PDA

View Full Version : Question Is not supporting Craig levein not supporting Scotland

Chris.igoe
05-09-2012, 07:46 PM
I need to know to settle a argument

Chris.igoe
05-09-2012, 07:47 PM
And that was meant to be not supporting Scotland

Sean1875
05-09-2012, 07:48 PM
No. I support Scotland because I am Scottish. I do not support Levein because I do not like Half-witted specky yam fuds.

Seveno
05-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Levein is an arrogant bullying arse. Supporting him would be a disservice to your country.

AlbertK86
05-09-2012, 08:03 PM
The man is a complete erse ... Continually contradicts his owns decisions

He has sapped the passion I used to have for the national team

Chris.igoe
05-09-2012, 08:09 PM
That's What I think . A total yam rat if he won the world cup I would still hate him

HibeeN
05-09-2012, 08:12 PM
No, I don't think so. There are many Scotland supporters who do not like Levein (for reasons other than the Hearts connection) yet still get behind the team and want them to do well. I think you can still support Scotland without necessarily liking or agreeing with the choice of manager and his decisions.

However now and again you see comments from people wishing that Scotland would lose so that it reflects badly on Levein/will lead to him getting sacked etc. Don't agree with this at all - as much as I don't like Levein or how he has handled some situations, I will always want Scotland to win every single game, and if by some miracle Levein manages to guide the team to Rio, then I'll be happy.

Can't understand how any Scotland supporter would want the team to lose just to get rid of Levein.

H18sry
05-09-2012, 08:13 PM
SUPPORT THE TEAM SACK LEVEIN

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag:saltireflag

fat freddy
05-09-2012, 08:44 PM
for the first time in my life i feel indifferent to the national team and its down to the razor dodging tramp that has somehow found himself promoted beyond his abilities to the team manager...im sure at kick off i'll be urging the team on but at the moment im a bit numb when i think of catweezles team...im sad that it has come to this but i feel that he has let the nation down on so many levels and i find it difficult to give this oaf my support.

CB_NO3
05-09-2012, 08:47 PM
I am proud to be Scottish but hate the national football team. I hate the cringey Tartan Army, the*English born players, the SFA and Craig Levein.

Alfred E Newman
05-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Sadly I have little interest in the National team now. I would rather Hibs were at home on Sat .

Sir David Gray
05-09-2012, 08:57 PM
I like to see Scotland win but it doesn't bother me too much if they lose, certainly not in the way that I feel when Hibs lose. In fact, every time there's an international break, I see it as an inconvenience because it means Hibs aren't playing.

However any passion that I did have for the national team has been sucked right out of me over the past couple of years since Levein was appointed.

Cannot stand him and the sooner he vacates his post, the better for all concerned.

To answer your question, not liking Levein is completely different from how you feel about the national team.

silverhibee
05-09-2012, 08:59 PM
What's the crack with Potters new glasses. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/richard-gough-urges-steven-fletcher-1304543

:faf:

Glory Lurker
05-09-2012, 09:00 PM
I have been very disappointed in Levein as I genuinely thought he'd do well for us (I know, I know - yes, I have watched his teams before!). The thing is, I don't know who else we would get as manager that could be sure of improving things. Because of this, much as I amn't happy with him, I certainly don't want us to lose the next two games in the hope he gets the elbow. Who would want to take over for a dead duck campaign? Hell, that's me depressed now!

silverhibee
05-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Sadly I have little interest in the National team now. I would rather Hibs were at home on Sat .

:agree::agree:

neilmartinrocks
05-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Don't think it is. I know a few boys that go to scotland games home and away. And not one of them rates harry potter as a manager.
I'd support the team in spite of him rather than not support the team because of him.
I mean I still mind alex miller...................

Iggy Pope
05-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Been to about 10 Scotland games in my puff. First one in 1980, last one in 2011.
Get excited like a lot of folks watching them in the pub or as an armchair fan.

Support them though? Nah. Find the Tartan Army to be a bunch of self-righteous and self-aggrandising piss artists like John 'Easter Road Never Again' fi Argyle (see previous TA thread thing), busy plotting ridiculous adventures abroad while failing to get behind their local league side, without whom they'd never have had a national side to follow in the first place.

