PDA

View Full Version : Galbraith told to stay away from East Mains (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

Part/Time Supporter
03-09-2012, 07:24 PM
According to BBC reporter

https://twitter.com/BBCBMcLauchlin/status/242704163685924864

Hibs midfielder Danny Galbraith told to stay away from clubs training ground. 22 year old has not featured for 1st team since January.

soupy
03-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Sounds promising :-)

sbell1875
03-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Why would he be told this?

Jonnyboy
03-09-2012, 07:27 PM

Indeed

Very odd, if true

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Just read this, strange.

Looks like something has happened.

M11BMO
03-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Go one better and release him.

Hibercelona
03-09-2012, 07:31 PM

The club obviously feel that he's been having a bad influence on the rest of the squad. If thats the case, then I'm glad they've told him to scram.

Part/Time Supporter
https://twitter.com/BBCBMcLauchlin/status/242705427308109824

Galbraith was injured at the end of last season. Hibs refuse to comment on the situation. More soon @bbcsportsound

Curious.

LeighLoyal
Looks like Fenlon is not tolerating any deadwood. A change from the dumplings in charge before him.

nonshinyfinish
03-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Looks like Fenlon is not tolerating any deadwood. A change from the dumplings in charge before him.

It can't possibly just be because Fenlon think's he's not good enough - surely it would he's disruptive or a bad influence or something. If it's true.

Sergey
03-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Turned up pissed for training after being previously given a stern warning.

greenlex
03-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Maybe he smells?

Beefster
03-09-2012, 07:35 PM

If this is true, I don't understand why he wasn't just sacked.

LeighLoyal
03-09-2012, 07:36 PM
It can't possibly just be because Fenlon think's he's not good enough - surely it would he's disruptive or a bad influence or something. If it's true.

I doubt he'd be told to stay away if Fenlon rated him enough, bad behaviour by others has been tolerated before. Griffiths being one.

edit:
Just read the pissed at training bit. That'll explain it then.

Golden Bear
03-09-2012, 07:36 PM

Some folk might actually believe that even though it is utter drivel.

Billy Whizz
03-09-2012, 07:37 PM

I'm sure someone on here knows him well, and he doesn't drink at all!

Sergey
03-09-2012, 07:38 PM

Indeed.

Speedway
I doubt he'd be told to stay away if Fenlon rated him enough, bad behaviour by others has been tolerated before. Griffiths being one.

edit:
Just read the pissed at training bit. That'll explain it then.

He owes Sparky £500.

nonshinyfinish

Source?

Source?

HibbyAndy
03-09-2012, 07:39 PM

DG Is teetotal.

Golden Bear
He's tee total.

Hibercelona

What a complete waste of an opportunity for the lad. He appeared to be very talented when he first broke through into the 1st team squad. For him to throw it away like this through complete stupidity totally boggles the mind.

Hopefully it will set an example to the rest of the squad.

Billy Whizz
Possibly turned down a loan deal somewhere

hibsbollah
03-09-2012, 07:40 PM
He's complete garbage, despite the celtc goal, so good news all round:aok:

Billy Whizz
03-09-2012, 07:41 PM
He's complete garbage, despite the celtc goal, so good news all round:aok:

Doesn't help get him off the wage bill though

IWasThere2016
03-09-2012, 07:41 PM

This. Got a whisper he was going to Livi last week, and then nothing. I think he's refused to go out.

scoopyboy
03-09-2012, 07:42 PM

I wondered that as well.

madabouthibs
Who? :cool2:

Billy Whizz
This. Got a whisper he was going to Livi last week, and then nothing. I think he's refused to go out.

If that's the case we don't need stupid rumours that are drink related, unhelpful for all

Golden Bear
03-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Witchhunt in progress tonight by the looks of things.

CropleyWasGod
03-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Doesn't help get him off the wage bill though

Oh I dunno.... saves on first-team appearance money.

Oh... wait....:greengrin

Jonnyboy
What a complete waste of an opportunity for the lad. He appeared to be very talented when he first broke through into the 1st team squad. For him to throw it away like this through complete stupidity totally boggles the mind.

Hopefully it will set an example to the rest of the squad.

Apologies wee_hibee as this may seem I am picking on you when I'm not. Instead I make the point that it is typical of many dot net posters to read something on here and simply accept it as gospel! Your post is written because you've accepted the drunk at training story as gospel. Others have confirmed DG is tee total.

Let's all just wait and see

BroxburnHibee
Witchhunt in progress tonight by the looks of things.

Exactly.

Calm it doon eh :greengrin

sauzee6_2
03-09-2012, 07:47 PM

Have a word with yourself!!! Galbraith has never touched alcohol - why would you make up blatant lies???

People will hammer the press for making up stories, but it's ok for you??? Poor show!

Hiber-nation
03-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Have a word with yourself!!! Galbraith has never touched alcohol - why would you make up blatant lies???

People will hammer the press for making up stories, but it's ok for you??? Poor show!

I think its a failed attempt at being "satirical" :rolleyes:

Sergey
03-09-2012, 07:49 PM

FFS - Have you had an irony by-pass?

sauzee6_2
03-09-2012, 07:53 PM
I think its a failed attempt at being "satirical" :rolleyes:

Your right ...a failed attempt!

Kaiser_Sauzee
03-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Nothing satirical about it. Just utter nonsense.

hibs supporter
03-09-2012, 07:55 PM
he is the last player signed by another manager so maybe fenlon wants his own squad except from sproule but he would have come back no matter who was in charge

cabbageandribs1875
03-09-2012, 08:00 PM
always two sides(nay, make that three) to a story :cb unless it's in the sun i'm believing nowt :greengrin

but seriously, i'm sure the laddie has just started training again recently after injury, and i reckon that's why i couldn't see hibs paying up his contract to get rid, it just wouldn't be good PR

hibee_nation
03-09-2012, 08:01 PM

Ah that old excuse, stop blethering a load of crap :fenlon

MacBean
03-09-2012, 08:04 PM
now on the beeb website
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19470659?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sportsound

Leishy1995
03-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Ok so what's the real story? Who's ITK?

