PDA

View Full Version : Fartin army

S.sct
08-09-2012, 10:25 PM
What a bunch of tossers the (majority of) tartan army are. This was my first international since 1985 and was surrounded by student types attempting to live up to the hype (singing the deplorable doe a deer etc.). Worse than that the fat over 40's who want everybody to JOIN in...... attempting to dance with stewards and generally attempting to force comedy like a boring uncle at New Year. Absolute cringe worthy. Decent atmosphere at times today but my son (attending his first international) summed it up when he said "it's ok but would rather watch the Hibs".

HONG KONG PHOOEY
08-09-2012, 10:35 PM
What a stupid post. Folk singing songs u do not like or did not join in with ? Thought the atmosphere was okay today (was in the north stand) .To call us "tossers" for sod all is a bit rich. Watch both Hibs (every where) and Scotland (every where) and think the atmosphere at Scotland games are a lot better than a Hibs game.

Jack Hackett
08-09-2012, 10:50 PM
My thoughts about the 'Tartan Army' are much the same as they are for 'Eng-er-lund's' support. Mainly made up of people who watch footy on the box and don't actively support a club. Most of the people at my work who actually go to games now and again couldn't really give a rats behind for the England team. Much of their support comes from the Sun reading tradesmen of the builders crack, bald-headed, beer-bellied persuasion who are too busy pushing a trolley round Asda for the missus on a Saturday to bother going to games and they 'support' Man U or Arsenal or Chelsea and it's too far away and they can't get a ticket, and it's on the box anyway.

This is, of course, a wild generalization, and should probably be ignored as I'm a bit pee'd off with the whole 'International' scene atm.....:na na:

Pretty Boy
08-09-2012, 10:55 PM
My experiences with the Tartan Army had generally been poor, most of the guys I knew seemed to know hee haw about football and care not a jot about the result, it was all about the bevvy and having a laugh.

Nothing wrong with that in itself but its not really my scene. You absolutely can't fault the loyalty of these guys though, they must spend a fortune watching a piss poor product and they deserve credit for that.

Those feathers in army hats annoy the **** out of me for some reason though!!!

HONG KONG PHOOEY
08-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Spending a lot of money watching a team ? Is that not the same as watching Hibs ? I have (and a few people on here) watch a lot of club and country football- so what make me or you qualify me or any support know "her haw" about footbal ?

offshorehibby
08-09-2012, 10:59 PM
What a bunch of tossers the (majority of) tartan army are. This was my first international since 1985 and was surrounded by student types attempting to live up to the hype (singing the deplorable doe a deer etc.). Worse than that the fat over 40's who want everybody to JOIN in...... attempting to dance with stewards and generally attempting to force comedy like a boring uncle at New Year. Absolute cringe worthy. Decent atmosphere at times today but my son (attending his first international) summed it up when he said "it's ok but would rather watch the Hibs".

My god we can't go to a football match, support your team and have a good sing song anymore.

My thoughts about the 'Tartan Army' are much the same as they are for 'Eng-er-lund's' support. Mainly made up of people who watch footy on the box and don't actively support a club. Most of the people at my work who actually go to games now and again couldn't really give a rats behind for the England team. Much of their support comes from the Sun reading tradesmen of the builders crack, bald-headed, beer-bellied persuasion who are too busy pushing a trolley round Asda for the missus on a Saturday to bother going to games and they 'support' Man U or Arsenal or Chelsea and it's too far away and they can't get a ticket, and it's on the box anyway.

This is, of course, a wild generalization, and should probably be ignored as I'm a bit pee'd off with the whole 'International' scene atm.....:na na:

Sorry most of that is garbage, I watched Scotland for years and went home and away with Hibs. Most of the guys i know who still go to all the Scotland games still go home and away watching Hibs.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
08-09-2012, 11:01 PM
My god we can't go to a football match, support your team and have a good sing song anymore.

Sorry most of that is garbage, I watched Scotland for years and went home and away with Hibs. Most of the guys i know who still go to all the Scotland games still go home and away watching Hibs.

Good post !

monktonharp
08-09-2012, 11:03 PM
What a bunch of tossers the (majority of) tartan army are. This was my first international since 1985 and was surrounded by student types attempting to live up to the hype (singing the deplorable doe a deer etc.). Worse than that the fat over 40's who want everybody to JOIN in...... attempting to dance with stewards and generally attempting to force comedy like a boring uncle at New Year. Absolute cringe worthy. Decent atmosphere at times today but my son (attending his first international) summed it up when he said "it's ok but would rather watch the Hibs".think you are being a tad unfair on those aulder gadges. they come from an era when playing for Scotland, or actually going to support them, meant something. those guys have seen a few "up'n'at them " sides over the years but dont see that now.these guys are hooked on Scotland and try to help generate an atmosphere that is not quite what it used to be. there are also a whole load of younger guys that spend a lot of dosh to support the national side , so who are you, to slag any of them?

Pretty Boy
08-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Spending a lot of money watching a team ? Is that not the same as watching Hibs ? I have (and a few people on here) watch a lot of club and country football- so what make me or you qualify me or any support know "her haw" about footbal ?

In my defense I quite clearly said that that was my personal experience and guys i knew, I'm sure there's plenty Tartan Army guys who are very knowledgeable about football.

The part about money spent was meant as a compliment, any football fan who spends their hard earned on their club/country deserves credit.

Postman
08-09-2012, 11:13 PM

What a ridiculous post! Calling it 'The Fartin Army' is cringe worthy and not a particularly good attempt at being funny either so wouldn't be having a go at others trying to have a good time at the football today! The atmosphere was decent and that's despite how bad Scotland were today and lets not kid ourselves on and say the Easter Road experience at the moment is better?! Imagine, folk going to football, singing and wanting everybody to join in....just ridiculous! Even worse when you're over 40 and a wee bit heavy!

By the way, what is the age limit for that sort of thing??

CB_NO3
08-09-2012, 11:20 PM
The Tartan Army are so cringey. Almost as pathetic as the Dutch and the Irish. Its just a silly fancy dress party. I would rather sit with 5 hibs fans in the East stand rather than 50k screaming tartan army members.

marinello59
08-09-2012, 11:47 PM
I don't follow international Fitba myself but really can't understand the snobbery some display towards those who do. Weird.

Joe's ice cream
09-09-2012, 12:04 AM
The Tartan Army are so cringey. Almost as pathetic as the Dutch and the Irish. Its just a silly fancy dress party. I would rather sit with 5 hibs fans in the East stand rather than 50k screaming tartan army members.

Totally agree, the Irish are prob the world's worst at this kind of thing, good for Roy Keane pointing it out during the recent Euros

ShanksSaidNo
09-09-2012, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=CB_NO3;3354281]The Tartan Army are so cringey. Almost as pathetic as the Dutch and the Irish. Its just a silly fancy dress party. I would rather sit with 5 hibs fans in the East stand rather than 50k screaming tartan army members.
Pipe down ya dafty. I was reading this thread with intrigue as there are some valid points made up until your post. I for one, was but am no longer a member of the Scotland travel club (the tartan army phrase is too freely banded about!) Durin those days i had some of the best and most memorable days out and trips ever. You sound like you've never been part of it and therefore your condemning of the 'tartan army' is as irrelevant as it is misguided.

Hibercelona
09-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Christ all mighty, leave them alone.

So people turn up in kilts for a drink and a banter, so what?

I spoke to a few of these kilt wearers in my local today who had been at the game, and they were all really nice people who had a great time at the game.

The problem isn't them, the problem is us.

We must be some of the dullest fans in the league.

Aye, lets forget about dressing up, having a bevy and a laugh.... because its cringeworthy right enough... :rolleyes:

frazeHFC
09-09-2012, 01:25 AM
A lot of the Tartan Army spend a fortune going abroad etc to see their country, let them sing and wear what they want. I love being Scottish, and the only concern (hatred) i have just now is the manager, not who sings and wears what!

JohnStephens91
09-09-2012, 02:01 AM
I don't go to any international games, shouting 'w**ker' on top of 'Flower of Scotland' is one reason. When did that even become acceptable? It seems a very stupid thing to do, for me the song is passionate and when thousands shout that word out it's ridiculous.

The attitude of some Tartan Army members (or whatever their supporters club is called) is quite petty. I was working in the bar tonight and when they came back through to Edinburgh the different groups were all chatting away then started arguing about who had travelled the most miles to see Scotland and saying 'aye I've got a ticket for Wales, do you? I bet you don't' or 'I went all the way to the States for the game this summer' as if they were trying to outdo other fans, and it's not the first time I've seen that before.

Also I seen someone else said that they know hee haw about football, some of them actually don't. A group of guys refused to believe me that Belgium are a much better team than Scotland and have a starting line up which costs over £100 million, I think that sums it up for a minority of them.

Other reasons I don't like going include; tickets are too expensive, travel time is too much, Scotland play some of the worst football I've seen from a national side, Levein, I don't feel overly patriotic, some fans are complete nuggets, not emotionally attached to the side, most players are nuggets and international football is a waste of time. That's all I can think of just now.

Hibrandenburg
09-09-2012, 02:22 AM
You'd think that you need a license and footballing degree to watch football going by some of the posts on here. Get a grip of yourselves eh.

Big90inOz
09-09-2012, 02:26 AM
Lost interest in the national side a long time ago, I could never get my head around why a player who consistently plays well for his club is not Scotland quality but a transfer to the old firm bench was instantly enough to somehow gain that elusive Scotland quality :rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned it just another avenue to over inflate the old firm myth.

EdinMike
09-09-2012, 03:08 AM
I got called a "****** Serbian Bastirt" when I was walking down the street by some eejit off his rocker. I said...

Me: "What ?"

Tartan Army Phanny: "Yir a Serbian arse !"

Me: "Why's that ?"

TAP: "Yir no wearin a Kilt or a Scotlin toap"

Me: "Well you're just an arse mate..."

TAP: "Aye..Thought that"

At least he admitted it, I've no time for it myself really, just seems like an excuse to start drinking at 10am and deem it acceptable. To each their own I suppose.

Edit: This was in Edinburgh a good 5 hours after the game and I was in my work gear...

SRHibs
09-09-2012, 05:07 AM
Hibs.net Logic

No singing/minimal singing = stadium's full of boring tossers who'd be better off watching the rugby.
A lot of singing = stadium's full of 'cringeworthy student type tossers' who are trying too hard.

Basically, the rule is that one can never, ever be content with anything. There's always a fault, you've just got to look hard enough!:aok:

**** the Tartan Army and Section 43!

Future17
09-09-2012, 05:15 AM
Totally agree, the Irish are prob the world's worst at this kind of thing, good for Roy Keane pointing it out during the recent Euros

I don't think he said anything of the sort. What is it you're referring to?

Matty_Jack04
09-09-2012, 05:37 AM
Imagine going out with your mates to the football and trying to enjoy yourself....jings crivens whatever will be next

Scotland games are all about going to the game with people you never get the chance to experience match days with having a good lash at it singing your heart out back to the pub then home reeking drunk with a kebab next to you when you wake up in the morning with the added benefit of not remembering much of the dross football on offer

The OP says its his first game since 1985 pretty sure you've watched games heard people talk about games since then if it's not your scene you should have stayed away instead of going for your weekly chance of a moan as for you're son Iv no doubt he'll enjoy the Scotland experience more when he goes with his pals

People spend a lot of time and money following Scotland everywhere in there thousands can't be that terrible of an experience I'd be more inclined to believe there's a bit victor meldrew creeping in, in your advancing years

green&left
09-09-2012, 07:09 AM
Tartan army are one of the main reasons i couldnt give a **** about scotland. Middle aged men in mid life crisis's, folk who feel the need to dress like willie wallace for a football match and still in this day in age, the anti-english pesh. Absulute phannys...

Lucius Apuleius
09-09-2012, 07:12 AM
What a pile of mince. Of course there are tossers. You ever been to cup final with Hibs and seen some of the tossers that call themselves Hibbys? They create an atmosphere. Whetherf that atmosphere is currently deserved or not is another matter. I did laugh at ond guy behind me though. Called the Serbs a bunch of foreign b's. Followed thzt up by calling the ref one as well. He then made the brilliant assumption that they must be biased because they were all foreign b's. I found it quite amusing.

DarrenSQH
09-09-2012, 07:12 AM
I blame Craig levein.

theonlywayisup
09-09-2012, 07:23 AM

:bitchy:

allezsauzee
09-09-2012, 07:26 AM
I'm not a regular at Scotland matches, but those games I have been to, I've always thought the atmosphere was amazing. You do always know if you are sitting next to a Rangers or Celtic fan though as they are invariably lavish in the praise of their own players and critical of the other half of the old firms!

.Sean.
09-09-2012, 07:35 AM
i was there. First Scotland game at Hampden. Not for me.

Grown men in funny hats, wearing kilts and singing nonsense songs. Lot of rubbish. The Tartan Army ain't for me. Wee bit embarassing.

.Sean.
09-09-2012, 07:38 AM
I don't go to any international games, shouting 'w**ker' on top of 'Flower of Scotland' is one reason. When did that even become acceptable? It seems a very stupid thing to do, for me the song is passionate and when thousands shout that word out it's ridiculous.

The attitude of some Tartan Army members (or whatever their supporters club is called) is quite petty. I was working in the bar tonight and when they came back through to Edinburgh the different groups were all chatting away then started arguing about who had travelled the most miles to see Scotland and saying 'aye I've got a ticket for Wales, do you? I bet you don't' or 'I went all the way to the States for the game this summer' as if they were trying to outdo other fans, and it's not the first time I've seen that before.

Also I seen someone else said that they know hee haw about football, some of them actually don't. A group of guys refused to believe me that Belgium are a much better team than Scotland and have a starting line up which costs over £100 million, I think that sums it up for a minority of them.

Other reasons I don't like going include; tickets are too expensive, travel time is too much, Scotland play some of the worst football I've seen from a national side, Levein, I don't feel overly patriotic, some fans are complete nuggets, not emotionally attached to the side, most players are nuggets and international football is a waste of time. That's all I can think of just now.

Great post.

hibIBZ
09-09-2012, 07:49 AM
just dont understand this post......people enjoying themselves aye cos thats cringe worthy and going to ER and singing about a dead guy and paedos isnt?
never been a tartan army person and havnt been to a scotland game for a number of years but atleast they are enjoying themselves and trying to get behind their team

pontius pilate
09-09-2012, 07:50 AM
My experiences with the Tartan Army had generally been poor, most of the guys I knew seemed to know hee haw about football and care not a jot about the result, it was all about the bevvy and having a laugh.

Nothing wrong with that in itself but its not really my scene. You absolutely can't fault the loyalty of these guys though, they must spend a fortune watching a piss poor product and they deserve credit for that.

Those feathers in army hats annoy the **** out of me for some reason though!!!

The feathers in the hats are supposed to be cock feathers in the glengarry it does annoy the tits of me as well tho

HibeeN
09-09-2012, 07:58 AM
I saw plenty of hibs fans in kilts at the cup final in may. Must have been tossers. Oh and some people with their faces painted green and white...obviously sad people trying to dress up. Talk about double-standards!

Some folk need to get a grip. International football doesn't happen as often as club football, so I don't know why people are surprised that there is a more 'special day out, dress-up, have a good time' sort of atmosphere. We have a dedicated singing section at Easter Road - so who are we to start calling other people sad for singing songs and trying to get behind the team?

Of course there are going to be idiots in the tartan army, but not more than any other international support or indeed the hibs support. Nothing embarrassing about it!

Postman
09-09-2012, 08:15 AM

You must find it very difficult going to Easter Road as well then! If you find it unacceptable to hear anti-English comments at Scotland games, the likes of the Wallace Mercer and paedo songs must have you turning your back on Hibs and the fans?

Who cares what knowledge the fans have about of opposition players, I was at the Serbia game yesterday and hadn't heard of a good few of the starting line up yet don't think of myself as someone who knows 'hee haw' about football! Should I read up about all of the Macedonia players before the midweek game or not bother going? I'll admit there are loads of players I know little about in the SPL, should I just return my season ticket because I don't know enough?

Its just as well SPL is so cheap then yeah? And its great that we hand pick the fans who go to Easter Road and reject any 'nuggets'!

Jack
09-09-2012, 08:19 AM
I blame Craig levein.

That's it for me just now.

I used to think Scotland was the national equivalent of Hibs, win a few lose a few, qualify for things and heroically crash out.

There used to be connections, even if good Hibbies were overlooked for inferior OF players. Now its lower division English players and a national debut for a Scottish 3rd division player. Its a national embarrassment.

If I hadn't caught the News in the car yesterday when the match finished I still wouldn't know the score now.

The SFA have overseen the gradual decline of the game in Scotland over recent decades; Potter is the depths they have now crash dived to at a national level.

Good luck to those who follow them, I'm sure there must be better ways to waste money.

Golden Bear
09-09-2012, 08:21 AM

Lighten up and away and have a word with yerself.

Lendo
09-09-2012, 08:24 AM
This has to be the worst thread of the year.

Postman
09-09-2012, 08:29 AM
i was there. First Scotland game at Hampden. Not for me.

Grown men in funny hats, wearing kilts and singing nonsense songs. Lot of rubbish. The Tartan Army ain't for me. Wee bit embarassing.

What were the nonsense songs being sung? Did you have a problem with Hibs fans who wore kilts to the cup final in May??

Thecat23
09-09-2012, 08:37 AM
I've no interest at all in the tartan army or all the kilt wearing feather in the hat stuff. I find it embarrassing if I'm honest. I was asked by a Dutch guy couple years back, "why do you guys take the p!ss out yourselves wearing those ginger hats and Kilts?" It actually had me thinking. I've nothing really against these guys, but I do think it's played out in this day and age. Late 70's early 80's yes. Now? Not for me. I'd rather go in jeans and a normal top still sing along and cheer them but minus the stupid ginger/feather caps and Kilts.

Golden Bear
09-09-2012, 08:44 AM
And as for these guys who wear Hibs tartan kilts to social occasions and EVEN have the audacity to purchase Hibs tartan scarves then there's just no hope. It's a hanging offence without a doubt.

:rolleyes:

Postman
09-09-2012, 08:49 AM
I've no interest at all in the tartan army or all the kilt wearing feather in the hat stuff. I find it embarrassing if I'm honest. I was asked by a Dutch guy couple years back, "why do you guys take the p!ss out yourselves wearing those ginger hats and Kilts?" It actually had me thinking. I've nothing really against these guys, but I do think it's played out in this day and age. Late 70's early 80's yes. Now? Not for me. I'd rather go in jeans and a normal top still sing along and cheer them but minus the stupid ginger/feather caps and Kilts.

That's really interesting, thanks for sharing that!

This whole thread is getting more and more ridiculous, a few idiots trying to tell others what should be worn, what should be sung and even what time it is acceptable to start having a drink on Scotland matchdays!

Brizo
09-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Some of the best atmospheres ive been to have been Scotland games at Hampden. And when it comes to daft songs id rather listen to the stupid doe a deer than the moronic paedo songs. And if people want to dress like Braveheart extras i find it no more cringeworthy than some of those in our support swaggering about in Stone Island etc when theyre twenty years late for the party. And if the Tartan Armys full of middle aged middle class office workers ill take them over some of the jakey neds who pitch up for our big games.

The TA have their fair share of trumpets but no more than a lot of club sides. Two very different atmospheres at Scotland and Hibs but I enjoy both. In terms of commitment Hibs will of course always be number 1 by a mile. On a self imposed Harry Potter inspired Scotland ban atm but will be back once hes bulleted.

Hibercelona
09-09-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm going to turn up to the next Hibs game completely naked, just so I don't offend anyone. :wink:

CB_NO3
09-09-2012, 09:35 AM
BTW the Dutch fans are also a national embarrasment. The proper football fans of Ajax, PSV, Utrecht and so on hate those cringey orange morons. As for the Irish, they are worse than the Tartan Army. Dressed as a leprechaun at a football match. No wonder Roy Keane ripped them to bits.

S.sct
09-09-2012, 09:41 AM
What a stupid post. Folk singing songs u do not like or did not join in with ? Thought the atmosphere was okay today (was in the north stand) .To call us "tossers" for sod all is a bit rich. Watch both Hibs (every where) and Scotland (every where) and think the atmosphere at Scotland games are a lot better than a Hibs game.

Where did i say that i did'nt join in? My main point that maybe was'nt explained properly was that the attempts of humour etc were contrived which i found cringe worthy. And for the guy that commented on the title of the thread, obviously the irony has been lost on you. I also said the atmosphere was good ( i think). Maybe my only mistake was generalising.

Postman
09-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Where did i say that i did'nt join in? My main point that maybe was'nt explained properly was that the attempts of humour etc were contrived which i found cringe worthy. And for the guy that commented on the title of the thread, obviously the irony has been lost on you. I also said the atmosphere was good ( i think). Maybe my only mistake was generalising.

You're just an idiot!

You started a thread calling the majority of a 48k crowd (in excess of 24k people) tossers for trying to enjoy themselves at a football match but apparently not in the way you think people should have fun!

Doe a deer is deplorable??

LancashireHibby
09-09-2012, 09:58 AM

Nah, they're the type who buy the new England top and watch the games in the pub and that's your lot. I know a few match going England fans and their dedication is unreal (know a couple of lads who were in Moldova on Friday night and then had somehow managed to get back in time for the Tamworth game yesterday!) and I'm sure the same can be said for a lot of the Scotland support. That said, I can appreciate a lot of the support of any country can be likened to that of pretty much any club, in that quite often those who shout loudest are those who know the least.

Every team has their trumpets and their hugely dedicated folk, let people enjoy their day out in whatever way they want to, I say. Certainly better than trying to avoid the pavement dancers etc.

TowerHibs
09-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Got to love this thread - some people need to get a grip! Are these people still masterbating to jazz mags? How dare a Scottish person wear a kilt, sing a song and back the team? How bloody dare they!

As for the post by S&S which says its too expensive? I paid £25 for my ticket yesterday to watch a Wolrd Cup qualifyer which had no less than 8 premiership (quoted as the best league in the world) players. Compare that to tickets at SPL grounds where the product on show is gash, stadiums are empty and atmosphere is rubbish! Yep, give me ER with 8k people there and 2 poor teams for £24 - and people call the Tartan Army idiots

Pretty Boy
09-09-2012, 10:12 AM
There's something mildly amusing about people claiming generalisations and unfair criticism of the Tartan Army making similar generalisations and criticisms of the Hibs support.

7Hero
09-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Tartan army are one of the main reasons i couldnt give a **** about scotland. Middle aged men in mid life crisis's, folk who feel the need to dress like willie wallace for a football match and still in this day in age, the anti-english pesh. Absulute phannys...

a lot of quotes including this are laughable, what the hell country do scottish hibs fans posting like that support. You couldn't give a **** about your country ?

it beggars belief...

Bookkeeper
09-09-2012, 10:21 AM

I used to think Scotland was the national equivalent of Hibs, win a few lose a few, qualify for things and heroically crash out.

There used to be connections, even if good Hibbies were overlooked for inferior OF players. Now its lower division English players and a national debut for a Scottish 3rd division player. Its a national embarrassment.

If I hadn't caught the News in the car yesterday when the match finished I still wouldn't know the score now.

The SFA have overseen the gradual decline of the game in Scotland over recent decades; Potter is the depths they have now crash dived to at a national level.

Good luck to those who follow them, I'm sure there must be better ways to waste money.

:agree: Sums it up pretty well for me too.

TowerHibs
09-09-2012, 10:31 AM
:agree: Sums it up pretty well for me too.

While I agree with the decline in Scottish football, the SFA shocking running of our game and potter being a **** - I struggle to see the argument of "lower league" English players. Only 2 players from yesterday played in the championship and I could argue Dixon was man of the match (bare in mind champions league player Mulgrew and EPL player fox pulled out)

If international football is not ur cup of team then fair do's. I for one think it should be the pinnacle of a players career but not many people treat it so. But if ur going to knock it then try and get the facts right - we had more players playing at a higher standard of league on a weekly basis than Serbia

Billychaotic182
09-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Tossers for enjoying the game ad singing??
Take the stick out o your ar*se mate and have a word!

CB_NO3
09-09-2012, 10:40 AM
a lot of quotes including this are laughable, what the hell country do scottish hibs fans posting like that support. You couldn't give a **** about your country ?

it beggars belief...
Half the players dont even come from our country. Our manager is a tosser who is so negative. The SFA are so corrupt its beyond belief. Folk wear feathers in their hats and sing a song from Songs of praise. International football is bollocks and even the players only give a toss when there is a qualifier on. I would rather sit in the East with 10 jakey Stone Island wearing Hibs fans than some lad from Dingwall who just wants a wee day out from the farm. Am proud to be Scottish but the national team can do one.

