PDA

View Full Version : Not run very well!

pampdahoosmoose
05-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Basically I ordered a home top in a size large, it didn't fit!!! I sent it back, was told they were waiting for XL coming in the next few days, 2 months later................

Hi Keith
We apologise for your wait and any inconvenience caused by our belated reply, we have looked in to the situation and have uncovered that the reason you have yet to receive your shirt is due to the fact we have not received any more XL home or away shirts back in from puma. We received and have, home shirts up to a size large but no bigger. Due to this issue we can either refund you the shirt* and postage or send you the original home shirt back with refunded postage. We will not be getting any larger sizes back in stock so there is unfortunately not an option to hold off until we receive any larger sizes.
We again apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Kind regards
Supporter services

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2012, 10:57 AM
4 games into a new season and you cant buy a Hibs top, scandalous bloody scandalous. :rolleyes:

I was told after the Hearts game, i would not be able to get a XXL, none were being ordered after the original batch had sold out.

What the hell is going on at that shop?

Steve-O
05-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Biggest concern is that they are not getting any larger sizes back in, regardless of the demand? :confused:

.Sean.
05-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Maybe you fatties should go on a diet.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2012, 11:18 AM

:greengrin

reidy
05-09-2012, 11:21 AM
This happens every year maybe not so early in the season surely hibs should see this as a problem and should try and fix it.

erin go bragh
05-09-2012, 11:22 AM

What about us athletic types that require the extra large for our bulging muscles :greengrin

ggtth

Hermit Crab
05-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Sounds like this is all down to cost cutting, once their gone their gone type thing. Hibs not keen to order more from Puma in case they end up with a surplus they can't shift?? :dunno:

.Sean.
05-09-2012, 11:27 AM
In all seriousness, it's a ridiculous situation. Maybe if the deal was direct with Puma rather than through an agency there wouldn't be an issue?

Hermit Crab
05-09-2012, 11:35 AM
In all seriousness, it's a ridiculous situation. Maybe if the deal was direct with Puma rather than through an agency there wouldn't be an issue?

Can Hibs shirts not be bought from football nation i think it's called on lothian rd?? Might have an XL shirt there?

Westie1875
05-09-2012, 11:37 AM

It is pathetic at this stage of the season, the kind of thing you expect to happen in May, not September. Do the club not want people to buy merchandise? Their marketing and customer relations really aren't good enough IMO.

Hibby_Paul
05-09-2012, 11:41 AM
agree this is a farce and things like this make me more disillusioned.

Surely we could have agreed a deal that if demand was high Puma would make more shorts, even if was an extra hundred or so then more if demand dictated.
They would make more £ we would make more £ seems common sense. Understand not over ordering but must be middle ground.

Someone at club should be accountable!

hibsbollah
05-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Absolutely ridiculous. But par for the course unfortunately.

Jay
05-09-2012, 11:46 AM
I would imagine it would be very difficult to gauge the demand for strips. They wont even know if people like it before they have to order. All they will have to go by is last years sales. Then they have to work out how many of each size. Given the tight finances i would imagine heads would roll if they were aving to aell them off for a fiver at the end if the season.
Methinks the fattys should buy a large and make it their goal to be wearing it by christmas. :-P what better incentive is there?

easty
05-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Was it last year they were selling the tops for a tenner (or was it £20) in January if you bought them with a new signings name on the back (I got Palsson...:faf:). You'd imagine that, as much as it was a decent PR exercise, they were trying to shift the surplus of strips they had in stock. The club dont want to be lumbered with loads of stock that they have to heavily discount just to get rid of.

That said, there should be a happy medium between having too much stock and having none available. It shouldnt be that difficult to administer some kind of agreement with Puma, it suits them as well.

silverhibee
05-09-2012, 12:24 PM
4 games into a new season and you cant buy a Hibs top, scandalous bloody scandalous. :rolleyes:

I was told after the Hearts game, i would not be able to get a XXL, none were being ordered after the original batch had sold out.

I bought two XL home tops for me and my son even though i don't ware my top, both tops had XL tags on them but when i laid one on top of the other it was quite clear that one top was smaller than the other, tried them on and one was bigger than the other, took them back to the shop and explained and showed the guy in the shop the difference in size between the two tops and i asked if i could get a larger top for my son, :wink::greengrin, there was no larger tops in the shop so there was nothing they could do right there so i asked when they would be getting more tops in, they said they didn't think anymore tops would be ordered, so i moaned about the different size of tops and said it looks like the wrong size tags have been sewn on to the tops and showed the tops to the guy and the size difference and he had to agree with me that one top was bigger than the other, but he said there was nothing he could do as the tops had XL tags on them, :rolleyes:, i moaned a bit more but knew i wasn't getting anywhere so just picked up the tops and told them to forget about it, after all i am only a supporter who buys season ticket books and dodgy merchandise from the club shop.

The Board asking/begging folk to come back and support the team and help the managers budget by buying a ST, but forget to add, but sorry you won't be able to buy a football top from our shop as we have none in stock and don't intend to get anymore back in even though it seems there is a demand for them by the XL XXL Hibs fans, five games in to the season and the shop has run out of tops and the team are doing good in the league and maybe just maybe we may get some more extra fans through the gate if we keep our good league record going, but forget about getting a top from the shop if you are slightly over weight.

This really is a f***ing joke so it is, a chance to make money by the club from the sale of tops and they don't intend to get anymore in, bet you that this kind of crap doesn't happen at Farmers Autocares, bet you they don't run out of tyres and tell the customer they won't be getting any more tyres in of that size until the new ones come out next year, the tyre would be there or ordered straight away for the customer, why do Hibs fans not get the same kind of customer service that he gives to all his other buisnesses.

Sorry. Rant Over. :greengrin

Monts
05-09-2012, 12:28 PM
I think after all the controversy with McDonalds, Coca-cola etc sponsoring the olympics, Hibs should be praised for clearly trying to promote a healthy lifestyle.

cocopops1875
05-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Has nobody at a focus group asked this question ? What is the minimum order ? Why take the p**s more by releasing a ltd edition 3rd shirt when home and away seem to be limited ? Why is there no high end limited items available ? The stock in the shop is poor, someone with a bit of vision could easily triple the turnover with some decent classic stock and enough stock of current shirts.

scott7_0(Prague)
05-09-2012, 12:29 PM
http://www.thefootballnation.co.uk/hibernian/

cocopops1875
05-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Also everyone keeps saying 5games into the season but this was an issue before the season kicked off, I have 2 xl shirts that are way to snug so not even worn with no option to swap them

pampdahoosmoose
05-09-2012, 12:48 PM
I'll buy one off you😄

Franck Stanton
05-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Ah would buy one but they dinnae dae them in "bell-tent" size to fit me as I am what you would call a fat b*****d. Anyway, I think it is the duty of all Hibs supporters to get as fat as they can so that when the tv cameras go on the crowd it looks like there are more of us. :wink:

neilmartinrocks
05-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Looks like i will have to get mine from the shop on lothian road then. 8 weeks i have been waiting for one from the hibs shop and still **** all doing. Dont they want to make money, advertise the team, keep us (the supporters) happy. I mean whats the bloody point in bringing out a cracking kit and then refusing to stock them in the club shop?:confused:

maybe its a job for......:hnetinq: to get to the bottom of this fiasco.

hibIBZ
05-09-2012, 01:59 PM
love how people assume you are a fatty if you need an XXL, im 6ft 6 and have trouble with the tops as to get the length its like a tent at the bottom and still not really long enough, they just get wider not longer

Keith_M
05-09-2012, 01:59 PM
http://www.thefootballnation.co.uk/hibernian/

That's crazy, they've got much better choice than Hibs' official online shop.

You can even buy a scarf on there, which you couldn't get (last time I looked) from Hibs online

neilmartinrocks
05-09-2012, 02:06 PM
love how people assume you are a fatty if you need an XXL, im 6ft 6 and have trouble with the tops as to get the length its like a tent at the bottom and still not really long enough, they just get wider not longer

this has not gone unnoticed by a few of the taller Hibees. wider but not longer.

maybe they are made using the dundonian template?:greengrin

SmokieJoe
05-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Basically I ordered a home top in a size large, it didn't fit!!! I sent it back, was told they were waiting for XL coming in the next few days, 2 months later................

Hi Keith
We apologise for your wait and any inconvenience caused by our belated reply, we have looked in to the situation and have uncovered that the reason you have yet to receive your shirt is due to the fact we have not received any more XL home or away shirts back in from puma. We received and have, home shirts up to a size large but no bigger. Due to this issue we can either refund you the shirt* and postage or send you the original home shirt back with refunded postage. We will not be getting any larger sizes back in stock so there is unfortunately not an option to hold off until we receive any larger sizes.
We again apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Kind regards
Supporter services

This is absolutely bonkers, read something similar on .net regarding scarves via the website and instore. I'm not RP bashing, but we have been asked to pull together so the club benefits financially, and yet they have no XL/XXL tops and scarves in stock? someone needs be sorted out for this, if its puma that the issue lies with, RP should step in demanding loss of revinue....if the issue lies at ER or someone in the clubshop, then that needs to be addressed..... basic buisness ethos is required, if its in stock you can sell it, if its not in stock its an oppertunity missed....

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2012, 02:22 PM

Well said, i cant help being 5ft 9. :agree:

HibeeN
05-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Pretty much the opposite problem for the ladies. :greengrin I was wanting to get the home shirt in a size 8 but there are only 14s and 16s left. Was going to email them asking if they would be getting any more in, but after reading this it looks like that won't be an option!

c31
05-09-2012, 02:43 PM
maybe a solution is to put your name down for this -

http://www.spl-ffit.co.uk/

I highly recommend anyone to take part - basically changed my life for the better and I can buy a top from Hibs that fits.....(if I wanted to!!)

Judas Iscariot
05-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Has nobody at a focus group asked this question ? What is the minimum order ? Why take the p**s more by releasing a ltd edition 3rd shirt when home and away seem to be limited ? Why is there no high end limited items available ? The stock in the shop is poor, someone with a bit of vision could easily triple the turnover with some decent classic stock and enough stock of current shirts.

Col, I have the away top in XXL which is too big, only worn it once, wanna swap?!

hibsbollah
05-09-2012, 03:17 PM
I would hope that the repeated failure of the shop to provide anything even close to a devcent range, selection of merchandising is being raised with the club. Theres a sales/ marketing subgroup within the Lets Work Together group, for example, where something could be brought to someones attention.

erin go bragh
05-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Also everyone keeps saying 5games into the season but this was an issue before the season kicked off, I have 2 xl shirts that are way to snug so not even worn with no option to swap them
Ill buy the other 1 :agree:

Could even throw in a xxl white hibs away top season 2005[i think] [whyte and mckay]one
Well i think its xxl ,won it on ebay and its too big .

ggtth

cocopops1875
05-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Fents its cool bought long sleeved ones will likely just get them printed up and signed for framing or go on another crazy weight loss programme lol

500miles
05-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Might seem harsh, but I'd rather we saved money in this manner, than on the pitch. And if we make more profit from the strips this season, than last season, then the cuts are entirely justified.

cocopops1875
05-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Might seem harsh, but I'd rather we saved money in this manner, than on the pitch. And if we make more profit from the strips this season, than last season, then the cuts are entirely justified.

Surely the idea of the shop is to make money not lose less ? And at a guess each shirt Hibs buy will be around 10-15 quid so even selling any spare stock is pretty much still not losing money, add in printing and that's even more cash now not coming into the club. If there is a demand for shirts now we should be aiming meet that demand

Sean1875
05-09-2012, 05:17 PM
I bought two XL home tops for me and my son even though i don't ware my top, both tops had XL tags on them but when i laid one on top of the other it was quite clear that one top was smaller than the other, tried them on and one was bigger than the other, took them back to the shop and explained and showed the guy in the shop the difference in size between the two tops and i asked if i could get a larger top for my son, :wink::greengrin, there was no larger tops in the shop so there was nothing they could do right there so i asked when they would be getting more tops in, they said they didn't think anymore tops would be ordered, so i moaned about the different size of tops and said it looks like the wrong size tags have been sewn on to the tops and showed the tops to the guy and the size difference and he had to agree with me that one top was bigger than the other, but he said there was nothing he could do as the tops had XL tags on them, :rolleyes:, i moaned a bit more but knew i wasn't getting anywhere so just picked up the tops and told them to forget about it, after all i am only a supporter who buys season ticket books and dodgy merchandise from the club shop.

The Board asking/begging folk to come back and support the team and help the managers budget by buying a ST, but forget to add, but sorry you won't be able to buy a football top from our shop as we have none in stock and don't intend to get anymore back in even though it seems there is a demand for them by the XL XXL Hibs fans, five games in to the season and the shop has run out of tops and the team are doing good in the league and maybe just maybe we may get some more extra fans through the gate if we keep our good league record going, but forget about getting a top from the shop if you are slightly over weight.

This really is a f***ing joke so it is, a chance to make money by the club from the sale of tops and they don't intend to get anymore in, bet you that this kind of crap doesn't happen at Farmers Autocares, bet you they don't run out of tyres and tell the customer they won't be getting any more tyres in of that size until the new ones come out next year, the tyre would be there or ordered straight away for the customer, why do Hibs fans not get the same kind of customer service that he gives to all his other buisnesses.

