PDA

View Full Version : Still some good free agents needing a team (merged)

Chris.igoe
04-09-2012, 09:45 AM
http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist

Kenny1875
04-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Let's go for James McPike

Cocaine&Caviar
04-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Lets sign James McPike, like the sound of him. :flag:

Cabbage East
04-09-2012, 09:50 AM
I'd be happy if we landed James McPike.

Pretty Boy
04-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Has anyone mentioned James McPike yet?

Chris.igoe
04-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Eh

NatureBoy
04-09-2012, 10:04 AM
James McPike on a three year deal please, I don't care if he's any good the comedy value alone should be enough to ensure his signature.

Purehibee_MYB
04-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Loads of good players in there.. Paul Scharner for one, not that he'd come to us. Danny Gabbidon too and Mikael Forsell

Thomson
04-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Let's go for James McPike

Lets sign James McPike, like the sound of him. :flag:

Has anyone mentioned James McPike yet?

James McPike on a three year deal please, I don't care if he's any good the comedy value alone should be enough to ensure his signature.

Is this not the same reason we wanted hanlon and o'hanlon? :wink:

Piqué
04-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Definitely worth getting a few of these guys in on trial at the very least. A winger or two and a back up CB being the priorities.

California-Hibs
04-09-2012, 10:16 AM
james Beattie, Darius Vassell, Owen Hargreaves, James McFadden, Michael Owen, Emile Heskey, Nigel Reo Coker

I'll have them please :greengrin

Hermit Crab
04-09-2012, 10:22 AM

There's something fishy about this guy.........

andy1875
04-09-2012, 10:29 AM

I see Phil Airey is looking for a new club, he might be worth a shot :greengrin

Hermit Crab
04-09-2012, 10:30 AM
I see Phil Airey is looking for a new club, he might be worth a shot :greengrin

As is Tom Soares...............:rolleyes:

GraniteCityHibs
04-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Phil Airey...... :wink:

GraniteCityHibs
04-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Sam Sodje!!! Get Him IN!!!!!

I miss the big fella too! Can we have him back!??

Green&White
04-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Doubt we could afford him but it would be worth pushing the boat out for akos buzsaky. class act of a player who would walk the spl.

easty
04-09-2012, 10:50 AM
I never realised just how much Roman Bedner looks like Stephen Crainey...

LeighLoyal
04-09-2012, 10:56 AM
As is Tom Soares...............:rolleyes:

I liked Soares. Wouldn't object to getting him back.

ScottB
04-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Not a great many wingers there, especially left sided ones.

In general some really decent guys that might be worth an approach if we have the budget...

Chris.igoe
04-09-2012, 11:13 AM
What about lee naylor

SteveHFC
04-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Giles Barnes?

PatHead
04-09-2012, 11:33 AM
I thought Gary Kenneth might be on the list not realising he had signed for Bristol Rovers. When he wasn't I looked at Wiki and noticed he got injured in the warm up for his debut against Barnet. He is out for 6 weeks with a torn hamstring.

Know you shouldn't laugh.........................but this was a Scotland call up under Levein

Cabbage_Patch
04-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Mcfadden and buzaky would great signings in areas we need strengthening however unless we got rid of a few then wages will be a stumbling block as per :rolleyes:

Also dare i say bednar?

Could he do a job for us?

Tha Cabbage Kid
04-09-2012, 12:46 PM
always loved george boeteng! getting on a bit now bud such a hard worker. loved his time at the boro! when he left, the boro were half a team. was a sad day

allezsauzee
04-09-2012, 12:46 PM
I thought Gary Kenneth might be on the list not realising he had signed for Bristol Rovers. When he wasn't I looked at Wiki and noticed he got injured in the warm up for his debut against Barnet. He is out for 6 weeks with a torn hamstring.

Know you shouldn't laugh.........................but this was a Scotland call up under Levein

i'm surprised he's not still in the squad with that diddy in charge

Leishy1995
04-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Joe McKee is good on FM!

Wotherspiniesta
04-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Giles Barnes?

Signed for an American team I think.

Danny Webber? Thought he was quite decent at Sheff Utd.

Oh and on page 6...Can we bring in Joe McCann. Pretty sure thats Javier Hernandez in a Leeds shirt!

Northernhibee
04-09-2012, 02:03 PM

I think we should let Hertz sign McPike, it'd be like Goldberg and Gillberg in the older days of wrestling. McPike could be a total bombscare and liability, and such a perfect backup for Zaliukas.

Jim44
04-09-2012, 02:33 PM
I often wonder how there are so many free agents around. Chronic injury problems, over-estimated (self and agents) valuation of their waning ability, bad relationships with other players and management, troublemakers, bad habits and lifestyle and the biggest single issue ........ inflexible on wages considering their position. It's a bit of a minefield for a manager to weed out the chaff from the wheat.

Greendub
04-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Was bednar not at east mains today?

I don't know for certain, just a comment a fellow hibee made

Green&White
04-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Was bednar not at east mains today?

I don't know for certain, just a comment a fellow hibee made

I think it might have been he was just in tranent trying to find ian black or garry O for some washing powder :greengrin

beensaidbefore
04-09-2012, 06:41 PM
What players do we know of that are available on a free/outwith the transfer window?

Not got a clue, just wondering if there are any we could potentially afford?

Cheers

erin go bragh
04-09-2012, 06:50 PM
See the free agents thread below .

ggtth

Jonnyboy
04-09-2012, 07:37 PM

You can bring him back but only if you agree to keeping him in Falkirk on match days :wink:

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Akos Buzsaky would be class but will never come to Hibs.

I'd take Easton, Bednar, The Wardrobe 'Papa Bouba Diop' or Paul Robinson.

We could have a punt on Michel Salgado....:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
04-09-2012, 08:08 PM

I can only assume you are referring to the fact that you have met him and like him as a person because as a player he done **** all to make anyone like him.

Ultrabee1-0
05-09-2012, 03:22 AM
Mcfadden.

Chris.igoe
05-09-2012, 07:31 AM
http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist this will tell u mate

down-the-slope
05-09-2012, 07:33 AM
What players do we know of that are available on a free/outwith the transfer window?

Not got a clue, just wondering if there are any we could potentially afford?

Cheers

See the free agents thread below .

ggtth

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?244795-Still-some-good-free-agents-needing-a-team

beensaidbefore.....it has beensaidbefore :greengrin

Winston Ingram
05-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Ferrie Bodde was superb for Swansea in the Championship before he got his knee injury:agree:

RUSSELL LATAPY
05-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Darius vassell I think would be great but probs ask for to much wages.

Anyone know wat he was on at Leicester ?

Franck Stanton
05-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Seems quite a lot of decent players there, anyone know if we are interested in any of them ? Have/are there any been at E/M for a trial ? Seems to have gone all quiet on the rumours front.

Famous5forever
05-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Seems quite a lot of decent players there, anyone know if we are interested in any of them ? Have/are there any been at E/M for a trial ? Seems to have gone all quiet on the rumours front.

A Bit too quiet for my liking not a peep we still need several new players in but with Petrie at the helm it wont happen

cam75
05-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Few good players still out there(salgado)Blackburn rovers at 36 could he still do a shift in the SPL?

HibeeUnderwood
05-09-2012, 02:08 PM

Some decent names on that list. Probably wouldn't go for that Charlie Binns on the first page though. Bet he's rubbish. :wink:

StevieC
05-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Phil Airey...... :wink:

I thought he'd signed for Blyth Spartans?

JimBHibees
05-09-2012, 03:11 PM
I thought he'd signed for Blyth Spartans?

Maybe he has left already as the training ground was more than 50 yards from his house. :greengrin

beensaidbefore
05-09-2012, 06:55 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?244795-Still-some-good-free-agents-needing-a-team

:greengrin:greengrin

beensaidbefore
05-09-2012, 06:56 PM
http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist this will tell u mate

cheers

beensaidbefore
05-09-2012, 07:04 PM
What about Michel Salgado...

A bit old, and much over-priced i'd imagine, but would sell a few strips (Not any XL+ sizes of course!), and would scare the young lads into playing well by all accounts!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%ADchel_Salgado

Piqué
05-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Darius vassell I think would be great but probs ask for to much wages.

Anyone know wat he was on at Leicester ?

Always thought he was pretty terrible myself! Only ever saw him play in the premier league though. Maybe the SPL would suit him but I think you are right about the wages... out of our league in that department!

PS. 100th post!! Does reaching this hallowed landmark mean I'm now allowed to make controversial posts without fear? :wink:

Squealing pig
05-09-2012, 09:40 PM
How do u know how many posts u got? Just outa interest.

Squealing pig
05-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Salgado will never come to hibs and any1 else on list of ex premiership players. And I mean played , not on books like taiwo ex-Chelsea who I do see coming hopefully.

London Hibs FC
05-09-2012, 10:27 PM
How do u know how many posts u got? Just outa interest.

Look to your left, right underneath your user name.

CmoantheHibs
06-09-2012, 04:14 AM
Few good players still out there(salgado)Blackburn rovers at 36 could he still do a shift in the SPL?

What about Michel Salgado...

