PDA

View Full Version : Best players in past 30 or so years?

HibeeMassive
07-09-2012, 01:50 PM
In work today, been discussing the hall of fame event coming up and it got us chatting about Sauzee.

Myself and a fellow Hibby were discussing how Sauzee was the best player ever to have pulled on a green jersey in our lifetime and better than anything they've ever had across the town. Not just a great player, but a true professional and a gent also.

The token jambo has suggested that Craig Levein was probably the best player he has seen in a maroon jersey.

We obviously know the concenus on here will be that (rightly!) Sauzee was better than anything they've had, and always will be.. but, are there any other serious contenders in the past 30 years on either team who would be better, or even come close?

Golden Bear
07-09-2012, 01:54 PM
If Turnbull's Tornadoes qualify under the label of "30 years or so" then I'd nominate the entire team for inclusion.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 02:19 PM
In the last 30 years, perfect for me, Collins and Goram reach those lofty heights!

Killiehibbie
07-09-2012, 02:21 PM
If Turnbull's Tornadoes qualify under the label of "30 years or so" then I'd nominate the entire team for inclusion.That would need to be 40 or so years. Collins would be my choice followed by Goram.

Skanko79
so many, Sauzee, Latapy, Goram, Collins.............

HUTCHYHIBBY
If Turnbull's Tornadoes qualify under the label of "30 years or so" then I'd nominate the entire team for inclusion.

How could they qualify, would open it up a tad though!

HibeeMassive
07-09-2012, 02:23 PM

Yeah mate, you can nominate whoever you like .. I havent seen much footage from back then but I'm just genuinely interested if there are any comparisons to what us early-30's would class as 'the best' (from either team).

There are a number of obvious contenders in a Hibs jersey from the 50's, 60s & 70's when we were a force to be reckoned with. My early memories are of Alan Sneddon and Tortolano, so I haven't got much to fall back on :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 02:23 PM
That would need to be 40 or so years. Collins would be my choice followed by Goram.

Obviously a good selection! lol

Killiehibbie
07-09-2012, 02:24 PM
In the last 30 years, perfect for me, Collins and Goram reach those lofty heights!I'll need to learn to type a bit faster:greengrin

Golden Bear
07-09-2012, 02:24 PM
How could they qualify, would open it up a tad though!

"or so" - a matter of interpretation I suppose.

:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 02:25 PM
I would throw McGinlay in too, vastly underrated by most @ ER.

Oh aye, and Riordan too! Maybe even K Dalglish ;-)

Golden Bear
07-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Alan Rough - a real class act between the sticks (signed 1982 - 30 years exactly this time :greengrin)

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Jim Leighton too! Mr Williams thats three good names for you to live up to so far!

IFONLY
07-09-2012, 02:33 PM
I would throw McGinlay in too, vastly underrated by most @ ER.

Oh aye, and Riordan too! Maybe even K Dalglish ;-)

Mc Ginlay for me too always thought he never got the recognition he deserved. Possibly Darren Jackson!!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Latapy is to Sauzee what Ronaldo is to Messi, you've got to feel a wee bit sorry for him!

hibsbollah
07-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Id say only four. Sauzee Latapy Collins and Goram. McGinlay, Riordan, Leighton, Scott Brown and a few others are a category below IMO.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Mc Ginlay for me too always thought he never got the recognition he deserved. Possibly Darren Jackson!!!

This is a bit off topic, but, anyone that can finish top league scorer in a season for Celtic from midfield must be doing something right, doubt it had happened before, doubt it'll happen again.

HibeeMG
07-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Id say only four. Sauzee Latapy Collins and Goram. McGinlay, Riordan, Leighton, Scott Brown and a few others are a category below IMO.

I'd agree with that.

Makes you wonder how many categories below players like Alan O'Brien would be!

Northernhibee
07-09-2012, 02:44 PM
If Sparky gets his head down, doesn't follow in the way of Garry or Deeks and sticks with the club for a few more seasons we could well be reminiscing about him tearing up the pitch at ER in a few decades time. Needs to play regular first team football in front of a crowd who adores him right now I think, and we're the club for that.

Apart from that, Latapy, Collins, Sauzee, Goram, Leighton.

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Collins for me, scored one of my favourite goals ever at Hamilton. I can still see him to this day on that mazy run, before rocketing ball into top corner.....

Liked McGinlay, Rae, Weir and Wright, but Collins still stands out for me.....

Goram was the best keeper I have seen at Easter Road, but now he is a fat bigotted hun, so gets no vote from me......:wink:

brog
07-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Michael O'Neill was a class act & I have to admit that my bete noire, Mogadon Miller, had a spell when we had some wonderful entertainment provided by likes of MON, Crunchie, Keith, Kevin Harper, Darren J & Pat M. They would all make my list along with Roughie & Leighton.

Geo_1875
07-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Archibald wasn't around too long but was different class at the time.

Baldy Foghorn
07-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Archibald wasn't around too long but was different class at the time.

He was, always remember him scoring twice when Roughie was in goals for the tic....And the tynie goal will always be heralded, his arms aloft whilst we went mental behind the goals.......

EdinMike
07-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Jim Leighton too! Mr Williams thats three good names for you to live up to so far!

Budgie anyone ? I always loved wee Micky Weir when I was a kid, But Sauzee for me.

Killiehibbie
07-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Add Durie to my previous 2.

Stevie Reid
07-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Michael O'Neill would be my honourable mention in addition to the usual suspects.

hibees 7062
07-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Sauzee Latapy Collins and Goram :aok:

hibsbollah
07-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Add Durie to my previous 2.

See, if you include the likes of Durie, who was only here for a season and a bit, you have to include Benji as well, who scored more goals in his one breakout season than Durie and was pivotal in our cup win. (fwiw i remember being at duries home debut when he signed from east fife and there was a big buzz about him on the terraces). Personally neither of them would be anywhere near my first Hibs XI of the last 30 years...

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 03:15 PM
A .net thread full of Hibee love, doesnae happen too often, well done the OP!

Mon Dieu4
07-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Sauzee, latapy, wright, goram, leighton and Riordan that is all

Going by what they actually did for Hibs on the pitch then Deek is more deserving than any of them as he will have won us more games, although Goram and Leightons saves probably saved us a few

Sauzee is my all time hero, but Latapy is the best player I've seen play for us

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 03:18 PM
See, if you include the likes of Durie, who was only here for a season and a bit, you have to include Benji as well, who scored more goals in his one breakout season and was pivotal in our cup win. Personally neither would be anywhere near my first Hibs XI of the last 30 years...

Good point! W Irvine and S Cowan would deserve a place in that criteria!

JustSimplyHibs
07-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Always liked Tommy McIntyre or Graham Mitchell as well as Gordon Rae.

All time favs were Michael O'Neill and Darren Jackson (his goal at Tynie against Utd in the Semi and Anderlecht, very good goals)

George McCluskey is another name that springs to mind along with Stevie Cowan and Gordon Durie...more recently other than the usual suspects John O'Neil ir Matty Jack. Stuart Lovell was a good wee player, always thought him no playing against Septic in the SFCorruptA Cup of 2001 was gonna be our downfall.

There's a few names however how do you class a Legend?

Hibrandenburg
07-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Defender-Sauzee
Midfielder-Latapy
Forward-Fletcher

hibsbollah
07-09-2012, 03:27 PM
I'd agree with that.

Makes you wonder how many categories below players like Alan O'Brien would be!
I'd say there should be twelve categories of players :agree: As well as the top tier bottom tier (AOB etc) and all the tiers inbetween, you need a special 'unseen' category just for Brian Kerr and Amadou gets a level all to himself.

Killiehibbie
07-09-2012, 03:37 PM
See, if you include the likes of Durie, who was only here for a season and a bit, you have to include Benji as well, who scored more goals in his one breakout season than Durie and was pivotal in our cup win. (fwiw i remember being at duries home debut when he signed from east fife and there was a big buzz about him on the terraces). Personally neither of them would be anywhere near my first Hibs XI of the last 30 years...That's why he was gone so quick. How many goals did he set up for Cowan? I remember decent money being mentioned for Cowan after he scored 20 odd goals, I said we should take it as most of them were laid on a plate for him by Durie and he would score far less when playing with a lesser partner.

green glory
07-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Defender - Brazil
Midfield - De Graff
Forward - Morrow

Glorious in green and white!

HibeeMassive
07-09-2012, 03:44 PM
It's funny how over the years we forget about players who, in their day, were very highly regarded.

McGinlay, Cowan & Archibald are probably three of the ones which wouldn't have jumped to mind straight away, but were all favourites of mine at the time..It's certainly given plenty ammo for discussion in here this afternoon!

The best he can come up with from a Hearts persuasion (from our generation) is Levein, Colin Cameron, Fyssas and of course Skachel :rolleyes: Even he couldn't bring himself to include Medals MacKay though! :greengrin

And he's adamant Fyssas was a better all round player than Sauzee ..... :fenlon

hibsbollah
07-09-2012, 03:53 PM
That's why he was gone so quick. How many goals did he set up for Cowan? I remember decent money being mentioned for Cowan after he scored 20 odd goals, I said we should take it as most of them were laid on a plate for him by Durie and he would score far less when playing with a lesser partner.

Ive had a play on fitba stats and wiki :greengrin

Cowan was the countrys top scorer for Hibs in 85/86 with 28 goals, Durie had 14. Durie was sold to Chelsea in April, and the following season Cowan only got FOUR goals despite playing regilarly, and was shipped out to Motherwell.

Which suggests youre right that Cowan probably benefitted from playing next to Durie (no assists stats in the 80s).

JustSimplyHibs
07-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Dad just shouted through, Arthur Duncan finished with Hibs in the early 80s, scored 2 in the famous and history making derby of 73....he also mentions the late Eric Schaedler finished up with Hibs roughly the same time and Bobby Smith - he was on loan during the early 80s only played 15 or so game however played well over 150 games for Hibs in the 70s...he also said Gordon Hunter is worth a shout, played over 300 games and end that run!

hibsbollah
07-09-2012, 03:57 PM
It's funny how over the years we forget about players who, in their day, were very highly regarded.

McGinlay, Cowan & Archibald are probably three of the ones which wouldn't have jumped to mind straight away, but were all favourites of mine at the time..It's certainly given plenty ammo for discussion in here this afternoon!

The best he can come up with from a Hearts persuasion (from our generation) is Levein, Colin Cameron, Fyssas and of course Skachel :rolleyes: Even he couldn't bring himself to include Medals MacKay though! :greengrin

And he's adamant Fyssas was a better all round player than Sauzee ..... :fenlon

:hilarious My yam pal is the same, said Fyssas was better than Sauzee. When i realised he was serious I laughed right in his face. Ludicrous.

Mon Dieu4
07-09-2012, 04:00 PM
:hilarious My yam pal is the same, said Fyssas was better than Sauzee. When i realised he was serious I laughed right in his face. Ludicrous.

Fyssas sent off again!!

hibsbollah
07-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Fyssas sent off again!!

:hilarious

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Fyssas is funny, I'd let them an entry for Robertson and Skacel if we are going to be reasonable.

Golden Bear
07-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Can't think of there being many nominees from the Hibs teams of the last 5 years. :rolleyes:

Only Rob Jones is worth consideration imo.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Defender - Brazil
Midfield - De Graff
Forward - Morrow

Glorious in green and white!

Brazil and Morrow are very harsh tongue in cheek victims! Bennie's hat trick at ER v Celtic surely takes any piss-take well out his range!

hibbybrian
07-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Dad just shouted through, Arthur Duncan finished with Hibs in the early 80s, scored 2 in the famous and history making derby of 73....he also mentions the late Eric Schaedler finished up with Hibs roughly the same time and Bobby Smith - he was on loan during the early 80s only played 15 or so game however played well over 150 games for Hibs in the 70s...he also said Gordon Hunter is worth a shout, played over 300 games and end that run!

Tell your Dad that he knows a good player when he sees one :thumbsup:

allezsauzee
07-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Goram, Collins, Latapy and Sauzee are the stand outs for me. Sadly i think we have very little chance of seeing quality like that back at Easter Road

Ray_
07-09-2012, 05:01 PM

And you can also add George Best.

Golden Bear
07-09-2012, 05:06 PM
And you can also add George Best.

Yip.

I suppose he can be classified as a Hibs player as opposed to having played for Hibs.

PatHead
07-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Ive had a play on fitba stats and wiki :greengrin

Cowan was the countrys top scorer for Hibs in 85/86 with 28 goals, Durie had 14. Durie was sold to Chelsea in April, and the following season Cowan only got FOUR goals despite playing regilarly, and was shipped out to Motherwell.

Which suggests youre right that Cowan probably benefitted from playing next to Durie (no assists stats in the 80s).

I always thought Cowan did best when Bobby Thompson was in the team and was never the same once Thompson got his (3month?) suspension for pushing a linesman. If I remember Stevie Cowan got almost all his goals before Christmas. Will stand corrected though.......

Golden Bear
07-09-2012, 05:12 PM
I always thought Cowan did best when Bobby Thompson was in the team and was never the same once Thompson got his (3month?) suspension for pushing a linesman. If I remember Stevie Cowan got almost all his goals before Christmas. Will stand corrected though.......

I forgot about that guy. He was one of these players who seem to "hang in the air" when he jumped and was an absolutely brilliant header of the ball.

neilmartinrocks
07-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Can't think of there being many nominees from the Hibs teams of the last 5 years. :rolleyes:

Only Rob Jones is worth consideration imo.

David Murphy?

3pm
07-09-2012, 05:18 PM

Scott Brown is never in the same category as Riordan. Just my opinion of course! :o)

Golden Bear
07-09-2012, 05:22 PM
David Murphy?

Yip.

We've certainly not had many good left backs since the Schaedler era.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Scott Brown is never in the same category as Riordan. Just my opinion of course! :o)

As long u think he is at a lower level than Riordan u r quite correct!

erin go bragh
07-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Here goes
--------------------------------Goram-----------------------------

---------Laursen----------SAUZEE----------Murphy-------------

----Brown---------Collins--------Latapy-----Best--------------

-------Fletcher -------Archibald-------Riordan------------------

Subs
Weir, Crunchie, O'neil , Durie, Mcginlay,Rough

neilmartinrocks
07-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Here goes
--------------------------------Goram-----------------------------

---------Laursen----------SAUZEE----------Murphy-------------

----Brown---------Collins--------Latapy-----Best--------------

-------Fletcher -------Archibald-------Riordan------------------

Subs
Weir, Crunchie, O'neil , Durie, Mcginlay,Rough

Christ, I would kill for that team the now!!
:aok:

hibsbollah
07-09-2012, 06:28 PM

I think Thompson got his mammoth ban (SEVEN months) the season before that. Good article about him and his talented relative here...

http://m.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/hibee-hollie-makes-bad-boy-so-proud-1-2157499

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player_games.php?playerid=845&page=3

How good is fitbastats.com by the way? Did we really beat Killie 8-1 at ER in 1982? :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Aye, 2nd of April, without checking!

PatHead
07-09-2012, 07:42 PM
I think Thompson got his mammoth ban (SEVEN months) the season before that. Good article about him and his talented relative here...

http://m.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/hibee-hollie-makes-bad-boy-so-proud-1-2157499

How good is fitbastats.com by the way? Did we really beat Killie 8-1 at ER in 1982? :greengrin

Thanks amazing how mind plays tricks.:aok:

Jonnyboy
07-09-2012, 07:52 PM

Aye, 2nd of April, without checking!

Nearly right Hutchy - it was 2 April 1983 :thumbsup:

Scorers BOBBY THOMSON (2), WILLIE IRVINE (2), ARTHUR DUNCAN, GORDON RAE, JACKIE McNAMARA, PAT McCURDY

JohnStephens91
07-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Sauzee, Latapy, Riordan, Laursen, O'Connor (first spell), Murphy and Andersson in the past 10 years for us IMO

Latapy1911
08-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Latapy for me was one of the most naturally talented players ever to play SPL and is my Favourite Ever Hibs Player,

Sauzee is my next Favourite for obvious reasons, Love players who aren't fast but have the genius football brain.

Other players I liked were Michael O'Neill, Darren Jackson, Kevin McAlister, Rob Jones and David Murphy. They were all solid UK Players who could play for a Mid/Lower EPL in their prime.

I couldn't really get into our recent talent, Of O'Connor, Riordan, Fletcher(proven me wrong) Whittaker etc and have lost the interested I used to have back in the early 2000s.

I got little excited with Zemamma and Benji but you know us nowadays, If you have any talent at all, you get sold!

The Harp
08-09-2012, 03:16 PM
IMHO, any list of our top players in the last 30 years should surely include Jackie Macnamara. Considering the circumstances surrounding his arrival at the Club (the deal which saw the great Pat Stanton going to Celtic) the affection he was held in at ER was nothing of amazing.
A great servant to the Hibs and a lovely guy who still loves the Club.

cabbageandribs1875
08-09-2012, 05:09 PM

Scorers BOBBY THOMSON (2), WILLIE IRVINE (2), ARTHUR DUNCAN, GORDON RAE, JACKIE McNAMARA, PAT McCURDY

off topic a bit, but i was reading an article in the west lothian courier a couple of months back and there was an article about bobbie's 25 year old daughter Hollie, resplendent in her hibs top, and playing midfield in the hibs ladies team :greengrin she had been called up for the Engerlund team(born in England) but opted for Scotland instead :cb just thought i'd say that :)

Jonnyboy
09-09-2012, 08:31 PM
off topic a bit, but i was reading an article in the west lothian courier a couple of months back and there was an article about bobbie's 25 year old daughter Hollie, resplendent in her hibs top, and playing midfield in the hibs ladies team :greengrin she had been called up for the Engerlund team(born in England) but opted for Scotland instead :cb just thought i'd say that :)

She'll be fine (as long as she keeps well away from linesmen) :greengrin

ballengeich
09-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Brazil and Morrow are very harsh tongue in cheek victims! Bennie's hat trick at ER v Celtic surely takes any piss-take well out his range!

No - it was a friendly. They let him do it so that he'd be playing against them in the next serious game. That's the type of club they are.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-09-2012, 09:27 PM
No - it was a friendly. They let him do it so that he'd be playing against them in the next serious game. That's the type of club they are.

Aye, OK then!

frazeHFC
09-09-2012, 09:30 PM
My first memories of Hibs are of the 98/99 season, so judging on the players i have got to see the best have been Sauzee and Latapy, and i can't ignore Riordan as a lot of his goals were second to none.

IWasThere2016
09-09-2012, 09:40 PM

1-1 at HT IIRC, and we went mental second half! Great stuff :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
09-09-2012, 09:42 PM
1-1 at HT IIRC, and we went mental second half! Great stuff :thumbsup:

Petrie!!!!!!!!!!! Bring back the slope :grr::take that

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-09-2012, 09:55 PM
David Murphy is the best player in that position that I have seen at Hibs. Riordan is the best natural finisher that Hibs have had in my time at least.

HibbyAndy
09-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Latapy, Sauzee , Riordan.

In any order you want these are the best 3 players in my life time ive seen at Easter rd.

