PDA

View Full Version : NHC International games (merged)

H18sry
05-09-2012, 08:06 AM
It all starts on Friday with the first games in group 1 getting under way.

Group Favourites in my eyes are Belgium who travel to Wales in what could be a terrific game. Bookies favourites Croatia are at home to FYR Macedonia and should get off to a winning start.

Saturday see us open our fixtures at home in front of over 40,000 fans, to Serbia, who can be beaten if the manager play's to our strengths, and plays an attacking formation and get into there faces and does not let them settle on the ball.

Anyway here is something to get you in the mood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6NQ5ZMNLkU

We'll be Coming, COME ON SCOTLAND get intae them

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

Hainan Hibs
05-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Can't wait for it all to kick off, bring on the excitement nerves and tears:greengrin:thumbsup:

As you say if Levein plays to our strenths we should be looking at 6 points from 6 over the next couple of weeks.

SlickShoes
05-09-2012, 08:41 AM
If we don't get six points from these two games then the campaign is all but over.

I am sure when we don't get the six points we need, we will be told it's all OK, then come the end of the campaign we will miss out on second place due to goal difference or 1 single point or something similar.

GraniteCityHibs
05-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Can't wait for it all to kick off, bring on the excitement nerves and tears:greengrin:thumbsup:

As you say if Levein plays to our strenths we should be looking at 6 points from 6 over the next couple of weeks.

I'm gutted i'm missing these 2 games!

But my missus is in the last stage of her pregnancy so being 4hours away, p!shed and in a kilt is probably not the best idea!

I did suggest that we both go and if she starts then we have the baby at Hampden....but the thought of having a son or daughter that would technically be a .......a.......aaa........WEEGIE!!!... was just too much to bear!

Gettin' Auld
05-09-2012, 09:19 AM
I'm gutted i'm missing these 2 games!

But my missus is in the last stage of her pregnancy so being 4hours away, p!shed and in a kilt is probably not the best idea!

I did suggest that we both go and if she starts then we have the baby at Hampden....but the thought of having a son or daughter that would technically be a .......a.......aaa........WEEGIE!!!... was just too much to bear!

Why would your wife be wearing a kilt and pished? :wink:

J-C
05-09-2012, 09:25 AM
As long as stubborn Potter's in charge we'll get nowhere, we'll sneak through against the o called lesser team and cock up against the better ones, a bit like supporting Hibs, high hopes only to be dashed time and time again.

gillythehibby
05-09-2012, 09:58 AM

Group Favourites in my eyes are Belgium who travel to Wales in what could be a terrific game. Bookies favourites Croatia are at home to FYR Macedonia and should get off to a winning start.

Saturday see us open our fixtures at home in front of over 40,000 fans, to Serbia, who can be beaten if the manager play's to our strengths, and plays an attacking formation and get into there faces and does not let them settle on the ball.

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

If you want to get to Rio you better book a holiday. Scotland have no chance of getting there. We'll be lucky to take 3 points from our first 3 games. Sad but true.

Cocaine&Caviar
05-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Can we not get a separate forum for the National Team pish?

LeighLoyal
05-09-2012, 10:14 AM
I just wish Strachan was in charge, any man that puts his ego before his nations needs is a liability. Will be watching without expectancy.

Monts
05-09-2012, 10:54 AM

No.

BigKev
05-09-2012, 10:56 AM

You read the title - was there any need for your post?

Probably the majority on here are interested in the national side. If you're not that's up to you but no need for posting in a thread for which you've evidently got a gripe about.

BigKev
05-09-2012, 10:58 AM

Absolutely Ronnie - Where you lot going beforehand?

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm going to predict 6 points from the 1st 2 games. I think Belgium will win the group, and we are in a fight for 2nd place.

Leishy1995
05-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Croatia, Belgium, Wales, Serbia. Those 4 nations are actually better than us. They have world class players, our best current player isn't allowed to play.

allezsauzee
05-09-2012, 12:06 PM
I think Croatia will win the group. Belgium have some good players as do Serbia. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we finished above any of those teams even if Fletcher was playing.

18Craig75
05-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Iron horse for 8 on Saturday, looking for the boys to get off to a flyer. Had a look at the Stadium plan and there's not many tickets left, hopefully we can shift them in the next couple of days!

We'll be coming.

Sylar
05-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Has Serbia's squad been announced anywhere? I was curious as to the possible team they'll put out on Saturday.

I don't fancy Scotland to get through at all sadly - Belgium have some great players and look a good team, Wales have already shown they're capable of beating us and have some top players in their side and Croatia, though probably the weakest of the teams from pot 1, are undeniably still a top side. A quick glance at some of their players shows how difficult a task they'll be: Modric, Corluka, Jelavic, Mandzukic, Srna...

6 points from the first 2 games might make me feel a bit more confident though :agree:

patlowe
05-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Croatia, Belgium, Wales, Serbia. Those 4 nations are actually better than us. They have world class players, our best current player isn't allowed to play.

I agree they have world class players but Scotland have good options in just about every position (CH might be an issue admittedly), while I'm not sure you can say the same about the other sides. Serbia have no great firepower according to many and Wales are definitely weak in certain areas. For me, Croatia are favourites after their performance at EURO 2012, while Belgium have so many good players that you'd have to expect them to challenge. It's such a hard group to predict though, I think Scotland could quite easily finish anywhere from 2nd to bottom.

On a similar note, this group really drew the short straw by getting Wales as the bottom seed. If there's a 'best runner-up' system in this campaign then we can just about kiss that route goodbye.

Ross4356
05-09-2012, 12:38 PM
At lease 4 points from 1st 2 games is required, I think we'll get 6. I think Croatia will win the group with Belgium in 2nd, but I'll be along for the ride. Can't wait for sat

iwasthere1972
05-09-2012, 12:47 PM

Maybe a separate forum for moaners as well. Believe it or not some folk do like to take an interest in the national team. Count me in.

calumhibee1
05-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Can you still buy tickets? If you can what stand they in?

HibsAzzurri1875
05-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Potter is a fud.

H18sry
05-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Absolutely Ronnie - Where you lot going beforehand?

Montford House we have the upstairs bar booked, a few wristband spare if you fancy it :wink:

Can you still buy tickets? If you can what stand they in?

Tickets are available for most sections of the ground but in small groups :wink:

Famous Fiver
05-09-2012, 02:10 PM
At the risk of being labelled a moaner here is my tuppenceworth.

Is anyone seriously suggesting that Scotland can finish in the top two when Serbia, Belgium Croatia, Macedonia and Wales are also competing for these places.

With Levein in charge?

Sorry boys, but not a snowball's chance in hell.

erin go bragh
05-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Maybe a separate forum for moaners as well. Believe it or not some folk do like to take an interest in the national team. Count me in.
Harry Potter is a fud ,if we had Strachan ,Dalgleish,Smith or Mcleish i would fancy our chances of at least getting 2nd ,but for a manager to not at least speak to our best striker to try and sort something out is bad management .
Still be shouting scotland on but HP spoils it tbh .

Bishop Hibee
05-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Looking forward to it. Edinburgh Tartan Army bus leaves 9.30am and we'll be in the Clockwork Beer Co. at 11.00. Heart says 6 points from our openers but the head says a draw on Saturday and a win on Tuesday. This group will be dog eat dog and their won't be much between the top 4.

BigKev
05-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Montford House we have the upstairs bar booked, a few wristband spare if you fancy it :wink:

I'll get back to you on it... How many do you have? Think there's about 8 of us meeting in the train station from 8. Were planning on going to the Iron Horse but might change plan...

calumhibee1
05-09-2012, 04:43 PM

Tickets are available for most sections of the ground but in small groups :wink:
Cheers chief. I presume the collection option would be collecting them at the stadium on the day of the game?

California-Hibs
05-09-2012, 05:13 PM
[QUOTE=H18sry;3351728]

Thats a cracking video btw!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Unlike alot of folk out there i'm really passionate about Scotland and behind the national team all the way. We have a MUCH better squad than some would like to think and i'm looking forward to another rollercoaster. We we're robbed out of 2nd spot in the Euro's but the referee awarding a penalty that never was and then waving away our penalty claim that clearly was.

A new campaign brings new hope and optimism. I've got my ticket for Saturdays game and can't wait. Brilliant atmosphere at Scotland games, better atmosphere there than at Hibs games it has to be said!

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

.Sean.
05-09-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm not overly keen on International Football, but will be at this one with a group of mates. Should be a decent day on the booze, but I really can't seem to get too passionate over 11 footballers who aren't Hibs players, and this isn't helped by the bawbag manager. Maybe this will change. Obviously I hope Scotland win and it should be a greater experience as opposed to sitting in the boozer watching it, but i'm going for a day out with my pals more than anything.

I reckon Serbia will be a strong side. 2-2.

H18sry
05-09-2012, 08:20 PM
I'll get back to you on it... How many do you have? Think there's about 8 of us meeting in the train station from 8. Were planning on going to the Iron Horse but might change plan...

Yup you can have 8 no probs I will txt you my mobile number and you can get back to me if you need them :wink:

SteveHFC
05-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Quite looking forward to Saturday. Anyone going to Renfrew Ferry? :wink:

SteveHFC
05-09-2012, 09:04 PM

Admins could we get a seperate forum for the moaners on here :aok:

Frazerbob
06-09-2012, 10:32 AM
If you want to get to Rio you better book a holiday. Scotland have no chance of getting there. We'll be lucky to take 3 points from our first 3 games. Sad but true.

Serbia are pish. They've scored 4 goals in 10 games. None of their strikers have scored an international goal. Their midfield is young and untested. They were played off the park by a poor irish side a few weeks ago. There is a campaign currently ongoing to get rid of their manager. They do have a decent defence though.

Macedonia have only beaten two teams since they beat us in the seering Skopje heat a few years ago.

If we don't take 6 points form these two games we will not qualify, that is for sure. However, I believe that we will. We will then take at least a point in Cardiff and if we manage anything in Brussels it's a bonus.

So, 7 points from our fist 4 games is my prediction and that will put us in the running IMO.

JimBHibees
06-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Serbia are pish. They've scored 4 goals in 10 games. None of their strikers have scored an international goal. Their midfield is young and untested. They were played off the park by a poor irish side a few weeks ago. There is a campaign currently ongoing to get rid of their manager. They do have a decent defence though.

Macedonia have only beaten two teams since they beat us in the seering Skopje heat a few years ago.

If we don't take 6 points form these two games we will not qualify, that is for sure. However, I believe that we will. We will then take at least a point in Cardiff and if we manage anything in Brussels it's a bonus.

So, 7 points from our fist 4 games is my prediction and that will put us in the running IMO.

While they may have problems at the moment I cant believe they will be anything other than very difficult opponents. I wish Scotland could call on their talent pool also as that part of the world has always produced very technical and good players. Mihaljovic is a bit of a crazy guy so hope you are right about a campaign to get rid of him as we could benefit big time by playiing them first up.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 03:27 PM
How poor have the Russians been so far? very is the answer!

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 03:34 PM
I thought that might work!

Sir David Gray
07-09-2012, 03:47 PM
That may have stemmed from their dismissive attitude of Northern Ireland.

One of their players reportedly said he had never heard of Northern Ireland and Fabio Capello apparently responded to a question asking why he had picked so few strikers for the match by saying "it's only Northern Ireland".

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Didnae think that would bother you too much.

Sylar
07-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Russia 2-0 Northern Ireland

A soft free kick followed by a soft penalty.

NI can feel quite hard done by.

Golden Bear
07-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Russia 2-0 Northern Ireland

A soft free kick followed by a soft penalty.

NI can feel quite hard done by.

Final score? Or is the game still in progress?

Sylar
07-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Final score? Or is the game still in progress?

10 minutes to go GB

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 04:41 PM
10 mins left

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Good start to the WC w-end, Russia HT-FT & Russia -1 will do!

Sir David Gray
07-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Didnae think that would bother you too much.

Me? :confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Sorry! got my FH'S mixed up!

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Can i claim 8 hrs in the pub as a justifiable mistake?

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 06:15 PM
It'd be nice if Lampard scored, just to make my wallet fuller, nae other reason!

Billy Whizz
07-09-2012, 06:17 PM
It'd be nice if Lampard scored, just to make my wallet fuller, nae other reason!