The English wet themselves laughing at our national side and things like Ian Black / Lee Wallace / Steven Fletcher / Andy Driver / David Goodwillie situations make it easy to see why.

Nice if they make Brazil, preferably under a different manager. But they will be ***** no matter what. And have been since 1928.

Big Frank
05-09-2012, 09:09 PM

:agree::agree:

me three.

The national set up is a complete farce. Couldnt give a toss about leveins scotland, much the same a craig broons, the jerry guy etc etc. :zzzzz!::zzzzz!:

specky mcspecky - disaster :giruy::giruy:

Hate international breaks - no Hibs and the weekends are gash:fenlon:fenlon

:jmcp::rockin:

goosefat
05-09-2012, 09:13 PM

I think this is maybe a sign of the times.

I'm not sure why, but it seems like 15-20 years ago people felt that international football really meant something. These days it just seems like a distraction, and not a particularly exiting one, from the real thing - club football.

I am a Scotland supporter but I do find it really hard to get anywhere remotely as enthusiastic about the national team, whoever is in charge, as I do about Hibs. And lets face it, the majority of international football (outside of the top 10 or so ranked teams) is pretty poor and can be eye bleeding to watch at times.

Take a fans poll and I suspect the majority would take their club over Country every time. Personally, I will be glad to get back to ER next week for the 3 points against Kilmarnock, by which time the international side show will have probably been forgotten by most of us.

Fergos
05-09-2012, 09:18 PM
What's the crack with Potters new glasses. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/richard-gough-urges-steven-fletcher-1304543

:faf:

When did Roy "the big O" Orbison get the Ecosse job?

Fife-Hibee
05-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Used 2 follow scotland home and away for many years. Cant even bare to watch them now while that specky jakey cant is in charge !!!

sleeping giant
05-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Most of us don't like him due to him being a yam and the Steven Fletcher situation.

I can see past his yamness and i think Steven Fletcher has been a complete erse and does not deserve to be in the team.

Mon Scotland :flag:

jdships
05-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Have been at a good few Scotland games over the past sixty odd years and can honestly say the manager who ever he was , was never a matter of discussion amongst my mates and myself.
For me the arguments for and against the appointment of a manager started with Bertie Volks.
The fact that HP/CL has Jambo connections is neither here nor there as far as I am concerned .
It's his attitude and lack of ability that turns me off
I have always wanted to see Scotland win but now we have this man managing to create a feeling of negativity with his tactics and team selections I really am not fussed.

:flag:

keep the faith
05-09-2012, 09:37 PM
I have no interest in the national team while he is in charge. He is an utter embarassment with his defensive set ups, biased selections, inconsistant policies, childlike behavior and utter inability to take critisism. When he goes i will care again.

Nando™
05-09-2012, 09:38 PM
The guy doesn't have the slightest idea what he's doing and is a complete hypocrite. I always want Scotland to win but I'm finding it more and more difficult to give a ****.

Bring back Walter Smith.

Saorsa
05-09-2012, 09:46 PM
I have no interest in the national team while he is in charge. He is an utter embarassment with his defensive set ups, biased selections, inconsistant policies, childlike behavior and utter inability to take critisism. When he goes i will care again.:agree:

I'd never wish Scotland tae lose but I've lost all interest with that prick in charge. Everything about him is a total embarrassment tae Scottish fitba. I wouldnae even watch it on the TV now (That game against the Czech Republic was the last) let alone bother going tae a game.

TomoHFC
05-09-2012, 09:49 PM
still supporting the nation :saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

For Craig Levein :fenlon:giruy:

NAE NOOKIE
05-09-2012, 10:10 PM
No ... You dont have to love Craig Levein to still be a true Scotland supporter, course not.

Tell ya what though ..... theres a lot of bollocks posted on here regarding the Scotland v Hibs debate. As far as I'm concerned its a bit like saying you love your mum more than your dad.

If you are a football fan and Scottish that makes you a Scotland supporter. I'm 52 now and I swear that when I was growing up such an argument wouldnt have made any sense to anybody I knew. You supported Scotland no matter what club you supported ... there was no need for a club v country argument, and there still isnt.

Hibs forever

Scotland forever

Its not bloody rocket science FFS !!!

lyonhibs
05-09-2012, 11:16 PM
No-one is bigger than Hibs, and no-one is bigger than Scotland, least of all that absolute toley Craig Levein. I will always support Scotland when they are playing fitba, go to the pub to watch etc, but for the build up and (inevitable) let down, I couldn't care less. That couldn't be said a few years ago, and that is down to Craig Levein. The joy in seeing Scotland remains, but the passion that made me care when Scotland lost has gone - temporarily at least.

basehibby
06-09-2012, 12:43 AM
I need to know to settle a argument

No not at all - if Rod was to tempt Levein away from the Scotland job with a massive salary and transfer kitty would you stop supporting the Hibs? (assuming you didn't die of shock first)

Steve20
06-09-2012, 02:07 AM
If you are a football fan and Scottish that makes you a Scotland supporter.

Not true. I'm Scottish but couldn't care less if Scotland won or lost on Saturday.

ManBearPig
06-09-2012, 05:18 AM
To be fair to the older generation it was a lot easier to support and get excited about scotland when they were qualifying for things. Even when I was younger we made every other tournament. But today's youth have 10 channels of high quality football every day And no international tournaments to watch Scotland in. If Scotland start qualifying again this argument will clear up. Here's hoping for 6 points over the week and a decent crack at Rio!!

Mon Dieu4
06-09-2012, 06:22 AM
No, I don't think so. There are many Scotland supporters who do not like Levein (for reasons other than the Hearts connection) yet still get behind the team and want them to do well. I think you can still support Scotland without necessarily liking or agreeing with the choice of manager and his decisions.

However now and again you see comments from people wishing that Scotland would lose so that it reflects badly on Levein/will lead to him getting sacked etc. Don't agree with this at all - as much as I don't like Levein or how he has handled some situations, I will always want Scotland to win every single game, and if by some miracle Levein manages to guide the team to Rio, then I'll be happy.

Can't understand how any Scotland supporter would want the team to lose just to get rid of Levein.

Sums up my feelings too

Kato
06-09-2012, 07:11 AM
What's the crack with Potters new glasses. :faf:

It's a smal style step towards that chi-chi LRT look favoured by John McGlynn.

Geo_1875
06-09-2012, 07:16 AM
Still support Scotland but lost interest in International football much the same as European competition. How can you get excited about competitions with seeding and 6 team qualifying groups and play-offs. Its all about money and keeping the "big" teams happy.

Bill Milne
06-09-2012, 07:51 AM
I am a regular attendee at Scotland games (both home and away). It has always been the case that there are managers and players that I find it difficult to support or watch. The present incumbent makes it very difficult to like him with his inconsistency and the hypocritical views he spouts. This is nothing to do with his Hertz connection. For example, failing to pick Lee Wallace then picking, and playing, Ian Black simply defied all logic, especially when he was too chicken to justify it in person and sent his glove puppet, Peter Houston, to do the meanigless backtracking.

Northernhibee
06-09-2012, 08:18 AM
I couldn't care less if we get horsed 10-0 in all our games under Potter.

That team does not represent me as a Scotsman, and Potters tactical ineptitude with fielding players with the lone aim of stirring controversy whilst £12m strikers go unpicked mean that I couldn't give a hoot for Potters team of mercenaries and rejects.

ManBearPig
06-09-2012, 09:14 AM
I don't understand the defensive attitude doesn't play to our strengths either. Think our midfield with bannan Brown fletcher (hopefully back soon) is definately good enough to qualify from group

Cabbage_Patch
06-09-2012, 11:51 AM
I support Scotland with every ounce of passion i have regardless of who the manager is. However I honesly have to say i cannot stand the man that is Craig Levien......its nothing to do with the fact hes a yam but more to do with the fact hes a stubborn negative prick.

I wasnt a fan of him getting the job in the first place but i gave him a chance. The moment he played that 4-6-0 against the czechs his fate was sealed, an embarrassment that we will never shake off. The most negative tactics employed in the history internation football i think it was described as.

Furthermore i hate the guy because he seems to put his pride before whats good for the he team? take the Fletcher situtation for example ...yes i know Fletcher was in the wrong but Scotland dosent have many 15 million pound strikers out there and he should at least be putting the feelers that he wants him involved let alone picking up the ****ing phone

What do we get? him burying his head in the sand. The mans an arse

squak
06-09-2012, 11:53 AM
I always Scotland games at home! They will always be our team, regardless of who's in charge, I regularly bump into the easter road tartan army! Have a couple of huge flags and a big group of them! and the tartan army being cringey!? Is t it something Scotland have and nobody else! Proud!

Bad Martini
06-09-2012, 12:34 PM
This one is easy for me.

I am Scottish and having stomached a string of managers (including the traitorous huns who I accept done relatively well), I will always want Scotland, to win. You canny pick the manager. Same as, being a Hibs fan. If our board appoint a fanny (and they have and they will) then do you no longer support Hibs? Do you no longer care if they win? You do. Maybe buried a bit deeper but if youre honest with yourself, you do. If you no longer care, you didnt really care that much in the first place.

Truth.

Bottom line; I despise potter. I hate his selection policy. I hate his tactics and I cannot be doing with his pish excuses and his childish behaviour. He is, a prick. Not cause he is a yam, he is a prick AND an ex-yam. Sometimes go hand in hand, in this case, he would be a prick regardless of his team preference.

During his tenure I have become much less interested in Scotland yet, still want us to win. Always. Reason; he will go eventually. I will still be Scottish and any hammerings we take will only **** up our ranking position which, whether we like it or not, affects our future. So, I want us to succeed.

Potter is a prick all the same but I do hope we win, always. :thumbsup:

MON THE SCOTS

Pretty Boy
06-09-2012, 12:43 PM
I choose to support Hibs.

I'm Scottish but choose not to support Scotland. No big issues I just find international football boring, I can't relate to it and have no interest in it.

I'll spend this weekend on the golf course and look forward to the return of proper football next week.

Tha Cabbage Kid
06-09-2012, 01:50 PM

hahhahahahahahaha!!!!!:not worth

Piqué
06-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Ricky Foster called up. I thought he was crap? :dunno:

silverhibee
06-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Ricky Foster called up. I thought he was crap? :dunno:

A Scotsman being called up for the National team, something no right there. :greengrin

Skanko79
06-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Love how when we do qualify for a tournament like in 96 or 98 EVERYONE is proud to be scottish, wants tickets or heads to the pub to watch the game.

Are you lot that can honestly say you dont give a hoot about the national team really saying that when this happens and we play in a major tournament you dont bother AT ALL with the game and sit at home watching your team that wouldnt die DVD???

find that a wee bit hard to believe, im an uber hibee seeking brownie points springs to mind. get a grip.

--------
06-09-2012, 04:56 PM
A Scotsman being called up for the National team, something no right there. :greengrin

He must have an English granny.

HibbyAndy
06-09-2012, 05:01 PM
I choose to support Hibs.

I'm Scottish but choose not to support Scotland. No big issues I just find international football boring, I can't relate to it and have no interest in it.

I'll spend this weekend on the golf course and look forward to the return of proper football next week.

This is exactly my take on it to.

Im just not interested in international football one bit. I hate when its International weekend as the real fitba takes a back seat!.

erin go bragh
06-09-2012, 06:11 PM
I support Scotland with every ounce of passion i have regardless of who the manager is. However I honesly have to say i cannot stand the man that is Craig Levien......its nothing to do with the fact hes a yam but more to do with the fact hes a stubborn negative prick.

I wasnt a fan of him getting the job in the first place but i gave him a chance. The moment he played that 4-6-0 against the czechs his fate was sealed, an embarrassment that we will never shake off. The most negative tactics employed in the history internation football i think it was described as.

