PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Online Store

Keith_M
04-09-2012, 01:56 PM
I fancied a good moan, as I'm bored at work, so thought I'd mention my favourite subject, Hibs' Online Store. :wink:

I really can't believe just how poor it is. I challenge any of you to buy a Hibs Scarf online, other than a ladies pink scarf or a kids hat and scarf set. There's a grand total of ONE scarf, that is currently out of stock.

I find it impossible to believe that there's another football club anywhere that has an online store that you can't even buy a scarf!

:bitchy:

Allant1981
04-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Ive just been in the shop and its pretty gash, next to nothing in it, was looking to get my 4yr old some stuff but came away with nothing. Waste of a trip

Liam89
04-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Well that's a shame and all but what we're all wondering is if there are any letter O's in stock??? :wink:

In all seriousness that is not great from the club, I had an issue last year of trying to get a long sleeve Hibs top that was temporarily out of stock every week for about 4 months!

lobster
04-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Appalling shop. Not so long ago there was loads of stuff one could peruse. My niece asked me to get her some 'Hibs stuff' to wind her Jambo dad up.
Nada. Zilch.
C'mon Hibs, whats the score? :dunno:

HibbyAndy
04-09-2012, 02:58 PM
The hibs shop doesn't even sell an Autograph book, That sums it up for me, It really does.

green glory
04-09-2012, 03:17 PM
The hibs shop doesn't even sell an Autograph book, That sums it up for me, It really does.

I used to have one with Sid James and Giant Haystack's autographs amongst others.

I don't think anyone's sold autograph books since then.

green&left
04-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Was gonna pop along to see if i could pick up a polo or tshirt for holidays..? Not much point it seems..?

green glory
04-09-2012, 03:23 PM
There's plenty in the shop they just haven't updated the website yet.

The new range of darker green scarfs are particularly spiffing!

TamHibs
04-09-2012, 04:15 PM

Um...... They do actually, right next to the cash tills.

HibbyAndy
04-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Um...... They do actually, right next to the cash tills.

Um...Well actually i asked the girl at the cash registers and was told 'no we dont have any' :aok:

TamHibs
04-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Um...Well actually i asked the girl at the cash registers and was told 'no we dont have any' :aok:

Should've looked to your right. There are 2 different types. One with a cartoonish cover obv aimed at younger fans & there is one which is faux leather.

Saorsa
04-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Um...Well actually i asked the girl at the cash registers and was told 'no we dont have any' :aok:I'd have a proper look yersel rather than ask. I went in a few days efter the Huddersfield game tae try and pick up a programme and was telt at the counter there were none left so I went along tae the boy in the programme shop for it. A few days efter the yams game I went in for a programme for that game and got it and beside them were leftover programmes from the Huddersfiled game. :rolleyes:

had tae pay an extra 50p for the yin oot the programme shop, Petrie :grr:

:greengrin

HibbyAndy
04-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Should've looked to your right. There are 2 different types. One with a cartoonish cover obv aimed at younger fans & there is one which is faux leather.

Thanks, Ill get one at the next home game for the boy.

HibbyAndy
04-09-2012, 04:35 PM
I'd have a proper look yersel rather than ask. I went in a few days efter the Huddersfield game tae try and pick up a programme and was telt at the counter there were none left so I went along tae the boy in the programme shop for it. A few days efter the yams game I went in for a programme for that game and got it and beside them were leftover programmes from the Huddersfiled game. :rolleyes:

That really dusnae surprise me J:rolleyes:

Beefster
04-09-2012, 04:40 PM
The retail operation is one of the many areas that the new CEO, when appointed, needs to have a long, hard look at.

Allant1981
04-09-2012, 05:04 PM
There's plenty in the shop they just haven't updated the website yet.

The new range of darker green scarfs are particularly spiffing!

there really isnt plenty in the shop. I was in today and there is hardly anything.

unless you were talking about scarfs then yip there are a few

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2012, 05:17 PM
there really isnt plenty in the shop. I was in today and there is hardly anything.

unless you were talking about scarfs then yip there are a few

If you are a xxl ( i know) :greengrin then there is very little in the shop, and thats been the case since the season started. Maybe its me, but i thought if you run out of something its either because you did not buy enough, or its the most popular and you need to get more in?

bigstu
04-09-2012, 05:26 PM
our online shop is pathetic, i have seen wee local shops with a better online system and better product range available. The shop webpage is like something out of the dark ages!