A bit old, and much over-priced i'd imagine, but would sell a few strips (Not any XL+ sizes of course!), and would scare the young lads into playing well by all accounts!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%ADchel_Salgado

:wink:
:greengrin

Hibs On Tour
10-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Young, seems technically gifted, sounds hungry for football...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19522021

Thoughts?

JimBHibees
10-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Young, seems technically gifted, sounds hungry for football...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19522021

Thoughts?

Seems very odd that he would turn down a 2 year deal with Everton. You would have thought he could have signed and then went out on loan to play more at a lower level though Everton might have not wanted that. Wonder why he still stays at his mums though and the story about his mates sounds a little contrived, so it is possible he is mixing with the wrong type of folk. The bit about staying in his house all day doesnt to be honest sound that good, you would have thought he would be out training and getting fit so he could impress other teams. I am sure that other clubs including Everton would have allowed him to train until he got another club.

Maybe being harsh however the turning down Everton bit seems very odd if he didnt have another club to go to. If I was to put a bet on it I would think he probably has a reputation which other clubs may be scared off whether fair or not.

Hibercelona
10-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Can we please stay away from players who have had a "brush with the law"?

#FromTheCapital
10-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Can we please stay away from players who have had a "brush with the law"?

These kind of players are usually good sweepers though

Franck Stanton
10-09-2012, 10:34 AM
The lad has to be worth a look at the very least. Maybe turned Everton contract down for the reasons he stated - didn't want to be warming the bench and only getting a few minutes football here and there. It is not as though we are over-endowed with forwards now is it ? Offer him a trial and see what he can do, we may just get a wee surprise.

Hibercelona
10-09-2012, 10:38 AM
These kind of players are usually good sweepers though

He'll be doing a lot of sweeping if he doesn't get it together. :agree:

LeighLoyal
10-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Looks worth a punt. :aok:

Just Alf
10-09-2012, 03:34 PM
I'd say he's worth a shot.....

not sure about the in's and out's of a looong trial period but if we can't do as a long trial I'm sure we could get some sort of rolling contract set up with a wages or bonus multiplier/permanent deal on the go, say at Christmas, if he's behaved/performed?....

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Had him in an athletico team that won the champs league a couple of seasons ago in FM. Scored the winner In the final against Chelsea.
Doubt he'd be hibs class based on this.

Tricla
13-09-2012, 11:24 AM
It's all gone quiet on this front. Are we to assume we're done? Anyone got any gen?

Skanko79
13-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Seen the other day on BBC that the lad Jose Baxter is a free agent. Would be a decent signing.

Think he was on trial at Oldham, apparantley turned down a 2 year deal at everton as he wants first team football.

Spike Mandela
13-09-2012, 12:26 PM
When the window closed at end of August there weren't many people who didn't expect us to add 1 or 2 more by the time we played Killie. Even Fenlon admitted we are short in certain areas but he was still looking for new faces.

Are we plain skint or just an unattractive option to those with the qualities we need?

PatHead
13-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Suspect it is the skint bit if we didn't manage to offload everyone we wanted. I can only assume we didn't get the guy from Carlisle when we found out a fee would be due.

Though as I posted on another thread just after deadline day Dundee Utd were signing a French full back. He only arrived yesterday so sometimes things take a bit longer for one reason or other.

You never know.

bingo70
13-09-2012, 12:46 PM
I think the taiwo deal is likely to haven fallen through due to compensation that would have been payable to Carlisle. Just guesswork though

Dalianwanda
13-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Are we plain skint or just an unattractive option to those with the qualities we need?

Are those our only options?

IWasThere2016
13-09-2012, 12:54 PM
When the window closed at end of August there weren't many people who didn't expect us to add 1 or 2 more by the time we played Killie. Even Fenlon admitted we are short in certain areas but he was still looking for new faces.

Funds are obviously tight, and STF has had to shore up the cash-flow for 10/11 and (most likely IMHO) 11/12. Hence also why it has been 16 or so out and half back in.

PF is clearly needing to be very careful with his budget, to make sure all who sign can be relied upon to contribute.

I hadn't heard anything about Taiwo before the rumours on him, and have heard nothing on him or any others since. Hibs are definitely much better at keeping things under wraps these days.

PatHead
13-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Funds are obviously tight, and STF has had to shore up the cash-flow for 10/11 and (most likely IMHO) 11/12. Hence also why it has been 16 or so out and half back in.

PF is clearly needing to be very careful with his budget, to make sure all who sign can be relied upon to contribute.

I hadn't heard anything about Taiwo before the rumours on him, and have heard nothing on him or any others since. Hibs are definitely much better at keeping things under wraps these days.

