PDA

View Full Version : How bad is Sparky's injury? (merged)

CraigHibee
15-09-2012, 06:05 PM
missed the game today, anyone know how bad his injury is? hope it's nothing serious

Capt Mainwaring
15-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Seemed to get a bad ankle knock from a challenge. Limping badly as he came back onto the pitch to take applause at the end.

Hard to say how bad but if he was able to limp back on after the full time whistle I'm hoping that's weeks rest and treatment will see him back next Saturday.

monktonharp
15-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Seemed to get a bad ankle knock from a challenge. Limping badly as he came back onto the pitch to take applause at the end.

Hard to say how bad but if he was able to limp back on after the full time whistle I'm hoping that's weeks rest and treatment will see him back next Saturday.I looked over when he originally went down, and thought it was a stretcher case. he was writhing aboot and punching the ground IIR. the trainer /physio actually started running on before a ref's signal and when he got there he immedietly signalled "change over" to the bench, so I dont think he will shake off this ankle knock in a week.

Billy Whizz
15-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Fenlon said on the radio that he injured his ankle at training on Friday. He seemed to go over on it. Hopefully be fine for Saturday

hibsbollah
15-09-2012, 06:29 PM
He couldnt put any weight on it without wincing. Id be very surprised if hes back next week.

RoYO!
15-09-2012, 06:30 PM
I thought he looked not too bad as he walked on at the end. Can't be too bad an injury or he'd have been told to keep off it/ ice etc

CraigHibee
15-09-2012, 06:38 PM
cheers guys, hopefully nothing too bad

Capt Mainwaring
15-09-2012, 06:44 PM
He's just tweeted that the ankle is sore but should be ok. :aok:

Franck Stanton
15-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Was sitting at the front of the FF as he walked along behind the goals giving all the bairns the "High 5" asked him if his injury was bad and he said -" just a knock, be ok for next week, coming off as a precaution". Walked rest of way along FF end with a smile on his face laughing at all the kids with their hands out towards him.

Seveno
15-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Was sitting at the front of the FF as he walked along behind the goals giving all the bairns the "High 5" asked him if his injury was bad and he said -" just a knock, be ok for next week, coming off as a precaution". Walked rest of way along FF end with a smile on his face laughing at all the kids with their hands out towards him.

He made a lot of wee boys very happy. Well done, Leigh. :thumbsup:

Duffys13
15-09-2012, 07:39 PM
I thought he looked not too bad as he walked on at the end. Can't be too bad an injury or he'd have been told to keep off it/ ice etc

From the East it appeared he got ice strapped to it, when he got sat in the dugout. Hope he's ok, the boy is class.

Scouse Hibee
15-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Surely can't be that bad as he walked right around the pitch from the East with no assistance.

theonlywayisup
18-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Will he be ok for Saturday?:dunno:

Piqué
18-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Said he should be ok on twitter. Here's hoping!

Pretty Boy
18-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Hope he's ok. He had ice straight on it when he went off then had his boots back on when he came on at the end to applaud the fans so think that's a good sign.

#FromTheCapital
18-09-2012, 06:22 PM
He tweeted a pic of his ankle a few days ago, it looked a sore one. Hope he's ok cos he's probably our most important player at the moment

iwasthere1972
18-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Couldn't have been that bad as he did high fives with most of the FF lower on his way off on Saturday. He was milking the hero status if you ask me.

DAVE1875
18-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Couldn't have been that bad as he did high fives with most of the FF lower on his way off on Saturday. He was milking the hero status if you ask me.

Or since it was Hibs Kids day he was making the wee Hibbies happy

hibs0666
18-09-2012, 06:29 PM

Or he was giving the bairns exactly what they wanted.

Jack
18-09-2012, 06:37 PM

Hibs player positively engages with fans.

Outrageous, shocking.

hibee_girl
18-09-2012, 06:41 PM

What would you be calling him if he ignored the kids? :rolleyes:

Hibs7
18-09-2012, 06:44 PM

You are either a Dick or a Jambo.

Hibercelona
18-09-2012, 06:45 PM

:agree:

He should have completely ignored them IMO.

Pretty Boy
18-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Hibs player positively engages with fans.

Outrageous, shocking.

Agreed.

I'm sick of all this positive feeling and being 2nd in the league. I want to get back to booing and abusing the players and having Sparky give us the eh Sparky.

nonshinyfinish
18-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Erm, is it just me that thought the 'milking it' post was tongue-in-cheek?

Hibrandenburg
18-09-2012, 06:52 PM

Hope so!

nonshinyfinish
18-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Hope so!

I thought it was fairly obvious that it was a joke, but the rapid appearance of an angry mob seems to suggest otherwise.

frazeHFC
18-09-2012, 07:59 PM

On the video of Mowbray's season that is on youtube (I'm on my way?), there is a shot of Leigh in the FF going crazy after a goal, leaning over the front wall bit. Maybe he knows how much the kids love going to the football he just took the effort to step to the side and give them high-fives, making their day even better?

Sudds_1
18-09-2012, 08:06 PM

and why not.......the kids loved it. I even had a few smiles at it.

stevenhibs
18-09-2012, 09:00 PM

Is there much of a difference?

nonshinyfinish
18-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Is there much of a difference?

Dicks are useful now and then.

leither17
18-09-2012, 09:37 PM
On the video of Mowbray's season that is on youtube (I'm on my way?), there is a shot of Leigh in the FF going crazy after a goal, leaning over the front wall bit. Maybe he knows how much the kids love going to the football he just took the effort to step to the side and give them high-fives, making their day even better?

Is there a youtube link to that anywhere?

frazeHFC
18-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Is there a youtube link to that anywhere?

Got the title slightly wrong. :greengrin Here is part 1, think there is 7 parts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pJ7LAv3SAo

leither17
18-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Got the title slightly wrong. :greengrin Here is part 1, think there is 7 parts.

Top man

skipster7
19-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Just sat and watched all seven parts,some brilliant football and memories.i think sparky is in part 7 when the team are going round the park :thumbsup:

Jones28
19-09-2012, 09:53 AM

Glad nobody asked you after a comment like that :aok:

iwasthere1972
19-09-2012, 12:32 PM

It was but I see it didn't go down too well.

iwasthere1972
19-09-2012, 12:36 PM

Wrong on both counts.

HH81
19-09-2012, 12:59 PM

Got the DVD however, just watched it again on there. Great season.

HibbyAndy
19-09-2012, 01:13 PM

I got it mate :aok:

Some folk just aren't quick witted as you and me Rab:cb

JohnStephens91
19-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Just sat and watched all seven parts,some brilliant football and memories.i think sparky is in part 7 when the team are going round the park :thumbsup:

It looks like Sparky is giving the :giruy: as the camera just moves away from him haha

silverhibee
19-09-2012, 02:23 PM

Not well at all. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
19-09-2012, 05:36 PM
I got it mate :aok:

Some folk just aren't quick witted as you and me Rab:cb

Thanks Andy. Fancy being called a Yam as well. Oh i'd rather be a Dick than a yam

Hibs7
20-09-2012, 07:01 AM

Yeah, easy to say that after you have been shot down, a smiley would have shown your intent.

theonlywayisup
20-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Not looking too good for Sparky playing on Saturday. Fenlon is quoted as saying in the Daily Record that he hasn't trained since the weekend. Could be bluffing though!

Leigh Griffiths netted the penalty and was awarded the opening goal direct from a corner against Killie. But the striker could be absent on Saturday against Inverness due to an ankle injury when Hibs go in search of an extension to their five-match unbeaten run. Fenlon added: "He hasn't trained since the weekend. We'll see how he is. If he's not right, we'll change it."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kenny-shiels-needs-to-admit-he-got-it-wrong-1334410

Dinkydoo
21-09-2012, 06:01 AM
From the picture on Twitter it looked like quite a severe sprain. His foot looked similar to my 'big foot' when I had a hairline fracture after landing a 7 foot drop ackwardly at the local skate park. Needless to say I decided then and there that I was too old for Skateboarding and haven't been more than 3 times since. :greengrin

Deek01
21-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Just tweeted he's out of tomorrow, massive loss.

lucky
21-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Not happy that he is giving info out that he is not playing tomorrow. Why tell ICT in advance. Hopefully Pat will have a word about his tweets

JimBHibees
21-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Not happy that he is giving info out that he is not playing tomorrow. Why tell ICT in advance. Hopefully Pat will have a word about his tweets

Completely agree, some players really dont help themselves however may be a bluff though not sure Leigh is smart enough for that. :greengrin

So who up front Doyle and Caldwell would be my shout. Big loss if true given LG's form however would be a great opportunity for Caldwell if he is picked.

Stevie Reid
21-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Completely agree, some players really dont help themselves however may be a bluff though not sure Leigh is smart enough for that. :greengrin

So who up front Doyle and Caldwell would be my shout. Big loss if true given LG's form however would be a great opportunity for Caldwell if he is picked.

I would like to see us start with Kuqi up front, they're quite a physical side and we should be able to get a half/60 mins out of him. Caldwell looks very raw, rather see him come off the bench.

Regardless of what we do, keeping the same shape/formation is a must IMO.

JimBHibees
21-09-2012, 10:32 AM
I would like to see us start with Kuqi up front, they're quite a physical side and we should be able to get a half/60 mins out of him. Caldwell looks very raw, rather see him come off the bench.

I think you are probably right about Kuqi as you say given his size and experience.

Stevie Reid
21-09-2012, 10:33 AM

I should add that I'm confident that Doyle will step up and make even more of an impact tomorrow, really like him.

silverhibee
21-09-2012, 10:55 AM

I really hope that it is a wind up from Leigh and he starts the game tomorrow as we really need him fit and playing, but if he is out for tomorrow and he has tweeted it, then the club need to do something about this tweeting nonsense by the Hibs players.

silverhibee
21-09-2012, 10:59 AM

If the big guy couldn't even make the bench last week then i cannot see him starting tomorrows game, if Leigh is out for the game then he will be a big miss for us.

Stevie Reid
21-09-2012, 11:15 AM
If the big guy couldn't even make the bench last week then i cannot see him starting tomorrows game, if Leigh is out for the game then he will be a big miss for us.

I do appreciate that, but even if he's only mobile enough to run between their centre backs, I would think it worthwhile for a half at least.

hibsbollah
21-09-2012, 11:35 AM
I should add that I'm confident that Doyle will step up and make even more of an impact tomorrow, really like him.

I like Doyle too, but hes nowhere near griffiths for footspeed or goalscoring instinct. Griffiths will be a big loss tomorrow.

Stevie Reid
21-09-2012, 11:37 AM
I like Doyle too, but hes nowhere near griffiths for footspeed or goalscoring instinct. Griffiths will be a big loss tomorrow.

Don't disagree with any of that, just wanted to point out that I have lots of faith in his ability. For someone who has only played up front for one whole season, he's coming along very nicely, and his attitude is spot on.

Renfrew_Hibby
21-09-2012, 11:56 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/191239-injury-sidelines-leigh-griffiths-for-hibs-spl-clash-with-inverness/

That's it official now.

Scouse Hibee
21-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Injuries to any of our front players was always going to be a problem, now's the time for the midfield goalscorers to show us what they can do.

Stevie Reid
21-09-2012, 12:06 PM

That phone call to Pat, obviously worked...

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-shefki-kuqi-to-step-in-for-leigh-griffiths-1-2540546

Brooster
21-09-2012, 12:09 PM

Please no. Promote Caldwell or Handling if Griffiths doesn't make it.

Stevie Reid
21-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Please no. Promote Caldwell or Handling if Griffiths doesn't make it.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...iths-1-2540546 (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-shefki-kuqi-to-step-in-for-leigh-griffiths-1-2540546)

Skanko79
21-09-2012, 12:44 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...iths-1-2540546 (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-shefki-kuqi-to-step-in-for-leigh-griffiths-1-2540546)

the lad deserves his chance. just hope he takes it.

Mikeystewart
21-09-2012, 12:51 PM
This will give us all an indication of the level of depth in the squad and what we should expect from future injuries as the season goes on.

A point or more would be a good result keep the momentum going and go unbeaten for as long as possible.

Hopefully the thought of going top of the league for at least 24 hours will spur the team and the fans on.

hibsbollah
21-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Injuries to any of our front players was always going to be a problem, now's the time for the midfield goalscorers to show us what they can do.

:agree: i took Cairney first scorer at 14/1 with that in mind :flag:

--------
21-09-2012, 02:51 PM
So Leigh's tweeted that he's out of the team for tomorrow?

I bet Pat's delighted he's let that cat out of the bag.

Unless, of course, it's all part of a cunning, dastardly disinformation conspiracy ..... :turnevil: