PDA

View Full Version : Subsidised Travel To Motherwell - Discussion Thread

Mikey
13-09-2012, 11:53 AM
To keep the main thread on topic let's have the discussion about it on here.

Comments posted so far are........

Mikey, please tell me you haven't hired those same rickety old 'School Buses' that you hired in May.

Never mind reduced price, YOU'D have to pay ME before I went on one of those things again

Be quicker walking

Im confused, we had a tennis thread on main board, now we have a travel thread on the main board....

Do I post bus details on here now

Double deckers only :aok:

Ah right, got ye......

This is a one off where hibs.net is trying to help take a few more fans along to an away game to cheer on the team. Of all people, I thought you would understand that. We do not have a hardcore group of away travellers like yours and other well established branches, so starting from scratch and filling a bus will need all the help we can get.

Cup final bus threads were on this forum too, but cannot mind you complaining then

I'm sure the other buses would love to have their buses advertised on main page, which has much greater volume of traffic, than the travel forum.....In times of people not affording to be able to travel, this impacts supporter's buses.

To be honest I think you are being a wee bit one eyed about this. We are helping subsidise travel costs and trying to encourage more fans to a game. If we titled the thread 'Ignore the Carlton (or whatever branch you are in) bus and come with us' then I could agree with your stance, but I think we will just have to agree to disagree.

Indeed

Geez this is a great idea that we should all be getting behind not slating... I hope the club advertise this too

Whilst I think it's great that you are encouraging more fans to travel to away games I tend to agree with Baldy Foghorn. We (East Lothian Hibs) run buses to every home and away game, trying to encourage more fans to travel and have done so for many many years. The things that Mikey is experiencing right now - sourcing buses, booking buses, advertising, collecting names, dealing with call offs, collecting fares, paying bus firms etc are things that we go through for every game (every away game in Foghorn's case). In my opinion all travel info should be gathered in the one place, you cant be seen having one rule for some and one rule for others. Its unfair that Mickey has front page billing for running a bus to a one off game whilst the established Branch's who run buses to every game get a column on page 27. As Foghorn says we would all enjoy the exposure Mickey's bus is getting.

As bus convener for the Four in Hand I agree totally with this post. As bus conveners we constantly struggle to fill our buses and we dont always make a profit, in fact we end up subsidising some of the buses that we run. I am sure that we would benefit from the exposure that the Hibs.net buses are getting.

Then I hope the club advertise ALL buses going to Motherwell game and all future games!

Agree with all of the above it's a tad unfair but i'm sure all regular travellers on the regular buses will still be on calton,4 in hand ,east lothian etc

Just one thing, this IS Hibs-Net advertising their own Hibs-Net bus?
I would think if Hibs Net wished to advertise their own bus on this page surely that is their perogative as they are also allowing other buses to freely advertise their own buses on Hibs-Net, NO?

Or am I seeing it wrong?

Pretty much how I see it...

Mikey
13-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Just to clarify, it's a one off attempt to get as many Hibs fans along to a game that's at an unsociable time and is on TV. The site is subsidising the cost to make it more attractive to those who wouldn't normally go and want to make a night of it. We're not muscling in on the travel scene by undercutting everyone else, it's a simple case of subsidised buses to a single game, which is something that fans regularly suggest that the club could be doing.

It's a venture that might get close to breaking even, depending on the uptake, but in all likelihood it'll cost the site a couple of hundred pounds. The money's there so we're giving something back to our users.

The more Hibs fans that are there the better.

legends of 73
13-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Just to clarify, it's a one off attempt to get as many Hibs fans along to a game that's at an unsociable time and is on TV. The site is subsidising the cost to make it more attractive to those who wouldn't normally go and want to make a night of it. We're not muscling in on the travel scene by undercutting everyone else, it's a simple case of subsidised buses to a single game, which is something that fans regularly suggest that the club could be doing.

