PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Upton Park or White Hart Lane?

CB_NO3
04-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Hi guys, am heading down to London on Sat 6th October. I wouldn't mind taking in a game while am there. West Ham and Spurs are both at home that weekend. Spurs play Aston Villa at 3pm on the Sunday and West Ham play Arsenal at 5.30pm on the Sat. Am guessing both will sell out so it will probably be difficult to get tickets. Chelsea are also at home but I hate them so dont fancy it. I was just wondering whats the chances of getting tickets and do you think you need to be on the database to get them?. Sure there has been a few Hibby's that have been to both stadiums in the past, so any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers
CB

green&left
04-09-2012, 01:14 PM
West Ham v Arsenal is on general sale online. £55 is the cheapest

The_Todd
04-09-2012, 01:17 PM
I've got tickets for Spurs v Villa that weekend. I've no idea if its open to public sale or not but there were precious few left when I last checked.

Its easy to register on the spurs database, you just need an email address. There's no need to buy a ticket to get onto it unlike hibs. As soon as you register you'll be able to login to eticketing - same as Hibs- and see if there's any seats left.

Good luck!

GloryGlory
04-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Hi guys, am heading down to London on Sat 6th October. I wouldn't mind taking in a game while am there. West Ham and Spurs are both at home that weekend. Spurs play Aston Villa at 3pm on the Sunday and West Ham play Arsenal at 5.30pm on the Sat. Am guessing both will sell out so it will probably be difficult to get tickets. Chelsea are also at home but I hate them so dont fancy it. I was just wondering whats the chances of getting tickets and do you think you need to be on the database to get them?. Sure there has been a few Hibby's that have been to both stadiums in the past, so any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers
CB

I've been to both grounds in recent years. You should go onto the websites - you may have to buy a season-long membership to get some degree of priority of tickets (even then not guaranteed). Avoid ticket agencies (unless you've just won the lottery).

BTW, neither ground is that easy to get to from central London. West Ham station on the District Line is only two minutes walk from the ground, but the police have a queuing system on the way back after the game which involves a long walk alongside the train line back towards town and then a long walk back to West Ham station.

Spurs the same - got off at Seven Sisters, but I think there may be a station a wee bit nearer.

Food/drinking establishments in the vicinity of either ground are not plentiful and not particularly good.

The_Todd
04-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Ok, here's the script. Spurs v Villa is now open to general sale (ie any old sod) and there are tickets available. There probably won't be loads left, but more than usual. If you want to get to WHL I'd register on the eTicketing website (https://www.eticketing.co.uk/tottenhamhotspur/default.aspx) quick sharp before they go.

Oh, by the way Spurs v Chelsea tickets went on sale today to members so when you're logging in you may see a queue but don't worry, it's not a long one (took me literally 2 minutes to get in).

Scottiedog007
04-09-2012, 01:52 PM
I was down working in London last weekend and chanced my luck on Friday and got a ticket no problem for the West Ham v Fulham game it did cost me £51 for the pleasure though

.Sean.
04-09-2012, 02:03 PM
£51 for West Ham v Fulham. Is it any wonder football's ****ed?

LancashireHibby
04-09-2012, 02:37 PM
£51 for West Ham v Fulham. Is it any wonder football's ****ed?
A game that was a 12.30(?) kick off and live on telly.

jgl07
04-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Spurs the same - got off at Seven Sisters, but I think there may be a station a wee bit nearer.

White Hart Lane Station to be precise.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Got off the tube at Upton Park Station not West Ham or you will be in for a long walk! I'm ashamed to say I made that mistake the first time I went to The Boleyn Ground!

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2012, 03:37 PM
The Duke of Edinburgh, Queens and The Boleyn are all proper Hammers pubs near the stadium.

WHUHibs
04-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Forget spurs,,,,can't stand them!!!!

I'm on database on west ham as I regularly buy tickets..if you want them let me know and I will get them for you,,,

LancashireHibby
04-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Millwall v Bolton is the game of the day in London on that date :wink:

Brentford are at home as well if you fancy doing the 'four corners' challenge.

sbell1875
04-09-2012, 05:17 PM
West Ham v Arsenal is on general sale online. £55 is the cheapest

£55?! Pure mental! I went down to St. James's Park in January for Newcastle vs QPR and the ticket was £25 for the Gallowgate End.

London football is a rip off. Fact. I'd rather go on all the tours of the major stadiums in London.

HH81
04-09-2012, 05:42 PM
I have been to both grounds think spurs ground shades it.

Then again I was in the newcastle end and it was a great afternoon. Had the worst seats in the world at Upton park

Basildon Hibs
04-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Got off the tube at Upton Park Station not West Ham or you will be in for a long walk! I'm ashamed to say I made that mistake the first time I went to The Boleyn Ground!

Correct, Hutchy. West Ham station is about two miles from Upton Park/Boleyn Ground.:agree:

The_Todd
04-09-2012, 06:13 PM
All this talk of £50 tickets for West Ham is mental. There's still tickets at White Hart Lane for the Villa match going for £37. Expensive, especially by SPL standards sure, but much easier to contemplate spending.

KingFranck
04-09-2012, 06:40 PM
£55?! Pure mental! I went down to St. James's Park in January for Newcastle vs QPR and the ticket was £25 for the Gallowgate End.

London football is a rip off. Fact. I'd rather go on all the tours of the major stadiums in London.

I bought a year long membership for Newcastle for £20 gets me priority for tickets and first match of the season v Spurs cost £34 for me and £15 for the son. Villa would have been £25 so yep London matches are a rip off defo

CB_NO3
04-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Cheers for the info guys. Would much rather pay the 37 quid to watch the yids (tin hat on) rather than 50+ for West Ham. Could watch the West Ham game in the boozer. Might go to White Hart Lane on the Sunday and hit Camden on the Saturday.

tamig
04-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Shame your dates don't coincide with an Arsenal home game. The Emirates is a fabulous experience. Top drawer.

HH81
04-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Shame your dates don't coincide with an Arsenal home game. The Emirates is a fabulous experience. Top drawer.

Agree with that. Enjoyed arsenal ground and experience much better than Wembley.

Plus I was at a cup final at Wembley too.

Lofarl
04-09-2012, 09:51 PM
West Ham play in Maroon and are managed by Sam Allerdyce. Spurs it is then.

iwasthere1972
05-09-2012, 12:43 PM
The Duke of Edinburgh, Queens and The Boleyn are all proper Hammers pubs near the stadium.

Well the one I went in just down from the ground was a complete dive but the upside is that I got off at the correct station. I am talking 1997 and would imagine it will have improved since then. Maybe got it's windows cleaned. I do recall that it was something like 30 stops on the train from central London.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-09-2012, 01:12 PM
The Boleyn is down from the ground on the corner of Green St/Barking Road, it probably hasn't changed much since you were there!

I'm sure its about a dozen stops from KX.

S.sct
06-09-2012, 09:25 PM
All this talk of £50 tickets for West Ham is mental. There's still tickets at White Hart Lane for the Villa match going for £37. Expensive, especially by SPL standards sure, but much easier to contemplate spending.

The hammers game will probably be a cat A game. Still very expensive for a game of fitba.

Winston Ingram
07-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Cheers for the info guys. Would much rather pay the 37 quid to watch the yids (tin hat on) rather than 50+ for West Ham. Could watch the West Ham game in the boozer. Might go to White Hart Lane on the Sunday and hit Camden on the Saturday.

The way White Hart Lane has been built it really helps the atmosphere. It's a great stadium. It is a pain to get to however. Your best getting the train from Liverpool St to White Hart Lane but they are absolutely jam packed.

On top of that you'll get to see some top players there which you won't at West Ham:agree: