PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Griffiths abducted by alien "spacecraft"

The Green Goblin
05-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Today in a layby near North Berwick, apparently. Don't shoot the messenger...just passing on what I heard.

Cheers.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Today in a layby near North Berwick, apparently. Don't shoot the messenger...just passing on what I heard.

Cheers.

Did the alien have a license for the said craft?

Scònaldò
05-09-2012, 09:19 PM

Cheers.

Just had a text saying the same, strange if true!

nonshinyfinish
05-09-2012, 09:20 PM

Licence. With a 'c' when it's a noun, with an 's' when it's a verb. Honestly, I expect such errors in made-up stories about footballers in the gutter press, but not on .net. :bitchy:

blaikie
05-09-2012, 09:21 PM
I read this in the sun! Hope he's okay!

The Green Goblin

Good question! :agree:

I`m not sure. Someone I have never spoken to before said the local bobbies gave chase for about 20 seconds, but when the craft accelerated to around Mach 4, they gave up.

jonty
was he due the alien £500?

Glory Lurker
Have they brought him back yet, or is he still out in space?

Did they take him to find out what makes his reproductive abilities so superior to the average human's?

neilmartinrocks
05-09-2012, 09:22 PM

Thank **** we dinnae have a game this saturday:greengrin

hibs0666
05-09-2012, 09:22 PM

Cheers.

That's bull****. I saw him circling George Square on Dumbo chasing a jetpack-wearing Jocky Scott. Gen up.

The Green Goblin
05-09-2012, 09:23 PM

I read this in the sun! Hope he's okay!

:faf:

The Green Goblin
05-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Well, I just got a text from a mate who knows someone who was near North Berwick today and apparently, :giruy: this gesture had something to do with it. Maybe a miscommunication, misunderstood by our unknown visitors? :dunno:

robinp
05-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Better get these guys on the case, I doubt L&B finest will be able to handle it!

http://cybermeez.com/mulder-scully/mulder-scully34.jpg

Scònaldò
05-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Now that I think about it I seen a flying object recently in the Livingston area, I'm sure it had a green and white bar scarf oot the windae anol.

Hibby Kay-Yay
05-09-2012, 09:35 PM
This thread is a waste of space...:cb

You should have sat down to planet out more...

There is a good number of posters replying which is creating a bit of an atmosphere on the board...

Fergos
05-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Source?

silverhibee
05-09-2012, 09:37 PM
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=5P3YaNlUKFwC&pg=PT198&lpg=PT198&dq=north+berwick+ufo&source=bl&ots=eAA_htqWNy&sig=cxnAXEOsAc25bmvsIUW5fbOMYQM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=hMVHUOqsIMnE0QXSqYCABw&ved=0CC4Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=north%20berwick%20ufo&f=false

Could be something in this, the sun will let us know tomorrow.

.Sean.
05-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Rumours are rife a moustachioed semi-naked male in his 60's banished said aliens, hovering over the spaceship in a jetpack hollering Beastie boys through a megaphone in the process.

Fully expect this to make front page of the Sun tomorrow :agree::agree:

VickMackie
05-09-2012, 09:43 PM
was he due the alien £500?

:faf:

Glory Lurker
05-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Could be something in this, the sun will let us know tomorrow.

The "newspaper" or the star? "Star" as in the ball of burning gas, not the, er, "newspaper". My chat's collapsing in on itself.....

fatbloke
05-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Sadly East Lothian is full of aliens just ask Brooster or Johnnyboy or Scoopyboy or HibeeMcGinn - they know most of them and may have had a hand or something in the parentage:greengrin

nonshinyfinish
05-09-2012, 09:56 PM
The "newspaper" or the star? "Star" as in the ball of burning gas, not the, er, "newspaper". My chat's collapsing in on itself.....

I always thought that the transfer window SLAMMING SHUT was a sort of football event horizon. Perhaps this year SSN's frenetic transfer orgy actually opened a black hole. In North Berwick.

Northernhibee
05-09-2012, 09:59 PM
http://www.dogthebountyhunter.com/Images/Media/AboutDog2.jpg

Just had this guy at the door asking if I'd seen Leigh, what's he done this time?

Jonnyboy
05-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Sadly East Lothian is full of aliens just ask Brooster or Johnnyboy or Scoopyboy or HibeeMcGinn - they know most of them and may have had a hand or something in the parentage:greengrin

Indeed. Sometimes though it's a bugger having super alien powers. Today I supplanted a message into the collective brain cell of the Hearts support and before I knew it they'd plastered a story about LG all over kickback. :greengrin

Leighonel
Have we got a clause in his contract so we get a percentage of the fee?

Golden Bear
I hope they realise he's not got his pilot's licence.

nonshinyfinish
05-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Have we got a clause in his contract so we get a percentage of the fee?

:agree: And the one after that.

Hibrandenburg
05-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Rubbish. They're just some scouts from Real.

Think about it :greengrin

Fantic
05-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Can somebody check on twitter to see if there's any tweets. I've never tweeted on twitter. Can aliens tweet or do you need a earth address to tweet, on twitter. How do you know 100% if a tweeter is real or it's an alien hacking in and tweeting as somebody else on twitter tweeting about themselves?!!

Viva_Palmeiras
05-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Licence. With a 'c' when it's a noun, with an 's' when it's a verb. Honestly, I expect such errors in made-up stories about footballers in the gutter press, but not on .net. :bitchy:
I don't normally do spelling/grammar (or is it grammer) tests whilst sleep deprived after looking after a 4 week old (not that you'd know) but fire away anyway.

jacomo
05-09-2012, 10:51 PM

An inevitable consequence of Hibs.net evolving to provide an explanation of both everything and nothing at the same time. Don't blame yourself.

:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-09-2012, 11:46 PM
I saw him sitting on a Double Decker arguing with aliens who were trying to give him a hard time for spilling their mates pint, not sure if this happened in a Mars Bar or a Star Bar, but, it was certainly in a Galaxy far, far away ....

Not sure what Topic they were discussing as I alighted the bus, but, its Bounty be in this mornings paper.

Pete
06-09-2012, 12:03 AM
I might be sticking my neck out but here goes.

I'm not sure I believe this.

The Green Goblin
06-09-2012, 12:23 AM
I might be sticking my neck out but here goes.

I'm not sure I believe this.

Shame on you peterdouglas. Let me ask you this- have you seen Leigh Griffiths since this story first broke? Eh? Well have you? They are probably drilling impossibly small holes in his teeth as we speak and there's you doubting away. Are you proud of yourself?

CmoantheHibs
06-09-2012, 02:44 AM
Its all true and has a rational explanation.The abduction was a cunning plan arranged by the Tache and would have been perfect had the aliens got the right man.It was meant to be Danny Galbraith.Pat had been nipping his head about getting more cash and the only way to do it was for someone to go to free up a wage.As the transfer window had slammed shut and he couldnt be moved on in a more conventional manner an abduction seemed the best option.

snooky
06-09-2012, 07:31 AM
Rubbish story.
To begin with, no way aliens could find a parking space in North Berwick.

Twa Cairpets
06-09-2012, 08:04 AM
Frankly, to the OP, I think you're talking oot Uranus. In fact I suspect you're a bit of a Venus
If its true though, we need to appreciate the gravity of the situation. To take one of our stellar talents like that is terrible.

Steve-O
06-09-2012, 08:26 AM

SMAXXA
06-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Guys guys can we change the title of this thread, I have it from a friend in the know, excellent source who has never let me down before that Leigh wasn't infact abducted, you see the transfer window is still open on Mars and Leigh wants to move closer to another one of his kids.

Fact!!!!

SaulGoodman
06-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Apparently the Aliens only had a provisional and that's where the troubles came from.

Mikeystewart
06-09-2012, 09:12 AM

The density of the chat will result in .net becoming some sort of singularity. Check you watches we might be here for a while.

Wilson
06-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Lol. He's gonna get probed.

LeighLoyal
06-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Was he driving on the A70? Serious sh it BTW. :shhhsh!:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1535960/

Hermit Crab
06-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Mulder and Scully spotted in East Lothian as well I'm hearing.:******:

MB62
06-09-2012, 10:40 AM
I don't normally do spelling/grammar (or is it grammer) tests whilst sleep deprived after looking after a 4 week old (not that you'd know) but fire away anyway.

You would :tsk tsk: :wink: :greengrin

--------
06-09-2012, 11:04 AM
I wasn't going to share this with you guys just yet, but since young Leigh's gone and blown his cover and communicated with the mother-ship ...

PSURT PTOM PHAAARRMHAIR is actually a Galactic Time Lord sent to earth from the super-galaxy KKWiKKPHiTT to build an escape ship for 20,421 Chosen Ones against the rapidly approaching moment when the Evil Liths arrive to build a new by-pass right through the heart of the beautiful People's Republic of Leith.

He was accompanied by his faithful comedy side-kick PTASCH. Their mission was to build the escape ship without anyone realising what it really was. Construction began in the early 1990's; it has progressed step by step to the point where all four elements of the structure are in place.

The building has taken longer than first planned because evil entities from the super-nova Ghorghon infiltrated the Planning Department of Edinburgh District Council; they exerted all their evil powers to prevent PSURT PTOM PHAAARRMHAIR and PTASCH from completing their mission.

Evil entity MI LIGGAAANN: http://www.edinburghsucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/maroon_balloon-115x115.jpg

Evil entity MI LIGGAAANN as he TRULY is: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e0/Gollum.PNG/220px-Gollum.PNG

Evil Entity KAR DOUNNEE: http://www.demotix.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/a_scale_large/1100-3/photos/1193543.jpg

Evil entity KAR DOUNNEE as he TRULY is: http://www.keilanluke.com/Jabba-the-Hut-1-749957.jpg

Commander KNUHTSEE's arrival at the escape ship, followed by the appointment of Captain McPake, the Chosen Commander who will navigate to ship to safety, means that time is getting short.

The Evil Liths have already lodged their application to build the bypass. Approval has been given. When the word comes to you as it surely will, via this forum, drop everything and hasten to take your seats in the spaceship that will take you to safety.

On that day His Imperial Majesty Patrick the One and Only will be joined by His Sublimity King Franck the Magnificent and their Warrior Champion Mixu the Mighty to destroy the Evil Liths, rebuild the beautiful People's Republic of Leith, and usher in a Thousand Years of Hibee bliss.

WE SHALL WIN THE SCOTTISH CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until then, stay faithful and await THE WORD!

You really didn't believe all that guff about a new stadium, did you? :devil:

nonshinyfinish
06-09-2012, 11:26 AM

I wasn't serious...

iwasthere1972
06-09-2012, 12:34 PM

Cheers.

The alien obviously thought it was his twin brother.

Hibiza
06-09-2012, 01:05 PM
App communication by sign language.

SMAXXA
06-09-2012, 01:27 PM
I just seen him on the telly, it was a BT advert with Leigh buzzing around the living room...................................Leigh G Phone Home

Bad Martini
06-09-2012, 03:19 PM
This story is clearly 'pish' given the last known aliens to visit earth run like ****, having encountered two mutants whilst here... Apparently Mr McPherson and Mr Fullton were only out for a quiet pint that night, minding their ain business...

:greengrin

blindsummit
06-09-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm afraid this story cannot be true, as I have it on good authority he was meeting with Lord Lucan about buying a stake in Shergar at the time. FACT.

The Green Goblin
06-09-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm afraid this story cannot be true, as I have it on good authority he was meeting with Lord Lucan about buying a stake in Shergar at the time. FACT.

Or was that a "steak" FROM Shergar? Hmmm. Has this whole story just taken a sudden, more sinister cultural twist?

Glory Lurker
06-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Leigh scores for the U21s. Looks like this alien kidnap thing was just made up, and we all fell for it. What a bunch of stupid asteroids.

The Green Goblin
06-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Leigh scores for the U21s. Looks like this alien kidnap thing was just made up, and we all fell for it. What a bunch of stupid asteroids.

Are you sure it was really him? It could have been a "replacement"....

Springbank
07-09-2012, 11:01 AM
If I was an alien I'd want to land in north berwick. Especially after their recent draw against sevco

biggineurope
07-09-2012, 03:10 PM
WTF , this thread is really amusing, but its also a load of pash, Leigha has only returned to Alderan to join forces with Daft Vaders laddie Plook Skywalker to eliminate the threat of Jambo the Hutt and his team of Vlademites.