Does an og count?

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 06:22 PM
If only!

stokesmessiah
07-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Quite a team that Belgium have got these days with their team littered with household names now. Interesting to see how this game pans out, i think Wales could be on a hiding to nothing.

Predictions? 3 - 0 Belgium for me.

Oh and the woman that sung the Wales anthem........MILF ! :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Nice one Frank!

BoltonHibee
07-09-2012, 07:01 PM
What a minging strip

greenlex
07-09-2012, 07:14 PM
What a stupid reckless challenge from Collins there. He made the ref make the decision and from his angle its a red every day of the week.

BarneyK
07-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Let's not forget the main event tonight...

Alan Temple ‏@alanftemple
#Spartans currently 2-0 up against a #Hearts team including Stevenson, Driver, MacDonald & Walker. Hosts have been excellent

:thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 07:16 PM
I wish i had re invested the first goal scorer bet, I'd give Frank so much love for just putting the ball in the net, what a player!

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 07:17 PM
2 West Ham rejects!

BarneyK
07-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Alan Temple ‏@alanftemple
HT: #Spartans 2 - 1 #Hearts, Gordon Smith scrambled home just before the break. Good game at Ainslie Park.

Booooo :bitchy::bitchy:

easty
07-09-2012, 07:19 PM
What a stupid reckless challenge from Collins there. He made the ref make the decision and from his angle its a red every day of the week.

:agree:

The Belgian boy made a bit of a meal of it, cos I dont think he was particularly hurt at all, but what a stupid tackle from a very experienced player. So late and he really cant have any complaints.

HibbyAndy
07-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Can i be thick enough to ask why a world cup qualifier is being played at Cardiff's ground instead of a sell out at the Millenium?..It just doesnt add up?

What have i missed?.

DanielMcLaren
07-09-2012, 07:26 PM
did McGivern play ? if so how he do

PatHead
07-09-2012, 07:26 PM
1 0 Belgium

scoopyboy
07-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Can i be thick enough to ask why a world cup qualifier is being played at Cardiff's ground instead of a sell out at the Millenium?..It just doesnt add up?

What have i missed?.

What makes you think they would have sold out the Millenium if they can't fill a smaller ground in the same city?

scoopyboy
07-09-2012, 07:29 PM
did McGivern play ? is so how he do

Unused sub

HibbyAndy
07-09-2012, 07:33 PM
What makes you think they would have sold out the Millenium if they can't fill a smaller ground in the same city?

Well that's my question no?..

I thought Welsh games at home were a sell out every single time ( Or maybe im getting mistaken with Rugby? )..

Either way id still like to know the answer.

Sir David Gray
07-09-2012, 07:33 PM

What have i missed?.

They've moved from the Millennium in recent years due to the fact that it was practically empty for basically every single match that they played.

The Millennium Stadium holds 75,000 people. There's no danger that they would have got a sell out there tonight for a match against Belgium.

HibbyAndy
07-09-2012, 07:36 PM
They've moved from the Millennium in recent years due to the fact that it was practically empty for basically every single match that they played.

The Millennium Stadium holds 75,000 people. There's no danger that they would have got a sell out there tonight for a match against Belgium.

Cheers Falkirk :aok:

Im getting mixed up with the Rugby. Thanks for the straight forward honest answer with nae smart erse reply.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Unused sub

Couldnae be blamed for either goal!

scoopyboy
07-09-2012, 07:41 PM

Im getting mixed up with the Rugby. Thanks for the straight forward honest answer with nae smart erse reply.

Easy mate, it was a genuine question.

I couldn't work out why you thought a large stadium would sell out when a small one wouldn't.

I thought it might have had something to do with Swansea or Wrexham fans not going to a rival club's stadium.

Sir David Gray
07-09-2012, 07:42 PM

Yep, rugby is an entirely different kettle of fish down there.

Wales is much more rugby orientated and the Six Nations in particular are a huge deal for the Welsh public.

HibbyAndy
07-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Easy mate, it was a genuine question.

I couldn't work out why you thought a large stadium would sell out when a small one wouldn't.

I thought it might have had something to do with Swansea or Wrexham fans not going to a rival club's stadium.

