frazeHFC
20-09-2012, 09:35 PM
:eek:

silverhibee
20-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Mental. :agree:

Eyrie
20-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Puts throwing a coin onto the pitch into perspective*. Must be some right nutters amongst the supporters in Iran.

*Public safety note - Neither this poster nor hibs.net endorse throwing coins onto the pitch, the sole exception being Hearts games as this is considered an act of philanthropy towards their players.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Where's Bruno Mars when you need him?

SteveHFC
20-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Where's Bruno Mars when you need him?

Releasing another ***** song as we speak :rolleyes:

Scottiedog007
20-09-2012, 10:20 PM
I think you will find that was a fire cracker not a grenade video posted on STV website earlier tonight

Auckland Hibs
20-09-2012, 10:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPVLJzeZ9i8&feature=youtu.be
a bit nuts eh?

Bit off the original topic but heard a story a few years ago that during a late 1980's game at Ibrox one of the Hibs casuals threw a dummy grenade into the little terraced area which was adjacent to the away end - caused a bit of a panic with the home fans but don't recall reading anything in the press about it?

Anyone heard if this is a true story?

frazeHFC
20-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Bit off the original topic but heard a story a few years ago that during a late 1980's game at Ibrox one of the Hibs casuals threw a dummy grenade into the little terraced area which was adjacent to the away end - caused a bit of a panic with the home fans but don't recall reading anything in the press about it?

Anyone heard if this is a true story?

I am sure i remember reading in the books that a firework was thrown, but no mention of a dummy grenade?

Nakedmanoncrack
20-09-2012, 11:09 PM
I am sure i remember reading in the books that a firework was thrown, but no mention of a dummy grenade?

Flare fired off the roof once, when we were above the old standing enclosure in main stand.

cam75
21-09-2012, 10:07 AM
The pig at the barca v r-Madrid game(Figo) was mental

Watford_Mark
21-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Flare fired off the roof once, when we were above the old standing enclosure in main stand.

Yep, i remember that and was about 10 rows behind incident.

Eddie May scored in a 1-1 draw.

Mark

CalgaryHibs
21-09-2012, 11:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPVLJzeZ9i8&feature=youtu.be
a bit nuts eh?

Saw this on Pix11 news New York this morning bizarre or what??

yeezus.
21-09-2012, 12:52 PM
I thought it might of been found at Celtic park!

sadtom
21-09-2012, 02:07 PM
When i saw the thread title i was sure it would be at Arsenal. :offski:

hibee_nation
21-09-2012, 02:27 PM

Wasn't long after the Bradford fire disaster, the huns were going mental thinking we had set fire to their old wooden stand. Probably the most poisinous atmosphere at any match i have attended. Happy days. :agree:

SkintHibby
21-09-2012, 02:35 PM
I thought it might of been found at Celtic park!

Might 'HAVE' been found. FFS!!!

Anyway, your comment was rubbish.

yeezus.
21-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Might 'HAVE' been found. FFS!!!

Anyway, your comment was rubbish.

You know what I mean. It's a joke, calm doon.

SkintHibby
21-09-2012, 02:38 PM
I think you will find that was a fire cracker not a grenade video posted on STV website earlier tonight

Correct. If that had been a grenade then at least a few of them standing there would have been killed or seriously injured.:agree:

Killiehibbie
21-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Flare fired off the roof once, when we were above the old standing enclosure in main stand.I think the intended target was the Govan but it went straight up and got caught in the netting.

SkintHibby
21-09-2012, 02:42 PM
You know what I mean. It's a joke, calm doon.

You are inferring there's a terrorist element to the Celtic support which isnae really funny. Sorry, just my view!

yeezus.
21-09-2012, 02:46 PM
You are inferring there's a terrorist element to the Celtic support which isnae really funny. Sorry, just my view!

Sorry if I implied that - I was speaking to a Celtic fan a couple of weeks ago who accused me of supporting a team who have watered down the Irish element so much that we might as well be "Huns".

I'm glad Hibs fans don't sing IRA songs - I don't see the need to sing "Up the Ra" at a football ground. Sorry, just my view.

Killiehibbie
21-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Maybe no funny but it's true.

--------
21-09-2012, 02:58 PM

You mean, there ISN'T a terrorist element to the Celtic support?

I might not be funny, but it's been true as long as I've been going to football.

Unless that's a Yeovil Town balaclava the goon's wearing ...

http://i56.tinypic.com/2yl6amu.jpg

:wink:

And I HATE quoting The Sun, but ...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/real_life/2116482/Tiaras-to-balaclavas.html

yeezus.
21-09-2012, 03:02 PM

Stevie Reid
21-09-2012, 03:04 PM
A mate of mine told me that he was at an Old Firm game many moons ago, and the guy sat next to him was giving Roy Aitken absolute dogs abuse - after deciding that verbal abuse wasn't enough, this guy turned round to the boy next to him (who he didn't know), and ripped the pie that he was in the process of eating out of his hand/mouth, and launched it at Aitken.

Needless to say the bemused boy left with just fragments of pie cascading from his gob was none too happy.

Kojock
21-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Wasn't long after the Bradford fire disaster, the huns were going mental thinking we had set fire to their old wooden stand. Probably the most poisinous atmosphere at any match i have attended. Happy days. :agree:

You being serious :confused:

I was at the game and when the flare was let off, it flew into the roof of the stand, struck a supporting crossbeam before burning a hole in the netting and falling onto the crowd below. It could easily have seriously injured someone but hey if thats your idea of fun at the football then who am I to argue. :crazy:

Hibercelona
21-09-2012, 03:36 PM

There is a terrorist element to the Celtic support. :confused:

Chibs
21-09-2012, 06:25 PM
What I was told by someone ,and someone I would not argue with with,told me that grenade was real but did not go off.

hibee_nation
21-09-2012, 07:00 PM
You being serious :confused:

I was at the game and when the flare was let off, it flew into the roof of the stand, struck a supporting crossbeam before burning a hole in the netting and falling onto the crowd below. It could easily have seriously injured someone but hey if thats your idea of fun at the football then who am I to argue. :crazy:

Thats exactly how it happened except for the bit about it could have hurt someone after it got stuck, when it landed there was an extremely large number of CCS dancing round it. Bus load of Ulster bus huns giving me dogs abuse on the way into ipox, my car window broken and wifes handbag nicked as we got back to the car, as i say happy days. :greengrin