PDA

View Full Version : NHC Andy Murray

whiskyhibby
08-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Well done Andy through to the US open final !!

nonshinyfinish
08-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Fairly bizarre match, both players battling against a ridiculous wind, but Murray did what was needed and has earned his shot at (presumably) Djokovic. Nice work.

heretoday
08-09-2012, 08:38 PM
I dunno how he managed to get through that fourth set but he did it. The commentators had him down and out. I wish there was a button to delete commentary.

--------
08-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Now Lendl has to work the magic one more time ...

Pretty Boy
08-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Thought Murray was struggling with his temperament in the conditions early on but he knuckled down and got the job done. Seems to be maturing all the time.

scoopyboy
08-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Great stat on Sky, no player has ever lost their first five Grand Slam finals.

No pressure Andy.:greengrin

TornadoHibby
08-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Good luck in the final Andy, you deserve a decent share of luck!

But.........most of all believe that you can win and your talent, ability and fitness will do the rest to achieve that US Open title!

First such title of many for you too IMO!

RoYO!
08-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Now Lendl has to work the magic one more time ...

Murray may have to play a bit too... :)

DarrenSQH
08-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Ferrer 5-1 up in first set of the second semi.

Murray Ferrer final would be good.

DarrenSQH
08-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Other semi postponed at 5-2 Ferrer due to tornado warning.

Twiglet
08-09-2012, 09:13 PM
If Murray can go into the match with the same attitude as he did in the Olympic final he really could do it. In the Olympics he was so relaxed going into matches and that, IMO, helped him beat Djokovic (albeit in a best of 3, not 5) and Federer.
Some people will say that Nadal not being there and Federer going out would make it an easy one to get, but the quality in mens tennis is so good just now that it would be doing a great disservice to the players Murray beat on the way to the final. Yes, Djoko, Fed and Nadal are the best out there, but the other player on the tour can pull out some great matches.

Praying he does it tomorrow and finally get that title he so longs for.

juniorhibbee
08-09-2012, 09:21 PM
C'mon andy this is your time!

PatHead
08-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Final postponed until Monday

Pretty Boy
08-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Final postponed until Monday

Baws, I was planning on going to the under 20s game on Monday night.

Decisions decisions.

Sir David Gray
08-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Baws, I was planning on going to the under 20s game on Monday night.

Decisions decisions.

You could probably do both to be honest.

I see from the website that the kick off is 7pm, which should mean it finishes about 8:45pm. By the time they have the warm up etc, the final is unlikely to start much before 9:15pm so if you went to the football, you would probably be home by the time the second set starts.

HibbyAndy
09-09-2012, 10:47 AM
What time does Ferrer/Djokovic match resume?.. Nowt on the tv guide.

Edit :Found it, 4pm.

BTW Murray replaces Nadal as number 3 in the world :aok:..So will meet Federer in future semi finals at the big tournaments as opposed to Djokovic.

greenlex
09-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Thought Murray was struggling with his temperament in the conditions early on but he knuckled down and got the job done. Seems to be maturing all the time.
There were a few things that went against him in the match that really rattled him. He did well to come through it to be honest.
There were a couple of "let2 decisions due to wind situations that were real kicks in the baws at crucial times. Bordych got luck with a ball that hit the net and sniveled over to give him the game at 3-1 Murray in the 4th set. Made the difference between 4-1 Murray and back on serve. Id have been kicking anything that moved after that.

HibsMax
10-09-2012, 02:46 PM
i dunno how he managed to get through that fourth set but he did it. The commentators had him down and out. I wish there was a button to delete commentary.

mute?

Pretty Boy
10-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Just lumped £40 on Murray.

He seems bang in form at the moment so hopefully get a tidy return.

PatHead
10-09-2012, 03:10 PM

Wish I felt that confident. Hope you are correct.

JimBHibees
10-09-2012, 03:11 PM

I think it is an even game with Djokovic possibly the slight favourite as he looked very good in his semi yesterday. To me the influence of Lendl has been a major plus for Andy and he is more focussed in the bigger games and able to perform at that level. He is IMO much nearer to winning a Grand slam than he ever has before and just hope he buries the bogey tonight. Should be a cracking game just wish it was a wee bit earlier as work will be fun tomorrow if it goes to 5 sets. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-09-2012, 03:51 PM

Murray was just under 5/2 when I checked Betfair earlier this afternoon, they also have prices for the Hibs U20 game, but, the prices are a nonsense, I think its just somebody trying to make money from folk that don't know how to work the website!

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-09-2012, 03:56 PM
2.15/1 on Betfair now.

Sir David Gray
10-09-2012, 04:39 PM
If I was a gambler, I would be putting a few pounds on Murray tonight.

Just got a sneaky feeling about him tonight and I think this is finally his time. :pray:

I don't bet though so I'll just leave it up to others to take my advice!

Good luck Andy! :aok:

After the success of the Olympics and Paralympics this summer, this would be the icing on the cake for British sport and if he wins tonight, I would hope that Hibs would invite him along to Easter Road over the next few months to parade his Olympic gold medal and US Open trophy before a match. :agree:

He's probably only got about another two events to play in between now and the World Tour Finals in London at the start of November so hopefully he would be able to fit in a wee appearance at some point.

johnbc70
10-09-2012, 05:07 PM
£10 on Murray to win 3 sets to 0 at 9-1. Just think if he is going to win he will win in style. Hope someone has a Hibs flag in the crowd so he can drape it around him as he goes to collect the trophy and the small matter of the $1,900,000 winners cheque.

Wembley67
10-09-2012, 05:10 PM
I take it there will be plenty of the normal dodgy sites streaming this?