PDA

View Full Version : Recent Form

Hibeesmad
17-09-2012, 02:35 AM
We have been unbeaten in the spl since the first game against a really good Dundee utd team away. Our next 3 fixtures are Inverness at home, Aberdeen away and Dundee at home. I personally think we can get 7 points from that what about you lot?

BT58
17-09-2012, 03:45 AM
Lets just take one game at a time,,,this time last tern when we where meant to beat the so called lesser
we would either draw or get beat,,however this new team has a steel about it
we need others chipping in the goals tho
Bt

Bristolhibby
17-09-2012, 06:40 AM
9 points please.

That should always be our target.

J

patch1875
17-09-2012, 07:25 AM
9 points please.

That should always be our target.

J

i think we can get 8:wink:

Pretty Boy
17-09-2012, 07:47 AM
One game at a time is the oldest cliche in football for a reason.

Yes, realistically there is no reason why we can't take 7 or even 9 points from those games. However every one of those teams will fancy their chances of getting something of us as well.

The league thus far has seen teams take points of each other and we need to keep on our toes, I think Hibs can take a few points from these games, I'm not sure I yet expect it.

Jones28
17-09-2012, 08:05 AM
I think some teams will look at the last few results we've had and could think we're riding our luck a wee bit. No doubt we are on a real hot streak at the moment and long may it continue, but we're not exactly dominating teams are we? I think once that starts to happen i'll be getting really excited about it but for now we should take it one game at a time

Jack
17-09-2012, 08:12 AM
I'm excited.

We've worked bloody hard as a team to get that luck and I'll be happy if we keep on being a hard working lucky team.

I don't think other teams will be thinking we're lucky. IMO they'll be thinking we're a new Hibs and will be a tad concerned.

Jones28
17-09-2012, 08:13 AM
I'm excited.

We've worked bloody hard as a team to get that luck and I'll be happy if we keep on being a hard working lucky team.

I don't think other teams will be thinking we're lucky. IMO they'll be thinking we're a new Hibs and will be a tad concerned.

I hope youre right! :agree:

Bill Milne
17-09-2012, 08:15 AM
We have made a good start and other teams will now be that bit more defensive at ER as a consequence. ICT & Dundee are shaping up as the main relegation candidates and, for games against them, we will have to add an extra degree of patience.

Stevie Reid
17-09-2012, 09:15 AM
I think some teams will look at the last few results we've had and could think we're riding our luck a wee bit. No doubt we are on a real hot streak at the moment and long may it continue, but we're not exactly dominating teams are we? I think once that starts to happen i'll be getting really excited about it but for now we should take it one game at a time

What right have we got to be dominating teams, especially as every single one of them finished above us last season? And how may games in the SPL have one team dominating another for 90 minutes, even Celtic can't do that at the moment? There are little signs that we are perhaps getting the breaks that we certainly didn't get last season, but you have to take them when they come your way. The way we have won the games, looking dangerous going forward and prepared to put our bodies on the line to protect the points, has been hugely satisfying.

We are a work in progress, nothing wrong with enjoying good results when they come along.

superfurryhibby
17-09-2012, 11:10 AM
What right have we got to be dominating teams, especially as every single one of them finished above us last season? And how may games in the SPL have one team dominating another for 90 minutes, even Celtic can't do that at the moment? There are little signs that we are perhaps getting the breaks that we certainly didn't get last season, but you have to take them when they come your way. The way we have won the games, looking dangerous going forward and prepared to put our bodies on the line to protect the points, has been hugely satisfying.

We are a work in progress, nothing wrong with enjoying good results when they come along.

I think there has been a lot of positives thus far. We are working hard and have a resilient look about us. As you say, work in progress. I do think we have ridden our luck a bit and the St Johnstone and Killie games could easilly have gone the other way. If we can add a wee bit of width and get the central midfielders to be a bit more of a goal threat then we should have a good season.

It would be good to remain unbeaten, five out of nine would be a good haul from the next three games, anything more would be a bonus.

PeterboroHibee
17-09-2012, 11:30 AM
We may have ridden our luck a bit at times in games, but we have also been creating plenty of chances that we dont put away (but still winning the game). Also, in our last two games, 2 of the goals were from individual mistakes by the keeper. If he hadnt dropped it against Celtic then who knows, it could be us thats top.

I think the squad we have put together has a good mix of players with the right attitude and desire to win, and with McGivern and Taiwo also yet to make their debuts, we have even more competition for places.

LioNeilMessi
17-09-2012, 11:55 AM
We may have ridden our luck a bit at times in games, but we have also been creating plenty of chances that we dont put away (but still winning the game). Also, in our last two games, 2 of the goals were from individual mistakes by the keeper. If he hadnt dropped it against Celtic then who knows, it could be us thats top.

I think the squad we have put together has a good mix of players with the right attitude and desire to win, and with McGivern and Taiwo also yet to make their debuts, we have even more competition for places.

We also gifted a poor Hearts team a goal with Maybury's pass back. We should be out of sight by now in the league! :greengrin

alfie
17-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Hibees for the League?! :faint:

Greendub
17-09-2012, 12:00 PM
9 points

Hibs for the title!!

