PDA

View Full Version : Hibs U20's 0 Hamilton U20's 1

McD
08-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Fishy site says the U20's play at Easter Road on Monday evening, anyone know how much it is to get in?

I know it's usually free when they're at EM, but I would've thought there's a cost when playing at ER due to floodlights etc

Cheers muchly in advance :greengrin

Saorsa
08-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Fishy site says the U20's play at Easter Road on Monday evening, anyone know how much it is to get in?

I know it's usually free when they're at EM, but I would've thought there's a cost when playing at ER due to floodlights etc

Cheers muchly in advance :greengrinIt's free but there will be collection buckets for anybody who wants tae donate with the money going tae the youth accademy

McD
08-09-2012, 10:06 AM
It's free but there will be collection buckets for anybody who wants tae donate with the money going tae the youth accademy

:aok: Cheers

PiemanP
08-09-2012, 11:05 AM
With hibs not playing at the weekend, hopefully there will be a bigger crowd than usual for this one. Especially with the young team banging in goals for fun at the moment :agree:

hfc rd
08-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Who we playing?

Twiglet
08-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Who we playing?

Hamilton

greenlex
08-09-2012, 04:42 PM

Cheers muchly in advance :greengrin
Did you only read the headline? It tells you in the article on the fishy site. :confused:

sbell1875
08-09-2012, 05:18 PM
It's free with bucket collections for youth development. I'll be traveling through from Armadale, West Lothian and will happily deposit a good few quid in any bucket I see.

vanNISHtelroy
08-09-2012, 06:05 PM
It's free but there will be collection buckets for anybody who wants tae donate with the money going tae the youth accademy

Lucky yous ours are free to season ticket holders but £5/3 for non-season ticket holders....not got a season ticket as I do turnstiles so no gonna pay a fiver to go and see it unfortunately.

McD
08-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Did you only read the headline? It tells you in the article on the fishy site. :confused:

Didnt see the article:doh:, I saw it on the match listings page. That'll teach me to look further hahaha :)

Pretty Boy
08-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Definitely head along to this, missing my Hibs fix.

Been a long time since I've been so enthusiastic about Hibs, its great.

SMAXXA
08-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Lucky yous ours are free to season ticket holders but £5/3 for non-season ticket holders....not got a season ticket as I do turnstiles so no gonna pay a fiver to go and see it unfortunately.

I would have thought they would have been letting fans in for free at Rugby Park and not charging a penny, mind no sure how much your season tickets are :greengrin

Pretty Boy
08-09-2012, 07:42 PM
I would have thought they would have been letting fans in for free at Rugby Park and not charging a penny, mind no sure how much your season tickets are :greengrin

Is it not only Rangers fans Killie are interested in getting into their ground?

Scouse Hibee
08-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Why do Hibs advertise free entry to U20 games at ER as one of the benefits to ST holder's if it's free entry anyway to everyone? :confused:

greenlex
08-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Didnt see the article:doh:, I saw it on the match listings page. That'll teach me to look further hahaha :)
:aok::greengrin

Makaveli
09-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Why do Hibs advertise free entry to U20 games at ER as one of the benefits to ST holder's if it's free entry anyway to everyone? :confused:

They probably didn't intend it to be free for everyone at the time. Years ago the U21s was free with an ST and some token amount otherwise.

Hibs will probably take in more this way by encouraging people to come and having bucket collections. More people to buy food etc and of course more support for the youngsters. With there being no real game this week it's the perfect time to get folk along. A decent win could mean reasonable crowds for future U20 games, too. :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
09-09-2012, 07:29 AM
They probably didn't intend it to be free for everyone at the time. Years ago the U21s was free with an ST and some token amount otherwise.

Hibs will probably take in more this way by encouraging people to come and having bucket collections. More people to buy food etc and of course more support for the youngsters. With there being no real game this week it's the perfect time to get folk along. A decent win could mean reasonable crowds for future U20 games, too. :thumbsup:

:agree: I'll be there, looking forward to seeing the U20's having read glowing reports about them.

PatHead
09-09-2012, 08:39 PM
For anyone that can't be bothered looking it is a 7pm kick-off

3pm
09-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Does anyone know what time it starts tomorrow?

cabbageandribs1875
09-09-2012, 09:04 PM

For anyone that can't be bothered looking it is a 7pm kick-off

franks
10-09-2012, 10:28 AM

Nice one.

woodythehibee
10-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Kuqi and Sproule start tonight according to the Official Site :agree:

brog
10-09-2012, 02:20 PM

Is it the U-20 stone league?

JohnStephens91
10-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Is it the U-20 stone league?

I'd expect a footballer to weigh under 20 stone, your joke makes no sense :confused:

JimBHibees
10-09-2012, 02:26 PM

Good will be useful to get particularly Kuqi up to speed. The u20 league is IMO an improvement because of being able to play senior pros who can assist the younger kids on the park in these games and also get themselves sharper.

brog
10-09-2012, 02:29 PM
I'd expect a footballer to weigh under 20 stone, your joke makes no sense :confused:

You havn't seen Kuqi I guess!!

JohnStephens91
10-09-2012, 02:34 PM
You havn't seen Kuqi I guess!!

Yes, but you called it the 'u-20 stone league' implying he is under 20 stone. If you were making a joke about his weight it would be the over 20 stone league.

Peevemor
10-09-2012, 02:36 PM
How many overweight players are you allowed?

brog
10-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Yes, but you called it the 'u-20 stone league' implying he is under 20 stone. If you were making a joke about his weight it would be the over 20 stone league.

You think a 19 stone footballer's ok then? :wink:

JohnStephens91
10-09-2012, 02:48 PM
You think a 19 stone footballer's ok then? :wink:

For the under-20 stone league then yes :greengrin

GoldenEagle
10-09-2012, 06:27 PM
0-1 for Hamilton.

Sproule misses pen at 0-0

Billy
10-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Currently 1-0 to Hamilton. Hibernian have missed a penalty.

29 minutes gone so far.

scoopyboy
10-09-2012, 06:29 PM
0-1 for Hamilton.

Sproule misses pen at 0-0

No Caldwell or Handling in starting line up.

The pair of them been scoring for fun in our first three games.

Billy
10-09-2012, 06:32 PM
No Caldwell or Handling in starting line up.

The pair of them been scoring for fun in our first three games.

Hibernian: Grant, Black, Crane, Monaghan, Wilson, Donaldson, Sproule, Gold, Kuqi, Harris, Horribine

Subs: Horne, Baptie, Smith, Paul, Doyle, Martynuik

3pm
10-09-2012, 06:34 PM
I wouldn't let Sproule take a penalty down the park. Surely one of the young lads could have?

sbell1875
10-09-2012, 06:42 PM
I wouldn't let Sproule take a penalty down the park. Surely one of the young lads could have?

I said that to my old man. After all it is an under 20 match!

Despite the conditions I'm enjoying it. First time seeing a game at this level and I think a couple of them do have potential.

I just wish the 5 or 6 idiot neds at the back of the stand would shut up and stop acting wide.

duffers
10-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Without getting into another sect 43 debate. The guys who are at the back of the stand are embarrassing. My ST is in sect 43, and mainly only have positives to say about it. But some daft wee lassies signing Wallace mercer songs etc at an under 20s game drags them down.
Quite enjoyed the game so far other than that.....

Billy
10-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Half Time: 1-0 Hamilton

duffers
10-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Without getting into another sect 43 debate. The guys who are at the back of the stand are embarrassing. My ST is in sect 43, and mainly only have positives to say about it. But some daft wee lassies signing Wallace mercer songs etc at an under 20s game drags them down.

Was meant to say laddies... Although judging by some of there barnets, I might have been right at first...

sbell1875
10-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Was meant to say laddies... Although judging by some of there barnets, I might have been right at first...

Couldn't agree more. Absolutely no relevance at all to this match.

Chuck Rhoades
10-09-2012, 06:50 PM

To clarify, we have been in contact with some close friends at the game who have confirmed Mercer/Paedo songs are being sung by 5/6 wee idiots. None of Section 43 are at the game tonight before the name dropping starts. We have been busy working with the club completing an exciting project.

The idiots are shouting Section 43; however we have no idea who they are and confirm they are not part of the group.

frazeHFC
10-09-2012, 06:51 PM

Most (if not all) people who i know that are in Sect43 aren't at the game, but that is absolutely cringeworthy to hear. Give them a slap!

3pm
10-09-2012, 06:52 PM
I said that to my old man. After all it is an under 20 match!

