PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
16-09-2012, 03:17 PM
I fully expect the great unwashed to get thier act together and win the league.....................but does anyone else think we can be second.

I do :flag:

Chibs
16-09-2012, 03:27 PM
I fully expect the great unwashed to get thier act together and win the league.....................but does anyone else think we can be second.

And zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Eff off ya trumpet

madabouthibs
16-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Why do we always have to settle for going for second?
Thats the problem in this country for the last 20 years or so, no one is willing to stand up and say, "**** it, lets try and win it!"
Everyone is desperate to split the OF........
Are we scared of winning it??? :confused::confused:
Just needs a bit of bottle I reckon, Celtic are there for the taking, and Rangers aren't even there!!! :agree:

Broken Gnome
16-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Thats the problem in this country for the last 20 years or so, no one is willing to stand up and say, "**** it, lets try and win it!"
Just needs a bit of bottle I reckon, Celtic are there for the taking, and Rangers aren't even there!!! :agree:

No, we realise that we're an injury or two away from a very ordinary team picked from a tiny squad and the likelihood of difficult times.

Seriously, considering the lowest of bases that Hibs are coming from, any 1st, 2nd or even 3rd chat is a tad silly.

silverhibee
16-09-2012, 03:42 PM

One game at a time, you are getting carried away http://monstertalk.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/zebedee.jpg

Vini1875
16-09-2012, 03:47 PM
A few things would need to happen for us to win it.
No injuries or suspensions
everyone playing at the top of their game for 8 months
influx of talent come January.
everyone else taking points from each other
a huge amount of luck
no bottles crashing at the business end of the campaign.

This team might be good enough to beat celtc, but we are also poor enough to get beat from QOS.

I think enjoy each game and win as they come along and don't look too far ahead.

Pretty Boy
16-09-2012, 03:56 PM
If a couple of teams manage to hang onto Celtics coat tails until late March then that's an acheivement imo.

They have a budget that dwarfs everyone else's and a squad depth we would kill for. Their one big achilles heal though is they have a piss poor manager who's getting an easy ride because he's the mythical 'Celtic minded'.

If Hibs keep grinding out results, make a few decent additions in January and keep most of the starting 11 fit then we will make top 6 and maybe be in the hunt for Europe. From where we are building from that's a pretty big acheivement.

semaj64
16-09-2012, 04:22 PM
No, we realise that we're an injury or two away from a very ordinary team picked from a tiny squad and the likelihood of difficult times.

Seriously, considering the lowest of bases that Hibs are coming from, any 1st, 2nd or even 3rd chat is a tad silly.

Surely other SPL teams apart from Celtic will have similar issues. It is a long way go but Hibs have been most active in market get a good start and lets see what happens. We should always set our sights high, positive attitude is half the battle.

cam2644
16-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Agree.There is a difference between being unrealistic and being defeatist.The aim is to win every match and that means not conceding any league position until it is a statistical fact.

Surely other SPL teams apart from Celtic will have similar issues. It is a long way go but Hibs have been most active in market get a good start and lets see what happens. We should always set our sights high, positive attitude is half the battle.

essexhibee
16-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Not a chance we will finish second. The squad doesn't have enough depth currently to allow us to be able to.

lord bunberry
16-09-2012, 04:56 PM

I don't think its silly to think we can be in the top 3. We are a team that's still getting to know each other we have two players still to make their debuts and a striker who when fit will give us more options. Most teams in the league would bite your hand off for that

Eyrie
16-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Not a chance we will finish second. The squad doesn't have enough depth currently to allow us to be able to.
The same can be said for any team other than Sellick. We've got a decent chance of finishing second and I still expect us to be in the top six.

Broken Gnome
16-09-2012, 06:26 PM
I don't think its silly to think we can be in the top 3. We are a team that's still getting to know each other we have two players still to make their debuts and a striker who when fit will give us more options. Most teams in the league would bite your hand off for that

That may be. I'd have thought that after experiencing the worst day on the club's history we'd be able to refrain from getting a bit too excited.

We're improving and have no idea how the league will pan out. That's more than enough, as is being second, instead of making bold predictions we're not really equipped to meet.

Northernhibee
16-09-2012, 06:33 PM
If we have a run of luck regarding injuries, who knows what we can do? There's not a team in the league we shouldn't be aiming to win against, everyone is taking points off each other and we're showing some consistency.

I'm not going to attempt to guess where we'll finish as we're still improving as are the teams around us.

dmc1875
16-09-2012, 06:36 PM
We have played the 'harder teams' (Utd, Hearts, Celtic, St Johnstone) apart from Motherwell and have ICT and Dundee at home in the next three weeks. Great chance to continue our run if we can get a draw at Fir Park (a ground we usually like playing at).

Any team can beat anyone else, we need to keep winning and focus on one game at a time.

Make no mistake, a top six finish this season would be a great achievement

iwasthere1972
16-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Personally I think Celtic could be pushed hard this season for the league title and with a bit of luck they'll pick up injuries to key players in their quest for the Champions League. Not saying that the challenge will come from us although I fully expect us to claim a European spot for next season.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

brydekirk
16-09-2012, 06:38 PM
We still don't know what Kuqi, Tiawo and McGivern will bring to the team, but must be descent back up at least or Pat would'nt have signed them.

O'Rourke3
16-09-2012, 06:46 PM
:fishin:

lord bunberry
16-09-2012, 06:53 PM
That may be. I'd have thought that after experiencing the worst day on the club's history we'd be able to refrain from getting a bit too excited.

We're improving and have no idea how the league will pan out. That's more than enough, as is being second, instead of making bold predictions we're not really equipped to meet.

I wasn't making any predictions i was merely responding to the suggestion that it's silly to think we can be a top 3 team this season. Im not saying we will be in the top 3 but i don't think we can't do it

PeterboroHibee
16-09-2012, 07:18 PM
After last season, I dont think we should be getting carried away, but I do think there is a lot more potential there this season for clubs to push Celtic.

Without Rangers in the league, they are a bit sloppy, dropping silly points that they wouldnt have done as often in previous seasons. They might also be more focused on the CL this season.

Think Lennon is also quite a poor manager. He has had the odd moment (getting to the CL group stage is a good achievement), but they have a real habit of messing up under him (quite often in the cups, only winning the league when Rangers went bust).

He also has massive resources available to him when compared to every other team in the league, and a huge squad, yet has been moaning all season about lack of options. Every other team has to get on with having smaller squads, it should be even less of a problem for them.

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
16-09-2012, 07:23 PM
And zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Eff off ya trumpet

Just repeating the thoughts of Ryan Mcgivern in last weeks papers. Does that make him a trumpet also.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it Einstein :cb

shetlandhibee
16-09-2012, 07:28 PM

:agree:
GGTTH HIbs for the league but I wouldn't be to upset with a top 6 finish