It's a venture that might get close to breaking even, depending on the uptake, but in all likelihood it'll cost the site a couple of hundred pounds. The money's there so we're giving something back to our users.

nobody is disagreeing that fact the more fans there the better the point is that if any of the guys who run buses every week to games posted their bus on the main board it would get punted to the "travel to games forum" is that not a fact.

frazeHFC
13-09-2012, 12:17 PM
I think it is a fantastic idea, will be amazing seeing a huge Hibs support, good work!!

:flag:

hibee_girl
13-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Is the game on tv? I thought these Friday night games were to see how many would attend, not for tv?

Golden Bear
13-09-2012, 12:21 PM
I'll be travelling by car but it strikes me that the Net buses will appeal to the occasional supporters who might not otherwise go to Motherwell as opposed to the supporters who are already aligned to a regular bus or are members of an official supporters branch.

RyeSloan
13-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Is the game on tv? I thought these Friday night games were to see how many would attend, not for tv?

Correct. Last seasons game was not on TV...as I found to my cost pitching up in the pub all ready for a Friday night swally and watching the cabbage!!

Pretty Boy
13-09-2012, 12:22 PM
A couple of points:

Do any of the guys who run buses every week think they are going to lose any regulars to the Hibs.net buses? Surely if you travel on the same bus every week you're not going to give that up for a week for the sake of a few pounds.

Secondly Hibs.net is letting these other buses advertise for free on the site. They could quite easily refuse or charge for the service. Hibs.net is choosing to run a one off bus to ond game and the admins should be entitled to post details wherever they want. As Mikey has said above it may well end up costing the site money to do this.

Not a big deal imo.

Golden Bear
13-09-2012, 12:22 PM

:agree:

ESPN - even although they're currently advertising it as a Saturday game with their coverage starting at 7:15.

Jay
13-09-2012, 12:34 PM
God give me strength!

I am rarely shocked, even on here, but to see people, who are given free reign to advertise their buses on .net without as much as a please or thank you, greetin about hibs.net advertising a one off bus on the wrong forum has actually rendered me speechless.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

staunchhibby
13-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Totaly agree Mrs S.we should get behind the team and support them in any way..Keep up the good work mikey:thumbsup:

DaveF
13-09-2012, 01:21 PM
I'll be travelling by car but it strikes me that the Net buses will appeal to the occasional supporters who might not otherwise go to Motherwell as opposed to the supporters who are already aligned to a regular bus or are members of an official supporters branch.

Spot on.

Just one thing, this IS Hibs-Net advertising their own Hibs-Net bus?
I would think if Hibs Net wished to advertise their own bus on this page surely that is their perogative as they are also allowing other buses to freely advertise their own buses on Hibs-Net, NO?

Or am I seeing it wrong?

No, you are not seeing it wrong.

It's got nothing to do with club or official site. It's just us trying to get more fans to the game and it appears (to me anyway) that there is a concerted effort by all the bus convenors of established branches to put the boot into the idea.

We can always cancel it and have less fans at the match and then read the moaning posts the about fans sitting at home watching it on the telly.

silverhibee
13-09-2012, 01:35 PM

This. ^

As said it is a one off by .net, which may attract a few extra supporters along to watch the team on a Friday night, can't see the problem with that, i will also be travelling by car.

Big Frank
13-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Well done Hibs.net

Hopefully your bus will fill, and you are able to help more fans get to away games.

Keep up the good work.

Brooster
13-09-2012, 02:01 PM
God give me strength!

I am rarely shocked, even on here, but to see people, who are given free reign to advertise their buses on .net without as much as a please or thank you, greetin about hibs.net advertising a one off bus on the wrong forum has actually rendered me speechless.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

You've got a lot to say for someone who is speechless :wink:

Brooster
13-09-2012, 02:15 PM
A couple of points:

Do any of the guys who run buses every week think they are going to lose any regulars to the Hibs.net buses? Surely if you travel on the same bus every week you're not going to give that up for a week for the sake of a few pounds. We might lose a few who work in town or are Edinburgh based with it being a midweek game.Secondly Hibs.net is letting these other buses advertise for free on the site. They could quite easily refuse or charge for the service. Hibs.net is choosing to run a one off bus to ond game and the admins should be entitled to post details wherever they want. As Mikey has said above it may well end up costing the site money to do this. I realise that but it would be nice if we could get some front page exposure as well if it could help us generate more folk travelling with us, we need a minimum of £12k a season to run buses to games. I dont have a problem if our details stay on the Travel forum and Hibs.net choose to advertise on the front page, it's cool.Not a big deal imo.

Ive answered your points in bold.

patch1875
13-09-2012, 02:25 PM
my 'be quicker walking' comment was made tongue in cheek(forgot my smiley)

still traumatised that the highlight from my cup final day was being on the bus that konked out on the m8:greengrin:wink::cb

Mikey
13-09-2012, 03:33 PM
my 'be quicker walking' comment was made tongue in cheek(forgot my smiley)

still traumatised that the highlight from my cup final day was being on the bus that konked out on the m8:greengrin:wink::cb

No problem. The 85 seaters suit what we're trying to do.

We could have got 49 seaters but that would mean too much per head cost wise, and the 70 seaters are really uncomfortable as their layout is 2 seats, a very narrow aisle, and then 3 seats. They're much more suited to school runs which is what they tend to be used for.

The feedback I got on the double deckers was pretty good so we're going with them again.

Jay
13-09-2012, 03:44 PM
You've got a lot to say for someone who is speechless :wink:

I dont speak what I am typing. A better post would have been - yeah your right, we are being petty :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
13-09-2012, 04:24 PM
I dont speak what I am typing. A better post would have been - yeah your right, we are being petty :wink:

Rather than being ashamed, I was speaking up for Carlton, East Lothian, Four in Hand, who run buses to all fixtures. Sometimes we dont get enough travellers to balance the books, however, we provide a service regardless.....

There is a travel section, whereby our buses are listed in there. My moan, if you want to call it that, is that we would prefer to receive the traffic that the front page offers.....Hardly surprising that my Branch and the other Buses are treated the same, but that goes across the Board..... Am I ashamed for that, absolutely not......

Baldy Foghorn
13-09-2012, 04:29 PM

On ESPN......

Baldy Foghorn
13-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Spot on.

No, you are not seeing it wrong.

It's got nothing to do with club or official site. It's just us trying to get more fans to the game and it appears (to me anyway) that there is a concerted effort by all the bus convenors of established branches to put the boot into the idea.

We can always cancel it and have less fans at the match and then read the moaning posts the about fans sitting at home watching it on the telly.

Nonsense.......

MSK
13-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Rather than being ashamed, I was speaking up for Carlton, East Lothian, Four in Hand, who run buses to all fixtures. Sometimes we dont get enough travellers to balance the books, however, we provide a service regardless.....

There is a travel section, whereby our buses are listed in there. My moan, if you want to call it that, is that we would prefer to receive the traffic that the front page offers.....Hardly surprising that my Branch and the other Buses are treated the same, but that goes across the Board..... Am I ashamed for that, absolutely not......Its one bus to one game ..if we ever decided to make it a regular occurence ie weekly/fortnightly (which we wont anyway) then I would expect it to be advertised on the travel forum just as your bus & others are ..

Baldy Foghorn
13-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Its one bus to one game ..if we ever decided to make it a regular occurence ie weekly/fortnightly (which we wont anyway) then I would expect it to be advertised on the travel forum just as your bus & others are ..

I have no say on how this forum is run, nor do I think I can win on this one.....Too tired to continue with it, I'm out.....

DaveF
13-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Nonsense.......