Furthermore i hate the guy because he seems to put his pride before whats good for the he team? take the Fletcher situtation for example ...yes i know Fletcher was in the wrong but Scotland dosent have many 15 million pound strikers out there and he should at least be putting the feelers that he wants him involved let alone picking up the ****ing phone

What do we get? him burying his head in the sand. The mans an arse
This :agree: the man is a total erse

Hainan Hibs
06-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Will be great to see who climbs out the woodwork if Scotland get to Rio.:agree:

Keith_M
06-09-2012, 06:35 PM
When I was young, it was a lot easier to be interested in international football as Scotland actually had some genuinely world class players. As the quality of player has gradually worsened, I've kinda been losing interest.

If I thought it likely I would see some reasonable quality football from half-decent Scottish players, I might be tempted to watch. However, that's not been the case for so long that I really don't care anymore.

scoopyboy
06-09-2012, 07:13 PM
This is exactly my take on it to.

Im just not interested in international football one bit. I hate when its International weekend as the real fitba takes a back seat!.

My take on it as well.

Used to love watching Scotland and had some great trips.

Been at Wembley four times (1977,79,96 and 99), was at Anfield when we qualified for Argentina, been to Sweden, Iceland, Holland, San Marino and World Cup Finals.

I wouldn't walk across the road to watch Scotland playing in Pinkie playing fields (if they happened to be playing there of course) and have no interest in ever watching them again on a regular basis.

The only football I will attend between now and our game with Killie will be the under 20 match against Hamilton at ER on Monday night.

I'd rather see the under 21s win than the full team.

BroxburnHibee
06-09-2012, 07:20 PM

I agree with that sentiment Ronnie but in reality how does the Tartan Army register their disgust at Potter whilst wholeheartedly supporting the team?

He should have gone after the 4-6-0 however the idiots in their blazers will just assume the fans are behind him surely?

I have no time for that contradicting prick and have no desire to go to games while he remains in his position.

goosefat
06-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Maybe the appointment of Levein was a stroke of genius by the SFA and one that we should all be thankful for.

Wait. Hear me out...

I think the SFA have now realised that a growing number of people in Scotland couldn't really care less about the international team. It's also blindly apparent the most people think Levein is a grade A numpty.

So, the SFA appoint Levein in the 'part-time' position of national manager which, in turn, keeps him out of the SPL so fans don't have to suffer seeing his ugly coupon and hearing him spewing his guff on a weekly basis.

I know it's not the perfect solution but at least this way he only really gets wheeled out into the public domain every few months and, lets face it, we're not qualifying from this group so the only time we'll hear him when the finals are on is when he makes his standard interview with the BBC to say that he hopes England do well.

:applause: Well done SFA!!

HibsMax
06-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Haven't read any of this thread so as not to be distracted or influenced. My answer is a resounding NO. I will always support Scotland, till the day I die, but that doesn't mean I have to get behind the numpties in charge.

LeighLoyal
06-09-2012, 07:34 PM
We probably need the Scotland England game back to stem the apathy. That was the biggest game of the year when I was growing up. Anybody who recalls the madness to get a ticket for the 2000 Euro play off will also know this.

mca
06-09-2012, 08:21 PM
HP is nothing but a True Yam Fud.. end of story.. :aok: and he actually proves he is an ultra jam tart.. by not sorting out this fletcher nonsense..

What Scotland Manager would not be picking easily the most expensive and in the form of his life scotsman on the planet ....

look at the clean slate treatment - re - the bluenoses now in england.. he let them off with the fingers and the likes..

so he canny forgive a Hibby for a bit of daftness..

true jambo to the core or what... :agree:

RUSSELL LATAPY
06-09-2012, 08:32 PM
will steven fletcher ever be back in squad he would be great in the team aswell.

S.sct
06-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Can't support Potter he's a total jakey tool. Talks complete contradictory bull**** and off course embarrased the country by setting up the imfamous 4-6-0 formation. Also 4-6-0 and 4-6-0 so it is hard to support the country while he is in charge but I'll give it a go on Saturday

bandylegs_jLeighton
06-09-2012, 08:43 PM
I still support them, but with a dulled passion - solely because of Levein. It's nothing to do with his Hearts connections either.

I hate his tactics, attitude, and reasoning behind squad omissions/additions. How can he manage players when he can't even manage his own stubbornness!

I'd rather have Bobby Williamson in charge.