PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen v hibs tickets!

Hibeesmad
08-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Firstly, It is a 12pm kick off and now they have kicked us in the mouth once again!!!! Adult £23 U'18 £17 U'12 £9.

DISGRACE!

SteveHFC
08-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Firstly, It is a 12pm kick off and now they have kicked us in the mouth once again!!!! Adult £23 U'18 £17 U'12 £9.

DISGRACE!

U'18 for me :cb

marinello59
08-09-2012, 11:41 PM

DISGRACE!

How much do we charge them?

CB_NO3
08-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Students?

Hibeesmad
09-09-2012, 12:05 AM

Haven't got a clue mate, don't think it's that much though! Rip off!

Hibeesmad
09-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Students?

Not sure mate, all the info is on the website!

DAVE1875
09-09-2012, 12:56 AM
Students are £17

green&left
09-09-2012, 07:06 AM

DISGRACE!

We'd charge Aberdeen £22 adult, £14 consession and no U12 tickets, so kinda evens it up.

Don't think it would matter if its 23 quidor a tenner to get in with regards to our crowd. Its the whole 2 and a half hours travelling that puts people off

yeezus.
09-09-2012, 10:31 AM

DISGRACE!

Ken, I fall into the adult category now as I'm no longer a student... Ma ticket should arrive tomorrow.

How many do you think we'll bring? 400??

Chuck Rhoades
09-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Could be a very decent crowd if we win our next two home games.

Gatecrasher
09-09-2012, 11:03 AM
assunming they are a cat B game around £22 for an adult

Mikey
09-09-2012, 11:12 AM
How much do Scottish Power charge them?

How much do Scottish Gas charge them?

How much do the police charge them?

How much do G4S (or whoever it is) charge them?

How are they supposed to exist if they don't cover their costs? It's BASIC economics!!

yeezus.
09-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Could be a very decent crowd if we win our next two home games.

Thought the atmosphere was great at the 2-1 win at Pittodrie, my mate (a Rochdale fan) was impressed!

shetlandhibee
09-09-2012, 12:49 PM
If we get at least 4 points out our next 2 games that would great and would set us up for the Aberdeen game. Hopefully lots of fans will come to the match and create an atmosphere:scarf:

SOS,ggtth,pfgawa

JohnStephens91
09-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Is it PATG only or are there tickets available to buy at Easter Road just now?

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Why do folk that have chosen to go into further education expect to pay less than others that have gotten themselves a job?

JohnStephens91
09-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Why do folk that have chosen to go into further education expect to pay less than others that have gotten themselves a job?

Because we can only afford to work part-time during the times of studying which is also during the football season, by any club allowing students in at a discounted rate they will potentially attract more people in to watch the game than normal due to the price of tickets. On top of living costs already there is the price of travel to and from university, books, equipment depending on your course and other such costs associated with university. Also the way clubs treat students could benefit clubs in the long run by creating a sense of loyalty and owing a debt to a club because they allowed you to see football at an affordable price on an already stretched budget on a part-time wage?

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Nobody is forcing you into further education though, life is about making choices though, so I'm assuming you knew what was ahead of you before hand. By you I mean students in general.

JohnStephens91
09-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Nobody is forcing you into further education though, life is about making choices though, so I'm assuming you knew what was ahead of you before hand. By you I mean students in general.

Yes I knew what it was going to be like, but it benefits both the club and the fan by offering a reduced price for students. The club gets more money and the student gets to go and support his team, personally though I think that £12 for a student ticket is too cheap, if it was £14 it would be reasonable. I'm sure you can see the benefits of the club helping students and the students helping the club and also the way it could help the fans remain loyal to the club?

FranckSuzy
09-09-2012, 02:39 PM

There are some jobs for which you have to go into further/higher education. Surely a small incentive to encourage people to choose these careers is a fair one? Or maybe Hibs could offer a student loan-type ticket, where you pay more after you are employed, depending on your salary :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Good idea! :-)

JohnStephens91
09-09-2012, 02:46 PM
There are some jobs for which you have to go into further/higher education. Surely a small incentive to encourage people to choose these careers is a fair one? Or maybe Hibs could offer a student loan-type ticket, where you pay more after you are employed, depending on your salary :greengrin

Petrie would cream himself over that

Keith_M
09-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Because we can only afford to work part-time during the times of studying which is also during the football season, by any club allowing students in at a discounted rate they will potentially attract more people in to watch the game than normal due to the price of tickets. On top of living costs already there is the price of travel to and from university, books, equipment depending on your course and other such costs associated with university. Also the way clubs treat students could benefit clubs in the long run by creating a sense of loyalty and owing a debt to a club because they allowed you to see football at an affordable price on an already stretched budget on a part-time wage?

I'd personally charge you lot extra. Who wants a load of spotty students with personal hygiene problems that live almost totally from a diet of Baked Beans sitting next to them at the Fitba?

Or is that just my son :wink:

Lucius Apuleius
09-09-2012, 08:04 PM
I'd personally charge you lot extra. Who wants a load of spotty students with personal hygiene problems that live almost totally from a diet of Baked Beans sitting next to them at the Fitba?

I'm with you and Hutchy :wink:

JohnStephens91
10-09-2012, 03:46 AM

Haha, I actually live a moderately healthy lifestyle and include tinned spaghetti in my diet

Spoonjilloun
10-09-2012, 06:05 AM
I was a student for 7 years (ST holder for 15 years) until this year. A reduced price season ticket and match day tickets allowed me to make home and away every week with the added cost of travelling from another city.

Now in full-time employment, in a job I had to go to uni for, I have no qualms with the price and appreciate the money off during my student years that allowed me to keep going to football!