It's just my opinion. I wasn't expecting you to agree with it :greengrin

Out of interest, was there any complaining when the Edinburgh and Livingston (now Four in Hand I think) started up? They are relatively new and so would have been, I assume, nicking punters from yourselves and other branches causing similar financial woe ala the charge against this bus.

Baldy Foghorn
13-09-2012, 05:26 PM
It's just my opinion. I wasn't expecting you to agree with it :greengrin

Out of interest, was there any complaining when the Edinburgh and Livingston (now Four in Hand I think) started up? They are relatively new and so would have been, I assume, nicking punters from yourselves and other branches causing similar financial woe ala the charge against this bus.

I had a spat over the new bus leaving from the same pub, we dealt with it, and we now try and help each other where possible...

lucky
13-09-2012, 05:33 PM

Great initiative from Hibs.net branch. Other HSC branches can have their own websites. Well done lads for trying. We already let other branches advertise their bus on the forum.

ronaldo7
13-09-2012, 05:42 PM
I remember when I had to buy an evening news and look up the sports section. In that section was a list called "for the fans" which indicated buses running to the away matches and the times/pick up points etc.

How times have changed. We now get them on the main board these days:greengrin

Jay
13-09-2012, 05:48 PM

There is a travel section, whereby our buses are listed in there. My moan, if you want to call it that, is that we would prefer to receive the traffic that the front page offers.....Hardly surprising that my Branch and the other Buses are treated the same, but that goes across the Board..... Am I ashamed for that, absolutely not......

Oh come on Baldy you know you were having a wee moan.:slipper:

Is your issue that .net is running a bus or that .net is advertising their bus out with the travel forum? Or both?

I am sure people on here are clever enough to find the travel forum if they are looking for transport. A lot of people will use the new posts button so will see the travel forum regardless.

You never know you might even get some new custom if people go on our one off bus and decide they want to go to more away games! Then they will be able to find you on .nets travel forum that is provided free to help out guys that run buses as well as people looking for a bus.

The Lets work together initiative should work for fans too. I know for the cup final I personally pointed people in the direction of many buses. If I knew someone was looking I spent hours PMing bus convenors trying to fill up buses and get guys a seat. In fact the last few days before the final my days were almost completely taken up trying to get transport organised for people I didnt even know!

MSK
13-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by IFONLY

As bus convener for the Four in Hand I agree totally with this post. As bus conveners we constantly struggle to fill our buses and we dont always make a profit, in fact we end up subsidising some of the buses that we run. I am sure that we would benefit from the exposure that the Hibs.net buses are getting.

You obviously have a short memory mate ..when your bus kicked off under the West Edinburgh banner it had plenty exposure on the main forum, cant remember you complaining about that though .. :rolleyes:

BroxburnHibee
13-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Dear oh dear - Hibs.net advertising THEIR own bus on THEIR own forum :greengrin

Storm in a teacup if you ask me - does the Evening News still do the 'For the fans' bit?

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2012, 06:06 PM
My opinion is this is hibs.net, and therefore it can do what it likes regarding running any bus it wants to run. Cup final buses were on the main page if i remember right, there was no opposition to that?

Every other branch gets a free place to advertise their bus on this site, this site i'd imagine does not tell them how to run their buses, nor would they want to, its none of their business?

I believe this site should be able advertise its buses wherever it likes, owning the site does have some advantages.

PS the bounce has an advert for their bus on their front page, i see no problem with that either.

ronaldo7
13-09-2012, 06:13 PM
I remember when I had to buy an evening news and look up the sports section. In that section was a list called "for the fans" which indicated buses running to the away matches and the times/pick up points etc.

Dear oh dear - Hibs.net advertising THEIR own bus on THEIR own forum :greengrin

Storm in a teacup if you ask me - does the Evening News still do the 'For the fans' bit?

:aok:

Baldy Foghorn
13-09-2012, 06:17 PM

Is your issue that .net is running a bus or that .net is advertising their bus out with the travel forum? Or both?

I am sure people on here are clever enough to find the travel forum if they are looking for transport. A lot of people will use the new posts button so will see the travel forum regardless.

You never know you might even get some new custom if people go on our one off bus and decide they want to go to more away games! Then they will be able to find you on .nets travel forum that is provided free to help out guys that run buses as well as people looking for a bus.

The Lets work together initiative should work for fans too. I know for the cup final I personally pointed people in the direction of many buses. If I knew someone was looking I spent hours PMing bus convenors trying to fill up buses and get guys a seat. In fact the last few days before the final my days were almost completely taken up trying to get transport organised for people I didnt even know!

Jill, How can I respond seriously when I have a mental picture of being skelped with a baffie? :rolleyes:

I have no issue with .net running a bus, if the demand is there, then the more the merrier. My gripe was that it was being advertised on the main page. In a day when we had more NHC related threads than Hibs threads, a tennis thread and a bus travel thread all on main page, I suppose I found it all a bit much (Have a major problem in that I like to sound off, although I am sure I'm not alone with that).

Having experienced seating problems re the Final, that is what conveynors do all the time, it's relentless. I enjoy it but get pretty peeved when people book a seat then dont turn up (or have the decency to inform you), but that's a different matter.

Back to the question, I thought the thread should have been on travel forum. It ain't and I can't do anything about, but suppose a bit of Branch preservation and some exposure via arguing on main Board gives it some more exposure....

And if anyone wants to travel on any bus throughout the season, then contact the following:- BALDY FOGHORN, IF ONLY, BROOSTER/SCOOPYBOY...........Would be silly of me to let the chance of exposure go untapped......:cb

ronaldo7
13-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Jill, How can I respond seriously when I have a mental picture of being skelped with a baffie? :rolleyes:

I have no issue with .net running a bus, if the demand is there, then the more the merrier. My gripe was that it was being advertised on the main page. In a day when we had more NHC related threads than Hibs threads, a tennis thread and a bus travel thread all on main page, I suppose I found it all a bit much (Have a major problem in that I like to sound off, although I am sure I'm not alone with that).

Having experienced seating problems re the Final, that is what conveynors do all the time, it's relentless. I enjoy it but get pretty peeved when people book a seat then dont turn up (or have the decency to inform you), but that's a different matter.

Back to the question, I thought the thread should have been on travel forum. It ain't and I can't do anything about, but suppose a bit of Branch preservation and some exposure via arguing on main Board gives it some more exposure....

And if anyone wants to travel on any bus throughout the season, then contact the following:- BALDY FOGHORN, IF ONLY, BROOSTER/SCOOPYBOY...........Would be silly of me to let the chance of exposure go untapped......:cb

Could use a few of these on here:greengrin

MSK
13-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Could use a few of these on here:greengrin:top marks ..:greengrin

Jay

:greengrin works every time

I do get what you are saying but there is just about no football and defo no Hibs stuff going on just now. Not saying that means its a free for all but the tennis thread was kinda Hibs and the bus is defo Hibs. All my opinion of course. Just dont see how its a major issue.

Its the same for all bus convenors .net included. Remember this is a one off to try and get a decent support there, not to take bums aff your seats.Back to the question, I thought the thread should have been on travel forum. It ain't and I can't do anything about, but suppose a bit of Branch preservation and some exposure via arguing on main Board gives it some more exposure....

... and your last paragraph is getting moved to the travel forum :wink:

Now lets hug it out :hug:

Baldy Foghorn
Could use a few of these on here:greengrin

Clever, have you ever thought about auditioning for Countdown?

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Clever, have you ever thought about auditioning for Countdown?

