PDA

View Full Version : Goals

archiebald
08-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Oh how Scotland need Steven Fletcher :agree:

Tricla
08-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Not as much as we need potter emptied. Complete twonk.

mikethehibee69
08-09-2012, 04:50 PM
:top marks
Not as much as we need potter emptied. Complete twonk.

Spike Mandela
08-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Kenny Miller has been a great servant for Scotland but surely the days of playing Miller up front on his own are over. Two up front for Scotland with Miller to bring on for final 20 mins would be a better option imo.

Hibercelona
08-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Kenny Miller has been a great servant for Scotland but surely the days of playing Miller up front on his own are over. Two up front for Scotland with Miller to bring on for final 20 mins would be a better option imo.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Not while this clown still lingers.

Just Alf
08-09-2012, 05:14 PM

Totally agree, the way we play just now basically means we'll score if we're lucky ...... Otherwise we won't ...... Bit like today I guess.... Oh well

hibIBZ
08-09-2012, 05:15 PM
miller just doesnt have the energy to run for 90 mins on his own up front, plus rhodes has got 47 goals in his last 46 games, a record kenny miller or any other scotland forward can't match. however service has to be significantly better. dont know if charlie adam was out of position or what,but couldn't see what he was trying to do

sbell1875
08-09-2012, 05:16 PM
If ever I've seen a formation and line up purely to avoid defeat it was today.

Levein will take Scotland completely nowhere.

ancient hibee
08-09-2012, 05:31 PM
You don't win international matches if you put out a team with no pace.

Famous5forever
08-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Oh how Scotland need Steven Fletcher :agree:

did he not fall out with Potter ? cant see him returning till potter is emptied

whiskyhibby
08-09-2012, 05:51 PM
16 goals for Scotland in 61 games is a decent record but his best days are a distant memory and he should not be our main striker IMHO

whiskyhibby
08-09-2012, 05:53 PM
If Scotland don't win by a few goals on Tuesday then Levein might as well play the U21 team to give them some experience.......

pontius pilate
08-09-2012, 05:55 PM
I didn't get why Caldwell was played as a holding midfielder when Adam was coming back to get the ball? In my view at around 60 mins a defender should've been hooked Caldwell slotted into the back 4 Adam back in midfield and 2 up from if Naismith and Rhodes

Alex Trager
08-09-2012, 05:59 PM
It was just brutal to watch. Far too defensive against, from what I seen a very average at best side, at home. Just pish. Four five one at home. What is that about?

Pretty Boy
08-09-2012, 06:26 PM
I feel a bit sorry for Kenny Miller. Never been the best finisher but the guy runs his heart out and never gives less than 100%. Would be a real shame if he ended up as a boo boy.

However Levein has to make the decision for Miller and stop picking him. It's unsustainable to have him travelling from Vancouver every couple of months and we need fresh legs and new faces. Levein should swallow his pride and get on the blower to Fletcher. Yes, it would be a massive climb down but I'm sure not one Scotland fan would complain if Fletcher got the goals to take us to Rio. If he didn't theb Levein can give it the I told you so.

heretoday
08-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Get Jimmy Calderwood in now. We need a broad backside in the hot seat! And a big fella called Fletch up front.

Saorsa
08-09-2012, 08:56 PM

Levein will take Scotland completely nowhere.He'll take us somewhere awrite, backwards, completely and utterly oot o' his depth, ****in' useless prick.

**** off potter

IndieHibby
09-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Scotland can't afford not to win when we should. Today was one of those days.

How many wee boys (and girls :wink:) are forming their love for watching Scottish football by watching us avoiding victory like that?

Potter should go for 2 reasons (that I can think of at the moment):

1. His negative football is brain-numblingly tedious.

2. Fletcher could then play.

Simples.

HibsAzzurri1875
09-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Scotland can't afford not to win when we should. Today was one of those days.

How many wee boys (and girls :wink:) are forming their love for watching Scottish football by watching us avoiding victory like that?

Potter should go for 2 reasons (that I can think of at the moment):

1. His negative football is brain-numblingly tedious.

2. Fletcher could then play.

Simples.

The tragedy is that there is the makings of a not bad side there-however with that fud in charge and his stubborn refusal to play our best striker means 4th at best in this group.

bobbyhibs1983
09-09-2012, 09:28 AM

Levein will take Scotland completely nowhere.

spot on imo:thumbsup:

Thats the problem with us i feel.I think that our manager would rather take a draw than lose, in the case of having a go to win and lose sernario.

How many people would have taken a defeat if we had a right proper go?

As another poster has said i said to my dad we are like hibs we have no pace.There were moments in the game where we were in and around there box and instead of taking a man on, we looked for a pass,it was passed, pass,pass and then it was back to OUR keeper.

I also noticed we seemed scared to shoot, There were 4-5 chances to shoot and we duffed it up.I think one instance it was naismith(could be wrong) or was on in goal and tried to hit it with his right foor instead of having a go with his left.I know people are right/left footed but from 10 yards i would have felted he would have hit the target with his left.

cad
09-09-2012, 09:38 AM
The tragedy is that there is the makings of a not bad side there-however with that fud in charge and his stubborn refusal to play our best striker means 4th at best in this group.

No a bad side with Adam, Caldwell,Webster and Berra ,and that prick Hutton your on drugs mate , Adam isnt up to it final balls and free kicks are ***** , ,Caldwells still launching it 60 yards to nobody, Webster needs mirrors to see whats happening around him his positional sense is shocking him and Berra get dragged all over the place ,plus Berra couldnae clear a plate o mince and tatties ,Huttons showboating yesterday nearly cost us 2 goals , Snodgrass runs about in circles Morrison couldnae pass water .Millers been a great servant to Scotland worked his nads of ,hes blowing out his bum at 65/70 mins ,Rhodes gets 9 mins ,Houston, Potters Pal instead of telling him hes making a James of it says heehaw , you know what the real downer is
Adam, Caldwell, Berra ,Webster , Hutton , Snodgrass ,Morrison are automatic choices theyre the best we have, theyre no going away theyre in their prime now ,theyve got years ahead off them how ****in scary is that .
We have a excellent goalkeeper in McGregor ,but hes a prick of a man ,Dixon, Forrest ,Rhodes and Fletcher are our best by far ,we are in the hands of a complete tosser,whos backed by a board of complete tossers whos entire contribution to Scottish football in the last 20 years is zip,and the Sevco fiasco we have clowns singing Doh A F...n Dear , no a bad side, you need yer bumps felt pal honest tae **** what a load of *****

JimBHibees
09-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Incredible that he kept Miller on for so long especially given how poor he was playing. Rhodes should have been on around the hour mark. 2 points dropped IMO against a very poor Serbian team solely down to the manager being too negative.

LeighLoyal
09-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Incredible that he kept Miller on for so long especially given how poor he was playing. Rhodes should have been on around the hour mark. 2 points dropped IMO against a very poor Serbian team solely down to the manager being too negative.

Agreed.

On Fletcher, if he at least tried to talk to Fletcher and tried to sort out the issue for the sake of the country it would at least mean he'd tried, and if Fletcher publicly rebuffed him then the blame lies with Fletcher. The fact Levein has not done this means he's putting his ego before Scotland's chances of qualification. We need Fletcher to qualify, we don't need Levein to qualify.

JimBHibees
09-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Agreed.

On Fletcher, if he at least tried to talk to Fletcher and tried to sort out the issue for the sake of the country it would at least mean he'd tried, and if Fletcher publicly rebuffed him then the blame lies with Fletcher. The fact Levein has not done this means he's putting his ego before Scotland's chances of qualification. We need Fletcher to qualify, we don't need Levein to qualify.

Completely agree his ego and stubbornness allied to his limited ability IMO means he is completely out of his depth.

LeighLoyal
09-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Completely agree his ego and stubbornness allied to his limited ability IMO means he is completely out of his depth.

If he doesn't beat FYR Macedonia on Tuesday it will be academic anyway. We won't be going to Rio. Which, for me, will be the bitterest pill to swallow since 1998.

jacomo
10-09-2012, 10:24 PM
I feel a bit sorry for Kenny Miller. Never been the best finisher but the guy runs his heart out and never gives less than 100%. Would be a real shame if he ended up as a boo boy.

However Levein has to make the decision for Miller and stop picking him. It's unsustainable to have him travelling from Vancouver every couple of months and we need fresh legs and new faces. Levein should swallow his pride and get on the blower to Fletcher. Yes, it would be a massive climb down but I'm sure not one Scotland fan would complain if Fletcher got the goals to take us to Rio. If he didn't theb Levein can give it the I told you so.

:agree:

His move to Vancouver was the right time to thank Kenny Miller for his contribution and move on.