PDA

View Full Version : Sect43 monthly update - August

Sect43
14-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Sect43 monthly update - August
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii56/Frazermain/sect43hibslogoII.jpg

Throughout the summer Sect43 have been working behind the scenes on ideas that will help continue, and improve, it's efforts from last season. The group is on the right path and wants to grow in it's bid to bring back a good atmosphere at Easter Road, as well as at away matches. The purchase of a smaller drum, which can be taken to more stadiums, will prove a useful addition, and help various songs become louder, and at a pace which suits the chant. This has already had an effect such as at the Derby, where the song 'Alee Alee Aleh Ohhh' caught on well and has become more recognised with a larger proportion of the support than last season.

The atmosphere at the derby was fantastic, and aided by a good performance on the park, was one of the loudest supports in recent seasons. This match was followed by another few games which saw the volume among the Hibs fans at a good level, which will hopefully be the start of a season in which we can turn Easter Road into a fortress, and have a loud away support. As well as a loud vocal support at games, the group is always trying to add colour to the stands. Sect43 scarves have been a big success and have sold very well among fans. As well as scarves, numerous flags and 2-sticks have been designed, and will soon begin the process of being made by members of Sect43. The banner at Celtic Park, "we were first to wear the green", was also a success, in a match which saw the away support in good numbers, and again singing for 90 minutes.

Certain members within Sect43 are in constant talks with the club about new ideas to the singing section, which recently led to the approval of the drum. This good relationship with the board will hopefully continue as more ideas are being brought up and discussed to try and improve the atmosphere within the stadium.

Away from the stands, the group has decided to sponsor Hibs Girls U17 striker Rebecca McArthur. A report on the sponsorship can be found here (http://www.hibsgirls.co.uk/#/news/4561839742/Fans-Rally-Together-To-Sponsor-Youth/3369364)

Sect43 - Nulli Secundus.

RoYO!
14-09-2012, 02:14 PM
You guys are happy with that crest ye? Think that will get less people over. And doesn't seem to be in keeping with the sec 43 message. Just my opinion of course.

wearethehibs
14-09-2012, 02:40 PM
You guys are happy with that crest ye? Think that will get less people over. And doesn't seem to be in keeping with the sec 43 message. Just my opinion of course.

I like it. Keep up the good work

Saorsa
14-09-2012, 02:43 PM

Throughout the summer Sect43 have been working behind the scenes on ideas that will help continue, and improve, it's efforts from last season. The group is on the right path and wants to grow in it's bid to bring back a good atmosphere at Easter Road, as well as at away matches. The purchase of a smaller drum, which can be taken to more stadiums, will prove a useful addition, and help various songs become louder, and at a pace which suits the chant. This has already had an effect such as at the Derby, where the song 'Alee Alee Aleh Ohhh' caught on well and has become more recognised with a larger proportion of the support than last season.I thought it also kept good time with the Mercer song and helped that catch on too :agree:

shetlandhibee
14-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Great ideas keep it up! Will the drum be at pittodrie?:top marks

shetlandhibee
14-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Or some flags? :party:

Cabbage East
14-09-2012, 03:02 PM

What crest, the boy with the scarf on his face? What's wrong with it?

Chuck Rhoades
14-09-2012, 03:06 PM
I thought it also kept good time with the Mercer song and helped that catch on too :agree:

:devil:

Saorsa
14-09-2012, 03:08 PM
:devil:Damn :greengrin

Liam89
14-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Love what you guys are doing and its much appreciated amongst the hibs support but I agree with a previous poster who said the crest is a bit of a turn off - seems a bit yob like to me and not in keeping with the motives of the group, just my honest opinion!

Scouse Hibee
14-09-2012, 03:15 PM
What crest, the boy with the scarf on his face? What's wrong with it?

It's sinister and creates the wrong image. Apart from religious reasons anything that hides your face and just shows your eyes is connected with wrong doing in most peoples eyes, the outlaw connection.

SMAXXA
14-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Maybe they are just stonkingly ugly so need to hide their coupin?

Skanko79
14-09-2012, 04:30 PM
anyone who is being serious that the logo gives of the wrong immpression or image seriously needs to take a look at themselves. its a logo from a supporters group that follows a football club, not the local gardening commitee.

RoYO!
14-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Just saying it looks more apt for hibs ultras etc than a supporters group just trying to get a much needed atmosphere going. And as I said, just my opinion.

LancashireHibby
14-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Just saying it looks more apt for hibs ultras etc than a supporters group just trying to get a much needed atmosphere going. And as I said, just my opinion.
Can definitely see that viewpoint but hopefully that perception may be changed, in Hibs circles at least, with the continued good work of the Sect43 guys :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
14-09-2012, 05:58 PM
anyone who is being serious that the logo gives of the wrong immpression or image seriously needs to take a look at themselves. its a logo from a supporters group that follows a football club, not the local gardening commitee.

No you need to accept that no matter what you think, many people do get the wrong impression when they see images like that, it's a fact not something that you can dismiss with a silly comment about local gardening committees. We all know who they are/what they stand for, others that don't think there is a sinister side to it.

Skanko79
14-09-2012, 06:00 PM
No you need to accept that no matter what you think, many people do get the wrong impression when they see images like that, it's a fact not something that you can dismiss with a silly comment about local gardening committees. We all know who they are/what they stand for, others that don't think there is a sinister side to it.

so, being honest, when you look at it what immpression do you get?

Pete
14-09-2012, 06:05 PM
There's always something, eh?

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Dundee fan and an Arab at my work asked me what the club were doing about the casuals on the terraces, just based on that logo.

Scouse Hibee
14-09-2012, 06:07 PM
so, being honest, when you look at it what immpression do you get?

When I first saw it I thought it was a veiled attempt at young casuals getting together to cause bother. I showed the image to about twenty odd people at the time as part of a marketing project scenario and asked them to give me their feedback on what the logo/brand/image meant to them and none of the responses showed it in a positive light.

By the way this isn't a dig at Sect 43 as I fully support their objectives, it's merely a response to a post on here.

Hibs90
14-09-2012, 06:14 PM
There's always something, eh?

People just **** stirring, nothing better to do with their lives.

Keep the logo guys.

DC_Hibs
14-09-2012, 06:16 PM
When I first saw it I thought it was a veiled attempt at young casuals getting together to cause bother. I showed the image to about twenty odd people at the time as part of a marketing project scenario and asked them to give me their feedback on what the logo/brand/image meant to them and none of the responses showed it in a positive light.

By the way this isn't a dig at Sect 43 as I fully support their objectives, it's merely a response to a post on here.

"It's magic you know, casuals and chinos (and plimsolls) don't go".
One look at their One Direction influenced styling will set those minds at rest.
To be fair to the 43 boys, I notice that a load of young blades are dressed like fekn clowns these days.

I hope they do steer clear of attempting to be an "Ultras group" and concentrate on singing and displays as I've never seen a good attempt yet in the UK and that includes the kiddy on tramps in Glasgow.

Leave the "against modern football" banners behind....especially when glued to the champions league every other week with your Man U tops on.

Cabbage East
14-09-2012, 06:18 PM

Jesus wept. Casuals? Wearing scarves? Really?

Pretty Boy
14-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Can see the point some guys are making to honest.

First of all the logo doesn't bother me and section 43 have 'won me round' if you like. However it doesn't bother me because I know what group it belongs to. Like it or not a logo with someone covering their face can have a negative effect.

Not saying its a major issue but don't think it can just be dismissed either.

Scouse Hibee
14-09-2012, 06:20 PM
People just **** stirring, nothing better to do with their lives.

Keep the logo guys.

As opposed to people with nothing useful to say other than going onto threads which after all are for discussion and accusing people of stirring, now that's someone who has nothing better to do with their lives!

matty_f
14-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Can see the point some guys are making to honest.

First of all the logo doesn't bother me and section 43 have 'won me round' if you like. However it doesn't bother me because I know what group it belongs to. Like it or not a logo with someone covering their face can have a negative effect.

Not saying its a major issue but don't think it can just be dismissed either.

Pretty much what I think as well. :agree:

Scouse Hibee
Jesus wept. Casuals? Wearing scarves? Really?

FFS you know what I meant HOOLIGANS, NEDS or whatever else you want to call them!!!

Since90+2
"It's magic you know, casuals and chinos (and plimsolls) don't go".
One look at their One Direction influenced styling will set those minds at rest.
To be fair to the 43 boys, I notice that a load of young blades are dressed like fekn clowns these days.

I hope they do steer clear of attempting to be an "Ultras group" and concentrate on singing and displays as I've never seen a good attempt yet in the UK and that includes the kiddy on tramps in Glasgow.

Leave the "against modern football" banners behind....especially when glued to the champions league every other week with your Man U tops on.

Forgetting their politics I do think the Green Brigade are pretty decent at creating an atmosphere. They have some quality banners and chants ect.

superbam
14-09-2012, 06:56 PM
The crest looks quality, keep it. And keep up all the good work. You guys have started to inject some life into one of the most passive supports in scottish football, persevere and dont listen to the moanies.

Jonnyboy
14-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Yep, ditch the scarf face guy and have him chucking a flare instead :thumbsup:

:wink:

Just Alf
14-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Good work guys.

Ps... That's it. ;-)

NAE NOOKIE
14-09-2012, 07:23 PM
The crest looks quality, keep it. And keep up all the good work. You guys have started to inject some life into one of the most passive supports in scottish football, persevere and dont listen to the moanies.

Check out my posts on ANY thread relating to section 43. I love what they are trying to do and have nothing but praise for the huge effort they put in. I dont even really have a problem with the logo to be honest ..... It looks a wee bit dangerous which will be 'cool' for the younger members of the group I dare say.

But lets be honest here. To outsiders the logo can ( and will ) be misinterpreted. If I was shown that logo without any prior knowledge and was told it belonged to a fans group of a football club I would have plumped for some right wing ultras from Italy or the Balkans.

Its a minor point though, because by and large sect 43 have so far built a good reputation for themselves ... perhaps the logo could be tweeked a wee bit to deflect folk who might try to give it a meaning its not supposed to have.

ronaldo7
14-09-2012, 07:59 PM

I think youre right. Maybe we could have an earing, and some grey hair for the auld yins, and some eye liner for the wummin, and a dummy tit for the bairns ;-))

superbam
14-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Check out my posts on ANY thread relating to section 43. I love what they are trying to do and have nothing but praise for the huge effort they put in. I dont even really have a problem with the logo to be honest ..... It looks a wee bit dangerous which will be 'cool' for the younger members of the group I dare say.

But lets be honest here. To outsiders the logo can ( and will ) be misinterpreted. If I was shown that logo without any prior knowledge and was told it belonged to a fans group of a football club I would have plumped for some right wing ultras from Italy or the Balkans.

Its a minor point though, because by and large sect 43 have so far built a good reputation for themselves ... perhaps the logo could be tweeked a wee bit to deflect folk who might try to give it a meaning its not supposed to have.

I disagree. I think it will very much be a minority of people who are intimidated by a graphic featuring some dude with a scarf over their face, and I very much doubt such folk will be people likely to have got on board with what sect 43 is trying to do anyway. But I appreciate the ultras culture is fairly new to scotland so some people might take some adjusting, in most countries in europe it is pretty standard and such imagery would not bat an eyelid, and certainly not be associated automatically with the far right.

wearethehibs
14-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Well I did make a new logo that might have pleased everybody. But I cant upload pictures directly from my phone/computer so you'll never see how good it is :(

Craig_in_Prague
14-09-2012, 08:17 PM
What I like about my local team here is no matter the score ALL players line up together and acknowledge the fans at the end... If they have played piss then they still do it but you can clearly see they are subdued and body language shows dissapointment...whilst fans may still applaud but with less enthusiasm ....
Its common in many foriegn countries I guess but I do like it and shows a togetherness between fans and players.
I think the current team are starting to show some fight and it would be nice if this end of game 'mutual respect' could happen at Hibs?

superbam
14-09-2012, 08:19 PM
What I like about my local team here is no matter the score ALL players line up together and acknowledge the fans at the end... If they have played piss then they still do it but you can clearly see they are subdued and body language shows dissapointment...whilst fans may still applaud but with less enthusiasm ....
Its common in many foriegn countries I guess but I do like it and shows a togetherness between fans and players.
I think the current team are starting to show some fight and it would be nice if this end of game 'mutual respect' could happen at Hibs?

This is standard across Europe would be great to see this at Hibs - i think a culture of this as easter road is developing...

Chuck Rhoades
14-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Scrap the updates in future Fraze mate, not worth the hassle.

marinello59
14-09-2012, 08:49 PM

Or just ignore the negative stuff and keep them coming.:thumbsup:
Unfortunately negative voices are much louder than positive voices. That doesn't mean that the majority dont appreciate what Section 43 are trying to do. Keep up the good work guys. :agree:

Saorsa
14-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Cannae believe people are getting their knickers in a twist over that badge.

Jonnyboy
14-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Unfortunately negative voices are much louder than positive voices. That doesn't mean that the majority dont appreciate what Section 43 are trying to do. Keep up the good work guys. :agree:

:agree:

Just Alf
14-09-2012, 09:07 PM

:flag::top marks:flag:

:aok:

FranckSuzy
14-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Keep up the good work guys :flag:

Mikey
14-09-2012, 09:16 PM

Yep, if we all gave up after a wee bit criticism we'd still be living in caves. Fek um :agree:

DMR1875
14-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Just asked non football family members in the house what they thought of the crest. Individually the first thing they said was Hibs casuals.

Thought the semi final and final displays were excellent, and the work trying to get a better atmosphere at ER and away also great. I think myself if you want a more general type Hi-bee getting into what you do, a less intimidating crest would help you a lot.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys do.:aok:

down-the-slope
14-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Yep, if we all gave up after a wee bit criticism we'd still be living in caves. Fek um :agree:

So whats your problem with caves :rolleyes:

Mikey
14-09-2012, 09:25 PM
So whats your problem with caves :rolleyes:

Sorry for being cavist :na na:

Scouse Hibee
14-09-2012, 09:27 PM

You're not getting any hassle! No one is slagging you (sect 43) that I can see, it's a perfectly reasoned discussion on why some folk think your badge is inappropriate and some think it's fine.

HibeeN
14-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Count me as somebody who isn't too keen on the logo - I don't really think the hostile expression/scarf covering the face is a good indicator of what Sect 43 is really like, and the positivity that they have been bringing to Hibs. I think Section 43 is a great initiative and the people involved have done a fantastic job in bringing some energy and atmosphere to match days at Easter Road - you all clearly put a lot of your own time and effort into making this happen and I think it is an effort that should be applauded. :agree:

I don't think criticism should be ignored, however. Negativity for negativity's sake is something you shouldn't be paying attention to, but if there is a considerable amount of people that have an opinion about something (the logo in this case) then it's maybe something to look into? You guys are obviously looking to take on feedback and channel that into making Section 43 better, and it has come on leaps and bounds since it first started which is something that I (and many other fans) have noticed. So I think that when there is an issue like this it would maybe be a good idea to consider it instead of dismissing the concerns as negativity.

At the end of the day, it's completely up to you guys but if you are getting a lot of concerns from people who think the logo might be alienating, or imply a bad reputation, then I think it would be worth considering.

Like I said before though, I am a fan of Section 43 in general, and hope you keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

superbam
14-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Just asked non football family members in the house what they thought of the crest. Individually the first thing they said was Hibs casuals.

Thought the semi final and final displays were excellent, and the work trying to get a better atmosphere at ER and away also great. I think myself if you want a more general type Hi-bee getting into what you do, a less intimidating crest would help you a lot.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys do.:aok:

and what relevance do "non-football family members" have to this issue?

Mon Dieu4
14-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Looks like a Hibs Ninja and everyone knows Ninjas and pirates are cool as

FitbaFolkKen
14-09-2012, 09:39 PM
and what relevance do "non-football family members" have to this issue?

Independent impartial viewpoint, as opposed to those you have preconceptions?

FitbaFolkKen
14-09-2012, 09:40 PM

No hassle on here that I can see, only folk appreciating the good work with a bit of a debate over the first impression the badge gives.

wearethehibs
14-09-2012, 09:43 PM

Actually just burst out laughing :)

Harpandcastle
14-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Dundee fan and an Arab at my work asked me what the club were doing about the casuals on the terraces, just based on that logo.

I don't believe that for one second. Anyone that knows anything would not ask that. Either your workmates are two gormless clowns or you made that up.

Pete
15-09-2012, 02:08 AM
I think it's totally pointless posting what you think a certain group of people think about the logo. The only thing that matters is what fans of Hibernian think of it and think it represents. Not one hibs fan I know thinks it's overly sinister or gives the impression there are a bunch of nutters in the East because we know what goes on and what they are all about.

If the tanfield bowling club thinks they are casuals or troublemakers then who cares?
Even if fans of other clubs are daft enough to think that's how the casuals are now branding themselves (please!!) and that's what sect43 are then who cares?
They're a group of young men who are passionate about supporting the club and improving the atmosphere. It's obvious where their influences come from and the types of group they have modeled themselves on but that isn't a bad thing. Why can't they draw from all successful influences and be the best "group" in the country?

I love the logo and think people should embrace it. Remember they are young men who act on instinct often with great visual and vocal effect. Do those who moan the most even remember what it was like to act first and ask questions later?
The East has been dead for about a decade now. The one time heartbeat of the ground has sterilised along with the rest of football. I think it's fantastic that a group has set up home there that sings songs and keeps it ticking over. It's not like the automatic atmosphere generation of the old days but we can't go back to that. If this group has symbolism that is viewed by opposition fans as sinister and edgy then that's fine by me. The more sinister the better.

To be honest, after the cup final I want hibs to return to being a club that isn't particularly pleasant for opposition fans. I want it to be a necessary evil for only the hard-core amongst them. Your team will get a mauling on the park, if you take the piss off the park you will be sorted out and you will be in awe of the East terracing....that's the message I want opposition fans to get when they come here instead of the "easy passage then easy win" one that has been allowed to develop. I want us to be the hardest, grittiest and most feared club in the country and things like edgy symbolism should be a start and not some point for debate amongst those who think they offend.

Maybe some people should ask themselves why the Hibs board haven't asked questions or expressed doubt over the logo. After all Sect43 have been liaising with them for a while and have helped them out on a regular basis. I'm sure they would have insisted it was changed if it was that questionable.

Brooster
15-09-2012, 06:34 AM
Great work from Section43, I applaud your enthusiastic approach. You must spend ages behind the scenes. In the last few home games I have noticed that nearly everyone towards the famous five end of the east stand is now joining in wit the clapping etc, its great to see. I like the badge by the way. Anyone with any sort of knowhow who attends Hibs games must surely know the difference between ultras and casuals.

Lucius Apuleius
15-09-2012, 06:43 AM
As an aside, where xoes this crest get shown that could potentially have others offended?

Hainan Hibs
15-09-2012, 06:53 AM
You could replace the face with a prawn sandwich to appease the PC gone mad group:agree:

:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
15-09-2012, 09:41 AM

Gee yersel peace Bouncer .. unless thats supposed to have a smiley attached.

Nobody is criticising sect 43 here as far as I can see. There have been a few observations made regarding possible perceptions of the logo.

Like it or not there are certain things in society which make an immidiate impact on peoples perceptions and are used widely by advertising agencies for instance because they know it puts across a message instantly. On TV especially where you only have a few seconds to get your message across.

For example .... Its no coincidence that the SAS wear black and cover their faces during operations ... in many societies the coulour black instills fear and a feeling of menace, as does a covered face, which is exactly what they want in the situations they go into.

Or back in the world of TV advertising ..... Its no coincidence that the Virgin Atlantic girls are dressed in red and look the way they do ... it promotes a feeling of glamour and positivity which grabs the imagination of the viewers .... advertising agencies dont get rich by accident, they recognise the power of imigary and use it all the time.

Which brings us back to the section 43 logo: In western society a covered face conveys only one message and unless you are being obtuse the message is clear:

Dick Turpin, Jesse James, Ninjas ... or more extreme examples the IRA or the KKK.

Like I said before ... I'm not all that botherd with the logo myself and if sect 43 are OK with it thats fine .. its their logo after all. But ignoring the way it could be perceived is as I said obtuse ..... It wasnt criticism it was realism.

Scouse Hibee
15-09-2012, 10:00 AM

Nobody is criticising sect 43 here as far as I can see. There have been a few observations made regarding possible perceptions of the logo.

Like it or not there are certain things in society which make an immidiate impact on peoples perceptions and are used widely by advertising agencies for instance because they know it puts across a message instantly. On TV especially where you only have a few seconds to get your message across.

For example .... Its no coincidence that the SAS wear black and cover their faces during operations ... in many societies the coulour black instills fear and a feeling of menace, as does a covered face, which is exactly what they want in the situations they go into.

Or back in the world of TV advertising ..... Its no coincidence that the Virgin Atlantic girls are dressed in red and look the way they do ... it promotes a feeling of glamour and positivity which grabs the imagination of the viewers .... advertising agencies dont get rich by accident, they recognise the power of imigary and use it all the time.

Which brings us back to the section 43 logo: In western society a covered face conveys only one message and unless you are being obtuse the message is clear:

Dick Turpin, Jesse James, Ninjas ... or more extreme examples the IRA or the KKK.

Like I said before ... I'm not all that botherd with the logo myself and if sect 43 are OK with it thats fine .. its their logo after all. But ignoring the way it could be perceived is as I said obtuse ..... It wasnt criticism it was realism.

Sums it up perfectly no more needs to be said :top marks

Brooster
15-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Should maybe change it to an image of postman pat wearing a hibs scarf if folk are a bit frightened if the current image.

Scouse Hibee
15-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Should maybe change it to an image of postman pat wearing a hibs scarf if folk are a bit frightened if the current image.

Everyone knows that Postman Pat isn't a Hibee though so what would be the point :greengrin

wearethehibs
15-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Right if people are really that bothered about the logo. I suggest you look at it upside down.

A guy with a really bushy beard and funny eys, wearing a comical green and white hat on his egg shaped head.
Tell me it gives of a scary vibe now!

HibeeN
15-09-2012, 10:17 AM
I've just realised that it reminds me of the bad guy in Disney's Mulan :greengrin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/bethamint/shan_yu.jpg

down-the-slope
15-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Right if people are really that bothered about the logo. I suggest you look at it upside down.

A guy with a really bushy beard and funny eys, wearing a comical green and white hat on his egg shaped head.
Tell me it gives of a scary vibe now!

:greengrin can some genius post the Kids version please

Mon Dieu4
15-09-2012, 10:27 AM
I've just realised that it reminds me of the bad guy in Disney's Mulan :greengrin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/bethamint/shan_yu.jpg

A pirate or Ninja would tear him a new one!!

down-the-slope
15-09-2012, 10:39 AM
A pirate or Ninja would tear him a new one!!

Camp blokes playing tough.....:wink:

Mon Dieu4
15-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Camp blokes playing tough.....:wink:

Arrrr Im not taking that from you

WarringtonHibee
15-09-2012, 11:41 AM
I designed the logo, taking inspiration from the European scene - and I've been out there for some games. How anyone can associate it with casuals is nonsense.

I'm going to propose a new logo, it's a pink unicorn with rainbows coming out of it's arse, so that we're not at risk of scaring anybody. :wink:

Greendub
15-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Well done today guys, great job!

Keep it up!

Sas_The_Hibby
15-09-2012, 05:51 PM

Cool as what? I think we should be told! :wink::greengrin

I think Section 43 are doing a great job but I must admit I did like this bit from the BBC report on the game:

At this point some fans high in the stands, whether through unshakeable faith or altitude sickness, were singing that they were going to win the league. :tee hee:

At The Edge
15-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Cool as what? I think we should be told! :wink::greengrin

I think Section 43 are doing a great job but I must admit I did like this bit from the BBC report on the game:

At this point some fans high in the stands, whether through unshakeable faith or altitude sickness, were singing that they were going to win the league. :tee hee:

ah those few moments when Dundee scored putting us top of the league, sheer magic, giggles all round!:greengrin

ChooseLife
15-09-2012, 06:08 PM
I think the logo is fine, besides on my scarf :greengrin

silverhibee
15-09-2012, 06:37 PM
I think youre right. Maybe we could have an earing, and some grey hair for the auld yins, and some eye liner for the wummin, and a dummy tit for the bairns ;-))

And rather than having a scarf covering the face they could change it to a Hibs bib.

And make the face a bit more chubbier for the XL XXL support.

silverhibee
15-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Cannae believe people are getting their knickers in a twist over that badge.

:agree:

silverhibee
15-09-2012, 06:46 PM
I think it's totally pointless posting what you think a certain group of people think about the logo. The only thing that matters is what fans of Hibernian think of it and think it represents. Not one hibs fan I know thinks it's overly sinister or gives the impression there are a bunch of nutters in the East because we know what goes on and what they are all about.

If the tanfield bowling club thinks they are casuals or troublemakers then who cares?
Even if fans of other clubs are daft enough to think that's how the casuals are now branding themselves (please!!) and that's what sect43 are then who cares?
They're a group of young men who are passionate about supporting the club and improving the atmosphere. It's obvious where their influences come from and the types of group they have modeled themselves on but that isn't a bad thing. Why can't they draw from all successful influences and be the best "group" in the country?

I love the logo and think people should embrace it. Remember they are young men who act on instinct often with great visual and vocal effect. Do those who moan the most even remember what it was like to act first and ask questions later?
The East has been dead for about a decade now. The one time heartbeat of the ground has sterilised along with the rest of football. I think it's fantastic that a group has set up home there that sings songs and keeps it ticking over. It's not like the automatic atmosphere generation of the old days but we can't go back to that. If this group has symbolism that is viewed by opposition fans as sinister and edgy then that's fine by me. The more sinister the better.

To be honest, after the cup final I want hibs to return to being a club that isn't particularly pleasant for opposition fans. I want it to be a necessary evil for only the hard-core amongst them. Your team will get a mauling on the park, if you take the piss off the park you will be sorted out and you will be in awe of the East terracing....that's the message I want opposition fans to get when they come here instead of the "easy passage then easy win" one that has been allowed to develop. I want us to be the hardest, grittiest and most feared club in the country and things like edgy symbolism should be a start and not some point for debate amongst those who think they offend.

Maybe some people should ask themselves why the Hibs board haven't asked questions or expressed doubt over the logo. After all Sect43 have been liaising with them for a while and have helped them out on a regular basis. I'm sure they would have insisted it was changed if it was that questionable.

:applause:

silverhibee
15-09-2012, 06:54 PM

In the winter i will cover the bottom half of my face with a Hibs scarf when it is cold and wear a black hat with a Hibs badge on it to keep me warm.

Am i sending out the wrong image dressed like that, or am i just being sensible and keeping warm.

silverhibee
15-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Everyone knows that Postman Pat isn't a Hibee though so what would be the point :greengrin

Source. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
15-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Source. :greengrin

His black & white cat :greengrin

silverhibee
15-09-2012, 08:35 PM
His black & white cat :greengrin

:hilarious

ronaldo7
15-09-2012, 09:10 PM
And rather than having a scarf covering the face they could change it to a Hibs bib.

And make the face a bit more chubbier for the XL XXL support.

Christ, we've forgot about the gay brigade, how are they going to work that one in?

silverhibee
15-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Christ, we've forgot about the gay brigade, how are they going to work that one in?

From behind i would presume. :greengrin

mim
15-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Well, I had the pleasure of sitting in Sect 43 today (FF 181) and really enjoyed the atmosphere created by these youngsters. More power to them.
Oh, and I don't care what they use as a logo, as long as they like it.

Jonnyboy
15-09-2012, 10:34 PM
S43 and all of those around them were outstanding today. Loads of encouragement for the players, especially when we were under the cosh later in the game.

Well done to all

shetlandhibee
16-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Will the drum or any flags be at the Aberdeen game!

Keep it up guys GGTTH

StevieT
16-09-2012, 08:35 AM

Throughout the summer Sect43 have been working behind the scenes on ideas that will help continue, and improve, it's efforts from last season. The group is on the right path and wants to grow in it's bid to bring back a good atmosphere at Easter Road, as well as at away matches. The purchase of a smaller drum, which can be taken to more stadiums, will prove a useful addition, and help various songs become louder, and at a pace which suits the chant. This has already had an effect such as at the Derby, where the song 'Alee Alee Aleh Ohhh' caught on well and has become more recognised with a larger proportion of the support than last season.

The atmosphere at the derby was fantastic, and aided by a good performance on the park, was one of the loudest supports in recent seasons. This match was followed by another few games which saw the volume among the Hibs fans at a good level, which will hopefully be the start of a season in which we can turn Easter Road into a fortress, and have a loud away support. As well as a loud vocal support at games, the group is always trying to add colour to the stands. Sect43 scarves have been a big success and have sold very well among fans. As well as scarves, numerous flags and 2-sticks have been designed, and will soon begin the process of being made by members of Sect43. The banner at Celtic Park, "we were first to wear the green", was also a success, in a match which saw the away support in good numbers, and again singing for 90 minutes.

Certain members within Sect43 are in constant talks with the club about new ideas to the singing section, which recently led to the approval of the drum. This good relationship with the board will hopefully continue as more ideas are being brought up and discussed to try and improve the atmosphere within the stadium.

Away from the stands, the group has decided to sponsor Hibs Girls U17 striker Rebecca McArthur. A report on the sponsorship can be found here (http://www.hibsgirls.co.uk/#/news/4561839742/Fans-Rally-Together-To-Sponsor-Youth/3369364)

Sect43 - Nulli Secundus.

Noticed Rebecca had Section 43 on her boots last weekend when I checked them prior to the game in Forfar.

HTD1875
16-09-2012, 12:52 PM

Sect43 - Nulli Secundus.

Well done lads :flag:

NAE NOOKIE
16-09-2012, 02:33 PM
In the winter i will cover the bottom half of my face with a Hibs scarf when it is cold and wear a black hat with a Hibs badge on it to keep me warm.

Am i sending out the wrong image dressed like that, or am i just being sensible and keeping warm.

Lol ...... I give up :greengrin

Do have to say though that the guy / girl in the logo does look a wee bit oriental, which reflects Hibs aim of being all inclusive.

VickMackie
16-09-2012, 02:50 PM
I designed the logo, taking inspiration from the European scene - and I've been out there for some games. How anyone can associate it with casuals is nonsense.

I'm going to propose a new logo, it's a pink unicorn with rainbows coming out of it's arse, so that we're not at risk of scaring anybody. :wink:

A lot of Hibs fans won't be familiar with the eastern European scene so it's quite simple really. Casuals when fighting will occasionally wear scarfs over their faces.

My first thought was casuals.

It doesn't match the true picture of sect43. IMO the logo does a disservice to what you are all doing.

silverhibee
16-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Lol ...... I give up :greengrin

Do have to say though that the guy / girl in the logo does look a wee bit oriental, which reflects Hibs aim of being all inclusive.

:thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
16-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Not read the last page and a half of arguments since my last post but just wanted to say well done to Section 43 yesterday.

Really got the crowd going and the last 10 minutes was as loud as I've heard ER in a while, even the West was joining in!!

As an aside is Section 43 now 'out' as an organised section? Genuine question because a couple of months back a few posters were claiming they weren't actually an organised group and just a collective of folk up for a laugh and a few songs. I take it with a logo, updates and sponsorship activities it is now an organised group? As I say not taking the piss or anything, genuinely interested.

silverhibee
16-09-2012, 03:17 PM
http://footballspeak.com/post/2012/09/13/Do-Ultras-Have-A-Place.aspx

Ross4356
17-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Keep up the good work guys and keep the logo, change nothing

frazeHFC
17-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Not read the last page and a half of arguments since my last post but just wanted to say well done to Section 43 yesterday.

Really got the crowd going and the last 10 minutes was as loud as I've heard ER in a while, even the West was joining in!!

As an aside is Section 43 now 'out' as an organised section? Genuine question because a couple of months back a few posters were claiming they weren't actually an organised group and just a collective of folk up for a laugh and a few songs. I take it with a logo, updates and sponsorship activities it is now an organised group? As I say not taking the piss or anything, genuinely interested.

There is obviously organisation involved when there are flags/banners to be made, raising money and generally meeting for away games etc......but if anyone wanted to help they could quite easily find the group and help out. Whenever i am meeting my dad before games there is organisation needed, as there will also be with any group of pals, otherwise nobody would know where to meet. :greengrin

.Sean.
17-09-2012, 05:02 PM

:top marks

Who honestly gives a flying **** what supporters of rival clubs like? I don't want them to like us. Nasty on the park and arrogant off it, I hope opposition players and fans have a ***** visit to ER. Grow a backbone, if it winds folk up all the better.