Serious question- Is it good to keep everything under wraps or do the club create a distrust from supporters? I can understand transfers but other things such as number of season tickets sold, budget, number of players being looked at, etc could be more transparent.

Spike Mandela
13-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Are those our only options?

If we were Barcelona I might have said there was nobody out there available who could improve our team, however we are Hibs and I am sure there many who could improve our options especially in our midfield.

Feel free to suggest other options to open up the debate.

Spike Mandela
13-09-2012, 01:30 PM
“@jamiekborthwick: Interesting face at Easter Road. Midfielder Tom Taiwo is here in the Hibs squad photo, but I understand he hasn't actually signed yet.”

silverhibee
13-09-2012, 01:46 PM

Where does the money come from to fund the budget for January,? knocked out one cup already so no funds from that, or is there money put away from the sale of ST in the summer for January, or is it a case that PF has some money left and he is keeping it until then as he knows there may not be any funds from the club for players in the next window.

silverhibee
13-09-2012, 01:48 PM
“@jamiekborthwick: Interesting face at Easter Road. Midfielder Tom Taiwo is here in the Hibs squad photo, but I understand he hasn't actually signed yet.”

:confused:

Spike Mandela
13-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Where does the money come from to fund the budget for January,? knocked out one cup already so no funds from that, or is there money put away from the sale of ST in the summer for January, or is it a case that PF has some money left and he is keeping it until then as he knows there may not be any funds from the club for players in the next window.

Even if Taiwo signs it is still a very small squad and vulnerable to injuries and suspensions. Hopefully key players can stay fit this year.

PatHead
13-09-2012, 01:56 PM

Sales of half season tickets, cash saved by not employing the players in the summer, higher gates than budgeted for if we carry on at the top of the league, arrival of XXL tops (as an awful lot of people seem to be moaning about it) and finally a cunning fundraising plan none of us know about yet.

Spike Mandela
13-09-2012, 02:37 PM

“@BBCAlLamont: Scottish Premier League clubs have been told they can expect the rest of a payment normally made pre-season in the next week or so.”

Dalianwanda
13-09-2012, 02:44 PM
If we were Barcelona I might have said there was nobody out there available who could improve our team, however we are Hibs and I am sure there many who could improve our options especially in our midfield.

Feel free to suggest other options to open up the debate.

Ok the players we have gone for have changed there demands..pf only wants certain players and is prepared to wait rather than sign any old crap..better offers from other teams...players not fancying spl or living in Scotland..players offered we don't want..phew there's a few ;-)

Spike Mandela
13-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Ok the players we have gone for have changed there demands..pf only wants certain players and is prepared to wait rather than sign any old crap..better offers from other teams...players not fancying spl or living in Scotland..players offered we don't want..phew there's a few ;-)

Yip agree with all that but most of these could fall under the broad umbrella phrase of "hibs being an unattractive option" to these players. This is kind of what I meant by saying that rather than listing every possible scenario of why it may be unattractive to them.

Anyway Dalianwanda looks like Taiwo has signed:aok:Can we expect anymore?

Dalianwanda
13-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Yip agree with all that but most of these could fall under the broad umbrella phrase of "hibs being an unattractive option" to these players. This is kind of what I meant by saying that rather than listing every possible scenario of why it may be unattractive to them.

Anyway Dalianwanda looks like Taiwo has signed:aok:Can we expect anymore? yeah fair enough point..a lot of these things are just out of our hands..

Cool re Taiwo (although I know nowt about him apart from what I've read..fingers crossed! I'm not going to expect new signings and if any come that's a bonus :-)

Famous5forever
13-09-2012, 05:22 PM
“@BBCAlLamont: Scottish Premier League clubs have been told they can expect the rest of a payment normally made pre-season in the next week or so.”

Petrie the old scrooge will have this money locked away in a high interest account the second it hits us this money should be utilized to sign 2 more players as the squad is threadbare out with the 1st eleven even Paddy has admitted this if it all goes wrong Paddy will not be to blame as he has not been backed properly and there is one man to blame for that Don Teflon.

The Falcon
13-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Petrie the old scrooge will have this money locked away in a high interest account the second it hits us this money should be utilized to sign 2 more players as the squad is threadbare out with the 1st eleven even Paddy has admitted this if it all goes wrong Paddy will not be to blame as he has not been backed properly and there is one man to blame for that Don Teflon.

Read TQM's post. We are living on STF handouts.

Jonnyboy
13-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Look to your left, right underneath your user name.

Tried that and all he saw was his bedroom wall :greengrin

shetlandhibee
13-09-2012, 10:00 PM
C'mon surley paddy felon will smile HESKEY:greengrin