PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Killie - who was your MOTM?

theonlywayisup
15-09-2012, 04:58 PM
There is probably one clear winner, but him aside I thought Williams (their goal aside), Claros and Doyle had good games too.

john18722
15-09-2012, 05:04 PM
There is probably one clear winner, but him aside I thought Williams (their goal aside), Claros and Doyle had good games too.

Definitely Claros for me. Started another thread about him but he was excellent in midfield today. Close control, passing, tackling, effort. It was all there today.

Piqué
15-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Griffiths for me with Cairney a close second.

theonlywayisup
15-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Definitely Claros for me. Started another thread about him but he was excellent in midfield today. Close control, passing, tackling, effort. It was all there today.

Would not disagree with any of that. He was good, very good. I like the bit when he lost possession near their box, but then chased the player for quite a distance then won the ball back. Take a bow son!

hibee_girl
15-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Has to be Griffiths for his goals but Cairney also deserved it :agree::agree:

mutley
15-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Griffiths for me with Cairney a close second.

I'll second that , hope sparky's injury isn't too severe though,

patch1875
15-09-2012, 05:17 PM
It's great to have a midfield that doesn't get bossed around anymore

martin63
15-09-2012, 05:22 PM
For me the hardest one to call so far this season. I gave it to cairney but a close call between him claros and clancy. Surprised clancy has no votes as I thought he done a terrific job of covering mc pake who was never at the races today

thebakerboy
15-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Voted for Claros because he made it all look so easy but he covered miles of the park tackled well and passed well , closely followed by Sparky for the goals (years since I saw a goal from a corner) and Paul Cairney was very good as well.

erin go bragh
15-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Claros for me ,just ahead of Griffiths and Cairney . :flag:

ggtth

shetlandhibee
15-09-2012, 05:28 PM
I don't think Doyle or wotherspoon get enough credit. Whole team looks very stable, solid & when needed to be very creative:aok:

Keep it guys GGTTH

HibeeN
15-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Cairney for me. :agree: Faded a bit in the second half but thought he was excellent in the first in terms of pushing forward and getting into attacking positions. Fought hard, made some good passes, won a penalty. Hope he keeps up the excellent work. :top marks

whiskyhibby
15-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Claros, had a great game today and saved the 3 points for us at the end with an immense brave block

saltandsauce
15-09-2012, 05:36 PM
For me it was hanlon

Northernhibee
15-09-2012, 05:40 PM
For me it was hanlon

Me too.

So far this season he's looked like a very, very important part of the team. Second name on the teamsheet IMO.

Makaveli
15-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Hanlon was superb again. Cairney used the ball well as did Doyle, and Claros seems to be improving by the game.

I understand Griffiths getting it but personally can't look past Hanlon.

bingo70
15-09-2012, 05:42 PM
He probably wasn't man of the match but i picked Clancy as i thought he deserved a mention. Been a bit unsure of him since he joined but i thought defensively he was really good today.

lucky
15-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Claros had his best game for Hibs so I gave it to him

twiceinathens
15-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Imagine having to pick from a number of sound performances rather than picking the best of the worst:confused:

Deek01
15-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Thought Clancy didn't put a foot wrong the whole game, very consistent performer !

Saorsa
15-09-2012, 06:40 PM
For me it was hanlon

Me too.

So far this season he's looked like a very, very important part of the team. Second name on the teamsheet IMO.

Hanlon was superb again. Cairney used the ball well as did Doyle, and Claros seems to be improving by the game.

I understand Griffiths getting it but personally can't look past Hanlon.:agree:

gegs70
15-09-2012, 06:46 PM
I thought williams did well. Best game ive seen claros have, he misplaced a pass then sprinted back to put in a good tackle. Griffiths up front worked hard certainly our best forward so wouldnt argue with any of the 3.

Franck Stanton
15-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Changed days at Easter Road - for too long there hasn't been much of a debate about MoM awards, mainly because most/if not all were total garbage week in week out. Today however, at least 4 players could have been awarded it without much of an argument. Thought Claros, Griffith, Hanlon and Clancy were all outstanding, each putting in a performance worthy of the award. Me? I voted Claros who IMO just shaded it for his workrate.

theonlywayisup
15-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Changed days at Easter Road - for too long there hasn't been much of a debate about MoM awards, mainly because most/if not all were total garbage week in week out. Today however, at least 4 players could have been awarded it without much of an argument. Thought Claros, Griffith, Hanlon and Clancy were all outstanding, each putting in a performance worthy of the award. Me? I voted Claros who IMO just shaded it for his workrate.

:agree: and what about Williams saves just after we had scored. They were fantastic saves.

Postman
15-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Thought Clancy didn't put a foot wrong the whole game, very consistent performer !

Clancy could have been a contender for man of the match if he hadn't been beaten soundly by their winger twice in about five minutes in the second half putting us in trouble. That aside he's had a very solid start at ER

down-the-slope
15-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Hanlon - didn't get anything wrong and bailed McPake (who was by his standards a wee bit off form - counted 6 occasions when he was caught under the ball, 3 leading to chances that Hanlon covered) out a number of times. Also his distribution was good (which is one area that has sometimes been less so)

Claros / Sparky / Clancy / Cairney in that order were all well above average. Doyle worked his socks off and won far more headers than he has in past - he is combining well and when he gets a couple of goals we will see him on a run.

Its good that with McPake / Deegan and Spoony a wee bit below par we can still show enough through teamwork to get a result

theonlywayisup
15-09-2012, 08:20 PM
I am surprised that no-one has voted for Doyle. I thought he had a good game. His run near the end would have been goal of the season if he could have bent it round the goalie instead of shooting straight at him.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Claros, by a distance. Tim Clancy though is shaping up as a Paul Fenwick or Gary Smith type of signing. Initiial reaction of WTF is receding with every game.

sbell1875
15-09-2012, 08:39 PM
I went for Hanlon. I can't recall a single error and some of his long passes were exceptional. I've always felt he had the potential and I think having McPake there has really improved his self confidence.

Without a doubt a future captain of Hibernian FC if we can keep a hold of him.

Claros definitely deserves a mention though as he was solid. I recall one moment he lost the ball and chased easily 30-40 yards and put in an excellent challenge to win the ball back. I hope we can keep a hold of him come January.

Lee
15-09-2012, 08:42 PM
He probably wasn't man of the match but i picked Clancy as i thought he deserved a mention. Been a bit unsure of him since he joined but i thought defensively he was really good today.

I went for Sparky, but - totally agree - thought Clancy had a great game today

KingFranck
15-09-2012, 09:21 PM
I went for Claros as previously said he made 1 mistake and tracked back about 3/4 of the pitch to put a tackle in well done Jorge

Hovehibby
15-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Claros for me as well, getting the speed of the SPL now and that performance hopefully will be a sign of things to come

kevinc
15-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Claros for me

Twiglet
15-09-2012, 11:52 PM
I voted Claros as i thought he was involved a lot, when we were standing off them he would go in a try to challenge them, he nipped at them.
Hope he continues to get more involved and passionate about each game.

Johnny0762
16-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Claros looks a different player up top, playing with a lot more confidence. Totally in about them which he is not so far famed for, some really nice clever no nonsense passing but he just as easily and ffs frustratingly needlessly gives the ball away. What summed up his improved attitude for me was seeing him make this very sort of school boy error then chase back 40 yards (2nd half) to put the ball out out of touch.

Doyle gives you a shift and plenty running, a few deft silky touches today, but it's just not falling for him. A goal or two may see him settle into his game.

I like the boy Cairney and dare I say it Maybury doesn't look out of place in that jersey putting in a shift.

MOTM .. Paul Hanlon. Totally transformed in beside McPake and today had his head on almost everything coming into the box.

soupy
16-09-2012, 12:53 AM
Claros for me...

StevieC
16-09-2012, 01:38 AM
Hanlon for me, he was superb today.

I'm also surprised though that Doyle isn't getting much of a mention. He looked today like a player that has come on leaps and bounds. Holding players off and some excellent turns to get goal-side of defenders.

Cabbage East
16-09-2012, 02:04 AM
Griffiths, Hanlon and McPake were excellent but Claros was the business today, he did it all. Pleasure to watch.

Shaggy
16-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Williams kept hibs in it,
hibs defenders colliding with him cost the goal, was amazingly focused when they were played through one on one., I think we have found an all round keeper after all these years. (Yeah I luvd Stacky too).

Claros fans.... he had great individual moments of ability today, but please watch him off the ball especially when they are in possession,
he covers no areas and has never marked a player since wearing a hibs shirt,
he just wanders about everywhere leaving holes in the mid field. I wouldnt miss him at all, Spooneys decline is making him look good

whereswallace?
16-09-2012, 01:53 PM

:agree: Likewise. Thought he was brilliant. Doesnt do anything spectacular to stand out but that's the sign of a good defender, does his job and does it well. Good solid player. One point in the first half killie broke and Clancy spotted a run from the killie player and tracked it from about halfway and got in to clear the ball. Really like him, just what we've needed IMO.