GGTTH

Thecat23
09-09-2012, 10:50 AM
BTW the Dutch fans are also a national embarrasment. The proper football fans of Ajax, PSV, Utrecht and so on hate those cringey orange morons. As for the Irish, they are worse than the Tartan Army. Dressed as a leprechaun at a football match. No wonder Roy Keane ripped them to bits.

That's exactly what my mates reply was, he said you lot are as bad. The guy just laughed and never said if he did dress like that. But yeah a lot of fans go dressed up looking idiots. Like I say, not for me but each to their own.

Thecat23
09-09-2012, 10:52 AM
That's really interesting, thanks for sharing that!

This whole thread is getting more and more ridiculous, a few idiots trying to tell others what should be worn, what should be sung and even what time it is acceptable to start having a drink on Scotland matchdays!

So I'm an idiot for wanting to wear normal clothes? Did I tell anyone what to wear? Look wear your Mrs bra and knickers for all care, I'm just saying its not for me. Sorry if that doesn't sit well with you.

Oh and if you want to know colour or make of top to go with my jeans next Scotland game pm me!

Postman
09-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Half the players dont even come from our country. Our manager is a tosser who is so negative. The SFA are so corrupt its beyond belief. Folk wear feathers in their hats and sing a song from Songs of praise. International football is bollocks and even the players only give a toss when there is a qualifier on. I would rather sit in the East with 10 jakey Stone Island wearing Hibs fans than some lad from Dingwall who just wants a wee day out from the farm. Am proud to be Scottish but the national team can do one.

GGTTH

Half of 11 is 5.5, yesterday's starting 11 only had James Morrison who was not born in Scotland, not really half is it? You carry on with your rant though, don't let the facts get in the way!

Bookkeeper
09-09-2012, 11:02 AM
While I agree with the decline in Scottish football, the SFA shocking running of our game and potter being a **** - I struggle to see the argument of "lower league" English players. Only 2 players from yesterday played in the championship and I could argue Dixon was man of the match (bare in mind champions league player Mulgrew and EPL player fox pulled out)

If international football is not ur cup of team then fair do's. I for one think it should be the pinnacle of a players career but not many people treat it so. But if ur going to knock it then try and get the facts right - we had more players playing at a higher standard of league on a weekly basis than Serbia

The fact we have been looking at and picking english lower league players is precisely because of the way the Scottish game has been ruined. It's been discussed a million times over elsewhere, but the SPL set up, unfair revenue splits, old firm bias etc etc has brought us to the point where We have a poor league in both ability and financial terms and some of our best players ply their trade in the English lower leagues. And that's before you start talking about the players levein chases if he thinks there might be a Scottish granny lurkin in the background.

Anyways, "International football used to be my cup of tea" the point I was agreeing with was a general one Jack was making covering a lot of years. When playing for your country was considered the pinnacle of a players career. Maybe you should have read it properly before posting.

Postman
09-09-2012, 11:08 AM

So I'm an idiot for wanting to wear normal clothes? Did I tell anyone what to wear? Look wear your Mrs bra and knickers for all care, I'm just saying its not for me. Sorry if that doesn't sit well with you.

Oh and if you want to know colour or make of top to go with my jeans next Scotland game pm me!

You find it embarrassing? Why exactly?

And can you point out where I said you were an idiot for wearing normal clothes to a game? Can't turn this one round, I couldn't care less what others wear to a game unlike folk like you who apparently do!

blackpoolhibs
09-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Maybe its just me, but the atmosphere and the pre and after match bevy is normally the best thing about watching the national side.

We are not very good, and have not been very good for a while, making the most of it while having a good time is fine by me.

I dont go to many of the games these days, thats more to do with the team, who picks it and why.

Not who might watch us or what they sing?

Postman
09-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Maybe its just me, but the atmosphere and the pre and after match bevy is normally the best thing about watching the national side.

We are not very good, and have not been very good for a while, making the most of it while having a good time is fine by me.

I dont go to many of the games these days, thats more to do with the team, who picks it and why.

Not who might watch us or what they sing?

Spot on! A great day out with mates, not sure why so many seem to have a problem with that

Cocaine&Caviar
09-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Half of 11 is 5.5, yesterday's starting 11 only had James Morrison who was not born in Scotland, not really half is it? You carry on with your rant though, don't let the facts get in the way!

But in terms of the squad in recent years:

Gilks
Bardsley
Phillips
Fox
Martin
McLevely
Morrison
Commons
Mackie
Makael-Smith
Rhodes

Which is A HELL of a lot, keeping out young Scottish players that could have got caps in that time. As shown by Snodgrass yesterday, who should e been in the squad 3 years ago.

All starting with Quashie I believe.

PLUS the ones with dignity that knocked him back:

Carroll, Ameobi, Agbonlahor to name a few, and now there's talk of Shelvey.

"“I’m very proud of my Scottish roots but my job, most importantly, is to give us the best chance possible of qualifying for Brazil. It’s as simple as that."

TOSSER

Hibee Ryan
09-09-2012, 11:46 AM
When you're supporting Scotland, you don't normally go for the football more for the experience, if that's with spending the day with your friends in all the "traditonal" gear then so be it if that's what makes you happy then I'm all for it. The tartan army support supporting Scotland and by god we need it!!

The only problem I have with the tartan army is they seem to have this "you're either with us or against us" I find that when I tell someone in the tartan army I don't want to be in it they take this stance that I don't like it and become quite hostile, but that's just my experiences

Postman
09-09-2012, 11:56 AM
"“I’m very proud of my Scottish roots but my job, most importantly, is to give us the best chance possible of qualifying for Brazil. It’s as simple as that."

TOSSER.

I can't stand Craig Levein and the sooner he gets the bullet the better but I'm struggling to see what the problem with this quote is??

Thecat23
09-09-2012, 12:01 PM
You find it embarrassing? Why exactly?

And can you point out where I said you were an idiot for wearing normal clothes to a game? Can't turn this one round, I couldn't care less what others wear to a game unlike folk like you who apparently do!

What you said was peso merging like "idiots on here telling folk what to wear".

I find grown men wearing ginger wigs that tourists wear and kilts to games Embarrasing. That's just me tho, I don't around saying to folk not to it's just my opinion like it is for u to dress up. Once again each to their own.

Cocaine&Caviar
09-09-2012, 12:12 PM
I can't stand Craig Levein and the sooner he gets the bullet the better but I'm struggling to see what the problem with this quote is??

In context with the whole interview the BUT is him basically admitting that he's whoring out the shirt to those that aren't Scottish in hope of success, that's the definition of selling out isn't it?

Keith_M
09-09-2012, 12:14 PM
First I want to say, what a childish thread title, so that you realise that what follows is not a statement of 100% agreement with the OP.

I consider myself a Scotland fan but have no interest whatsoever in being either in or associated with the self-proclaimed Tartan Army. If dressing up as a caricature Scotsman is their thing, then I'm happy for them to do that. It takes all sorts to make a world and it would be boring if everybody was the same.

At the last Scotland game I attended, I stood in the North Stand. I didn't realise this was the enclave of said Tartan Army and I vowed (for reasons that are my own and I have no wish to enforce on others) to thereafter leave that part of the stadium to them and sit/stand elsewhere.

I am a proud Scotsman, a member of the Scotland Supporters Association but I'm NOT and never will be in the 'Tartan Army'.

Postman
09-09-2012, 12:15 PM
What you said was peso merging like "idiots on here telling folk what to wear".

I find grown men wearing ginger wigs that tourists wear and kilts to games Embarrasing. That's just me tho, I don't around saying to folk not to it's just my opinion like it is for u to dress up. Once again each to their own.

No idea what that means!

There are very few ginger wigs worn at matches, many glengarrys with a feather or two though but who cares if one or two do! And were you embarrassed by the Hibs supporters who wore a kilt to Hampden in May? I have no idea why you would be embarrassed for these folk wearing their national dress to a Scotland match anyway!!

Postman
09-09-2012, 12:19 PM
In context with the whole interview the BUT is him basically admitting that he's whoring out the shirt to those that aren't Scottish in hope of success, that's the definition of selling out isn't it?

He's not breaking any rules, if he can get better players this way then so be it. It works to great effect for the likes of Germany.

If were to qualify for Brazil 2014 then I certainly wouldn't be unhappy because it was Jordan Rhodes that scored the goals that got us there!

hiBZiNHo
09-09-2012, 12:22 PM
omg how dare people have a laugh and sing, what a bunch of tossers........................................... ............................

how about you just dont go to a football game xd

shetlandhibee
09-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Christ all mighty, leave them alone.

So people turn up in kilts for a drink and a banter, so what?

I spoke to a few of these kilt wearers in my local today who had been at the game, and they were all really nice people who had a great time at the game.

The problem isn't them, the problem is us.

We must be some of the dullest fans in the league.

Aye, lets forget about dressing up, having a bevy and a laugh.... because its cringeworthy right enough... :rolleyes:
:agree: internationals are just about having a gd time and singing

Cocaine&Caviar
09-09-2012, 12:36 PM
He's not breaking any rules, if he can get better players this way then so be it. It works to great effect for the likes of Germany.

If were to qualify for Brazil 2014 then I certainly wouldn't be unhappy because it was Jordan Rhodes that scored the goals that got us there!

I would. Might as well buy and England shirt of that's the mentality, which actually isn't actually totally inconceivable, say what you want about some of the press or fans, but they are an example of a country performing within their means with their actual talent.

Scouse Hibee
09-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Are the eligilibility rules for joing the Tartan Army the same as playing for the national team or is the TA 100% Scottish with no exceptions? :greengrin

--------
09-09-2012, 12:42 PM

That about says it for me, Jack.

That team yesterday was set out to play negatively. It demonstrated clearly to me that Levein hasn't learned a thing from previous games in charge - indeed his post-match comments make it clear he has no intentions of learning from this game either. He has his goalkeeper to thank that he isn't looking back at a 2-0 defeat rather than a draw which for some obscure reason he seems to reckon as an 'acceptable' result. There was little or no shape to the team that I could see.

I'm not sure what the point is of going to a football match for the 'experience' rather than for the football.

If I want to dress up in tartan and celebrate Scottishness I think the place I'd go would maybe have been the Pipe Band World Championships a couple of weeks back? At least there I'd be entertained, and the musicians would keep proper time. 'Flower of Scotland' isn't my favourite Scots song, but it does sound better if those singing it are all singing it together, at the same tempo and to the same tune. Yesterday it was a complete mess, partly because it was played in a rollicking 3/4 time like a waltz at a hill-billy hoe-down, partly because the Tartan Army all started singing it at different times, finished singing it at different times, and were never together not once from start to finish. A mess.

Going to football - at whatever level - is essentially about the team and the game.

Ultimately, it's about results, but it's also about the way the team approaches the game, the way the team plays. The attitude that a Scotland game is really just 'a grand day out with your mates' I just cannot understand - it means that whatever's going on on the pitch - Scotland lucky to draw with the Faroes, struggling to scrape a win over Liechtenstein, losing 4-0 to Wales as they did a couple of years back - the Scottish fans will not get angry, will not get annoyed, won't get anything, but just carry on singing stupid songs like 'Doh, a deer' and enjoy the 'grand day out' with their mates?

Not my idea of following football, and one reason for my disenchantment with the whole Scotland set-up. An incompetent manager who also happens to be one of the most unpleasant men in Scottish football; a squad increasingly padded out by non-Scots; our best forward - who's more Scottish than the guys who're taking his place right now - frozen out by the intransigent idiot running the team; and a support who seem hell-bent on perpetuating an insulting racist caricature of the Scot first invented by an offensively unfunny ENGLISH alleged 'comedian' - what is there not to dislike about the national team at present?

The tragedy is that it's the game itself, and folks who love the game and long to see the Scotland team do well, who're suffering.

Not the folks who just go for a grand day out with their mates.

Thecat23
09-09-2012, 12:44 PM
No idea what that means!

There are very few ginger wigs worn at matches, many glengarrys with a feather or two though but who cares if one or two do! And were you embarrassed by the Hibs supporters who wore a kilt to Hampden in May? I have no idea why you would be embarrassed for these folk wearing their national dress to a Scotland match anyway!!