Just Alf
04-09-2012, 06:03 PM
If you are a xxl ( i know) :greengrin then there is very little in the shop, and thats been the case since the season started. Maybe its me, but i thought if you run out of something its either because you did not buy enough, or its the most popular and you need to get more in?

This!

Like it or loathe it, I tried to get an xxl 3rd strip the day they came out ..... None available!

Truth be told I'd prefer a 3xl .... The skin tight look ain't a good one ;-) .... But its never gonna happen :-(

Petrie!!!!

cocopops1875
04-09-2012, 06:13 PM
our online shop is pathetic, i have seen wee local shops with a better online system and better product range available. The shop webpage is like something out of the dark ages!

Agree :agree: Does it even have the Keepers shirts on it yet ? available for weeks in the shop

ginger_rice
04-09-2012, 06:53 PM
I emailed the club a few weeks back about the on line shop.....never even got an acknowledgement!

Jonnyboy
04-09-2012, 07:23 PM

Long time since you or I went looking for XXL G :greengrin

Piqué
04-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Confident I would waste many pounds on pointless accessories if they were made available. Easy money for the club if they would bother themselves !

marleyhib
04-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Online shop is awful and Hibs know it, they just aren't willing to invest in a new one basically because the income from the shops has fallen dramatically over the last few years.

Seems small minded as they would recoup their investment in a couple of months.

TrickyNicky
04-09-2012, 11:08 PM
I too have had a look online for my wee laddie and there's not much.

There may be lots more in the shop - I'm not sure.

Are there cups, mugs, pens, pencils, rulers, pencil cases, kids pyjamas, lunch boxes, drink bottles, key-rings, pillow cases in the shop??

The above are all cheaply manufactured and would probably be in the price bracket that would sell .

jacomo
04-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Online shop is awful and Hibs know it, they just aren't willing to invest in a new one basically because the income from the shops has fallen dramatically over the last few years.

Seems small minded as they would recoup their investment in a couple of months.

Yes it's dumb. The online shop used to be quite good as well... The problem is that by letting things slide Hibs give the impression that they really don't give a ****.

I think the club's entire marketing and customer operation is mediocre at best, and their digital strategy is woeful.

RyeSloan
05-09-2012, 11:01 AM

Are there cups, mugs, pens, pencils, rulers, pencil cases, kids pyjamas, lunch boxes, drink bottles, key-rings, pillow cases in the shop??

The above are all cheaply manufactured and would probably be in the price bracket that would sell .

To a degree there is but the range is not vast.

The kids clothing is also pretty poor...there is a number of posters on here saying they have went in with their kid and walked out with nothing. I'm not suprised to be honest, been there myself.

As someone has already said the retail operaiton needs a good overhaul...I understand there is a certain limitation due to the size of the customer base but really it shouldn't bee too difficult to get the shop full (it's pretty sparse) and to make sure there is plenty of items for kids in particular.

Dalkeith
05-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Yes it's dumb. The online shop used to be quite good as well... The problem is that by letting things slide Hibs give the impression that they really don't give a ****.

I think the club's entire marketing and customer operation is mediocre at best, and their digital strategy is woeful.

this

ginger_rice
05-09-2012, 03:21 PM

:agree: I can get things like mugs on ebay, but none of the profit would go to the club, also, years ago the club had a really good range of leisure ware, for instance I have a really good quality polo shirt which I'd like to replace but not now available either on line or in the shop.

IWasThere2016
05-09-2012, 03:27 PM
The retail operation is one of the many areas that the new CEO, when appointed, needs to have a long, hard look at.

Cash only, church hall, jumble sales are the future .. ala the Gorgie Puddle Drinkers :agree:

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2012, 03:29 PM
:agree: I can get things like mugs on ebay, but none of the profit would go to the club, also, years ago the club had a really good range of leisure ware, for instance I have a really good quality polo shirt which I'd like to replace but not now available either on line or in the shop.

I have said this before, but in my opinion the club should have certain items like polo shirts and plain round neck t shirts of a better quality than the sponsored stuff.

I'm not talking about lyle & scott quality, but just good quality cotton.

It should be sponsor free, and just have the badge on it, and when stock runs down they replace it.

That kind of item never goes out of fashion, and in my opinion will always sell.

Half the stuff has crap emblazoned all over it, and must put a large percentage of folk off?

Plain and simple please, but decent quality.

Keith_M
05-09-2012, 03:55 PM
I have said this before, but in my opinion the club should have certain items like polo shirts and plain round neck t shirts of a better quality than the sponsored stuff.

It should be sponsor free, and just have the badge on it, and when stock runs down they replace it.

That kind of item never goes out of fashion, and in my opinion will always sell.

Half the stuff has crap emblazoned all over it, and must put a large percentage of folk off?

:agree:

I really agree with this. There's a large number of classic items of clothing that you can have no matter what the current style/sponsor. I got a T-Shirt a few years back that was really nice cotton and had a kind of American College style writing of Hibernian and the Hibs badge on it.. no sponsor cr*p. I've now worn it out and would like to replace it but there's realy nothing that takes my fancy.

I've actually considered getting a Werder Bremen T-Shirt (http://www.werder-fanshop.de/de/64/1316/Werder-Bremen-T-Shirt-Lebenslang)instead

cocopops1875
05-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Said this exact thing on the other shop thread blackpool, classic stuff that is constant and timeless with smaller limited runs of the more "spur of the moment" shirts (rankins squiggler shirt for example). Classics will sell and of course stocking and restocking the current shirt should be a minimum requirement for the clubstore

ginger_rice
05-09-2012, 05:12 PM

:top marks absolutely correct, IIRC the pole shirt I have is by Glendale, been wearing it for years, I also used to buy casual shirts which had a very discrete HFC logo on them could wear them anywhere.

Gatecrasher
06-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Hibs are in a difficult position, Hibs only have a limited market when selling things so when working out the next line of items to sell they would have to consider how well these things are going to sell, i'm sure they will have a past record of what sells and what doesn't.

Keith_M
06-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Hibs are in a difficult position, Hibs only have a limited market when selling things so when working out the next line of items to sell they would have to consider how well these things are going to sell, i'm sure they will have a past record of what sells and what doesn't.

I'm sure that's all true but, by your logic, they must have decided that football scarves don't sell, as they currently have none that you can buy online.

Biff Tannen
06-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Ive just been in the shop and its pretty gash, next to nothing in it, was looking to get my 4yr old some stuff but came away with nothing. Waste of a trip

i went on the Thursday before the SC final and was closed at 5...FIVE...2 days before the biggest game ever.. sums it up for me..

Bristolhibby
06-09-2012, 01:28 PM
:top marks absolutely correct, IIRC the pole shirt I have is by Glendale, been wearing it for years, I also used to buy casual shirts which had a very discrete HFC logo on them could wear them anywhere.

I have one of these. Bottle green with the Hibs badge.

Ancient, but wear it all the time. Good quality, 100% cotton.

Petrie!!!!

J

LancashireHibby
06-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Just upgraded my phone....and there aren't any I-Phone covers in stock on the online shop! Anyone know if the actual shop have any?

green glory
06-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Just upgraded my phone....and there aren't any I-Phone covers in stock on the online shop! Anyone know if the actual shop have any?

I was in the shop before the St Johnstone game and they had them to the right of the counter.

LancashireHibby
06-09-2012, 03:09 PM
I was in the shop before the St Johnstone game and they had them to the right of the counter.
Cheers, will try and pick one up at the Killie game. "The Product you are looking for is temporarily out of stock or no longer available" according to the online shop!

Gatecrasher
06-09-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm sure that's all true but, by your logic, they must have decided that football scarves don't sell, as they currently have none that you can buy online.
Scarfs are obviously a given but I was thinking more along the lines on stationary and the novelty items that were being mentioned.

Beefster
06-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Scarfs are obviously a given but I was thinking more along the lines on stationary and the novelty items that were being mentioned.

I'd have thought that crap like that would be some of the stuff that would never go out of fashion and so could be stocked in the knowledge that it would be sold eventually.

Piqué
10-09-2012, 05:21 PM
To be fair to them there has been a few more items added in the last few days. Possibly as a result of this thread and the other one?