PDA

View Full Version : Sean Welsh

neilmartinrocks
09-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Just watching the Partick v Raith game on BBC Alba, is Sean signed for the Jags or on loan?
He's playing no bad. the Jags 3-0 winners.

scoopyboy
09-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Just watching the Partick v Raith game on BBC Alba, is Sean signed for the Jags or on loan?
He's playing no bad. the Jags 3-0 winners.

Signed, playing well every week from what I hear.

neilmartinrocks
09-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Signed, playing well every week from what I hear.

Cheers wasn't sure if he signed for them. Aye, he set up a goal for Erskine (sp) and done not bad at all. Hope he does well with them.

scoopyboy
09-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Cheers wasn't sure if he signed for them. Aye, he set up a goal for Erskine (sp) and done not bad at all. Hope he does well with them.

I've been following his fortunes.

One midweek he was substituted against Queens Park after only 7 minutes, I thought oh no another serious injury.

Thankfully it was no more than a kick in the face.

Broken Gnome
09-09-2012, 06:49 PM
If Paul Cairney had a wee word in Chris Erskine's ear about a move to ER... Looked good.

Cocaine&Caviar
09-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Who am I missing from the U19 winning squad?

Booth
Smith
Hanlon
Taggart?

Welch
Wotherspoon
Welsh

Byrne
Deane

matty_f
09-09-2012, 07:00 PM
I thought he'd be one that would have made it here, I think he was really unlucky with injuries and also suffered from the first team being so poor we couldn't risk youngsters.

Broken Gnome
09-09-2012, 07:23 PM

Booth
Smith
Hanlon
Taggart?

Welch
Wotherspoon
Welsh

Byrne
Deane

Ollie Russell?

Jonnyboy
09-09-2012, 07:27 PM
I thought he'd be one that would have made it here, I think he was really unlucky with injuries and also suffered from the first team being so poor we couldn't risk youngsters.

Nail on the head there Matty. Had high hopes for Sean but it shows just how unpredictable football can be

Deek01
09-09-2012, 07:32 PM

Booth
Smith
Hanlon
Taggart?

Welch
Wotherspoon
Welsh

Byrne
Deane

Thomas Flynn, Ewan Moyes and Lee Currie are another 3 that come to mind.

scoopyboy
09-09-2012, 08:42 PM

Booth
Smith
Hanlon
Taggart?

Welch
Wotherspoon
Welsh

Byrne
Deane

As mentioned elsewhere Lee Currie, Thomas Flynn(GK), Ollie Russell and Ewan Moyes. Fraser Bell played a few games second half of the season.

Paul Hanlon didn't play for the 19s that season.

Cocaine&Caviar
09-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Oh yeh.

GK: Flynn
RB:
CB: Moyes
CB: Smith
LB: Booth

RM: Wotherspoon
CM: Welsh
CM: Currie
LM: Russell

ST: Byrne
ST: Deane

Was typiy the team wasn't it?

ballengeich
09-09-2012, 09:06 PM
I thought Welsh was very good today. Watching that Partick side, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at ER next season playing against us.

SMAXXA
09-09-2012, 09:42 PM
I thought Welsh was very good today. Watching that Partick side, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at ER next season playing against us.

Shock - a player that showed nowt when given a chence at hibs yet he and x amount of players will come back and haunt us? We nees to get real he will be another not good enough who cares,

matty_f
09-09-2012, 10:15 PM
As mentioned elsewhere Lee Currie, Thomas Flynn(GK), Ollie Russell and Ewan Moyes. Fraser Bell played a few games second half of the season.

Fergus Bell. :wink:

andrew70
09-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Shock - a player that showed nowt when given a chence at hibs yet he and x amount of players will come back and haunt us? We nees to get real he will be another not good enough who cares,

That's actually a bit harsh. Sean had a very unlucky time at Hibs due to injuries. Indeed during the 19s double season he was a very influential player and captain. Sean will do well, if he stays fit, and while he may not come back to haunt us I think it's silly to dismiss him in this manner.

ballengeich
09-09-2012, 10:39 PM

I didn't suggest he'd haunt us, but I thought he was one of the better players today in a Partick Thistle side that has a good chance of promotion this season. It may be that he'd have made it with Hibs if he'd not had injuries. Good luck to him in his career.

scoopyboy
10-09-2012, 05:49 AM
Fergus Bell. :wink:

I was close:greengrin

scoopyboy
10-09-2012, 05:59 AM
Oh yeh.

GK: Flynn
RB:
CB: Moyes
CB: Smith
LB: Booth

RM: Wotherspoon
CM: Welsh
CM: Currie
LM: Russell

ST: Byrne
ST: Deane

Was typiy the team wasn't it?

Right back was Park, can't remember his christian name.

Broken Gnome
10-09-2012, 06:41 AM
Right back was Park, can't remember his christian name.

Ally I think? Got him from Rangers and he ended up in the lower leagues after Hibs.

Part/Time Supporter
10-09-2012, 08:17 AM

He dropped back into the U19 team to play in the Youth Cup final.

fife hfc
10-09-2012, 09:08 AM

No he didn't.

Brooster
10-09-2012, 11:58 AM

No he didn't. He was in the same pub as me at the back of hampden 5 mins before kick off haha.

oconnors_strip
10-09-2012, 01:30 PM

It was rangers who brought back first team players like fleck to play against us and even he couldn't save them!

Part/Time Supporter
10-09-2012, 01:37 PM
It was rangers who brought back first team players like fleck to play against us and even he couldn't save them!

Cheers, I think that must be causing my confusion. IIRC there was a discussion on here as to whether Hibs should do that with Hanlon because he was eligible (he's about the same age as Wotherspoon).

scoopyboy
10-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Cheers, I think that must be causing my confusion. IIRC there was a discussion on here as to whether Hibs should do that with Hanlon because he was eligible (he's about the same age as Wotherspoon).

There was a theory going about at the time that if Rangers brought Fleck in we should do the same with Hanlon.

IIRC they didn't play Fleck.

I think wotherspoon is a few days older than Hanlon, both have their birthdays in January.

oconnors_strip
10-09-2012, 02:38 PM
There was a theory going about at the time that if Rangers brought Fleck in we should do the same with Hanlon.

IIRC they didn't play Fleck.

I think wotherspoon is a few days older than Hanlon, both have their birthdays in January.

Their team had good strong young players though

Here is match report and team line ups http://m.scotsman.com/sport/rangers-u19-1-2-hibernian-u19-byrne-wins-youth-cup-for-hibs-1-1036410

Cocaine&Caviar
10-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Their team had good strong young players though

Here is match report and team line ups http://m.scotsman.com/sport/rangers-u19-1-2-hibernian-u19-byrne-wins-youth-cup-for-hibs-1-1036410

Interesting that they had the likes of Danny Wilson (Liverpool), Ross Perry (Rangers), Gregg Wylde (Bolton), Jamie Ness (Stoke), Kyle Hutton etc in their XI