PDA

View Full Version : Question Lets Work Together - Why Not You?

down-the-slope
04-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Are you a passionate Hibby with strong views on your club or the wider game in Scotland?
Are you someone who likes to roll up your sleeves and DO rather than just talk?
Do you have skills or experience that you might consider using for the benefit of our club?
With our next LWT full meeting (supporters and management) scheduled for next week - we continue to seek to add to the breadth of those currently involved.

We have formed five working groups, each matched up with one or two members of management. Below are groups and the current range of things being explored

Big Issues with Rod Petrie. Newco, League Restructure, TV deals, Kick off times etc
Vision with Scott Lindsay (possibly Brian Houston new director and Hibby since '54) - the creation of a charter that reinforces and protects the identity of Hibernian FC. Everyone at the club - Supporters, players, coaches, staff, board, management sign up to
Sales/Marketing with Russell Smith. Ticket packages, lotto, bonds, shares, retail, increasing attendances and sponsorship
Matchday with Garry O'Hagan. Atmosphere, announcers, music, theme days, community involvement, standing, flags&displays, ideas from other sports, bums on seats
Communication with Andrew Sleight/David Forsyth. Information to and from supporters, website, Hibs TV, press, media, emails
We are diverse group from a wide range of backgrounds - but we know that the wider support is full of opinionated and talented people that can add more...

Why Not You ? Drop me a PM and I can send more info or arrange to have a phone call with you to answers any questions you might have.

theonlywayisup
04-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Are you a passionate Hibby with strong views on your club or the wider game in Scotland?
Do you have skills or experience that you might consider using for the benefit of our club?
With our next LWT full meeting (supporters and management) scheduled for next week - we continue to seek to add to the breadth of those currently involved.

We have formed five working groups, each matched up with one or two members of management. Below are groups and the current range of things being explored

Big Issues with Rod Petrie. Newco, League Restructure, TV deals, Kick off times etc
Vision with Scott Lindsay (possibly Brian Houston new director and Hibby since '54) - the creation of a charter that reinforces and protects the identity of Hibernian FC. Everyone at the club - Supporters, players, coaches, staff, board, management sign up to
Sales/Marketing with Russell Smith. Ticket packages, lotto, bonds, shares, retail, increasing attendances and sponsorship
Matchday with Garry O'Hagan. Atmosphere, announcers, music, theme days, community involvement, standing, flags&displays, ideas from other sports, bums on seats
Communication with Andrew Sleight/David Forsyth. Information to and from supporters, website, Hibs TV, press, media, emails
We are diverse group from a wide range of backgrounds - but we know that the wider support is full of opinionated and talented people that can add more...

Why Not You ? Drop me a PM and I can send more info or arrange to have a phone call with you to answers any questions you might have.

BUMP! Lots of views on Hibs.net, I am sure that many will want to get involved!

HibsMax
04-09-2012, 04:54 PM
How does Hibs World fit into this? Or put another way, what can we do to help?

down-the-slope
04-09-2012, 07:35 PM
How does Hibs World fit into this? Or put another way, what can we do to help?

Good question!

Maybe the starting point being what are the issues around being a long distance supporter? (Good & Bad) What would alleviate the Bad and Build on the Good?

Hibs7
04-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Have a look at the thread "Hibs on line store" maybe something worth taking up with the club.

HibsMax
05-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Good question!

Maybe the starting point being what are the issues around being a long distance supporter? (Good & Bad) What would alleviate the Bad and Build on the Good?

The biggest issues from my own personal viewpoint, although others agree (I'm just trying not to speak for everyone) are :
1. the Hibs TV website is a shambles. Whomever designed it tried to be too cute. It needs to be simplified. For example, why two links to get to matches (Live Matches and Live Events)? Why is it that when you viist the Hibs TV website is the next upcoming game not the first and most obvious thing you see on your screen? Why should fans need to root around for this information?
2. Quality of some of the streams and highlights is below par.

We are working with the club on some of these issues but if LWT can help then we should take that route as well.

PatHead
06-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Down the slope-Tried to send you a pm. Let me know if you don't get it.

HibsMax
06-09-2012, 03:11 PM
No PMs here, if you're talking to me.

PatHead
06-09-2012, 05:13 PM
No PMs here, if you're talking to me.

Sorry maybe wasn't clear it was aimed at Downtheslope

HibsMax
06-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Sorry maybe wasn't clear it was aimed at Downtheslope

LOL! Sorry, you were clear. I thought you were saying the DTS tried to send me a PM....but then why would you be telling me that? :wink:

down-the-slope
06-09-2012, 07:34 PM
LOL! Sorry, you were clear. I thought you were saying the DTS tried to send me a PM....but then why would you be telling me that? :wink:

I can send you one if you are feeling left out :wink:

HibsMax
06-09-2012, 07:36 PM
I can send you one if you are feeling left out :wink:

That's sweet but don't let my wife find out.

down-the-slope
06-09-2012, 07:39 PM
That's sweet but don't let my wife find out.

Communications Team will be aware of TV issues i'm sure - if not will catch them up with it. Any positives that could be expanded?

HibsMax
06-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Communications Team will be aware of TV issues i'm sure - if not will catch them up with it. Any positives that could be expanded?

I / we don't really have much to add to what we've told / asked Andrew already. From what I gather, he is THE man and our point of contact. We have our questions to them on Hibs World but in general :
1. return to ALL home games being covered,
2. better quality highlights - the Celtic game highlights were good in content but pretty crumby in terms of content i.e., looked like it was filmed through a dirty window.
3. Hibs TV website desperately needs an overhaul. It needs to be simpler and easier to navigate. Upcoming Live games should be front and center, not only viewable after going to the main page and clicking either "Live Matches" or "Live Events" (forget which link is correct but why have two anyway?)

SMAXXA
07-09-2012, 09:54 PM

You have a PM mate

down-the-slope
07-09-2012, 10:23 PM
You have a PM mate

:aok: replied