PDA

View Full Version : If this is football armageddon........

theonlywayisup
15-09-2012, 05:14 PM
........can I have some more please.

A competitive league with Celtic in 5th place and Rangers nowhere to be seen (actually in 36th position)
Two teams playing with great attitudes, flowing movement and not afraid to pass the ball
Young players beginning to play with flair and maturity. I was impressed with one or two of the Killie youngsters.
Great backing from the home fans, not resorting to singing about battles that took place donkey years ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2168730/Rangers-booted-SPL-Scottish-rivals-reject-newco-appeal.html

thebakerboy
15-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Yes all the doom and gloom merchants have definitely been proved they know absolutely nothing about footbal , all they know about is Weegie bigotry. Lets have the rest of the season the same PLEASE.

Ozyhibby
15-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Still need the crowds to return to Easter road. That cup final done a lot of damage.

shetlandhibee
15-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Still need the crowds to return to Easter road. That cup final done a lot of damage.

:agree: at least 10,000 for the next match would be a great start to that

theonlywayisup
15-09-2012, 05:54 PM

Agree - we had 9,723 there today, which is a little bit more than we had against St. Johnstone, probably because it was a Hibs kids game today. I really feel that something good is happening at Easter Road. We do seem to be going in the right direction. I really hope that the fans start coming back in their thousands to support the team. It is clear to me that this is a different Hibs team from last season. Theonlywayisup!

Hibbyradge
15-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Excuses already.

Reasons, to be fair.

Dalkeith
15-09-2012, 06:08 PM
hugh keevins said on radio today that the reason celtic are so poor is because they need the newco as the rest dont provide a big enough challenge for them:aok:

Hibercelona
15-09-2012, 06:10 PM
hugh keevins said on radio today that the reason celtic are so poor is because they need the newco as the rest dont provide a big enough challenge for them:aok:

If they believe that to be the issue, then perhaps they should apply for the 3rd division and see how they fair with their other half.

steviehibsleith
15-09-2012, 06:10 PM

A competitive league with Celtic in 5th place and Rangers nowhere to be seen (actually in 36th position)
Two teams playing with great attitudes, flowing movement and not afraid to pass the ball
Young players beginning to play with flair and maturity. I was impressed with one or two of the Killie youngsters.
Great backing from the home fans, not resorting to singing about battles that took place donkey years ago
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2168730/Rangers-booted-SPL-Scottish-rivals-reject-newco-appeal.html

Agree with all you say but still think all club chairmen need to look at pricing if we really want to bring the fans back and have full stadiums.
IMO £15 for a adult and £10 for concession ticket is a good price. Today was £22 and £12 . £50 for adult to take his two kids up for 90 mins in current climate is too much for many .
PS i do know its only £46 but wife doesnt see it that way :greengrin

semaj64
15-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Heard a celtic fan on the radio get Jim Traynor's agreement with his suggestion that Celtic aren't doing so well because they miss the rivalry with The Rangers, It had also been suggested by a Rangers fan for their lack of form away from home.

Excuses already.

Maybe they are right why not set up a 2 team league and let the rest of us enjoy competition

FranckSuzy
15-09-2012, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=Dalkeith;3359916]hugh keevins said on radio today that the reason celtic are so poor is because they need the newco as the rest dont provide a big enough challenge for them:aok:[/QUOTE

I would understand that viewpoint if they were comfortably beating the other SPL teams, week in, week out. Are they? Nah! :greengrin

Ozyhibby
15-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Would we be similarly affected if Hearts were to go into liquidation?

Find out soon enough, hopefully.

tamig
15-09-2012, 07:02 PM
And still the clowns who made the outrageous predictions hang on to their nicely paid jobs. Ridiculous.

theonlywayisup
23-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Again some good young players on evidence today. Paterson at HaHaHertz looks a good player and only 17. Thought Caldwell did well yesterday, too.

500miles
23-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Health issues have kept me away from ER over the last few weeks, and for the next couple of months, but that half season ticket is top of my dream Christmas list.

Hank Schrader
23-09-2012, 10:45 PM
I was listening to Gray and Keys on Talksport on Wednesday morning. They had Murdo McLeod on to preview the Celtic v Benfica match that evening. When pressed about Celtics poor league form MM explained that not having Rangers in the league meant that Celtic didn't have that extra edge from the pressure of Rangers gaining points advantages if Celtic draw or lose games. He also said that the only thing on the Celtic players minds will be how many points they will win the league by. Total fanny.

jgl07
23-09-2012, 10:52 PM
I think that Hibs' problem is that Celtic and Rangers have not been good enough to stretch them over the years.

SteveHFC
24-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Again some good young players on evidence today. Paterson at HaHaHertz looks a good player and only 17. Thought Caldwell did well yesterday, too.

Ryan Fraser and Cameron Smith at Aberdeen look good prospects. :agree:

theonlywayisup
03-11-2012, 07:23 AM

Also, three (yes three) teams have the opportunity to go to the top of the league today. Actually, I would love all three teams to win to drop Celtic down to fourth position. It will send out a message that this league is more competitive than many in the past. Yes, Celtic will run away with the league eventually, but let's praise the competitiveness of the league today.

hibbybrian
03-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Also, three (yes three) teams have the opportunity to go to the top of the league today. Actually, I would love all three teams to win to drop Celtic down to fourth position. It will send out a message that this league is more competitive than many in the past. Yes, Celtic will run away with the league eventually, but let's praise the competitiveness of the league today.

Third Division is also very close with only 3 points between the top 3 and the 7th place only 7 points off the top :greengrin

Keith_M
03-11-2012, 12:20 PM

I agree that Celtc will most likely win the league but I actually think it's starting to look like they won't run away with it after all. I genuinely thought they'd be 20 points ahead of everyone else by the end of the season but now feel it'll be a lot closer.

Although, my pick for running them closest and a stick on for 2nd place was Dundee United, so what do I know :greengrin

Cropley10
03-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Of course Celtic would be miles in front if they had Rangers in the same league.

How's that for utter BS logic!