Ronnie's not normally good with letters, he always seems to miss an X out when buying his tops? :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
13-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Ronnie's not normally good with letters, he always seems to miss an X out when buying his tops? :wink:

I have that problem too.....Nightmare:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2012, 06:38 PM
I have that problem too.....Nightmare:rolleyes:

Me too, if only my legs and arms were longer? :greengrin

erin go bragh
13-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Correct. Last seasons game was not on TV...as I found to my cost pitching up in the pub all ready for a Friday night swally and watching the cabbage!!
Did we play a game on a friday night last season :cb cant remember one .[could be my age ]

ggtth

Keith_M
13-09-2012, 06:50 PM
In light of the way this thread has gone, I'd like to point out that my comment about the School Buses to a certain game in May was made in a lighthearted manner and was never meant as a serious criticism.

Happy to clear this up and good luck getting people to the game. It's a very good idea :thumbsup:

ronaldo7
13-09-2012, 07:26 PM

And boob tubes are so last year:greengrin

FranckSuzy
13-09-2012, 11:16 PM

Now lets hug it out :hug:

Can we please leave this to the fetish forum? :rolleyes: :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
14-09-2012, 11:28 AM
A wee aside, I know of an Aberdeen supporters club in Lochgelly that runs a bus to all games and they take money before the season starts, you either pay for the whole season in advance or you pay a higher rate per game if you just turn up on the day (from what I remember) , if you dont turn up your seat goes to a paying customer, that money is put in the bank and pays for transport to Scotland home games (for free).

Carheenlea
14-09-2012, 11:34 AM
I'm sure we are all in agreement that it is beneficial to Hibs to have as many supporters following the club both home and away.

With that in mind, why not give all bus convenors the platform to promote their buses on the main forum in order to maximise numbers supporting our club? It is all to do about Hibs, and won't clog up the main forum any more than the Hearts and EPL threads do.

Chuck Rhoades
14-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Question - why can’t the HSA branches have a sticky on the main board every week to away matches? Surely this would give them more exposure which could, in turn, attract a bigger support?

Barely any views on the travel forum threads, but they would receive thousands on this board...

Jay
14-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Question - why can’t the HSA branches have a sticky on the main board every week to away matches? Surely this would give them more exposure which could, in turn, attract a bigger support?

Barely any views on the travel forum threads, but they would receive thousands on this board...

Have you asked for this before now? Do you personally read stickys? I know I rarely do. If I was looking for a bus I would look on the travel forum not the main forum. Just my opinion - trying to be helpful :greengrin

frazeHFC
14-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Out of interest, how many people have decided to now go when they wouldn't normally have gone?

Golden Bear
14-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Out of interest, how many people have decided to now go when they wouldn't normally have gone?

It's maybe too early to answer that one Fraze. A lot will depend on the results between now and then.

Chuck Rhoades
14-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Have you asked for this before now? Do you personally read stickys? I know I rarely do. If I was looking for a bus I would look on the travel forum not the main forum. Just my opinion - trying to be helpful :greengrin

No I haven't - but think it would be a good idea, so I am asking the question now.

Personally, I have hibs.net main forum as a favourite on my PC/Mobile, so rarely look at the other boards.

FWIW, I do not have a problem with hibs.net choosing to advertise on here. However, it is a fact that the main board receives far more views. Bumped/sticky threads would help promote HSA buses IMO.

Jay
14-09-2012, 01:25 PM

Me and the wee boy :agree:

Jay
14-09-2012, 01:27 PM
No I haven't - but think it would be a good idea, so I am asking the question now.

Personally, I have hibs.net main forum as a favourite on my PC/Mobile, so rarely look at the other boards.

FWIW, I do not have a problem with hibs.net choosing to advertise on here. However, it is a fact that the main board receives far more views. Bumped/sticky threads would help promote HSA buses IMO.

Well why dont you contact the admins and start a dialogue into how they can help and what the way forward might be? They are a nice bunch :greengrin

Carheenlea
14-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Me and the wee boy :agree:

That`s great, the more the merrier! I think this is a terrific initiative from the admins, and hopefully it will enable more people to travel and cheer on the team.