Sorry predict text.. I'm not arguing all day over this. Yes folk who dressesd in kilts at the final would make me cringe. Sorry if this offends you but I won't won't change my view on it. I'm not having a go at folk who wear them I'm saying I find it embarrassing that's all. You don't I do simples.

JohnStephens91
09-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Got to love this thread - some people need to get a grip! Are these people still masterbating to jazz mags? How dare a Scottish person wear a kilt, sing a song and back the team? How bloody dare they!

As for the post by S&S which says its too expensive? I paid £25 for my ticket yesterday to watch a World Cup qualifier which had no less than 8 premiership (quoted as the best league in the world) players. Compare that to tickets at SPL grounds where the product on show is gash, stadiums are empty and atmosphere is rubbish! Yep, give me ER with 8k people there and 2 poor teams for £24 - and people call the Tartan Army idiots

The prices I seen were £28 and £35 which is a rip off to go and watch a national team that isn't worth supporting and to watch two dross sides battle it out in a 0-0 draw. Charging £28 for Scotland vs Macedonia is a joke as well. The prices are a major rip off for the Scottish national team and they limit child tickets to the East stand which is a farce, they don't even have OAP or student tickets either which makes it even more ludicrous. I'd much rather pay full price (which I don't anyway being a student) to go and see Hibs play because the game is going to be much more exciting then sitting watching a 4-5-1 formation at home with a team that is supposed to represent the nations best players and is still rank.

Also you say 8 Premiership players, but remember Tom Soares was a Premiership player, so it just goes to prove that the quality of a majority of their players overshadows how poor and average other players are, such as Morrison.

--------
09-09-2012, 01:04 PM

As for the post by S&S which says its too expensive? I paid £25 for my ticket yesterday to watch a Wolrd Cup qualifyer which had no less than 8 premiership (quoted as the best league in the world) players. Compare that to tickets at SPL grounds where the product on show is gash, stadiums are empty and atmosphere is rubbish! Yep, give me ER with 8k people there and 2 poor teams for £24 - and people call the Tartan Army idiots

EIGHT Premiership players? Eight supporting actors at best - certainly not stars. One of them was NAISMITH, for crying out loud, another was Nastasic, 19 years old and as raw as an unboiled egg.

And in case you didn't notice, the match itself was RANK - no small credit for that due to our esteemed Fuhrer Craigie-boy, the Clot Without a Clue.

Just because it's a WC Qualifier doesn't mean it's worth paying to watch it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Some quality fishing on here!

jimmythefish
09-09-2012, 01:16 PM
die hard hibby go to as many games as poss 20-25 a season & i find the scotland games a bit o welcome change fi the frustration o watching hibs (last few seasons anyway) i go to all the home scotland games & occasionally away, the atmosphere is always good & normally the team respond wi 100% effort

JohnStephens91
09-09-2012, 01:17 PM
You must find it very difficult going to Easter Road as well then! If you find it unacceptable to hear anti-English comments at Scotland games, the likes of the Wallace Mercer and paedo songs must have you turning your back on Hibs and the fans?

Who cares what knowledge the fans have about of opposition players, I was at the Serbia game yesterday and hadn't heard of a good few of the starting line up yet don't think of myself as someone who knows 'hee haw' about football! Should I read up about all of the Macedonia players before the midweek game or not bother going? I'll admit there are loads of players I know little about in the SPL, should I just return my season ticket because I don't know enough?

Its just as well SPL is so cheap then yeah? And its great that we hand pick the fans who go to Easter Road and reject any 'nuggets'!

I don't turn my back on them but I have made it know that those songs are disgusting and have no place at a football stadium, neither does shouting anything during your national anthem.

What I was talking about are the people who clearly have no interest in football other than to watch Scotland and then perceive themselves to be huge fans of the game and talk the biggest load of tosh ever to leave their mouth. Some of the best bits of wisdom I heard last night were 'Belgium, name me the last good player to come from Belgium?', 'I'd rather have a striker that works hard and doesn't put the ball in the net than one that scores but doesn't have the same work rate.' and perhaps my favourite 'Even though we have only beaten Lithuania and Liechtenstein under CL we will win against Belgium and Croatia home and away.' Absolute roasters, I reckon if you take a straw poll about a tenth of the crowd will have no overriding interest in football at a national team game and only go to 'hate the English' or because they feel as if it makes them a proud Scot wanting independence or some other pish that should have nothing to do with football.

Also the SPL is cheaper for a family day out, OAPs and students. As a student going to the football is quite expensive without a student priced ticket so SPL clubs that offer them are doing a good job. £12 to go and see a game of football is great quality and the most expensive is £17 which still isn't that bad. But for the SFA to charge £28 and £35 a ticket then limit child prices to the East stand is horrendous. Also while there is the odd 'nugget' at Easter Road at least they don't: show up so mangled they can barely stand, wear a kilt, shouting out ****ers during Glory, Glory, to the Hibees, try and act funny when there behaviour is verging on cringey, wear a stupid hat with a feather in it, have fans more concerned about being drunk than watching the football or only show up for the atmosphere.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Did a man in a kilt steal your chips when you were younger?

woody47
09-09-2012, 01:37 PM
This thread is actually quite amusing with so many people being embarassed about the way fans dress, act and sing at Hibs/Scotland games so I thought I would do a comparison between both.

- Hibs fans / Scotland fans

Dressing in kilts yes / yes
Wearing hats/caps yes / yes
Green/ginger wigs yes / yes
Singing songs yes / yes
Drinking before the game yes / yes
Having a good day out yes / yes
Fighting amongst themselves yes (east stand)/ never actually seen it
Arguing amongst themselves yes / yes
Painting face yes / yes

So for all those 'embarassed' at the Scotland support maybe you should have a look closer to home. I am also interested in what form does this embarassment take?

JohnStephens91
09-09-2012, 01:46 PM
This thread is actually quite amusing with so many people being embarassed about the way fans dress, act and sing at Hibs/Scotland games so I thought I would do a comparison between both.

- Hibs fans / Scotland fans

Dressing in kilts yes / yes
Wearing hats/caps yes / yes
Green/ginger wigs yes / yes
Singing songs yes / yes
Drinking before the game yes / yes
Having a good day out yes / yes
Fighting amongst themselves yes (east stand)/ never actually seen it
Arguing amongst themselves yes / yes
Painting face yes / yes

So for all those 'embarassed' at the Scotland support maybe you should have a look closer to home. I am also interested in what form does this embarassment take?

Is it standard to wear a kilt at a Hibs game? No
Do Hibs fans wear hats with feathers in them? No
Is it standard to see a green wig at Easter Road on a match day? No
Do Hibs fans shout out 'w***er' during songs such as Sunshine on Leith or any other emotive song? No
Do Hibs fans get so bladdered they can barely stand before a game? No
Do Hibs fans have a good day out? No :greengrin
Has anyone on this thread accused anyone of fisticuffs? No
Do Hibs fans in their thousands show up at Easter Road with their face painted? No

I looked closer to home and answered everything for you :aok:

cocopops1875
09-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Sorry predict text.. I'm not arguing all day over this. Yes folk who dressesd in kilts at the final would make me cringe. Sorry if this offends you but I won't won't change my view on it. I'm not having a go at folk who wear them I'm saying I find it embarrassing that's all. You don't I do simples.

Just out of interest what is your issue with Kilt's ? is it just at football or everyday life ? are they ok at weddings or not ? :greengrin

Bookkeeper
09-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Do Hibs fans shout out 'w***er' during songs such as Sunshine on Leith or any other emotive song? No
Do Hibs fans in their thousands show up at Easter Road with their face painted? No

:greengrin Haha! Like it.

Hibrandenburg
09-09-2012, 01:54 PM

I absolutely hate it when people make judgements on other folks and build their opinions on others based on what clothes they wear.
How can you be embarrassed by what OTHERS wear?

fatbloke
09-09-2012, 02:00 PM
to the couple of folk who have phoned me to ask if I am OP, because they know I live in the metropolis that is Port Seton the answer is no I am Fatbloke, they know who they are and I am happy to keep them right.:greengrin

woody47
09-09-2012, 02:11 PM

You really are not seeing the picture are you? Take the green tinted glasses off.

Scotland games are few and far between so are treated as days out. Hibs games are every week for 38 plus games over a 9/10 month period so are not treated as much. If Hibs were to get to semi-finals and cup finals I guarantee you all what I said is true.
So in answer to your response - YES it is standard to wear green wigs at days out. YES it is standard to see Hibs fans so bladdered they can hardly stand. YES it is standard for Hibs fans to have their faces painted. And the reason for bringing up the fighting amongst themselves it is because THAT is embarassing. Seeing fans supporting the same team fighting amongst themselves is embarassing.
So again - HAVE A LOOK AT YOURSELF!!!!!

S.sct
09-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Some quality fishing on here!

Thats how the whole thing started. A wee bit mischIef on a Saturday night has filled what would probably have been a quiet day ;-)

basehibby
09-09-2012, 02:20 PM

Talking about tossers - can I nominate this for ****iest thread of the year?

I'm not a regular at Scotland matches but when I've been I've enjoyed the atmosphere (which incidentally is usually a lot more intimidatory to the opposition than we ever manage at ER).

Part of the attraction of Scotland matches for many people is the fanfare of colour and the party spirit exuded by the "tartan army". Just cos this was not to your liking is no good reason to label the majority of the Scotland support a "bunch of tossers".

JohnStephens91
09-09-2012, 02:23 PM
You really are not seeing the picture are you? Take the green tinted glasses off.

Scotland games are few and far between so are treated as days out. Hibs games are every week for 38 plus games over a 9/10 month period so are not treated as much. If Hibs were to get to semi-finals and cup finals I guarantee you all what I said is true.
So in answer to your response - YES it is standard to wear green wigs at days out. YES it is standard to see Hibs fans so bladdered they can hardly stand. YES it is standard for Hibs fans to have their faces painted. And the reason for bringing up the fighting amongst themselves it is because THAT is embarassing. Seeing fans supporting the same team fighting amongst themselves is embarassing.
So again - HAVE A LOOK AT YOURSELF!!!!!

At the Aberdeen semi I seen none of that, at the final I seen hardly anyone wearing a kilt, or any grown man or woman wearing a wig or with their face painted, in fact I barely seen a child with dressed like that. Also there were not very many fans who were so pished they could barely stand. The Tartan Army are nothing short of a joke.

basehibby
09-09-2012, 02:26 PM
First I want to say, what a childish thread title, so that you realise that what follows is not a statement of 100% agreement with the OP.

I consider myself a Scotland fan but have no interest whatsoever in being either in or associated with the self-proclaimed Tartan Army. If dressing up as a caricature Scotsman is their thing, then I'm happy for them to do that. It takes all sorts to make a world and it would be boring if everybody was the same.

At the last Scotland game I attended, I stood in the North Stand. I didn't realise this was the enclave of said Tartan Army and I vowed (for reasons that are my own and I have no wish to enforce on others) to thereafter leave that part of the stadium to them and sit/stand elsewhere.

I am a proud Scotsman, a member of the Scotland Supporters Association but I'm NOT and never will be in the 'Tartan Army'.

I thought the "tartan army" was just a name for the Scotland support in general - didn't think it was some kind of separate club :confused:

HibsMax
09-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Didn't read much more than about the first 10 posts.

What a ****ing joke. Are people that bored that they have to ridicule the people who enjoy following their country and supporting them vocally? I suppose it would be better if everyone just say down quietly, sipped some tea and did a crossword....breaking every now and again for a golf clap and a whispered word of encouragement to the players.

ancient hibee
09-09-2012, 02:29 PM
When you watch any sporting event particularly if it is being televised it's pretty obvious that many of the spectators think that they are the big story not what's going on in frontof them.

Hibrandenburg
09-09-2012, 02:32 PM

What a ****ing joke. Are people that bored that they have to ridicule the people who enjoy following their country and supporting them vocally? I suppose it would be better if everyone just say down quietly, sipped some tea and did a crossword....breaking every now and again for a golf clap and a whispered word of encouragement to the players.

Exactly! Some people can't tell the difference between fishing and being an obnoxious, insulting knobend.

Danny_Hibee
09-09-2012, 02:37 PM
I wear my kilt to every Scotland game that I go to and usually go up town afterwards with my kilt on and have pulled on every occasion without fail - I don't care how cringeworthy or embarrassing it is, it seems to work for a distinctly average lad like me! :wink:

marinello59
09-09-2012, 02:41 PM

Well said. I don't understand why the default position of so many is to sneer at those who refuse to let going to the Fitba be a totally joyless experience. People are allowed to enjoy themselves. Despite the nonsensical Shankly quote it is still only a game.:tin hat:

cocopops1875
09-09-2012, 02:43 PM
I wear my kilt to every Scotland game that I go to and usually go up town afterwards with my kilt on and have pulled on every occasion without fail - I don't care how cringeworthy or embarrassing it is, it seems to work for a distinctly average lad like me! :wink:

LAD:agree::thumbsup::not worth

Thecat23
09-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Just out of interest what is your issue with Kilt's ? is it just at football or everyday life ? are they ok at weddings or not ? :greengrin

Weddings are fine mate, that's were I think they should stay. Not fat grown men smashed wearing them at games to show how "Super Scottish" they are. I'll prob get peters for that but that's just me. I would never tell anyone what to wear either, it's there choice. Folk keep asking why do it embarrass me.. Well like I say, guys hammered spouting pish and wearing a kilt just makes us Scots look idiots.

MacBean
09-09-2012, 02:48 PM
What's everyone's opinions on the Dutch fans?

Let's all be boring colourless gits.

Hibrandenburg
09-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Weddings are fine mate, that's were I think they should stay. Not fat grown men smashed wearing them at games to show how "Super Scottish" they are. I'll prob get peters for that but that's just me. I would never tell anyone what to wear either, it's there choice. Folk keep asking why do it embarrass me.. Well like I say, guys hammered spouting pish and wearing a kilt just makes us Scots look idiots.
Nah, hammered and spouting pish makes you look like a idiot, wearing a kilt on top makes you look like a Scottish idiot. Herein lies the problem I think.

Thecat23
09-09-2012, 02:53 PM
I absolutely hate it when people make judgements on other folks and build their opinions on others based on what clothes they wear.
How can you be embarrassed by what OTHERS wear?

I certainly don't judge. Because someone is wearing a kilt does not mean I'll take a dislike to them that's for sure. Many of my friends wear them to games. Jeezo I thought this was a board for opinions? I've explained why I don't like them at games.

Cocaine&Caviar
09-09-2012, 02:53 PM

and what do you believe the actual linkage between the kilt & being Scottish is? Its a bit of a myth tbh, William Wallace wore trousers.

Danny_Hibee
09-09-2012, 02:54 PM
and what do you believe the actual linkage between the kilt & being Scottish is? Its a bit of a myth tbh, William Wallace wore trousers.

And that's why he never pulled up town!!

HibsMax
09-09-2012, 02:55 PM

I've never met anyone who thought that a drunken Scot in a kilt was anything other than someone having some fun. I've never heard them referred to categorically as idiots. That's not to say you don't get idiots who are both Scottish and wearing a kilt but one plus the other does not make a man an idiot. Making sweeping generalisations does though.

Pretty Boy

Is there no middle ground between being a drunken, slavering idiot (Scottish or otherwise) and a tea sipping, crossword completing bore?

Thecat23
Nah, hammered and spouting pish makes you look like a idiot, wearing a kilt on top makes you look like a Scottish idiot. Herein lies the problem I think.

Haha fair point mate.

cocopops1875
09-09-2012, 02:56 PM

i only ask as I'm a regular Kilt wearer, Weddings, nights out, Gigs, festivals, any other day where smart dress is required (I'm really not a dress trousers and shoes guy) Also when Hibs go on Tour. I am also a Fat, Bald, Bearded, Heavily tattooed And quite often smashed, i have 5 Different Kilts Classic and modern and can't say i have ever felt embarrassed, In general i get nothing but compliments on Them certainly the Modern ones and if i worked somewhere that i could wear a kilt i would have more and they would be daily attire for me:agree:

HibsMax
09-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Is there no middle ground between being a drunken, slavering idiot (Scottish or otherwise) and a tea sipping, crossword completing bore?

I'm sure there is. But since one extreme was given I countered with the other.

Thecat23
09-09-2012, 03:03 PM
i only ask as I'm a regular Kilt wearer, Weddings, nights out, Gigs, festivals, any other day where smart dress is required (I'm really not a dress trousers and shoes guy) Also when Hibs go on Tour. I am also a Fat, Bald, Bearded, Heavily tattooed And quite often smashed, i have 5 Different Kilts Classic and modern and can't say i have ever felt embarrassed, In general i get nothing but compliments on Them certainly the Modern ones and if i worked somewhere that i could wear a kilt i would have more and they would be daily attire for me:agree:

Fair play mate, like I said I wasn't having a go it was my general prefferance. Interesting to read someone like yourself wearing one when you can and fully enjoying it as often as you can. Maybe I have been a bit harsh but I still stand by my point I just don't like them at games. Prob cos the folk I've seen have been the ones shouting pish and think they are the ubber fan. Believe me there are a few out there. Not for a min saying you are like that mate, seems you just enjoy it.

Hibrandenburg
09-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Where e'er ye may be, let yer baws swing free.

vein
09-09-2012, 03:19 PM
At the Aberdeen semi I seen none of that, at the final I seen hardly anyone wearing a kilt, or any grown man or woman wearing a wig or with their face painted, in fact I barely seen a child with dressed like that. Also there were not very many fans who were so pished they could barely stand. The Tartan Army are nothing short of a joke.

At the final I saw all of these things in the east stand. In fact one of the boys that was too pished to stand was wearing a kilt and glengarry so to be fair he may have got his dates mixed up ;-)

EdinMike
(Shall not mention that the Kilt is actually a Norwegian thing they brought over and shall slyly walk away from this thread...)

:whistle:

ekhibee
It's interesting, but a lot of people on this thread have made comparisons between supporting club and country. I dunno, but for quite a while now it seems as if many of the people who follow the Tartan Army don't seem to follow any particular club team. Also a lot of them seem to come from Perthshire and the highlands for some reason, where there aren't many football teams anyway. How people dress to a football match is totally up to them, what they sing is totally up to them too and I have no problem with that either, but one or 2 folk at my work were saying the day before the game that there might not be a full house at the Serbia game because of Rangers fans boycotting the SFA stuff. I'm not in any way critisizing Scotland fans, it's great to support the country at any time, just don't think that a lot of the time Scottish club football fans don't care enough about the national team at this present time, probably mostly due to who the manager is.

nonshinyfinish
09-09-2012, 03:31 PM
And that's why he never pulled up town!!

He did get his Nat King off that French lassie though.

(Shall not mention that the Kilt is actually a Norwegian thing they brought over and shall slyly walk away from this thread...)

Sort of like a footballer who was born in another country but has lived most of his life in Scotland? Or am I getting mixed up with another thread? :confused:

The Harp
09-09-2012, 03:39 PM
IMHO this is a thread that's better left alone but seeing as I've been for a couple of pints, what the Hell.:devil: I've never worn a kilt in my puff (legs too skinny and veiny) but I stand by the right of others to do so.:wink:
I've done a couple of Wembleys (inc. the goal posts one in '77) and many Hampden games in the 60's and 70's but, if I'm honest, I wouldn't cross the street to watch the national side right now. I'm 100% behind the Hibs in a footballing sense, but that's it. Maybe if the national side ever get someone in charge who knows what he's doing, it might change but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
However, the Tartan Army have been superb ambassadors for Scotland for a good number of years now and their non-involvement in the next world cup would be a crying shame. Good on ya guys!

Dashing Bob S
09-09-2012, 03:53 PM

It's possible encompass both states, and everything in between, depending on one's particular mood. Pretty much sums up my match day experience tbh.

Postman
09-09-2012, 03:58 PM

Not sure where all the grown men wearing wigs, with painted faces or who could hardly stand cause they were so drunk were yesterday because none of them were anywhere near me!

The nonsense you spout is nothing short of a joke!

NAE NOOKIE
09-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Ye gods ... what a boring world it would be if we all conformed to the OPs opinion of the Tartan Army.

I for one dont like the term, because for some reason it appears to have been hijacked by the Scotland regulars, whereas it had always been a catch all term to describe the Scotland support in general.

Who cares if the Scotland fans dress up in kilts or funny hats or whatever ... it adds a bit of colour to the crowd and I for one cant see the harm in that. Mind you .. some countries take it too far ... like these daft Brazilians with their stupid Samba music and beautiful girls going about half dressed in and around the stadiums at World Cups ... what a cliche' that is ... do away with it I say!

As for some Scotland fans not knowing a lot about football ..... so what ... hell after 30 odd years of watching football I still cant look at a match after 5 minutes and say what formation a team is playing and its a fact that I dont know the names of half the players in the teams Hibs play against ... but who cares .... I still enjoy the match.

The Scotland support over the last 20 years or more have managed to get themselves a reputation for being out for a laugh and being able to get on with supporters of the countries we play against ... how can that not be a good thing. Hell I have followed Hibs down to Bolton, Carlisle and Blackpool over the last few years because I knew it would be a laugh and I would have a good time. Not because I was that bothered about the result. Hell I even had a few pints before the game as well. Its a huge part of my enjoyment of football as I'm sure it is for a lot of football fans.

The only thing I would say against the Scotland away regulars is that it does seem that a number of them dont seem to be that bothered about supporting the domestic game and that does bother me. I would suggest that there should be a system in place where folk who buy season tickets for their domestic clubs, get first dibs on international tickets.

I would love to follow Scotland to a Euro championships, but coz I'm not in the Scotland travel club I would have a job getting a ticket for the matches .... not fair IMO.

Bishop Hibee
09-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Some drivel on this thread. All sorts of people go to Scotland games. In our group of 6 their were 3 Hibs ST holders, one of whom goes to EVERY Hibs game. There were also 2 Jambos and 1 guy who by his own admission isn't much of a football fan but was along for the day out. Four of us wore jeans, two wore a kilt and 3 had Scotland related tops. Can the enlightened ones who post on here care to explain who the eejits were (obviously the jambos :greengrin ) what sort of clothing is appropriate for a Scotland game and who were the real fans :confused: I had a great day out although the game itself was deadly dull.

Like Hibs fans follow Hibs through thick and thin, tens of thousands do the same with Scotland. If you don't like it don't watch and don't go.

Golden Bear
09-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Looks like I'll now need to buy a new Hibs scarf for Saturday's game as the present tartan one looks to be strictly unacceptable.

marinello59
09-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Looks like I'll now need to buy a new Hibs scarf for Saturday's game as the present tartan one looks to be strictly unacceptable.

I am buying a kilt for the game. And a hat with the biggest feather I can find in it.:thumbsup:

neilmartinrocks
09-09-2012, 04:06 PM

Bollox. The word kilt derives from a viking word not Norwegian. It simply means "tucked in". Both types of viking wore similar to the highland and island folk. This myth of it being viking comes from a guy Magnus Bareleg who raided the west coast and Ireland prefering the Celtic style rather than the Viking one.

:greengrin

Postman
09-09-2012, 04:08 PM

Probably best to run your whole choice of outfit by the fashion police on here on Friday as well to make sure its going to be allowed! I really hope I don't embarrass anyone with what I choose to wear against Killie!

blackpoolhibs
09-09-2012, 04:11 PM
I am buying a kilt for the game. And a hat with the biggest feather I can find in it.:thumbsup:

I will just be wearing waders. :thumbsup:

EdinMike
09-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Bollox. The word kilt derives from a viking word not Norwegian. It simply means "tucked in". Both types of viking wore similar to the highland and island folk. This myth of it being viking comes from a guy Magnus Bareleg who raided the west coast and Ireland prefering the Celtic style rather than the Viking one.

Bollox to you I didn't do History in school I did Geography so I don't have a come back...

It was Scandanavian though and they did something with the Celts and something else happened and they went somewhere and they did something and somthing else happened and then Scotland the Brave was written I dunno... :wink:

marinello59
09-09-2012, 04:12 PM
I will just be wearing waders. :thumbsup:

:sick:

Golden Bear
09-09-2012, 04:16 PM
I hope that the Kilmarnock fans will be allowed in with their "bunnets."

Maybe we should give them an advance warning to dress accordingly for their forthcoming visit to ER.

Postman
09-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Weddings are fine mate, that's were I think they should stay. Not fat grown men smashed wearing them at games.

i only ask as I'm a regular Kilt wearer, Weddings, nights out, Gigs, festivals, any other day where smart dress is required (I'm really not a dress trousers and shoes guy) Also when Hibs go on Tour. I am also a Fat, Bald, Bearded, Heavily tattooed And quite often smashed

Fair play mate, like I said I wasn't having a go it was my general prefferance. Interesting to read someone like yourself wearing one when you can and fully enjoying it as often as you can. Maybe I have been a bit harsh but I still stand by my point I just don't like them at games. Prob cos the folk I've seen have been the ones shouting pish and think they are the ubber fan. Believe me there are a few out there. Not for a min saying you are like that mate, seems you just enjoy it.

Classic backtracking! Especially given that he is exactly the type you say shouldn't be wearing one??

Thecat23
09-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Classic backtracking! Especially given that he is exactly the type you say shouldn't be wearing one??

Backtracking.. When in that post I said I still stand by what I said. I don't like them worm at games. Only from my own experience. I'm not that ignorant to dismiss a poster with his view. He put it across well. Your actually coming across an arse with snide comments "fashion police" etc.. Loads of abusing drunks at games in kilts is what I seen. So i still do have that opinion. Now stop being a tit and except others opinions.

SRHibs
09-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Backtracking.. When in that post I said I still stand by what I said. I don't like them worm at games. Only from my own experience. I'm not that ignorant to dismiss a poster with his view. He put it across well. Your actually coming across an arse with snide comments "fashion police" etc.. Drinks abusing drunks at games in kilts is what I seen I gate it still do. Now stop being a tit and except others opinions.

Don't worry, with narrow-minded views like yours, I assume most are 'excepting' your opinion quite willingly.

Thecat23
09-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Don't worry, with narrow-minded views like yours, I assume most are 'excepting' your opinion quite willingly.

Grow up honestly. So because I don't like seeing Kilts at games I'm narrow minded? It's a ****ing preference. You may not approve what I wear I'm not going to think your narrow mined. Talk about nit picking and taking folks posts way out of context, it's a wonder why folk bother posting anything at all. If its against the grain your shot down, and I'm the "narrow minded one" laughable at best.

Postman
09-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Backtracking.. When in that post I said I still stand by what I said. I don't like them worm at games. Only from my own experience. I'm not that ignorant to dismiss a poster with his view. He put it across well. Your actually coming across an arse with snide comments "fashion police" etc.. Drinks abusing drunks at games in kilts is what I seen I gate it still do. Now stop being atit and except others opinions.

Eh.....what??

Postman
09-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Grow up honestly. So because I don't like seeing Kilts at games I'm narrow minded? It's a ****ing preference. You may not approve what I wear I'm not going to think your narrow mined. Talk about nit picking and taking folks posts way out of context, it's a wonder why folk bother posting anything at all. If its against the grain your shot down, and I'm the "narrow minded one" laughable at best.

No its not! Why did you ever comment on fat people in particular wearing them??

The Harp
09-09-2012, 05:36 PM

... it's all that Walter Scott's fault!!!:grr:

Thecat23
09-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Eh.....what??

Again predict text.. Should read before I post. Sure you get my point though.

Thecat23
09-09-2012, 05:41 PM
No its not! Why did you ever comment on fat people in particular wearing them??

Because it genuinely is fat drunks shouting abuse in kilts. That's my experience of it. The boy said he gets drunk etc.. Never said shouts abuse. Now can you tell me why you came out with smart arse comments about "fashion Police" and stuff. Just because folk have an opinion right or wrong doesn't mean others need to have cheap shots. Pisses me off that.

Postman
09-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Because it genuinely is fat drunks shouting abuse in kilts. That's my experience of it. The boy said he gets drunk etc.. Never said shouts abuse. Now can you tell me why you came out with smart arse comments about "fashion Police" and stuff. Just because folk have an opinion right or wrong doesn't mean others need to have cheap shots. Pisses me off that.

Might be because you pass disapproving comment on what people wear? Pretty obvious I'd say.

And still don't see the relevance in someones weight? Just stupid! Skinny guys behave differently??

Thecat23
09-09-2012, 05:56 PM
I just told you it was always the fat drunk guys I seen. That's a real experience not a generalisation. Course skinny guys do too. If it were skinny guys I'd seen I'd have said that. You really are not grasping this. I base this on what I've seen and that's why it's put me off. Not just because I feel im better than anyone. Yet you go onto comments like the "fashion police" which is stupid. We could go on all night but I find your comments a bit snide when I was being honest and a more than once Ive seen what I've told you. There will be **** loads of kilt wearing guys who cause no bother at all. Shame I was in with the ********s that put me off.

Ross4356
09-09-2012, 06:54 PM

Fartin army...How old are you? Also if the result had been 3 nil would you have even made this post?

No doubt after yer moaning you won't attend any more games and your presence certainly won't be missed.

Keith_M
09-09-2012, 07:05 PM
I thought the "tartan army" was just a name for the Scotland support in general - didn't think it was some kind of separate club :confused:

It used to be, but the term has been hijacked by one section of the scotland support in recent years. I'm sure they have some kind of association, officially called the Tartan Army. The compulsory uniform is a follows

Glengarry hat, with optional pin badges and big feather. (OR, 'See you Jimmy' ginger wig and hat); Kilt; Hiking Socks; Timberland Boots; Scotland Top; Can of Tennents Super Strength Lager; Smug Expression.

Bishop Hibee
09-09-2012, 07:12 PM
It used to be, but the term has been hijacked by one section of the scotland support in recent years. I'm sure they have some kind of association, officially called the Tartan Army. The compulsory uniform is a follows

Glengarry hat, with optional pin badges and big feather. (OR, 'See you Jimmy' ginger wig and hat); Kilt; Hiking Socks; Timberland Boots; Scotland Top; Can of Tennents Super Strength Lager; Smug Expression.

:rolleyes:I'd say you are coming across as the smug one. You obviously know nothing about Scotland fans. One of the guys I was with had nothing tartan, no Scotland gear but a rather natty Ralph Lauren dark blue, white and red polo shirt. He's quite happy to call himself a member of the Tartan Army. What, pray tell, do other sections of the Scotland support call themselves :confused:

PatHead
09-09-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm going to turn up to the next Hibs game completely naked, just so I don't offend anyone. :wink:

Will we find out why you are called "wee" then?

Nuitdelune
09-09-2012, 07:25 PM
There is a mystery though to the Tartan Army, whatever that is, which someone might explain. I have a colleague at work who is involved in local village football, youth teams etc.. He loves his football. He goes to all the Scotland matches, fully decked out and talks about getting points etc for tickets. However he doesn't support a club. How can that be? Never been so rude to ask him, yet

Jonnyboy
09-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Cannae be erkied reading through this whole thread so I'll say mt piece and hope no-one else has beaten me to it :greengrin

Full stadium - shiittte atmosphere (on telly anyway). Blimey I could even hear the Serbian fans sing!!

LancashireHibby
09-09-2012, 07:29 PM

Good luck with that one, haven't you been reading the club shop threads?! :wink:

Scouse Hibee
09-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Is the Tartan Army not just the collective name for Scotland's support or have I misunderstood for the last 40 odd years?

Keith_M
09-09-2012, 07:37 PM
:rolleyes:I'd say you are coming across as the smug one. You obviously know nothing about Scotland fans. One of the guys I was with had nothing tartan, no Scotland gear but a rather natty Ralph Lauren dark blue, white and red polo shirt. He's quite happy to call himself a member of the Tartan Army. What, pray tell, do other sections of the Scotland support call themselves :confused:

You'd have to ask the Official Tartan Army. I haven't joined their club so I'm pretty much the same as your mate, I find it all unnecesssary as well.

Jonnyboy
09-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Is the Tartan Army not just the collective name for Scotland's support or have I misunderstood for the last 40 odd years?

That's a risky assessment to make as not all Scotland fans consider themselves members of the Tartan Army. Just as I'm sure there will be England fans who are not part of the hooligan element that seems to follow the team wherever it goes.

Scouse Hibee
09-09-2012, 07:48 PM
That's a risky assessment to make as not all Scotland fans consider themselves members of the Tartan Army. Just as I'm sure there will be England fans who are not part of the hooligan element that seems to follow the team wherever it goes.

:confused: Now you've lost me! Why would you mention an English hooligan element in answer to a genuine question I asked about the Tartan Army who I have always thought of as a collective name for Scotland's supporters. Are you saying that the tartan Army are Scotlands hooligan element?

cocopops1875
09-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Where e'er ye may be, let yer baws swing free.

Thank you sir :greengrin

cocopops1875
09-09-2012, 07:52 PM
:confused: Now you've lost me! Why would you mention an English hooligan element in answer to a genuine question I asked about the Tartan Army who I have always thought of as a collective name for Scotland's supporters. Are you saying that the tartan Army are Scotlands hooligan element?

Nah pretty sure he is saying that some fans of either nation have no wish to pigeon hole themselves :wink:

Jonnyboy
09-09-2012, 07:53 PM

Not at all.

Sorry, I will try and explain my comments. You asked if the Tartan Army was the collective name for the Scotland support. I'm saying no it isn't because not every Scottish fan wants to be considered part of the Tartan Army (as an aside, I've supported Scotland for decades and do not consider myself part of the Tartan Army). Sure, the TA exists but it would be wrong to say it is a collective name for Scotland's supporters.

Now, the hooligans bit :greengrin All I meant was that non English fans generally love to dub the travelling Engerlund support collectively as hooligans when clearly that is incorrect.

Both assumptions, therefore, are wrong

Scouse Hibee
09-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Nah pretty sure he is saying that some fans of either nation have no wish to pigeon hole themselves :wink:

But why mention a hooligan element as a reference?

Jonnyboy
09-09-2012, 07:54 PM

Wish I'd thought of saying that. Wouldn't have taken nearly as long to type :greengrin

Jonnyboy
09-09-2012, 07:55 PM
But why mention a hooligan element as a reference?

See post 153

marinello59
09-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Wish I'd thought of saying that. Wouldn't have taken nearly as long to type :greengrin

Or read. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
Or read. :greengrin

:faf:

Scouse Hibee
Not at all.

Sorry, I will try and explain my comments. You asked if the Tartan Army was the collective name for the Scotland support. I'm saying no it isn't because not every Scottish fan wants to be considered part of the Tartan Army (as an aside, I've supported Scotland for decades and do not consider myself part of the Tartan Army). Sure, the TA exists but it would be wrong to say it is a collective name for Scotland's supporters.

Now, the hooligans bit :greengrin All I meant was that non English fans generally love to dub the travelling Engerlund support collectively as hooligans when clearly that is incorrect.

Both assumptions, therefore, are wrong

You mean Scottish :greengrin

Ah I get you now. :aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-09-2012, 08:46 PM

Load ay pish!

basehibby
09-09-2012, 09:14 PM
What's everyone's opinions on the Dutch fans?

Let's all be boring colourless gits.

That's not how I'd describe the Dutch at all although I don't think that's what you mean. Only one colour but never colourless. Orange is the theme for the them and they have fun with it - remember bumping into a whole bunch of geezers dressed up as an orange showadywady for example - orange brothel creepers and orange quiffs, the lot!

International matches are a big deal and an opportunity to be part of the whole spectacle for any fan that wants to - something which seems to have flown over the heads of some on here leaving them look like a bunch of scrooges IMO.

Frazerbob
09-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Ye gods ... what a boring world it would be if we all conformed to the OPs opinion of the Tartan Army.

I for one dont like the term, because for some reason it appears to have been hijacked by the Scotland regulars, whereas it had always been a catch all term to describe the Scotland support in general.

Who cares if the Scotland fans dress up in kilts or funny hats or whatever ... it adds a bit of colour to the crowd and I for one cant see the harm in that. Mind you .. some countries take it too far ... like these daft Brazilians with their stupid Samba music and beautiful girls going about half dressed in and around the stadiums at World Cups ... what a cliche' that is ... do away with it I say!

As for some Scotland fans not knowing a lot about football ..... so what ... hell after 30 odd years of watching football I still cant look at a match after 5 minutes and say what formation a team is playing and its a fact that I dont know the names of half the players in the teams Hibs play against ... but who cares .... I still enjoy the match.

