PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Two Fixtures Rearranged

hibbysam
10-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Motherwell vs Hibernian game has been moved to Friday 26th October at 7.45pm.

Also moved is the home game against Dundee United to Sunday 11th November at 12.45pm

Green Man
10-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Let's hope their floodlights are working this time!

RSS Bot
10-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Friday night trip to Fir Park

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120910/two-fixtures-rearranged_2262950_2915191)

JimBHibees
10-09-2012, 02:21 PM

Also moved is the home game against Dundee United to Sunday 11th November at 12.45pm

Another shocker one of the most attractive home games moved to Sunday lunchtime. A joke.

Chuck Rhoades
10-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Another shocker one of the most attractive home games moved to Sunday lunchtime. A joke.

Probably explains the move, ESPN/Sky will no doubt be covering it.

LancashireHibby
10-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Chuffed with the Motherwell move as I couldn't make the Saturday. Less so the Dundee Utd switch though!

Cabbage East
10-09-2012, 02:58 PM
That United one is an absolute pisser, sick of this. Will take a couple of thousand off the gate and ruin what would have been a decent Saturday.

EdinMike
10-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Yay I work weekends, and nights too so both games are out of the equation now... Ta TV Folk !!...

hibsfan7
10-09-2012, 03:09 PM
I hope their fllodlights are working this time if the same thing happens again hibs should claim the points

frazeHFC
10-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Was amazing trip last time, even if it was only half a game. Hopefully be able to get to it!

JimBHibees
10-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Probably explains the move, ESPN/Sky will no doubt be covering it.

Yep they are, Sunday lunchtime games are a joke. Saturday lunchtime better or Sunday later say 2pm or so.

dangermouse
10-09-2012, 03:38 PM
The United game will be out 15th league game of the season and our 7th different kick off time.

TV is killing the game up here and the sooner the clubs collectively tell Sky/ESPN to do one the better.

Stevie Reid
10-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Yep they are, Sunday lunchtime games are a joke. Saturday lunchtime better or Sunday later say 2pm or so.

:agree:

ANYTHING except Sunday midday - even Monday night would be better IMO.

LioNeilMessi
10-09-2012, 03:53 PM
I hate night fixtures in Motherwell if using public transport. It's one of our closest away games and it's impossible to get back to Edinburgh before midnight :rolleyes:

Eric
10-09-2012, 03:56 PM
I conjunction with Shetland Hibs, Orkney Hibs at their AGM on 30 June selected the Dundee Utd game on 10 November for their annual visit to ER. The game is chosen as early as possible so that Members of both Clubs can get the best travel deal possible but thereby incurring non refundable fares. Now for the second year running the KO time for our selected match has been changed, the previous one being the Hamilton game in April 2011.

I raised a question with Rod Petrie on changes to KO times at the HSA forum on 26 August and will be doing so again at the LWT meeting on Wednesday. To us changes to KO times for live TV should not be made within 3 months of the scheduled date and this should be contractual.

Anything fellow fans can do to help us push our initiative forward would be welcomed as would constructive suggestions.:thumbsup:

Golden Bear
10-09-2012, 04:06 PM
I conjunction with Shetland Hibs, Orkney Hibs at their AGM on 30 June selected the Dundee Utd game on 10 November for their annual visit to ER. The game is chosen as early as possible so that Members of both Clubs can get the best travel deal possible but thereby incurring non refundable fares. Now for the second year running the KO time for our selected match has been changed, the previous one being the Hamilton game in April 2011.

I raised a question with Rod Petrie on changes to KO times at the HSA forum on 26 August and will be doing so again at the LWT meeting on Wednesday. To us changes to KO times for live TV should not be made within 3 months of the scheduled date and this should be contractual.

Anything fellow fans can do to help us push our initiative forward would be welcomed as would constructive suggestions.:thumbsup:

I sympathise with your predicament but unfortunately the fans are not a priority when the TV companies come bidding. It's a sad fact despite the patronising attitude of many SPL Chairmen.

DH1875
10-09-2012, 04:09 PM
That United one is an absolute pisser, sick of this. Will take a couple of thousand off the gate and ruin what would have been a decent Saturday.

Another game I won't be making :fuming:.

Was amazing trip last time, even if it was only half a game. Hopefully be able to get to it!

Hopefully it'll only be a tenner to get in as well :greengrin.

Eric
10-09-2012, 04:20 PM
I sympathise with your predicament but unfortunately the fans are not a priority when the TV companies come bidding. It's a sad fact despite the patronising attitude of many SPL Chairmen.

To me the point is that with the events of this year we now have "fan power". I am looking for the SFA/SPL/SFL to take this into consideration when next the contract is renewed and will be making this clear at the LWT meeting. I don't accept that doing nothing is an option!

yeezus.
10-09-2012, 04:21 PM
I got unbelievably drunk that time Motherwell played Hibs. Apparently I went back to hillhead and started celebrating thinking Hibs won.

