PDA

View Full Version : Boozy returns as an academy coach

R'Albin
09-09-2012, 08:15 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120909/boozy-is-back_2262950_2913257

:flag:

Hibernian are pleased to confirm that popular former player Guillaume 'Boozy' Beuzelin has rejoined the club as an Academy coach with immediate effect.
The charismatic Frenchman originally moved to Easter Road as an influential midfielder in the summer of 2004 and recorded 118 appearances before joining Coventry City four years later.
Now the 33-year-old, who retired through injury, is back and has been assigned the task of coaching the club's under-14 team - something Beuzelin says he is delighted about.
Beuzelin said: "I've been asked by the club to come back and to become a coach of the youth Academy.
"I couldn't turn down this offer and I'm delighted to be back at Hibs - it is a club that I'm very passionate about and I'm looking forward to the challenge.

"I've been told there are no former players coaching within the youth system. I'm a former player, so I know and love Hibs, but I'm also foreign, so hopefully I can bring some different ideas.
"With all my experience of playing in different countries, I hope to be able to bring something different and beneficial to the club and help to develop quality Hibs players."
Beuzelin's new role will also entail coaching local primary schoolchildren as part of the Tesco Bank Football Challenge with the Hibernian Community Foundation.
Unfailingly enthusiastic about the team in green, Beuzelin's appointment further strengthens the coaching set-up of our revered Academy and everybody connected with the club welcomes him back to the club.

wearethehibs
09-09-2012, 08:16 AM
BOOZY BOOZY. Welcome home

Lendo
09-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Welcome home Boozy!

SouthMoroccoStu
09-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Welcome home Boozy!

:top marks

Fantastic guy and a brilliant, talented and committed professional to help Improve the academy lads

Great move and appointment by the club

Welcome home Boozy

Treadstone
09-09-2012, 08:32 AM
So happy with this appointment . Scottish fitba in order to change has to get rid of the old boys network that has not delivered a better standard of player . Get taught from Boozy or some middle aged no mark just there to pick up a wage by going through the motions . No brainer . Let's hope he is given carte blanche to run things his way . Future youth developement supremo . Tres bon .

Dave-O
09-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Very positive move by the club, well pleased. :agree:

IndieHibby
09-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Great news. Long may he stay!

BOOOOOOOOZY!!!! :flag:

hibsbollah
09-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Immensely likeable, good people skills, great technical ability, loves the Hibs.

The best appointment we could have made :aok:

lucky
09-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Excellent news and he will be a good addition to the academy coaching staff. Hibs should have more ex pros involved in coaching of the kids

HibsAzzurri1875
09-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Great news. Long may he stay!

BOOOOOOOOZY!!!! :flag:

Brilliant news-brilliant player who until that injury at Kilmarnock pissed on anything in the SPL from a technical point of view. Very shrewd move from Pat and will be a tremendous asset to the kids at ER.

brog
09-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Best signing in years! Great news!! I still think of the 427 passes at Ibrox when ball was fired at Boozy on touchline, killed it in mid air, brought it down & nonchalantly flicked on to next man giving him time & space!! epitomises everything good about football - love it!!

ScottB
09-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Fantastic appointment!

cad
09-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Fantastic appointment!

I agree 100% , superb to see Boozy back at Hibs,passing on what he knows to the youngsters will be invaluable ,well done Hibs in this appointment .:agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
09-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Very pleased. Good lad with a proper footballing brain.

Big90inOz
09-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Well done Hibs :not worth

I have to get my Hibs kick via Hibs TV, I loved it when Boozy was one of the commentators.

There are players who say they love the club and there are people like Boozy who really love the club :agree:

:flag::flag::flag:

Bookkeeper
09-09-2012, 10:36 AM
:thumbsup: Good news story!

Its great watching skilful players and Boozy was one of the most technically accomplished players we've had in recent years. Looking forward to seeing the fruits of his labours in years to come.

Fergos
09-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Superb appointment, Boozy when fit was one of the best midfielders I've seen at ER in recent times, cool, calm and always thinking football not punt........classy player with a major love of our club.

Welcome home the Booooooozzzzyyyyyy!

Hibernian Forever.

Scouse Hibee
09-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Never quite got the Boozy love in, a decent player but certainly not in the "he should be worshipped class" that most seem to put him in IMO. Hope he proves to be a decent coach with the youngsters.

shaunsinky
09-09-2012, 12:25 PM
nice 1, well done hibs

EdinMike
09-09-2012, 12:29 PM
This brightened up my somewhat dull Sunday, I've spraffed with Guillaume on many occasions about football and the philosophy of it, he's gonna be a great coach !

--------
09-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Agree 100%.

But what will Traynor and Dodds and Preston and their mates make of this?

ANOTHER foreign appointment at ER, when Scottish guys like _______________ and _______________ (fill in the spaces yourself) can't get jobs in Scottish football?

Next thing, Boozy'll be affecting the property-values around East Mains.

Hibrandenburg
09-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Never quite got the Boozy love in, a decent player but certainly not in the "he should be worshipped class" that most seem to put him in IMO. Hope he proves to be a decent coach with the youngsters.

Phew! Thought it was just me.

ancient hibee
09-09-2012, 02:25 PM

He made the players around him better players particularly by always being there to take the ball in close situations.

HoboHarry
09-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Best signing in years! Great news!! I still think of the 427 passes at Ibrox when ball was fired at Boozy on touchline, killed it in mid air, brought it down & nonchalantly flicked on to next man giving him time & space!! epitomises everything good about football - love it!!
Do you have a link for that?

Danny_Hibee
09-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Do you have a link for that?

This doesn't have the moment being referred to but always worth a watch anyway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0EJn1mAukc

Northernhibee
09-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Remember when under CC when the manager didn't want to be there, most of the players didn't want to be there, and there was nothing to sense that the backroom staff wanted to be there?

We have some ****in' progress going on at this fitba club. Welcome back Boozy :flag::greengrin

The Harp
09-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Delighted to hear the news of Boozy's return to ER.
Welcome home Guillaume ... oh, and can you have a wee word wi' yer pal, Franck, about resuming his love affair wi' the Hibs?:aok:

Scouse Hibee
09-09-2012, 03:24 PM
He made the players around him better players particularly by always being there to take the ball in close situations.

Haha that's a good one, if only he could he'd have been worth millions!

offshorehibby
09-09-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm sure there was a we snippet on here a couple of weeks back saying he was coming to Hibs as a youth coach. By all accounts he's been getting excellent plaudits for his coaching at Falkirk/Stirling Uni.

jdships
09-09-2012, 03:30 PM
So happy with this appointment . Scottish fitba in order to change has to get rid of the old boys network that has not delivered a better standard of player . Get taught from Boozy or some middle aged no mark just there to pick up a wage by going through the motions . No brainer . Let's hope he is given carte blanche to run things his way . Future youth developement supremo . Tres bon .

Agree totally with what you have said :thumbsup:
He will bring a completely fresh coaching/playing outlook to these kids which can't in itself be a bad thing
Petrie got that one fixed :greengrin:wink:

Kaiser_Sauzee
09-09-2012, 03:46 PM
A very fresh and innovative move by the Hibs. Very pleased with this.

hail1875hail
09-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Told you so:wink::greengrin

jacomo
09-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Genuine

:flag:

moment.

Welcome back Boozy!

StevieC
09-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Nice to see Boozy back, very technically gifted player.

However .. surely an U14's coach can't be a full time position???

Pretty Boy
09-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Guys Hibs daft, married to an Edinburgh girl and most importantly knows his stuff so seems to make sense to me.

Boozy was hugely talented, however he couldn't produce the goods every week, if he could have he wouldn't have been anywhere near ER. Even when not playing his best he was still cool, calm and neat and tidy.

frazeHFC
09-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Boozy! :flag:

RoYO!
09-09-2012, 06:11 PM
A signing universally approved on .net... A first? :p

Pretty Boy
09-09-2012, 06:48 PM
A signing universally approved on .net... A first? :p

Riordans return? Stokes?

I know you're not being serious but there have been unnatural outbreaks of harmony on here before!

RyeSloan
09-09-2012, 07:33 PM

So what he didn't go for millions....most of us understand that a quality player with sound technique and passing ability can and does make players around him 'better'. Getting a better pass in a better position can allow players to do things that they couldn't with a poorer pass.

HoboHarry
09-09-2012, 07:37 PM
So are there many middle aged no-marks working with The Hibs youth squad?

Scouse Hibee
09-09-2012, 07:42 PM
So what he didn't go for millions....most of us understand that a quality player with sound technique and passing ability can and does make players around him 'better'. Getting a better pass in a better position can allow players to do things that they couldn't with a poorer pass.

I don't agree, I think that playing and training with a team of better players will certainly help improve your game but one decent player in a poor team won't make that much difference and IMO Boozy was a decent player nothing more.

HoboHarry
09-09-2012, 09:12 PM
I hope at some point he helps to set up links in France to try and spirit away a few of their wee gems :)

Twiglet
09-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Nice to see Boozy back, very technically gifted player.

However .. surely an U14's coach can't be a full time position???

Part of the work is schools work with the Tesco initiative, I think it's part of the Hibernian Foundation work to do this.

jacomo
09-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Part of the work is schools work with the Tesco initiative, I think it's part of the Hibernian Foundation work to do this.

Yeah I saw this too. Presumably this will provide funding. Anyone know any details?

edinburghhibee
09-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Welcome Home Boozy Boy!!!!!!!

:flag::hibees:pfgwa:flag:

Elephant Stone
10-09-2012, 09:06 AM
http://www.signedsport.co.uk/images/Hibs-GBeuzelin-12x8.jpg

Yes!

Hibs On Tour
10-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Great to have you back Boozy - can only help the youngsters and if his help means even one of them comes through with a little more vision and composure on the ball for us, its been well worth it.

GGTTH

hibee
10-09-2012, 06:37 PM

Hibiza
11-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Welcome back Boozy

ancient hibee
11-09-2012, 05:47 PM

Well he certainly helped make millions for Hibs and there's no ha ha about it or do you think he had no effect on Brown and Thomson.

HoboHarry
12-09-2012, 03:42 AM
Interesting that when Hearts employ an ex-player as a coach they choose a clogger like Gary Locke. We on the other hand choose a more cultured player like Boozy. It's a cultural thing......