PDA

View Full Version : NHC SCOTLAND FANS ONLY - How many points for Scotland from first two games?

theonlywayisup
04-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Home to Serbia and home to Macedonia - so how many points will we (Scotland) collect?

the stig
04-09-2012, 06:03 PM
If we want to qualify, we will need to win our home games, so ill say 6.

pontius pilate
04-09-2012, 06:05 PM
6/6 we have to win the home games but with potter in charge i dont know

Frazerbob
04-09-2012, 06:11 PM
6/6 we have to win the home games but with potter in charge i dont know

Agree, to have any chance we need to pick up full points from these two games then anything from the Wales and Belgium away will be a bonus. I think we'll drop at least two points though!

leither17
04-09-2012, 06:13 PM
6/6 have to win our home games

clerriehibs
04-09-2012, 06:14 PM
If we want to qualify, we will need to win our home games, so ill say 6.

:confused: Your reasoning is why Scotland need to take full points, not what you think we'll take ... which I think is the point of the poll?

Chibs
04-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Hope and think it will be six.

I'll be there on Saturday.

Come on Scotland

NOLA
04-09-2012, 06:43 PM
1, serbia will beat us well and we should get a draw against macedonia.

erin go bragh
04-09-2012, 06:46 PM
4pts ,,,, would be 6pts with a decent manager

ScottB
04-09-2012, 06:46 PM
I think Serbia will beat us, if we can't beat Macedonia at home then we are out already frankly, so I've put 3 points.

Serbia, Wales and Belgium are all more than capable of beating us home or away, and since we will likely line up with Kenny Miller on his lonesome up front at the most, I reckon we'll be lucky to finish forth in this group sadly.

SteveHFC
04-09-2012, 06:49 PM
6pts

bighairyfaeleith
04-09-2012, 06:49 PM
nada

Piqué
04-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Should be beating Macedonia every time. Don't think we have enough to get anything against Serbia though. Would be happy with 4 points but that may not be enough. TBH I cant even think who else is in our group this time, not really fussed about the national team right now.

joe breezy
04-09-2012, 07:19 PM
what is a Scotland fan? I'm not sure if I can take part..

I'm a Hibs fan from Scotland...

Chibs
04-09-2012, 07:22 PM
nada
Do not know what nada means.
Please explain

essexhibee
04-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Serbia will be a toughy. Put four points think we will beat Macedonia.

Afree with other posters though if we are to stand any chance it has to be six points. :agree:

theonlywayisup
04-09-2012, 07:34 PM
what is a Scotland fan? I'm not sure if I can take part..

I'm a Hibs fan from Scotland...

Well don't take part!

HiBremian
04-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Do not know what nada means.
Please explain

From the perspective of your Theory of Relativity, it can be formulated mathematically as:

Scotland + Potter = 0

Sir David Gray
04-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Somewhere between 0 and 6.

I'll go for 5. :agree:

:wink:

Sylar
04-09-2012, 08:20 PM
A lot depends on both a) what Scotland team turns up and b) what the Serbian squad looks like (I've not seen it anywhere).

Serbia is a tough but winnable fixture and if the guys aren't too tired/complacent, we SHOULD beat Macedonia.

Optimistically 6 points :agree:

TrinityHibs
04-09-2012, 08:21 PM
From the perspective of your Theory of Relativity, it can be formulated mathematically as:

Scotland + Potter = 0

Until Fletcher and Commons get a game I hope we lose every game and get rid of that erse. I used to love the Scotland games and I am a Scotland supporter

leither17
04-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Until Fletcher and Commons get a game I hope we lose every game and get rid of that erse. I used to love the Scotland games and I am a Scotland supporter

Can understand Fletcher but why Commons he is mince

allezsauzee
04-09-2012, 08:33 PM
We should have enough quality in the team to win both games. Anything less than 6 points and it's an underachievement. Potter will naturally have an excuse in this event. Referee's fault most probably

Craig_in_Prague
04-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Put 4 but hoping for 6.

Tough 2 away games in October so we need 2 home wins to start us off well.

Pretty Boy
04-09-2012, 08:56 PM

Commons is a luxury but when he's in the mood he's a very decent player.

We shouldnt have English born players like him or Fletcher in the squad anyway though according to some.

weecounty hibby
04-09-2012, 09:17 PM
I said 3. Would love 6 but just dont think we have the manager to use the players to their full potential. And as for the fletcher situation.... Levien is the manager and paid to manage and that is what he should do, he has to manage the situation and the person so that ultimately Scotland gets the best team on the park

TrinityHibs
04-09-2012, 09:25 PM

On his day he's a player and Levein cant see it. Just look at what he's putting in. The U21's are more dynamic

TrinityHibs
04-09-2012, 09:27 PM

Apologies for the thread hijack but I'd have him playng for Hibs in a second

clerriehibs
04-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Commons is a luxury but when he's in the mood he's a very decent player.

We shouldnt have English born players like him or Fletcher in the squad anyway though according to some.

Source for last statement? Actually, don't bother, because you made that up.

Alex Trager
04-09-2012, 09:30 PM
We should have enough quality in the team to win both games. Anything less than 6 points and it's an underachievement. Potter will naturally have an excuse in this event. Referee's fault most probably

I'm of this opinion too. That may be down to ignorance as to what the Serbian squad is, infact judging from what people are expecting to take from this game, that is exactly the reason. I don't know the squad whatsoever. But I do know the Scotland squad. And I think there is enough quality in there to pick up the required six points. I hope so anyway

basehibby
04-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Really don't know what to expect but I'll predict 4 - draw vs the serbs and a win vs the Macs. Would be delighted not to mention slightly amazed with 6 - good result vs the aussies should boost confidence though so here's hoping

El Gubbz
04-09-2012, 09:45 PM
If anyone has a spare ticket for Wales away please pm me. Couldn't get one myself as 0 ssc points. Gutting after paying 200 to be a member for so many years

soupy
05-09-2012, 05:13 AM
If were as good as the twat Potter makes out, it will be easily 6 points.

Me, well I'm going for 4 if were Lucky.....

Mon the Scots, **** Potter tho...

NAE NOOKIE
05-09-2012, 06:24 AM
Voted 4 coz I think we will draw with Serbia.

Knowing Scotland we will beat Serbia and draw with Macedonia.

Truth is we must get 6 points from these two games .......... C'mon Scotland

ronaldo7
05-09-2012, 07:07 AM
We'll get beat from Serbia with Tosic and Lekic instrumental for them.

We might get a point against Macedonia.

So I'll go for a possible 1.

HotJumBalaya
05-09-2012, 08:06 AM
As long as that twat is in charge of the national team 2 draws is the best we can expect.

Sooner we get rid of him the better. The down side is Scotland need to do badly for that to happen, and hoping the national team lose is not an option.

How many ex arab/yam players get picked before we get turned over, not to mension 'not picking players from the third division' becuase they dont get the competative games they need to compete at international level. Templeton will be thw next ex yam from the third to be picked.

Stevo1875
05-09-2012, 08:06 AM
I'm of this opinion too. That may be down to ignorance as to what the Serbian squad is, infact judging from what people are expecting to take from this game, that is exactly the reason. I don't know the squad whatsoever. But I do know the Scotland squad. And I think there is enough quality in there to pick up the required six points. I hope so anyway

were you a scout for colin calderwood? :wink:

Steve-O
05-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Surely we should be looking to beat Wales home and away FFS? :confused:

Though as everyone else has mentioned, nothing is certain with the stubborn dickhead prick Levein in charge. You can tell I like him eh? :greengrin

lucky
05-09-2012, 08:13 AM
If Potter was not in charge then Scotland might have picked up something but as he does not pick the best players then I'm going for 0 points

Squealing pig
05-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Draw with Serbia

Squealing pig
05-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Wales defeat.

Squealing pig
05-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Then potter must go !!

Hainan Hibs
05-09-2012, 08:24 AM
We need 6 points from the first two games, ideally we should be looking for wins in all our home games. Hampden can be a real fortress if the crowd gets right behind the players, hopefully we get a fantastic atmosphere on Saturday. Bring back Ronnie Broon anaw:agree::greengrin

Ideally we should be looking at 7 points going into the game away to Belgium. I'd love 3 points away to Wales but they are always a tricky team for us. They have been decimated by injuries for this weekend so I can't see anything other than a Belgian win.

Looking at the fixtures now however, Wales are at home to Belgium and then away to Serbia before our game in Cardiff. Potentially we could be 6 points ahead, and if we could go 9 ahead then that could already kill off their chances of finishing above us.

What worries me though is the fact we are strong in midfield especially when attacking with players such as Naismith, Morrison and Adam but Levein likes to play defensive even with our defence being iffy, even without the call offs that have occured. A combination of Webster and Berra isn't a defence worth protecting (it seems he wants to stick with Caldwell as DM).

Levein must go for it. Draws like we had against Lithuania in the last campaign will kill us in this group. I'd rather go for it and win 3-2 than look to counter on the break and draw 1-1.

He also has to utilize Rhodes. We can't afford to bank on Miller. He done well last campaign but the campaign under Burley showed that there are too many times that he misses sitters which Scotland can't afford to pass on.

Skanko79
05-09-2012, 08:43 AM
no reason whatsoever why we cant get 6 points.

we will need to be on top form to beat serbia, and if we do the confidence should carry on into the macedonia game.

NatureBoy
05-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Voted six points but I'm in no way confident of us picking that up but if we don't IMO we are out, so it's more hope than expectation.
Looking at the Belgium squad and it's pretty formidable, Croatia are always quality and looked good at the Euros, Wales and Serbia could well take points off us but you never know we might surprise a few folk (doubt it).

JIm
05-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Out of curiousity if we pick up 6/6 will Levein get some slack? If we qualify will he get any credit?

I'm hoping for 6, both winnable games and reckon we need to be picking up close to full points from our home games. Belgium and Croatia at home are make or breaks for me.

Hainan Hibs
05-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Out of curiousity if we pick up 6/6 will Levein get some slack? If we qualify will he get any credit?

Yes and yes

GraniteCityHibs
05-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Hope 6

Think 4

Dashing Bob S
05-09-2012, 11:20 AM
We'll get beat from Serbia with Tosic and Lekic instrumental for them.

We might get a point against Macedonia.

So I'll go for a possible 1.

I agree. I see no reason why, under Potters stewardship, we cannot pick up zero points. However, Scotland tend to specialize in slow deaths, so I expect us to display a glimmer of hope against Macedonia.

I wouldn't trust Potter to get us to Portbello in charge of a number 26 bus, do I doubt we'll be anywhere near the Copacabana with him in charge of the team.

Dinkydoo
05-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Can't stand Potter but I'm quietly confident of getting 4 out of 6.

It all depends on which side HP picks to play though.

Famous5forever
05-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Home to Serbia and home to Macedonia - so how many points will we (Scotland) collect?

I Dont like/trust Harry Potter so as long as he is in charge i am not interested

NOLA
05-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Surely we should be looking to beat Wales home and away FFS? :confused:

Though as everyone else has mentioned, nothing is certain with the stubborn dickhead prick Levein in charge. You can tell I like him eh? :greengrin
last time we played wales they gave us a good beating, aaron ramsey and gareth bale are 2 players id hope were injured before we play them so we have a chance tbh

Hibercelona
05-09-2012, 10:22 PM
1 point.

Managing to scrape a draw in the first match and the 5-5-0 failing in the second.

cabbageandribs1875
05-09-2012, 10:37 PM
last time we played wales they gave us a good beating, aaron ramsey and gareth bale are 2 players id hope were injured before we play them so we have a chance tbh

Scotland beat Wales 3-1 last year in the nations cup in dublin

albeit a depleted welsh side :)

LeighLoyal
05-09-2012, 10:38 PM
The players are there to win these two games, even without Fletcher. Belgium and Croatia will be tougher than these two teams.

CalgaryHibs
05-09-2012, 11:02 PM

12 pts

stoneyburn hibs
05-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Six points would be great , reality suggests 1 point

Jim44
06-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Anything less than 6 points makes qualifying unlikely. I said 2 points as being the home team we might get the rub of the green. Realistically I really don't think we'll get any, making qualification almost impossible. In that scenario Levein should get the boot, giving a better manager a very outside chance of qualifying but more importantly time to start building for the next Euros.