PDA

View Full Version : Killie should be charged with Bringing game in to Disrepute (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

ekhibee
15-09-2012, 07:01 PM
What's he like! I like people that speak their mind, but he takes it to a new level, don't you think?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/19613535

Saorsa
15-09-2012, 07:07 PM
:blah: :boo hoo: :dummytit: :violin:

Scouse Hibee
15-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Just makes him sound like a bitter twat every time he loses IMO

theonlywayisup
15-09-2012, 07:09 PM
What's he like! I like people that speak their mind, but he takes it to a new level, don't you think?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/19613535

They were unlucky, in a way. I thought that Killie played well.

tamig
15-09-2012, 07:10 PM
To be fair, if I was him I'd have been gutted at not getting at least a point today. The only real thing I disagreed with was his comment about the crowd influencing the ref. Not a chance of that from where I was! I thought the penalty was a stonewaller when I saw it - but will be happy to be proved wrong once I've seen it on the telly.

Pretty Boy
15-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Killie probably deserved a point today. Williams had a couple of very good saves and they missed a few chances, as did we.

Not sure about the penalty and the crowd influencing it but on the whole the ref was ****ing atrocious for both sides.

theonlywayisup
15-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Furthermore, I think he is a very good manager.

Franck Stanton
15-09-2012, 07:13 PM
What a greetin'-face wee *****-bag. My god, he has the nerve to complain about a so-called hand ball by Clancy denying them a penalty - WHAT ABOUT HIS PLAYERS BLATANT HAND BALL ON THEIR RIGHT WING LEADING UP TO THEIR EQUALISER - TAKE IT THAT ONE SLIPPED YOUR MEMORY THEN YA NUMPTY. As for blaming the home support for putting the ref under pressure - gies a break, the ref was terrible today, he even gave Killie 70/30 decisions against them. Apart from the penalty award, he gave us nothing all game. About time managers spoke some truth and when they get beat - admit it was by the better team on the day.

hibsbollah
15-09-2012, 07:20 PM
I thought he gave every 50/50 to them and was the most anti Hibs.ref weve had at ER for ages.

The BFG can do one.

ozzie
15-09-2012, 07:26 PM
is he for real???? doyle was obviously 5 yards offside ? not so obvious from the famous five stand, penalty was not a penalty? really. i didn't see the tim clancy incident from the ff, can anybody else clarify this? & a as for the crowd swaying the ref !!!!!!!!! i know where i would have like to sway him he was rank. Killie we unlucky not to get a point from the game but that shows how far we have come since last season we dug in & ground the result out. ggtth

Big Frank
15-09-2012, 07:26 PM
I thought he gave every 50/50 to them and was the most anti Hibs.ref weve had at ER for ages.

The BFG can do one.

spot on

yeezus.
15-09-2012, 07:29 PM
I herd him say that the media go after him on Sportscene next week - I think he's just a wind-up merchant.

givescotlandfreedom
15-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Shiels is a fud which makes the result even more enjoyable :giruy::giruy::giruy:

hibeefan95
15-09-2012, 11:29 PM
What a greetin'-face wee *****-bag. My god, he has the nerve to complain about a so-called hand ball by Clancy denying them a penalty - WHAT ABOUT HIS PLAYERS BLATANT HAND BALL ON THEIR RIGHT WING LEADING UP TO THEIR EQUALISER - TAKE IT THAT ONE SLIPPED YOUR MEMORY THEN YA NUMPTY. As for blaming the home support for putting the ref under pressure - gies a break, the ref was terrible today, he even gave Killie 70/30 decisions against them. Apart from the penalty award, he gave us nothing all game. About time managers spoke some truth and when they get beat - admit it was by the better team on the day.

:agree: :top marks:greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
15-09-2012, 11:55 PM
is he for real???? doyle was obviously 5 yards offside ? not so obvious from the famous five stand, penalty was not a penalty? really. i didn't see the tim clancy incident from the ff, can anybody else clarify this? & a as for the crowd swaying the ref !!!!!!!!! i know where i would have like to sway him he was rank. Killie we unlucky not to get a point from the game but that shows how far we have come since last season we dug in & ground the result out. ggtth

I was up the other end so couldn't say if Doyle was offside or not (though it looked like he may well have been), but why on earth is he complaining about a goal that wasn't given anyway?

I too think Killie were worth a point, but to hear Shiels you'd think they were robbed by bad refereeing and a cheating opposition, which is just nonsense. Maybe they didn't get the breaks and we did - tough, get over it!

Johnny0762
15-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Kenny Shiels is a tube. End of.

machibby
16-09-2012, 12:05 AM
The only thing I could really agree with him on was they were unlucky, we let them play at times sitting off and sitting back. The penalty was a definite one, thought so at the time and tv footage confirms it. Wonder if Shiels will come out and declare he was totally wrong on that one. As for the Clancy hand ball, didn't see it at the time, but from the highlights there could be something in it. Thought the ref was poor as was one of his linesmen and if he was swayed by the home support, then I'd say it was not in our favour.
Can though understand why he's so miserable.:violin:

Johnny0762
16-09-2012, 12:10 AM
The only thing I could really agree with him on was they were unlucky, we let them play at times sitting off and sitting back. The penalty was a definite one, thought so at the time and tv footage confirms it. Wonder if Shiels will come out and declare he was totally wrong on that one. As for the Clancy hand ball, didn't see it at the time, but from the highlights there could be something in it. Thought the ref was poor as was one of his linesmen and if he was swayed by the home support, then I'd say it was not in our favour.
Can though understand why he's so miserable.:violin:

Yes, you too would probably be miserable sat in Kilmarnock waiting on McCoist getting his jotters for the Govan gig. :wink:

Hibercelona
16-09-2012, 12:42 AM
Killie didn't deserve a draw or a win yesterday, otherwise they wouldn't have lost.

Quite simple really.

Wotherspiniesta
16-09-2012, 12:46 AM
Does anyone else think that Kenny Shiels is in danger of self imploding one of these days?

You can feel the bitterness with what he says, yet he says it in such a calm way.

Maybe its the accent.

Northernhibee
16-09-2012, 01:57 AM
He should count himself very lucky his keeper wasnt sent off for lashing out and raising his hands to Cairney. Totally unprovoked.

silverhibee
16-09-2012, 01:59 AM
Nice guy.

Cabbage East
16-09-2012, 02:07 AM

muzzhfc
16-09-2012, 02:11 AM
comments such as "worst ref we have had at ER" are surely wide of the mark. or was it THAT long ago Craig Thomson was last seen round ER?

I do dislike Kenny Sheils. Outspoken is one thing, however, hes just a plain numpty. Cant wait for him to leave the SPL. Although, would mean the banter drys up

weecounty hibby
16-09-2012, 06:04 AM
He is up there with fat jim in being a complete bellend. I cany ungerstand the love in with him in the media and even some of our support!! He spouts bare faced lies to cover up for his insdequaces as a manager. Total **** who is a hun apologist to boot. **** him. 2-1 Hibs is all he needs to wlrry about

vanNISHtelroy
16-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Killie didn't deserve a draw or a win yesterday, otherwise they wouldn't have lost.

Haven't seen any of the game yet but that seems silly. Plenty of teams will lose or draw when they deserve more.

vanNISHtelroy
16-09-2012, 07:28 AM
He should count himself very lucky his keeper wasnt sent off for lashing out and raising his hands to Cairney. Totally unprovoked.

Sorry, can't multi-quote on my phone. As said in other post, haven't seen any of game yet...but dunno if it's still the case but remember on motd that they take into account force used and if hands were raised to face or chest etc.

Pretty Boy
16-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Haven't seen any of the game yet but that seems silly. Plenty of teams will lose or draw when they deserve more.

Not really. If you have more chances and don't take them then you don't deserve anything.

Not that Killie had more chances yesterday.

Good touch by your fans by the way with the 'we said no' and 'change the regime' banners.

Gettin' Auld
16-09-2012, 08:28 AM
I herd him say that the media go after him on Sportscene next week

You must be psychic. :wink:

lucky
16-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Killie could have got a point as they piled the pressure on. But Hibs had the better chances. Kenny Shiels is generally embarrassing but defends his team. Most pleasing thing in the interview is that they both thought the crowd influenced the game.

Hibs Class
16-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Sorry, can't multi-quote on my phone. As said in other post, haven't seen any of game yet...but dunno if it's still the case but remember on motd that they take into account force used and if hands were raised to face or chest etc.

It was aggressive (yellow) rather than violent (red) imo. I thought the ref got that one right.

AFKA5814_Hibs
16-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Re the offside goal by Doyle. I saw the linesman put his flag up so didn't cheer, though imagine there would have been people who didn't and celebrated a goal when the ball hit the back of the net, that would happen in any stadium in the world. Cannot believe Shiels actually picked up on that incident as if the crowd was full of referees.

The guy is a Grade A prat at times.

ALF TUPPER
16-09-2012, 09:26 AM
I was there. Defo not a dive and i suppose the Hibs support influenced the officials to award fouls against us, disallow a goal, bookings, offsides etc/...

**** off Shiels youre getting tiresome.

Off the bar
16-09-2012, 09:46 AM
I always think of Kenny shiels as the arsene Wenger of the spl not because he can manage but because he is a split faced moaning arse who is blind when his players are in the wrong. Total. Tit. IMO

Jones28
16-09-2012, 10:11 AM
KS is irritating at best, just seems to always have an excuse for his team losing: apparantly this week the east was full of referees? Wish he would show the same attitude as his son, always humble and dignified in victory and defeat.

1two
16-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Is that not why playing at home is meant to be an advantage? Because you have the home crowd helping influence things on the pitch?

Saorsa
16-09-2012, 10:59 AM
However Killie manager Shiels was adamant the official got the decision wrong.

"He (Cairney) ran straight into my player looking for a penalty," he said.

"There was no contact. I don't have to see replays. We know it wasn't a penalty."I think maybe you do need tae see the replays, erse :hilarious :bye:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/A23OzpoCEAA4FGo.jpg

Future17
16-09-2012, 11:18 AM

The BFG can do one.

Not even close.