Despite the conditions I'm enjoying it. First time seeing a game at this level and I think a couple of them do have potential.

I just wish the 5 or 6 idiot neds at the back of the stand would shut up and stop acting wide.

What happened with his pen mate?

Twiglet
10-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Agree what others are saying about the young boys at the back they're not adding anything. Been booing some players too.
The Hamilton number 2 looks good. Looked him up and he's only 17.

UltrasHibernian
10-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Whoever they are I have no idea, as far as I know most of our group lads are busy elsewhere with other commitments.

Out of the 15 or so I speak to regularly who are pretty much the group there's none of which there.

Stupid as hell!

givescotlandfreedom
10-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Ivan and Kuqi look...not at the races.

sbell1875
10-09-2012, 07:22 PM
What happened with his pen mate?

Kuqi won the penalty and Ivan offered the ball to the big man to take it but he refused it. Ivan then set it up and from way up here in the East I could see his stance was giving away where he was placing it. It wasn't the poorest penalty I've ever seen as the keeper made a half decent save but it was decidedly average. No-one else really made any movement toward taking it to be honest.

seanraff07
10-09-2012, 07:23 PM
There's literally about 1/2 folk from the group at the game.

Christ knows who they idiots are up the back, could be anyone to be honest... but I hope someone gets them telt :agree:

Chuck Rhoades
10-09-2012, 07:24 PM
If the group are at a game, the banner is there. End of. And it's not there tonight. Informed a few folks had a word at half time and they've since piped down.

givescotlandfreedom
10-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Ivan and Kuqi subbed

Cocaine&Caviar
10-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Not a single Hibee in the Scotland U19s?

Jonnyboy
10-09-2012, 08:59 PM
My take on tonight

Liked the look of David Gold and (after a dodgy first ten minutes) Andrew Black at right back.

Kuqi worked his socks off for the whole time he was on the park and so if the object of the exercise was to give him meaningful game time it worked a treat.

First half Ivan looked disinterested and frankly quite lazy. As Kuqi hunted down defenders, Ivan stood and watched. Must have been given a kick in the goolies at half time because his second half performance was a huge improvement on the first.

Disappointed not to see Handling etc

Hamilton play the game on the deck (Billy Reid's influence) as do Hibs so all in all it made for a decent game.

Neds at the back - please DO NOT associate them with S43.

Hibs7
10-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Shame to lose a home game after such a good start.

offshorehibby
10-09-2012, 09:21 PM
my impression was that the youngsters were trying to accommodate the 2 first team players who i was not impressed with. When they both went off there was a marked improvement in the way the whole team played.
When Sproule & Kuqi went off you could see and hear the difference. The youngsters were a lot more vocal as if they were over awed with Sproule & Kuqi in the side.
I know we need to give 1st team players some game time but i would have rather seen Caldwell & Handling on the park instead of that pair.

oconnors_strip
10-09-2012, 09:44 PM
my impression was that the youngsters were trying to accommodate the 2 first team players who i was not impressed with. When they both went off there was a marked improvement in the way the whole team played.
When Sproule & Kuqi went off you could see and hear the difference. The youngsters were a lot more vocal as if they were over awed with Sproule & Kuqi in the side.
I know we need to give 1st team players some game time but i would have rather seen Caldwell & Handling on the park instead of that pair.

:agree::agree:

Twiglet
10-09-2012, 09:58 PM
My take on tonight

Liked the look of David Gold and (after a dodgy first ten minutes) Andrew Black at right back.

Kuqi worked his socks off for the whole time he was on the park and so if the object of the exercise was to give him meaningful game time it worked a treat.

First half Ivan looked disinterested and frankly quite lazy. As Kuqi hunted down defenders, Ivan stood and watched. Must have been given a kick in the goolies at half time because his second half performance was a huge improvement on the first.

Disappointed not to see Handling etc

Hamilton play the game on the deck (Billy Reid's influence) as do Hibs so all in all it made for a decent game.

Neds at the back - please DO NOT associate them with S43.

Agree with most of this Jonnyboy.

The player I liked the look of most was Harris, he's got some skills.
Andrew Black got caught out a couple of times going back, but thought he did look good going forward. Is a left back, or more of a wing back in the making?