Sorry. Rant Over. :greengrin

Atleast you'll have lost a bit of weight typing all that out, the smaller size should fit like dream now :greengrin

silverhibee
05-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Atleast you'll have lost a bit of weight typing all that out, the smaller size should fit like dream now :greengrin

Still a bit tight. :greengrin

A'll be back. :wink: :greengrin

sadtom
05-09-2012, 06:25 PM
It does seem very short sighted and a poor show from Hibs commercial dept again.

It was my wee girl's 4th birthday just over a week ago. She wanted a strip so she could be just like her big brothers. She is just a wee dottle andher previous mini kit of age 2 - 21/2 still just about fits but not quite, but figured the largest of the mini kits 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 would be perfect. So we let her brothers model the home and away strips and she plumped for the home one.
We went to the shop after the St J's game, the largest mini kit size in the home top was the 2 - 2 1/2. So next option was the away, same problem. I asked the shop manageress (i think), only to be told they had none of the 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 left in either, so i asked about the new 3rd kit, which my wee one liked the look of, only to be told they arent doing them in mini kits. Just about the same time my daughter noticed the pink goalies top and her eyes lit up. Yep of course, they dont do them in mini kits either!
We tried the smallest kids size (aged 5-6) but unfortunatley way too big.
Next option we looked for something like little kids jammies or dressing gown. Yet again b*gger all.
Only thing in her size in the shop was a basic, boring, overpriced white t-shirt with 'hibees written on it. She (rightly) didnt want it - no where near as good as the 'Hi-purr-nain' Sunshine tshirt she already has. - Looked for a teddy bear - None. A small soft ball - nowt. A toy of any sort - nada.
The aforementioned manageress she said she would double check the stock the next few days to see if they had any that hadn't been picked up by the computer. Took my number and said she'd get back to me. Still waiting.
So nowt in the way of strips between age 2 1/2 and 5 years old. And nowt else if you wanted to by a gift for a young kid.
Pi$$ poor Hibs. Any other type of business you would have went down the swannee years ago due to incompetence.
GET YER FINGERS OUT!!!

sbell1875
05-09-2012, 06:44 PM

I encountered the same problem with the away shirt 3 weeks BEFORE the season started!

I had the 'buy the away shirt and get the home one free' voucher. Ended up having to buy the away one and give it to my sister and I was fortunate to get the home one in my size.

The yellow shirt appears to still be available in all sizes online.

cocopops1875
05-09-2012, 06:57 PM
so as i notice nobody answered, Did anyone mention any of this at the Focus groups ? or the Ask The Tash Session ?

S.sct
05-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Looks like a serious re-think is required here. This home kit seems to be the most popular for a long time. The club are always looking for income streams and this is certainly one. Maybe they should release the design at the end of the previous season and request pre-orders, that way they will not be selling as many off at a reduced price in January.

LancashireHibby
05-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Makes you wonder how much more money could have been made (and indeed potentially a better use of stock) without the 'buy one, get one free' for ST holders. I was hanging on buying the home strip until I could get to ER because the Puma sizings have varied wildly year on year (another bugbear given the away strips always seem quite loose, yet the home ones skintight!) so that's another £40 gone.

18-24 months ago I would say Hibs were almost market leaders with the quality of the online shop and the range of stock, to the extent that I know for a fact that other professional sports clubs used it for 'inspiration' on more than one occasion, but the situation at the minute is absolutely dire. I've consistently spent £200+ in the shop every season for probably the past four years as I used to order something on most paydays, but this season's total currently stands at one away top and one scarf, though it seems I was lucky to even get the scarf!

Fergos
05-09-2012, 08:31 PM
I would hope that the repeated failure of the shop to provide anything even close to a devcent range, selection of merchandising is being raised with the club. Theres a sales/ marketing subgroup within the Lets Work Together group, for example, where something could be brought to someones attention.

Totally agree with most on here, there are simple business and commercial money making mistakes that this part of our club miss.

The range of product at the store never mind the strips themselves is woeful, so many ops missed in the chance to bring some uniqueness to what the fans are offered whilst paying tribute to our club not too mention putting some dough in the coffers....

A couple of examples - can't get a long sleeved top in an adult size at all, may have missed this but have been looking since season started....?

Also....Visit he store - you'd be hard pushed to find anything Famous 5 / icon related- not sure if the site Hibspics is directly related to Hibs, as in the money they make goes directly to the club but check out their range of pics and memorabilia - superb.

Have the pleasure of years of experience in the cruel mistress that is retail Ans marketing - would be delighted to help......c'mon Hibs sort this oot....!

clerriehibs
05-09-2012, 09:28 PM

If you need the length, but the larger shirt sizes only get wider, not longer ... why are you buying XXL if you're not a fatty?