My point would be that while you have been tempted to travel on the Hibs.net subsidised bus after viewing a thread on the main forum, how many others would be tempted along on any other given fixture if the respective supporters clubs are allowed to promote their travel packages on the same forum?

As far as I`m concerned, clubs should be permitted to advertise their buses on the main forum to let as many people see what options for travelling are available, and if it can help those conveners who have the unenviable task of drumming up numbers to tempt more fans along and make their trips viable, then to me, it`s a no brainer.

ronaldo7
14-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Can the convernors of the other buses post up their costs of travel to motherwell. It would save me going onto compareahibsbus.com

hibbymac
14-09-2012, 08:22 PM
That`s great, the more the merrier! I think this is a terrific initiative from the admins, and hopefully it will enable more people to travel and cheer on the team.

My point would be that while you have been tempted to travel on the Hibs.net subsidised bus after viewing a thread on the main forum, how many others would be tempted along on any other given fixture if the respective supporters clubs are allowed to promote their travel packages on the same forum?

As far as I`m concerned, clubs should be permitted to advertise their buses on the main forum to let as many people see what options for travelling are available, and if it can help those conveners who have the unenviable task of drumming up numbers to tempt more fans along and make their trips viable, then to me, it`s a no brainer.

:agree: People only go on the "Travel to games" forum if they are looking for info on buses, on the main forum buses might just pick up some "passing trade" ( not just this week, every week). Figures for viewing forums, now ,,,, Travel to games - 2, Main Forum - 1132, ... speaks for itself really.

GGTTH

Steve-O
15-09-2012, 12:29 PM

And what's the betting the Hibs.Net buses would've been the FRONT PAGE HEADLINE rather than stuck in the 'For the fans' section eh? :greengrin

CraigHibee
15-09-2012, 12:41 PM

me

im holiday from work that week, i was due to be working until 8 that friday night which meant i would have missed it, was thinking of driving through then saw the post so works out cheaper.

definitely want to be going to more away games when i can

Antifa Hibs
16-09-2012, 11:20 AM
For those saying they wouldn't be going if the Hibs.Net bus wasn't going, your saving £4 compared to the other buses which is a good wee saving, but in the grand scheme of the cost of the whole day-out your not gonna notice £4.

So are you only going on the Hibs.Net bus because of the saving or because you know there is actually a bus going? If its the latter, maybe a good idea to allow posts on travel options in this forum? Posts on MegaBuses or trains would be fine so why not supporters coaches?

marinello59
16-09-2012, 11:37 AM
We have taken on board the various bus conveners concerns and are looking at how we can change things for the better. :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
16-09-2012, 12:14 PM
We have taken on board the various bus conveners concerns and are looking at how we can change things for the better. :thumbsup:

Thats great to hear, Thanks to all admins from me.....:aok:

Lmc2105
16-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Seen a comment on this thread with regards to me starting the branch four in hand I praise .net to the hill with the exposure I got for the new branch and now we are even stronger! We had no intention stealing other members etc just an eager for a group of mates going to the games! Now all the branches work together and we always try and do the best for our travellers. So I do hope that you know if it wasnt for .net don't know where my branch would be at this minute. Hope to see all buses filled for the trip to fir park :thumbsup:

Lmc2105
16-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Seen a comment on this thread with regards to me starting the branch four in hand I praise .net to the hill with the exposure I got for the new branch and now we are even stronger! We had no intention stealing other members etc just an eager for a group of mates going to the games! Now all the branches work together and we always try and do the best for our travellers. So I do hope that you know if it wasnt for .net don't know where my branch would be at this minute. Hope to see all buses filled for the trip to fir park :thumbsup:

Phil MaGlass
17-09-2012, 01:16 PM
It's maybe too early to answer that one Fraze. A lot will depend on the results between now and then.

Mibbe take a deposit in advance and whoever doesnae turn up loses their deposit and can mibbe go towards future buses or help pay for Hibs.Net?