PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

hibsbollah
15-09-2012, 05:23 PM
I thought we were very good today and worth the win. Considering how often we were penalised by those officials we did well to have any continuity at all. The atmosphere for the last 15 minutes was electric, you cant beat terrible officials to get easter road bouncing :aok:

Williams 7 looked badly at fault for the goal although id like to see it again. Made up it for it with an awesome one on one save and much better in the air second half.

Clancy 7 Very good today. (although all the defenders looked good individually, collectively there were a couple of disasters, especially trying to play offsides, so im marking them all down slightly).
Hanlon 7
McPake 7
Maybury 6

Wotherspoon 5 Poor deliveries
Deegan 5 Really poor first half, improved second.
Claros 8 Everything went through him today. Gave the ball away once or twice but more than made up for it with some incisive passing and he got stuck in too. Keep it up!
Cairney 7 With Griffiths, our best player first half. Quieter second.

Doyle 7 intelligent player.
Griffiths 8 Keeps getting better. Looked a nasty injury and he'll be a massive loss.

None of the subs made much impact. Fans were superb, especially at the end, referee and linesmen a disgrace, really makes you wonder whether they are on the make.

Broken Gnome
15-09-2012, 05:32 PM
I thought we were very good today and worth the win. Considering how often we were penalised by those officials we did well to have any continuity at all. The atmosphere for the last 15 minutes was electric, you cant beat terrible officials to get easter road bouncing :aok:

Williams 7 looked badly at fault for the goal although id like to see it again. Made up it for it with an awesome one on one save and much better in the air second half.

Clancy 7 Very good today. (although all the defenders looked good individually, collectively there were a couple of disasters, especially trying to play offsides, so im marking them all down slightly).
Hanlon 7
McPake 7
Maybury 6

Wotherspoon 5 Poor deliveries
Deegan 5 Really poor first half, improved second.
Claros 8 Everything went through him today. Gave the ball away once or twice but more than made up for it with some incisive passing and he got stuck in too. Keep it up!
Cairney 7 With Griffiths, our best player first half. Quieter second.

Doyle 7 intelligent player.
Griffiths 8 Keeps getting better. Looked a nasty injury and he'll be a massive loss.

None of the subs made much impact. Fans were superb, especially at the end, referee and linesmen a disgrace, really makes you wonder whether they are on the make.

Go along with most of that.

I'd probably give Doyle less but not necessarily a criticism. Imagine quite a few people would say he was cr@p today but he tried his backside off, did the right things and never really got the breaks.

Deegan worried/worries me a bit. Did improve though.

Don't think Leigh's as bad as it looked. Going by how he made it look, I'm surprised he's still alive :greengrin

Thought Hanlon and McPake were decent again, Killie won far too much in the air for them to be anything other than that. Coped well though, Hanlon's looking a pretty classy player right now.

lucky
15-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Williams 5 at fault for yet another goal

Clancy 6 decent but skinned at times
McPake 6 great effort as always
Hanlon 7 best defender on the pitch
Maybury 6 steady but need to get forward more

Spoony 5 worst game of the season
Deegan 6 battled well but looked KOed in the last 15 minutes
Claros 8 excellent today. Got stuck in and saved a goal at the end by taking one in the face
Cairney 7 great on the ball and worked back well

Doyle 7 ran his socks off
Griffiths 7 2 goals and some lovely touches

Subs
Sproule 1 only on for a minute
Stevenson 5 good defensive display but nothing going forward
Caldwell 4 another good 15 minutes for him

Pat Fenlon 8 got the team battling just need a bit more composure going forward

fans 7 help the team in the last 10

Hiber-nation
15-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Go along with most of that.

I'd probably give Doyle less but not necessarily a criticism. Imagine quite a few people would say he was cr@p today but he tried his backside off, did the right things and never really got the breaks.

Deegan worried/worries me a bit. Did improve though.

Don't think Leigh's as bad as it looked. Going by how he made it look, I'm surprised he's still alive :greengrin

Thought Hanlon and McPake were decent again, Killie won far too much in the air for them to be anything other than that. Coped well though, Hanlon's looking a pretty classy player right now.

Sums it up perfectly for me and I said exactly the same about Deegan.

Hanlon has to be the most improved player in the SPL.

Elephant Stone
15-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Williams - 7 Probably at fault for their goal but his save in the one on one was excellent. He's had a few of those saves already this season.

Clancy - 7
McPake- 6. Not as convincing as usual, lots of poorly timed headers.
Hanlon- 7
Maybury- 7. I've been really impressed with all his performances so far, calm and composed all the time.

Cairney- 7.5. Some fantastic passes.
Claros- 7.
Deegan 6
Wotherspoon 5

Griffiths 7.5
Doyle 5. Thought he struggled although most of the passes to him put him in difficult positions so can't really be blamed.

HibeeSince85
15-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Williams 7

Clancy 7
McPake 7
Hanlon 7
Maybury 7

Wotherspoon 6
Deegan 6
Claros 9
Cairney 8

Doyle 6
Griffiths 9

Griffiths was the real creative chance and Claros outstanding in the middle!

Very satisfying win.

fife hfc
15-09-2012, 07:11 PM
We are far from the finished article and Paddy knows this but so far there are signs of improvement and though like today we rode our luck, we actually looked a threat unlike last season. When the going got tough today the players Paddy brought in shone through with their experience as they never panicked and that is the real difference from last season, maybury and Clancy may have their limitations but they have the experience to cope with the pressure Killie put us under.

I think everybody played their part today and deserve pass marks.

Williams had some excellent saves but looks suspect at crosses. But lets face it we are never going to get the perfect goalie on our budget. 7

Clancy & Maybury put under pressure by tricky wingers but stuck in when we had to stay strong 7

McPake I felt he was caught out a number of times (maybe the wind had something to do with it as Killie defenders got caught the same) today but stuck to the task and still made a number of telling blocks when needed. 6

Hanlon I thought he was excellent today and really has had a good start to the season. 8

Deegan was slow off the mark today but really gets stuck in and improved as the game went on 6

Claros massive improvement and was our best midfielder today and never panicks which helps. 8

Cairney very impressed with him but felt moving him to the right wing led to him falling out the game. 7

Wotherspoon gave excellent width, which was certainly missed after he went off. I felt he was ok in first half but fell out of it in the second half. 6

Doyle ran his heart out and he and Griffiths look to be developing a good understanding. Even though offside at the end he finished well. 7

Griffiths superb game and worked his socks off but got his rewards. i hope he is not badly injured. 8

LeighLoyal
16-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Always fun to post these, and since nobody else has:

Williams. 8. Solid. Best keeper we have had in years.

Clancy. 7 Doesn't make mistakes, gets forward well.
McPake 8. Captain fantastic. Real leader on the park.
Hanlon 7. Maturing all the time, not the biggest CB but makes up for it ability wise.
Maybury 6. Didn't notice him much but did well enough

Spoon. 6 Crossing suspect but otherwise okay. got into good positions.
Claros 7.5. Showing he has pedigree. Several excellent interceptions and the one mistake he made he tracked back and tackled
Deegan 6 Could do with losing a few kg in my view, huffs and puffs a bit but played okay. I think he will improve.
Cairney 8 A real terrier, tackles well, gets forward very well and can pass, runs all day.

Doyle: 7.5 Thought he was excellent. Showed some real flashes of skill, unlucky not to bag a goal
Griffiths 8 All action hero, I really hope we can keep him.

hibsbollah
16-09-2012, 12:18 PM
We are far from the finished article and Paddy knows this but so far there are signs of improvement and though like today we rode our luck, we actually looked a threat unlike last season. When the going got tough today the players Paddy brought in shone through with their experience as they never panicked and that is the real difference from last season, maybury and Clancy may have their limitations but they have the experience to cope with the pressure Killie put us under.

I think everybody played their part today and deserve pass marks.

Williams had some excellent saves but looks suspect at crosses. But lets face it we are never going to get the perfect goalie on our budget. 7

Clancy & Maybury put under pressure by tricky wingers but stuck in when we had to stay strong 7

McPake I felt he was caught out a number of times (maybe the wind had something to do with it as Killie defenders got caught the same) today but stuck to the task and still made a number of telling blocks when needed. 6

Hanlon I thought he was excellent today and really has had a good start to the season. 8

Deegan was slow off the mark today but really gets stuck in and improved as the game went on 6

Claros massive improvement and was our best midfielder today and never panicks which helps. 8

Cairney very impressed with him but felt moving him to the right wing led to him falling out the game. 7

Wotherspoon gave excellent width, which was certainly missed after he went off. I felt he was ok in first half but fell out of it in the second half. 6

Doyle ran his heart out and he and Griffiths look to be developing a good understanding. Even though offside at the end he finished well. 7

Griffiths superb game and worked his socks off but got his rewards. i hope he is not badly injured. 8

Wasn't Cairney wide right first half too?

Hibs90
16-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Williams. 7.

Clancy. 7
McPake 8. Hero.
Hanlon 7.
Maybury 7.

Spoon. 7 Final ball a bit woeful but great going forward and tracking back.
Claros 8. If he keeps playing like he did yesterday then he'll win fans over.
Deegan 6 Was ok, didn't really notice him at times though.
Cairney 8

Doyle: 6.5. Him and Sparky link up well, makes alot of good runs but needs a goal I think.
Griffiths 9. When he has his head on, there is no stopping him. Superb. Permanent deal please.

Hibercelona
16-09-2012, 12:34 PM
About several threads down from this one, you'll find the title "Players Ratings". :wink:

007 Mickey Weir
16-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Williams. 7.

Clancy. 7
McPake 8. Hero.
Hanlon 7.
Maybury 7.

Spoon. 7 Final ball a bit woeful but great going forward and tracking back.
Claros 8. If he keeps playing like he did yesterday then he'll win fans over.
Deegan 6 Was ok, didn't really notice him at times though.
Cairney 8

Doyle: 6.5. Him and Sparky link up well, makes alot of good runs but needs a goal I think.
Griffiths 9. When he has his head on, there is no stopping him. Superb. Permanent deal please.

Pretty much how I saw it. Williams would have an 8 if he hadn't gifted them the equaliser. But great other than that. That was the best game I have seen Claros play. Finally looked more like the 'pitbull' he used to get called. If he keeps it up I would offer him a perm deal.

McKenzie
16-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Once again everyones love of Mcpake getting in the way of ratings. Thought Hanlon was better than him

HibeeN
16-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Once again everyones love of Mcpake getting in the way of ratings. Thought Hanlon was better than him

I agree. Made a few good blocks but a few mistakes too. Thought Hanlon and Clancy both had better games than him, and Maybury wasn't any worse either.

Still Captain Fantastic though!

McKenzie
16-09-2012, 01:33 PM
I agree. Made a few good blocks but a few mistakes too. Thought Hanlon and Clancy both had better games than him, and Maybury wasn't any worse either.

Still Captain Fantastic though!

Yeah don't get me wrong we need Mcpake as much as anybody, but yesterday wasn't his best game

JohnStephens91
16-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Williams - 7 - some great saves, but cost us a goal with a moment of madness. If it wasn't for him we'd have been looking at a probable defeat.

Clancy - 7 - solid and dependable SPL level defender who does his job well.
Hanlon - 8 - looks a much improved player from last season, always rated him and now he seems to be maturing into a quality player.
McPake - 7 - not his best game, but he still plays with his heart on his sleeve and is not afraid to get stuck into challenges and more often than not wins the ball.
Maybury - 7 - very solid game, I thought he coped well with the big physical player that Killie brought on as well, I think it was Gros.

Wotherspoon - 6 - sometimes he would do something brilliant, then sometimes he would do something poor. Great prospect and he will continue to improve in the position he is played in just now.
Deegan - 6 - poorest game he has had for us in the league I feel. Some of his passing was poor, he is a good player so hopefully this is just a form dip.
Claros - 9 - lost possession but worked his socks off to win it back, exemplified by his chase from the 18 yard box to over the half-way line, such an important player yesterday. I wanted him gone after his poor display in the cup final, I love it when I am proved wrong, quality player and is putting his body on the line for the team and is improving week after week. Hopefully his deal is extended or made permanent.
Cairney - 7 - had a great first half, but faded as the game wore on, won a penalty and has energy and commitment.

Griffiths - 8.5 - had a great game yesterday, fluffed his lines at times but two goals from a striker is all you can ask for. Hopefully his injury isn't too bad.
Doyle - 7 - such an intelligent player, he will score goals this season, his movement yesterday was great and he got into all kinds of dangerous positions and he has the ability to beat a player as well. Another player who has improved massively since last season.

Stevenson - 6 - slotted into the team well, will need to work hard to dislodge Claros and Deegan.
Caldwell - 6 - looks like a good player with confidence, some of his touches were poor but he will improve over time as he adjusts to first team football.
Sproule - N/A - didn't have much time to do anything

NAE NOOKIE
16-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Williams ... 7 ... great save one on one, though the striker helped by hesitating and another great save in the first half during a scramble in the box which I think some couldnt see from the East & West coz of all the players in the box at the time.

Clancy ... 7 ... thought he was steady all game and doesnt give much away.

Maybury ... 6 ... didnt do a lot going forward yesterday, but steady as usual.

Hanlon ... 8 ... one of his best games at ER and hardly put a foot wrong.

McPake ... 7 ... outshone a wee bit by Hanlon, but still tons of effort as usual.

Wotherspoon ... 6 ... would have been 7 if it wasnt for the fact that sometimes his final ball is pants .. got into good areas.

Deegan ... 5 ... Sorry to mark him down, but didnt really notice him much yesterday .. sure he will bounce back though.

Claros ... 8 ... my MOM ... hardly put a foot wrong, calm, composed and chased a Killie player 60 yards to make a tackle when he gave the ball away ... brilliant attitude.

Cairney ... 7 ... works really hard, can see a pass and always looked like he could create something yesterday .. getting to be a real fan of this guy, would like to see him a bit further up the park at times coz I'm sure he has goals in him. Wonder if he has any pals in division 1 who fancy a shot at the SPL.

Doyle ... 6 ... good movement again, but ran into a blind alley a couple of times when he could have passed or made room for a shot.

Griffiths ... 8 ... what can you say? ... our only real goal threat and delivers time after time ... nice touch with the kids when he had to come off too ....... we must start thinking what we are going to do if he ends up back at Wolves in January.

Subs:

Sproule ... 10 .... dont think he kicked the ball, but gets a 10 for his Ibrox hattrick ... so there.

Stevenson ... 4 ... did OK the short time he was on ... got to think he will end up a bit part player if Claros stays and Taiwo turns out to be the player we hope he is.

Caldwell ... 4 ... looks bigger every time I see him ... shows a few flashes of what could be a decent striker if he can get a run in the team.