3pm
03-09-2012, 08:06 PM
So he was never pissed on a Saturday afternoon? Wow.

nonshinyfinish
03-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Ok so what's the real story? Who's ITK?

I know f*** all. :boo hoo:

ALF TUPPER
03-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Maybe the boy isnt well - concerns he might spread .... Cold, chest infection etc/... in the squad.

All speculation from a BEEB twatter.

Jonnyboy
03-09-2012, 08:09 PM
So, the player refuses to discuss the matter when asked by BBC reporter, Jambo Brian McLauchlin and according to the Sportsound twitter feed, Hibs have refused to comment which begs the question ............. who told the media this had happened?

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Sergey, you posted the pissed at training comment then said its drivel! I'm suitably confused!

Sas_The_Hibby
03-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Exactly.

Calm it doon eh :greengrin

Awwww, I'd just looked out my pitchfork and flaming torch (pardon the swearing! :greengrin).

Part/Time Supporter
03-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Sounds like the Hibs version of Vladflu.

:greengrin

Holmesdale Hibs
03-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Must be fairly serious given our squad is a bit thin at the moment.

Aldo
03-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Injuryitis

Sas_The_Hibby
03-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Anyone know if Griffiths has headbutted any members of the coaching squad lately? :wink::greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Oh I dunno.... saves on first-team appearance money.

Oh... wait....:greengrin

Imagine if it was a sevco player, according to some it would be a hanging offence!

green glory
03-09-2012, 08:15 PM
I heard he got caught down the railway with a glue bag and a pile of 'noody books'.

Unacceptable if true.

_hucks_
03-09-2012, 08:17 PM

Frankly it looked like you were being serious in your opening post.

Mikey
03-09-2012, 08:18 PM
So, the player refuses to discuss the matter when asked by BBC reporter, Jambo Brian McLauchlin and according to the Sportsound twitter feed, Hibs have refused to comment which begs the question ............. who told the media this had happened?

There's been someone leaking stuff from ER for some time now.

ronaldo7
There was a chocolate eclair missing from the cake box on Friday:agree:

Sergey
Sergey, you posted the pissed at training comment then said its drivel! I'm suitably confused!

The guy doesn't even drink (alcohol) and it was merely a :fishin: exercise.

I really don't know what the problem is, but in Fenlon I trust.

BTW - I do drink :wink:

Jonnyboy
03-09-2012, 08:20 PM

Well then he must be taken aside immediately and told to apply for a job at HoMoFC so we can learn more of their secrets :wink:

greenlex
03-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Galbraith? :greengrin

Stevo1875
03-09-2012, 08:21 PM
seriously hope people on here dont actually believe anyone would be thick enough to turn up to training p!shed after a prior warning!!! im sure some are playing along with the initial poster but then i also wouldnt be surprised if some folk believed that! oh deary me!

anyway, i know what happened, they discovered he has Munchausen Syndrome. FACT

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2012, 08:22 PM
The guy doesn't even drink (alcohol) and it was merely a :fishin: exercise.

I really don't know what the problem is, but in Fenlon I trust.

BTW - I do drink :wink:

Aye, I vaguely remember! Smilies help where sarcasm/irony is being inferred/implied, cannae mind which word is right there! I'm blaming the 6 bottles of Baltika i've consumed! :-)

Prawn Sandwich
03-09-2012, 08:24 PM
The fat Jumbo BBC Reporter...... Well BBC salary taker has never had a scoop in his life before. Galbraith probably has the flu and been told to stay away from East Mains until he is fully recovered. I'm not sure the person who twittered this would have his snout out of the *********** trough to have a real story out of Easter Road. Nothing to be seen here... Move along.

Sergey
03-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Aye, I vaguely remember! Smilies help where sarcasm/irony is being inferred/implied, cannae mind which word is right there! I'm blaming the 6 bottles of Baltika i've consumed! :-)

Send me a PM when you're next down and we'll catch-up for an ale....not at Quinn's, though. Pierre is on holiday and the menu isn't too great compared to some others in the vicinity.

CropleyWasGod
03-09-2012, 08:27 PM
The fat Jumbo BBC Reporter...... Well BBC salary taker has never had a scoop in his life before. Galbraith probably has the flu and been told to stay away from East Mains until he is fully recovered. I'm not sure the person who twittered this would have his snout out of the *********** trough to have a real story out of Easter Road. Nothing to be seen here... Move along.

This is the same reporter who "broke" the story about the shareholders in Rangers, including McCoist's stake. A story that was rubbished by McCoist himself.

That's enough of a recommendation for me. :cb

Jonnyboy
seriously hope people on here dont actually believe anyone would be thick enough to turn up to training p!shed after a prior warning!!! im sure some are playing along with the initial poster but then i also wouldnt be surprised if some folk believed that! oh deary me!

anyway, i know what happened, they discovered he has Munchausen Syndrome. FACT

Sick joke? :wink:

Part/Time Supporter

Doubt it. Hibs would be keen to clarify that it was genuinely a case of flu (or whatever) if there was an "innocent" explanation for this.

Although there is something in saying that there is "nothing to be seen here" because Galbraith has been a non-factor for donkeys.

TheEastTerrace
03-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Either way, instead of letting the rumour vacuum fill as per usual, could the club not provide a statement to confirm the situation? Doesn't have to be war and peace. If they know there is a leak, beat them to it and get in there first with the statement.

WeeRussell
03-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Strange this one - I used to know Danny fairly well but have not spoken to him for a good couple of years now. He never used to drink at all - though for some reason I thought this may have changed (could just be me seeing photos of him on nights out... some people can go on these and not have a bevvy :Ummm:).. anyway that's not important as the previous poster has pointed out he was being "sarcastic"

Regardless of this - I would be very surprised if it was attitude/influence related as (despite many not being a fan of his football) he has never struck me as one of these types. Having said this I did hear a wee rumour that he was perhaps not the biggest fan in the world of the way PF goes about his management.

I would imagine there is something in this and will be interested to find out what it is over the next couple of days. Would be shocked if it was simply because he wouldn't go out on loan somewhere.. perhaps part of an ongoing difference in opinion between the two:confused:

JohnStephens91
03-09-2012, 08:30 PM

Ridiculous that the club have to worry about people leaking out sensitive information or at least information where Hibs have to come out themselves and tell the media it's bull. How come all of these stories come out when we are doing well and picking up points? :confused:

Hibercelona
03-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Apologies wee_hibee as this may seem I am picking on you when I'm not. Instead I make the point that it is typical of many dot net posters to read something on here and simply accept it as gospel! Your post is written because you've accepted the drunk at training story as gospel. Others have confirmed DG is tee total.

Let's all just wait and see

I know that some of the posters on here know players through family and friends, so when I see a post like Sergey's, I assume that they are somebody who is it in the know.

I wish people would stop typing ironic/sarcastic posts, its not as if people can "read" irony or sarcasm.

J-C
03-09-2012, 08:35 PM

There is a lot of viruses going around at the moment, I've been laid low this past 4 days with a chesty cough and my voice nearly gone ( though the wife never complained about that ) :greengrin

basehibby
03-09-2012, 08:43 PM
It's a shame but I have it on good authority than Galbraith is being asked to stay away because he is a werewolf and Rod has melted down all the silver bullets thus leaving the rest of the squad unprotected.

This may seem like peculiar timing since the last full moon passed on 31st August - but this is part of the mystery. We all wondered what happened to all the quality players that PF was poised to sign as the transfer window slammed SHUT! Well now we know - Galbraith ate the lot of them :agree:

DH1875
03-09-2012, 08:44 PM
I don't get it. While he's nowhere near the first team our squad isn't big enough. A couple of injuries and he'd a shoe in for the bench.

HoboHarry
03-09-2012, 08:45 PM
It's a shame but I have it on good authority than Galbraith is being asked to stay away because he is a werewolf and Rod has melted down all the silver bullets thus leaving the rest of the squad unprotected.

This may seem like peculiar timing since the last full moon passed on 31st August - but this is part of the mystery. We all wondered what happened to all the quality players that PF was poised to sign as the transfer window slammed SHUT! Well now we know - Galbraith ate the lot of them :agree:
At last - a poster who really is in the know.......

Viva_Palmeiras
03-09-2012, 08:54 PM

First lol moment in a few weeks that! - don't get out much with a 4 wk old ;)

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Send me a PM when you're next down and we'll catch-up for an ale....not at Quinn's, though. Pierre is on holiday and the menu isn't too great compared to some others in the vicinity.

I'm a man of leisure just now, so watching the pennies, I do have a wee East Coast trains free voucher tho, so, will study the Hibs/Hammers fixtures! Green Street still has a couple of old school pie and mash emporiums!

NYHibby
03-09-2012, 09:10 PM
This is ludicrous, why the hell did we sign a werefwolf in the first place? Rod is an idiot too, he is partly to blame and should also be told to stay away from East Mains.

Have you seen how good Teen Wolf was at basketball? I say it was worth a try, particularly if you can get a werewolf on a free transfer.

LeighLoyal
03-09-2012, 09:13 PM
I do think Galbraith has some ability in there, he could do a Vaz Te on us. Can't rule it out.

Danderhall Hibs
03-09-2012, 09:21 PM
So to sum up, nobody knows anything?!

HoboHarry
03-09-2012, 09:23 PM
So to sum up, nobody knows anything?!
I wonder how many threads that statement could apply to?

Eyrie
03-09-2012, 09:26 PM
If player and team aren't saying anything, it won't be a health issue and most probably is disciplinary so he's been told to stay away until the matter is heard. Been in that situation myself after I went thermonuclear at my boss (still working for him ten years later though!)

Danderhall Hibs
03-09-2012, 09:26 PM
I wonder how many threads that statement could apply to?

Most of them but the difference here is that noones pretending to know anything either!

BTW can someone define irony for me? I don't understand how saying he was bevvied is ironic?

Jonnyboy
03-09-2012, 09:29 PM
ooooh me, me, me. i know somefin.
the term cowboy when used for shoddy workmanship comes from american cowboy's shoeing horses and making them lame..:agree:

That's fascinating :aok:

Now, what's the origins of the word cobowy? Sounds Welsh :greengrin

basehibby
03-09-2012, 09:31 PM
This is ludicrous, why the hell did we sign a werefwolf in the first place? Rod is an idiot too, he is partly to blame and should also be told to stay away from East Mains.

As for eating other players I assume the police have been informed?

:agree: Sting is writing lyrics about the drama as we speak although Gordon Sumner won't do the gig unless he gets to do a jazz guitar solo in the middle. Rod is unavailable for comment lest some sharp eyed journo spots the lupine qualities about his tache and starts asking awkward questions.

Jonnyboy
03-09-2012, 09:33 PM
yeah well.
I tried.

A welsh cowboy is a different beast altogether....

At The Edge
03-09-2012, 09:48 PM
so far i've got Galbraith is an alcoholic werewolf running wild at east mains as Rod has took all the silver so Galbraith knows he can't be killed...yet! and Sting is going to write a musical on the story, but only if hes allowed a jazz solo in the middle.

Is why the Taiwo signing is being held up?

Beefster
03-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Most of them but the difference here is that noones pretending to know anything either!

BTW can someone define irony for me? I don't understand how saying he was bevvied is ironic?

I evidently don't understand irony either.

IWasThere2016
03-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Seem more than a few folks have forgotten that there were posts (weeks ago) saying that DG could leave. He has IMHO refused to move (down) and is content to see out his contract. I expect PF will want the situation resolved soonest. DG being excluded seems to be stage 1 of a process whereby he leaves.

basehibby
03-09-2012, 10:07 PM

If someone gets a bit shirty.... that's when you need irony

offshorehibby
03-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Anybody remember how long is left on his contract.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2012, 10:08 PM

About 10 months.

Danderhall Hibs
03-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Seem more than a few folks have forgotten that there were posts (weeks ago) saying that DG could leave. He has IMHO refused to move (down) and is content to see out his contract. I expect PF will want the situation resolved soonest. DG being excluded seems to be stage 1 of a process whereby he leaves.

Why wouldn't they have just paid him off on deadline day like they did with O'Hanlon? We pay him a bit less than we're due and he gets to be a free agent. With this scenario we both lose?

Danderhall Hibs
03-09-2012, 10:15 PM

Is it ironic that folk quote irony but don't understand what irony means?

GordonHFC
03-09-2012, 10:15 PM

If he leaves now surely he cannot sign for another club. I think you have to be released within the transfer window to be able to sign for another club outside it?

trev the hat
03-09-2012, 10:17 PM

Contract expires next summer i believe,
he is clearly not in PF plans so as TQM says looks like early stage of :bye: every chance as has been stated this has stalled one or more coming in.
I hope PF handles this correctly as a stalemate will only cost us dearly when we need to move quick re free agents. Anyone know who his agent is ??

sahib
03-09-2012, 10:21 PM
If he leaves now surely he cannot sign for another club. I think you have to be released within the transfer window to be able to sign for another club outside it?

That would seem an unfair hindrance to any player trying to earn a living. A breach of human rights case.

jacomo
03-09-2012, 10:30 PM
so far i've got Galbraith is an alcoholic werewolf running wild at east mains as Rod has took all the silver so Galbraith knows he can't be killed...yet! and Sting is going to write a musical on the story, but only if hes allowed a jazz solo in the middle.

Is why the Taiwo signing is being held up?

FFS Petrie, get it sorted.

Allowing Sting back into the limelight would be an unforgivable crime.

By the way have their been any confirmed sightings of O'Hanlon since he left, or is a dog walker going to find his half-chewed remains in the woods tomorrow?

GordonHFC
03-09-2012, 10:34 PM
That would seem an unfair hindrance to any player trying to earn a living. A breach of human rights case.

The very reason why he will have been asked to stay away. Stuck with him until the January window I'm afraid.

Topographic Hibby
03-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Why would he be told this? Spotted on a night-out in Pittenweem. Had a "whale" of a time apparently........

The Green Goblin
04-09-2012, 02:20 AM
I know that some of the posters on here know players through family and friends, so when I see a post like Sergey's, I assume that they are somebody who is it in the know.

I wish people would stop typing ironic/sarcastic posts, its not as if people can "read" irony or sarcasm.

Yup. That's what the smileys/emoticons are for.

Johnny_Leith
04-09-2012, 03:38 AM
Been told this is a load of tripe. Decent player imo however pushes his body too hard hence the injury problems, doubt we'll ever see the best of him at Hibs.

IWasThere2016
04-09-2012, 04:24 AM
Why wouldn't they have just paid him off on deadline day like they did with O'Hanlon? We pay him a bit less than we're due and he gets to be a free agent. With this scenario we both lose?

The offer of a pay-off (if made) would not be his full wage..

Danderhall Hibs
04-09-2012, 05:35 AM
The offer of a pay-off (if made) would not be his full wage..

I know that's what I said. You obviously think we made the offer and he knocked it back preferring to sit his time out. And maybe even push his way back into the team.

scoopyboy
04-09-2012, 05:50 AM
Been told this is a load of tripe. Decent player imo however pushes his body too hard hence the injury problems, doubt we'll ever see the best of him at Hibs.

Yep, this is the saddest bit for me although I would go further and say he will unfortunately slide into oblivion when he leaves Hibs.

I was excited when he joined Hibs and thought what a signing he will turn out to be.

I think now he is mentally scarred with his injuries, not saying that some aren't genuine but they are a lot worse in his head.

Crying shame.

Beefster
04-09-2012, 06:26 AM

It was pretty obvious when we extended his contract last year that it was a horrible mistake. Calderwood and/or Lindsay have a lot to answer for on that one.

If someone gets a bit shirty.... that's when you need irony

Made me chuckle!

Is it ironic that folk quote irony but don't understand what irony means?

You're hurting my head. Please stop it forthwith.

The Falcon
04-09-2012, 07:44 AM
[/B]

Yep, this is the saddest bit for me although I would go further and say he will unfortunately slide into oblivion when he leaves Hibs.

I was excited when he joined Hibs and thought what a signing he will turn out to be.

I think now he is mentally scarred with his injuries, not saying that some aren't genuine but they are a lot worse in his head.

Crying shame.

:agree:

Whilst the guy is undoubtedly talented I have observed, IMO, that he is not that keen on getting stuck in and if thats the case, then the SPL is not the place for him. He is more fortunate than others in that his injuries have occured at clubs where he gets the best of treatment (I am sure last season Hibs used the same clinic/surgeon as ManU). I do not think there are any question marks considering his attitude and application.

Better players than DG have moved down the divisions in order to move forward and, if this is true, then he may regret it. At 22, and with his history, he needs to show other clubs that he is not an injury wreck and by playing regularly for Livi he would have the opportunity to do so. This way there will be doubts.

Its a shame because he was much sought after as a boy and had a promising career in front of him. Now it appears he is trying to salvage what he can.

IWasThere2016
04-09-2012, 07:46 AM
I know that's what I said. You obviously think we made the offer and he knocked it back preferring to sit his time out. And maybe even push his way back into the team.

Apols - I meant to say a lot less and have no idea why I posted what I did :crazy:

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2012, 08:05 AM
I remember when he first signed, thinking this might be a very good signing. It was based on nothing other than where he was coming from though, and i was just hoping he'd be a better quality than we currently had at the time?

I have to say he has been a huge disappointment, the goal away at Parkhead being his only real high spot since signing.

A player who is as injured as he is, is of no use at all to us, and when you add just how poor he has been when given the chance to play or come on as sub, he is up there with the biggest waste of wages we have had.

Sumner
04-09-2012, 08:11 AM
I go with the "getting him out the door" plan. :agree:

Fenlon only seems to want competitive players
around, totally positive from my point of view.

Problem was the pillock who extended this
passenger's contract... and the money man
who sanctioned it.. (who has a tache).

hibbybob
04-09-2012, 08:29 AM
I go with the "getting him out the door" plan. :agree:

Fenlon only seems to want competitive players
around, totally positive from my point of view.

Problem was the pillock who extended this
passenger's contract... and the money man
who sanctioned it.. (who has a tache).

Petrie can't win! Refuse to back the manager's judgement and he's lacking ambition but splash some cash and he's criticised for that!

Having said that the real problem was appointing a dud as manager in the first place!

Brooster
04-09-2012, 08:45 AM

Do you mean he has refused to go on loan or be transferred? DG hasnt trained for at least 4 months due to injury. No club would be remotely interested in taking him at the moment.

easty
04-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Do you mean he has refused to go on loan or be transferred? DG hasnt trained for at least 4 months due to injury. No club would be remotely interested in taking him at the moment.

Of course there would be. Probably nae club that he'd fancy moving to, but it's about time he found his level.

JimBHibees
04-09-2012, 08:56 AM

Was it not mentioned about a week or two ago he was back in training. Vaguely remember it being on the SSN SPL team news ticker. Sounds like a fall out or something about moving or more likely an attempt to reach agreement to terminate and DG not accepting. If that is the case seems a harsh way to deal with him though it may have been he was part of a makeweight for a deal that fell through at the last minute on Friday and club/PF hacked off with that.

J-C
04-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Was it not mentioned about a week or two ago he was back in training. Vaguely remember it being on the SSN SPL team news ticker. Sounds like a fall out or something about moving or more likely an attempt to reach agreement to terminate and DG not accepting. If that is the case seems a harsh way to deal with him though it may have been he was part of a makeweight for a deal that fell through at the last minute on Friday and club/PF hacked off with that.

Yep, probably needed him off the wage bill to bring someone in, he decides either not go on loan or accept severance package, new player to come in hasn't enough in wage bill to cover, all conjecture though.

JimBHibees
04-09-2012, 09:52 AM
No club has came in for him and no club has been offered him.

Ok strange one then, what is your prognosis? Wouldnt terminate contract?

Brooster
04-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Of course there would be. Probably nae club that he'd fancy moving to, but it's about time he found his level.

The fact that no club has tried to sign him would suggest otherwise.

Brooster
04-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Ok strange one then, what is your prognosis? Wouldnt terminate contract?

I dont know mate. I thought we had estabished he was drunk at training :wink:

GordonHFC
04-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Yep, probably needed him off the wage bill to bring someone in, he decides either not go on loan or accept severance package, new player to come in hasn't enough in wage bill to cover, all conjecture though.

Part of this may be correct but PF still was adamant that we were close to signing one, possibly two on Saturday morning whereby he knew at this time that DG would still be around. Don't think it will hinder the bringing in of a couple of new faces.

steviehibsleith
04-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Hasn't played a game for hibs since January - at the time sure it was a ankle knock and he'd be back within a fortnight then couple of months later it was groin.
Think if I was PF I would be unhappy having a tight budget and paying a player all this time .Does anyone know what the injuries were and his he now back fit ?

easty
04-09-2012, 10:17 AM
The fact that no club has tried to sign him would suggest otherwise.

Not really. No club trying to sign him doesnt mean no club would take him. That's not the same thing.

dangermouse
04-09-2012, 10:28 AM
I find it rather worrying the number of players we have paid off over the last year. Most of them have been CC's signings (there can't be many left). Lets hope the next person to leave is because we receive a large transfer fee for him.

Golden Bear
04-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Hasn't played a game for hibs since January - at the time sure it was a ankle knock and he'd be back within a fortnight then couple of months later it was groin.
Think if I was PF I would be unhappy having a tight budget and paying a player all this time .Does anyone know what the injuries were and his he now back fit ?

Strains and sprains mainly but from what I gather he also lacks a bit of mental toughness and some of the perceived problems could in fact be imaginary. He's had a history of such injuries ever since his schoolboy days. Maybe he needs a psychiatrist as opposed to a physiotherapist.

Having said that he's not the type of character who is quite happy to sit back and pick up his wages and I'm sure he'd rather be earning his corn and playing football injury free for a prolonged spell.

Beefster
04-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Strains and sprains mainly but from what I gather he also lacks a bit of mental toughness and some of the perceived problems could in fact be imaginary. He's had a history of such injuries ever since his schoolboy days. Maybe he needs a psychiatrist as opposed to a physiotherapist.

Having said that he's not the type of character who is quite happy to sit back and pick up his wages and I'm sure he'd rather be earning his corn and playing football injury free for a prolonged spell.

Did Katie not have a similar problem after snapping a couple of cruciates? I seem to recall reading that he had been referred to a head guy at either Rangers or Middlesborough.

bingo70
04-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Imo its likely to be the case he's not buying into fenlons management and pf thinks he could be a bad influence if he's moaning behind his back.

JimBHibees
04-09-2012, 10:52 AM
I dont know mate. I thought we had estabished he was drunk at training :wink:

Maybe drinking too much tea had made him appear so. :greengrin

Lungo--Drom
04-09-2012, 12:13 PM
DG still listed on the official club website at 1.10pm today (Tuesday 4th). I know it sometimes takes a while to update it with new players so maybe ditto with departing ones although if he has not actually been given his jotters yet then maybe he could claim harassment if still employed but his page got taken down?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10290~48384,00.html (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10290%7E48384,00.html) (link was working when I posted it, apologies if it stops working at some point)

Total appearances prior to this season including as a sub

2009-10 = 15 (1 goal)
2010-11 = 19 (no goals)
2011-12 = 11 (no goals)

It also says about his time at Man. U., "unfortunately his progress at Old Trafford was stalled due to injury."

If he has been told to stay away from East Mains that doesn't sound good for him.

Lungo--Drom
04-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Have you tried eucalyptus tea? Whoooh! :party:

Maybe drinking too much tea had made him appear so. :greengrin

--------
04-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Petrie can't win! Refuse to back the manager's judgement and he's lacking ambition but splash some cash and he's criticised for that!

Having said that the real problem was appointing a dud as manager in the first place!

And not having the sense to let the same dud head south as soon as it came out he was talking to representatives of other clubs.

Remind me - who exactly are we talking about? :devil:

GordonHFC
04-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Always thought it was strange that he and Paul Cairney are both shown as having the number 11 shirt on the official players profiles. Still not changed.

J-C
04-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Part of this may be correct but PF still was adamant that we were close to signing one, possibly two on Saturday morning whereby he knew at this time that DG would still be around. Don't think it will hinder the bringing in of a couple of new faces.

How much is Danny on, probably expecting him to go on loan or even away, with him still here, his wages are not available to use.

Eric
04-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Always thought it was strange that he and Paul Cairney are both shown as having the number 11 shirt on the official players profiles. Still not changed.

He is 23. It is just the Official Site that has got it wrong.:wink:

dangermouse
04-09-2012, 03:46 PM
DG still listed on the official club website at 1.10pm today (Tuesday 4th). I know it sometimes takes a while to update it with new players so maybe ditto with departing ones although if he has not actually been given his jotters yet then maybe he could claim harassment if still employed but his page got taken down?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10290~48384,00.html (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10290%7E48384,00.html) (link was working when I posted it, apologies if it stops working at some point)

Total appearances prior to this season including as a sub

2009-10 = 15 (1 goal)
2010-11 = 19 (no goals)
2011-12 = 11 (no goals)

It also says about his time at Man. U., "unfortunately his progress at Old Trafford was stalled due to injury."

If he has been told to stay away from East Mains that doesn't sound good for him.

But then so are David Stephens and Sean O'Hanlon with no sign of Ryan McGivern

Hibs On Tour
04-09-2012, 06:40 PM

If that's the reason that's surely at least on the fringes of constructive dismissal? If its because he's permanently injured maybe he's been told to stay away until he's free of whatever his latest bout of hyperventialiting or whatever he's self-diagnosed himself with next week. And the week after. Or it could be genuine and he's just had a bad run of getting new injuries after/while recovering from old ones. Who knows? Perhaps he's picked up a knock that means he can't train for a few weeks and PF has told him to go away and relax in the meantime?

But whichever way you cut it and whatever the truth is, its hardly like his absense is a major loss to us as he's barely featured in any case. As others have said, thanks for the goal at Darkheid but its just no happening so best for all concerned to move on surely...

:taxi

jacomo
04-09-2012, 11:21 PM
I remember when he first signed, thinking this might be a very good signing. It was based on nothing other than where he was coming from though, and i was just hoping he'd be a better quality than we currently had at the time?

I have to say he has been a huge disappointment, the goal away at Parkhead being his only real high spot since signing.

A player who is as injured as he is, is of no use at all to us, and when you add just how poor he has been when given the chance to play or come on as sub, he is up there with the biggest waste of wages we have had.

Arguably a worse signing than AOB. That's a damning indictment.

Hibercelona
05-09-2012, 12:06 AM
I don't get it. What's he unhappy about exactly?

If he's been told to go out on loan, then he should do what he's told and prove himself capable at that level first.

Fenlon clearly doesn't want him sitting around, picking up a wage while getting no game time and rightfully so.

When you're a young player who wants a shot at the big time, you keep your head down, do what you're told and get on with it.

basehibby
05-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Arguably a worse signing than AOB. That's a damning indictment.

A bit unfair on Danny that - he didn't cost us anything IIRC and always had a go even if he never made the breakthrough- nothing like the rabbit in the headlights that was AOB whom he would have eaten for dinner on any given moonlit night.

Am a wee bit surprised to be honest at Fenlon giving him the bullet (silver) with such apparent ruthlessness but if it's making room in the squad for more effective players then I'm happy.

Brooster
05-09-2012, 07:00 AM
A bit unfair on Danny that - he didn't cost us anything IIRC and always had a go even if he never made the breakthrough- nothing like the rabbit in the headlights that was AOB whom he would have eaten for dinner on any given moonlit night.

Am a wee bit surprised to be honest at Fenlon giving him the bullet (silver) with such apparent ruthlessness but if it's making room in the squad for more effective players then I'm happy.

Fenlon hasn't given him the bullet, he has asked him to stay away from East Mains, DG will still be on full pay. I would expect this expect this situation to be resolved in the next day or 2.

JimBHibees
05-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Fenlon hasn't given him the bullet, he has asked him to stay away from East Mains, DG will still be on full pay. I would expect this expect this situation to be resolved in the next day or 2.Can he still sign on loan for a lower league team?

J-C
05-09-2012, 09:28 AM
I don't get it. What's he unhappy about exactly?

If he's been told to go out on loan, then he should do what he's told and prove himself capable at that level first.

Fenlon clearly doesn't want him sitting around, picking up a wage while getting no game time and rightfully so.

When you're a young player who wants a shot at the big time, you keep your head down, do what you're told and get on with it.

And if you're not happy with that, then find a club who'll give you the game time.