#GGTTH

cocopops1875
10-09-2012, 06:27 AM
I suppose the issue for some (there was also a reduced prices for the unemployed thread a few weeks back ) is that when these discounts are applied nobody thinks of "wee johnny" the apprentice joiner (working full time on a poor wage and in a different way doing his higher education) or "Bob" father of 3 working on minimum wage in Tesco, I have no issue with people getting cheaper tickets by the way but can also see that either of the 2 examples I used would feel that something could be in place for them too

lucky
10-09-2012, 06:49 AM
Football is too exspensive for all. This game is live on tv as such clubs should address this by enticing fans through the gate by a more competitive pricing structure. Think that the crowd will be 7000-8000, with less than 500 Hibs supporters. Scottish football is on its knees and the fans are the only ones who can save it but only if its value for money and a decent product on the park.

cocopops1875
10-09-2012, 06:54 AM
Football is too exspensive for all. This game is live on tv as such clubs should address this by enticing fans through the gate by a more competitive pricing structure. Think that the crowd will be 7000-8000, with less than 500 Hibs supporters. Scottish football is on its knees and the fans are the only ones who can save it but only if its value for money and a decent product on the park.

I 100% agree with all of this

Chuck Rhoades
10-09-2012, 08:39 AM
I suppose the issue for some (there was also a reduced prices for the unemployed thread a few weeks back ) is that when these discounts are applied nobody thinks of "wee johnny" the apprentice joiner (working full time on a poor wage and in a different way doing his higher education) or "Bob" father of 3 working on minimum wage in Tesco, I have no issue with people getting cheaper tickets by the way but can also see that either of the 2 examples I used would feel that something could be in place for them too

Maybe the price of a ST should be a percentage of your salary...

Hermit Crab
10-09-2012, 08:53 AM

Spot on, student spongers. They think the world owes them something ;-)

givescotlandfreedom
10-09-2012, 09:30 AM
£23 is a lot to ask for to go to a cold dump of a stadium where you can't see a large section of the pitch whilst they pay less to sit in the best stadium in the SPL.

yeezus.
10-09-2012, 11:48 AM
My ticket arrived this morning.

I agree that students shouldn't receive further discount. I think members of the British Army get into Pittodrie for free.

JohnStephens91
10-09-2012, 01:45 PM
So because people think football is too expensive they believe it is a good idea to charge a demographic that would probably be unable to attend on a regular basis without a cut-price ticket even more money and alienate them further from the Scottish game. Surely the best thing to do is to have a student price to help stem the loss of Scottish fans to the English game? What is the outcome of charging a student £22 to get into Easter Road? I can only presume it would be a negative situation.

What about under 18's, should they be allowed a cheaper entry price? Remember if they aren't students they may work full-time. Or how about OAPs? Surely they've saved enough throughout their life to go and watch Hibs and pay £22 if they are PATG.

The concession prices apply to these three demographics for a reason, if it did not then there would be a potential knock on effect on the club, and indeed on any other club in Scotland.

JohnStephens91
10-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Also anyone that goes 'oh you knew that you would struggle with choices, make the right choices' is just taking a dim view of the situation. Would you be happy if a section of Hibs fans were alienated from the club for 4 years of their lives for any other reason, other than if they were a student? I would hazard a guess at no. Not every student goes out on the lash twice a week and lives of microwaved meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, maybe if people weren't so biased in their opinion of what a student is there wouldn't be a problem.

Frazerbob
10-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Also anyone that goes 'oh you knew that you would struggle with choices, make the right choices' is just taking a dim view of the situation. Would you be happy if a section of Hibs fans were alienated from the club for 4 years of their lives for any other reason, other than if they were a student? I would hazard a guess at no. Not every student goes out on the lash twice a week and lives of microwaved meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, maybe if people weren't so biased in their opinion of what a student is there wouldn't be a problem.

But you're not alienated from Hibs. Hibs offer great student ST deals.

JohnStephens91
10-09-2012, 02:17 PM
But you're not alienated from Hibs. Hibs offer great student ST deals.

I know we do and it's how I am able to balance buying a season ticket, making away matches, buying books and any technological equipment I need to undertake my studies and I'll always be thankful towards Hibs and any club that offer student deals. But some here seem to think that students shouldn't get any kind of deal and that would potentially alienate a section of our support if students are forced to pay £405, or £355 for a season ticket, even £22 PATG would be too much for many.

Hermit Crab
10-09-2012, 03:01 PM
I've worked all my days do I get a discount?

shetlandhibee
10-09-2012, 03:42 PM
If we get 4-6 pionts out of the next 2 games that should encourage lots of people to come hopefully. We get 2349 of the tickets so if we could get half full (1174) that would be great:thumbsup:

sos,pfgawa,ggtth
can u hear the dons sing no no, can u hear the dons sing no no, can u hear the dons sing no no:greengrin

Johnny0762
10-09-2012, 04:43 PM

Yes, you are correct, and many students, and many many others disillusioned with the game and the pricing will make the choice not to go, therefore doing the game more harm than good.

But you carry on with your pseudo sarcastic bleating against those who try and better themselves.

Tsk!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-09-2012, 04:51 PM
I thought the fishing on this thread was just as obvious as the womens football thread, its still allowed me to have a wee chuckle though. Couldnae give a flying one how much you have to pay to gain entry to ER if I'm being honest.

shetlandhibee
11-09-2012, 10:22 PM
We'd charge Aberdeen £22 adult, £14 consession and no U12 tickets, so kinda evens it up.

Don't think it would matter if its 23 quidor a tenner to get in with regards to our crowd. Its the whole 2 and a half hours travelling that puts people off
:agree: but I have to travel for 12hours. If any body has the time and enough money to buy a ticket they should go

Ggtth

beensaidbefore
11-09-2012, 10:28 PM

DISGRACE!

Dont go! Save yourself a fortune too...