PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Deek knocked back the Huns

lucky
10-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Deek claiming he knocked back the Huns in the summer on Twitter in a conversation with Irvine Welsh. Anyone know where Deek is going?

FranckSuzy
10-09-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm sure I read on here that Ross County were in for him

whereswallace?
10-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Deek claiming he knocked back the Huns in the summer on Twitter in a conversation with Irvine Welsh. Anyone know where Deek is going?

Im pretty sure thats not a real account :wink:

Jim44
10-09-2012, 05:12 PM

No idea what he's doing. I don't know if there's much truth in this, but if so, good on him as he could have gone there for 'money for old rope'. It's reassuring that some players have standards and a bit of self-respect. FWIW, he's taking a hiding from the two-faced sevco tw*ts, many of whom, a couple of months ago, were saying he would have been a good signing.

lucky
10-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Just said the offer from THE Rangers was knocked because did not want to play in the 3rd division. He said it was not about money.

Judas Iscariot
10-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Thats not his account

HibbyAndy
10-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Thats not his account

Correct. But Irvine Welsh hinks its him :hilarious

silverhibee
10-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Correct. But Irvine Welsh hinks its him :hilarious

:faf::greengrin

tamig
10-09-2012, 06:17 PM

Into early retirement maybe?

IWasThere2016
10-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Might no be a real account but the info ain't bad :wink:

allezsauzee
10-09-2012, 06:42 PM
I believe Deek is considering hanging up his boots and going into motivational speaking

db03
10-09-2012, 07:48 PM
He was def on trial with Ross County last week

HH81
10-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Signed for halifax town conf north.

SteveHFC
10-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Signed for halifax town conf north.

:faf::faf:

lucky
10-09-2012, 08:09 PM
If its a fake account he's got the Huns well wound up. He is trending on twitter in Glasgow :thumbsup:

Billychaotic182
10-09-2012, 09:31 PM
If its a fake account then why is Leigh, stokes and other real players following him?

chrisski33
10-09-2012, 11:40 PM
If its a fake account then why is Leigh, stokes and other real players following him?

Maybe cause their accounts are fake or their stupid!
Seriously just cause its on twitter doesnt make it fact!

frazeHFC
11-09-2012, 12:11 AM

Maybe they were like me, saw 'Derek Riordan' etc, followed him, but then realised it was fake and haven't yet unfollowed.

broonie27
11-09-2012, 01:48 AM
Maybe cause their accounts are fake or their stupid!
Seriously just cause its on twitter doesnt make it fact!

Mate, I wouldn't go calling anyone stupid with spelling like that. :wink:

FitbaFolkKen
11-09-2012, 03:25 AM
Mate, I wouldn't go calling anyone stupid with spelling like that. :wink:

OMG he used the wrong they're.... you have destroyed this thread well played!

Some people thought the twitter account was real, some thought it fake. Who cares let the pedants lose and lets get right in on the grammar on this thread, that is what is important. Never mind the content or topic of the thread.

All Chrisski33 has done is told people to beware of fake twitter accounts. Reading through the tweets you would have to be a moron to think that was deeks, no activity for three months and then a day baiting THE Rangers.....

Although it would be nice if it was real :wink:

ScottB
11-09-2012, 07:16 AM
He's signed for County apparently...

lapsedhibee
11-09-2012, 07:53 AM

Who cares let the pedants lose and lets get right in on the grammar on this thread, that is what is important. Never mind the content or topic of the thread.

Loose. :wink:

Robinho08
11-09-2012, 08:51 AM
County wont pay more than £800 p/w, Deek wants a lot more apparently. I think it would be a good move for him though, Derek Adams would get his career back on track.

Jim44
11-09-2012, 09:19 AM
County wont pay more than £800 p/w, Deek wants a lot more apparently. I think it would be a good move for him though, Derek Adams would get his career back on track.

Exactly. When you've been eating cake for a while and it suddenly stops, you can get by on bread and butter until the cakeman comes along again.

silverhibee
11-09-2012, 09:24 AM

Source.

Judas Iscariot
11-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Source.

The twitter account :greengrin

Springbank
11-09-2012, 11:12 AM
I think it's because not cause

Springbank
11-09-2012, 11:14 AM
As St. Winifred's choir once sang live on Blue Peter (back in the day) "Grammar I love you, grammar I do"

Very pleasant change from the Wham! and others

ScottB
11-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Source.

County supporting mate, he's fairly well connected with the club. Whether it's true or not I don't know, hence my use of 'apparently' :wink:

beensaidbefore
11-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Loose. :wink:

:faf:

Famous5forever
11-09-2012, 05:40 PM

pity i had faint hopes he would return to us on a pay as you play basis but i guess with Petrie working for nowt:confused: then petrie would not sanction such a bold move.

The_Sauz
11-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Whenever money got mentioned, I knew someone would come on and mentioned PETRIE! Some people just can't leave alone :bitchy:

Hibrandenburg
11-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Only 30 posts on this thread. I would have thought it would have went viral by now :-)

ScottB
11-09-2012, 07:18 PM
pity i had faint hopes he would return to us on a pay as you play basis but i guess with Petrie working for nowt:confused: then petrie would not sanction such a bold move.

I agree, paying someone that's barely kicked a ball in over a year would be a bold move. Not the good kind of bold mind you.

This season we have no broken former players using the club as a rehab centre, and lo and behold we suddenly have a great team spirit and fight about the place. The book is now closed on that strategy and it should stay that way!

tamig
11-09-2012, 07:19 PM
I agree, paying someone that's barely kicked a ball in over a year would be a bold move. Not the good kind of bold mind you.

This season we have no broken former players using the club as a rehab centre, and lo and behold we suddenly have a great team spirit and fight about the place. The book is now closed on that strategy and it should stay that way!

Couldn't agree more :agree:

Robinho08
11-09-2012, 08:09 PM

Hear, hear!

broonie27
12-09-2012, 01:53 AM

Some people thought the twitter account was real, some thought it fake. Who cares let the pedants lose and lets get right in on the grammar on this thread, that is what is important. Never mind the content or topic of the thread.

All Chrisski33 has done is told people to beware of fake twitter accounts. Reading through the tweets you would have to be a moron to think that was deeks, no activity for three months and then a day baiting THE Rangers.....

Although it would be nice if it was real :wink:

Now, I'm hoping that rant was done in the voice of your avatar?

Golden Bear
12-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Deeks is now training with Kilmarnock according to today's Express. The article says that he failed to agree terms with Ross County so talk of him signing seem to have been wide of the mark.

I wonder if he could appear as a trialist against us on Saturday?!

silverhibee
12-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Deeks is now training with Kilmarnock according to today's Express. The article says that he failed to agree terms with Ross County so talk of him signing seem to have been wide of the mark.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/345486/Derek-Riordan-gets-another-chance-at-Killie

IFONLY
12-09-2012, 01:12 PM

Hope so as there is no way he will be match fit!!!!!!!!!!