PDA

View Full Version : Barnet FC (Stephens and Stack)

PatHead
08-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Notice Barnet got beaten by the mighty Gillingham 3=1 at home. Both Stack and Stephens were playing.

SMAXXA
08-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Notice Barnet got beaten by the mighty Gillingham 3=1 at home. Both Stack and Stephens were playing.

Personally dinne care and dont really wana see threads like this referencing to players that have left us. Not having a go mate by any means just want to let slepping dogs lie.

PatHead
08-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Stack coming in for criticism on their fans site

2 Goals were his fault he did not move off his line. 2nd goal 2 yards, 3 goal 6 yards, he should have cleared everybody, attackers, defenders you don't give a penalty away b y doing this Ray Clemence would have sack him tonight he is a waste of space and money.

and

my complaint would be that he never came for anything , which is why they had so much free space, and he was stationary for the goals , and even with ball across the box even if he did chase them he looked like he wasn't going to get there. I was disappointed - he looks the business and then didn't delivr.

CallumLaidlaw
08-09-2012, 09:41 PM
To be fair, it was top versus bottom. I imagine stack and Stephens will improve the barnet team. But not THAT much

PatHead
08-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Just seen the goals on Sky and think they are being a bit harsh on Stack.

Another comment from their fanzine re both Stack and Stephens.

I think that was the flat out worst performance I've ever seen from a Barnet side today. Every player on the pitch looked Ryman League standard aside from Stephens. The attempts at defending set pieces were frankly laughable. Saville and Kamdjo got muscled off the ball every time a Gilllingham player got near them, despite both being 6 foot plus.

Stack I thought was also pathetic. No communication with his defence, terrible positioning.

nonshinyfinish
08-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Can't really understand why it's not enough for people to rip players while they're at Hibs, they have to keep sticking the boot in after they've gone. Don't know if people are trying to prove themselves right or what, but it's pretty poor form.

Leitherhibs
08-09-2012, 10:52 PM
As far as im concerned graham stack is a hibs cult hero, gave it his all and loved this city and club and dont think its fair that people have a go at him or try to engineer threads to slate him. Top bloke and decent keeper.
As for Stephens he tried but wasnt good enough but still better than some of the wage thiefs who have passed through our doors in recent years.

gogs_t
08-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Can't really understand why it's not enough for people to rip players while they're at Hibs, they have to keep sticking the boot in after they've gone. Don't know if people are trying to prove themselves right or what, but it's pretty poor form.

Totally agree.

These guys wore the colours and gave their best - and it comes down to individual opinions whether it was good enough - but generally, the first result they'll look for is the Hibs. If some of them read these pages, I wonder why :confused:

calumb
08-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Totally agree.

These guys wore the colours and gave their best - and it comes down to individual opinions whether it was good enough - but generally, the first result they'll look for is the Hibs. If some of them read these pages, I wonder why :confused:

I think it debatable whether some of the recently departed players really gave there best for Hibs, and if as reported on here that stack was tweeting about the clubs treatment of galbraith then it appears he's not let go yet and is happy to put the boot into the club that paid him for 3 years despite being injured for what seemed like half the time.

since90plustwo
09-09-2012, 12:03 AM
Stack could never be faulted for commitment and effort, no idea why people continue to have a go at him. Hope he proves us all wrong, great guy and a good servant to our club. People tend to forget the amount of times he saved our bacon but Its easier to criticise and remember him for his mistakes. Actually thought Stack was a decent keeper for us, made a few howlers but who hasnt.

CallumLaidlaw
09-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Hope stack does well
always tried his best. Changed his religion on Facebook recently to "Hibernian"

steakbake
09-09-2012, 12:27 AM

Just watched the highlights. Don't get why Stack is the fall guy. Not much he could have done with all 3 goals. The men in front of him were a shambles.

Hibercelona
09-09-2012, 01:23 AM
Stack isn't any less of a goalkeeper than Williams.

Makes a few mistakes, but tough guy who is always fully committed.

I liked Stack and thought he was a solid SPL goalkeeper for us.

silverhibee
09-09-2012, 01:48 AM
Still keeps in touch with a lot of the Hibs players he played football with at Hibs.

Nice guy, sure if he gets the chance he will be up to watch us play sometime in the future.

Good luck to him.

Future17
09-09-2012, 05:18 AM

To be fair to the OP, that's not what he has done on this occasion.

HibbyAndy
09-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Still keeps in touch with a lot of the Hibs players he played football with at Hibs.

Nice guy, sure if he gets the chance he will be up to watch us play sometime in the future.

Good luck to him.

Snap.

IndieHibby
09-09-2012, 08:18 AM
Really like Stack - not our best keeper, but not our worst either. Always commited to the team and would put himself on the line for us (no pun intended).

Got to respect that.

Good luck to him.

nonshinyfinish
09-09-2012, 09:07 AM
To be fair to the OP, that's not what he has done on this occasion.

Fair enough, but I can't see the need to start a thread pointing out that other team's fans are ripping our former players. Why not just leave it?

Leitherhibs
09-09-2012, 09:25 AM

Good luck to him.

he said on facebook a little while ago he plans to move his family to edinburgh once his playing career is over, saying he loved the city and thought it was a great environment for kids etc.

Spike Mandela
09-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Think their criticism's are fair enough. He doesn't come of his line, we all know that and it was well slagged off when he first came to us.

Over time though we came to recognise his other skills, his shot stopping, his organisation and the confidence he gave the back four.

He will win the Barnet fans over, he's a strong character.

PatHead
09-09-2012, 05:14 PM

Didn't set the thread up to have a go at Stack. My English team is Gillingham and saw the details about the game. Taking an interest in the ex-Hibs players I had a look at their website and reported what I saw. (Stack not coming off his line and Stephens doing well) I later reported that I had seen the goals and thought they were harsh on Stack.

Whilst Stack was with us I never criticised him so you are being very unfair on accusing me of slagging off current or ex-Hibs players.

nonshinyfinish
09-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Didn't set the thread up to have a go at Stack. My English team is Gillingham and saw the details about the game. Taking an interest in the ex-Hibs players I had a look at their website and reported what I saw. (Stack not coming off his line and Stephens doing well) I later reported that I had seen the goals and thought they were harsh on Stack.

Whilst Stack was with us I never criticised him so you are being very unfair on accusing me of slagging off current or ex-Hibs players.

Ah, ok. I interpreted the 'mighty Gillingham' bit as implying that Stack/Stephens had lost to a crap team. Apologies.

PatHead
09-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Ah, ok. I interpreted the 'mighty Gillingham' bit as implying that Stack/Stephens had lost to a crap team. Apologies.

Thanks. Top of the league no less under a great manager, Martin Allen but with real money problems and the worst Chairman going. Locked out their Council owned training facility for not paying rent during the close season.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Got a soft spot for Barnet. Seen them a few times at home, initially because the ground is one of the most easiest to find from a tube station. Stephens should have been out on loan at that level last season, as it likely that in a lot of games the ball will be dropping to him with ice on it, and he could have re-learned the basics in real game time.