.Sean.
17-09-2012, 05:05 PM

It reminds me of A Clockwork Orange.

WarringtonHibee
17-09-2012, 08:17 PM
It reminds me of A Clockwork Orange.

I actually just read that whilst drinking a glass of milk... :hilarious

VickMackie
18-09-2012, 09:40 AM
:top marks

Who honestly gives a flying **** what supporters of rival clubs like? I don't want them to like us. Nasty on the park and arrogant off it, I hope opposition players and fans have a ***** visit to ER. Grow a backbone, if it winds folk up all the better.

What about club sponsors? Do club sponsors want to be associated with an image like this or those from the eastern European scene?

If the sect43 grows as we'd all like it to then this is the type of thing that may be considered.

The image that sticks in my mind of the eus, whether accurate or not, is a bunch of dafties running about the stand in tshirts with scarfs over their face waiting for the game to end and either fight the polis or opposition fans.

Chuck Rhoades
18-09-2012, 10:26 AM
What about club sponsors? Do club sponsors want to be associated with an image like this or those from the eastern European scene?

If the sect43 grows as we'd all like it to then this is the type of thing that may be considered.

The image that sticks in my mind of the eus, whether accurate or not, is a bunch of dafties running about the stand in tshirts with scarfs over their face waiting for the game to end and either fight the polis or opposition fans.

We have regular meetings with the club and they do not have an issue with the logo. If any sponsor highlights a concerns to the club, they would contact us without delay to advise us of this. We have received nothing but praise from the club who are fully supportive of what we do and what we are trying to achieve.

VickMackie
18-09-2012, 10:32 AM
We have regular meetings with the club and they do not have an issue with the logo. If any sponsor highlights a concerns to the club, they would contact us without delay to advise us of this. We have received nothing but praise from the club who are fully supportive of what we do and what we are trying to achieve.

That's good news.

frazeHFC
18-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Also Crabbies were involved in the Cup Final flags etc, i am sure they would not have got involved if they had an issue with the logo.

weecounty hibby
18-09-2012, 03:57 PM
It only looks menacing in one of those Japanese cartoon type ways. I think everything section 43 are doing is pretty impressive. Anything that makes ER a more intimidating place for visiting teams and fans is ok by me.

silverhibee
18-09-2012, 04:05 PM
what about club sponsors? Do club sponsors want to be associated with an image like this or those from the eastern european scene?

ffs

VickMackie
18-09-2012, 05:49 PM
ffs

What? Am I not allowed to ask about sponsor feedback.

I assume you've studied the eastern European football scene? :faf:

Jonnyboy
18-09-2012, 06:28 PM

Dinnae laugh too loud Vick. Methinks Silver could teach you a thing or two

hibee_nation
18-09-2012, 06:58 PM

It's ok Crabbies have given the lads their permission to get steamed right intae them as long as they get tanked up on the Green Ginger first. :take that:party:

VickMackie
18-09-2012, 07:19 PM
It's ok Crabbies have given the lads their permission to get steamed right intae them as long as they get tanked up on the Green Ginger first. :take that:party:

:tee hee:

silverhibee
18-09-2012, 08:03 PM

1. And you have had feedback from the sec43 lads saying there is no problem from the club regarding the logo.

2. What's there to study, a scarf around the face a few flares to throw and then start attacking the police and the other fans at the end of the game, now how many times have i seen sec43 doing that at a ER.

3. Keep up the good work sec43, and the logo is superb, i just don't see the problem, unlike yourself VM.

silverhibee
18-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Dinnae laugh too loud Vick. Methinks Silver could teach you a thing or two

:wink: :cb

VickMackie
18-09-2012, 08:11 PM
1. And you have had feedback from the sec43 lads saying there is no problem from the club regarding the logo.

2. What's there to study, a scarf around the face a few flares to throw and then start attacking the police and the other fans at the end of the game, now how many times have i seen sec43 doing that at a ER.

3. Keep up the good work sec43, and the logo is superb, i just don't see the problem, unlike yourself VM.

1. Erm, yes, I know.
2. I never said they did and know that's not their intention. I said that was my impression of the EUS from where the influence came.
3. I don't have a problem with it, I was just giving my first impressions. If most people are happy with it then it's great.

silverhibee
18-09-2012, 08:15 PM
1. Erm, yes, I know.
2. I never said they did and know that's not their intention. I said that was my impression of the EUS from where the influence came.
3. I don't have a problem with it, I was just giving my first impressions. If most people are happy with it then it's great.

Sorted then. :aok:

down-the-slope
19-09-2012, 10:31 AM

That kind of factual reasoned response is going to get you a reputation you know :greengrin