PDA

View Full Version : Shefti

Scooter
16-09-2012, 10:55 AM
What was wrong with the big fella not even on the bench?

Scouse Hibee
16-09-2012, 11:08 AM
It's worrying the lack of quality options we have in reserve up front.

Cocaine&Caviar
16-09-2012, 11:09 AM
It delights me that we have young players up front getting some game time in Handling & Caldwell

Saorsa
16-09-2012, 11:09 AM
What was wrong with the big fella not even on the bench?I saw him play in the U 20's game last Monday and I'm no surprised he didnae get picked.

Scouse Hibee
16-09-2012, 11:11 AM
I saw him play in the U 20's game last Monday and I'm no surprised he didnae get picked.

:agree:

Steve-O
16-09-2012, 11:13 AM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/7682522/Huysegems-adds-to-pace-Wellington-Phoenix/

Not being funny, but it's quite worrying Hibs are not in the market for this type of player (concede I've yet to see him play!) - a Belgian international, has played in Champions League, for Feyenoord among a few others, and is still just 30. On the face of it, he would appear to be a better option than Kuqi?

I'll tell you all in a few months if that is indeed the case.

shetlandhibee
16-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Who have we got to partner Doyle if griffiths gets injured?we need 1 more striker and a back up golie

But great signs keep it up guys:agree:

Ggtth:pfgwa

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-09-2012, 11:29 AM
I couldn't make it yesterday but my old man took my season, he said Sheriden was pretty good. Unlucky not to score.

Cocaine&Caviar
16-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Who have we got to partner Doyle if griffiths gets injured?we need 1 more striker and a back up golie

But great signs keep it up guys:agree:

Ggtth:pfgwa

How else are we going to get the next Fletcher, Riordan, O'Connor etc if we don't give these guys a chance when the first trainers aren't available?

LeighLoyal
16-09-2012, 11:32 AM
looks like a panic buy by Fenlon. Waste of money.

Scouse Hibee
16-09-2012, 11:33 AM
How else are we going to get the next Fletcher, Riordan, O'Connor etc if we don't give these guys a chance when the first trainers aren't available?

By giving them game time off the bench, it would destroy their confidence if they had to cover over a lengthy period and would be found wanting just now IMO.

Pretty Boy
16-09-2012, 11:41 AM
By giving them game time off the bench, it would destroy their confidence if they had to cover over a lengthy period and would be found wanting just now IMO.

Agreed.

This is absolutely not meant as a criticism of Handling or Caldwell but neither are yet ready for a lengthy run in the team. Hopefully we can get ourselves into a position where we can blood them slowly in a confident team but at the moment neither is ready to be one of our key strikers.

Wotherspiniesta
16-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Looks like another Agogo situation.

WeAreHibs
16-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Was speaking to Russell before the game and was told he's still not fit.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

fife hfc
16-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Christ a season lasts to May and at the moment Doyle and Griffiths are doing a job for us upfront. Kuqi did not have a preseason and I'd imagine is a good bit behind the others in fitness. I'll not write him off at the moment and is this the new outlet for the those that like a drama. I'm sure taiwo will be next as he must be well behind in fitness. If they don't feature much at the moment but then do a job for us later in te season then I'll be happy with that. We are far from the finished article and to sort the mess out of the last few years will take more than one season.

Vault Boy
16-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Jesus give the guy a chance, he's not played anywhere near enough football for us to start judging him, never mind slating him. Pathetic.

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Looks like another Agogo situation.

at the moment id take junior over kuqi

fife hfc
16-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Jesus give the guy a chance, he's not played anywhere near enough football for us to start judging him, never mind slating him. Pathetic.

:agree: Plenty drama queens on here. Since we won yesterday they have to try to be negative about something else.

erin go bragh
16-09-2012, 12:33 PM
I couldn't make it yesterday but my old man took my season, he said Sheriden was pretty good. Unlucky not to score.

Sheriden had a free header that he put past the post ,never noticed anything else he did all game .

ggtth

500miles
16-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Is this the thread where we complain about the forward line linking up too well?
Shefki showed that he was still able to score at a decent level last season, and hopefully he will be ready when Paddy needs him. Jesus wept.

HibsMax
16-09-2012, 12:42 PM

What has Kuqi done to deserve that? From what I have heard he seems to be a bit off the pace right now BUT he's providing great guidance for the younger guys which will be influential in developing them.

IndieHibby
16-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Jesus wept.

Jesus.

Christ

Easy now, lads. You'll have the Inquisition on yer case before long!

:greengrin

Borderhibbie76
16-09-2012, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=HibsM

ax;3360715]What has Kuqi done to deserve that? From what I have heard he seems to be a bit off the pace right now BUT he's providing great guidance for the younger guys which will be influential in developing them.[/QUOT
Agreed mate, cant believe people writing kuqi off after one bad game at qos??? Jeezo, the guy has played and scored regularly at decent level and will do decent job for us when fit and required. Lets have faith in paddys judgment, so far (kujabi aside) he wasnt let us down!!!

Borderhibbie76
16-09-2012, 01:49 PM
And Ffs can we stop this cillian sheridan love in, personally thought he was poor at best yest and couldnt lace sparky or even Doyle s boots!!

Scooter
16-09-2012, 01:56 PM
So can anyone tell me then. Is he injured/unfit/dropped

Cocaine&Caviar
16-09-2012, 01:58 PM
So can anyone tell me then. Is he injured/unfit/dropped

Not Match Fit

JohnStephens91
16-09-2012, 01:59 PM
I thought he looked decent in the u-20 game, but he lacks fitness, it is probably down to his age and the lack of preseason more than anything.

NAE NOOKIE
16-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Ach ... gee the guy a chance. Think he needs to get fitter before PF will chance playing him.

PeterboroHibee
16-09-2012, 02:25 PM
I dont understand why we signed Kuqi in the first place, but if he isnt fit there isnt much we can do about that, and its no reason to criticise him. I do think its a positive that the likes of Caldwell are getting games over him at the moment though.

Kato
16-09-2012, 02:41 PM
at the moment id take junior over kuqi

Why?

Wilson
16-09-2012, 03:02 PM
I don't think Fenlon does anything in a panic. Especially not making signings.

He wanted Kuqi because if his character and his experience. He is not match so we can't play him but hopefully he is contributing behind the scenes as he strives for fitness.

I expect we'll see a match day contribution before long.

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Why?

quite liked agogo. he wasn't as bad as this forum tended to make out.

watching kuqi isn't pretty, even if he isn't fit. he's been murder on the occasions i've seen him.

Kato
16-09-2012, 03:25 PM

He was rubbish. Here for a wee pay day. Rightly chucked out by Fenlon as a wage thief.

watching kuqi isn't pretty, even if he isn't fit. he's been murder on the occasions i've seen him.

I'm glad you think that as based on the above I don't trust your opinion.

Saorsa
16-09-2012, 04:49 PM
looks like a panic buy by Fenlon. Waste of money.I disagree. I saw him on Monday and I said I could see based on that performance why he wisnae selected. He was well off the pace in that game. He's had nae pre-season, I think it's a bit early tae be writing him off completely or calling him a panic buy. Personally I dinnae think Fenlon is the type tae panic buy, he's said himself before he winnae buy for the sake of it. What I'd like tae ken is why it takes Hibs so long tae get these free agents signed up, if we could have got him in earlier it would possibly have helped his fitness.

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-09-2012, 05:13 PM
He was rubbish. Here for a wee pay day. Rightly chucked out by Fenlon as a wage thief.

I'm glad you think that as based on the above I don't trust your opinion.

Shefti Kuqi: here for his love of Hibernian.
I wonder if the big man also wants a wee pay day at 35.

Kato
16-09-2012, 05:17 PM

Looks like another Jamtard post on this thread.

Kato
16-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Shefti Kuqi: here for his love of Hibernian.
I wonder if the big man also wants a wee pay day at 35.

Magnum Hibee, here to talk pesh.

ancient hibee
16-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Is it not still the case that a number of the match day players have to be below a certain age so you can't stack the bench with experienced players?

offshorehibby
16-09-2012, 06:02 PM
At present i am more than happy for Caldwell or Handling to come off the bench to play up front they have to get the experience some time. Caldwell came close on Saturday. Kuqi will get fit and be needed later in the season when Griffiths and Doyle are injured/suspended.

The squad is small but that gives us a chance to play the youngsters.

18/03/07
16-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Kuqi,under 20's the other night,ran his heart out for 60mins,Ivan on the other hand done nowt including missing a penalty,both were playing on Monday to get match fit.
Ivan has had pre season training,big fellow has had nowt,
The reason the under 20's lost on M onday night was,the young guys were told to help these guys get fit and get the balls to them.
Nikki may confirm this.

offshorehibby
16-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Kuqi,under 20's the other night,ran his heart out for 60mins,Ivan on the other hand done nowt including missing a penalty,both were playing on Monday to get match fit.
Ivan has had pre season training,big fellow has had nowt,
The reason the under 20's lost on M onday night was,the young guys were told to help these guys get fit and get the balls to them.
Nikki may confirm this.

I was at the game on Monday and got the impression the young guys were accommodating Sproule/Kuqi, a completely different game when they went off.

dmc1875
16-09-2012, 06:31 PM
I feel sorry for the big man. He's come in with a lot of fans getting all excited and was thrown in way to quickly as he has not been training etc all pre season.

Fenlon has probably realised that and has decided to take him out the limelight for a couple of weeks until he's a bit sharper.

He's clearly a trier, and he is clearly a decent enough player for this league, so lets give him time.

I think there's a lot to come from him :agree: (winner at the PBS on 2nd Jan :wink:)

Saorsa
16-09-2012, 06:34 PM
I was at the game on Monday and got the impression the young guys were accommodating Sproule/Kuqi, a completely different game when they went off.I would agree with that and that's the problem with this U20's fudge instead of the U19's and a proper reserve league. I suits neither the development of the young players or the needs of fringe players of the first team squad. It's just typical of the game and the people who run it in this country.

Bookkeeper
16-09-2012, 06:47 PM
He'll be right as rain for the title run-in. :agree:

basehibby
16-09-2012, 07:25 PM

If I can just steal ScouseHibby's thunder - CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN!

Remember Claros took time to settle and is now looking like a first pick - hopefully Kuqui won't need as long but it was stated when he arrived a couple of weeks back that he'd need a chance to build up his fitness - patience please!

sahib
16-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Magnum Hibee, here to talk pesh.

He did destroy one of your main arguments against Agogo, though.

Jonnyboy
16-09-2012, 08:52 PM

We didn't buy him.

As others have said he put a decent shift in last Monday night in an attempt to gain match fitness. He is also great in helping and encouraging our young and promising strikers.

Waste of money? I think not

jacomo
16-09-2012, 09:35 PM

I know Hibs fans like to race each other to issue a definitive judgement on a player, but this really is preposterous.

Johnny0762
16-09-2012, 09:47 PM

Anyone can tell just looking at the man that he isn't match fit. My guess is he will be down the gym sweating off the excess weight he looks like he is carrying.

Did Hibs buy him on an internet auction? Surely you wouldn't bring in a player in that condition for him to take up valuable budget money and waste on the sidelines?

pedroorange1875
16-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Even if he doesnt actually score or play many games, what he does bring with his reasonably decent pedigree, name and experience is, as has been mentioned before, a mentoring of the young strikers which he seems to be doing. Also the fact that he has a good scoring record at various levels means that our main strikers cant rest on the fact they will be the first names on the team sheet, this is also invaluable and will stop the waster/dont care mentality that was evident previously. Scoring/playing or not he brings a bit more to the table and we are potentially seeing the benefit already.

Hibbyradge
16-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Christ a season lasts to May and at the moment Doyle and Griffiths are doing a job for us upfront. Kuqi did not have a preseason and I'd imagine is a good bit behind the others in fitness. I'll not write him off at the moment and is this the new outlet for the those that like a drama. I'm sure taiwo will be next as he must be well behind in fitness. If they don't feature much at the moment but then do a job for us later in te season then I'll be happy with that. We are far from the finished article and to sort the mess out of the last few years will take more than one season.

Excellent comment.

Higgy115
16-09-2012, 11:16 PM

I am guessing you are on the wind up?

NorthNorfolkHFC
17-09-2012, 08:16 AM
I am guessing you are on the wind up?

Nope. I'm not actually.

Obviously in hibs.net world, over time players either become legends or appear worse than they actually were. Agogo wasn't that bad!! I have just seen no evidence that Kuqi (couple of years older) is any better/any good at all. Fitness will play a part but you don't have to be fit to control the ball, especially after the game just starts.

Stevie Reid
17-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Not worried in the slightest about Kuqi.

Phil MaGlass
17-09-2012, 09:16 AM

I hopefully reckon he will be fit by the time we need to replace injured strikers.
I think he was also taken on by Hibs because of his experience he can pass onto the younger strikers and bring them on, I think theres a bigger picture that is being looked at here by PF.