PDA

View Full Version : Killie highlights

Peevemor
15-09-2012, 09:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVIXojhbbAE&list=PL0DF74379D4B448F0&index=4&feature=plcp

Wotherspiniesta
15-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Linky no worky.

Ryan91
15-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Linky no worky.

Get them here http://www.yt.g00p.com/watch?v=RVIXo...4&feature=plcp (http://www.yt.g00p.com/watch?v=RVIXojhbbAE&list=PL0DF74379D4B448F0&index=4&feature=plcp)

OR

Get them here http://www.celebrityproxy.in/browse....b=21&f=norefer (http://www.celebrityproxy.in/browse.php?u=hw7HJ9%2BfMv13zBt4WEQ2mx91eCjPM%2F7r4 0ePUGcM2QtO8vzKNSY%3D&b=21&f=norefer)

OR If you're not from the British Isles

Get them here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVIXojhbbAE

jamieross
15-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Paste the link in this site and you'll be able to watch them. http://www.celebrityproxy.in/ :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
15-09-2012, 09:50 PM
For anyone who can't get the highlights, here's the goals from my telly. :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwoyYDiD-Ws&feature=autoplay&list=HL1347739147&playnext=1

HibeeN
15-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Maybury did a good job of hauling Cairney away after the penalty incident. :greengrin The Killie keeper gives Cairney an initial push, and then goes over and pushes him again. Some referees might have shown a red for that. But glad that Maybury pulled Cairney away before it could escalate any further and got him booked as well. :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
15-09-2012, 10:01 PM
For anyone who can't get the highlights, here's the goals from my telly. :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwoyYDiD-Ws&feature=autoplay&list=HL1347739147&playnext=1

You camera work is no bad :wink:

iwasthere1972
15-09-2012, 10:09 PM
You camera work is no bad :wink:

Cheers. :wink:

Humo
15-09-2012, 10:17 PM
I can't believe Claros actually put his body on the line and took a kick to the upper body or head to stop killie equalizing a second time! What has Pat done to him?

Hibercelona
15-09-2012, 10:53 PM
I can't believe Claros actually put his body on the line and took a kick to the upper body or head to stop killie equalizing a second time! What has Pat done to him?

Turned him into a Hibernian soldier. :thumbsup:

Humo
15-09-2012, 10:56 PM

So True! :greengrin

:pfgwa

Ryan91
15-09-2012, 11:38 PM

Pat seems to have done that with a number of players, more players look ready to put themselves in harms way to keep the ball out the net. Claros taking the boot to the head today to deny them a goal is but one example of many.

jonny
15-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Paste the link in this site and you'll be able to watch them. http://www.celebrityproxy.in/ :thumbsup:

Jamie - the bet365 thing works fine ;-) Nothing for us today but there were other things knockin about.

Johnny0762
15-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Got to agree, we now look like we have a team full of battlers. Just what we needed.

To progress, however, we need 3 more players. A creative midfielder, a winger and a striker, and we'll be a really useful side. (Kuqi?)

Sparky going off today showed we lack a goal threat without him.

brydekirk
16-09-2012, 04:57 PM

I think he deserves a wee song after that.

EdinMike
16-09-2012, 05:10 PM
One Ben Williams indeed... :top marks

Although I still think he should have done better with their goal... Can't say something nice without being negative ! :greengrin

frazeHFC
16-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Love seeing how passionate McPake is, celebrating when the ball went out after the clearance etc. Played well yesterday, some great performances.......can't wait for Saturday! :thumbsup:
:flag:

hibsbollah
16-09-2012, 05:24 PM
No obvious individual mistakes on the 1 on 1 williams save, the offside trap just seemed to fail (Claros being the last defender seems a bit strange though). Williams fault for the goal. Best save of the game was.from Griffiths where their keeper gets down to his right, brilliant save or Leigh wouldve got his hattrick.

fife hfc
16-09-2012, 05:36 PM
To me it looks like Doyle is inline and so onside. Good composed finished by him and just a shame it did not count.

--------
16-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Maybury did a good job of hauling Cairney away after the penalty incident. :greengrin The Killie keeper gives Cairney an initial push, and then goes over and pushes him again. Some referees might have shown a red for that. But glad that Maybury pulled Cairney away before it could escalate any further and got him booked as well. :thumbsup:

Alan Maybury's a very sensible, level-headed chap - I'm very glad we have him.

I cannot for the life of me see where Shiels got his claim that Cairney went down before the defender got to him - Cairney looks to me to be concentrated on going after the ball (which is three feet ahead of him) when the defender takes him down. The defender takes the man out, doesn't touch the ball - penalty, surely?

IMO the keeper should have walked - he raised his hands to Cairney twice. Looked to me as if he was trying to get Cairney to react in a way that would have got HIM sent off.

Kilmarnock players look to be getting to be just like their manager - greetin-faced whingers to a man.

Northernhibee
16-09-2012, 05:56 PM

I cannot for the life of me see where Shiels got his claim that Cairney went down before the defender got to him - Cairney looks to me to be concentrated on going after the ball (which is three feet ahead of him) when the defender takes him down. The defender takes the man out, doesn't touch the ball - penalty, surely?

IMO the keeper should have walked - he raised his hands to Cairney twice. Looked to me as if he was trying to get Cairney to react in a way that would have got HIM sent off.

Kilmarnock players look to be getting to be just like their manager - greetin-faced whingers to a man.

Was 100% a red. Entirely unprovoked attack.

Just watched St Mirrens goal - plenty movement on it, but defender and keeper should have gotten to it. The bus driver must stay!

basehibby
16-09-2012, 05:59 PM
WTF were Killie moaning about at the penalty? Absolute stone-waller (just as it seemed to be at the time IMO)

Winston Ingram
16-09-2012, 06:05 PM

This. It was as clear a pen as I've seen:agree:

Golden Bear
16-09-2012, 06:21 PM
To me it looks like Doyle is inline and so onside. Good composed finished by him and just a shame it did not count.

:agree:

dmc1875
16-09-2012, 06:25 PM
I hope Kenny Shiels watches the highlights (even though yesterday he was adamant he didnt need to) because:

1) It was a stonewall penalty

2) The goalkeeper could and probably should have walked

and...

3) Doyle looks like he was onside... :cb

Liam89
16-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Please please please PLEASE can we sign leigh griffiths to a 5 year contract right now, love the guy!

Duffys13
16-09-2012, 06:36 PM
No obvious individual mistakes on the 1 on 1 williams save, the offside trap just seemed to fail (Claros being the last defender seems a bit strange though). Williams fault for the goal. Best save of the game was.from Griffiths where their keeper gets down to his right, brilliant save or Leigh wouldve got his hattrick.

Williams has made a few errors this season so far and it's only early, at this point the results are saving him from a lot of stick imho. Still onwards and upwards!!

dmc1875
16-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Williams has made a few errors this season so far and it's only early, at this point the results are saving him from a lot of stick imho. Still onwards and upwards!!

He has also made some phenomenal saves, as well as some very key ones....

Duffys13
16-09-2012, 06:41 PM
He has also made some phenomenal saves, as well as some very key ones....

I agree, but just saying he has made a few errors also. Just shows you what a few wins does for positivity even down to the message boards. No one getting pelters, all behind the team etc.

Saorsa
16-09-2012, 06:42 PM
He has also made some phenomenal saves, as well as some very key ones....exactly, IMO he's done ok, he's saved us more than he's cost us I would say and and on what I've seen so far could be the best keeper we've had in a good while. If he was the perfect keeper he wouldnae be here.

dmc1875
16-09-2012, 06:42 PM
I agree, but just saying he has made a few errors also. Just shows you what a few wins does for positivity even down to the message boards. No one getting pelters, all behind the team etc.

Bishop Hibee
16-09-2012, 06:47 PM

I was sure it was offside at the time but it looked a lot closer on the highlights. I thought it was a pen at the time and that's confirmed so my eyesight's off the hook!

Decent game in difficult windy conditions. Better than anything we served up at ER last season.

basehibby
16-09-2012, 07:04 PM

:confused: I remember the incident but didn't see it on any of the highlights posted above - am I missing something?!?

basehibby
16-09-2012, 07:14 PM

:aok: Give him a medal! Very brave - saved the points for us by the look of it. :top marks

shetlandhibee
16-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Please please please PLEASE can we sign leigh griffiths to a 5 year contract right now, love the guy!
:agree: before someone else does

GoldenEagle
16-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Pushing a player in the manner that the Killie keeper did isn't an act of violence, yellow card spot on.

Hibrandenburg
16-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Two good St Johnstone goals and a cracking header from Nish (yes you read correctly).

Twiglet
16-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Two good St Johnstone goals and a cracking header from Nish (yes you read correctly).

:agree: Yup, brilliant header from Nish, we just have to make sure he doesn't do it against us!

Missed the intros, who's the bigger bloke? Pat something? Is he from Celtc?

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-09-2012, 10:00 PM
I did think that our penalty was soft yesterday but seeing it for the first time on the teev, there is no doubt. Nailed on peno.

PeterboroHibee
16-09-2012, 10:01 PM
:agree: Yup, brilliant header from Nish, we just have to make sure he doesn't do it against us!

Missed the intros, who's the bigger bloke? Pat something? Is he from Celtc?

Pat Bonner, ex Celtic and Ireland keeper.

Some really good goals tonight, along with some goalkeeping howlers (including Williams again).

pedroorange1875
16-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Doyle level at the very least for his "goal", nothing wrong with that Kenny. The east stand linesman wants to learn the rule that its not when you receive the ball, he did that all afternoon...shocking officiating

Twiglet
16-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Glad they agreed that it was a penalty. No excuses or whinges from managers later in the season when we are awarded penalties trying to say that we get dodgy penalty calls in our favour.

Just seen St Mirrens 2 goals, :thumbsup:. The St Mirren player sliced through Hearts like a knife through soft butter for the second.

frazeHFC
16-09-2012, 10:08 PM
"New signing Colin Nish, the striker on loan from Hartlepool United, broke his nose in the process of putting Dundee ahead in their 2-1 defeat by Motherwell."

ballengeich
16-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Pat Bonner, ex Celtic and Ireland keeper.

Some really good goals tonight, along with some goalkeeping howlers (including Williams again).

Craigan and Bonner are much better analysts than the usual bunch (or it might just be I'm in a good mood because yesterday's results were pleasing).

Twiglet
16-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Craigan and Bonner are much better analysts than the usual bunch (or it might just be I'm in a good mood because yesterday's results were pleasing).

Agree. I've heard Craigan a few times on the radio and he seems alot more level headed than some players who analyse.

Never seen Bonner before and thought he was pretty fair with his analysis.

Would be happy to see them both back again.

Northernhibee
16-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Still not getting the credit we deserve for our performance so far this season I see. We're more than just Sparky; Hanlon, McPake, Deegan (who in fairness was mentioned), Claros, Cairney and more have all also been good.

Also got to say that Nish is a far better player than many give him credit for.

jimmy-adjovi
16-09-2012, 11:14 PM
Still not getting the credit we deserve for our performance so far this season I see. We're more than just Sparky; Hanlon, McPake, Deegan (who in fairness was mentioned), Claros, Cairney and more have all also been good.

Also got to say that Nish is a far better player than many give him credit for.

Agree 100% Nish was unfairly given a hard time.

On a side note, anyone think the boy Chris Johnstone deserved more air time tonight? Thought he looked a real prospect and got kilmarnock playing when he came on. Shiels should have drawn positives from that rather than moaning about a penalty that was fair enough imo.

GreenPJ
16-09-2012, 11:19 PM

On a side note, anyone think the boy Chris Johnstone deserved more air time tonight? Thought he looked a real prospect and got kilmarnock playing when he came on. Shiels should have drawn positives from that rather than moaning about a penalty that was fair enough imo.

:agree: He looked a cracking wee prospect. He had pace, guile and a bit of strength and bite about him when he came on. He reminded me of the lad they used to have a few years ago, Stevie Murray. Very much in the mould of an old Scottish winger.

He looks a good prospect for them.

Centre Hawf
17-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Thought Doyle was onside, even a referee mate of mine turned and said that was a poor decision. Also was told that Ref for the game had a great write up by the people watching him. Think he was okay up until the second half then started to favor them.

Back to sportscene, i didn't get a full chance to hear Stephen Craigen talk, but the few occasions i've heard him on ESPN and the Radio he comes across as an excellant pundit and knows the game very well. Seems a nice bloke as well wouldn't have minded a player like him at Hibs when we were going through the rough patch.

Hibrandenburg
17-09-2012, 05:24 AM

Yep, thought the same about Johnstone, jinky wee player who'll be one to watch for in the future.

brydekirk
17-09-2012, 06:07 AM
Must have been a low ball across the box !!

Tricla
17-09-2012, 06:20 AM
Seems I in the minority but I think Craigan havers a lot of tosh an hasn't had much positive to say about Hibs. One example was after about 10-15 mins of the Utd game at the start of the season when he suggested that PF should make subs? I know we weren't doing too well at that stage but make a sub so early!!??

greenginger
17-09-2012, 07:31 AM
Surprised Sportscene did not highlight that potential leg breaking lunge by Pascali on Clancy at the West Stand touch-line. If the Hibs player had gone down it could have been a red card rather than yellow.

Maybe the BBC did'nt want to upset one of their favorite mouthpieces.

Bill Milne
17-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Doyle level at the very least for his "goal", nothing wrong with that Kenny. The east stand linesman wants to learn the rule that its not when you receive the ball, he did that all afternoon...shocking officiating

No, I was in line with this and Doyle was offside before the pass was made. A step back would have put him onside.

Jones28
17-09-2012, 08:18 AM
I still can't believe they got sheridan on as a guest pundit...deary me.

Although It does seem to have changed overall as a programme, much more professional and sleek, taking a leaf out of MOTD's book at last.

Hibs7
17-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Going by the highlights the Jambos should have lost 3-2 on chances, but either way they cannot complain. but they will :wink:

Hibs game .... Also Doyle was not offside when the ball was played just look along the 18 yard line he is in line with the defender (bbc highlights)

theonlywayisup
17-09-2012, 09:01 AM
No, I was in line with this and Doyle was offside before the pass was made. A step back would have put him onside.

Looking at the TV video, I think he is in line with the other defender when the pass is made. However, it was marginal and it is easy to see why the linesman gave offside. What is not helping matters is Shiels view that the player was 5 yards offside? The video shows what a stupid comment to make. Ok, it could have been tongue in cheek, but when added to his other comments makes him sound very bitter.

Also, I hope he is forced to apologise for his comment on the penalty. From the behind the goals camera, it look a stonewaller.

Also, he forgets to mention the shocking late challenge on Clancy, with his player then stating that Clancy kicked him. And how many times when a Hibs player played the ball off the Killie player in a challenge and the throw in went to Killie. Plus the Dayton dive!

pedroorange1875
17-09-2012, 09:09 AM

Watch it again, the 18 yard line gives it away, when the pass is made he is behind the last defender

theonlywayisup
17-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Watch it again, the 18 yard line gives it away, when the pass is made he is behind the last defender

Allant1981
17-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Just seen the penalty for the 1st time and i dunno what sheils is yapping about, he was caught and we rightly got a penalty.

Sir David Gray
17-09-2012, 10:35 AM
I thought at the time that Doyle's "goal" was correctly ruled out for offside.

Having seen it again last night, he timed his running to perfection and, at the very least, was level with the last defender when the ball got played through to him.

Goal should have stood.

ancient hibee
17-09-2012, 06:13 PM
I still can't believe they got sheridan on as a guest pundit...deary me.

Although It does seem to have changed overall as a programme, much more professional and sleek, taking a leaf out of MOTD's book at last.

I must have missed anyone called Sheridan?

Pat Bonnar made the point that Fenlon is used to managing clubs at the top of the league.

LeighLoyal
17-09-2012, 06:33 PM
I thought at the time that Doyle's "goal" was correctly ruled out for offside.

Having seen it again last night, he timed his running to perfection and, at the very least, was level with the last defender when the ball got played through to him.

Goal should have stood.

If you freeze it at the moment the pass was made he's in line with the Kilmarnock defender per the line on the penalty box. Doyle robbed!

Jones28
17-09-2012, 06:53 PM
I must have missed anyone called Sheridan?

Pat Bonnar made the point that Fenlon is used to managing clubs at the top of the league.

Cillian Sherdian last season :greengrin

Thought Bonnar and Craigen were good :agree:

greenginger
17-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Cillian Sherdian last season :greengrin

Thought Bonnar and Craigen were good :agree:

They were actually just ok.

Its just the utter drivel from the usual dross on the program makes them seem brilliant. :wink:

poolman
18-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Seems I in the minority but I think Craigan havers a lot of tosh an hasn't had much positive to say about Hibs. One example was after about 10-15 mins of the Utd game at the start of the season when he suggested that PF should make subs? I know we weren't doing too well at that stage but make a sub so early!!??

I wonder if Scotty Broon was watching as Craigan at one point was telling him where on the pitch he should have been :rolleyes:

Scooter
19-09-2012, 05:59 AM
Anyone know if there's any highlights from the killie game? Can't find anything on bbc

CallumLaidlaw
19-09-2012, 06:03 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RVIXojhbbAE

hibsbollah
19-09-2012, 06:42 AM
Craigen is a terrible pundit. Dull dull dull. Then again ive stopped watching sportscene, it makes me want to jump out of the nearest window, screaming.

Hibstrooper
19-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Craigen is a terrible pundit. Dull dull dull. Then again ive stopped watching sportscene, it makes me want to jump out of the nearest window, screaming.

SPL channel on YouTube is great, cuts out any of the guff and you can handpick the highlights you want.