To be a Hibs fan and score over a 100 goals for Us says it all, Screamers aswell. Derek Riordan is and will always be my favourite ever Hibs player.

King Paddy
10-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Latapy is to Sauzee what Ronaldo is to Messi, you've got to feel a wee bit sorry for him!

Watched Hibs for close on 54 years but in the last 30yrs no brainer wee Russell Latapy genius.

weecounty hibby
10-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Can't believe that these threads keep appearing and folk keep on ignoring one of the most talented players at ER in the last few decades. The one and only Alexander Hector McMillan McLeod. One of my all time Hibs heroes was Ally. 99 goals ( I think) for Hibs in teams that were mostly pish. He had his faults but what a player he could be on his day.

Jonnyboy
10-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Can't believe that these threads keep appearing and folk keep on ignoring one of the most talented players at ER in the last few decades. The one and only Alexander Hector McMillan McLeod. One of my all time Hibs heroes was Ally. 99 goals ( I think) for Hibs in teams that were mostly pish. He had his faults but what a player he could be on his day.

You thunk right :greengrin

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player.php?playerid=786

Massively under-rated

Macaroon
10-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Latapy, Sauzee , Riordan.

In any order you want these are the best 3 players in my life time ive seen at Easter rd.

To be a Hibs fan and score over a 100 goals for Us says it all, Screamers aswell. Derek Riordan is and will always be my favourite ever Hibs player.

I'm still determined to find footage of every Hibernian goal he's ever scored and make a montage. Will take a bloody age though.

Peevemor
10-09-2012, 11:05 PM
My early heros were Jackie Mac & Ally McLeod but try as I might, I just can't see past Sauzée.

This seems like a good opportunity to get my video out. :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0NJm-H6t58

silverhibee
11-09-2012, 02:00 AM
I'm still determined to find footage of every Hibernian goal he's ever scored and make a montage. Will take a bloody age though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spQ3ihnxWNU :aok:

FitbaFolkKen
11-09-2012, 03:30 AM
I loved Michael O Neill, great player comfortable with the ball at his feet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvgDNxueTtA&feature=player_embedded

al bundy
11-09-2012, 01:26 PM
russell latapy head and sholders better than anything ive seen at easter road in my time

Golden Bear
11-09-2012, 04:53 PM

Massively under-rated

:agree:

He polarised the Hibs support. A natural and gifted player in my opinion but a fat lazy barsteward in the eyes of others.

Who would be a Hibs player?!

:greengrin

Peevemor
11-09-2012, 04:59 PM

Massively under-rated

According to that, he was never booked in 276 appearances - that'd be impossible now.

Jonnyboy
11-09-2012, 09:57 PM
According to that, he was never booked in 276 appearances - that'd be impossible now.

Mainly because he hardly moved, let alone tackled :greengrin

Seriously though, it's a proud record to hold :agree:

PatHead
11-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Scored one of the best Hibs goals I ever saw with a free kick against Dundee.

Hibrandenburg
12-09-2012, 06:47 AM
Ally came to Hibs from Southhampton who must have an academy sponsored by "Mars", due to them having a seemingly endless supply of similar er...... styled players.

Whilst I'm not suprised that Ally doesn't pop up more often on the "best player" threads, however I'm surprised that he doesn't appear on more "Favourite player" threads.

Ray_
12-09-2012, 07:40 AM
Ally came to Hibs from Southhampton who must have an academy sponsored by "Mars", due to them having a seemingly endless supply of similar er...... styled players.

Whilst I'm not suprised that Ally doesn't pop up more often on the "best player" threads, however I'm surprised that he doesn't appear on more "Favourite player" threads.

Southampton had bought him from St Mirren around a year or so earlier for around 40k.

Jonnyboy
12-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Southampton had bought him from St Mirren around a year or so earlier for around 40k.

IIRC on the back of him sticking four in one game past some Glasgow outfit, since defunct and I don't mean Third Lanark :greengrin