Jonnyboy
10-09-2012, 10:01 PM

Andrew Black got caught out a couple of times going back, but thought he did look good going forward. Is a left back, or more of a wing back in the making?

TBH Twiglet I don't really know. I just recall that the Hamilton No. 11 James(ie) Wilson ripped him early doors but once Andrew sussed him out the winger rarely got the better of him. O'Connor's Strip will keep us right though :greengrin

Billy
10-09-2012, 10:04 PM

It was Crane at left back. He's only just turned 16 and looks to be a cracking player. He had a really good game last week against Motherwell.
Comes from a good area of the city too ;-)

oconnors_strip
10-09-2012, 10:05 PM
TBH Twiglet I don't really know. I just recall that the Hamilton No. 11 James(ie) Wilson ripped him early doors but once Andrew sussed him out the winger rarely got the better of him. O'Connor's Strip will keep us right though :greengrin

have only seen andy play a few times so cant really say much about him just now:wink:

Jonnyboy
10-09-2012, 10:07 PM
have only seen andy play a few times so cant really say much about him just now:wink:

:greengrin Keep us posted though N :wink:

oconnors_strip
10-09-2012, 10:12 PM
It was Crane at left back. He's only just turned 16 and looks to be a cracking player. He had a really good game last week against Motherwell.

both the left and right backs had better games last week, but both very young and have alot to learn (and grow!)

Billy
10-09-2012, 10:15 PM
both the left and right backs had better games last week, but both very young and have alot to learn (and grow!)

I grew up with Cranes parents and they are both tall. Hopefully he will sprout soon :-)

Twiglet
10-09-2012, 10:16 PM

He did get it sorted and ran a couple of rings round Wilson too.

Didn't realise he was so young. Hopefully he'll have plenty of opportunity to develop in the squad.

As I said before the Hamilton number 2 impressed me too, he's only 17 too.

Jonnyboy
10-09-2012, 10:17 PM
He did get it sorted and ran a couple of rings round Wilson too.

Didn't realise he was so young. Hopefully he'll have plenty of opportunity to develop in the squad.

As I said before the Hamilton number 2 impressed me too, he's only 17 too.

And me :agree: His name's McCue (one to watch maybe)

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-09-2012, 10:46 PM
is the boy harris not a player?

Jonnyboy
10-09-2012, 10:48 PM
is the boy harris not a player?

He is, aye. Had an excellent second half IMO :agree:

maturehibby
11-09-2012, 09:27 AM
No Caldwell or Handling playing last night - sorely missed as was Stanton who I know was with the Scotland under 19's .
I thought the Hamilton goalkeeper was outstanding throughout and he won the game for them with several outstanding stops .
Black on the right for us looks a prospect too .
Was sitting about 20 rows back in the Stand and the water was pouring in and the dripping fairly got through and I had to move seats .
Needs repaired as the season ticket holder in that seat is in for a few soakings this season

18/03/07
11-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Twice Ivan was 1 on 1 with goalkeeper,Harris also was 1 on 1 with goalkeeper,Horribine had a good shot saved by the goalkeeper,he also put 1 just past the post after a good bit of football in the box,Ivan;s penalty was poor,but credit to Hamiltons goalie for saving it.

oconnors_strip
11-09-2012, 09:53 AM
No Caldwell or Handling playing last night - sorely missed as was Stanton who I know was with the Scotland under 19's .
I thought the Hamilton goalkeeper was outstanding throughout and he won the game for them with several outstanding stops .
Black on the right for us looks a prospect too .
Was sitting about 20 rows back in the Stand and the water was pouring in and the dripping fairly got through and I had to mIove seats .
Needs repaired as the season ticket holder in that seat is in for a few soakings this season

Sam Stanton was actually sitting in the stand with Caldwell watching the game

PatHead
11-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Who was the Hibs no 4 last night?

Billy
11-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Who was the Hibs no 4 last night?

Harry Monaghan

ronaldo7
11-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Sam Stanton was actually sitting in the stand with Caldwell watching the game

:agree: Sitting having a blether with Gary Mackay:lolyam:

Harris looked decent for me, and I thought the guys looked better when Shefki and Ivan went off. They became very vocal.

Fenlon sitting in the main stand with two others, watching points.

I also loved the two lassies down the front with Section 43 scarfs on giving it laldy. Well done girls. Good song choices.:thumbsup: