PDA

View Full Version : Question Can a hibby be flat mates wae a Jambo?

TheFamous1875
17-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Can it actually be done? He's my mate, but he was a **** about the final, so I've got my reservations about actually living with the boy :confused:

Anyone got any good stories on the subject? A good bit of hibee advice wouldnae go a miss! :wink:

hibsbollah
17-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Of course you can :agree:

You'll never get a better opportunity to pish in his cornflakes.

Phil MaGlass
17-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Of course you can :agree:

You'll never get a better opportunity to pish in his cornflakes.

or 5hite in the stuffing of his pillow.

DC_Hibs
17-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Make sure your flat's near Broughton St and that way theres always a different bit of "hudson hawk" available (you filthy queen).

Regards.

soupy
17-09-2012, 04:17 PM
My jambo mate rented my spare room for about 3 years around the time of the famous 6-2 game, which he never came home till four days after, when he did eventually return, the livingroom was painted a lovely bottle green colour.

Not much of a story but true :-)

Hibstrooper
17-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Have done it twice; once about early 00's when I stayed with 2 Jambos and they never beat us. Remember coming home from derby at Tynie where O'Neil scored last minute equaliser and singing 'You'll never beat Sauzee'

Second time was about 04 and we never beat them so that wasn't as fun, especially as the flat was on Longstone - proper Jambo territory!

If it's mates then its just footie banter so shouldn't be a problem.

Cocaine&Caviar
17-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Rediculous question, we're not the ****** old firm.

Greendub
17-09-2012, 04:48 PM
I've had to live with 2 for 23 years

If I could kick them out I would, but they're my da and bro haha

ancient hibee
17-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Depends if she's a bit of a goer(can you say that nowadays?)

heid the baw
17-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Had a jambo flatmate back in '86. He was unbearable the week before his trip to Dens. Rubbin ma Hibby face right in it.....

He must have slunk back that night like a ninja and never came oot his room for about 2 days.

However luckily for him, I had the forsight to pick up a copy of every single Sunday paper.

Thank you Sir Albert

CraigHibee
17-09-2012, 09:14 PM
I shared a flat with my mate who is sadly a jambo, was just over 3 years, got on fine :)

frazeHFC
17-09-2012, 09:23 PM
My flatmate at Uni is a Jambo, but luckily not a die hard and doesn't care too much about football...

7 Hills
17-09-2012, 09:57 PM
It's a NO from me! I tolerated them for years for my maternal Grandfather's sake, he was a proper Old Skool Scottish Football Man and he would praise the Hibs if they deserved it, and he laughed like a drain when I couldn't and WOULDN'T return the compliment! He passed away in 2005 - thank **** the auld ******* wiznae here tae rip me when the ****bos beat us in the 2006 Semi or this year's Final! :wink:

edinburghhibee
18-09-2012, 02:05 AM
My mrs is one of them and we've lived the gether three years, it's been ok. Was good banter leading up to the final but in her defence she never said much about it when I got home afterwards she just said "I found myself wanting hibs to win after I saw how much fun you were having before the game" She could see what it ment.

Like someone said we aren't like the **** along the M8 I recon we both have decent core fans who love the football love the rivalry but it is left on the park, terrace or between mates.

Hibrandenburg
18-09-2012, 06:23 AM
Of course you can. Every household should have a Gimp.

On a serious note. Now is the time to do it as the tide is turning big style.

Pretty Boy
18-09-2012, 06:27 AM
Yes no problem.

I've got good mates who are Hearts fans. I'll banter with them, slag them and take a slagging about football but that's all it is is football rivalry. There's an element of the Hearts support I really dislike but most of the Hearts fans I know are decent guys just supporting their team.

Pretty much all my Hearts mates were ok about the final, they know I'm a proper football fan and they knew what it meant to me. Of course there was banter but they didn't milk it.

hibbiedon
18-09-2012, 06:33 AM
No problem with jambo flat mates...............as long as i drive the steam roller

Hal Jordan
18-09-2012, 06:39 AM
I shared a flat with a Jambo up at Stirling Uni. It was the year we went down and they won the Scottish, but he was surprisingly awrite about it. Then again, he was from Gala.

EdinMike
18-09-2012, 06:54 AM
I was, for a good few years. Was prior to the final granted. But we had great discussions on football and Derby games especially ! Just have to make sure you find one of those "Sound" Yams...

Few and far between...

machibby
18-09-2012, 07:28 AM
Big worry for me would be his monthly problems with delayed rent payments.

hibsbollah
18-09-2012, 08:11 AM
A more topical question is; would you let one babysit:dunno:

--------
18-09-2012, 09:01 AM
It's a bit of a bind taking it out to do its business (gets very messy of you don't).

I always put mine in a dog-cage in the utility room overnight. Otherwise you'll have to replace your couches and armchairs regularly - you can't get rid of the smell of a Yam from soft furnishings.

And make sure it's neutered. You can't take the risk of it breeding.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-09-2012, 09:44 AM
My brother had the misfortune to share a flat with one until The Yam's nocturnal internet activities were revealed in The EN!

--------
18-09-2012, 09:52 AM
My brother had the misfortune to share a flat with one until The Yam's nocturnal internet activities were revealed in The EN!

Yup. If you keep 'em in, they're trolling through the pervert sections of the internet; let 'em out and they're raking through the wheelie-bins and howling at the moon.

Personally, I'd keep ferrets instead. MUCH cleaner animals.

mikethehibee69
18-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Yep it's fine, I've been married to one for 12 years and the banter is fab!!, lots of Jambo pals as well, we as someone else said ain't the old and infirm:wink: although get your rent up front :thumbsup: