PDA

View Full Version : The Bounce

S.sct
06-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Always have a wee read through the threads on the bounce and occasionally post. Recently noted that all seems to have gone very quiet over there. Is everybody congragating over here at .net or have bouncers nothing to say??????

Pretty Boy
06-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Noticed that as well. Very strange.

I like the bounce for a read but very rarely post over there and haven't for a year or so. It's like Hibs.net is my local and the bounce is a pub at the other end of the road that's decent enough but I just never bother popping in for a drink anymore.

.Sean.
06-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Bounce has always been quiet. Not a patch on this place.

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2012, 08:59 PM
i used the bounce for my hibs fix when the server went down on here last week :flag:

S.sct
06-09-2012, 09:04 PM
There's some good posters over there that certainly know their stuff so not a .net snob by any means. Can't remember it this quiet though.

EdinMike
06-09-2012, 09:04 PM
My Brother is a Bounce user and I'm .net, typical Brothers. Seems even with our love of Hibs we can still find something to disagree about :greengrin

Gatecrasher
06-09-2012, 09:11 PM
I like the bounce but just IMO the threads often turn into banter between groups of people that seem to know each other and sway off topic, not a complaint but just something i feel happens. Also the pie stand just isnt the same as it used to be.

Carheenlea
06-09-2012, 09:11 PM
I've not looked in for a while, but looked at Real Hibs.net the other day when I clicked link thinking I was coming in here, now that's what you call quiet! Think there are threads from May still on first page.

nonshinyfinish
06-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Lack of investment. Farmer needs to ***** or get off the pot.

S.sct
06-09-2012, 09:15 PM
I've not looked in for a while, but looked at Real Hibs.net the other day when I clicked link thinking I was coming in here, now that's what you call quiet! Think there are threads from May still on first page.

Gave up with Real Hibs.net a while ago.

fat freddy
06-09-2012, 11:02 PM
like many posters i stopped posting on the bounce after being accused of being an undercover jambo due to my habit of refering to the yams as 'hearts' (its an age thing)...there are a good few posters on the bounce, such as dub, piltonstanny and stretch to name a few but i prefer .net as its busier and theres more factual information on the club due to the amount of posters that have inside information of the inner sanctum at east mains...i particulary enjoy reading about the alcohol and drug problems that the first team squad suffer from as they rampage along george street every saturday night as it makes me realise that there are people much worse off than myself..the bounce, on the other hand is full of conjecture, innuendo and downright lies when the first team squad is being discussed.

Lucius Apuleius
07-09-2012, 07:09 AM
Both brilliant sites. Both different and both enjoyable in different ways.

Jack
07-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Both brilliant sites. Both different and both enjoyable in different ways.

Agreed.

What I would say about the Bounce is there seems to be a willingness to meet one another, mostly in the Harp and Castle, that you don't get on dotnet and maybe this leads to what Gatecrasher is referring to.

There are threads on here about drinking in Tamson's before and after games but with the exception of one or two folk I have no idea who they are.

Not a criticism just an observation - like the Bounce is quiet.

Judas Iscariot
07-09-2012, 08:51 AM
They've got major issues with this place over there...

On more than one occassion myself and Mister P have tried to post an advert fao "Hibs Fans wanted to play for Hibs supporters team" but every single time we've tried to post the thread admin either dingy it or delete it...

Pathetic IMO :rolleyes:

wearethehibs
07-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Bounce is better ;)

Judas Iscariot
07-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Bounce is better ;)

:bye:

Gatecrasher
07-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Agreed.

What I would say about the Bounce is there seems to be a willingness to meet one another, mostly in the Harp and Castle, that you don't get on dotnet and maybe this leads to what Gatecrasher is referring to.

There are threads on here about drinking in Tamson's before and after games but with the exception of one or two folk I have no idea who they are.

I was just referring to a lot of threads that start off on a Hibs related topic often turn into banter between pals. I dont have a problem with this and i still post on there on a semi regular basis, Jamie seems like a good guy as well :agree:

Steve20
07-09-2012, 12:07 PM
They've got major issues with this place over there...
:

Clearly not as big an issue as you have with the bounce though.

Enjoy both sites. Usually check the Bounce first though as that's what I've always done.

Judas Iscariot
07-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Clearly not as big an issue as you have with the bounce though.

Enjoy both sites. Usually check the Bounce first though as that's what I've always done.

How do you work that one out pal?

fat freddy
07-09-2012, 01:16 PM

maybe the bit where you call the bounce pathetic ?

HibsMax
07-09-2012, 01:22 PM

I have no axe to grind with ANY fan site but he gave his reasons for saying pathetic. It wasn't a sweeping statement. If I continually had threads removed then I might form the same opinion.

Judas Iscariot
07-09-2012, 01:22 PM

So to ignore & delete users posts on a Hibs Supporters site advertising for Hibs Supporters interested in playing for a Hibs Supporters team because they mainly use .net isn't pathetic?!!

