PDA

View Full Version : Turn-around for Jorge Claros

john18722
15-09-2012, 05:01 PM
I am the first to admit that after six months of last season I thought Claros was useless and I was dejected after his cup final performance and being substituted after 35 minutes. I thought that would be the end of him and his loan would be cancelled. I just want to say that the turnaround he has had this season has been unbelievable and I would like to commend him for this. He ran the show in midfield today and I can only remember him giving the ball away once. He had excellent close control, good passing and looked composed when in a tight position. He was my Man of the Match today.

Well done Jorge! Keep it up.

:thumbsup:

God Petrie
15-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Yes he was class against Celtic too.

john18722
15-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Yes he was class against Celtic too.

Your username is quality!

silverhibee
15-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Dis say once he had a pre=season and got up to the pace of the game he would be a good player for us this season. Jorge the crab. :greengrin

Bob Box Fish
15-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Thought his tracking was good today but his distribution needs to improve.

Stantons Angel
15-09-2012, 05:16 PM
I must admit i felt exactly the same about him last season and especially after the cup final too.

Today he showed us sight of just how good a player he is and can be for us. He did lose the ball today but chased back almost the length of the field to recover it.

Twice he cleared off the line and he ran and ran all day.

So i too have to say "well done" to him and hope he keeps it up!

HibeeN
15-09-2012, 05:37 PM
I thought he was good today. It can be frustrating sometimes as a spectator when you want to see an attack build quickly, because he does slow things down and look for the simple pass rather than play it forward and play more penetrative passes, but he is good at the job he does and I thought he covered a lot of ground today and worked very hard too. Hope he keeps improving as he has been much better recently.:thumbsup:

#FromTheCapital
15-09-2012, 05:41 PM
MoM for me. Had my doubts last season but we're starting to see a great player. Is he only here till January? Or is there an option to keep him longer? Would be gutted to lose him halfway through the season if he keeps playing like he did 2day.

hibsbollah
15-09-2012, 05:47 PM
If I was being cynical id say hes putting some extra effort with a view to a January move...
Whatever the reason, its great to have some composure in the middle.

CapitalHibs
15-09-2012, 07:13 PM
And that performance after a 10,000 mile plane trip this week:aok: Most people would be shattered.

Pretty Boy
15-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Claros is a class act. Hope we can sort something out until the end of the season at least.

Postman
15-09-2012, 07:35 PM
If I was being cynical id say hes putting some extra effort with a view to a January move...
Whatever the reason, its great to have some composure in the middle.

Thought he was excellent today and don't believe for one second that he's playing like that to get a move somewhere else in January. He tried early on when he arrived but things didn't come off for him and I'm pretty sure there is a hell of a difference between the SPL and the Honduran league so it took him time to adapt!

He was very good today and long may it continue. I for one really hope we can arrange something beyond January

Sir David Gray
15-09-2012, 07:42 PM
I had personally written him off after the way he played last season and I fully expected to read during the summer that his loan had been terminated.

However, there are some real signs that we are starting to see what Fenlon saw in him and why Rangers were after him too. He played well today, broke up the play quite effectively and put in some really good tackles.

Hopefully it continues and we could have a really good player on our hands for at least the next few months.

eebsie
15-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Excellent performance. Tackled anything that moved, closed space, picked decent passes, didn't try world cup passes, supported and made himself available. Let's hope he keeps it up. Good to have some presence in midfield, although they all seemed to fall out of the game between 75 - 85 mins.

Mango Man
15-09-2012, 07:47 PM
I actually am friends with a guy who hangs out with Jorge and his family quite a lot, helps him a bit with translating, apparently when he first came over a lot of the players weren't very welcoming and he was finding it very difficult to fit in, as we all could see, in Honduras he was a massive deal, getting mobbed when he goes outside etc, must have been really hard to adapt to the lifestyle here.

Not seen my mate for a few weeks, so not really had any recent gossip since he has actually been playing well, will keep you posted.

goosefat
15-09-2012, 07:52 PM
I agree he has improved and he does know how to pick out a pass.

My only gripe is that the pass he usually picks out ends up killing a potentially attacking move. I lost count of the times he passed the ball either sideways or back today. It's almost as if he's frightened of taking any kind of attacking risk so chooses to just pass the ball 3 feet the next green shirt.

I just wish he was a bit more creative.

Postman
15-09-2012, 07:58 PM
I agree he has improved and he does know how to pick out a pass.

My only gripe is that the pass he usually picks out ends up killing a potentially attacking move. I lost count of the times he passed the ball either sideways or back today. It's almost as if he's frightened of taking any kind of attacking risk so chooses to just pass the ball 3 feet the next green shirt.

I just wish he was a bit more creative.

Absolute nosense!

Judas Iscariot
15-09-2012, 08:06 PM
I must admit i felt exactly the same about him last season and especially after the cup final too.

Today he showed us sight of just how good a player he is and can be for us. He did lose the ball today but chased back almost the length of the field to recover it.

Twice he cleared off the line and he ran and ran all day.

So i too have to say "well done" to him and hope he keeps it up!

:agree:

That's why he's nicknamed the "Pitbull" nowt to do with his tackling etc..

Think people got too hung up on the nickname and what they thought we were getting rather than wait and see how the guy plays..

Said all along that he was a proper "Football player" ball on the deck, keeps possession, clever when on the ball..

I hope Hibs can sign him permanently as he's a class act!

Finally getting the recognition he deserves, well done Jorge :aok:

LeighLoyal
15-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Thought Claros was very good, although Cairney was pick of the midfield for me.

mim
15-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Claros is a class act. Hope we can sort something out until the end of the season at least.

This. :agree:

His quality has always been staringly obvious (except, it would seem, to the majority of Hibs supporters).

Bishop Hibee
15-09-2012, 08:46 PM
He looks better with better players around him. Got stuck in and found a Hibs player with most passes.

Fenlon has steadied the ship with the signings he's made. The next stage is to be a bit more creative as a team as we'd be stuffed if Griffiths leaves or gets injured.

Borderhibbie76
15-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Amazingly still some fans getting on his back, after one misplaced pass today someone sat behind me in ff stand screamed "claros ur s***". Shocking! I think he has been class so far this season

Cabbage East
15-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Claros was superb today. Man of the match for me. He has really altered his game to suit the SPL. Best player on the park today.

The Harp
15-09-2012, 09:11 PM
If it hadn't been for Leigh's goals then I think Claros would have been man of the match without a doubt.
Great performance - keep it up Jorge!

Barney McGrew
16-09-2012, 06:36 AM
If it hadn't been for Leigh's goals then I think Claros would have been man of the match without a doubt.
Great performance - keep it up Jorge!

For me he still was MOTM.

He's been what we've been crying out for in the middle, someone who does the simple things really well. Keep the ball and move it on.

bingo70
16-09-2012, 06:53 AM
For me he still was MOTM.

He's been what we've been crying out for in the middle, someone who does the simple things really well. Keep the ball and move it on.

Don't disagree regarding claros but I was hoping once we had this type of player we'd start dominating games again, as it is though I'm still a bit unsure as to what it is we're lacking in midfield?

hibsbollah
16-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Don't disagree regarding claros but I was hoping once we had this type of player we'd start dominating games again, as it is though I'm still a bit unsure as to what it is we're lacking in midfield?

What we're lacking in midfield is glaringly obvious IMO, a Zemmama type who can beat a defender and create by linking with the strikers. Cairney looks like the best candidate for this role just now, although hes positioned too deep for that.

bingo70
16-09-2012, 07:24 AM
What we're lacking in midfield is glaringly obvious IMO, a Zemmama type who can beat a defender and create by linking with the strikers. Cairney looks like the best candidate for this role just now, although hes positioned too deep for that.

So who would get dropped for that kind of player? I like us playing two up front but if we're doing that there's only so many central midfielders we can have

Carheenlea
16-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Claros has turned around nothing. It was clear from day one that he was a quality player. What has turned around is the quality of player alongside him, players who can read each other better than what Jorge was contending with last season.

allezsauzee
16-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Claros has turned around nothing. It was clear from day one that he was a quality player. What has turned around is the quality of player alongside him, players who can read each other better than what Jorge was contending with last season.

You've hit the nail on the head there

Leishy1995
16-09-2012, 08:02 AM
If you complain about taking the simple option instead of constantly attacking where have you been since 08? Spain have won 3 straight tournaments doing it.

LancashireHibby
16-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Thought he was just floating about a bit last year and didn't fancy getting stuck in, but he was superb yesterday and really rolled his sleeves up. Worked his nads off and covered every inch of the park. Well done to him, hope he keeps it up.

NAE NOOKIE
16-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Got to agree he looks better and better with each passing game MOM for me yesterday too, when LG got the nod over the tannoy yesterday a lot of folk around me were saying they had fancied Claros for it. I do agree though that better harder working players around him doesnt hurt.

HibbyAndy
16-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Simply outstanding.

Sweep
16-09-2012, 10:09 AM
MoM for me. Had my doubts last season but we're starting to see a great player. Is he only here till January? Or is there an option to keep him longer? Would be gutted to lose him halfway through the season if he keeps playing like he did 2day.

:agree: my man of the match too. Thought he broke up a lot of their play by being at the right place at the right time.

Cocaine&Caviar
16-09-2012, 10:13 AM
So who would get dropped for that kind of player? I like us playing two up front but if we're doing that there's only so many central midfielders we can have

4-3-1-2

Williams
Clancy-McPake-Hanlon-McGivern

------Cairney-Deegan-Claros--------
-----------------Wotherspoon-----------
-----------Griffiths----Kuqi---------------

This has Cairney, Spoon & Griffiths all in their best position IMO

HibeeN
16-09-2012, 10:28 AM
4-3-1-2

Williams
Clancy-McPake-Hanlon-McGivern

------Cairney-Deegan-Claros--------
-----------------Wotherspoon-----------
-----------Griffiths----Kuqi---------------

This has Cairney, Spoon & Griffiths all in their best position IMO

I mostly like the look of this team. :agree:

I've not actually seen Kuqi play yet, so can't really comment on him, but I think dropping Doyle would be harsh. He doesn't seem to get into many goal-scoring positions himself, which is obviously something to be worked on, but he works very with with Griffiths in terms of his movement and pulling defenders out of position, allowing Leigh more space to do this thing.

Also, unless McGivern is performing really well in training, I think Fenlon would find it difficult to justify dropping Maybury, who (derby mistake aside) has been very solid for us in terms of performances and bringing experience to the team. Mentioned this in another thread, but it was he who ran straight up to Cairney and pulled him away after the penalty incident to stop it getting any worse. But it's hard to say, having not seen McGivern play.

.Sean.
16-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Very Barry Ferguson-esque. I really like him.

Cocaine&Caviar
16-09-2012, 12:24 PM
I mostly like the look of this team. :agree:

I've not actually seen Kuqi play yet, so can't really comment on him, but I think dropping Doyle would be harsh. He doesn't seem to get into many goal-scoring positions himself, which is obviously something to be worked on, but he works very with with Griffiths in terms of his movement and pulling defenders out of position, allowing Leigh more space to do this thing.

Also, unless McGivern is performing really well in training, I think Fenlon would find it difficult to justify dropping Maybury, who (derby mistake aside) has been very solid for us in terms of performances and bringing experience to the team. Mentioned this in another thread, but it was he who ran straight up to Cairney and pulled him away after the penalty incident to stop it getting any worse. But it's hard to say, having not seen McGivern play.

Yeah I agree with your points completely.

But long term, I think the team would benefit from a more attacking minded left back if we're sticking with Clancy on the right, and these are especially important if playing a narrow midfield, which I believe McGivern to be.

Also think that Doyle has contributed a lot to the team. But over the course of a season i think we will need a more physical outlet up top, ideally a Daly or Higdon which has goals, or one of Caldwell or Kuqi if we are having to stick with what we have.

Cairney more central, and Worherspoon threading passes from behind a front 2 would be ideal IMO

JohnStephens91
16-09-2012, 01:51 PM
I wanted him gone after the cup final performance, I'm glad he has proven me wrong, he has been fantastic with a preseason under his belt, hopefully he continues to improve and we keep him on until at the very least the end of the season. He looked decent in spells last season, St Mirren at Easter Road is one example (0-0 game) and the 3-1 win at Killie as well, now he is showing it in all the matches he is playing. Great stuff from Jorge!

EdinMike
16-09-2012, 02:00 PM
I think he's been great for the last few weeks, not just yesterday. Although I think some people just have a hard time accepting it after last season and "That day that shall not be mentioned.."

Liked at HT as the players were going into the tunnel Maybury had his arm round him and was saying something...Wonder what it was, or if Jorge understood it :greengrin

Heisenberg
16-09-2012, 02:06 PM
I think he's been great for the last few weeks, not just yesterday. Although I think some people just have a hard time accepting it after last season and "That day that shall not be mentioned.."

Liked at HT as the players were going into the tunnel Maybury had his arm round him and was saying something...Wonder what it was, or if Jorge understood it :greengrin

He did the same at kick off too. It's good to see the players taking time to make sure he fully understands his job/tactics etc. Maybe something he wouldnt have had last season.

Kato
16-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Your username is quality!

Think it's rubbish - as is yours.

DaveF
22-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Unusual but nice wee touch to have Claros bring his young kid onto the park before the start of the game.

If it makes him play as well as he did today, then we should make it a regular thing :agree:

fat freddy
22-09-2012, 06:58 PM
we cant allow this to become a habit...what if leigh griffiths decides he wants to bring his kids onto the park before a game?...there will be no room left for the team to do their warm up in...

Northernhibee
22-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Top bloke. Would love to keep him at Hibs.

Scouse Hibee
22-09-2012, 07:02 PM
we cant allow this to become a habit...what if leigh griffiths decides he wants to bring his kids onto the park before a game?...there will be no room left for the team to do their warm up in...

Griffiths had his wee boy on the pitch today about 2.15 when the keepers were out warming up. The wee man had a kick about on the pitch.

Franck Stanton
22-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Starting to see the best of him this season. Not the same player as last season, will be missed IF he goes in January. Contender for MoM today.

greenlex
22-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Griffiths had his wee boy on the pitch today about 2.15 when the keepers were out warming up. The wee man had a kick about on the pitch.

Did his laddie get a kick too?:greengrin

nonshinyfinish
22-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Did his laddie get a kick too?:greengrin

Couldn't get near the ball, Leigh megged him twice. Not Hibs class.

Fergos
22-09-2012, 07:14 PM
The Honduran Hibees really showing form now.....great to see.

Time for some Honduran flags....?

Well Done Jorge!!!

marleyhib
25-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Thought he was easily the best player on the pitch on Saturday.

Goes a bit sideways too often but showed some real class and more positivity. With more confidence and a better midfield he has around him this season hopefully we are seeing the real Jorge.

Have we only got him until January?

allezsauzee
25-09-2012, 07:28 PM
He's been getting better and better every week. With Deegs sitting in he should hopefully start getting forward a bit more. Hopefully we can get him and Leigh signed up for a bit longer

Piqué
25-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Hopefully we have an option to extend his loan or make the deal permanent for a reasonable fee.

7heaven
25-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Hopefully we have an option to extend his loan or make the deal permanent for a reasonable fee.

Late on in saturdays game he chased back and won a tackle near his own byline.
Not the quickest but looks the part

gackohibs
25-09-2012, 08:38 PM
He always finds a green shirt. Sideways or not, he never gives the ball away. Cracking player this season. I hope we can sign him longer with sparky!!

Greendub
26-09-2012, 07:10 AM
If Leigh and him keep up the good form, we struggle to keep them.

kentao
26-09-2012, 12:19 PM
I was a big doubter of Claros last term but he looks a new player with Deegsy next to him, I was paying particular attention to the pair of them against ICT. The system that they play works well. One will stand off whilst the other attacks the ball or the man forcing a mistake to allow us to regain possession. Like others have said Claros rarely hits a stray pass.

I still think we need to strengthen in the wide areas of midfield but i am happy with the results and performances so far and i put this down to a strong spine within the team.

GGTTH

banana1875
27-09-2012, 09:37 AM
He's been a stand out for me since coming in after Lewis got injured. My MOTM last 2 games. Quickly becoming my fave player. Hope he like the rest of the team can keep the momentum going.

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2012, 10:29 AM
I was a big doubter of Claros last term but he looks a new player with Deegsy next to him, I was paying particular attention to the pair of them against ICT. The system that they play works well. One will stand off whilst the other attacks the ball or the man forcing a mistake to allow us to regain possession. Like others have said Claros rarely hits a stray pass.

I still think we need to strengthen in the wide areas of midfield but i am happy with the results and performances so far and i put this down to a strong spine within the team.

GGTTH

:agree:

JimBHibees
27-09-2012, 10:48 AM

GGTTH

Agree thought he was excellent on Saturday. Probably fitter and will be more settled in the Scottish game and also his personal life if his family are now over here. He will only get better IMO.

Pretty Boy
27-09-2012, 11:01 AM
I said last season, and was met with a fair old Hibs.net reaction, that Claros was the type of player who would look better in an improved team. His performances this season back up my point.

The pitbull name is a bit misleading, he's never going to really grab a game by the scruff of the neck. However he break up play nicely, keeps it simple and keeps things ticking over. That's frustrates people when things aren't going well but with a half decent team it looks better and calms things down when it gets frantic. If we can keep hold of him in January and add an out and out winger he might get even better!

LeighLoyal
27-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Hope we can keep him. :aok:

.Sean.
27-09-2012, 11:53 AM
I reckon we'll have the option to buy him in January, I certainly hope so. He's quality. He's like Barry Ferguson in that he doesn't lose possession, breaks up the play and is always there for a pass. But he's obviously better as he's not a moany little Hun that you'd love to boot up in the air.