PDA

View Full Version : Levein is a jakey mess (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

Cabbage East
08-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Tramp.

Hibercelona
08-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Tramp.

A jakey Hearts tramp. :agree:

hibsbollah
08-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Hes a bumgardener.

Pretty Boy
08-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Wouldn't expect anything else from a yam. A national team manager with a weeks growth, a baseball cap and trackies. Embarrassing.

That's actually the one thing that annoys me about Fenlon as well, his dress sense needs work to be truly Hibs class.

Wotherspiniesta
08-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Can he no afford a razor? Hearts fud.

givescotlandfreedom
08-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Wouldn't expect anything else from a yam. A national team manager with a weeks growth, a baseball cap and trackies. Embarrassing.

That's actually the one thing that annoys me about Fenlon as well, his dress sense needs work to be truly Hibs class.

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

Even Lomas in his cheap shiny suit upstaged Fenlon. A dark era in management dress sense.

Baldy Foghorn
08-09-2012, 12:15 PM

I've always wondered why PF wears mouldies on the sidelines.....Must be comfortable for him I guess.....

silverhibee
08-09-2012, 12:17 PM
He is also a deluded tramp if he thinks this will happen.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4527093/Boss-eyes-clean-sweep.html

Hibercelona
08-09-2012, 12:20 PM
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

Even Lomas in his cheap shiny suit upstaged Fenlon. A dark era in management dress sense.

Couldn't care less what Fenlon wears on the touchline, as long as he's doing his job.

The nice suites can remain in the boardroom for all I care.

givescotlandfreedom
08-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Couldn't care less what Fenlon wears on the touchline, as long as he's doing his job.

Imagine how good this would look in a suit ------> :fenlon

You wouldn't see James Bond in trackies.

Wotherspiniesta
08-09-2012, 12:22 PM

Wouldn't be out of place down the park, swigging on a can of Super Tennants.

Baldy Foghorn
08-09-2012, 12:23 PM

I agree, but why have chairs in the technical area?

BigKev
08-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Yawn.... Another Scotland bashing thread. Whatever floats your boat.

Baldy Foghorn
08-09-2012, 12:25 PM

Its a thread pointing out the truth, its called observation.......

Franck Stanton
08-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Don't get what all the hoo-ha is about Harry Potter ---FOR A YAM he is well dressed.

JohnStephens91
08-09-2012, 12:38 PM
I really don't like him, disgusting mess of a man and a manager who is out of his depth. His appearance looks rank for an international manager, I'm sure even the manager of St Kitts and Nevits would have a better shot at looking better than Levein.

Sean1875
08-09-2012, 12:46 PM

I dont see anyone bashing Scotland, I see people people bashing Levein. :aok:

nonshinyfinish
08-09-2012, 12:49 PM
I dont see anyone bashing Scotland, I see people people bashing Levein. :aok:

:agree:

Get a shave FFS.

Sean1875
08-09-2012, 12:50 PM

Get a shave FFS.

Me or Levein? :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
08-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Me or Levein? :greengrin

Both. :grr:

heretoday
08-09-2012, 12:51 PM
What exactly does an international manager do for a living? He's paid a whopping salary for picking a team to play in a handful of games each year. So he gets to attend league matches to check on likely prospects for the squad. And when they get together periodically, he sets out his gameplan to them.

What does he do the rest of the time? Chase his secretary round the desk? That's what Sven used to do.

Mind you he was better dressed than the bearded one.

Hibercelona
08-09-2012, 12:52 PM
I agree, but why have chairs in the technical area?

Its this bloody auto speller, I don't know how to turn it off. :boo hoo:

If you don't buy that one, its because my finger slipped while I was typing. :wink:

nonshinyfinish
08-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Its this bloody auto speller, I don't know how to turn it off. :boo hoo:

So your spell check doesn't know the word 'suit'? Have you installed the Levein dictionary by mistake?

Tricla
08-09-2012, 01:04 PM

C'mon, even the most saltire faced, ginger haired, haggis munching Potter sympathiser can see that he is a tactless goat of a man who looks like he's assembled his attire and conducted his pre match preening routine in a Gorgie public bog.

Stinking plank of an excuse for a man.

fat freddy
08-09-2012, 01:08 PM
the razor dodging parafin lamp should hire a personal dresser and a hygene consultant so that his image reflects his position...due to his fife upbringing he probably thinks he is the epitome of satorial elegance but he looks like he steals his clothes from plastic bags left in the doorways of charity shops...filthy gutter dwelling rodent.

M11BMO
08-09-2012, 01:13 PM

Agreed. That boy Jose Mourinho does not too bad when he's wearing trackys on the touchline.

nonshinyfinish
08-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Agreed. That boy Jose Mourinho does not too bad when he's wearing trackys on the touchline.

Aye, but he suits a bit of stubble, an expensive but battered trenchcoat and generally appearing to have slept in his car. Levein looks like a jakey mess.

HibbyAndy
08-09-2012, 01:44 PM
He's a scruffy mink:agree:

And a Hearts barsteward:agree:

Saorsa
08-09-2012, 02:04 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/potterbf4.gif

DAVE1875
08-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Could've sworn I seen him passed out on a bench in Union Terrace barely holding onto a tin of Super T's the week Hearts were at Pittodrie

EdinMike
08-09-2012, 02:15 PM
And he must be on Meth as well cause he thinks Alan Hutton is a good player !!:grr:

J-C
08-09-2012, 02:26 PM
He's on the sidelines right now with suit and tie on, still needs a bloody good shave though.:confused:

Just Alf
08-09-2012, 02:35 PM
He's on the sidelines right now with suit and tie on, still needs a bloody good shave though.:confused:

Add a mac and he'd look like a flasher!

JohnStephens91
08-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Add a mac and he'd look like a flasher!

He looks a bit like Uncle Fester from the PBS and also the flasher from Observe and Report

Chris.igoe
08-09-2012, 02:50 PM
At home and playing 1 up top why

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2012, 02:53 PM
The answer is in your title.

Col2
It's the only way he knows how to play.

He won't change it until late and we hope fr a set piece goal.

Northernhibee
Feel the need to add this wee pointless anecdote. When I was at Uni I worked at a fast food restaurant to pay my way through my studies and get beer money. Levein was Dundee United manager at the time and would come through every so often when heading to training in the morning, and would have a sausage and egg muffin and a latte.

So the moral of the story; Latte? What a pretentious yam loving arse.

Hiber-nation
08-09-2012, 02:55 PM
He will never play 2 up front and it hopefully will be his downfall.

Mark79
08-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Wtf is with the blind man specs? Must think he is "the man". Trampy yam.

steakbake
08-09-2012, 02:58 PM
We sorely need a CF plus striker. Adam should be hooked: he's been pish.

McLeish: "it's too early to make changes". Yep, that's why you're not working.

one day maybe...
08-09-2012, 02:59 PM
He will never play 2 up front and it hopefully will be his downfall.

Please be true. but it will be at the nations expense again.

Northernhibee
08-09-2012, 03:05 PM
I reckon the SFA called him in and said "Craig, you can't not play a striker. It's embarrasing" and he had a wee girly strop and went "Fine, but it'll be a past it one".

DAVE1875
08-09-2012, 03:11 PM

Would be happy if McLeish was still the manager, least he didn't get players not wanting to play for him and actually fielded half decent sides

J-C
08-09-2012, 03:16 PM

Ahem Fletcher ( cough cough, hint hint )

Spike Mandela
08-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Jakey Mess? Is that like Scotland's version of Eton Mess.:wink:

Anyone suggest the recipe?:cb

SMAXXA
08-09-2012, 03:20 PM
We are so devoid of creativity it is unreal, its the same old scotland tried and tested and let downs. Why arnt we giving your russells, griffiths, forrest, allans etc a chance, get some fresh blood in there. I'd much rather see templeton running at a defender than charlie adam twisting and turning into nowhere.

This is exactly why I have no time for the national team. We had an opportunity to revolutionalise our national team and yet another bunch of same old *****.

I would be delighted to watch that U21 team play today, take a beating if we must but we would be in a much stronger place in a few years with that experience.

J-C
08-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Jakey Mess? Is that like Scotland's version of Eton Mess.:wink:

Anyone suggest the recipe?:cb

Greggs sausage rolls, Buckie and Methadone. :greengrin

Northernhibee
08-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Would be happy if McLeish was still the manager, least he didn't get players not wanting to play for him and actually fielded half decent sides

This is what ****s me off most about the Fletcher situation.

