PDA

View Full Version : Stanton signs new contract

Liam89
04-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Till 2015, well done Sammy! :flag:

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2012, 10:18 AM
there's not enough young laddies been breaking through and starring for the first team for quite a while now(which must concern RP), hopefully the wee stanton man can :agree: well done

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120904/stanton-agrees-new-contract_2262950_2910091

Liam89
04-09-2012, 10:26 AM
there's not enough young laddies been breaking through and starring for the first team for quite a while now(which must concern RP), hopefully the wee stanton man can :agree: well done

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120904/stanton-agrees-new-contract_2262950_2910091

Cheers for the link! We've had a little slump in recent years with our youth players breaking through and making a name for themselves but hopefully we see Handling, Caldwell and Stanton go on to becoming key players. :agree:

matty_f
04-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Heard a lot of good things about this lad, so hopefully he fulfills his potential at Hibs.

Look forward to seeing him in the first team sooner rather than later. :pfgwa

Golden Bear
04-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Heard a lot of good things about this lad, so hopefully he fulfills his potential at Hibs.

Look forward to seeing him in the first team sooner rather than later. :pfgwa

:agree:

And hopefully he'll not have to go down the now usual path of our more promising youngsters. If they're good enough then get them playing asap --------------- FOR US!

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2012, 10:50 AM
I'd love it if we could have another Stanton play regularly in our team again, it just has a great sound to it. :thumbsup:

Good luck to the lad, i really hope he and the others mentioned make it and become the backbone of our team for years to come. :thumbsup:

3pm
04-09-2012, 05:20 PM
I often wonder why don't have more youngsters breaking through. Where did all the 10 and 11 year olds go when Thomson, Riordan, Brown etc broke through? I'd have thought we would have had the cream of the crop signing for Hibs when they saw youth got it's chance.

Lester B
12-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Just saw this thread. Sam lives in the same street as my recently widowed mum. She waved to him in the street a couple of weeks back and he was on the phone so waved back. Ten minutes later he's ringing the doorbell, coming in for a cup of tea and asking how she is doing and if she is coping OK.

I hope Sammy is a big success as a footballer but after that he's already a success as a man in my book.

FranckSuzy
12-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Just saw this thread. Sam lives in the same street as my recently widowed mum. She waved to him in the street a couple of weeks back and he was on the phone so waved back. Ten minutes later he's ringing the doorbell, coming in for a cup of tea and asking how she is doing and if she is coping OK.

I hope Sammy is a big success as a footballer but after that he's already a success as a man in my book.

I must be hormonal as this made me :boo hoo: What a great guy.

Future17
12-09-2012, 01:21 PM

Good to hear about a young player with his feet on the ground. Thanks for sharing. :aok: