PDA

View Full Version : Hibs overseas

Dalkeith
11-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Do the overseas guys now get to see every home game live, i know it was getting spoke about ages ago

CalgaryHibs
11-09-2012, 04:18 PM
If yer a member through the Hibs website so yes is the answer. Scotland games once n ae blue moon.

beensaidbefore
11-09-2012, 04:50 PM
If yer a member through the Hibs website so yes is the answer. Scotland games once n ae blue moon.

try vipbox...

Big90inOz
11-09-2012, 10:20 PM
If you mean all Hibs home games, the answer is no............... that went with the new improved service....

Do the overseas guys now get to see every home game live, i know it was getting spoke about ages ago

Dalkeith
12-09-2012, 08:45 AM
If you mean all Hibs home games, the answer is no............... that went with the new improved service....

So months down the line nothing has changed as you are still left with only games that are on tv, must be fustrating living abroad and trying to support the club 2 home games coming up and radio only on the "new and improved"

WellingtonHibby
12-09-2012, 11:13 AM
So months down the line nothing has changed as you are still left with only games that are on tv, must be fustrating living abroad and trying to support the club 2 home games coming up and radio only on the "new and improved"

They also, in their defence, sometimes decide to stickit on ten mins before kick off and don't tell you. ..

CalgaryHibs
12-09-2012, 04:20 PM
You should have been here say 25 yrs ago when there was no internet, we had to rely on family members send there old newspapers which were about six weeks old.

akhibby
13-09-2012, 01:36 AM
You should have been here say 25 yrs ago when there was no internet, we had to rely on family members send there old newspapers which were about six weeks old.

Then a few years later, we had the up to the minute news, Stuart sending emails to the Hibs-list based on phone calls from whoever was at the game :not worth

cjward2
13-09-2012, 04:04 AM
Then a few years later, we had the up to the minute news, Stuart sending emails to the Hibs-list based on phone calls from whoever was at the game :not worth

Ah, those were the days. Good old Hibernian interactive was just the thing.

It's tough living overseas and only getting highlights.

PeeJay
13-09-2012, 05:22 PM
It's tough living overseas and only getting highlights.

Particularly when there is absolutely no need for it at all! With lower streaming rates, poorer quality cameras and early day gremlins occasionally plaguing the service we still used to see all the home games live (and then the highlights later on) plus a few away games, with fantastic commentary from HI. Now we have a "new and improved service" with higher streaming rates, HD camera, better general functional reliability and so on BUT now we only get to see the games we can get for free anyway on some friendly Internet site out there in the ether - the tv commentary for the live broadcasts is no longer provided by a Hibs fan, but by the SP -

If you want to know how to take a good service and screw it up then subscribe to Hibs International!

Jonnyboy
13-09-2012, 07:14 PM

That would be me :greengrin

I recall sitting behind the goals at Cappielow one winter's night and telling SC via my mobile that it was freezing. Minutes later he told me that you'd replied "You think it's freezing in Greenock? Try joining me in Alaska!!"

:greengrin

akhibby
14-09-2012, 12:56 PM
That would be me :greengrin

I recall sitting behind the goals at Cappielow one winter's night and telling SC via my mobile that it was freezing. Minutes later he told me that you'd replied "You think it's freezing in Greenock? Try joining me in Alaska!!"

& yet you never showed :cb

Craig_in_Prague
14-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Cant even remember the last game I set up laptop thru TV to settle down for a 3pm Sat game at ER with HI.... Used to be a regular thing.. Its a real pity.
Soccer Saturday does me fine though... I cant stand the BBC folks.

Jonnyboy
14-09-2012, 06:40 PM
& yet you never showed :cb

Was stuck to the seat :wink:

StokePogesHibs
14-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Was stuck to the seat :wink:

The funny looks you get when the text refreshed and you'd found out we'd scored....screaming in joy at a computer screen.

Jonnyboy
14-09-2012, 11:04 PM
The funny looks you get when the text refreshed and you'd found out we'd scored....screaming in joy at a computer screen.

norwayhibs
15-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Seeing as Hibs TV are not showing the killie game live ( new and improved HI :rolleyes:) does anybody know of any sites that may show it? Hopefully next weeks game will be shown.

Craig_in_Prague
15-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Seeing as Hibs TV are not showing the killie game live ( new and improved HI :rolleyes:) does anybody know of any sites that may show it? Hopefully next weeks game will be shown.

HI next game is Aberdeen away in a few weeks... I assume as its a Espn or sky game.
Pathetic.

Scooter
15-09-2012, 08:25 AM
It here anyway to listen to open all mic's on your iPhone? I'm abroad

The Green Goblin
15-09-2012, 10:59 AM
It here anyway to listen to open all mic's on your iPhone? I'm abroad

How do u do that exactly? I get a repeated recorded message saying I can't listen to the programme because I am abroad. It really does my head in.

As for HI, well.....they have blown it haven't they? Like the man said when he compared the old and "new" services- that sums it up, but I would add that there have been plenty of streaming problems with the "new" service too and folks have missed large chunks of games, plus there was the fiasco with the cup semi last year. Ach...why am I even bothering to type this- it's been pointed out so many times and is so well known it's part of Hibs internet folklore.

And they sent a questionnaire to people wondering why they hadn't re-subscribed? I look forward to their next grand farce at the Edinburgh Festival next year.....

akhibby
15-09-2012, 05:58 PM
How do u do that exactly? I get a repeated recorded message saying I can't listen to the programme because I am abroad. It really does my head in.

As for HI, well.....they have blown it haven't they? Like the man said when he compared the old and "new" services- that sums it up, but I would add that there have been plenty of streaming problems with the "new" service too and folks have missed large chunks of games, plus there was the fiasco with the cup semi last year. Ach...why am I even bothering to type this- it's been pointed out so many times and is so well known it's part of Hibs internet folklore.

And they sent a questionnaire to people wondering why they hadn't re-subscribed? I look forward to their next grand farce at the Edinburgh Festival next year.....
Proxy servers would work - but I used to listen to it without using one. Maybe it changed.

hongkonghibee
16-09-2012, 08:44 AM

It should not be too difficult to provide video streaming for these 2 home matches, as they are videoing the matches anyway for the highlights, and commentary team is in place for the audio. It would be extra income for the Club too. But there seems to be no rush to re-instate this service in spite of all the emails to Hibs from irate overseas supporters. Dundee united for instance provide a much better service than Hibs do. Hopefully Hibs TV will show next weeks match, but im not so sure they understand the strength of feeling about this issue.

DC_Hibs
16-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Seeing as Hibs TV are not showing the killie game live ( new and improved HI :rolleyes:) does anybody know of any sites that may show it?

As pointed out on hibsworld forum, how can a game be made available to view on the web if its not actually live on TV somewhere....or the BBC Alba game?

hongkonghibee
18-09-2012, 01:32 PM
As pointed out on hibsworld forum, how can a game be made available to view on the web if its not actually live on TV somewhere....or the BBC Alba game?

Its exactly these matches thats Hibs TV need to be making the effort to show live, as there is nowhere else to watch them.

beastie
22-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Its exactly these matches thats Hibs TV need to be making the effort to show live, as there is nowhere else to watch them.

How true!

And how long is it taking to get that service up and running again when there are people around who know how to make it happen :(

Can we just get a yes or no as to the return of the streams for the exiled hibbies

beastie
22-09-2012, 01:53 PM

How true!

And how long is it taking to get that service up and running again when there are people around who know how to make it happen :(

Can we just get a yes or no as to the return of the home streams for us exiled hibbies?

I think we've all been pretty patient. It's another income stream for the club but if they don't want it, just come out and say instead of the current situation lingering on.

As for today, 'mon the cabbage. Will be listening in, no other choice. Another 3 points please :)

GGTTH

PeeJay
22-09-2012, 01:53 PM
How true!

Yeah, can't see how putting the old service back into operation could really be a problem. Seems to me there must be other reasons why this is not happening. The overseas fans have said we are prepared to pay more, and to contribute to the costs of a newer camera and so on - still we get no proper feedback from the club as to when the service will return to what the many overseas Hibs fan want: a chance to watch the Hibs team online, every time when playing at home. Simple really, and easy to realise, why this is not happening is beyond me.:confused:

KWJ
22-09-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm in Nice Korea and using Expat Shield to listen on the radio. Do they only do open all mics now and not have each game online?

beastie
22-09-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm in Nice Korea and using Expat Shield to listen on the radio. Do they only do open all mics now and not have each game online?

From what I've been reading elsewhere I believe this to be the case

CalgaryHibs
27-09-2012, 11:55 AM
See Sportsnet world has this weekends game vs the Dons on local tv, starts at 2pm est 11 am west.

Phil MaGlass
27-09-2012, 12:07 PM

I watch Hibs on other websites. Me and my mate got fed up paying for a service that didnt work half the time, even had one game the camera was only pointing at a wall)luckily my mate paid for that one) not trying to be moany but I thought the service was poor, but nowadays we are all spoiled, and expect better, back in my younger days I would be ecstatic if I could even get a radio service that worked half properly when I was abroad.

PeeJay
27-09-2012, 12:14 PM
I watch Hibs on other websites. Me and my mate got fed up paying for a service that didnt work half the time, even had one game the camera was only pointing at a wall)luckily my mate paid for that one) not trying to be moany but I thought the service was poor, but nowadays we are all spoiled, and expect better, back in my younger days I would be ecstatic if I could even get a radio service that worked half properly when I was abroad.

... I missed the wall broadcast - did we win then? :greengrin

That'll be part of the new and improved service ... makes me long for the days when I used to get the Sunday Post mailed out to me three weeks late to catch up on results....:cb

Dalkeith
28-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon according to latest update on hibs-world

this bit made me smile "Contrary to the opinions of some folk who post on this forum, in order to do things right it simply cannot happen overnight",:aok: overnight should be replaced with 8 months and counting:greengrin and contrary to what a club employee thinks there is at least 1 poster on hibs-world with a proven track record in streaming video on a budget of almost zero.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon according to latest update on hibs-world

this bit made me smile "Contrary to the opinions of some folk who post on this forum, in order to do things right it simply cannot happen overnight",:aok: overnight should be replaced with 8 months and counting:greengrin and contrary to what a club employee thinks there is at least 1 poster on hibs-world with a proven track record in streaming video on a budget of almost zero.

I'm surprised this service is not up and running now, if we are to believe whats been said by Kenny and others, the service could be up and running tomorrow, with little and maybe even no cost to the club?

Why is it not running, i wish someone from the club would tell us?

You lads and lassies abroad deserve better.

ronaldo7
28-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Who is in charge of this service now?

Anybody on here know if their are any posters on here involved and can help?

Kato
28-09-2012, 08:41 AM
even had one game the camera was only pointing at a wall)luckily my mate paid for that one) .

If it was during Calderwood's tenure I'd have paid double to watch a wall.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2012, 08:43 AM
If it was during Calderwood's tenure I'd have paid double to watch a wall.

Dalkeith
28-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Why is it not running, i wish someone from the club would tell us?

You lads and lassies abroad deserve better.

no one knows except club and its a secret:confused:

Dalkeith
28-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Who is in charge of this service now?

Anybody on here know if their are any posters on here involved and can help?

plenty folk can help and do it but club are not letting live video happen apart from the live tv games

PeeJay
28-09-2012, 09:21 AM
It's very difficult to understand why the club is making it impossible for its overseas fan base to be part of the Hibs experience on match days by providing us with a live stream of the game, particularly when the club did it for several seasons? Seems to me that the wrong people (whoever they may be?) are in charge of running something in which they appear to be out of their depth: time for a change maybe, get people in who know what the fans want and how to get it up and running.

Dalkeith
28-09-2012, 09:26 AM
It's very difficult to understand why the club is making it impossible for its overseas fan base to be part of the Hibs experience on match days by providing us with a live stream of the game, particularly when the club did it for several seasons? Seems to me that the wrong people (whoever they may be?) are in charge of running something in which they appear to be out of their depth: time for a change maybe, get people in who know what the fans want and how to get it up and running.

live streaming in 30 mins easy
(low pic and frame rate due to my crap net connection)

http://hibs-world.net/test.html
offline now

HibsMax
28-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Just a quick word to say sorry for not being on Hibs World for a while. My parents are over visiting right now (leave on Monday) so my online activity has been more limited than normal. I have no idea what the latest update is but I haven't heard anything new via e-mail.

hongkonghibee
03-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Just a quick word to say sorry for not being on Hibs World for a while. My parents are over visiting right now (leave on Monday) so my online activity has been more limited than normal. I have no idea what the latest update is but I haven't heard anything new via e-mail.

You havent missed much Hibsmax.
The club are really dragging their feet on this issue. They seem against involving volunteers to re-introduce the old live streaming service, which i believe is what the vast majority of overseas fans would like to see happen. They seem to have accepted now that the service by Perform is not good enough and they say they do want to resume a live streaming service, but they refuse to give a target date for resumption of live home match streaming.
They have a new camera, they have the commentary team in place for audio, they have the volunteers to do it, they have overseas fans willing to fund it. It seems overseas fans are low on Hibernian football clubs priority list. They wont even tell us if they expect to provide it for this season at all.

beastie
17-10-2012, 10:11 AM
You havent missed much Hibsmax.
The club are really dragging their feet on this issue. They seem against involving volunteers to re-introduce the old live streaming service, which i believe is what the vast majority of overseas fans would like to see happen. They seem to have accepted now that the service by Perform is not good enough and they say they do want to resume a live streaming service, but they refuse to give a target date for resumption of live home match streaming.
They have a new camera, they have the commentary team in place for audio, they have the volunteers to do it, they have overseas fans willing to fund it. It seems overseas fans are low on Hibernian football clubs priority list. They wont even tell us if they expect to provide it for this season at all.

Perfect summation there. Not heard anything for pretty much a few weeks now :(

For all the talk of a desire to reinstate the live streaming of each home game, it's gone ominously quiet.

Maybe the silence is intentional as they're going to make an announcement to advise that the service will be up and running within days.

We can but dream!

GGTTH

hongkonghibee
17-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Perfect summation there. Not heard anything for pretty much a few weeks now :(

For all the talk of a desire to reinstate the live streaming of each home game, it's gone ominously quiet.

Maybe the silence is intentional as they're going to make an announcement to advise that the service will be up and running within days.

We can but dream!

GGTTH

The Club really should state when they aim to re-introduce this service. Its taken 8 months now, and we seem no further forward except an acknowledgment that the service provided by Perform is not good enough and that there is a desire to provide live streaming in the future. Hibs TV dont seem interested in using volunteers to run this service at a profit, but seem to want to find another outside service provider which IMO will be less profitable although hopefully better quality streaming. They could easily and quickly re-instated the old service for this season until they sorted out a new outside service provider for this service.
The goodwill factor has been lost, and personally if I felt the Club really cared about us overseas supporters they would have acted faster. I already spent 1200 pounds to get to the cup final, so my commitment to Hibs should not be in question.
I would have bought a 200 pound HibsTV live season ticket,(and i offered a donation) . I will buy a Home shirt, and a granite block, but im so annoyed by Hibs TV that I cant bring myself to do that until they prove to me they care about overseas supporters and start up the home match live service again. I wonder how much money they have lost out on by pissing off all their overseas fans?

Dalkeith
17-10-2012, 01:10 PM
What happened to the constant dialogue that’s hibs tv are in with overseas fans?
I wonder just how much money the club has lost out on from overseas fans not to mention all the goodwill that would have been generated, maybe a question for AGM?

Smaller cubs than hibs can do it (Dundee Utd and first division Falkirk ) yet in over 8 months our club seems incapable of putting something together for you guys so it looks like it’s the “new and improved” service for the foreseeable future, a service that the club has admitted is pants but not able/willing to do anything about it.

hongkonghibee
23-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Some more encouraging news from Hibs TV posted on the Hibs-World forum.
Hope its OK to post it on here too!

"Hi Tom,
We are in the process of trying to install a short term fix for the rest of the season.
Obviously with the delay in doing so, this may have meant some guys will have fallen away. To that end, can those who would still subscribe to matches please confirm via this thread so that it will give us a head-count of potential subscribers.
I know you are looking for timing's and at this time I can't give you an exact date but it is something that is being worked on at present and quickly.
Cheers
Billy "

Any overseas supporters, please add their names on that Hibs-World thread.
To contact HibsTV directly please email HibsTV at tv_live@hiberniantv.co.uk

newmarket_hibbee
23-10-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm up for purchasing individual games like I did beforen through work and play and time difference, I am not always available to watch the games.

"Hi Tom,
We are in the process of trying to install a short term fix for the rest of the season.
Obviously with the delay in doing so, this may have meant some guys will have fallen away. To that end, can those who would still subscribe to matches please confirm via this thread so that it will give us a head-count of potential subscribers.
I know you are looking for timing's and at this time I can't give you an exact date but it is something that is being worked on at present and quickly.
Cheers
Billy "

HibeeEmma
23-10-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm up for purchasing individual games like I did beforen through work and play and time difference, I am not always available to watch the games.

I'm lucky to get electricity and internet connection at the same time to see the scores updated on .net or bbc.

HibsMax
24-10-2012, 07:23 PM
I've been out of the scene for the past few weeks - parents visiting and other scheduling conflicts that prevent me from using Hibs TV - but everything seems to have dried up (at least on the e-mail front). I, like many, waited for something to happen but nothing did. I'm not sure what my expectations should have been but I think I was hoping for too much. I had to take a break and step back because I didn't really see much happening.

ronaldo7
24-10-2012, 07:54 PM

"Hi Tom,
Cheers
Billy "

:faf: The trams will be running before the overseas guys get to see the Hibs.

Jonnyboy
24-10-2012, 08:12 PM
To all those Hibbies who complain about date changes etc (and I accept you've every right to do so :wink:) spare a thought for the overseas guys who rarely get the chance to watch Hibs, regardless of when fixtures are played. A few seasons back just about every game, both home and away, was available via the club's service. Nowadays there's next to none available. It's a shame this has been allowed to happen in my opinion :agree:

Steve-O
25-10-2012, 07:38 AM
I must also say that what is available is pretty crap quality as well. The picture on the high quality stream for me constantly pauses (the audio does not) and it's impossible to watch. I end up watching a stream from elsewhere and have now unsubscribed from Hibs TV as there's just no point in keeping it on.

Septimus
25-10-2012, 07:57 AM
It has not really been "allowed to happen". It has been a deliberate policy of the Club taken with no thought whatsoever to the fact that they have alienated most, if not all, of their overseas supporters. I don't suppose I will ever reach the stage where I couldn't care less about Hibs but I certainly do not have a keen interest any more.

norwayhibs
05-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Hibs tv has had a test stream for the last two games and by all accounts were streamed without any hitches, hopefully this can be the start of the "old " service again, with all home games streamed live.

The Green Goblin
05-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Hibs tv has had a test stream for the last two games and by all accounts were streamed without any hitches, hopefully this can be the start of the "old " service again, with all home games streamed live.

Great. Thanks for sharing. Will you keep us updated on here? :not worth

Centre Hawf
05-11-2012, 09:39 PM
I think a lot of people dont give credit to the people who help to provide content for overseas and domestic fans. I know that a lot of the work is done volunterily and take time out their saturday to help out. As for the highlights i think the fact they are on most occassions up on the saturday night at 20+ minutes long is a cracking bit of work.

Most people forget that these guys are lifelong Hibbies and want to help other loving fans follow the club.

The Green Goblin
05-11-2012, 09:51 PM
I think a lot of people dont give credit to the people who help to provide content for overseas and domestic fans. I know that a lot of the work is done volunterily and take time out their saturday to help out. As for the highlights i think the fact they are on most occassions up on the saturday night at 20+ minutes long is a cracking bit of work.

Most people forget that these guys are lifelong Hibbies and want to help other loving fans follow the club.

No, they don't forget that. Not at all. You are preaching to the choir and having a wee go at the wrong people here. The issue is with the way in which the club let a perfectly decent service slow down and ultimately fail by outsourcing it to people who didn't know their ar*e from their elbow and cared even less. This is the tail end of a year long debate on the subject, during which several overseas fans, representing a much larger number, have attempted to engage in constructive dialogue with the club, but that has proved to be a very frustrating and very slow/drawn-out process. I really think that jumping in and making assumptions about the overseas fans's position isn't really fair here.

Jonnyboy
05-11-2012, 09:53 PM

Sorry but that's even wider of the mark than Hans Eskilsson's shot at ER

No, they don't forget that. Not at all. You are preaching to the choir and having a wee go at the wrong people here. The issue is with the way in which the club let a perfectly decent service slow down and ultimately fail by outsourcing it to people who didn't know their ar*e from their elbow and cared even less. This is the tail end of a year long debate on the subject, during which several overseas fans, representing a much larger number, have attempted to engage in constructive dialogue with the club, but that has proved to be a very frustrating and very slow/drawn-out process. I really think that jumping in and making assumptions about the overseas fans's position isn't really fair here.

:agree: Absolutely spot on TGG :agree:

Centre Hawf
05-11-2012, 09:57 PM

Im not having a go at over seas fans because if i live abroad i'd want to see the team play each week too, but i understand there is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes (only know from a mate of mine that volunteers) so i was only merely trying to credit them for the work they do. For example sacrificing a saturday night to edit and upload highlights.

HibsMax
06-11-2012, 12:15 AM
We know what it takes and we absolutely appreciate the work done by volunteers. That was never the issue.

I've taken a step back from the whole thing for my own mental health. We tried to get things moving along, we spoke with the club. Maybe things are getting better now. I don't know since I got distracted with my parents recent visit and I've been busy the past few weekends.