GGTTH!

SMAXXA
17-09-2012, 12:15 PM
How many points did we finish on last season?

PatHead
17-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Definately would say to enjoy run whilst it lasts. Lets just look forward to Saturday, enjoy the game and the 3 points if we get them then look at the next game. The larger the difference grows between us and the bottom team the better. We can then re-assess at Christmas time and hopefully push on.

Just like the start under Hughes, other teams will be beginning to read how we play and make it tougher as time goes on.

Stevie Reid
17-09-2012, 12:22 PM
How many points did we finish on last season?

33, so we have a third of our total points haul.

It took us 12 games to get to 12 points last season, we have 11 after 6, and have now won as many home games in the SPL as we did in all last season.

Progress.

SMAXXA
17-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Definately would say to enjoy run whilst it lasts. Lets just look forward to Saturday, enjoy the game and the 3 points if we get them then look at the next game. The larger the difference grows between us and the bottom team the better. We can then re-assess at Christmas time and hopefully push on.

Just like the start under Hughes, other teams will be beginning to read how we play and make it tougher as time goes on.

How would you say we play?

I don't think there's a hell of a lot you can look into how we play, we are organised and set up with 2 banks of 4 one across the back and the other midfield, really noticed it on saturday. We are organised yet unspectacular which I really don't mind at the moment.

I don't think these much teams can do to out fox the way we play, its a case of who's better and takes their chances on tje day imo.

Its not like we are a mowbray type team or even a kili where everythings built from the back and if you press high up the pitch ontop of them it causes them problems.

SMAXXA
17-09-2012, 12:25 PM
33, so we have a third of our total points haul.

It took us twice as many games to get to 12 points last season, and have now won as many home games in the SPL as we did in all last season.

Progress.

Cheers Steve. Thanks for the ST on saturday aswell, take it the old man and bro are back for the inverness game ;-)

Stevie Reid
17-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Cheers Steve. Thanks for the ST on saturday aswell, take it the old man and bro are back for the inverness game ;-)

Nae worries, and 'fraid so mate!

It's unusual to have folk wanting the tickets, couldnae gie them away the last couple of years!

Seveno
17-09-2012, 12:38 PM
I am really enjoying Saturdays again and it is good to see how the players are trying hard to engage with the fans, inspired by our Captain. Sparky's high fiving walk along the front of the FF stand was great to see.

We have been getting a few breaks but I think that we are earning them and we don't fall apart when the breaks go against us. Any team visiting ER now will have to re-think their tactics and attitude.

I am a bit concerned that we could get undone if the opposition have some speed on the wings but that probably applies to most teams and it is a gap in our own armoury. Hopefully PF is still trying to find someone.

Williams is a bit of a conundrum. He makes some great saves but has slipped up a few times in dealing with crosses. He is still young though and hopefully some good coaching will help him to improve on this aspect of his play. There is enough there to think that he could be our best keeper in a long spell.

I liked everything that Pat had to say from the moment he joined the club and it is quiet clear that his attitude is beginning to be reflected on the field. I don't believe that anyone is going to roll us over now and ER could once agan become a fortress.

I'm looking forward to many more 'Carlsberg Saturdays' with Celtic and Hearts losing, and a certain Thrid Division team being humbled.

PatHead
17-09-2012, 12:44 PM
How would you say we play?

I don't think there's a hell of a lot you can look into how we play, we are organised and set up with 2 banks of 4 one across the back and the other midfield, really noticed it on saturday. We are organised yet unspectacular which I really don't mind at the moment.

I don't think these much teams can do to out fox the way we play, its a case of who's better and takes their chances on tje day imo.

Its not like we are a mowbray type team or even a kili where everythings built from the back and if you press high up the pitch ontop of them it causes them problems.

Both St Johnstone and Killie tried to play open football which played into the way are laid out. As you said 4 4 2.

Inverness might sit in and force us out to attack the game. This could change our set up making us open more with the midfield having to push up offering chances on the counter. If that was successful other teams may adopt it. Alternatively, they could play tighter at the back leaving room out wide but stifling our attack in the middle and suffocating the game. I'm not a coach/manager but you surely adapt your game to suit or every team would play 4 4 2.

We just need to take one game at a time, build confidence and hopefully avoid injuries to key players.

SMAXXA
17-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Both St Johnstone and Killie tried to play open football which played into the way are laid out. As you said 4 4 2.

Inverness might sit in and force us out to attack the game. This could change our set up making us open more with the midfield having to push up offering chances on the counter. If that was successful other teams may adopt it. Alternatively, they could play tighter at the back leaving room out wide but stifling our attack in the middle and suffocating the game. I'm not a coach/manager but you surely adapt your game to suit or every team would play 4 4 2.

We just need to take one game at a time, build confidence and hopefully avoid injuries to key players.

Yeah I agree, some good points there. It will be interesting to see how we cope when other tactics are deployed, as another poster said we could find it difficult down the wings when up against decent pacy wingers.

That we guy for kili that came on who looked about 12 was bvery good from what I seen, exciting look about him and always looking to beat a man. Why don't we seem to have any young guys like this