PDA

View Full Version : I love my club again

andy1875
15-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Today was one of the most enjoyable games I've been to at ER in a long, long time. I had my wee Hibs kid daughter along today and seeing all the kids enjoying themselves as well as a winning team made the day.

We are by no means world beaters (yet) haha but to see have a team that actually gives a ***** and play decent stuff that will hopefully continue to bring fans back.

Yes THAT final still sits fresh in the memory but there is real reason to be optimistic again. To all the fans who are still staying away, give ER another try. If its anything like today, the place will give you a wee buzz again.

Yours truly

A hibby back in love wi his club again :thumbsup:

ScottB
15-09-2012, 07:42 PM
I've always loved it, but I now like it again too :greengrin

Well timed, since I've just moved back to Edinburgh and can get to games more easily haha

Craig_in_Prague
15-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Great to hear !!

Feeling more positive now too and look forward to games again... Been a long time since I felt like that!

15-09-2012, 07:50 PM
The feel good factor is defiantly starting to return. Finally, we have a team on the pitch that is showing a bit of heart and desire, they actually look like they care and want to win which was something the team didn't have last season. There is still a hell of a lot of work to do as today was scrappy at times but we are certainly moving in the right direction.

The final is still painful but its in the past now, it happened and it was a dark dark day but its time to move on and move forward.

iwasthere1972
15-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Still a long way to go but such an improvement on the dross that we all had to endure last season. Big difference is that we are now winning more 50/50 balls than we did last season and the players look like they have more belief in themselves and with that they are beginning to enjoy themselves. Got to say for the first time in ages I wasn't looking at the clock and looking forward to getting out.

Long may it continue.

:flag: :flag:

sbell1875
15-09-2012, 08:36 PM
In Morrisons tonight and one of the staff seen I was wearing my Hibs top and decided to do the 1-5 gesture. I am immensely proud of my reaction as I just laughed it off and thought to myself how much better a position we are in now. Yet another hard thought win today which I have no doubt we would have lost last season and a winable game next week to hopefully keep the momentum going. Whilst with those buffoons theyre in complete disarray and have a manager playing a kid full back up front apparently!

PatHead
15-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Never stopped loving them myself. Bit like the wife, no matter how much she gets on my tits.....................still love her. Its in the blood.

Borderhibbie76
15-09-2012, 08:53 PM
The fight and passion sadly lacking for so long are back!! The spine of team with big Ben, mcpake + hanlon, deegan and claros, then griffiths and Doyle up top is strong by spl standards and if we can avoid injuries, suspensions en mass....then this might, just might be a decent season. Great credit to pat for the turnaround so far from last season!!

Hiber-nation
15-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Long way to go but I too am enjoying, and looking forward to games again for the first time in ages. We're miles away from a 2nd place but as others have said the fighting spirit is the thing that has been missing for so long.

The current bunch of players look like they actually want it and in turn you really want to get behind them. Miles away from the couldnae care less attitude of so many Hibs players in the past few seasons.

LancashireHibby
16-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Another huge step forward in the long road of burying the ghosts of May.

Pretty Boy
16-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Echoing those above, never stopped loving Hibs but I actually like Hibs again now.

Can't wait to win a Derby now, all derbies from now on mean nothing my erse.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-09-2012, 10:26 AM
The predominant top at Meadowbank "mini kickers" is Hibs. so despite it all they are out there.
My son was born in 07 (a Good year!) let's wipe the slate clean let's cknsolidate then start creating runs against teams all our "streaks" in recent years seem to be negative ones let's go for some positive ones.

Hopefully then we solidify the young uns into the body of the support.

I'd like my sons memories of Hibs to be a mix of a winning,'competitive and entertaining team with a bit of dominance against "them" ;) the cup game doesn't define us it's what's in the Historical trust museum and THAT game should not be a millstone around our necks and certainly not the young uns.

Wembley67
16-09-2012, 10:27 AM
In a boozer last night in ER and a couple of blokes were giving me a hard time for wanting to go back to the footy now that things are pointing in the right direction...sure you have all heard it before, 'where were you'....'glory hunter'...blah blah, still love how people think following hibs makes you a glory hunter :greengrin

As someone said earlier things are looking more positive which can only be a good thing :flag:

hfc rd
16-09-2012, 12:33 PM
The last hibs game I attended was the 1-1 derby draw at ER in our 1st home league game of the season. After that game finished and when I was walking back to the car for the long journey back home to Manchester, I had a bit of belief that this team will not lie down to anyone and will fight to the very end to get the victory.

I wasn't at the game yesterday but some of the comments from the fans that were at the game seem pretty positive. It is early days but it looks as if at last we have a team that seem to give a *****e and want to be winners out there.

Utd don't play till Sunday so will definitely be coming up to Edinburgh next Saturday for the caley game. And for the first time in years, I can't wait to see our new commited hard-working team.

GGTTH

JohnStephens91
16-09-2012, 01:07 PM
I think we all take Hibs for granted, when we have a poor season we all rally round the club more than if we have an average season if I'm being honest. Just so thankful to see us making strides forward again, let's not get carried away it's been 6 games in the league and a fantastic start, but this is a development season so if we finish in the top 6 it is a massive achievement. Good to see so many are wanting to come back, hopefully this reverberates throughout all of the supporters.

wandering_hibee
16-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Couldn't manage the 400 mile round trip, but will be down next week and looking forward to it and hopefully seeing another victory. It may not be the best Hibs team that have seen in the last half-century or anywhere near it), but they are as good as most others in the SPL and we should be challenging at the top half of the table this year.
:flag:

HibbyAndy
16-09-2012, 01:30 PM
I've never stopped loving Hibs. But Easter rd and looking forward to match day is a million miles away from last season. Rode our luck on many occasion but now getting the breaks we deserve.

Claros, Deegan & Cairney are simply outstanding.