PDA

View Full Version : Proudest Moment

WeAreHibs
14-09-2012, 10:33 AM
My nephew's doing the 10 Second Challenge tomorrow for Hibs Kids Day.

I'm gonna be so proud, his dad's English, doesnt support any team up here (and a bit of a fud) so I've brought the wee man up in the faith and paid for his HK membership and strips every year. He was at the semi and the final when he shed his first Hibee tears.

Away out tonight for my birthday celebration so can't be too rough as I'm his chaperone for the game etc.

There could very well be my own tears if he gets the ball in the net.

Look out and cheer for Alex, 8yrs old tomorrow.:flag:

theleith hibby
14-09-2012, 10:40 AM
:flag:

I'm gonna be so proud, his dad's English, doesnt support any team up here (and a bit of a fud) so I've brought the wee man up in the faith and paid for his HK membership and strips every year. He was at the semi and the final when he shed his first Hibee tears.

Away out tonight for my birthday celebration so can't be too rough as I'm his chaperone for the game etc.

Mon Dieu4
14-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Good luck to him we will give him a big cheer

my 5 year old nephew is daft on Hibs so much so he invited himself to the game tomorrow with me

"Uncle Marky, when are Hibs next at home", next week kiddo,"can i get a pie then?"

Take it Im taking you to the fitba on Saturday then Haha

WeAreHibs
14-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Good luck to him we will give him a big cheer

my 5 year old nephew is daft on Hibs so much so he invited himself to the game tomorrow with me

"Uncle Marky, when are Hibs next at home", next week kiddo,"can i get a pie then?"

Take it Im taking you to the fitba on Saturday then Haha

Brilliant !

I'm getting married at end of year and hope I'll have my own wee laddie at some stage to bring along but I love taking the wee man along and seeing him grow into it. He's so excited about tomorrow. Just hope he scores !

Have a great day too!!

frazeHFC
14-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Great to hear, and well done bringing him to the Hibee family. :thumbsup:

And happy birthday too.....and congrats on the engagement whenever it happened. :thumbsup:

:flag:

FranckSuzy
14-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Great stories. My 12 year old nephew is coming over from Melbourne next year with his club and they are training with Hibs :flag: I think my brother and I will die happy if he gets to run out on the hallowed turf, never mind if he actually gets signed up :greengrin Auntie Sue will be his biggest fan and all from the comfort of the Players Lounge of course :wink:

Pretty Boy
14-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Great story.

He'll love it. I was like a kid at Christmas when I got to go in goals for the 10 second challenge a while back and I'm 26!!

And well done you for ensuring he's brought up the right way.

Brightside
14-09-2012, 11:18 AM
how do you get on the 10 sec ch?

WeAreHibs
14-09-2012, 12:28 PM

I think it's done at random as he's a Hibs Kid.

Jay
14-09-2012, 02:26 PM
My son did it when he was about 6 or 7 - one of the proudest moments of our lives. We took the video camera and all you can hear is the guys that sit around us cheering him on! Great memories. he is now almost 16 and would do anything to do it again!:greengrin

Loopz
14-09-2012, 02:53 PM

My son got picked after attending a weeks training at East Mains. They said it was for good behaviour during his training sessions.

PatHead
14-09-2012, 04:06 PM
None of my sons or daughters ever did the challenge but one was the mascot against Dundee Utd a few years ago. Great day out and was so proud to see him in the centre circle before the game.

One of my friends nephew who is only 5 did the challenge last season. After the game he went up to my pal and said "Can you keep a secret?" Malc said he would and the wee boy said "The Leith Lynx is really a man. I saw him when he took his head off".

Sorry if you didn't know and I have ruined it for you.

Hope your nephew has a great day.

Col2
14-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Fantastic! Fingers crossed for tomorrow. It is all our duty I spread the Hibee word!

Scouse Hibee
14-09-2012, 06:56 PM
My son's first game was his grandad's (my father in law) last game. He wasn't really well enough to attend but we made a huge effort to get him there as he wanted to go to Easter Road with his grandson on the wee mans birthday. It was as if he was passing the Hibs batton to the wee man, something which I later mentioned at his funeral. A special day I will always remember.

MichelleHibs
14-09-2012, 08:01 PM
im hoping to take my 3 kids to the game tomorrow, just need to get them registered before 1pm! lol. will be a proud moment, one which i never thought would happen!

NAE NOOKIE
14-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Cool post mate.

I have a stepson .... who to my eternal shame is a Yam .... apart from that a good lad though :greengrin but no bialogical kids of my own.

I take my neice and nephew to ER and I have to say I have high hopes that my neice will turn into a dyed in the wool Hibby ... not so much my nephew who doesnt seem all that bothered about football .... I blame his dad.

Anyway ... I'll be there tomorrow with my neice. Good luck to you and your nephew :thumbsup:

theonlywayisup
15-09-2012, 09:07 AM
My son's first game was his grandad's (my father in law) last game. He wasn't really well enough to attend but we made a huge effort to get him there as he wanted to go to Easter Road with his grandson on the wee mans birthday. It was as if he was passing the Hibs batton to the wee man, something which I later mentioned at his funeral. A special day I will always remember.

Nice touching story!

HibeeN
15-09-2012, 09:22 AM
This is a nice thread. :thumbsup:My dad was the one who started taking me to Easter Road. Since he moved to England I generally just go to the games on my own, but despite the fact that he's always going on about how rubbish we are, he's still the first one on the phone at 16.45 to see how the game went. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
15-09-2012, 07:48 PM

Which one was he and did he score?

WeAreHibs
16-09-2012, 06:48 AM
He was second last at the start, we guy, Alex, with name and 7 on back of shirt. Unfortunately, he didnt score, although his second attempt was helped in - LOL.

He really enjoyed it and really milked being on the pitch.

Thanks to all at the club who helped look after him yesterday.

Still a very proud moment!

Scouse Hibee
16-09-2012, 10:30 AM
He was second last at the start, we guy, Alex, with name and 7 on back of shirt. Unfortunately, he didnt score, although his second attempt was helped in - LOL.

He really enjoyed it and really milked being on the pitch.

Thanks to all at the club who helped look after him yesterday.

Still a very proud moment!

:aok: I remember him and his deflected goal :greengrin

WeAreHibs
16-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Lol, he was gutted. To be fair to the wee man, he's only just started playing football so probably came too early for him. I was worried he'd bottle it as he can be quite shy at times so was just pleased that he did it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2