He was very very poor, but for both sides. What about the foul he gave up when 2 of our players tackled each other in the box?

Not convinced about the penalty but hard to tell from my angle.

brythehibby
16-09-2012, 11:18 AM
I actually like listening to shiels at times and like his honesty. But having listened to his interview he just comes across bitter. I thought the ref was poor yesterday not just for us. And as shown in the pic - it was a clear penalty. Goals win games kenny - you'd do well to remember that.

Scouse Hibee
16-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Not even close.

He was very very poor, but for both sides. What about the foul he gave up when 2 of our players tackled each other in the box?

:greengrin Forgot about that one, brilliant!

leggeto
16-09-2012, 12:08 PM
To be fair, if I was him I'd have been gutted at not getting at least a point today. The only real thing I disagreed with was his comment about the crowd influencing the ref. Not a chance of that from where I was! I thought the penalty was a stonewaller when I saw it - but will be happy to be proved wrong once I've seen it on the telly.

i know,when does any ref ever listen to us,boo hoo dry yer eyes,realy starting to not like that man for his moanin:flag::flag::flag:g

.Sean.
16-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Kenny Shiels is the biggest ******** in the SPL. Bitter wee man. Can't stand him.

Get it right up ye :fenlon

Gala Foxes
16-09-2012, 12:49 PM
The guy was hilarious yesterday - he was actually getting annoyed with plastic bags that were blowing on to the pitch in the 2nd half, he picked up two bags looking round on both occasions as though Hibs should have someone there to combat "the plastic bag menace". The media have hyped him up big style as some sort of super-manager & he is living up to the image.

JohnStephens91
16-09-2012, 02:05 PM
The guy was hilarious yesterday - he was actually getting annoyed with plastic bags that were blowing on to the pitch in the 2nd half, he picked up two bags looking round on both occasions as though Hibs should have someone there to combat "the plastic bag menace". The media have hyped him up big style as some sort of super-manager & he is living up to the image.

To be fair though there was a lot of rubbish on the pitch and it was actually hacking me off, how did it get so messy? People just need to make sure they don't let their rubbish float away

Hibs7
16-09-2012, 02:10 PM
I think maybe you do need tae see the replays, erse :hilarious :bye:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/A23OzpoCEAA4FGo.jpg

Looks like the ref got it right .... have a look Mr Sheils then an apology should be forthcoming ... but it won't.

Dalianwanda
16-09-2012, 02:45 PM
He was pretty complementary about us before the game...no thread on that I notice ;-)

CraigHibee
16-09-2012, 03:19 PM
He is one bitter man! he should give credit where it is due, instead in that interview he is trying to find excuses why his team never got a result.

As for the penalty decision, the picture speaks for itself

HoboHarry
16-09-2012, 03:26 PM
A greetin faced git he may be but Terry Butcher is up there with him. He doesn't seem to have ever lost a game when it wasn't the referees fault. Lost his privileges that he had at Rangers methinks...

Humo
16-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Not even close.

I saw the replay Claros jumped to get the ball away and a kille player kicked him in the head (accidently)

NAE NOOKIE
16-09-2012, 05:09 PM
We won 2 - 1 and the ref gave us a penalty.

He still got booed off at full time.

What does that tell you Kenny ?

The_Todd
16-09-2012, 05:40 PM
This quote from from the Scotsman website today sums him up:

While desperate to see the opposition subjected to trial by television, he admitted he hadn’t actually seen any reruns of the controversial incident. “There certainly wasn’t any contact. Even with my poor eyesight from 50 yards away I could see that. I don’t even need to see any replays, I know it wasn’t a penalty.”

The guy's an utter trumpet.

--------
16-09-2012, 05:49 PM
This quote from from the Scotsman website today sums him up:

While desperate to see the opposition subjected to trial by television, he admitted he hadn’t actually seen any reruns of the controversial incident. “There certainly wasn’t any contact. Even with my poor eyesight from 50 yards away I could see that. I don’t even need to see any replays, I know it wasn’t a penalty.”

The guy's an utter trumpet.

I liked that quote too. He's 50 yards away and he can't see without glasses which he isn't wearing and he still knows better than a referee who was much closer to the incident and who has to have regular sight-tests to keep his job as a referee ...

Would I be disrespecting him and his players if I suggested he's either a liar or an idiot?

iwasthere1972
16-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Just makes him sound like a bitter twat every time he loses IMO

:agree: What a absolute tosser. Even the Hibs fans didn't escape his sarcasm. He's like an old record and for once needs to accept that some decisions don't go your way and move on. I'm sure there are games that Killie get decisions going their way when they shouldn't (take yesterday for example) and we are told by almost every manager on tv that these things tend to balance themselves out during the course of a season.

No wonder Dean wanted away from Killie. Trumpet.

Bookkeeper
16-09-2012, 06:30 PM
He was pretty complementary about us before the game...no thread on that I notice ;-)

Wouldn't be surprised if that was just a poor, amateurish attempt at mind games. He does tend to talk a lot o' mince in amongst the 'honesty'

dmc1875
16-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if that was just a poor, amateurish attempt at mind games. He does tend to talk a lot o' mince in amongst the 'honesty'

He is quite fond of Hibs because of the way we looked after Deano, he does hold us in regard.

I hope he has decided to watch the highlights and noted that it was a clear penalty, sending off for the keeper (probably) & Doyles goal was onside...:rolleyes:

Dalianwanda
16-09-2012, 06:44 PM

Ah come on..he's no chance then

yeezus.
16-09-2012, 08:25 PM
You must be psychic. :wink:

Damm, last week I meant. Bloody tablets.

Jonnyboy
16-09-2012, 08:29 PM
They were unlucky, in a way. I thought that Killie played well.

Furthermore, I think he is a very good manager.

That your views or the results of a poll?

:greengrin

LeighLoyal
16-09-2012, 08:33 PM
They did play well I thought. The stramash in the box at the end was not good for my health.

hfc rd
16-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Him and Terry Butcher are the biggest moaners in this league. Can't stand either of them.

GIRFUY!

seven nowt
16-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Kenny Shiels is at it again

He always has been.

matty_f
17-09-2012, 12:01 AM
Their keeper is at it as well, calling for Cairney to get suspended for diving.

Really hope Fenlon or the board stand up for Cairney and make a statement condemning Shiels and their keeper for their comments.

If Killie have any decency they'll be apologizing in the morning.

jamieross
17-09-2012, 12:06 AM

Really hope Fenlon or the board stand up for Cairney and make a statement condemning Shiels and their keeper for their comments.

At the end of the day, the video footage shows it was a pen. Player never touched the ball and caught Cairneys foot. So GIRFUY Shiels, ya Hun sympathising tube. :fenlon

Heisenberg
17-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Take it they missed their own player James Dayton chucking himself to the ground in the corner next to the away fans to win a free kick? Although its a bit different as he actually cheated whilst Cairney was clearly fouled by O'Leary.

wearehibernian
17-09-2012, 01:50 AM
Actually quite like the geezer although he is a bit mental...

500miles
17-09-2012, 04:31 AM
Take it they missed their own player James Dayton chucking himself to the ground in the corner next to the away fans to win a free kick? Although its a bit different as he actually cheated whilst Cairney was clearly fouled by O'Leary.
To be fair to KS, he had go at Dayton as well.
He's just a passionate football man, who speaks before he thinks, and perhaps tries to get as much out of refs as he can.
I'm sure he will offer his apologies after viewing the incident.

Hibrandenburg
17-09-2012, 06:28 AM
Think it was a soft penalty. Cairney was already on his way down when contact was made. However the fact that it's still being talked about even after folks have seen the footage only emphasises how difficult it is for refs during the run of play.

lucky
17-09-2012, 06:44 AM
Every time we beat them he blames us for cheating or the refs for being poor. Last year he timed how long Stack kept the ball. The guys a clown, who clearly thinks he is better than he is

matty_f
17-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Think it was a soft penalty. Cairney was already on his way down when contact was made. However the fact that it's still being talked about even after folks have seen the footage only emphasises how difficult it is for refs during the run of play.

Think almost everyone that's seen the replay have it down as a penalty. The ref had a good view and had a fairly easy decision in this instance, imho.

The keeper and shiels got it wrong and that's the only reason it's up for debate, really.

theonlywayisup
17-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Cairney's was not a dive, contact was made.

Dayton's was a dive, no contact was made.

END OF STORY

17-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Shiels is an ungracious, moaning faced twat. Just another Neil Lennon type character, cant accept defeat and has to blame everybody else.

maturehibby
17-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Cairney's was not a dive, contact was made.

Dayton's was a dive, no contact was made.

END OF STORY

That was the last decision that Hibs got as Shiels said he had a discussion with the referee at half time and whatever he said to the Referee Mr McLean gave every 50/50 and more in Killies favour in the second half .
Says a lot that there was no rash tackles in their own box by the Hibs players as the Ref would have tried to even up the penalties after his "Talk" with Shiels .
And am still waiting for his apology about what he said about Cairney

vanNISHtelroy
17-09-2012, 10:08 AM

Dayton needs to learn to stop doing that. Does it a lot and has cost us some freekicks where his reputation goes before him.

vanNISHtelroy
17-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Think it was a soft penalty. Cairney was already on his way down when contact was made.

that's more or less how I saw it on sportscene but there was contact even though he was on way down, so would have been screaming for it if it was the other way!

Yous beat us the same way as stenhousemuir in the cup...bad goalkeeping mistake at a set piece by lethern and a penalty given away by O'Leary that could have been avoided!

1875er
17-09-2012, 10:21 AM
that's more or less how I saw it on sportscene but there was contact even though he was on way down, so would have been screaming for it if it was the other way!

Yous beat us the same way as stenhousemuir in the cup...bad goalkeeping mistake at a set piece by lethern and a penalty given away by O'Leary that could have been avoided!

Fair play vanNish... a good unbiased view.

machibby
17-09-2012, 10:23 AM

What's your take on the Doyle offside goal? Looks from the footage to be a wrong decision, although one I thought at the time was fair.
That young lad you brought on looks like a decent prospect and will give you some of the entertainment KS wants to bring.

--------
17-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Shiels is an ungracious, moaning faced twat. Just another Neil Lennon type character, cant accept defeat and has to blame everybody else.

He's much more than that, IMO. His constant complaints and allegations of opponents cheating and referees letting them away with it are putting pressure on referees to favour Kilmarnock. Referees MAY resist the pressure, but Shiels goes on and on and on and on ...

Speaking to the ref at half-time demanding that he 'respect' the Killie players? Right after a penalty incident where the Killie golakeeper should have been red-carded? What exactly was that about? A concern for fair play or a deliberate attempt to influence the referee in Kilmarnock's favour?

The man's a dirty cheat himself.

Sas_The_Hibby
17-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Every time we beat them he blames us for cheating or the refs for being poor. Last year he timed how long Stack kept the ball. The guys a clown, who clearly thinks he is better than he is

To be fair, and I don't remember if it was the same game, but I have timed Stack (nothing better to do with my time! :greengrin) as holding the ball for 23 seconds, without penalty. Stack was particularly bad / good at this and lucky to get away with it - it was risking giving away an indirect F/K in our box, and I'd be pretty fed up seeing an opposition keeper doing this.

And NO, I'm not a Kenny Shiels fan!

Sas_The_Hibby
17-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Fair play vanNish... a good unbiased view.

Because it's the same view as ours? :wink::greengrin

Stevie Reid
17-09-2012, 10:29 AM

There was nothing soft about it - as clear a penalty as you will see, and an easy decision for the referee. The only reason it is being talked about is because of Shiels' (and the Killie players') ridiculous reaction.

Stevie Reid
17-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Furthermore, even in a slow motion replay he is most certainly not on the way down before the tackle was made.

--------
17-09-2012, 10:35 AM
What's your take on the Doyle offside goal? Looks from the footage to be a wrong decision, although one I thought at the time was fair.
That young lad you brought on looks like a decent prospect and will give you some of the entertainment KS wants to bring.

It's an awkward camera angle on the BBC, and they don't show the incident from behind the goal, but my view is that Eoin's just level with the last defender as Paul plays the ball to him, certainly not ahead of him.

Clearly onside, I'd say, but after Shiels' wee 'talk' with the officials at HT, we're probably lucky the two of them weren't booked for unsporting behaviour.

vanNISHtelroy
17-09-2012, 10:36 AM

From the angle they showed on sportscene, which didn't appear to be the best, I though he looked levelish.

Was it Chris Johnstone that came on? Only seen him a couple of times but he seems a great prospect. Will probably get more of a chance this year than he would have done with Kennedy moving to everton.

Sas_The_Hibby
17-09-2012, 10:37 AM
What's your take on the Doyle offside goal? Looks from the footage to be a wrong decision, although one I thought at the time was fair. That young lad you brought on looks like a decent prospect and will give you some of the entertainment KS wants to bring.

:agree:

It was very tight and you couldn't quite see Doyle at the exact moment the ball was passed. Certainly not anything like as clearcut as it seemed (from the other end of the East) at the time.

Shiels claims he was about five yards offside :faf: which, I think, says it all about how much credence you need to give to anything he says.

machibby
17-09-2012, 10:47 AM
From the angle they showed on sportscene, which didn't appear to be the best, I though he looked levelish.
Was it Chris Johnstone that came on? Only seen him a couple of times but he seems a great prospect. Will probably get more of a chance this year than he would have done with Kennedy moving to everton.

Yep Chris Johnstone. Really impressed by
the the lad, was very good on the ball with quick feet, while also solid enough for his size when being challenged. Don't know much about him, is he a graduate of your youth team?

aljo7-0
17-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Noticed at half time that Sam Stanton greated him as a long lost friend. Have they played together in a Scotland age team? Must be about the same age.

vanNISHtelroy
17-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Yep Chris Johnstone. Really impressed by
the the lad, was very good on the ball with quick feet, while also solid enough for his size when being challenged. Don't know much about him, is he a graduate of your youth team?

Yeah he has been in the under 19s and think he made his debut last year when he was 17 or something along those lines.

Played once for the Scotland under 19s but think he's been in the squad before too.

MB62
17-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Kenny Sheils is a clown that likes the sound of his own voice. However much worse in my opinion is what the Killie keeper has come out and said in public, accusing Paul Cairney of being a cheat,
I was raging when I read those comments from their keeper, he wants Cairney thrown out of the game, if newspaper reports are accurate, because he accused Paul of diving.
Both T.V. evidence and still photographs prove absolutely beyond doubt that Cairney was fouled in the box for the penalty.
The strength of the accusations are such that even an apology is not acceptable and this guy should be charged with bringing the game in to disrepute and suspended and fined.

Sheils claimed Doyle was 5 yards offside, again T.V. evidence shows he was ONSIDE so I would expect an apology from him for that comment.

Other than a stone wall penalty, the ref and his East stand side linesman gave us NOTHING all day. How he could book Doyle for his tackle when a Killie player about 10 minutes previous to that had a far worse straight leg, raised boot tackle that didn't even merit a foul to us, is beyond me.

If the SFA don't take this keeper to task for his comments then our club should be complaining officially.
Calling somebody a cheat is a serious accusation, especially when you ask for the player to be thrown out the game. When it is proved your accusations are wrong then you have to accept the punishment

Hibs7
17-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Agree with everything you said. :top marks

Greendub
17-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Agree, but is name is Paul not Tom hahaha

andymcc1875
17-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Kenny Sheils is a clown that likes the sound of his own voice. However much worse in mopinion is what the Killie keeper has come out and said in public, accusing Tom Cairney of being a cheat,
I was raging when I read those comments from their keeper, he wants Cairney thrown out of the game, if newspaper reports are accurate, because he accused Tom of diving.
Both T.V. evidence and still photographs prove absolutely beyond doubt that Cairney was fouled in the box for the penalty.
The strength of the accusations are such that even an apology is not acceptable and this guy should be charged with bringing the game in to disrepute and suspended and fined.

Sheils claimed Doyle was 5 yards offside, again T.V. evidence shows he was ONSIDE so I would expect an apology from him for that comment.

Other than a stone wall penalty, the ref and his East stand side linesman gabe us NOTHING all day. How he could book Doyle for his tackle when a Killie player about 10 minutes previous to that had a far worse straight leg, raised boot tackle that didn't even merit a foul to us, is beyond me.

If the SFA don't take this keeper to task for his comments then our club should be complaining officially.
Calling somebody a cheat is a serious accusation, especially when you ask for the player to be thrown out the game. When it p[roved your accusations are wrong then you have to accept the punishment

Paul cairney?

MB62
17-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Apologies, it is indeed Paul, a bit blinded by my anger on this (or just being an rs myself) :greengrin

Better go and edit it now :greengrin

hibees 7062
17-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Apologies, it is indeed Paul, a bit blinded by my anger on this (or just being an rs myself) :greengrin

Better go and edit it now :greengrin

Aye yea better before they come hame fae their work :greengrin

DaveF
17-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Have you got a link to these comments?

MB62
17-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Have you got a link to these comments?

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4539992/Hibernian-2-Kilmarnock-1.html

Stevie Reid
17-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Just read his comments in the EN - he should be disgusted with himself and have the decency to apologise. If he doesn't, the SPL should step in.

Future17
17-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Knows he blew it big time for first goal and is trying to deflect attention.

MB62
17-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Just read his comments in the EN - he should be disgusted with himself and have the decency to apologise. If he doesn't, the SPL should step in.

beyond apologies for me. Fined and suspended, although a personal apology to Paul might be in order.

JimBHibees
17-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Wasnt at game but from highlights a clear pen. Shiels is obviously going on the reaction of the goalie rather than having seen it himself. He does come over as a bitter man when he loses however he does seem to moan more than normal when playing us. He and the goalie should unless they apologise be up for disrepute charges with their comments about Cairney.

johnrebus
17-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Strange that no-one on the Killie side mentioned the blatant hand ball leading up to their equaliser?

:rolleyes:

green glory
17-09-2012, 12:56 PM
He's much more than that, IMO. His constant complaints and allegations of opponents cheating and referees letting them away with it are putting pressure on referees to favour Kilmarnock. Referees MAY resist the pressure, but Shiels goes on and on and on and on ...

Speaking to the ref at half-time demanding that he 'respect' the Killie players? Right after a penalty incident where the Killie golakeeper should have been red-carded? What exactly was that about? A concern for fair play or a deliberate attempt to influence the referee in Kilmarnock's favour?

The man's a dirty cheat himself.

This would explain a lot if the ref's decisions in the second half.

PatHead
17-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Think Shields is more passionate than your average manager and says what he thinks. Whilst I don't agree with his comments all the time at least you can understand what he is going on about unlike Craigie Brown who just makes little snide remarks whilst he smiles (or says "but the referees have a hard job" when one of his players is at it) so no-one thinks he is being bitter.

MB62
17-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Strange that no-one on the Killie side mentioned the blatant hand ball leading up to their equaliser?

Or the shocking, needless tackle on Clancy by Pascali in front of the West Stand, and he wasn't for giving up on moaning about something even after he had been booked.

HibeeN
17-09-2012, 01:13 PM
beyond apologies for me. Fined and suspended, although a personal apology to Paul might be in order.

:agree: Cairney is asking him for one! :greengrin

paul john cairney ‏@cairney87 (https://twitter.com/cairney87)
Killie keeper u having a laugh defo pen not a diver at all # say sorry

Titch
17-09-2012, 01:15 PM
8693 stone waller

Stevie Reid
17-09-2012, 01:18 PM

I have just posted earlier in this thread that I think that the keeper should feel disgusted with himself and apologise, but (as hard as it must be to face such criticism) I'd rather not see our players getting into Twitter wars.

JimBHibees
17-09-2012, 01:20 PM
I have just posted earlier in this thread that I think that the keeper should feel disgusted with himself and apologise, but (as hard as it must be to face such criticism) I'd rather not see our players getting into Twitter wars.

Agree any complaint should be done through club although in this case Cairney has maybe felt he is being labelled unfairly.

Onion
17-09-2012, 01:25 PM

Shiels and the Killie Board are just bitter Hun sympathisers so what do you expect ? The still shot of the penalty incident in the Daily Mail today says everything that needs said.

Their keeper was just bitter because his HOWLER was key to them losing the game - and he's just trying to deflect the flak he deserves. Shiels is a loud mouthed no-mark at the helm of a club in decline - ignore him. Would love to play that lot every week :greengrin

staunchhibby
17-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Just watched it on sportscene.No doubts it was a penalty.Killie keeper lucky to stay on the field after the push on cairney

vanNISHtelroy
17-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Just watched it on sportscene.No doubts it was a penalty.Killie keeper lucky to stay on the field after the push on cairney

Don't think he should have been sent off, yellow card was fair.

MB62
17-09-2012, 01:57 PM

He raised his hands and shoved Cairney. I believe that consitutes a straight red.

ballengeich
17-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Kenny Sheils is a clown that likes the sound of his own voice. However much worse in my opinion is what the Killie keeper has come out and said in public, accusing Paul Cairney of being a cheat,
I was raging when I read those comments from their keeper, he wants Cairney thrown out of the game, if newspaper reports are accurate, because he accused Paul of diving.

Calling somebody a cheat is a serious accusation, especially when you ask for the player to be thrown out the game. When it is proved your accusations are wrong then you have to accept the punishment

The Scotsman's quote from the keeper says that "it", meaning diving should be kicked out of the game rather than "he" meaning Cairney personally. That's not quite so bad, but still needs an apology since the tv shows that (as I thought from the East Stand at the time) the defender definitely tripped Cairney.

Which newspaper is more reliable - the Sun or the Scotsman?

Greendub
17-09-2012, 02:22 PM
He raised his hands and shoved Cairney. I believe that consitutes a straight red.

Twice, definitely red.

--------
17-09-2012, 02:23 PM

Twice, I think. Normally a straight red.

Yes, he should have walked. And now he should have an appointment at Hampden to explain his comments as quoted in "The Sun".

As should his boss.

There's a very nasty smell about the antics of Shiels and his players right now. I think this is the third time we've this sort of carry-on after a win over Kilmarnock - Shiels appears to have conceived a real dislike of Hibs and seems unable to act professionally in front of the cameras after games against us.

MB62
17-09-2012, 02:45 PM
The Scotsman's quote from the keeper says that "it", meaning diving should be kicked out of the game rather than "he" meaning Cairney personally. That's not quite so bad, but still needs an apology since the tv shows that (as I thought from the East Stand at the time) the defender definitely tripped Cairney.

Neither is reliable IMO, and the same quote that appeared in the Sun appeared in the Record too.

LeighLoyal
17-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Has the trumpet retracted yet? Pretty clear last night on the replay to the pundits it was a penalty.

Hibee87
17-09-2012, 02:53 PM

:faf: love it, the fact he doesnt name him but call him killie keeper is slap in the face for the killie keeper as doesnt even show to know who he is and the #say sorry part made me laugh :top marks

The_Sauz
17-09-2012, 02:55 PM
I have a bad feeling about this penalty incident! Remember last season when GO got the penalty against St Johnstone, there was an uproar about him diving, even though the review panel agreed with the referee. There on after that, we hardly got any penalty's, even the one we should have had against Dunfermline at East End park, when Go turned the defender in the box, the guy stuck out his leg and brought GO down....stonewall penalty, yet the Ref decided it was a booking for diving:brickwall

Franck Stanton
17-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Here was me thinking that Shiels was the biggist tool at Kilmarnock , seems I am wrong, their keeper is. Mouthpieces the lot of them.

allezsauzee
17-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Did either of those bawsacks draw attention to the free kick we should have had moments before they equalised?

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-09-2012, 03:45 PM
When Shiels started up here, he was quite good copy, but now he is easier to read than David Beckham's spelling book. If he wasnt to know what kind of people are associated with Hibernian, then he only has to ask his son. [ maybe he doesn't want to]. But in all honesty, if you were a manager that had a keeper that made a huge rick rather than catch a corner and had a centre-forward that had time for a shower, shave a haircut before scoring, but instead pat his shants, wouldn't you be deflecting the blame as well?

Hibrandenburg
17-09-2012, 05:46 PM
There was nothing soft about it - as clear a penalty as you will see, and an easy decision for the referee. The only reason it is being talked about is because of Shiels' (and the Killie players') ridiculous reaction.

Opinions eh! If I was the ref I would probably have blown for a penalty too. However the more I watch the replay the more I'm convinced that Cairney was on his way down before contact was made. Fair play to him as his timing was perfect. :devil:

theonlywayisup
17-09-2012, 06:13 PM
8693 stone waller

That should be sent to Kilmarnock FC. Who do they think they are, Rangers?

Kojock
17-09-2012, 06:19 PM

Fenlon has to come out and defend Cairney and demand an apology from Sheils and Letheren especially after the comments in bold.

Letheren was yellow-carded for his protests at the spot-kick award and he demanded off-the-field justice.

He said: “The guy’s dived for the penalty.

“You could tell what I thought from my reaction .

“I was furious, there’s no place for it in the game. The boy knows he’s dived as well. I know it, everyone knows.

“He shouldn’t be in football and he needs to be kicked out as soon as possible.

“I confronted him and gave him a push, he looked back and gave me a little wink. He’s conned the ref, who is only human. He should be punished retrospectively. Why not? It affects results.”

Kojock
17-09-2012, 06:33 PM

Cant see where you get that interpretation from any of the quotes. Letheren should be in front of the beaks for his comments.

Sun Quote

Letheren was yellow-carded for his protests at the spot-kick award and he demanded off-the-field justice.

He said: “The guy’s dived for the penalty.

“You could tell what I thought from my reaction .

“I was furious, there’s no place for it in the game. The boy knows he’s dived as well. I know it, everyone knows.

“He shouldn’t be in football and he needs to be kicked out as soon as possible.

“I confronted him and gave him a push, he looked back and gave me a little wink. He’s conned the ref, who is only human. He should be punished retrospectively. Why not? It affects results.”

Scotsman Quote

Shiels and Killie goalkeeper Kyle Letheren, who was booked for his reaction to the award, both later claimed Cairney should be punished retrospectively if it was proved he had conned the ref.

Letheren said: “Their guy has gone down for the penalty and he’s dived. I was absolutely furious. There’s no place for it in the game. The boy knows he’s dived as well. I know it, he knows it, everyone knows it. I confronted him, I gave him a push. But he knew, he looked back and gave me a little wink.

“He’s conned the referee, who is only human. I don’t see why Cairney shouldn’t be punished retrospectively. If there’s evidence to prove that he’s dived, why not?”

basehibby
17-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Not even close.

I had a great angle in the East and it was as stonewall a penalty as you'll ever get (confirmed by tv without even a shadow of a doubt if your interested) - I was actually gobsmacked when their keeper started acting the erse as there was simply no room for argument from my angle. I've got to assume that it looked very different from the west stand side otherwise the Killie keeper (who is owe Crainey a public apology for his unsporting and unjustified comments BTW) and the skitter moothed erse that is Kenny Sheils (who could spend his whole life apologising cos he talks so much sheight) would not so readily have made complete fannies oot themselves :na na:

basehibby
17-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Opinions eh! If I was the ref I would probably have blown for a penalty too. However the more I watch the replay the more I'm convinced that Cairney was on his way down before contact was made. Fair play to him as his timing was perfect. :devil:

Which would make absolutely no difference even if it was the case - the Killie defender was later than Wallace Mercer, had no chance of getting the ball and was always going to bring Crainey down even if he'd leapt out of the way like a salmon.

Gatecrasher
17-09-2012, 07:16 PM
That should be sent to Kilmarnock FC. Who do they think they are, Rangers?

Well they have the same songs :wink:

Hibby Gav
17-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Had a quick look at the KFC forum and all their fans think is was a penalty and that their keeper is a knob..
just sayin :greengrin

hibee_nation
17-09-2012, 07:39 PM
As a club we are too soft. Pat Fenlon sussed that out right away. Just for once i would like us to risk a trip to Hampden to face the beaks after telling Killie to STFU and next time they come to ER to do their talking on the pitch. Would fire the fans up for their next visit and create an atmosphere for 90 mins not just the last 10 mins like Saturday. :take that:scarf::giruy:

Jim44
17-09-2012, 08:19 PM
As a club we are too soft. Pat Fenlon sussed that out right away. Just for once i would like us to risk a trip to Hampden to face the beaks after telling Killie to STFU and next time they come to ER to do their talking on the pitch. Would fire the fans up for their next visit and create an atmosphere for 90 mins not just the last 10 mins like Saturday. :take that:scarf::giruy:

Firstly I think it was a penalty. The point I would like to make is that football is reaping what it sows. Diving and cheating has become a common but unwelcome feature of the modern game and, following on from there, the reaction of some players and managers has become more aggressive and melodramatic. Even in situations like ours on Saturday where any benefit of doubt had to be given to the attacker, idiots like the Killie keeper and his madcap manager tried to balance the books with thoughtless and OTT remarks and observations. When a player is undisputedly found guilty of cheating he should be taken to the cleaners but, equally, unjustified and inappropriate reactions from players and particularly managers should be severely punished. Shiel's unacceptable response falls into this category.

basehibby
17-09-2012, 08:37 PM
I have a bad feeling about this penalty incident! Remember last season when GO got the penalty against St Johnstone, there was an uproar about him diving, even though the review panel agreed with the referee. There on after that, we hardly got any penalty's, even the one we should have had against Dunfermline at East End park, when Go turned the defender in the box, the guy stuck out his leg and brought GO down....stonewall penalty, yet the Ref decided it was a booking for diving:brickwall

At least this time we don't have some daft old duffer who's supposed to be working for us garrulously dumping us in it live on Sportscene this time round :rolleyes:

Seriously - different penalty, different ballgame - GOC's pen last season was at least worthy of some debate - Cairney's was a stone waller and only Sheils and his goalie have any call to be worried or embarassed in it's aftermath.

shetlandhibee
17-09-2012, 08:56 PM

The BFG can do one.
Except from Thompson

Kris1875
17-09-2012, 09:47 PM
I thought the pen was soft at the game but seeing it again I'd say it was a stick on , and with regards to doyle's offside i was pretty in line with it in the east and he looked level to me and the tv pictures aren't changing my mind . The linesman on our side seemed to hesitate all the time and wait on the ref making the decision even when he was closer . The officials where garbage throughout !!

Eyrie
17-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Watching the TV pictures from behind the goal, it was soft but it was still a penalty.

For me Cairney has realised that the defender is diving in and just delayed slightly to ensure that there is contact, then gone down when he feels the contact rather than trying to stay on his feet and follow the ball. That though is modern football, and it was the defender's fault for lunging at him.

greenginger
17-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Last time Killie were at Easter Road they got a penalty when Claros stuck out a leg and their player went down like there was a sniper in the West Stand.

Sure their player went looking for the penalty, but we all just accepted it as a silly challenge to make even when it cost us a 1 - 0 defeat.

Pity Sheilds and some of his players have such short memories.

Jonnyboy
17-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Never mind Shiels and Letheren, what did the BBC Scotland Sportsound folk have to say? After all it was they who crucified Garry O' Last season and went on about it for weeks after.

ALF TUPPER
18-09-2012, 05:50 AM
I dont like his chin :agree:

--------
18-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Firstly I think it was a penalty. The point I would like to make is that football is reaping what it sows. Diving and cheating has become a common but unwelcome feature of the modern game and, following on from there, the reaction of some players and managers has become more aggressive and melodramatic. Even in situations like ours on Saturday where any benefit of doubt had to be given to the attacker, idiots like the Killie keeper and his madcap manager tried to balance the books with thoughtless and OTT remarks and observations. When a player is undisputedly found guilty of cheating he should be taken to the cleaners but, equally, unjustified and inappropriate reactions from players and particularly managers should be severely punished. Shiel's unacceptable response falls into this category.

I understand that Kenny Shiels has a professional qualification in psychology. I don't think this is just unthinking sour grapes, Jim.

My opinion? He's a cheat. He says himself he had a 'talk' with the ref at half-time on Saturday - for the record, did we get many 50-50 decisions in the second half? He says himself he has 'poor' eyesight and he was 50 yards away from the incident but he just 'knows' it wasn't a penalty and doesn't need to look at a replay to make sure. So he's saying that Cairney's a cheat and the referee is either a fool or a cheat himself - and the SPL/SFA are going to do nothing about it?

Does he have photographs of Regan and Doncaster consorting with goats?

Reality - Hibs won the game fair and square 2-1. It should have been 3-1 - Doyle was just onside when the assistant's flag went up for offside. The goal should have stood. The Kilmarnock goalkeeper could/should have been sent off for his shove on Paul Cairney.

Shiels' version - Hibs were 'given' an own-goal by Letheren - in Shiels' universe that goal's somehow unfair. Replays of the second goal show that a Kilmarnock defender brings Paul Cairney down inside the box with the ball 6 feet away at least - but according to Kenny and Letheren Cairney 'cheats' to win a penalty, and the goalkeeper gets away with raising his hands to the Hibs player (there's one hefty shove, and then further contact).

The Hibs fans are somehow gaining an unfair advantage for their team by cheering them and encouraging them during the game. That's why fixtures are organised home and away, Kenny.

And Kenny himself has a 'talk' with the ref at half-time - what was that all about, and was Pat Fenlon present? Because he should have been.

This guy is a manipulative cheat, a nasty piece of work who needs watching, but given the way the SFA and SPL run our game, he'll get away with it. He seems to have a real chip on his shoulder about Hibs - does this go back to Dean's time at ER?

There seems to be some sort of vendetta here - every time we play Kilmarnock, Shiels has some gripe or another about why Kilmarnock 'should' have won. He's not a sad person, or a fool. He's at it, and he's getting away with it.

weecounty hibby
18-09-2012, 10:49 AM
I understand that Kenny Shiels has a professional qualification in psychology. I don't think this is just unthinking sour grapes, Jim.

My opinion? He's a cheat. He says himself he had a 'talk' with the ref at half-time on Saturday - for the record, did we get many 50-50 decisions in the second half? He says himself he has 'poor' eyesight and he was 50 yards away from the incident but he just 'knows' it wasn't a penalty and doesn't need to look at a replay to make sure. So he's saying that Cairney's a cheat and the referee is either a fool or a cheat himself - and the SPL/SFA are going to do nothing about it?

Does he have photographs of Regan and Doncaster consorting with goats?

Reality - Hibs won the game fair and square 2-1. It should have been 3-1 - Doyle was just onside when the assistant's flag went up for offside. The goal should have stood. The Kilmarnock goalkeeper could/should have been sent off for his shove on Paul Cairney.

Shiels' version - Hibs were 'given' an own-goal by Letheren - somehow in Shiels' universe that goal's somehow unfair. Replays of the second goal show that a Kilmarnock defender brings Paul Cairney down inside the box with the ball 6 feet away at least - but according to Kenny and Letheren Cairney 'cheats' to win a penalty, and the goalkeeper gets away with raising his hands to the Hibs player (there's one hefty shove, and then farther contact).

The Hibs fans are somehow gaining an unfair advantage for their team by cheering them and encouraging them during the game. That's why fixtures are organised home and away, Kenny.

And Kenny himself has a 'talk' with the ref at half-time - what was that all about, and was Pat Fenlon present? Because he should have been.

This guy is a manipulative cheat, a nasty piece of work who needs watching, but given the way the SFA and SPL run our game, he'll get away with it. He seems to have a real chip on his shoulder about Hibs - does this go back to Dean's time at ER?

There seems to be some sort of vendetta here - every time we play Kilmarnock, Shiels has some gripe or another about why Kilmarnock 'should' have won. He's not a sad person, or a fool. He's at it, and he's getting away with it.

Spot on. I have said since he came into Scottish football that he is a total arse. He seems to think that he and he alone tries to play football correctly and that any decision against them is wrong and they only ever get beat when the ref or someone else is at fault. Some of is comments are a disgrace and not just when it's us he is playing. Some of the things he said about Ayr Utd last year were scandalous and showed a real lack of class.
Not sure if its anything to do with his son being at Hibs and maybe he just doesn't like our club. Remember what Dean said about coming from a big Rangers supporting family. Daddy clearly doesn't like the way things have gone for his real team and the way Hibs stood up to them. Total tit of a man who would be well suited to the Huns job when Sally gets his jotters

The_Sauz
18-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Doddie....I don't think he has a problem with Hibs as a Club, If you look back at the Interviews he has done since he came here, he has complemented Hibs for every thing they done with his son and has always said good thing about us in general. I just think he is a bad looser. and we only pick it up after we play them!:agree:

--------
18-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Doddie....I don't think he has a problem with Hibs as a Club, If you look back at the Interviews he has done since he came here, he has complemented Hibs for every thing they done with his son and has always said good thing about us in general. I just think he is a bad looser. and we only pick it up after we play them!:agree:

Maybe you're right. I probably don't notice when he goes off about other teams. :agree:

Oddly, while I don't agree with him about Levein - Potter must go, and soon - IMO he's absolutely right about the 'granny' rule.

H1B33 1875
18-09-2012, 02:58 PM
What a bitter bitter little man, he can never take defeat!! Stonewall penalty! Hibs crowd swayying decisions??? dont think so, everything went Killies way!! I hate listening to his interviews, dunno what mugs responsible for inviting him onto Sportscene.

MB62
19-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Still no word on the Killie keeper getting pulled up by the SFA for his comments. It will be an absolute disgrace if he gets away with this. If he had accussed the ref of cheating he would have been carpeted immediately but it seems it's ok to label a player a cheat (wrongly) and n othing happens.

Did he ever apologise to Paul on twitter?

Hibs should demand an apology at the very least, if the SFA do nothing, or can players now just call anybody they want a cheat and get away with it.

ronaldo7
19-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Still waiting for Bletherin posting an apology to Cairney.

Maybe he thinks it will just blow over...Something like Sparky's corner eh.

HibbyAndy
19-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Still no word on the Killie keeper getting pulled up by the SFA for his comments. It will be an absolute disgrace if he gets away with this. If he had accussed the ref of cheating he would have been carpeted immediately but it seems it's ok to label a player a cheat (wrongly) and n othing happens.

Did he ever apologise to Paul on twitter?

Hibs should demand an apology at the very least, if the SFA do nothing, or can players now just call anybody they want a cheat and get away with it.

Million % agreed.

Get this ersehole up before the authority's and made to explain his actions, The fact it was a 100% penalty just makes him look more of a twat than he actually is.

I'll be following this case closely.

Dibben
19-09-2012, 02:17 PM
There would be alot more respect for these gobsh***s if they admitted publicly when they were in the wrong and apologised!!!

MB62
19-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Million % agreed.

Get this ersehole up before the authority's and made to explain his actions, The fact it was a 100% penalty just makes him look more of a twat than he actually is.

I'll be following this case closely.

I have just e-mailed the SFA about this asking if they intend to investigate this outburst by the Killie goalie. I know it will be ignored but it helps my rage at the man :greengrin

HibbyAndy
19-09-2012, 04:06 PM
I have just e-mailed the SFA about this asking if they intend to investigate this outburst by the Killie goalie. I know it will be ignored but it helps my rage at the man :greengrin

Gid yin Mike :greengrin

Wheat Hound
20-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Can anyone more clever than me post a daily record link to Kenny Shiels column. Read it in a garage waiting area......just when you thought he couldn't get more ludicrous!!!

JJP
20-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Can anyone more clever than me post a daily record link to Kenny Shiels column. Read it in a garage waiting area......just when you thought he couldn't get more ludicrous!!!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/paul-is-no-diver-he-just-kicks-1333299

MB62
20-09-2012, 09:49 AM

Still adamant that it was not a penalty, rs.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/paul-is-no-diver-he-just-kicks-1333299

Peevemor
20-09-2012, 09:57 AM

Something has to be done about this - he's still effectively that saying Cairney cheated. How can he say that Cairney (who was running in a straight line) deliberately ran into the defender's leg? The defender slid in late, nowhere near the ball, and caught Cairney's legs - end of story.

Also, since when did not having a shot when in the penalty box go against the ethics of the game? Hitting the byeline and cutting the ball back or across goal is also common practice as far as I'm aware.

Saorsa
20-09-2012, 09:58 AM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/paul-is-no-diver-he-just-kicks-1333299I havenae clicked the link and I winnae but if he's still maintaining that wisnae a penalty efter he's watched the replays then he's a bigger ****in' clown than I ever gave him credit for.

Edit: and I think it's time Hibs done something about him and his keeper and their comments.

Westie1875
20-09-2012, 10:14 AM
If we are trying not to be a soft touch anymore why is no-one at Hibs publicly sticking up for Cairney?

leither17
20-09-2012, 10:16 AM
If we are trying not to be a soft touch anymore why is no-one at Hibs publicly sticking up for Cairney?

Get Cairney out in the press conference today for his side of the story

Stevie Reid
20-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Shiels is a total ******** - what he describes IS commonplace these days but the replay clearly shows that that is not what happened here.

Action required by both the SPL and Hibs - absolutely ludicrous that a manager can write such accusations in a national newspaper (term used lightly).

The_Sauz
20-09-2012, 10:30 AM
How convenient of the Servco Fanzine to crop the picture, so you can't see the players feet and how far the ball is from the defender!
As a former defender, I was always told, when you go in for a tackle.....keep you're eyes on the ball ! Looking at both pictures (here and in the rag), the defender is looking at the player and has no intention of winning the ball.
Maybe if I had KS coaching badges, I would see something different!

The_Sauz
20-09-2012, 10:36 AM

Hibernian FC don't do mouthing off to the media :agree:
Petrie was asked about this a while back in an interview, and he clearly stated that "We go through the proper channels" when dealing with complaints!

calumb
20-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Hibernian FC don't do mouthing off to the media :agree:
Petrie was asked about this a while back in an interview, and he clearly stated that "We go through the proper channels" when dealing with complaints!

Aye but maybe now is the time to start.

We have been a soft touch on and off the park for years, finally it looks like this is being sorted on the park so now is the time for the
Hibs management to step up to the plate and defend its players publicly. The management need to fight back against clowns like
Shiels who think they have a free reign to take pots shots at the club.

Shiels can back track and give a whole load of technical reasons as to why he thinks it was not a penalty, but when he was spouting off
right after the match he had not even seen the incident again so how could he tell what Cairney was doing with his legs.

Hibs management should be demanding action is taken against this clown and also demanding something is done about the goalie spouting off after the match while questioning why the ref did nothing about his near assault on Cairney and why the ref missed the handball in the lead up to the killie goal.

If we want to have bottle its time we started showing it from the top down.

Gatecrasher
20-09-2012, 11:14 AM
what an arse :rolleyes:

The_Horde
20-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Shiels is an absolute welt.

God knows how his laddy is such a gent when he had him to look up to.

JimBHibees
20-09-2012, 11:50 AM
How convenient of the Servco Fanzine to crop the picture, so you can't see the players feet and how far the ball is from the defender!
As a former defender, I was always told, when you go in for a tackle.....keep you're eyes on the ball ! Looking at both pictures (here and in the rag), the defender is looking at the player and has no intention of winning the ball.

Yep they have deliberately not shown the legs as that shows the clear contact.

Not altogether enjoying the title of "Paul isnt a diver because he kicks with the other foot" either. :rolleyes:

Shiels case appears to be Paul winked at the goalie, so it must have been a dive. Clown.

What an absolute rag of a paper. What has Scotland done to deserve the worst sports media on the planet.

JimBHibees
20-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Get Cairney out in the press conference today for his side of the story

Would be the wrong thing to do IMO however PF should be making it crystal clear before Saturday that he isnt impressed one iota by this. Last years GOC pen controversy meant every other ref gave him nothing including some (namely Thomson) booking him when he had been clearly fouled.

Hibs Class
20-09-2012, 11:59 AM

The paper edition does show the full picture and it's easy to see that Cairney was scythed down.

I think that what would have happened if Cairney's legs hadn't been cynically taken away from him is he would have ridden the tackle, noticed that O'Leary was flat out on the ground and thus he would have had time to keep the ball under control, drag it back onto his right and drill it into the postage stamp. On that basis O'Leary was lucky to not see red for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Makaveli
20-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Aye but maybe now is the time to start.

We have been a soft touch on and off the park for years, finally it looks like this is being sorted on the park so now is the time for the
Hibs management to step up to the plate and defend its players publicly. The management need to fight back against clowns like
Shiels who think they have a free reign to take pots shots at the club.

Shiels can back track and give a whole load of technical reasons as to why he thinks it was not a penalty, but when he was spouting off
right after the match he had not even seen the incident again so how could he tell what Cairney was doing with his legs.

Hibs management should be demanding action is taken against this clown and also demanding something is done about the goalie spouting off after the match while questioning why the ref did nothing about his near assault on Cairney and why the ref missed the handball in the lead up to the killie goal.

If we want to have bottle its time we started showing it from the top down.

It's not a case of complaining through the proper channels because Shiels and the keeper haven't gone through the proper channels.

It's a case of someone, ideally Fenlon, coming forward and saying we stand 100% behind Cairney, he was fouled and Killie are out of order.

It's an attack on Cairney's character and as someone said, things like this are likely to make refs reluctant to give him anything in the future (see the shameful treatment of O'Connor and Griffiths last season).

Golden Bear
20-09-2012, 01:22 PM
In this case a discreet public silence by the Club could be the best option but at the same time the Club should consider writing to Kilmarnock and express their disappointment with the post match comments made by Shiels.

As a certain English poet used to say "The lady doth protest too much methinks" - I wouldn't at all be surprised if certain pundits in the media adopted this attitude if Hibs issued a public statement on last weeks events.

Wheat Hound
20-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Club statement now on official website :-)

MB62
20-09-2012, 01:27 PM

It's not a case of complaining through the proper channels because Shiels and the keeper haven't gone through the proper channels.

It's a case of someone, ideally Fenlon, coming forward and saying we stand 100% behind Cairney, he was fouled and Killie are out of order.

It's an attack on Cairney's character and as someone said, things like this are likely to make refs reluctant to give him anything in the future (see the shameful treatment of O'Connor and Griffiths last season).

I am very disappointed in the club that they have not released a statement in defence of Paul. In fact if I was Paul, I would be demanding they do back him up publicly in this situation.

C'Mon Petrie, get it sorted. :furious:

Moulin Yarns
20-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Club statement now on official website :-)

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120920/club-statement_2262950_2924540

Saorsa
20-09-2012, 01:28 PM
In this case a discreet public silence by the Club could be the best option but at the same time the Club should consider writing to Kilmarnock and express their disappointment with the post match comments made by Shiels.

As a certain English poet used to say "The lady doth protest too much methinks" - I wouldn't at all be surprised if certain pundits in the media adopted this attitude if Hibs issued a public statement on last weeks events.Writing tae a tool like Johnstone will dae a lot of good right enough. It's perfectly clear from the photographic and video evidence that it was a stone wall penalty and IMO it's high time the club, the manager and the player were speaking out and demanding an apology from these tools. It's absolutely ridiculous that he can still come out with guff like that despite all the evidence pointing tae the contrary. Sheils is a complete and utter roaster and he and his keeper should be brought in tae line for their actions.

Stevie Reid
20-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Excellent statement :thumbsup:

Hibernian FC have reacted to comments attributed to Kilmarnock manager Kenny Shiels in his column in a national newspaper today, and following on from comments made by him and his goalkeeper Kyle Letheren immediately after the Hibernian v Kilmarnock match at Easter Road at the weekend.

Following the award of a penalty to Hibernian FC when midfielder Paul Cairney was brought down by Kilmarnock defender Ryan O'Leary, Mr Shiels claimed that the penalty should not have been awarded, that there had been no contact, and then claimed that Cairney had run into the Kilmarnock player looking for a penalty. Kyle Letheren said that Cairney had been guilty of simulation and should be suspended.

A Hibernian FC spokesman said: "It is disappointing to note the comments attributed to the Kilmarnock manager and goalkeeper. It is particularly disappointing that Mr Shiels chooses to use his national newspaper column to further imply cheating by a Hibernian player when the video and photographic evidence is absolutely clear and demonstrates that the referee made the correct decision.

"The incident has been fully exposed by the television coverage. Everyone connected with Kilmarnock FC should be embarrassed that their Manager continues to draw attention to the fundamental flaws in his observation of what happened."

Saorsa
20-09-2012, 01:32 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120920/club-statement_2262950_2924540I actually contacted Hibs on this particular subject tae see if they were going tae dae anything about it. It's a good statement but it should be going further than the official Hibs site. These idiots have been extremely public with their lies and accusations, it's time this club started defending itself equally so.

Northernhibee
20-09-2012, 01:36 PM

Hibernian FC have reacted to comments attributed to Kilmarnock manager Kenny Shiels in his column in a national newspaper today, and following on from comments made by him and his goalkeeper Kyle Letheren immediately after the Hibernian v Kilmarnock match at Easter Road at the weekend.

Following the award of a penalty to Hibernian FC when midfielder Paul Cairney was brought down by Kilmarnock defender Ryan O'Leary, Mr Shiels claimed that the penalty should not have been awarded, that there had been no contact, and then claimed that Cairney had run into the Kilmarnock player looking for a penalty. Kyle Letheren said that Cairney had been guilty of simulation and should be suspended.

A Hibernian FC spokesman said: "It is disappointing to note the comments attributed to the Kilmarnock manager and goalkeeper. It is particularly disappointing that Mr Shiels chooses to use his national newspaper column to further imply cheating by a Hibernian player when the video and photographic evidence is absolutely clear and demonstrates that the referee made the correct decision.

"The incident has been fully exposed by the television coverage. Everyone connected with Kilmarnock FC should be embarrassed that their Manager continues to draw attention to the fundamental flaws in his observation of what happened."

GIRFUY Shielsey boy!

GreenCastle
20-09-2012, 01:39 PM
"Everyone connected with Kilmarnock FC should be embarrassed that their Manager continues to draw attention to the fundamental flaws in his observation of what happened."

