PDA

View Full Version : Mosquitos?

Sweep
11-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Found about 8 in the house and my wife has 11 bites. Thought we only got midges in Scotland. Anyone else seen any?

s.a.m
15-09-2012, 09:18 AM
In the past month, I've seen several insects in our house that I think are mosquitoes*. We stayed in a part of France on holiday that has mozzies, and I was wondering if we'd brought eggs back in our luggage.

*I'm no expert, but they look awfy like the mosquitoes that were flying about (and dining off us) in France.

Hibrandenburg
15-09-2012, 10:43 AM
In the past month, I've seen several insects in our house that I think are mosquitoes*. We stayed in a part of France on holiday that has mozzies, and I was wondering if we'd brought eggs back in our luggage.

*I'm no expert, but they look awfy like the mosquitoes that were flying about (and dining off us) in France.

Unlikely mate. Mosquitos lay their eggs in stagnant water. Can't for the life of me ever remember seeing one in Scotland but things have obviously changed.

s.a.m
15-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Unlikely mate. Mosquitos lay their eggs in stagnant water. Can't for the life of me ever remember seeing one in Scotland but things have obviously changed.

Well, that's a relief. It's not my fault, then, for unleashing a pestilent invasion on the UK.:greengrin

Sweep
16-09-2012, 10:14 AM
They are defo moscquitoes. I googled it and found that scotland does indeed have them, warmer wetter weather bringing them from down south.