The Scotland support over the last 20 years or more have managed to get themselves a reputation for being out for a laugh and being able to get on with supporters of the countries we play against ... how can that not be a good thing. Hell I have followed Hibs down to Bolton, Carlisle and Blackpool over the last few years because I knew it would be a laugh and I would have a good time. Not because I was that bothered about the result. Hell I even had a few pints before the game as well. Its a huge part of my enjoyment of football as I'm sure it is for a lot of football fans.

The only thing I would say against the Scotland away regulars is that it does seem that a number of them dont seem to be that bothered about supporting the domestic game and that does bother me. I would suggest that there should be a system in place where folk who buy season tickets for their domestic clubs, get first dibs on international tickets.

I would love to follow Scotland to a Euro championships, but coz I'm not in the Scotland travel club I would have a job getting a ticket for the matches .... not fair IMO.

Join the Scotland Supporters Club (not the Travel Club any more) then. It didn't sell out this campaign.

Frazerbob
09-09-2012, 10:22 PM

I'm sorry but I'm confused. Who is this "section of the Scotland support"?

What a load of complete pish you and several others are spouting.

sambajustice
09-09-2012, 11:09 PM
While they're getting bashed, a bunch of numpty scotland fans unfortunately booked into the same travelodge as I had last night on Paisley road. Obviously at game then night out. Came smashing back into the hotel about 3am, shouting bawling, stamping about their rooms. Woke up half the hotel I would imagine. Bawbags. Actually think they were hibs fans or had hibs fans in their party.

Not really a gripe against the tartan army. Just thought I'd share an experience of people being bawbags who were at the scotland game.

WheresTheBevvy?
10-09-2012, 01:24 AM

what you said here is very much what a sevco fan might say about the tartan army.

1) wwhat would you class as a 'student type'?
2) id rather have scotlands fans compared to hibs... CCS and all that pft do one yes that may be all in the past but there are still elements, e.g. ayr away in 2011-12 season fire works whats the need?
3) whats wrong with having some fun at games? next you wont want people talking at the football....

If you dont like it dont go! and if you dont go then you don't need to waste your time making a tit of yourself by posting on a hibs board about the tartan army when there are a few who follow both on here.

If you go to hampden you dont have to put your kilt on or top or anything to do with scotland. no one really cares what people ware e.g. iv seen east fife tops, hearts, a few hibs and peterhead tops in a scotland crowd. Woopty ****ing doo. same with people that have scotland tops on at hibs games, or rep irish tops, tri color flags etc etc.

What do i find embarrassing at hibs games far out weighs what i find embarrassing at scotland games. the attitude towards the tartan army is uncalled for, before people say 'that the majority of us are tossers' they should go and speak every single scotland fan then come back with a report

end rant

CB_NO3
10-09-2012, 04:34 AM
I would hardly say he has made a tit of himself. He has posted about his poor experience on a football forum. I could have saved him the bother and told him not to go to Hampden as its full of Walters left, right and centre. The OP's post is spot on IMO. Some will agree, some wont, thats life.

Frazerbob
10-09-2012, 08:14 AM
I would hardly say he has made a tit of himself. He has posted about his poor experience on a football forum. I could have saved him the bother and told him not to go to Hampden as its full of Walters left, right and centre. The OP's post is spot on IMO. Some will agree, some wont, thats life.

We've got another one!

I go to watch Hibs and Scotland. I wear a kilt at Scotland games, well away ones at least. I wear a kilt when supporting Hibs abroad. I usually get pretty pished when I'm away on football trips. I have even been known to sing Doh a Deer on occasion. Am I a tosser or a "Walter"?

Believe me, I have seen more embarrassing behaviour whilst abroad with Hibs than I have in 30 odd trips away with Scotland. In fact I have only ever seen Scotland fans causing trouble on three occasions....Wembley 96, Wembley 99 and Holland away in the 90's. Guess who were at the heart of it on all three occasions? Yip, our very own ultimate embarrassment the CCS.

Just Alf
10-09-2012, 08:19 AM
I know you can "block" an individual so you don't have to see their crap posts..... anyone know if you can do the same to a thread? .......

......appologies, maybe I should ask in the Tech support section.......... I guess, If it's possible, those that know how to do it won't see this.

:wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-09-2012, 08:27 AM
All this ginger Jimmy wigs for The TA is a myth. I thoroughly enjoy Scotland away trips, never worn a kilt or "a hat with a feather in it", some of the sweeping generalisations on here would be amusing if they wernae so far from reality.

Frazerbob
10-09-2012, 08:52 AM
All this ginger Jimmy wigs for The TA is a myth. I thoroughly enjoy Scotland away trips, never worn a kilt or "a hat with a feather in it", some of the sweeping generalisations on here would be amusing if they wernae so far from reality.

I can honestly say that, France 98 apart, I have NEVER seen a "jimmy hat" whilst on a Scotland trip.

Lucius Apuleius
10-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Like many above I am a member of the Scotland Supporters Club and have been for many years. I go to a Hibs game I wear a Hibs top with my jeans, I go to a Scotland game, I wear a Scotland top with my jeans. I go to Europe or anywhere outside Scotland with either I wear my kilt. I don't wera a Jimmy hat and also as said I cannot recall the last time I actually saw anyone wearing one. Actually I can, she was Armenian and had invited herself to my Burns Supper in Nigeria. Because someone had told her it was informal she thought she should wear a Jimmy hat. Her ass hurt as I kicked it and her out of my sight. If people have a problem with Scotland then fine, that is their perogative but sweeping generalizations get right on my thruppennies. Scotland fans are not unique in getting dressed up for International games. The first ones that came to mind were alluded to earlier, the Brazilian females!!!!! World would be a lot poorer place without them around a final!

givescotlandfreedom
10-09-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm not sure what to make of the tartan army. I've been to a handful of Scotland away games (used to be in the supporters' club) and had mixed experiences with some folk being a bit cringeworthy (cat calls at local women in Milan comes to mind) as well as drinking/peeing outside in someone else's country. I also found it weird when I saw a guy with a Hibs wrist band on who I started talking about Hibs with and got a row from him that club talk is forbidden or something on 'international duty'. Talk of foot soldiers, cliquey songs, glengarry/***** measuring on miles followed and trips undertaken and munters in mini kilts also weren't my cup of tea.
Equally the atmosphere at Scotland games can be truly brilliant and I've seen hostile opposition fans and players the Scotland fans at the end of games and a kind of self control where often inappropriate behaviour is dealt with by other fans at a reasonable level, which I don't think is as prevalent among Hibs fans.

Keith_M
10-09-2012, 09:53 AM

Load ay pish!

Really (http://lh6.ggpht.com/williammarkthompson/SK2yk19hEFI/AAAAAAAAAyk/pJV2yKjE7b4/Tartan%20Army.jpg)? :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
10-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Really (http://lh6.ggpht.com/williammarkthompson/SK2yk19hEFI/AAAAAAAAAyk/pJV2yKjE7b4/Tartan%20Army.jpg)? :wink:

I'd say the back two look somewhat glum. Maybe they're talking about Levein.

neilmartinrocks
10-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Having been to a few Scotland games (always at hampden) I have never worn my kilt to any of them.
Although I have worn it to Hibs games (not hibs tartan) I also wear it when I go fishing or shooting or just when I can't be arsed wearing jeans. I liked wearing my kilt when hiking as I always got a lift quicker than my mates. (Unless we were in Argyle or Ross).:greengrin

Frazerbob
10-09-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm not sure what to make of the tartan army. I've been to a handful of Scotland away games (used to be in the supporters' club) and had mixed experiences with some folk being a bit cringeworthy (cat calls at local women in Milan comes to mind) as well as drinking/peeing outside in someone else's country. I also found it weird when I saw a guy with a Hibs wrist band on who I started talking about Hibs with and got a row from him that club talk is forbidden or something on 'international duty'. Talk of foot soldiers, cliquey songs, glengarry/***** measuring on miles followed and trips undertaken and munters in mini kilts also weren't my cup of tea.
Equally the atmosphere at Scotland games can be truly brilliant and I've seen hostile opposition fans and players the Scotland fans at the end of games and a kind of self control where often inappropriate behaviour is dealt with by other fans at a reasonable level, which I don't think is as prevalent among Hibs fans.

Milan was possibly the worst trip I've been on. Higher percentage of numpties than most games. That is usually the case at the big games that attract 10,000 fans. However, all the things you describe are not restricted to Scotland fans. Every team has it twats. Anyone who was in Athens will vouch for the "Hey Baby" song which, as far as I'm concerned was just as cringe worthy as the odd wolf wistle etc.

Where I do agree with you is all the "foot soldier" chat which is a bit pathetic from grown men however, it does seem to be perpetrated by the media.

What are the cliquey songs you heard? Surely all football songs, club or country, are by their very nature "cliquey".

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-09-2012, 11:12 AM

Aye, its not a compulsory uniform for anybody, some folk will get involved with all, some or none of the things listed, so, as far as I'm concerned its generalizing where its not really called for. I come under the none category, so, its pish as far as I'm concerned.

Wembley67
10-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Milan was possibly the worst trip I've been on. Higher percentage of numpties than most games. That is usually the case at the big games that attract 10,000 fans. However, all the things you describe are not restricted to Scotland fans. Every team has it twats. Anyone who was in Athens will vouch for the "Hey Baby" song which, as far as I'm concerned was just as cringe worthy as the odd wolf wistle etc.

Where I do agree with you is all the "foot soldier" chat which is a bit pathetic from grown men however, it does seem to be perpetrated by the media.

What are the cliquey songs you heard? Surely all football songs, club or country, are by their very nature "cliquey".

Once we got home I bought that durge....jesus!! Seemed good at the time though :greengrin

EdinMike
10-09-2012, 11:22 AM

Sums up everything really.

givescotlandfreedom
10-09-2012, 11:25 AM

I agree with you too that there are idiots among all supports including Hibs'. Songs coming to mind were songs about groups of lads with no football connotations. One example is:
'[insert name here] is the captain of our ship, of our ship
[insert name here] is the captain of our ship, of our ship
If the ship had an anchor [instert name here] is a w*****
[insert name here] is the captain of our ship

I don't want to even get started on the song 'the wallpaper sticks to the wall'

I found all of that a bit strange and unfunny.

Chuck Rhoades
10-09-2012, 11:28 AM
While they're getting bashed, a bunch of numpty scotland fans unfortunately booked into the same travelodge as I had last night on Paisley road. Obviously at game then night out. Came smashing back into the hotel about 3am, shouting bawling, stamping about their rooms. Woke up half the hotel I would imagine. Bawbags. Actually think they were hibs fans or had hibs fans in their party.

Not really a gripe against the tartan army. Just thought I'd share an experience of people being bawbags who were at the scotland game.

FFS - this happens at most travelodges, whether it be a stag/hen party, group of pals and the TA.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-09-2012, 11:48 AM
I don't want to even get started on the song 'the wallpaper sticks to the wall'

I found all of that a bit strange and unfunny.

I've got to admit that song gets on my bosoms too!

WheresTheBevvy?
10-09-2012, 11:55 AM
the boy who starts that wallpaper song is a hibee as well, hell of a nice guy when sober and when pished hes just nuts.

also whats wore? Wallpaper song or singing the wallace mercersong away in Aberdeen, inverness or st.mirren....

The Harp Awakes
10-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Been away with Scotland plenty of times over the years and heading to Cardiff in October.

Always had good experiences. Can't remember seeing any bother and we are made welcome the world over due to the Tartan Army's good reputation.

I've read through some of the posts on this thread which are critical of the Tartan Army. I think it's telling that the criticism is mostly about singing, wearing daft hats, kilts, etc. Few accounts of thuggish, violent, or racist behaviour then - sounds like a positive to me:aok:

Phil MaGlass
10-09-2012, 11:59 AM

yir no wrong, also why do they think the TA is full of middle aged men???
Simple, the middle aged have clued up, the fare of the SPL and lower divisions is absolutely ****ing dire, the atmosphere is ****ing dire and many Scotland supporters go to Scotland home and away to have a break from it, meet up with old mates or meet up with supporters of other clubs (including sellik and buns) have a good time a sing song get generally bevvied and wether we get thumped or not we can still have a guid time. Mibbe once you hit your thirties you too will see the light.
Of course there are numpties in the TA but give me the numpties in the TA over the complete total dickheads in the Hibs support any day, spewing bile and hatred at their own ****ing players, get a grip FFS.
Oh aye, I recently gave up my membership of the Travel Club due to Leveins incompetence, I will, however, hopefully be renewing in the near future, probably because after wednesday, we will have been thoroughly humiliated by Macedonia and the SFA growing a pair(way too late) and dumping the scrote that is Levein.

clerriehibs
10-09-2012, 12:11 PM
yir no wrong, also why do they think the TA is full of middle aged men???
Simple, the middle aged have clued up, the fare of the SPL and lower divisions is absolutely ****ing dire, the atmosphere is ****ing dire and many Scotland supporters go to Scotland home and away to have a break from it, meet up with old mates or meet up with supporters of other clubs (including sellik and buns) have a good time a sing song get generally bevvied and wether we get thumped or not we can still have a guid time. Mibbe once you hit your thirties you too will see the light.
Of course there are numpties in the TA but give me the numpties in the TA over the complete total dickheads in the Hibs support any day, spewing bile and hatred at their own ****ing players, get a grip FFS.
Oh aye, I recently gave up my membership of the Travel Club due to Leveins incompetence, I will, however, hopefully be renewing in the near future, probably because after wednesday, we will have been thoroughly humiliated by Macedonia and the SFA growing a pair(way too late) and dumping the scrote that is Levein.

have to agree with the whole sentiment of this post. Scotland fans are generally out to have a good time without creating a sense of fear in anyone else whatsoever. What business is it of anybody's to disapprove or disparage that? What they do doesn't float your boat? Well, stop standing on the sidelins girning about it, and just go and do whatever you do for self-entertainment.

givescotlandfreedom
10-09-2012, 12:19 PM
the boy who starts that wallpaper song is a hibee as well, hell of a nice guy when sober and when pished hes just nuts.

also whats wore? Wallpaper song or singing the wallace mercersong away in Aberdeen, inverness or st.mirren....

Fair enough I just find it a bit cliquey and unfunny. To think that doesn't mean I have to like and justify the Mercer song.

WheresTheBevvy?
10-09-2012, 12:25 PM
all im saying is what would you rather have one drunk man singing that and getting a few laughs or 20-30 under 25's singing about a Mercer when we arent even playing hearts

Pretty Boy
10-09-2012, 12:41 PM
all im saying is what would you rather have one drunk man singing that and getting a few laughs or 20-30 under 25's singing about a Mercer when we arent even playing hearts

This is becoming a common theme on this thread, if you criticise the TA then you must be condoning inappropriate behaviour in Hibs supporters.

I'd rather we didn't sing the Mercer song when we play ICT but that doesn't mean I like the wallpaper song. They're both pish and I'd rather neither were sung.

givescotlandfreedom
10-09-2012, 12:45 PM

Well it's not really just a choice between the two is it? The Mercer debate has been done to death on here and I've expressed an opinion on that and this thread is about the Tartan Army and IMO the nature of such songs isn't very funny and dare I say irritating. Doh a dear, We hate Jimmy Hill and other child like songs don't do much for me either. Surely, to have that opinion I don't have to choose which song I prefer/dislike the least between Hibs and Scotland supporters.

iwasthere1972
10-09-2012, 12:47 PM

You could always travel with them and let them know your views in person. These guys spend a lot of money travelling all over supporting an average team and I for one congratulate them for that.

Your post is plain stupid. Of course your son would enjoy watching Hibs over Scotland. It was a drab 0-0 draw.

Was at the match and thought the atmosphere was okay considering there wasn't much to sing about.

Frazerbob
10-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Well it's not really just a choice between the two is it? The Mercer debate has been done to death on here and I've expressed an opinion on that and this thread is about the Tartan Army and IMO the nature of such songs isn't very funny and dare I say irritating. Doh a dear, We hate Jimmy Hill and other child like songs don't do much for me either. Surely, to have that opinion I don't have to choose which song I prefer/dislike the least between Hibs and Scotland supporters.

Come on man, that particular song hasn't been sung in at least a decade. Jesus wept! :brickwall

givescotlandfreedom
10-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Come on man, that particular song hasn't been sung in at least a decade. Jesus wept! :brickwall

Seriously? I've seen merchandise and everything with it on it outside Hampden!

sambajustice
10-09-2012, 01:14 PM
FFS - this happens at most travelodges, whether it be a stag/hen party, group of pals and the TA.

Still bawbags.

Golden Bear
10-09-2012, 03:41 PM
For us guys that love to support both our Country and our Club, this thread has been an embarrassment from start to finish.

Postman
10-09-2012, 04:12 PM
For us guys that love to support both our Country and our Club, this thread has been an embarrassment from start to finish.

I totally agree and can't believe some of the views i have read on here!

silverhibee
10-09-2012, 04:41 PM

You will have to tell us about the wallpaper song first before we decide. And is it only sung at home games or away games too. :aok:

givescotlandfreedom
10-09-2012, 04:46 PM
You will have to tell us about the wallpaper song first before we decide. And is it only sung at home games or away games too. :aok:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v0We1XwcZ8

NAE NOOKIE
10-09-2012, 04:58 PM

:top marks

Keith_M
10-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Aye, its not a compulsory uniform for anybody, some folk will get involved with all, some or none of the things listed, so, as far as I'm concerned its generalizing where its not really called for. I come under the none category, so, its pish as far as I'm concerned.

So basically you replied to my comment without reading it through, because nowhere did I say that ALL Scotland fans dress like that. Fair enough, maybe you'll think before posting next time :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-09-2012, 05:20 PM
So basically you replied to my comment without reading it through, because nowhere did I say that ALL Scotland fans dress like that. Fair enough, maybe you'll think before posting next time :wink:

You said it was compulsory uniform for the official association known as The Tartan Army, I don't think an official association of that name exists, the closest you'll get is the TAMB, It doesn't have a compulsory uniform though.

Oh aye, and you can ram your winking smiley at the end of your post.

Postman
10-09-2012, 06:12 PM

You did however say that it was compulsory for a section which is absolute nonsense so maybe you should think before you post if you're not going to post facts!!

WheresTheBevvy?
10-09-2012, 06:35 PM
have to say i am embarrassed to be a hibs fan after reading some of the comments on this topic.

the OP has not only shamed hibs fans who do and dont go to games but has made a full of him self. maybe you should think before posing somthing unless you enjoy embarrassing youre self if so i hate to see you in the pub on a friday or saturday night.

Baldy Foghorn
10-09-2012, 07:09 PM
have to say i am embarrassed to be a hibs fan after reading some of the comments on this topic.

the OP has not only shamed hibs fans who do and dont go to games but has made a full of him self. maybe you should think before posing somthing unless you enjoy embarrassing youre self if so i hate to see you in the pub on a friday or saturday night.

Eh??? Why are you embarrassed to be a Hibs fan.....And I don't feel shamed, why should I?? It has NOTHING to do with HIBS, some posters have made there point rightly or wrongly.....

markom127
10-09-2012, 07:12 PM
its threads like this that remind me why i'm never on .net

nonshinyfinish
10-09-2012, 07:19 PM

Sorry, I didn't catch that. Speak up please.

Elephant Stone
10-09-2012, 07:23 PM

I couldn't really care less about the national team but it's the same for me, can't believe some of the things i've read.

Cracking thread title though.

Pretty Boy
10-09-2012, 07:36 PM

Bye then.

Glory Lurker
10-09-2012, 07:58 PM
What a stramash this thread is, as a great man might say! I'm not a great fan of the glengarrys, the feathers, or the prince charlie jackets but feel as much as part of a crowd at Hampden as I do at ER. One thing they have to change though - ditch that "doe a dear" nonsense. I can't believe it spurs the team on and definitely won't intimidate the opposition. In fact we need a few new, good songs at Hampden, or maybe just a compulsory "get intae them" for at least an hour a game.

WeeRussell
10-09-2012, 08:37 PM
It's really not that difficult - Hibs, Hearts, Old Firm and every other team in Scotland have ar*eholes/clowns/people we don't agree with in their crowds. Therefore it stands to reason that Scotland as a football side will have its fair share of these people too.

But when did it become cool/big not to support your national side? I am not ashamed in the slightest to admit that if pushed I have always been and always will be country before club. However I would agree with a few that there shouldn't really be a question here.. two totally different things! Regardless of your feelings on this though I find it astounding how many on here have so many problems with those who do like to follow the national side.

I don't recall being annoyed at many fans during my times at Scotland games.. what gets to me more are the groups of Glaswegians (and surrounding area folks) walking around in Celtic and Rangers tops totally unaware of the game that day and looking at you in your Scotland top as if to say 'what right have you to be here?' - I thought this attitude was just a weegie thing.. now starting to wonder :confused:

I have to admit (like many others) Levein has really hurt my passion for it lately however - least excited I've been for a campaign that I can remember. Traditionally a very optimistic Scotland fan but even I could not see how we were going to gather enough points to challenge for a qualification spot this time round.

Craig Levein reckoned we could win every game in this group... would help if he wanted to try and win every game.

TowerHibs
10-09-2012, 09:00 PM
It's really not that difficult - Hibs, Hearts, Old Firm and every other team in Scotland have ar*eholes/clowns/people we don't agree with in their crowds. Therefore it stands to reason that Scotland as a football side will have its fair share of these people too.

But when did it become cool/big not to support your national side? I am not ashamed in the slightest to admit that if pushed I have always been and always will be country before club. However I would agree with a few that there shouldn't really be a question here.. two totally different things! Regardless of your feelings on this though I find it astounding how many on here have so many problems with those who do like to follow the national side.

I don't recall being annoyed at many fans during my times at Scotland games.. what gets to me more are the groups of Glaswegians (and surrounding area folks) walking around in Celtic and Rangers tops totally unaware of the game that day and looking at you in your Scotland top as if to say 'what right have you to be here?' - I thought this attitude was just a weegie thing.. now starting to wonder :confused:

I have to admit (like many others) Levein has really hurt my passion for it lately however - least excited I've been for a campaign that I can remember. Traditionally a very optimistic Scotland fan but even I could not see how we were going to gather enough points to challenge for a qualification spot this time round.

Craig Levein reckoned we could win every game in this group... would help if he wanted to try and win every game.

Agree 100%

Cabbage East
10-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Fartin Army? Dear god. Do you also use Smelltic and ***********? Cringeworthy pish.

seanraff07
10-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Pathetic thread.

Saturday was my first ever Scotland game at Hampden... I was wearing a kilt and singing all day (on the train and at the game), does this make me a cringe-worthy tosser?

dalmeny62
10-09-2012, 10:48 PM
For anyone who's never been to a national game, do so and make up your own mind. Google 'Tartan Army Paris March 2007' and that should get you up for it ;)

Folk who complain about the fans/atmosphere etc should ask the Bari TA and the German TA why they prefer to support Scotland. We should appreciate what we've got and enjoy it (in my humble opinion).

Anyone wanting their name down on the bus to Rio just PM me. Leaves from the top of Sunnyside, August 2013 sharp ;)

Cheers, Shep (ERTA)

Cocaine&Caviar
10-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Pathetic thread.

Saturday was my first ever Scotland game at Hampden... I was wearing a kilt and singing all day (on the train and at the game), does this make me a cringe-worthy tosser?

For me, yes.

hibee_nation
10-09-2012, 11:01 PM
For me, yes.

For me you're the tosser.

SteveHFC
10-09-2012, 11:04 PM
For me, yes.

I was at the game on saturday. i was wearing my scotland top.

Are my a tosser?

Cocaine&Caviar
10-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Maybe not a Tosser, but cringe-worthy if your over 17.

SteveHFC
10-09-2012, 11:10 PM

Well can i say that you're the tosser!

Jonnyboy
10-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Pathetic thread.

For anyone who's never been to a national game, do so and make up your own mind. Google 'Tartan Army Paris March 2007' and that should get you up for it ;)

Folk who complain about the fans/atmosphere etc should ask the Bari TA and the German TA why they prefer to support Scotland. We should appreciate what we've got and enjoy it (in my humble opinion).

Anyone wanting their name down on the bus to Rio just PM me. Leaves from the top of Sunnyside, August 2013 sharp ;)

Cheers, Shep (ERTA)

For me, yes.

For me you're the tosser.

I was at the game on saturday. i was wearing my scotland top.

Are my a tosser?

Well can i say that you're the tosser!

Friendly suggestion that you cool your jets folks or the only tossing going on might involve you being shown the door.

Why not just agree to disagree?

BroxburnHibee
10-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Threads going nowhere apart from childish name calling.