HH81
10-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Chuffed with the Motherwell move as I couldn't make the Saturday. Less so the Dundee Utd switch though!

How will you be getting up to Motherwell on a Friday night?

sbell1875
10-09-2012, 04:23 PM

I went along to the Friday game last year and enjoyed the whole experience so I'm glad it's just along the road for me again.

As for the United game I was due to be working the Saturday so I was going to be loaning out the season ticket but now I can make.

I do agree with the majority though it is a bit of a bummer with the kick off time.

Golden Bear
10-09-2012, 04:31 PM
To me the point is that with the events of this year we now have "fan power". I am looking for the SFA/SPL/SFL to take this into consideration when next the contract is renewed and will be making this clear at the LWT meeting. I don't accept that doing nothing is an option!

I totally agree and hope you can make some inroads into what has become a farcical situation.

I like your avatar by the way.

:aok:

Pretty Boy
10-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Happy with the Motherwell move, enjoy a Friday night game. Early finish and straight on the bevvy.

Dundee Utd games a bit of a pain in the erse though.

cabbageandribs1875
10-09-2012, 04:40 PM
friday night game through in motherwell, hopefully get along to that one :)

blackpoolhibs
10-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Sunday football sucks. :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
10-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Sunday football sucks. :rolleyes:

:agree: As do Friday Night's......Its a total joke, the fans are last to be thought of in all of this...... Don't even start me on a midweek trip to Dingwall.......:grr:

Baldy Foghorn
10-09-2012, 04:55 PM
I hate night fixtures in Motherwell if using public transport. It's one of our closest away games and it's impossible to get back to Edinburgh before midnight :rolleyes:

You could try one of the supporter's buses that travel......

3pm
10-09-2012, 04:58 PM
ESPN. Jokers.

The Rodfather tried to block them but was overruled by the other clubs.

LioNeilMessi
10-09-2012, 05:31 PM
You could try one of the supporter's buses that travel......

Yeah cheers may do that. But the decision is usually last minute based on how much money I have to spare or if it's reduced entry. Last year it was only £5 entry with an £10 on the train so it was a no brainer. Paid the price spending a lengthy time in a soaking Belshill though :no way:

Hibby_Paul
10-09-2012, 05:46 PM

Agree you must be fuming Eric.

I know all the hard work you put into this and you can't even pick a 'safe game' that won't get switched these days. The fans just always get shafted.

Hope your crowd can still make and enjoy the game with new kick off time.

Sylar
10-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Yay I work weekends, and nights too so both games are out of the equation now... Ta TV Folk !!...

Which games have you been to recently which aren't either on an evening or weekend?

NAE NOOKIE
10-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Would rather Hibs had a few Friday home games than these annoying Sunday kick offs. I understand the Police are against this and perhaps if it was a derby that would be justified. But the Police are there to serve the public, not the other way around.

The only precedent for Friday football I'm aware of has been at Motherwell and I think Aberdeen which both passed off without incident. I think if the Police are against Hibs, or the Yams, playing at home on a Friday against the likes of Dundee Utd or Motherwell then they should have to justify why they cant cope with such a fixture especially in the light of other forces ability to do so.

The last time I looked they have friday nights in Aberdeen and Motherwell .... Their Police can cope ... why not Lothian & Borders finest?

The other thing is that stopping Hibs from playing on a Friday night is a restriction of trade ... surely that has to be justified by facts and figures showing why this shouldnt be allowed .... not just a presumption by L&B Police that it will cause a problem, with no statistics or precedent in Edinburgh to back that up.

Anything but a Sunday at 12:45

TheCabbage
10-09-2012, 06:05 PM
The United game will be out 15th league game of the season and our 7th different kick off time.

TV is killing the game up here and the sooner the clubs collectively tell Sky/ESPN to do one the better.

Yet all the clubs had an opportunity to tell the TV companies to do 1 & a lots of fans were worried about the lack of income.
No easy compromise I am afraid

allezsauzee
10-09-2012, 06:48 PM
away to Motherwell on a friday? they had their chance to make that work last season and it was a shambles. Why a repeat this season?

DH1875
10-09-2012, 06:57 PM
away to Motherwell on a friday? they had their chance to make that work last season and it was a shambles. Why a repeat this season?

Shambles is a bit strong. I had a great time and despite the result the rearranged game was a good wee night as well :greengrin.

NAE NOOKIE
10-09-2012, 07:00 PM

Because its not usual for Motherwell to have a fire at every evening fixture.

nonshinyfinish
10-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Which games have you been to recently which aren't either on an evening or weekend?

Was wondering that too. :confused:

Ultrabee1-0
10-09-2012, 07:47 PM
I can totally understand people who hate re-arranged kick offs or dates but now am saturday football the more it gets changed the more games I can reach:)

Mark79
10-09-2012, 08:01 PM
This is one of the main reasons SPL football is so poorly attended. Sunday and Friday games purely for folk to sit on their sofas and watch.

Utter crap.

fife hfc
10-09-2012, 08:34 PM
BARSTEWARDS! Bought tickets for the rugby on the Sunday and the chunts do this. I thought I had it all arranged in November with Hibs on the saturday and Scotland on the Sunday.

Eric
10-09-2012, 09:00 PM
I totally agree and hope you can make some inroads into what has become a farcical situation.

I like your avatar by the way.

:aok:

All thanks to Saltire2k:wink:

Jim Herriot
10-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Quite a few Dundee and Dundee United games will be rescheduled this season because when the fixtures came out the SPL hadn't considered the possibility of Dundee being "club 12". That *might* be the case here.

EdinMike
10-09-2012, 11:43 PM

3pm K.O are fine as it gives me at least 5 hours sleep, I start at 8pm most nights. I love going to away games and this move has robbed me of two I feel.

Eric
11-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Quite a few Dundee and Dundee United games will be resheduled this season because when the fixtures came out the SPL hadn't considered the possibility of Dundee being "club 12". That *might* be the case here.

The clash between Dundee and Dundee Utd games only occurs when BOTH have a HOME match scheduled for the same KO time and that isn't the case here.

Probably shouldn't mention it on .net in case the TV companies are reading this :wink:but the Orkney Hibs and Shetland Hibs visit to ER on 10 November is being cancelled and we are considering rescheduling for the ICT game on 30 March. If we can select a game 6 months ahead of it taking place why can't the TV companies give us at least 3 months warning of changes. The solution is to have this covered contractually and this will be the thrust of my comments to Rod Petrie at the LWT meeting tomorrow.

Keith_M
11-09-2012, 10:49 AM
One of the best games of football I've ever seen was a Friday evening fixture away to the 'Well. IIRC, that was the first ever live Friday game. Against all expectation, over 3,000 Hibbys attended.

I'm really struggling to remember the year, anyone remember this game?

Baldy Foghorn
11-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Quite a few Dundee and Dundee United games will be rescheduled this season because when the fixtures came out the SPL hadn't considered the possibility of Dundee being "club 12". That *might* be the case here.

The second of the two games changed, is our home match to Utd, so whether Dundee are at home has no bearing

Baldy Foghorn
11-09-2012, 10:56 AM
One of the best games of football I've ever seen was a Friday evening fixture away to the 'Well. IIRC, that was the first ever live Friday game. Against all expectation, over 3,000 Hibbys attended.

I'm really struggling to remember the year, anyone remember this game?

Remember it vaguely maybe 12/13 years ago? Sure it finished a draw (maybe 0-0) but not 100% certain

hibeeleicester
11-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Magic, my new Sky and ESPN HD package will come into use :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
11-09-2012, 11:09 AM

It sucks, and dont let him away with the "its the telly that decides when games are played pi5h" no its not its up to the clubs to get this sorted out before contracts are signed, and they damn well know this.Should be atleast 2 1/2 - 3months notice, its the same bloody reason I cannae get tae games, flight prices go up nearer the time and its a pisser if you book in advance then find out the games been moved. Honest tae god FIFA/EU need tae introduce rules like the EU enforced when theres plane delays or cancellations that travellers get their cash refunded, the TV or clubs should be liable for the same refunds, you would soon see major changes if that was implemented.
Mibbe it sounds daft but its aboot time these ****ers stopped taking us for granted (clubs/SPL and TV)

Gatecrasher
11-09-2012, 11:31 AM
This thread reminds me of this one, there are some mental stats for our Kick off times recently

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?232392-Hibs-v-Dunfermline-Monday-night-7th-May-(Post-Split-Fixtures)&highlight=kick+offs :timebomb:

PatHead
11-09-2012, 11:35 AM
It sucks, and dont let him away with the "its the telly that decides when games are played pi5h" no its not its up to the clubs to get this sorted out before contracts are signed, and they damn well know this.Should be atleast 2 1/2 - 3months notice, its the same bloody reason I cannae get tae games, flight prices go up nearer the time and its a pisser if you book in advance then find out the games been moved. Honest tae god FIFA/EU need tae introduce rules like the EU enforced when theres plane delays or cancellations that travellers get their cash refunded, the TV or clubs should be liable for the same refunds, you would soon see major changes if that was implemented.
Mibbe it sounds daft but its aboot time these ****ers stopped taking us for granted (clubs/SPL and TV)

Uefa are the biggest hoares to tv money.

Europa League Thursday nights, internationals on a Friday, no games allowed to compete with Champions League games Wouldn't hold my breath

Phil MaGlass
11-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Uefa are the biggest hoares to tv money.

Europa League Thursday nights, internationals on a Friday, no games allowed to compete with Champions League games Wouldn't hold my breath

aye but arent most, if not all of these games dates and times set in stone months or a year before, Im almost positive thats how it is.

LancashireHibby
11-09-2012, 11:49 AM
How will you be getting up to Motherwell on a Friday night?
Will be driving up mate (or more to the point I'm trying to blag my mate to do the driving).