Sound :aok:

oldbutdim
07-09-2012, 01:34 PM
So to ignore & delete users posts on a Hibs Supporters site advertising for Hibs Supporters interested in playing for a Hibs Supporters team because they mainly use .net isn't pathetic?!!

Sound :aok:

I'm sure you asked the admins over there out of courtesy before you posted your ad.
What did they say?
Go ahead - and then remove it?

Or did they just ignore your polite enquiry?

wearethehibs
07-09-2012, 01:36 PM
I prefer the Bounce cause it not obsesed with "yams". A thread about them on here can turn into a 20 pager. Where as the same thread on the Bounce get like 2 pages if you're lucky.

Judas Iscariot
07-09-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm sure you asked the admins over there out of courtesy before you posted your ad.
What did they say?
Go ahead - and then remove it?

Or did they just ignore your polite enquiry?

Tried every combination.. Asked before posting, asked for admin to approve ad, just posted the ad...

Didn't realise we'd need to ask permission to be fair, not like it's a sales ad or an ad for something non Hibs related or some srt of fund raising thing..

Piss poor IMO

oldbutdim
07-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Tried every combination.. Asked before posting, asked for admin to approve ad, just posted the ad...

Didn't realise we'd need to ask permission to be fair, not like it's a sales ad or an ad for something non Hibs related or some srt of fund raising thing..

Piss poor IMO

I'm not an admin over there - I just thought that with the ancient history of rivalry, and your point about the team being mainly hibs.net guys, it would have been the decent thing to do. I don't know how the Hibs.net guys would feel about a Bounce Fitba' Team ad being posted on here.
You've got to be a bit weird to be an admin in my opinion.
:greengrin

If you have done that and still got ignored rather than a response then I've no idea why.
:confused:

SRHibs
07-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Agreed.

Yep, the Bounce is definitely more close-knit. I've found that a lot of people on Hibs.net are indifferent about the Bounce, while on the other side, there's definitely a bit of an inferiority complex, or something that makes a fair amount of Bouncers dislike Hibs.net. Maybe it's because of the reasons behind the site's forming, but then, none of the members of Hibs.net that caused that are even associated with this site anymore, so who knows? It's an OK site, and the Cowshed is certainly interesting, but there's a lot of ***** on the main Hibs forum.

oldbutdim
07-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Yep, the Bounce is definitely more close-knit. I've found that a lot of people on Hibs.net are indifferent about the Bounce, while on the other side, there's definitely a bit of an inferiority complex, or something that makes a fair amount of Bouncers dislike Hibs.net. Maybe it's because of the reasons behind the site's forming, but then, none of the members of Hibs.net that caused that are even associated with this site anymore, so who knows? It's an OK site, and the Cowshed is certainly interesting, but there's a lot of ***** on the main Hibs forum.

Arrogant *******s to a man.
And woman.
:wink:

Judas Iscariot
07-09-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm not an admin over there - I just thought that with the ancient history of rivalry, and your point about the team being mainly hibs.net guys, it would have been the decent thing to do. I don't know how the Hibs.net guys would feel about a Bounce Fitba' Team ad being posted on here.
You've got to be a bit weird to be an admin in my opinion.
:greengrin

If you have done that and still got ignored rather than a response then I've no idea why.
:confused:

Hibeernian AFC were originally the Hibs.net B team, founded by members from here but shortly after the Hibs.net A team ceased to exist then the B Team renamed themselves "Hibeernian"

Now there's less than a handful of guys that play for Hibeernian who use .net!!

Just feel it's a bit shabby of the bounce to do that, at the end of the day Hibeernian are a Hibernian Supporters Team that are always looking to recruit Hibs fans to play, with the bounce deleting/not allowing us to post it's potentially stopping some of their users from coming along to check us out & stopping us from recruiting new players...

I'd have NO issue at all with a team that originated from the bounce or even a Hibees Bounce team posting on here looking for players, I'm pretty sure the rest of .net would be the same...

At the end of the day we're all Hibbies (well, majority of us :cool2:) on these sites and I just thought folk would be more willing to help :rolleyes:

Know better now :aok:

SRHibs
07-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Arrogant *******s to a man.
And woman.
:wink:

Sorry, not trying to incite an argument. :wink:. All I know, is that there's some animosity from Hibeebounce's direction, though where it's bred from, I'm not sure.

S.sct
07-09-2012, 09:00 PM
I prefer the Bounce cause it not obsesed with "yams". A thread about them on here can turn into a 20 pager. Where as the same thread on the Bounce get like 2 pages if you're lucky.

Think both forums are obsessed with Yams......

oldbutdim
07-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Think both forums are obsessed with Yams......

The Bounce doesn't allow such language.

The G u n ts are rarely mentioned.

08-09-2012, 06:35 PM

Piss poor IMO

Which admin did you ask, 'pal'?

A bounce admin.

Steve20
08-09-2012, 06:58 PM

You calling the Bounce pathetic is how I work that one out, "pal"?

I've met a lot of top people through being on the bounce. I'd say the last thing the bounce is, is pathetic.

HNA12
08-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Let's just be happy we have a choice of sites shall we?
Thread closed.