EDIT: Miller off the pace for an effort that Fletcher would have stuck away. FFS, this jakey tramp has to go.

Spike Mandela
08-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Greggs sausage rolls, Buckie and Methadone. :greengrin

Mmmmmmmmmm, Yum!:greengrin

Judas Iscariot
08-09-2012, 03:35 PM
How bad is Kenny Misser :faf:

Oh aye, Avril looks like a total ****ing tink, typical stinking Hertz ****

darwenhibby
08-09-2012, 03:57 PM
A £14m player youvwint even contact and your a stubborn old git full of your own importance! Gtf potter

Saorsa
08-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Potter will probably be celebrating that as a great result. One up front at hame is pathetic particularly when that one is Kenny nae goals and Scotland's best striker has been frozen out by the petulant jakey tramp.

LeighLoyal
08-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Miller has had his day, Mackie and Rhodes are better surely. Levein...:confused:

Hibrandenburg
08-09-2012, 04:47 PM
I've always wondered why PF wears mouldies on the sidelines.....Must be comfortable for him I guess.....

Remember his nickname! The clue is there.

greenlex
08-09-2012, 04:48 PM
:agree: Yes. Yes he is.

Baldy Foghorn
08-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Remember his nickname! The clue is there.

Nutsy?? I don't follow :confused:

Golden Bear
08-09-2012, 05:05 PM
A £14m player youvwint even contact and your a stubborn old git full of your own importance! Gtf potter

I'm really enjoying the severe panning he's getting on the Traynor phone in. It's worth a listen - at least tonight.

Thecat23
08-09-2012, 05:15 PM
At the end of the day, a Scotland win is like finding white dog poo. Very excited to see it but you very rarely do!

LeighLoyal
08-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Levein should be punted tomorrow and get in Strachan. He is humpty.

fat freddy
08-09-2012, 05:17 PM
the vagrant, doorway dwelling tramp is taking a doing on traynors show..one women even suggested jimmy calderwood as a replacement on the grounds that he has a sense of humour...the fletcher issue is being raised by most callers as is the inability of the tramp to pick anyone other than miller up front.

sbell1875
08-09-2012, 05:20 PM
How do you like a thread like on Facebook?

Holmesdale Hibs
08-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Feel the need to add this wee pointless anecdote. When I was at Uni I worked at a fast food restaurant to pay my way through my studies and get beer money. Levein was Dundee United manager at the time and would come through every so often when heading to training in the morning, and would have a sausage and egg muffin and a latte.

So the moral of the story; Latte? What a pretentious yam loving arse.

I think i worked for the same 'restaurant' when i was a student and I have enjoyed the odd sausage and egg muffin you mentioned.

As for Levein, I can not understand why he waited until the last 10min to put on Jorden Rhodes. A team aspiring to qualify for a world cup needs to show more ambition at home against the 3rd seed team in the group. The second half today was painful. Serbia are ok but nothing more, we should have been a lot more positive. Levein is a cock.

woody47
08-09-2012, 05:23 PM
CL is worse than the wee boy who claims its his ball and no one else plays unl.ess he says so. The guy is a ferking welt of the highest order and I ferking hate the man.
Levein just GTF. You are not wanted ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!

Makaveli
08-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Looking like a tramp seems to have been Latrine's prime objection since taking the job but today he seemed to be trying he best to look like a sex offender to boot.

Between him and McGlynn, those shan glasses are further setting "Hearts men" apart as the classless goblins they are.

sahib
08-09-2012, 06:18 PM
No wonder we get the governments we do, if the superficiality displayed on here is as widespread in the general population.

fat freddy
08-09-2012, 06:27 PM
No wonder we get the governments we do, if the superficiality displayed on here is as widespread in the general population.

dressing like an jakey would not be an issue if he done his job correctly...its his inability to do anything right that makes people highlight his faults, dressing like a tramp being one of them....im sure if he won a few games using the best players available to him we'd all forgive his fashion calamities.

Nuitdelune
08-09-2012, 06:29 PM

It's called having a laugh, I believe, try it sometime

McIntosh
08-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Not up to the job.

Northernhibee
08-09-2012, 06:33 PM

Yep, Levein is a wonderful manager, that's for sure. His looks totally made me overlook that.

We've regressed as a football team under him. We're not seeing young players get any real chance, we're seeing 4-6-0 and seeing one up front at Hampden against teams we should be throwing ourselves at with positivity, we're seeing the best Scottish striker in a generation being frozen out because of a petty feud that the manager is continuing and we're not winning games.

He's awful. Dundee United only won anything after they punted him.

nonshinyfinish
08-09-2012, 06:37 PM

If he was doing a good job then I wouldn't feel any need to point out that he's an embarrassing jakey mess with a disturbing lack of style.

Baldy Foghorn
08-09-2012, 06:40 PM

Not sure I get your point........Cant make the correlation....Although Boris Johnson looks like he has been dragged through a hedge backwards all the time, Wee Eck Salmond is well known for his sartorial elegance with a penchant for Armani suits......

SteveHFC
Levein can **** off

greenginger
Leaving aside the Jakeyness for one second, has anyone heard how Holland under 21's got on against Austria.

Billy Whizz
08-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Leaving aside the Jakeyness for one second, has anyone heard how Holland under 21's got on against Austria.

They won 4-1 and have won the group. We need to win on Monday and hope we get a play off spot

Baldy Foghorn
08-09-2012, 06:44 PM

4-1 Holland

Off the bar
08-09-2012, 06:45 PM
With those glasses all latrine is missing is the white stick and a dug, watched the game in the pub and during the rousing rendition of the anthem people actually stopped and laughed when the camera panned to the jambo did embarrassing when Scotland fans are laughing at the manager, time for change NOW, levein GTF

jdships
08-09-2012, 06:48 PM
"They have weaknesses and we capitalised on the weaknesses up to a certain extent.

"We got into the areas we needed to get into, but we didn't quite manage to force the ball home. A combination of good goalkeeping and maybe being a bit slack in our finishing.

"I look at how we're progressing and we played Czech Republic not so long ago and had nowhere near the amount of chances and I'd say this team were just as good as Czech Republic.

"We had a lot more chances, unfortunately we just didn't take them.

"I know we can play better. We did a lot of good things, but if two or three of our normally more creative players had just found that final pass, we would've been walking away with a win."

WOWEEEEEEEEEEEEE :taxi
What is this man's intelligence levels/IQ ?
That must rank right up there with one of the most pathetic after match comments ever :rolleyes:

I went for ( tongue in cheek) two points from the two games so my bet is halfway there :greengrin

Renfrew_Hibby
08-09-2012, 06:57 PM
hes a predudiced tramp. Hurry up andoff so i can get back to supporting my country

blairwallace
08-09-2012, 07:01 PM
http://www.expressandstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/steven-fletcher.jpg

:fenlon:lolyam::saltireflag

sahib
08-09-2012, 07:01 PM
dressing like an jakey would not be an issue if he done his job correctly...its his inability to do anything right that makes people highlight his faults, dressing like a tramp being one of them....im sure if he won a few games using the best players available to him we'd all forgive his fashion calamities.

That is fair enough. His performance in the job is what counts he may be a prat but the way he looks is his business.

Future17
08-09-2012, 07:05 PM
I agree with him.

The problem is that if you start with one forward and the team doesn't score, the focus is on that forward. With Levein, he's created the Fletcher situation and exacerbated it with his position on Miller over Rhodes.

Based on that, if we don't qualify, he has to go.

hfc rd
08-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Hope Steven fletcher is just sitting at home with his feet up and laughing away on how much a low life our national team manager is.

GTF POTTER!

Spike Mandela
08-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Hope Steven fletcher is just sitting at home with his feet up and laughing away on how much a low life our national team manager is.

GTF POTTER!

Nobody's laughing that this arrogant stubborn man is frittering away another chance to get to a major tournament, Rio as well.:boo hoo::boo hoo:

iHIBS
08-09-2012, 07:18 PM
http://www.expressandstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/steven-fletcher.jpg

:fenlon:lolyam::saltireflag5

The guy is the largest male chicken to walk this earth, proud Scotland fan eta member but I won't watch anything thus erse does!!

PISTOL1875
08-09-2012, 07:20 PM
What about his comment before the game ??

When he asked if he had a target , he said that he doesn't believe in targets ?

FFS , surely the target is to qualify from our group or get a playoff place instead ???

Gala Foxes
08-09-2012, 07:20 PM
guy is a muppet, won no medals as a player and now has a major chip on his shoulder

playing Miller is laughable

Stevo1875
08-09-2012, 07:24 PM
That is fair enough. His performance in the job is what counts he may be a prat but the way he looks is his business.

you disappoint me, i thought you were on the wind up!!!!

so, the chat on here was pretty neutral about the predicted result, many a bit unsure about us getting a win. they had not won many but only conceded 2 goals to some top teams. team on paper looked pretty decent, miller deserved a shot given that he had got important goals for us in the past. looks like the jet lag kicked in as he tried that flick on in the second half!! i'd have subbed earlier but at the end of the day, we looked decent and this was in no way a guaranteed win, they have some decent players.

nonshinyfinish
08-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Avril is a fud.

LeighLoyal
08-09-2012, 07:45 PM
It was a good point... for Serbia! :furious:

hibsbollah
08-09-2012, 07:55 PM
I only read the thread title. Was his after match comment;

'I am a useless yam trophyless fud with no more tactical acumen than a young slug. I'm sorry for my unkempt, unshaven and dishevelled appearance but i slept in a princes street gardens shelter last night with only a lidl bag and a staffordshire terrier on a string for company. I only realised i was playing a major international qualifier this morning when i looked at my crumpled Metro newspaper that i was.using as pish and white cider-encrusted blanket. I apologise unreservedly to the nation for being born at all'.

If not, im not interested.

nonshinyfinish
08-09-2012, 08:02 PM

'I am a useless yam trophyless fud with no more tactical acumen than a young slug. I'm sorry for my unkempt, unshaven and dishevelled appearance but i slept in a princes street gardens shelter last night with only a lidl bag and a staffordshire terrier on a string for company. I only realised i was playing a major international qualifier this morning when i looked at my crumpled Metro newspaper that i was.using as pish and white cider-encrusted blanket. I apologise unreservedly to the nation for being born at all'.

:tee hee:

steakbake
08-09-2012, 08:38 PM
I agree with him.

The problem is that if you start with one forward and the team doesn't score, the focus is on that forward. With Levein, he's created the Fletcher situation and exacerbated it with his position on Miller over Rhodes.

Based on that, if we don't qualify, he has to go.

I see today as points dropped. More points dropped on Tuesday and the guy has to be given his jotters and someone drafted in to polish the turd he's left.

hiBZiNHo
08-09-2012, 08:39 PM
just makes you wonder how many of those 12 corners we had Fletcher might have headed in instead of miller flapping away at the ball, although adams crossing was pretty **** at times too. Lets hope Rhodes starts against macedonia on tuesday or we might be in for a hard game, they gave croatia a tough match away from home..

whiskyhibby
08-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Not sure I get your point........Cant make the correlation....Although Boris Johnson looks like he has been dragged through a hedge backwards all the time, Wee Eck Salmond is well known for his sartorial elegance with a penchant for Armani suits......

I didn't think Armani did XXXXXL..........

heretoday
08-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Memo to Levein: We canny put the ball in the net.

Pretty Boy
08-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Levein isn't a winner. He's a big ****ing Jessie who doesn't take criticism at all well, for a so called hard man (if breaking a team mates nose makes you hard) he is incredibly thin skinned.

No trophies as a player, no trophies as a gaffer. An over rated nobody. Arrogance and stupidity are a dangerous mix and he's got both.

jdships
08-09-2012, 09:00 PM

:agree::top marks
He says 'that he doesn't believe in targets '
Wonder if he believes in 'Fairies' as he is going to need a fairy God Mother to qualify from this group :rolleyes:

nonshinyfinish
08-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Anyone else noticed that Avril's managerial and sartorial failings have brought a pleasing harmony to the .net boards?

greenlex
08-09-2012, 09:03 PM
4-6-0 against the Czechs. Of course we created more chances today. Clueless arse.

--------
08-09-2012, 09:06 PM
4-6-0 against the Czechs. Of course we created more chances today. Clueless arse.

I thought the point of the game was to convert the chances you make by putting the ball in the net ... :rolleyes:

AlbertK86
08-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Bottom line is we need to win all our home games to have a chance of qualifying

Wot does Potter do

One up front against an average side

Levein is just an arrogant contradicting erse

He has drained all the passion I used to have for our national team

Boring self centred man with negative approach to the game

Failure to win ( which is a very real possibility) on Tuesday and he has to go.

His record in qualifiers is dreadful. Lithuania and Lichenstien the only teams he has beaten

See ya Potter

Mon Dieu4
08-09-2012, 11:09 PM
I actually think we have the best squad we have in years, dunno why McArthur wasn't in it, but with this trumpet in charge we will never do anything at all

His pettiness and child like behaviour over Fletch says it all no matter who was at fault

capitals_finest
08-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Have said it before and will say it again he has a paedo look about him. A look well established amongst the marroon contingent.

JimBHibees
09-09-2012, 10:00 AM
"They have weaknesses and we capitalised on the weaknesses up to a certain extent.

"We got into the areas we needed to get into, but we didn't quite manage to force the ball home. A combination of good goalkeeping and maybe being a bit slack in our finishing.

"I look at how we're progressing and we played Czech Republic not so long ago and had nowhere near the amount of chances and I'd say this team were just as good as Czech Republic.
"We had a lot more chances, unfortunately we just didn't take them.

"I know we can play better. We did a lot of good things, but if two or three of our normally more creative players had just found that final pass, we would've been walking away with a win."

WOWEEEEEEEEEEEEE :taxi
What is this man's intelligence levels/IQ ?
That must rank right up there with one of the most pathetic after match comments ever :rolleyes:

I went for ( tongue in cheek) two points from the two games so my bet is halfway there :greengrin

Completely delusional Serbia were very, very average and nowhere near as good as Czech.

jdships
09-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Completely delusional Serbia were very, very average and nowhere near as good as Czech.

Think you are spot on !!!!:agree:
Recorded the high/low lights and have just watched them . Doesn't change a thing I saw when watching live .:greengrin
As you rightly say Serbia were simply a decent workmanlike side who with the right tactics/ personnel could have been beaten by Scotland

When one looks at CL's ' International/ Domestic Managerial Credentials ' the question has to be asked - ' What/where are they ? '
I repeat what I have said before that this has nothing to do with his connections with the PBS : it is simply he is not up to the job .

Unless he changes his way of working just can't see us qualifying from this Group - sad !!!!!

Hibercelona
09-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Anyone else noticed that Avril's managerial and sartorial failings have brought a pleasing harmony to the .net boards?

I think we all agree on something for a change.

There's no arguing the fact that Levein is a messed up jakey in need of a bar of soap and some shaving foam.

Northernhibee
09-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Him and John McGlynn are both utter fud trumpet roasters.

Hibiza
09-09-2012, 02:24 PM
going to be a professional SFA hanger on.

Part/Time Supporter
09-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Levein manages Scotland like he is still managing Hearts or Dundee United.

jdships
09-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Levein manages Scotland like he is still managing Hearts or Dundee United.

Oh yes of course: :greengrinhe was a roaring success then too

Golden Bear
09-09-2012, 04:22 PM
going to be a professional SFA hanger on.

Yip that's the way I see it.

Like or not Potter is going to be around the Scottish football scene in one capacity or another for many years to come.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-09-2012, 04:37 PM

GTF POTTER!

Have a look at the front page of The Sunday Mail, I think he is trying to get into Avril's good books by posing for photos with a bottle of Buckie in his hand. Must be trying to achieve similar jakeyness levels.

hibeeswph
09-09-2012, 05:06 PM
ADMIN SORRY:not worth
i do know people that know fletcher personaly and alot of people on here probably know that he has a girlfriend that is from edinburgh
i have been told in the past that it was nothing sinister in the text to not be considerd for the friendly match and it has become
mountain out of molehill rubbish and the press as usual have been all over it:agree:

PatHead
09-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Balanced article in Scotland on Sunday.

By TOM ENGLISH
Published on Sunday 9 September 2012 00:21
A PIG is a pig. No matter how much lipstick you apply, it is still a pig. In the aftermath of this dispiriting experience at Hampden, Craig Levein had the cosmetics out and attempted to apply them liberally when discussing the significance of the day.
How bad a blow was this to Scotland’s World Cup ambitions? Not a blow at all, he said. “Nothing has changed,” said the Scotland manager. “We should have won, played well enough to win, but didn’t win. I’m not going to get overly excited about it. I take confidence from it. There was enough there to be hugely positive about.”
Enough there, apart from, that is, the goal that would have taken the points to set Scotland on their way while inflicting damage on a team that is sure to be a rival in the final shake-down. Nothing has changed? Nonsense. Sheer unadulterated nonsense.
Of course, a man in Levein’s position cannot throw his arms in the air and get emotional about the failure to win a game that Scotland truly needed to win, but neither can he expect the watching masses to buy his line about nothing having changed, or indeed any of the other pieces of spin he attempted to sell.
At one point Levein was asked about the need now for three points against Macedonia on Tuesday evening, Macedonia having done particularly well away from home against Croatia on Friday before losing 1-0. “Yeah, we need to win that game,” said Levein, before checking himself, “unless we don’t [win] and then win every other game in the group.”
Let’s get statistical here. Levein has been in charge now for nine competitive matches and Scotland have won only three of them, two against Liechtenstein and one against Lithuania. Three wins in nine qualifiers is a record that would have had the hounds of hell yelping at some of his predecessors had they returned such dismal figures, but Levein continues to lead something of a charmed life, forever talking things up and forever failing to deliver on his words.
What would failure to win on Tuesday mean, he was asked. “Two points from two? That would be disappointing,” he said. Another word he might have used would have been “fatal” – to Scotland’s World Cup campaign and surely to his own prospects of leading the team much further.
He does not have his problems to seek here. He refused to accept that Scotland are now playing catch-up despite it being a demonstrable fact, but there was no denying that his already stretched resources at the back might be about to get even more stretched. There has to be a modicum of doubt about Alan Hutton’s fitness after he picked up a calf strain. We shall see. None of Danny Fox, Russell Martin and Charlie Mulgrew will be available.
We shall see, also, what transpires in the Steven Naismith affair. The Everton player elbowed Srdan Mijailovic in the head in the first half, an incident that the Serbian management made reference to later. There could yet be some anxiety about Naismith’s availability for Tuesday, but at least midfield is an area where Scotland are not lacking in numbers. Defence is, but there should be a shout-out here to Paul Dixon who made his debut at left-back yesterday and played wonderfully.
Levein carried on applying the lipstick throughout the aftermath. “We didn’t get three points and that’s disappointing. We had opportunities and didn’t take them.” The temptation was to holler Steven Fletcher’s name at that point. Or Jordan Rhodes’s name. The Blackburn striker was given a mere 11 minutes on the field yesterday. “The upside,” continued Levein, “is that we had players who we know can play a lot better.” That’s an upside? Again he was quizzed about the importance of a win on Tuesday. “Certainly, it would be beneficial.” Again, Levein-speak is a little mystifying. Beneficial? He makes it sound like winning would be useful rather than being utterly critical, that the three points would be appreciated rather than being an absolute prerequisite to retaining any hope at all of staying in the race for Rio.
“We’ve moved forward enormously,” he said in terms of the quality of Scotland’s play, the chances they create and the general vibe around the team. “I see a good progression. I’m disappointed but I’m not down. The lads put on a decent show.
“We deserved to win. Even when Serbia had spells I didn’t feel like we were going to lose a goal. The question was whether we could get a goal.” Didn’t feel that Scotland were going to lose a goal il, we presume, they almost did through Dusan Tadic. “Would I be frightened to play them [Serbia] again? No, I wouldn’t.”
Neither would Serbia, you have to imagine, be in any fear of facing Scotland. On and on Levein went, presenting an analysis of the day that was at odds with reality. “I was confident before the match and I’m even more confident now,” he said. Quite what he was going on about at that stage was a little hard to follow.
“Nothing has changed,” he insisted. In one sense he is right, but not in the way he means. The results remain the same, the sense of frustration identical, the fighting talk just as tiresome as it has been. We repeat: on Levein’s watch, in games that really matter, his team has only beaten two nations, Liechtenstein and Lithuania. It’s true. Nothing has changed.

Still says he is a poor manager though

(http://www.hibs.net/#)

hibsbollah
09-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Tom English is that rare thing, a proper journalist in work in Scotland.

CMac1988
09-09-2012, 07:00 PM

Makes Traynor's phone in almost bearable...

jacomo
09-09-2012, 10:58 PM

He's hit the nail on the head again here. Levein is hopeless. A better manager could do something with this squad.

Jim44
10-09-2012, 07:44 AM
"Even a loss on Saturday would not have been 'a really sore one', he commented. "It's how many points we get at the end of the campaign which will decide .....". The man's deluded. Does he not understand that points (which we just had to win) lost at the start of a campaign are lost forever and won't magically appear at the end of of a campaign.

steakbake
10-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Who would folk have in as a replacement?

Phil MaGlass
10-09-2012, 11:34 AM

Rod Hull and Emu, oops... sorry, we already have them????

Col2
10-09-2012, 11:44 AM

Three names that spring to mind AND all available:-

1. Alex McLeish
2. Walter Smith
3. Gordon Strachan

Smith might not want to deal with SFA or viva versa after Sevco shambles but McLeish and Strachan would have the nation excited and I am absolutely certain would get more from what is a decent squad of players to pick from.

Hibercelona
10-09-2012, 11:44 AM
We have a manager that doesn't seem all that bothered about winning. :confused:

If his motive isn't to win, then what is it exactly?

To pick up a healthy wage slip for being a complete and utter prick?

Cabbage East
10-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Can we look forward to one up tomorrow night again then?

Great.

Jakey.

steakbake
10-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Three names that spring to mind AND all available:-

1. Alex McLeish
2. Walter Smith
3. Gordon Strachan

Smith might not want to deal with SFA or viva versa after Sevco shambles but McLeish and Strachan would have the nation excited and I am absolutely certain would get more from what is a decent squad of players to pick from.

We've got better players available now than we've been able to choose from in the past - problem is that they are not the sum of their parts and the formation is not helping. Should have been expansive and attacking on Saturday against a beatable Serbian team. Instead we still played counter-attack football. At least the defenders got a bit of passing practice.

Levein seems to be trying to place importance on not getting beaten as opposed to going out to win. We get timid, boring, damage limitation style tactics, tired old players in the twilight of their careers and a manager who is afraid to let go of the side of the pool. For once in a long time, we're actually much better than that, but we need the right person in to do it.

I'd take Stuart McCall, Strachan or McLeish.

lyonhibs
10-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Sky Sports proudly presents one jakey prick's triumph over crushing body odour, a rank beard/stubble "Thing" and common sense as Craig "Show us yer medals" Levein somehow remains in charge of Scotland's national team. Next up, a grim 0-0 (1-1 if you're lucky ed....) draw with the might of FYR Macedonia :rolleyes:

one day maybe...
10-09-2012, 05:18 PM
1 point gained lol. eh naw craig its two points dropped ya plum

bathhibby
15-09-2012, 05:00 PM
There you go Avril Fletchers scores against Liverpool

john18722
15-09-2012, 05:02 PM

Have to admit, I thought he was one of the poorer players of our golden generation youngsters. But it shows what a good attitude and a willingness to improve yourself does!

Onceinawhile
15-09-2012, 05:04 PM
The best thing to ever happen to his career was us telling Celtic to ram it. He would be wasting away through there. Hope him and levein bury the hatchet before It's too late. (May already be).

KingFranck
15-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Time for SFA to bin Avril new manager would have Fletcher as first name on the teamsheet.
No wonder SF doesn't want to play for the Jambo failure.

Billy Whizz
15-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Have to admit, I thought he was one of the poorer players of our golden generation youngsters. But it shows what a good attitude and a willingness to improve yourself does!

You really think he was poor????
I remember Eddie Turnbull telling me a few years ago he was his favourite player

tamig
15-09-2012, 05:10 PM

Really? He was always rated inside the club as being the one with the most potential of making it to the top.

marti1875
15-09-2012, 05:11 PM
The best thing to ever happen to his career was us telling Celtic to ram it. He would be wasting away through there. Hope him and levein bury the hatchet before It's too late. (May already be)

Also it will be a dream come true for him scoring at anfield.

I agree 100%...but the games not at Anfield ok

As soon as he scored the whole Sunderland support in unison singing the "he scores when he wants" song...unfortunately this will make no difference to his Scotland chances, that phannybaws Burley was saying that Levein had indeed tried to get him to play for Scotland again (when this was i do not know i only heard a wee bit) but that Fletch completely shunned it and said no....but remember, this was Craig Burley talking though prob a lot of complete utter p@@@H...

Ah, as i typed this message you've realised it's not at Anfield! :greengrin

Sean1875
15-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Fletchers scored more goals than the entire Liverpool team in the EPL this season. :rolleyes: Good one Potter :aok:

Bostonhibby
15-09-2012, 05:15 PM

But to be fair, he is nae McKail Smith or Kevin Kyle, which is probably why a real manager like Martin O'Neill made the decision he did. Meantime our boy Potter is hoping Scott Crabbe will conntemplate a comeback to help Scotland make the next world cup, or Gary Glenn still has more to come. Potter, the clue is in the baseball cap!

Craig_in_Prague
15-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Delighted for him and glad Sunderland persisted to get him this summer. Always thought he could have got a better move than to Wolves at the time but he done well there and rightly a decent move.. Good club and manager. Regardless of the Scotland nonsense its great to see a ex hibee that came thru us now going really well in the EPL.

Onceinawhile
15-09-2012, 05:18 PM
I agree 100%...but the games not at Anfield ok

As soon as he scored the whole Sunderland support in unison singing the "he scores when he wants" song...unfortunately this will make no difference to his Scotland chances, that phannybaws Burley was saying that Levein had indeed tried to get him to play for Scotland again (when this was i do not know i only heard a wee bit) but that Fletch completely shunned it and said no....but remember, this was Craig Burley talking though prob a lot of complete utter p@@@H...

Ah, as i typed this message you've realised it's not at Anfield! :greengrin

Has a quick look at BBC t get a description and noticed safc were at home! Gutted you quoted me in time!

Wotherspiniesta
15-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Levein said: “Steven hasn’t put in a performance which makes me think I can hang my hat on him"

hibs supporter
15-09-2012, 05:29 PM
just what does levien know fletcher has scored 3 in 2 games and rhodes has scored four in 5 but he still plays miller who is finished now playing in canada

Hiber-nation
15-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Levein said: “Steven hasn’t put in a performance which makes me think I can hang my hat on him"

I'm sure Jamie Mackie has had umpteen of them in the Premier League :rolleyes:

Well done Fletch, keep banging them in.

whiskyhibby

Yeah he was so poor that Real Madrid had him on their top 10 of future transfer purchases whilst playing for Scotland U 21........,,,,

Nuitdelune
Really? He was always rated inside the club as being the one with the most potential of making it to the top.

Mind you, we did used to slate him from time to time. May we be forgiven.

stoneyburn hibs
15-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Levein should be ordered to get him back playing for Scotland, imagine him and Rhodes up front, would be a cracking strikeforce.

HibeeN
15-09-2012, 05:39 PM
He was always my favourite :greengrin

s2hart
15-09-2012, 05:51 PM
I remember one of the first times I seen him play I turned to my mates and said, he'll be better than Riordan, laugh, they nearly spilt their bovril! :na na:

Who would of thought that Scotland has the potential of a £20m strike force!! I'd imagine Potter will revert back to the good old 4-6-0 formation in Belgium. ****!

Bostonhibby
15-09-2012, 05:54 PM

I wouldnae take the chance either, there are only 2 hats like it Potters got one and Fester has the other.............

15-09-2012, 06:13 PM

:agree:, unlike Brown, Thompson, Whittaker, Riordan, Caldwell etc. he didnt head down the M8 to celtic or rangers as soon as he got the chance, he stayed at hibs, developed and matured as a player then got his big break down south and now having a very succesfull career in the English premiership.

Well done, Fletch!

Hibrandenburg
15-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Potter would probably play him as a 2nd right back. Potter GTF.

steakbake
16-09-2012, 08:16 AM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/two-goal-8m-jordan-rhodes-over-hyped-and-not-yet-ready-insists-levein-1-2529790

Lost my morning coffee over this petulant bit of arrogance from Levein. So Fletcher won't get a game while Levein is around, now he's questioning Rhodes.

The guy is a complete and utter trumpet. What's it going to take for him to get the bullet?

HH81
16-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Both scored yesterday. The clown is almost asking to be sacked.

lord bunberry
16-09-2012, 08:25 AM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/two-goal-8m-jordan-rhodes-over-hyped-and-not-yet-ready-insists-levein-1-2529790

Lost my morning coffee over this petulant bit of arrogance from Levein. So Fletcher won't get a game while Levein is around, now he's questioning Rhodes.

The guy is a complete and utter trumpet. What's it going to take for him to get the bullet?

He really should learn to keep his mouth shut he has already turned the fans against him now he is going to turn his own players against him. The sooner he gets the bullet the better

Russ
16-09-2012, 08:32 AM

This anti Levein stuff staggers me at times, he played for the S cumbos, SO WHAT, build a bridge and get over it ffs. Fletcher is an arrogant p rick who hardly set the heather on fire when at ER. hE WAS COMPLETELY 1 FOOTED AND AT TIMES A TOTAL FUD. Levein is the Scotland manager and overall is doing a good job, give the guy a break, this anti Levein crap makes Hibs fans look like fannies to be honest

linlithgowhibbie
16-09-2012, 08:34 AM
This anti Levein stuff staggers me at times, he played for the S cumbos, SO WHAT, build a bridge and get over it ffs. Fletcher is an arrogant p rick who hardly set the heather on fire when at ER. hE WAS COMPLETELY 1 FOOTED AND AT TIMES A TOTAL FUD. Levein is the Scotland manager and overall is doing a good job, give the guy a break, this anti Levein crap makes Hibs fans look like fannies to be honest

Sorry!!!!

My dislike of him has nowt to do with anti jamboness,,,,,,

Speedy
16-09-2012, 08:36 AM

If you think it's just Hibs fans that are against Levein then you need to open your eyes.

And imo Fletcher has improved his right foot massively since leaving Hibs.

soupy
16-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Aye ok then,,,,, the guys a tool, and way out his depth, to Me you don't have a clue either, but that's my opinion aswell..

Craig_in_Prague
16-09-2012, 08:37 AM
This anti Levein stuff staggers me at times, he played for the S cumbos, SO WHAT, build a bridge and get over it ffs. Fletcher is an arrogant p rick who hardly set the heather on fire when at ER. hE WAS COMPLETELY 1 FOOTED AND AT TIMES A TOTAL FUD. Levein is the Scotland manaoger and overall is doing a good job, give the guy a break, this anti Levein crap makes Hibs fans look like fannies to be honest

Alright Craig?

Wheat Hound
16-09-2012, 08:38 AM

ltyf

Hibstrooper
16-09-2012, 08:38 AM

:faf:

I suppose 99% of Scotland fans must be fannies as well then, absolutely nothing to do with his Hearts connection. Still don't let that get in the way of you having a pop at the supporters of the team you supposedly support (which I doubt).

#FromTheCapital
16-09-2012, 08:39 AM

If Levein was doing a good job I'm sure the majority would be backing him. Fact is though, he's not. He is far too stubborn, biased and negative. And it's not just us hibs fans who will think this.
Don't know if your on the wind up or not when you say he is doing a good job, he has won 3 competitive matches since he took the job.

Golden Bear
16-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Levein is stubborn, arrogant, ignorant, has a boring personality and produces boring football teams.

These are the factors and have nothing to do with him being an ex Yam or ex Arab for that matter.

Brummie_Hibs
16-09-2012, 08:45 AM
If you check out the Tartan Army Messageboard (http://www.taboard.com) you'll find fans from every club with the same anti-Levein sentiments - many of them Jambos.

Levein is getting very little support anywhere at all from Scottish fans - you are in about a 5% minority.

Broken Gnome
16-09-2012, 08:49 AM

That's about the most misguided post I've ever read on here. You've lost it at 'he's doing a good job'....

Saorsa
16-09-2012, 08:50 AM

The guy is a complete and utter trumpet. What's it going to take for him to get the bullet?what a tosser he is, totally out of his depth and without a ****in' clue

This anti Levein stuff staggers me at times, he played for the S cumbos, SO WHAT, build a bridge and get over it ffs. Fletcher is an arrogant p rick who hardly set the heather on fire when at ER. hE WAS COMPLETELY 1 FOOTED AND AT TIMES A TOTAL FUD. Levein is the Scotland manager and overall is doing a good job, give the guy a break, this anti Levein crap makes Hibs fans look like fannies to be honest:faf: have a look in the mirror then you'll see one.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Levein is a decent enough manager, but his one major failing is that he is almost completely disconnected frim the fans, and tosh like this won't help him one bit. Probably best to file this with the " we will win all our games" story.

lyonhibs
16-09-2012, 08:53 AM

Two points.

1) How do you possibly surmise that Levein is overall doing a good job?? Look at his record - in qualifiers, where it really matters, we have beaten the might of Liechtenstein (once requiring a 123rd minute - or whatever - winner, AT HOME) and Lithuania. We - for once - actually have several players playing regular 1st team football in the Premiership, yet he still can't get them playing coherently. We have £22 million of striking talent kicking their heels/waiting on a phone call, whilst a ****ged out, semi-retired Kenny Miller bumbles about - admirably for someone of 38 or whatever he is now - up front. Do you think Belgium or Croatia are quaking in their boots at the thought of Kenny Miller??!!

2) "This anti-Levein crap" - as you put it - is a commonly held opinion of ALL Scottish football fans, regardless of club affiliation - except possibly Craig and his Maw - that Levein simply isn't up to the task, as well as being an unshaven, pig ignorant and arrogant Jambo bawsack.

Aldo
16-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Levein is so far up his own ar$e he couldn't see himself in the mirror. Given the right service Rhodes will score. Play him and Fletch up front and I would say there's every chance we'll score.

Won't see it happening while Levein is in charge.
Instead of looking at Shelvey etc Levein should man up... Contact fletch and both should have clear the air type talks.

Golden Bear
16-09-2012, 08:54 AM

Your surname isn't Abbott by any chance?

He was a comedian as well.

Saorsa
16-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Levein is so far up his own ar$e he couldn't see himself in the mirror. Given the right service Rhodes will score. Play him and Fletch up front and I would say there's every chance we'll score.

Won't see it happening while Levein is in charge.
Instead of looking at Shelvey etc Levein should man up... Contact fletch and both should have clear the air type talks.nah, he should just **** off

500miles
16-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Levein will be Hearts manager by Xmas.

Pretty Boy
16-09-2012, 08:56 AM

Fletcher was and is the most naturally talented player to come out of ER in years and I include Riordan, Brown, Thomson et al in that assessment.

As for the rest of your post the complete lack of punctuation makes it almost impossible to understand. It's not just Hibs fans critcising him though.

Barman Stanton
16-09-2012, 08:57 AM

So many Jambos on this site now. Not even subtle either!

Aldo
16-09-2012, 09:01 AM
nah, he should just **** off

Agreed

Russ
16-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Fletcher was and is the most naturally talented player to come out of ER in years and I include Riordan, Brown, Thomson et al in that assessment.

As for the rest of your post the complete lack of punctuation makes it almost impossible to understand. It's not just Hibs fans critcising him though.
Fletcher couldn't lace Kevin Thomson's boots, and missed countless sitters for us due to his lack of a right foot. Sorry about my lack of punctuation, I didn't realise it was a grammar test.

KeithTheHibby
16-09-2012, 09:06 AM
The guy should have been sacked by Thursday past at the latest.

When we fail to qualify the SFA are as accountable as Levein for not acting quick enough.

Russ
16-09-2012, 09:07 AM
So many Jambos on this site now. Not even subtle either!
LOL Jambo? a've probably been to more Hibs games that you've had hot dinners son. BTW a luv ur name:wink:

Big Ed
16-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Levein is a decent enough manager, but his one major failing is that he is almost completely disconnected frim the fans, and tosh like this won't help him one bit. Probably best to file this with the " we will win all our games" story.

I wasn't unhappy when he was appointed, but all of this is gravy after the debacle in Prague.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Both scored yesterday. The clown is almost asking to be sacked.

We can but hope!

Steve-O
16-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Fletcher couldn't lace Kevin Thomson's boots, and missed countless sitters for us due to his lack of a right foot. Sorry about my lack of punctuation, I didn't realise it was a grammar test.

Is that you Craig?

Golden Bear
16-09-2012, 09:13 AM

I agree with you on that point Russ. At the respective time of their careers when they left Hibs, KT was the more complete footballer imo.

Big Ed
16-09-2012, 09:16 AM

Really?

I know which one I'd rather have back right now and it's not Mummy's Boy.

Bostonhibby
16-09-2012, 09:34 AM
If you check out the Tartan Army Messageboard (http://www.taboard.com) you'll find fans from every club with the same anti-Levein sentiments - many of them Jambos.

Levein is getting very little support anywhere at all from Scottish fans - you are in about a 5% minority.

:agree: but disregard reality when its inconvenient, am off to Brussels for the Belgium game, our group is down from 8 who go regularly to 4, the main reason for the guys who have pulled out doing so is undoubtedly the combination of turgid football, no progress, and the fact that they have had enough of Levein, they are not prepared to back him any longer and the style of play combined with his nonsensical utterances are what does it.

The group is made up of 4 Hibbies, 1 yam, 2 Huns and a Forest Fan. The 4 going this time are 2 Hibbies, the Hun and the Forest fan. 2 have tickets and the other 2 are not that bothered about having to sit in a pub in Brussels rather than going in to the ground if it comes to it. I think Levein has 1 game left depending upon how Belgium goes as the SFA is highly likely to act when the cash cow that is the tartan army supporters club starts to vote with its feet.

On Fletcher and Rhodes specifically I think it just adds fuel to the fire when most of us form our opinions based on what we actually see and this trumpet tries to tell us it's otherwise whilst merrily ploughing on with something that ain't working. Good managers pick and play form players, or at least change ones who aren't doing it.

Broken Gnome
16-09-2012, 09:39 AM
This is this board in a nutshell.

The original post in my opinion is OTT. Jordan Rhodes is being asked to play for the national team against international players. Craig is saying he isn't ready yet as he has just come out of the championship and it's too big a leap. He has potential.
My problem is I personally don't have the any evidence to agree or disagree, those involved do.

Another thing to add is what the paper has printed is sections of an interview, chunks put together in a way that fits the mood of the supporters.

Good post. We do get a bit hysterical over him, but the overriding thing for me is that right we've got the two most expensive Scottish forwards ever . Levein's questioned whether Fletcher's worth the money, now he's suggesting Rhodes isn't ready. All while he would never ever question the worth of Miller who hasn't played well for Scotland in years.

What other national coach would actually argue against the ability and value of his best players?

degenerated
16-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Levein is a complete throbber, always has been and always will be.
He's a difficult man to ignore but it's well worth the effort.

Eyrie
16-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Rhodes will never be ready for international football if he isn't given opportunities to play at that level.

Fortunately for him and Scotland, Levein won't survive this qualifying campaign.

Jones28
16-09-2012, 09:57 AM

Worst and most inaccurate post I've read on here for a while

surreyhibbie
16-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Levein will be Hearts manager by Xmas.

Oh, I really, really hope so....

Two birds, one stone. :greengrin

Since90+2
16-09-2012, 10:09 AM

Totally agreed.

That is why one of them is a £14 Million pound prolific striker in the one of the top leagues in the world and the other , emmm , plays for Middlesbrough :aok:.

Tricla
16-09-2012, 10:12 AM

Pish

Since90+2
16-09-2012, 10:12 AM
What I also dont get is that Levein has said that Jordan Rhodes has not played at a high enough level to be ready for International Football.

Rhodes scored 40 goals last season playing in a league with a comparable standard to the SPL , if someone who was eligible to play for Scotland had scored 40 goals in the SPL last season would Levein say the same?

Future17
16-09-2012, 10:22 AM

Very good. Thomson has been cutting it in the Premiership for 3 seasons has he?

The Scotland job isn't easy but Levein's out of game conduct is making him immensely dislikeable.

HibeeN
16-09-2012, 10:31 AM
What I also dont get is that Levein has said that Jordan Rhodes has not played at a high enough level to be ready for International Football.

Rhodes scored 40 goals last season playing in a league with a comparable standard to the SPL , if someone who was eligible to play for Scotland had scored 40 goals in the SPL last season would Levein say the same?

:agree: Funny how Rhodes' Huddersfield Town former teammate Paul Dixon plays at a high enough level. :greengrin

degenerated
16-09-2012, 10:41 AM

That would depend on who he played for if it's hibs then definitely not whereas if its Dundee utd or the jamtards then being able to tie your own boot laces is enough.

God Petrie
16-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Why even pick him if he's not ready? There's a Scottish striker who has played at a higher level who is available. Might be an idea to call him up.

ancient hibee
16-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Rhodes will be the real deal and should receive every encouragement now-we're not going to qualify so let him play and get the experience.

Fletcher is lucky-with every game he misses his reputation grows until we'll be expecting Law and Dalgleish rolled into one when he gets back(we'll be disappointed).

Fletcher and Rhodes would be a good combination as Fletcher is athletic and strong and although you couldn't rely on him to score a large percentage of his chances Rhodes will because he instinctively knows where to go.

Hibby D
16-09-2012, 10:59 AM

A prime example of letting off and leaving everyone to boak at the smell.

Fletcher is arrogant? A fud? Looking forward to reading you justifying those two claims.

As for Avril "doing a good job" - eh yeah okay :hilarious

AlbertK86
16-09-2012, 11:19 AM

Russ am thinking u r taking the P155.

Even the jambos I know want rid as he is so pig headed arrogant and most of all clueless

The English media r correct for once when they say we r a laughing stock when a man who failed at that massive club leicester refuses to play 22mill worth of striking talent

Antifa Hibs
16-09-2012, 11:25 AM

:faf: :faf:

Fletcher has accumulated more in transfer fee's than half the Jockland team put together, yet "hardly set the heather on fire" :faf:

Levien is a Hertz prick. So f*** Harry Potter and f*** his two bob bit national side :cb

:pfgwa

Hibercelona
16-09-2012, 11:58 AM

Deary me. :faf:

The Green Goblin
16-09-2012, 12:00 PM
This is this board in a nutshell.

The original post in my opinion is OTT. Jordan Rhodes is being asked to play for the national team against international players. Craig is saying he isn't ready yet as he has just come out of the championship and it's too big a leap. He has potential.
My problem is I personally don't have the any evidence to agree or disagree, those involved do.

Another thing to add is what the paper has printed is sections of an interview, chunks put together in a way that fits the mood of the supporters.

The Fletcher situation is another where football has kept the facts within football and the supporters make up their mind based on scraps of information and rumour.
The call to supporters to build a bridge and get over it is an excellent suggestion but the same supporters would ask Craig and Fletch to do likewise for the benefit of the national team.

So instead people spill coffee and write in capital letters safe in the knowledge that despite everything we don't know, we know best.

I'm still not sure what your point is here (not having a go, just saying). Does that mean you think Levein is doing a good job? Is he right to talk down Rhodes readiness at international level? after he scored a cracker on his international debut etc.

The Green Goblin
16-09-2012, 12:04 PM

"overall he is doing a good job" (Apart from the team's results and all that)

On what basis could you possibly argue he is doing a good job, with only 3 competitive wins to his credit?

silverhibee
16-09-2012, 12:14 PM

Not as much as an arrogant pwick Potter is, take it you know Fletcher well enough to say such bad things about him, and he is doing very good for himself in the EPL with his one foot.

F*** Potter.

Jim44
16-09-2012, 12:14 PM
The original post is unbelievable and it's no surprise that Jambo alert was triggered off. However your previous posts suggest you are a Hibby so it's disappointing and frankly embarrassing that you should leap to the defense of someone who is making a complete mockery of our national team. I only hope that after predictable defeats from Wales (we might get a draw there) and Belgium, they will have the guts to sack him and save us the need to waste time discussing the relative merits of probably the worst manager ever to lead the national team.

poolman
16-09-2012, 12:25 PM

:faf:

What a crock o Sheidt

Part/Time Supporter
16-09-2012, 12:33 PM
That would depend on who he played for if it's hibs then definitely not whereas if its Dundee utd or the jamtards then being able to tie your own boot laces is enough.

Garry Kenneth (now of the mighty Bristol Rovers) was capped by Levein.

The Green Goblin
16-09-2012, 12:49 PM
The original post is unbelievable and it's no surprise that Jambo alert was triggered off. However your previous posts suggest you are a Hibby so it's disappointing and frankly embarrassing that you should leap to the defense of someone who is making a complete mockery of our national team. I only hope that after predictable defeats from Wales (we might get a draw there) and Belgium, they will have the guts to sack him and save us the need to waste time discussing the relative merits of probably the worst manager ever to lead the national team.

How is the original post "unbelievable"? Seems like a passionately expressed opinion based on Levein's latest piece of nonsense to me.

McSwanky
16-09-2012, 12:49 PM
I have now come to the conclusion that f##knuts is trying to get himself the sack. Must fancy a bit of paid gardening leave.

Jack Hackett
16-09-2012, 12:53 PM

Drink!

didn't want to use my other well known phrase on a Sunday

Jim44
16-09-2012, 01:09 PM
How is the original post "unbelievable"? Seems like a passionately expressed opinion based on Levein's latest piece of nonsense to me.

We're into semantics now. Maybe I should have said that the thoughts and opinions expressed by the poster were 'unbelievable' and not the text itself. At least, judging by the last few words of your post, we agree about the quality of the national manager.

The Green Goblin
16-09-2012, 01:27 PM
We're into semantics now. Maybe I should have said that the thoughts and opinions expressed by the poster were 'unbelievable' and not the text itself. At least, judging by the last few words of your post, we agree about the quality of the national manager.

You've lost me :-) Completely! But yes, we agree on what we think of the national manager.

Hibs90
16-09-2012, 01:42 PM

Few points.

Nothing to do with the fact he's played for them.

Having met Fletcher I can say he's not arrogant.

Hardly set the heather on fire? Are you serious?

1 footed but boy was that foot good.

Total fud? At times please explain to me how he was a total fud?

Levein is overall not doing a good job, now you can go.

hibee_girl
16-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Fletch tweeted today that he'd play next month if Levein asked him

Hibercelona
16-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Fletch tweeted today that he'd play next month if Levein asked him

But no, Fletcher has to ask him apparently.

Because thats what every other player in the squad did right enough... :rolleyes:

Chris.igoe
16-09-2012, 02:12 PM
All he needs to do is 1 phone call so easy for a top striker for Scotland

lord bunberry
16-09-2012, 02:14 PM

I can't see potter ever making that call

soupy
16-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Unless one of the bawbags fi the SFA tell him to do it, then forcing him to either do it or RESIGN, that's only wishful thinking I suppose....

Chris.igoe
16-09-2012, 02:20 PM
https://twitter.com/stevenfletch10/status/247295021588549633

WarringtonHibee
16-09-2012, 02:42 PM

Away and take yer face for a *****.

LTYF. :bye:

Dr Jimmy
16-09-2012, 02:47 PM
https://twitter.com/stevenfletch10/status/247295021588549633

The more fletcher doesn't play the better everyone will thinly he is.
Levien has backed himself into a corner with this and has shown himself to be a complete did.

The Green Goblin
16-09-2012, 02:49 PM
I wonder if this is more of a calculated public kick to Levein's balls while he is down than Fletcher being desperate to build bridges. Just a guess though and I could be way off, but that's how it seems to me.

MacBean
16-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Quick enough to let the boozegait pair back in

NOLA
16-09-2012, 02:59 PM

is that you potter? :bye:

500miles
16-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Shouldn't even be Levein's choice to make. This squad is our best in years, and he will only diminish it's potential with his negativity.

Pretty Boy
16-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Levein is bizarrely now in quite a decent position with Fletcher.

If he phones him and Fletcher says no then the tables turn and Fletch becomes the bad guy.

If he picks him and Fletcher scores goals that get us a play off place then everyone forgets the climb down.

If Fletcher doesn't score then Levein can sit back and say I told you so.

Remaining as stubborn as he is is the worst thing Levein can do. Good managers are stubborn but they are also willing to reach out to good players when necessary, see Sir Alex and Wayne Rooney a couple of year back for example.

Vini1875
16-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Fletcher could also phone Levine privately and say if you want me I'm available. All this doing stuff through the media is bs in my opinion, because it is mainly prompted by loaded questions from journalists.

grunt
16-09-2012, 04:01 PM
I wonder if this is more of a calculated public kick to Levein's balls while he is down than Fletcher being desperate to build bridges. Just a guess though and I could be way off, but that's how it seems to me.

It is astonishing beyond belief that you can arrive at this conclusion, given the circumstances of the news. Somebody tweeted Fletcher, asking him if he would play for Scotland if CL asked him back. Fletcher's reply was "yes".

How on Earth can you possibly conclude that this is some sort of Machiavellian plot by Fletcher on the basis of that short and simple tweet???

:confused:

grunt
16-09-2012, 04:14 PM
You're not the only one to jump to conclusions on this.
The BBC is no better - check the headline out on this...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19617378?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"Steven Fletcher suggests he wants Scotland return". No he doesn't suggest anything of the sort!!! Arrggh!

The Green Goblin
16-09-2012, 04:16 PM
It is astonishing beyond belief that you can arrive at this conclusion, given the circumstances of the news. Somebody tweeted Fletcher, asking him if he would play for Scotland if CL asked him back. Fletcher's reply was "yes".

How on Earth can you possibly conclude that this is some sort of Machiavellian plot by Fletcher on the basis of that short and simple tweet???

:confused:

In my own defence, I wondered if there was more to it than I knew about, which is why (if you look back) I said that "I could be way off". Your post provided the exact circumstances, which I wasn't fully aware of. Going by the way it was originally presented, which was all I had to go on, it wasn't that far-fetched a conclusion to arrive at. He could have opted to simply stay out of it for example, and not replied.

grunt
16-09-2012, 04:17 PM
You're not the only one to jump to conclusions on this story.
See here for the BBC's take on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19617378?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Steven Fletcher suggests he wants Scotland return

No he doesn't! He hasn't given any insight into what he wants!! Arggh!

grunt
16-09-2012, 04:20 PM
In my own defence, I wondered if there was more to it than I knew about, which is why (if you look back) I said that "I could be way off". Your post provided the exact circumstances, which I wasn't fully aware of. Going by the way it was originally presented, which was all I had to go on, it wasn't that far-fetched a conclusion to arrive at. He could have opted to simply stay out of it for example, and not replied.Sorry, I didn't mean to get at you specifically. It just annoys me when stories take on a life of their own because people infer things which weren't stated - see post above re BBC for another example.

The Green Goblin
16-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to get at you specifically. It just annoys me when stories take on a life of their own because people infer things which weren't stated - see post above re BBC for another example.

No problem mate. I agree re the press wholeheartedly.

--------
16-09-2012, 04:27 PM

And how exactly do YOU think that telephone call would go?

I think Levein, being the overbearing bully he is, would expect grovelling apologies from Fletcher, and then - just to make his point, he'd pick Fletcher, sit him on the bench, and then he wouldn't play him, regardless of how the game was going.

I might be wrong, of course, but I really don't think so.

Levein is the MANAGER. That means he's supposed to be the guy who MANAGES the team in such a way as to get results - positive results, that is. Not have the team staggering from one ghastly debacle to another without even trying to win the games.

The Green Goblin
16-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Nae problem, there's no way I'd say my opinion is the one that should be listened to.

When I posted this it was on a thread of its own decrying Levein, based on a press release, for comments about Rhodes not being ready. I've no problem with Levein saying that, we call for our youngsters to get a game but they are used sparingly too.
Is he talking down Rhodes or giving it straight? That's what I'm saying, I don't know.

Levein by his own admission isn't getting the results he predicted ergo he isn't doing a good job.

Cheers. I agree. I think clarity is what is lacking with Levein's "vision" in general. Tom English's piece in the Herald examining his post Serbia match comments in detail also strongly suggests this.

lapsedhibee
16-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Fletchers scored more goals than the entire Liverpool team in the EPL this season.

Firhill for thrills, but Anfield for statistics.

Is it true that Arsenal have won as many EPL games at Anfield in 2012 as Liverpool? :dunno:

H18sry
16-09-2012, 06:23 PM

Sorry I may have lost something in the translation, but can you please enlighten me to the highlighted piece. :confused:

clerriehibs
16-09-2012, 06:57 PM

Whatever.

Northernhibee
16-09-2012, 07:59 PM

Was reading a copy of the Daily Record that was left behind on a train on Thursday evening; they had the stats of the last few Scotland managers (last 12-15 or so it must have been); Levein has the worst win % ratio of any and the second worst goals to games ratio.

It's not even a case of him not doing a good job, he's breaking into new levels of mediocrity.

R'Albin
16-09-2012, 09:56 PM
SO WHAT, build a bridge and get over it ffs.

Levein crap aside this made me giggle. You sound like a 11 year old American girl arguing with her classmate.

matty_f
16-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Has Levein won anything as a manager or player?

Eyrie
16-09-2012, 10:11 PM

Does winning the contempt of the Scotland support count?

jacomo
16-09-2012, 11:17 PM

I think Levein, being the overbearing bully he is, would expect grovelling apologies from Fletcher, and then - just to make his point, he'd pick Fletcher, sit him on the bench, and then he wouldn't play him, regardless of how the game was going.

Levein is the MANAGER. That means he's supposed to be the guy who MANAGES the team in such a way as to get results - positive results, that is. Not have the team staggering from one ghastly debacle to another without even trying to win the games.

Spot on. It's the manager's job to get the best team on the park. Therefore it's Levein's job to sort it.

Hibbyradge
16-09-2012, 11:28 PM

Exactly my position on it, Dode.

There are no circumstances that I can imagine under which Alex Ferguson would allow such a situation to continue. Look how he dealt with Ronaldo's first attempt to leave then Rooney's.

Sure, he's binned big players before, but he was able to buy replacements. Levein hasn't got that luxury so he needs the best players in his squad.

The manager's ego should not over ride the needs of the squad and that's exactly what's currently happening.

Funny how Levein's principles didn't stretch to maintaining the bans against Ferguson and McGregor.

degenerated
17-09-2012, 08:06 AM

He was manager of the month twice with hearts and 4 times with Dundee utd. Does that count?

Part/Time Supporter
17-09-2012, 08:43 AM
He was manager of the month twice with hearts and 4 times with Dundee utd. Does that count?

The latter part of that statistic proves how much he must have sucked in with certain journalists (who vote for these awards). He was only there for two full seasons and finished behind Jimmy Calderwood's Aberdeen in both of them.

JimBHibees
17-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Exactly my position on it, Dode.

There are no circumstances that I can imagine under which Alex Ferguson would allow such a situation to continue. Look how he dealt with Ronaldo's first attempt to leave then Rooney's.

Sure, he's binned big players before, but he was able to buy replacements. Levein hasn't got that luxury so he needs the best players in his squad.

The manager's ego should not over ride the needs of the squad and that's exactly what's currently happening.

Funny how Levein's principles didn't stretch to maintaining the bans against Ferguson and McGregor.

Completely agree especially the bit in bold. Fletcher has said he would play if picked by Levein what else does he have to do exactly.

jacomo
17-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Completely agree especially the bit in bold. Fletcher has said he would play if picked by Levein what else does he have to do exactly.

Fletcher has succeeded in piling pressure on Levein and making him look even more of a clueless fool. He's not going to invite him back into the fold now.

I have a feeling this qualification campaign is a write off already.

Saorsa
17-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Fletcher has succeeded in piling pressure on Levein and making him look even more of a clueless fool. He's not going to invite him back into the fold now.

I have a feeling this qualification campaign is a write off already.Nonsense, there's still 24 points Scotland can win, Potter said so. :hilarious

Eyrie
17-09-2012, 04:56 PM
I thnk Fletcher is fully aware that Levein would prefer to lose all our matches than recall him, so I regard this latest confirmation that Fletcher is available as him making it easier for Levein's successor to bring him back.

Kaff
17-09-2012, 05:05 PM
I thnk Fletcher is fully aware that Levein would prefer to lose all our matches than recall him, so I regard this latest confirmation that Fletcher is available as him making it easier for Levein's successor to bring him back.

See McLeish being 'quoted' as saying he would be agreeable to returning as Scotland manager (BBC Gossip). May be little or no truth in this but it shows a turning of the tide in regards all his pals in the media.
More stupid interviews in the run up to the Wales game and i predict a huge backlash if (when) things don't go to plan there.

The Green Goblin
17-09-2012, 09:24 PM

I have a feeling this qualification campaign is a write off already.

Nonsense! We're "only two points behind the group leaders"... :greengrin