Hey Scoops i ment 'Nae smart arsed reply' fae 'FalkirkHibee' as he is a Man u fan and normally has the odd dig at me:greengrin But gave me a straight forward answer for a change lol.. Ment him mate.

Bishop Hibee
07-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Only £20 an adult ticket and they still couldn't sell out. Mind you, I'm disappointed that Scotland tickets haven't sold out tomorrow. It'll still be in the top 5 of crowds in Europe this Fri/Sat though.

Part/Time Supporter
07-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Not an international game (I think), but Spartans are beating a "strong" Hearts XI 3-1.

The Hearts squad is McDonald, Stevenson, Taouil, Driver, Smith, Walker, Holt, Prychynenko, D McGowan, Tapping, McKay, McHattie, Hamilton, King, Paterson, Carrick, King, Nicholson. As promised it is the 1st XI excluding their International players.

The Spartans squad is Flockhart, Gilpin, O’Donnell, Sivewright, Mair, McCuish, Cenezzarro, Manson, McLeod, Beesley, Anderson, Grant, Martin, Finnie, Wringe, Bremner, Whatley, Henretty.

scoopyboy
07-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Hey Scoops i ment 'Nae smart arsed reply' fae 'FalkirkHibee' as he is a Man u fan and normally has the odd dig at me:greengrin But gave me a straight forward answer for a change lol.. Ment him mate.

Apologies guv, I thought you were having a pop at me.

Makes sense to me now you have explained it to me.

Auld age comes at a price ye ken.

Jonnyboy
07-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Unused sub

Couldnae be blamed for either goal!

That's the happy clapper view

The doom and gloomer view would be he couldnae even get on the park for a side naebody in Russia has head of

:greengrin

HibbyAndy
07-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Apologies guv, I thought you were having a pop at me.

Makes sense to me now you have explained it to me.

Auld age comes at a price ye ken.

We will aw be auld one day Scoops:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just hope ive seen us win the Scottish by then mate :cb:cb

BoltonHibee
07-09-2012, 08:11 PM
I presume some Welsh bloke ****ged the refs missus... He has had a stinker

Jaz
07-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Spartans winning 4-2.

Jaz
07-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Two late goals for the $¢um. 4-4.

Jaz
07-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Penalties.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Nice one Frank!

FFS!

£20 treble, what a day!

Russia ht-ft
belgium
france

i think i've won about 4 ton which is nice!

Jaz
07-09-2012, 08:37 PM
$¢um won 4-3 on pens.

Nando™
07-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Awesome.

Part/Time Supporter
07-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Claros on as sub for Honduras against Cuba.

SMAXXA
07-09-2012, 08:54 PM
QUOTE=Part/Time Supporter;3353535]Claros on as sub for Honduras against Cuba.[/QUOTE]

They won 3 nil, well done Jorge

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2012, 08:55 PM
FFS!

£20 treble, what a day!

Russia ht-ft
belgium
france

i think i've won about 4 ton which is nice!

Its about half that much, but, i'll take it! God bless the Hammers rejects!

iwasthere1972
07-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Well I'm looking for a ticket for the match tomorrow so if anyone has a spare one that they want to sell then please pm me.

:giruy: Serbia. Sorry I mean :saltireflag

BoltonHibee
07-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Pm sent

iwasthere1972
07-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Pm sent

Cheers.

Springbank
07-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Spartans narrowly pipped to title of edinburghs second team.

Their time will come as the sun sets on romanovs cheating hearts

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-09-2012, 07:42 AM

What's her name?

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-09-2012, 07:43 AM

Yawn!

Saorsa
08-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Can we not get a separate forum for the National Team pish?The board is for Hibs and other fitba. It's clearly marked NHC. You dinnae have tae read or comment on it if it disnae interest you.

Hibstrooper
08-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Off to the pub, let the jollies commence!

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-09-2012, 07:54 AM
That's the happy clapper view

That must be one of those once in a lifetime moments! Never been called that before!

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Its about half that much, but, i'll take it! God bless the Hammers rejects!

Oh dear! I was steaming last night. Turns out it was £326!

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Off to the pub, let the jollies commence!

1000 train for me, let the fun commence!