:greengrin:fenlon:jmcp::giruy::casper:

Treadstone
20-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Never been worried by anything Shiels has said just put it down to him sticking up/by his team . However to allay himself to this point of view in the face of TV and photographic evidence five days later beggars belief . The man has a problem of the mental variety .
Keep licking the ice cream Kenny .

JimBHibees
20-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Good statement what was required now move on.

Hibiza
20-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Killie defender Ryan O'leary bad mouthig crainey. get him on a pestwick flight (namesake and local) one way to anywhere.:bye:

MB62
20-09-2012, 02:02 PM

It's a start, a bit wishy washy for me, but at least they have come out and made some sort of defence of Paul and our club.

Now it's up to the SFA to carpet both manager and keeper for their comments, I won't hold my breath on that one happening.

Golden Bear
20-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Good statement what was required now move on.

It is a good statement and I hope the Beeb pundits and the media in general see it that way but I can't unfortunately.

It's publicity we could well do without but at the same time I can see the need for the Club to defend itself against the ridiculous post match comments made by Shiels and his team of cry babies.

I'm already looking forward to the next time Killie visit ER and if Craig Thomson happens to be the Referee then I'll really have a field day!

Stevie Reid
20-09-2012, 02:13 PM
It's a start, a bit wishy washy for me, but at least they have come out and made some sort of defence of Paul and our club.

Now it's up to the SFA to carpet both manager and keeper for their comments, I won't hold my breath on that one happening.

Wishy washy?!

"Everyone connected with Kilmarnock FC should be embarrassed that their Manager continues to draw attention to the fundamental flaws in his observation of what happened."

machibby
20-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Well done Hibs, put it perfectly the man is an embarrassment. Luckily the footage is there for all to see and that not only is KS an embarrassment, but deluded too.

Hibee87
20-09-2012, 02:35 PM
haha love it. Hibs have needed a new rivalry since the dimise of der hun and soon to be homofc killi look like they could step up to the plate :fenlon

LancashireHibby
20-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Great statement by the club, and even more so the choice of picture to accompany it on the website! Well done HFC :thumbsup::agree:

Golden Bear
20-09-2012, 02:48 PM
So now we know.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/191119-hibernian-hit-back-at-kenny-shiels-over-killie-boss-penalty-remarks/

An unbelievable rant from Shiels. The man is clearly off his rocker.

MB62
20-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Wishy washy?!

Aye ok, it probably is well worded without being too brutal.

The club has made a statement and well done to them for that. It's the SFA that should now be stepping in and carpeting these two clowns for what they said.

Stevie Reid
20-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Aye ok, it probably is well worded without being too brutal.

The club has made a statement and well done to them for that. It's the SFA that should now be stepping in and caroeting these two clowns for what they said.

Agreed.

Stevie Reid
20-09-2012, 02:51 PM
I think the statement is different class - it is withering and dismissive, and not in any way on the defensive (whilst standing up for Cairney).

smack
20-09-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm happy we got the penalty but if you take the green blinkers off cairney dived before contact was made

Hibee87
20-09-2012, 03:06 PM
:faf::faf: this is right up there with mad vlads rants. Basically what shiels is saying is a player shouldnt be aloued to use his weak foot or cut onto his week foot in the box as its trying to gain an advantage despite cairney playing left mid most of the game hes not allowed to cut it onto his left foot :confused:

Hibernian have criticised Kilmarnock boss Kenny Shiels for repeating his claim that Paul Cairney dived to win a penalty when the two sides met last weekend.
Shiels was insistent after the game that the Hibs midfielder had played for the spot kick when he went down under a challenge from Ryan O'Leary.
The manager then used his column in a national newspaper on Thursday to state Cairney had tried to "gain an advantage" by cutting onto his weaker foot, provoking the response from the Edinburgh side.
"It is disappointing to note the comments attributed to the Kilmarnock manager and goalkeeper," a club statement from Hibs read.
"It is particularly disappointing that Mr Shiels chooses to use his national newspaper column to further imply cheating by a Hibernian player when the video and photographic evidence is absolutely clear and demonstrates that the referee made the correct decision.
"The incident has been fully exposed by the television coverage. Everyone connected with Kilmarnock FC should be embarrassed that their manager continues to draw attention to the fundamental flaws in his observation of what happened."
In his remarks on Thursday, Shiels told the Daily Record that Cairney had gone against the "good ethics of the game" by creating a situation where he "didn't make an attempt to shoot".
"I maintain it wasn't a penalty and the fact Paul winked at our keeper tells its own story.
"What Paul did was try to gain an advantage. It's important to highlight what happened at Easter Road and I believe referees can be helped by knowing which foot a player kicks with.
"If that player cuts inside and he's going on to his non-preferred side and doesn't have a chance to score, sometimes you see them making a movement towards a defender's trailing leg.
"Rather than having an attempt at goal with his weak leg, he'll move his leg towards the defender and that's what happened on Saturday with Cairney and our defender Ryan O'Leary.
"It was a replica of the League Cup final when Anthony Stokes was through against us in the last minute. He was on his weak side but didn't have the confidence to get a shot off.
"He didn't make an attempt to shoot, which is against the good ethics of the game.
"He was going away from goal and decided to go over, just like Paul Cairney on Saturday.
"If it had been Leigh Griffiths going on to his left side I would have said to O'Leary he was right to go to ground. But against Cairney it was a mistake as he gave the Hibs kid a leg to fall over."

copycat
20-09-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm happy we got the penalty but if you take the green blinkers off cairney dived before contact was made

Oh dear, kinda missed the entire point SMACK!!

Stevie Reid

Complete p!sh.

Hibs Class

I took my blinkers off and put my neutral head on and decided that Cairney did not dive. He may have gone down easily when the opportunity presented itself, but he didn't dive. Even Shiels has said that he isn't calling him a diver.

Golden Bear
20-09-2012, 03:12 PM
I think that the recent goal Paul Cairney scored against Celtic was with his left foot and from roughly the same area in the penalty box. Maybe Shiels missed that one or conveniently chose to ignore it.

hibsbollah
20-09-2012, 03:14 PM

'wishy washy'? :dunno: Its saying Shiels is embarassing himself. Youre not going to get stronger than that from any clubs press release. What do you want, Petrie to ask the Killie chairman outside for square goes?

Hibee87
20-09-2012, 03:18 PM
'wishy washy'? :dunno: Its saying Shiels is embarassing himself. Youre not going to get stronger than that from any clubs press release. What do you want, Petrie to ask the Killie chairman outside for square goes?

now that is a way to make some income at half time. My money is on rob the terrifying tash petrie

matty_f
20-09-2012, 03:20 PM

:faf: Aye, ok then.

Big_Franck
20-09-2012, 03:20 PM
I think the statement is different class - it is withering and dismissive, and not in any way on the defensive (whilst standing up for Cairney).

Agree 100%. It´s about time Hibs started making statements like this when necessary. I do not want us to start putting out the nonsense that Hearts do, and I am glad we have a manager who doesnt act the arse in the press like Shiels.

But at the same time I don´t think this "going through the proper channels" attitude has done us any good at all. I believe Hibs had expressed their concerns to the SFA over some of Thompsons decisions when refereeing us, and they then put the cant in charge for the final. After his decisions in the final, Hibs again stress that they are defending the club´s best interests but "through the proper channels". What happens next? The SFA put the cheat in charge of our first game of the season, a proper GRFUY.

Delighted with the statement and that we no longer seem to be pushovers, on or off the pitch. :flag:

matty_f
20-09-2012, 03:21 PM
And another thing...

there was a clear dive by a Killie player, acknowledged by Shiels himself, so can we expect to see him suspended for it?

Hibs TV will likely have the footage of it (?), so get it sent to the SPL/SFA (whoever deals with it...) pronto.

Scouse Hibee
20-09-2012, 03:22 PM

Not so much dived, I prefer to say he played for the penalty which he did.

hibsbollah
20-09-2012, 03:23 PM
now that is a way to make some income at half time. My money is on rob the terrifying tash petrie

:agree: Ghosts stay up late at night telling scary Rod Petrie stories.

After Rod kicks fifteen shades of ****** out of Michael Johnston, he can nick their pie recipe and we can bin our disgusting ER pies. Everyones a winner :aok:

Saorsa
20-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Complete p!sh.:agree:

So now we know.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/191119-hibernian-hit-back-at-kenny-shiels-over-killie-boss-penalty-remarks/

An unbelievable rant from Shiels. The man is clearly off his rocker.A complete tool

JimBHibees
20-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Interesting that Shiels has changed his initial story from there being no contact to he deliberately ran into O'Leary which is a complete nonsense.

"There was no contact. I don't have to see replays. We know it wasn't a penalty."

His ramble about preferred feet is another smokescreen. He is making it up as he goes along.

The_Sauz
20-09-2012, 03:40 PM
I think you have been watching Steven Gerrard too much :na na:

Scouse Hibee
20-09-2012, 03:46 PM
I think you have been watching Steven Gerrard too much :na na:

Cairney could teach him a thing or two :greengrin

Wheat Hound
20-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Shiels is a fool but one who I do not pity.

jamieross
20-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Well done to the club for defending Cairney, Shiels is a disgrace the way he's went on about this. Its not the first time either, all he does is try shift the blame from his inability to manage. Ignorant twat who likes the sound of his own voice.
:fenlon

Just Alf
20-09-2012, 03:55 PM
:faf::faf: this is right up there with mad vlads rants. Basically what shiels is saying is a player shouldnt be aloued to use his weak foot or cut onto his week foot in the box as its trying to gain an advantage despite cairney playing left mid most of the game hes not allowed to cut it onto his left foot

It's like he's playing mind games with the refs to get an advantage ( however small) in future games....... It's almost like he's trained for it......... Oh wait...

500miles
20-09-2012, 03:56 PM

I don't get this "play for the penalty" idea. Unless you intend on handing over possession, any attempt to go past the player is meant to come out with the ball, or win the free kick. The only player that can make any foul related decision is the defender, who could take a step back, or make an illegal challange.

Hibtastic
20-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Add to that Fenlon's comments here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19664169
Fair play Hibs. :thumbsup:

Golden Bear
20-09-2012, 04:08 PM
It's been on Radio Scotland that Pat Fenlon will be interviewed just after 5.30 tonight and he'll be giving his views on Shielsgate.

Billy Whizz
20-09-2012, 04:10 PM
I think Rod's enjoying his new role as acting Chief Executive!

Scott Allan Key
20-09-2012, 04:23 PM

Is there not the case for Kyle Letheren to receive a caution for calling for the suspension of Cairney publicly, in addition to his booking on Saturday, would he not be up for suspension himself? I don't understand the disciplinary procedures. Can anyone cast light on this?

cam75
20-09-2012, 04:32 PM
As it says on BBC Scotland!

Pretty Boy
20-09-2012, 04:35 PM
I like the new 'you don't **** with Hibs' attitude.

Nothing out of order but a strong statement making it clear we won't tolerate people talking rubbish about our players.

Well done Hibs.

Piqué
20-09-2012, 04:35 PM

jane_says
20-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Good to see Hibs supporting the player on this one. Shiels is a bitter old fool and like is said Shiels and Kilmarnock should be embarrased.

SRHibs
20-09-2012, 04:41 PM
I particularly like this part:

"The incident has been fully exposed by the television coverage. Everyone connected with Kilmarnock FC should be embarrassed that their Manager continues to draw attention to the fundamental flaws in his observation of what happened.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Awwwww nut, I'm falling madly in love with Hibs all over again. Great response by HFC.

.Sean.
20-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Good. Nice to see the club grow a backbone and stand up to diddies like Kilmarnock. Long overdue as we've been seen as soft touch for far, far too long.

Get that right up ye Shiels, ya bitter little fud.

Sir David Gray
20-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Is there not the case for Kyle Letheren to receive a caution for calling for the suspension of Cairney publicly, in addition to his booking on Saturday, would he not be up for suspension himself? I don't understand the disciplinary procedures. Can anyone cast light on this?

If he was charged for his comments, it would be a disrepute charge which would probably carry an automatic ban and would be completely different from the incident which saw him booked last week.

forthhibby
20-09-2012, 04:52 PM
cracking statement

Golden Bear
20-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Pat was interviewed on Radio Scotland and didn't name Shiels directly.

He did however say that Managers' often come out with things in the heat of the moment following a game, but after a period of reflection, they shouldn't continue to dig a hole for themselves.

We all know exactly what you mean Pat.

:thumbsup:

Chuck Rhoades
20-09-2012, 05:01 PM
I have no doubt that Pat himself was heavily involved with getting this statement issued.

All part of him changing the 'softness' at Hibs.

Well in.

ronaldo7
20-09-2012, 05:02 PM
That's the gemme Hibees. Gerritaethum:aok:

Scott Allan Key
20-09-2012, 05:28 PM
If he was charged for his comments, it would be a disrepute charge which would probably carry an automatic ban and would be completely different from the incident which saw him booked last week.

Thanks for clarifying.

hhibs
20-09-2012, 06:13 PM
The coverage of this on Radio Scotland was a disgrace.
Completely ignored the FACT that our man was fouled and it was a clear penalty and that Sheils was wrong then and in all his comments since.
The entire item was turned into a discussion on the subject raised by Sheils to deflect from the gross mistake and his follow up remarks......dreadful.
It appears the BBC team are only to happy to keep giving this clown the oxygen of more publicity....or is it something more ?

Feeling mad,madder than a mad thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaveF
20-09-2012, 06:36 PM
The coverage of this on Radio Scotland was a disgrace.
Completely ignored the FACT that our man was fouled and it was a clear penalty and that Sheils was wrong then and in all his comments since.
The entire item was turned into a discussion on the subject raised by Sheils to deflect from the gross mistake and his follow up remarks......dreadful.
It appears the BBC team are only to happy to keep giving this clown the oxygen of more publicity....or is it something more ?

Feeling mad,madder than a mad thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I assume Traynor was among the panel? If so, what you isn't in any way surprising given he (Traynor) and Shiels write for the same rag.

Gatecrasher
20-09-2012, 06:44 PM
The mad thing about all this is its a 100% stonewall penalty, there is no question yet it has come to this. The SFA or SPL or who ever runs the game should have stepped in by now, its pathetic!

Bishop Hibee
20-09-2012, 06:54 PM
The mad thing about all this is its a 100% stonewall penalty, there is no question yet it has come to this. The SFA or SPL or who ever runs the game should have stepped in by now, its pathetic!

The Shiels love in presented by BBC Scotland. Great response by Hibs to this rubbish :agree:

Seveno
20-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Looks like Pat has even managed to get the Board to grow a pair. No-one messes with the Hibees.

Bishop Hibee
20-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Shiels still refusing to accept he is in the wrong apparently http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19664169

Enough is enough and this buffoon should be brought to book by the beaks. They's be quick enough if it was anyone connected to Hibs.

Spike Mandela
20-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Shiels still refusing to accept he is in the wrong apparently http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19664169

Enough is enough and this buffoon should be brought to book by the beaks. They's be quick enough if it was anyone connected to Hibs.

I would have more respect for the likes of Shiels and all the other moaning style of managers (hibs one's included) if they complained when their own team benefits from what they consider a wrong decision. Instead we get sudden blindness or the usual "these things even themselves out over the season" quotes.

lucky
20-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Great response from Hibs. It shows our club is no longer a soft touch on and off the pitch

brythehibby
20-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Shiels will never back down - the club are right, they should be embarassed but for us lets move on. If i was a killie fan id rather shiels was working on getting 3 points at the weekend than dwelling on something he got wrong nearly a week ago.

matty_f
20-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Is it the SFA or the SPL that would deal with a complaint about this?

Sir David Gray
20-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Is it the SFA or the SPL that would deal with a complaint about this?

A matter relating to disrepute issues would be dealt with by the SFA I would have thought.

matty_f
20-09-2012, 10:24 PM
A matter relating to disrepute issues would be dealt with by the SFA I would have thought.

I'll email them both just to make sure. :greengrin

Jim44
20-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Shiels is a thick trouble-maker. Somebody pointed out that he had a psychology degree ........ big deal. He might be able in the academic sense but in terms of common sense, human behaviour and decency he is as thick as pig*****.

Pete
21-09-2012, 03:00 AM
Commentary: "He may have gone down early but there was contact". Well that's OK then!

I love Hibs and I am glad we won but the game is ****ed the day we say to a man that he done nothing "wrong" there.

His knees collapsed before he was touched! I prefer people to stay on their feet until they are actually brought down. That way if there's any intent it will be clear.

Shiels should look at the rest of British football and he'll see incidents worse than that in every league and I think he's only making an issue of this because it went against his team. I don't think we'd hear anything about it if the roles were reversed and we'd all accept the decision. Why doesn't he pipe up every time he sees something like this happen?

However, I've seen football change so much since the early 1980's in sporting terms and it's not for the better. This is an Olympic year and people have had their eyes opened.

Hibrandenburg
21-09-2012, 05:16 AM

In your opinion!

Gatecrasher
21-09-2012, 05:52 AM
In your opinion!
No, it was a penalty, just look at the footage and pictures.

Geo_1875
21-09-2012, 06:39 AM
Shiels has now said how hard it is to tell the truth. Jim Traynor has agreed with him. They should maybe just try a bit harder.

Saorsa
21-09-2012, 06:49 AM
Shiels has now said how hard it is to tell the truth. Jim Traynor has agreed with him. They should maybe just try a bit harder.He must ken because everytime he opens his gob oot comes a pile of bull**** and lies tae cover up his own failings as a manager. An absolute tool

matty_f
21-09-2012, 06:57 AM
I don't think Cairney was on his way down at all, he was going after the ball. But for the keeper and Shiels' reaction it wouldn't be being discussed.

Saorsa
21-09-2012, 06:58 AM
I don't think Cairney was on his way down at all, he was going after the ball. But for the keeper and Shiels' reaction it wouldn't be being discussed.:agree:

Craigyno1
21-09-2012, 07:01 AM
Commentary: "He may have gone down early but there was contact". Well that's OK then!

I love Hibs and I am glad we won but the game is ****ed the day we say to a man that he done nothing "wrong" there.

His knees collapsed before he was touched! I prefer people to stay on their feet until they are actually brought down. That way if there's any intent it will be clear.

Shiels should look at the rest of British football and he'll see incidents worse than that in every league and I think he's only making an issue of this because it went against his team. I don't think we'd hear anything about it if the roles were reversed and we'd all accept the decision. Why doesn't he pipe up every time he sees something like this happen?

However, I've seen football change so much since the early 1980's in sporting terms and it's not for the better. This is an Olympic year and people have had their eyes opened.

Agree with all of this. I was in the West (North) Upper so couldnt see it in any detail at all. There is worse incidents throughout British football - Steven Gerrard has been a master at falling into defenders legs - and I have been saying that if a Hearts player had done this in a derby, there would be uproar on here calling him a cheat. Yes, it was a penalty, but if anyone on here had been the Killie goalie, you would probably have reacted the same way.

Hibrandenburg
21-09-2012, 07:04 AM
No, it was a penalty, just look at the footage and pictures.

Yes in your opinion. I've looked at the footage several times and as I've previously mentioned on this thread, I'm of the opinion that Cairney was looking for the contact and was on his way to the floor a fraction of a second before contact was made. But that's just my opinion which is no more or less valid than yours.

Danderhall Hibs
21-09-2012, 07:07 AM
Yes in your opinion. I've looked at the footage several times and as I've previously mentioned on this thread, I'm of the opinion that Cairney was looking for the contact and was on his way to the floor a fraction of a second before contact was made. But that's just my opinion which is no more or less valid than yours.

That's his running style. He looks like he's going to fall over most of the time - when someone trips him up it's inevitable that he'll fall over.

Hibrandenburg
21-09-2012, 07:11 AM
That's his running style. He looks like he's going to fall over most of the time - when someone trips him up it's inevitable that he'll fall over.

Only one person will know for sure. Unfortunately it's a part of the modern game, but seeing as it is I'd like my team to be better at it than others.