PDA

View Full Version : Attendance

InchHibby
15-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Thought today's attendance was poor. I know the previous couple of years have not exactly filled anyone with enthusiasm but, for me anyway, I can see a lot of potential in this team. I can see a fighting spirit that has been lacking, I can see a determination within the side that I have not seen for some time, I can see a team willing to fight for each other and most of all I can see a team that wants to win and is even more determined not to lose. So my point is, the best incentive for any side is running onto that pitch with the terracings full. I've been to all the home games so far and the support has been fantastic with the whole ground getting behind the team, but unfortunately there are far too many empty seats. I don't think for one minute that we will win this League but I have never felt as confident in previous years as I do now. We need not fear anyone so what I say is get yourself along to Easter Road and be part of this new and exciting period in the clubs history and let's all prove the many doubters wrong.:flag:

gegs70
15-09-2012, 06:49 PM
I agree however too many poor seasons and a cup final that we through away....and the cost of season books in tight economic climate doesnt help. Surprised so many turned up....

Onceinawhile
15-09-2012, 06:52 PM
The way to increase crowds is to win games. I'm sure we will see a bigger crowd next week after today's win. Unfortunately away supports in the SPL aren't massive so we need a real push to get more fans through the door.

RickyS
15-09-2012, 06:53 PM
what was the crowd?

Hainan Hibs
15-09-2012, 06:57 PM
More performances like today's should see the crowds increase, however after the past few seasons and the cup final it will take more than a few wins unfortunately to get the crowds back.

However, I predict that once we get fully rolling in our battle with the mothers for the title we should see some sell outs down at ER:agree::greengrin

Sir David Gray
15-09-2012, 07:00 PM
I didn't think today's crowd was too bad, considering how bad things have been in recent years.

Only one thing will bring people back to Easter Road and that's winning football matches. Going by the past month or so, we seem to be heading in the right direction where that's concerned so hopefully it'll continue and we'll gradually see more and more people coming through the gates.

ChooseLife
15-09-2012, 07:01 PM
East stand looked pretty packed from the back of section 43, I thought the attendance looked pretty good for a Killie game, was surprised to find out it was under 10K.

GreenCastle
15-09-2012, 07:05 PM
East stand looked pretty packed from the back of section 43, I thought the attendance looked pretty good for a Killie game, was surprised to find out it was under 10K.

I agree - West and FF had gaps but not as many as previous times.

East Stand seemed busy but hard to judge corners as I sit further back.

Decent noise / encouragement during the game and Sec 43 did well - liked the drum and fans really stepped up the last 5/10 mins with the noise. :top marks

madabouthibs
15-09-2012, 07:18 PM
We're a good bunch us Hibbies, very forgiving, it won't take long before we're creeping up to the 12k and 13k crowds we need. :agree:
I can't attend any Saturday 3 olock games until mid October, so we better keep this run going!!! :aok:

Pretty Boy
15-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Thought the crowd was pretty decent today. Don't know official figure but it seemed busier than the last couple of home games.

thekaratekid
15-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Thought the crowd was pretty decent today. Don't know official figure but it seemed busier than the last couple of home games.

Today was a Hibs Kids day.

Gatecrasher
15-09-2012, 07:23 PM

no bad crowd, will be happier if we can get it above 11,000 on average. Today was a Hibs Kids game though.

HibeeN
15-09-2012, 07:24 PM

Decent noise / encouragement during the game and Sec 43 did well - liked the drum and fans really stepped up the last 5/10 mins with the noise. :top marks

Definitely. During that last quarter of an hour when we pretty much had our backs to the wall the crowd got really loud - loved the ongoing chorus of 'Paddy Fenlon's Green and White Army.' The constant stop-starting of the referee and the poor decisions from the linesmen actually riled the crowd and really cranked up the atmosphere in the closing stages.

Sir David Gray
15-09-2012, 07:29 PM
9,723 apparently.

Thought it was more than that, personally.

Still the biggest attendance in Scotland this weekend though by quite some distance.

weedgiehibbie
15-09-2012, 07:29 PM

Was glad to hear this myself and happy to see/hear all 3 stands getting right behind the team to get us over the finish line in a hard fought game :agree:

Might take a while for fans to start coming back in large numbers but it seems like things are slowly starting to pick up both with fans coming back and fans at games getting right behind what is currently a winning side :thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
15-09-2012, 07:31 PM
We should be averaging 13,000 easy, though it's totally understandable the past few years have seen crowds fall. When the good times return we'll see a few thousand on each gate.

Billy Whizz
15-09-2012, 07:34 PM
No one is getting better crowds except Newco, and we know the reason for that.
Celtic had 46,000 against us 2 week's ago, when they were regularly getting 58,000 a few years ago.
Keep winning and our crowds will grow

BT58
15-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Imo i think that the SPL have set prices too high to watch games,,, in the pub today there were many former season ticket holders like myself who will not pay what they demand
Bt

semaj64
15-09-2012, 07:44 PM
not bad cosindering it was is a holiday weekend as well

johnrebus
15-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Quite frankly I'm amazed that the Hibs support has remained so large after all the **** we have had to suffer, especially over the last two and a half years.

Unfortunately, the cup final was the straw that broke the camels back for a fair number, and who could blame them?

The season is only a few weeks old, there is a long, long way to go, but it looks like we could be on the road back.

Lets hope so.

:pray:

Jones28
15-09-2012, 07:58 PM
If we can keep winning the crowds will return, however that being said I'd have expected it to be over 10k with it being a hibs kids day.

ScottB
15-09-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm looking forward to getting a long to more games this season, now that I have moved back to the capital :D

LeighLoyal
15-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Was my first game in a while, will defo be back for the game next week. Saw plenty I liked.

J-C
15-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Was there today but can't guarantee to be there every weekend, unfortunately bills and life comes first.

Part/Time Supporter
15-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Context: the attendances for the two games against Killie last year were 8169 (the game Brown was in caretaker charge of) and 8877 (week after the cup semi-final win).

Onion
15-09-2012, 08:36 PM
IMHO 10k for a Hibs home game, after what we've had to suffer over the last 2-5 years = a ****** miracle. The encouraging thing is that this current team does at least recognise the hardships and embarrassment many of their predecessors brought to the club and are trying to put that right. All power to them.

hibsbollah
15-09-2012, 08:40 PM
It looked over 10k to me. It was fuller than I expected to be honest.

danhibees1875
15-09-2012, 09:44 PM
No way it was under 10k... East stand felt pretty packed and famous 5 was busier than I've seen it in a long time!

Judas Iscariot
15-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Imo i think that the SPL have set prices too high to watch games,,, in the pub today there were many former season ticket holders like myself who will not pay what they demand
Bt

Or turn down a free ticket :cool2:

Part/Time Supporter
15-09-2012, 11:28 PM
No way it was under 10k... East stand felt pretty packed and famous 5 was busier than I've seen it in a long time!

Past experience suggests that HFC don't count the kids who use their "free" tickets in the attendance figure.

LeighLoyal
15-09-2012, 11:33 PM
I thought it was about 11k. I suspect more still will filter back next week.

JohnStephens91
15-09-2012, 11:47 PM
My friend has been to two of the home games this season, he isn't even a supporter of any football team, and he said to me after the game today 'I don't know why I never went to a Hibs game before, they've both been good games I've been too.' Slowly he'll turn into a fan :wink:

Johnny0762
16-09-2012, 12:00 AM

This. A lot busier looking up that end with only the last section more or less empty. The East is buzzin when there's a decent crowd watching a win.

hibsbollah
16-09-2012, 05:09 AM
Past experience suggests that HFC don't count the kids who use their "free" tickets in the attendance figure.

That would explain it :agree:

Alfred E Newman
16-09-2012, 05:51 AM
Once crowds drop it is a slow and difficult prossess getting people back. Crowds of around 10000 are not bad concidering recent history and economic times and most clubs in the SPL would bite your hand off for crowds like that . The attendances are on the up and that is the main thing. Although we are winning games the football is not great to watch but if results continue the way they are crowds will rise.

LancashireHibby
16-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Was quite pleased with the crowd and people still slowly return if we can keep up this sort of form.

Petrie will be delighted as well, was a huge queue in the club shop after the game with kids badgering their parents to buy them stuff, plus a surprising number of foreigners who had seemingly been to the game.

NAE NOOKIE
16-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Having moved to the FF for this season its harder for me to judge the crowd.

When you look along the stand you are sitting in it always looks fuller than it really is. The East looked like it had about 4,000 in it. The West about 3,500 leaving about 2,500 in the FF.

Thought the crowd were good in the last 15 minutes with all the stands cheering the team on. Lets hope our run keeps going and we get some of the lapsed fans back.

danhibees1875
16-09-2012, 10:48 AM

Hmmm okay, I reckon that's probably the reason that it seems off to me then. It's strange though.

ancient hibee
16-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Football is too dear-under 14s should be let in free for all games bar category A.

Scouse Hibee
16-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Football is too dear-under 14s should be let in free for all games bar category A.

Too far IMO, try to make it cheaper across the board to swell attendances by all means but free entry makes no sense at all.

ScottB
16-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Given that it's the Freshers time of year, maybe the club should be offering cheap or free tickets to the new arriving students? I can remember a few guys I knew who moved here for uni ended up picking local sides and still go to games today.

Scouse Hibee
16-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Given that it's the Freshers time of year, maybe the club should be offering cheap or free tickets to the new arriving students? I can remember a few guys I knew who moved here for uni ended up picking local sides and still go to games today.

There are already concessions for students.

JohnStephens91
16-09-2012, 11:43 AM

It is only £12 a student ticket anyway, cheap enough already and giving students free tickets is the wrong way to go IMO

ScottB
16-09-2012, 11:48 AM
There are already concessions for students.

It is only £12 a student ticket anyway, cheap enough already and giving students free tickets is the wrong way to go IMO

I meant specifically this week or two only, there is an influx of thousands of new residents who will live in the city for at least four years. When we've got thousands of empty seats, giving away tickets at Freshers Weeks could turn people into paying customers going forward.

danhibees1875
16-09-2012, 02:02 PM
I meant specifically this week or two only, there is an influx of thousands of new residents who will live in the city for at least four years. When we've got thousands of empty seats, giving away tickets at Freshers Weeks could turn people into paying customers going forward.

:agree:

Not free, but surely a wee chat with the uni and we could have had a stall set up during the society sign-up stuff and sold/promoted £5 tickets for yesturdays game. :agree:

JohnStephens91
16-09-2012, 02:11 PM
:agree:

Not free, but surely a wee chat with the uni and we could have had a stall set up during the society sign-up stuff and sold/promoted £5 tickets for yesturdays game. :agree:

Not going to bash you for the opinion, but £5 is too cheap, £12 is a very fair price to be paying and if a student was getting in for £5 would it not devalue the season ticket for the East and West for students as well as opening a can of worms as in 'students are getting in for such a cheap price, why can't adults get in for a cheaper price, are my kids getting in for £5?' A good idea with setting up a stall, but £12 is probably one of the cheaper and fairer prices for students in the SPL

S4uzee
16-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Including yeaterday, 3 of the next 4 games are at home and IMO the club should offer packages for these games to guarantee income, possibly 3 games for £50 usually costing £66 for an adult

Mikey
16-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Including yeaterday, 3 of the next 4 games are at home and IMO the club should offer packages for these games to guarantee income, possibly 3 games for £50 usually costing £66 for an adult

Will the players offer to play these games for reduced pay? Will Scottish Gas, Scottish Power, BT, etc offer lower bills for the same period?

S4uzee
16-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Will the players offer to play these games for reduced pay? Will Scottish Gas, Scottish Power, BT, etc offer lower bills for the same period?

Thats not what I meant, its about trying to get people through the door that might be enticed by that and as these games are winnable, could draw fans back. To ask if players would play for reduced pay is just stupid

ScottB
16-09-2012, 03:53 PM

Well, bills and the like are essentials we all have to pay, paying for Hibs is not.

Alongside the ST's the club should be trying to appeal to others who can't afford that or don't want to; a half season ticket is a great idea, maybe a post split ticket and the like. Not saying that these should be cheaper than an equivalent number of games would have cost an ST holder by any means though.

Ultimately, we have thousands of seats that need filled, if we offer free or cheap tickets to kids, tourists, students or whatever, shorter than season passes for those that can't afford the full one, all that will help the cause.

Alfred E Newman
16-09-2012, 03:58 PM

Season ticket holders miss out again. What is in this package for them?

Keith_M
16-09-2012, 04:06 PM
TBH, I think the only thing that's likely to tempt more fans back is if we keep the decent results going. By my reckoning, 2-3,000 have drifted away since the 'Golden Generation' era for good reasons and only if Hibs prove this isn't some short term turnaround will they come back.

This isn't my viewpoint, just the feeling I get having spoken to a few Hibs supporting friends and relatives.

brydekirk
16-09-2012, 04:21 PM
not bad cosindering it was is a holiday weekend as well
Agree, forgot that my self.

cam2644
16-09-2012, 04:26 PM
If the gates start increasing it's down to Pat Fenlon who has cut out the rotten core that made Hibs such a soft touch in recent seasons. However with the lack of ambition shown by the Board and some dreadful performances over recent times it will take a while before all the missing Hibees return. But they are out there!

S4uzee
16-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Season ticket holders miss out again. What is in this package for them?
I am a season ticket holder and it wouldn't bother me, as it would only be for a selection of games(3 out of 4 at home is rare and we are doing well) to try and get people back

danhibees1875
16-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Not going to bash you for the opinion, but £5 is too cheap, £12 is a very fair price to be paying and if a student was getting in for £5 would it not devalue the season ticket for the East and West for students as well as opening a can of worms as in 'students are getting in for such a cheap price, why can't adults get in for a cheaper price, are my kids getting in for £5?' A good idea with setting up a stall, but £12 is probably one of the cheaper and fairer prices for students in the SPL

Don't know if this will make any difference to what you're saying but just to conifrm that I meant the £5 was for this game only.

I think it'd be a good shout to have more marketing towards students in general though. :agree: Aberdeen and Celtic have societies at Edinburgh but Hibs no longer do.

JohnStephens91
16-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Don't know if this will make any difference to what you're saying but just to conifrm that I meant the £5 was for this game only.

I think it'd be a good shout to have more marketing towards students in general though. :agree: Aberdeen and Celtic have societies at Edinburgh but Hibs no longer do.

Even at £5 a ticket it is still too cheap, £12 is good enough for a football match, it just needs advertising in the right areas to attract students.

If you go to Edinburgh Uni why not set up a Hibs social club? It's an idea that the club would get behind if you go to the university and they would probably advertise it on the website if it is set up.

HibeeN
16-09-2012, 09:16 PM
If you go to Edinburgh Uni why not set up a Hibs social club? It's an idea that the club would get behind if you go to the university and they would probably advertise it on the website if it is set up.

:agree: I'm at Edinburgh Uni too and like danhibees said, there are societies for other SPL teams and one for football supporters in general, but nothing for Hibs. I don't know if this is because a lack of local students to go Edinburgh, but it would be really nice to have a Hibs society at the uni for meet-ups and organising groups going to games, both home and away. Also, as you mentioned, I'm sure it's something the club could and would get behind with their support.

frazeHFC
16-09-2012, 09:19 PM

I spent less in freshers week as it was so cheap, but i am all for reduced prices for students. :agree: :greengrin

Talking of Uni societes, thinking of posting on the page for my Uni and try get a meet with other Hibees, and travel down as a group etc. I know there are a few up here at least so reckon it would get some sort of interest.

hibeedonald
16-09-2012, 10:11 PM
TBH, I think the only thing that's likely to tempt more fans back is if we keep the decent results going. By my reckoning, 2-3,000 have drifted away since the 'Golden Generation' era for good reasons and only if Hibs prove this isn't some short term turnaround will they come back.

This isn't my viewpoint, just the feeling I get having spoken to a few Hibs supporting friends and relatives.

Way more than 3000. I remember 17500 v killie. Fair play to the ppl who have supported the club this season after this season. Through thick and thin. Proud to to be a hibee!

frazeHFC
16-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Way more than 3000. I remember 17500 v killie. Fair play to the ppl who have supported the club this season after this season. Through thick and thin. Proud to to be a hibee!

I would like to be proved wrong, but doubt when we had the golden generation we got that much at home to Killie.

Part/Time Supporter
16-09-2012, 11:01 PM

Don't know where you got that one from. Biggest crowd at ER v Killie since 2004 was 14,500, when the team was going well under Collins early in 2007/08.

Crowds v Killie since 2004/05 (Mowbray first season)

7/8/2004 10933

22/1/2005 12660 (season going well)

15/10/2005 11731

5/4/2006 10427

4/11/2006 13510 (first game with Collins as manager)

5/5/2007 10674

29/9/2007 14500 (good start to 2007/08 season under Collins)

15/3/2008 12486

27/12/2008 12117

17/10/2009 10922

6/3/2010 10359

16/10/2010 11256

12/2/2011 11082

Then the two crowds last season were 8,000 odd.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-09-2012, 11:16 PM
I thought the crowd was quite good in comparison to other teams that did better than us last year. The crowd at Paisely showed there is no appetite for football there, and when St Johnstone scored their winner, it looked like their ground was full of Celtc fans. Well's travelling support to Dens, for a team at the top of the league wasn't great either.

danhibees1875
16-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Even at £5 a ticket it is still too cheap, £12 is good enough for a football match, it just needs advertising in the right areas to attract students.

Well I guess we could argue the price but at the end of the day it's too late now haha. I just feel 12 is a general student price and there should be an extreme special promotion for freshers week.

There was a society when I was a first year and it didn't get much interest and so had to disband - I'm now in my last year and its too late to start something official up I'd imagine...

maturehibby
17-09-2012, 10:11 AM
What was the away support for the big team at Paisley on Saturday ?
dont think they took the 950 that we had when we visited there last month as there was a lot of gaps and stratigicley placed flags to hide the invisible supporters

Www1875hfc
17-09-2012, 11:01 AM
What was the away support for the big team at Paisley on Saturday ?
dont think they took the 950 that we had when we visited there last month as there was a lot of gaps and stratigicley placed flags to hide the invisible supporters

I'm sure someone said the the pink dwellers only had 800+ at Paisley on saturday.
Correct me if i'm wrong though. :greengrin

Will be interesting to see,if the bad start to there season continues,just how they react to being cast adrift at the wrong end of the table.