Hibbyradge
05-09-2012, 09:39 AM
I wonder if this has anything to do with the non-signing of Taiwo.

silverhibee
05-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Fenlon hasn't given him the bullet, he has asked him to stay away from East Mains, DG will still be on full pay. I would expect this expect this situation to be resolved in the next day or 2.

For what reason Brooster has he been told to stay away from EM ?, and yes it should be resolved very shortly as i am sure DG and his agent will have contacted the players union to get this sorted, if DG has done nothing wrong then Hibs will have to allow him training facilities with a qualified coach while he is under contract at Hibs, if i was DG i would still be turning up for training each day.

Beefster
05-09-2012, 10:18 AM
I wonder if this has anything to do with the non-signing of Taiwo.

Surely not? We released or loaned five players on the last day of the window and brought one in so I'd be surprised if Galbraith's wages, which surely can't be that high, were suddenly the block for a player that we desperately need.

GordonHFC
05-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Surely not? We released or loaned five players on the last day of the window and brought one in so I'd be surprised if Galbraith's wages, which surely can't be that high, were suddenly the block for a player that we desperately need.

Did PF not confirm in an interview before Saturdays game that we were close to bringing someone in and possible within 48 hours. Might not have been Taiwo though but PF would have known at this point that DG was still going to be here.

offshorehibby
05-09-2012, 10:44 AM
For what reason Brooster has he been told to stay away from EM ?, and yes it should be resolved very shortly as i am sure DG and his agent will have contacted the players union to get this sorted, if DG has done nothing wrong then Hibs will have to allow him training facilities with a qualified coach while he is under contract at Hibs, if i was DG i would still be turning up for training each day.

I don't why Hibs HAVE to give him training facility's. And what argument would he have with the players union, ' Hibs are paying me my full wage, that's so unfair'

Maybe Hibs have asked him to keep away from EM for his own safety. Maybe they feel he's a danger to himself.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Maybe Pat wanted Galbraith to go out on loan, and get himself fit ready to show the manager what he could do when coming back fully fit in January?

Just a guess, as Manuel would say, i know nothing? :wink:

Kato
05-09-2012, 10:56 AM
I do think Galbraith has some ability in there, he could do a Vaz Te on us. Can't rule it out.

After considering this for a split second I thought - "Nah".

silverhibee
05-09-2012, 11:12 AM
I don't why Hibs HAVE to give him training facility's. And what argument would he have with the players union, ' Hibs are paying me my full wage, that's so unfair'

Maybe Hibs have asked him to keep away from EM for his own safety. Maybe they feel he's a danger to himself.

Because he has a contract with Hibs that's why they have to give him training facility's, it doesn't have to be at EM but it has to be with a qualified coach somewhere.

Doesn't matter if they are paying him his full wage, the lad won't want to sit on his arse waiting for the next window to open he will want to be fit for it, that's why him and his agent will get in touch with the players union, he will want to train and i am pretty sure Hibs are obliged to give him the training he needs, unless he has done something really bad that the club are considering sacking him for some reason, but i doubt that as the lad seems to be a good trainer when fit and as far as i know is not any bother at training.

Bit in bold. In what way would he be a danger to himself. :confused:

offshorehibby
05-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Because he has a contract with Hibs that's why they have to give him training facility's, it doesn't have to be at EM but it has to be with a qualified coach somewhere.

Doesn't matter if they are paying him his full wage, the lad won't want to sit on his arse waiting for the next window to open he will want to be fit for it, that's why him and his agent will get in touch with the players union, he will want to train and i am pretty sure Hibs are obliged to give him the training he needs, unless he has done something really bad that the club are considering sacking him for some reason, but i doubt that as the lad seems to be a good trainer when fit and as far as i know is not any bother at training.

Not disputing what your saying regarding facility's i'd have thought as long as Hibs were paying him. If a 23 year old can't keep himself fit under his own steam for a few days then there's no hope.

The danger to himself bit was meant to be humour, just in case he injured himself

AlbertK86
05-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Did PF not confirm in an interview before Saturdays game that we were close to bringing someone in and possible within 48 hours. Might not have been Taiwo though but PF would have known at this point that DG was still going to be here.

Yes PF say he expected one or two more in and one of them was close to being signed sat or Sunday (today or tomorrow was his words I think).

SMAXXA
05-09-2012, 03:36 PM

Is the first part of your post actually correct that the club are obliged to provide a player with training facilities or a qualified coach? I wouldn't have thought that would be the case ie nothing in a contract? Unless of course its a PFA type agreement that clubs have to or are encouraged to provide?

Famous5forever
05-09-2012, 06:13 PM

So with the problems with DG We now lost or loaned out 6 players on the last day of the window with only 1 brought in:confused:

A Few injuries ans suspensions to the 1st team then we are donald ducked as the fringe players that played in the cup are mince

I Still think Paddy would have wanted to spend more money and bring in more players i just hope it was not Petrie that scuppered any deals due to penny pinching ALA What Liverpool did.

Golden Bear
06-09-2012, 08:54 AM
According to local Press, Danny was due to have showdown talks with Hibs yesterday.

We'll wait & see then.

Jim44
06-09-2012, 09:10 AM
So with the problems with DG We now lost or loaned out 6 players on the last day of the window with only 1 brought in:confused:

A Few injuries ans suspensions to the 1st team then we are donald ducked as the fringe players that played in the cup are mince

I Still think Paddy would have wanted to spend more money and bring in more players i just hope it was not Petrie that scuppered any deals due to penny pinching ALA What Liverpool did.

I suspect you're correct. I can see Petrie adopting a stance of thinking that so far this season, except for the 'hiccup' at Palmerston, we are holding our own in the league with the present squad and that any more expenditure on players is unnecessry. I can even see him offering Fenlon a wee bonus for not bringing in new players. Sounds a bit daft but in effect it's makes financial sense from Petrie's viewpoint.

SMAXXA
06-09-2012, 09:24 AM
I Still think Paddy would have wanted to spend more money and bring in more players i just hope it was not Petrie that scuppered any deals due to penny pinching ALA What Liverpool did.[/QUOTE]

To be fair tell me a manager who wouldn't want to keep bringing in more players. Unfortunately that's Rods job to watch the pennies and stay to an agreed budget. The question is, has this budget been maxed, I'd hope not and would expect not, hence Pats comments on Saturday about bringing in another 1 or 2.

scoopyboy
07-09-2012, 08:09 AM
According to local Press, Danny was due to have showdown talks with Hibs yesterday.

We'll wait & see then.

I'm expecting an announcement on the Official website on this matter.

MrSmith
07-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Up on the website now:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120907/player-update_2262950_2912821

PatHead
07-09-2012, 10:16 AM
A lot of slices of humble pie and apologies due. Wonder if BBC will run this story?

Broken Gnome
07-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Up on the website now:

Odd wording in that statement....

Beefster
07-09-2012, 10:22 AM
A lot of slices of humble pie and apologies due. Wonder if BBC will run this story?

One of the ex-players who played with Galbraith (and presumably knows him) called his treatment 'disgraceful' (or something similar) and it apparently took 'talks' between the club and the player/rep yesterday to sort it out. If these stories weren't coming from the player himself, they were coming from fairly close IMHO.

If it was a simple case of a misreported story and everything was agreed beforehand, the statement would have been out on the same day.

The Voice Of Reason
07-09-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm expecting an announcement on the Official website on this matter.

Scoopy - is the story on the Official Website consistent with what you understand to be the case ?

PatHead
07-09-2012, 10:25 AM
One of the ex-players who played with Galbraith (and presumably knows him) called his treatment 'disgraceful' (or something similar) and it apparently took 'talks' between the club and the player/rep yesterday to sort it out. If these stories weren't coming from the player himself, they were coming from fairly close IMHO.

If it was a simple case of a misreported story and everything was agreed beforehand, the statement would have been out on the same day.

Serious question and not doubting you but does the ex-player have an axe to grind or is he anti-Fenlon? Not asking who the player is as it would be unfair to ask you to name sources.

ScottB
07-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Well then... if that's true, what was Stack doing running his mouth on Twitter about the unfair treatment Danny was getting?

Something doesn't quite add up, I suspect someone has an agenda at play here; where did the original story come from, why was it run, presumably it came from someone credible, how did ex players like Stack find out, assuming they knew anything more than what the BBC ran with...

I wonder, could this have been the club using an agreement with DG to take some time off training to smoke out the much mentioned 'leak' within the club, or is it just a cover story...

Beefster
07-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Serious question and not doubting you but does the ex-player have an axe to grind or is he anti-Fenlon? Not asking who the player is as it would be unfair to ask you to name sources.

No secret as it was public. It was Stack as mentioned earlier in this thread.

HibeeMassive
07-09-2012, 10:32 AM
No secret as it was public. It was Stack as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Stack might also just have been picking up on the reports in the press at the time though? Maybe..

Beefster
07-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Stack might also just have been picking up on the reports in the press at the time though? Maybe..

Possible, I suppose. If I read a story in the papers about my mate, I'd give him a phone or text straight away.

JimBHibees
07-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Well then... if that's true, what was Stack doing running his mouth on Twitter about the unfair treatment Danny was getting?

Something doesn't quite add up, I suspect someone has an agenda at play here; where did the original story come from, why was it run, presumably it came from someone credible, how did ex players like Stack find out, assuming they knew anything more than what the BBC ran with...

I wonder, could this have been the club using an agreement with DG to take some time off training to smoke out the much mentioned 'leak' within the club, or is it just a cover story...

Wouldnt rule that out to be honest. Seems a strange one. Not sure how much it will help the player with the mystery illness comment.

silverhibee
07-09-2012, 10:57 AM

Sure the player Beefster is talking about posted these comments on Facebook or twitter.

And i doubt this player would post what he said about DG whether he was anti Fenlon or not.

Something stinks in this saga with DG.

scoopyboy
07-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Scoopy - is the story on the Official Website consistent with what you understand to be the case ?

I expected the statement from the club as I predicted earlier this morning.

I don't like the wording to be honest and feel Hibs aren't coming out the details of what actually happened. Not saying they are lying but I feel they could expanded and said more to clarify the situation.

I note there is no message along the lines of Hibernian FC look forward to Danny regaining full fitness and getting back into the first team.

Winston Ingram
07-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Good to see the club acted as swift as they always do when updating their fans:rolleyes:

Pedantic_Hibee
07-09-2012, 11:56 AM
I posted it on the PM board but I may as well fire it on here.

Hibs offered DG mutual termination three times and he rejected each offer.

I'm not giving out sources out of respect but the person concerned would know.

500miles
07-09-2012, 12:04 PM

I don't like the wording to be honest and feel Hibs aren't coming out the details of what actually happened. Not saying they are lying but I feel they could expanded and said more to clarify the situation.

I note there is no message along the lines of Hibernian FC look forward to Danny regaining full fitness and getting back into the first team.

There is also the possibility that the player's current medical problem may be quite personal and perhaps my last beyond the players contract. Without scaremongering, Danny could have a serious condition.

The Voice Of Reason
07-09-2012, 12:11 PM

I note there is no message along the lines of Hibernian FC look forward to Danny regaining full fitness and getting back into the first team.OK mate, thanks.

Re the bit in bold - that was my first thought also. :agree:

Wilson
07-09-2012, 12:11 PM
There is also the possibility that the player's current medical problem may be quite personal and perhaps my last beyond the players contract. Without scaremongering, Danny could have a serious condition.

Some kind of delusion perhaps. The lad thinks he's a footballer but hasn't kicked a ball in yonks.

The_Sauz
07-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Who is his agent?

Mikeystewart
07-09-2012, 12:16 PM

sounds like there is something you know that your not telling us :wink:

IWasThere2016
07-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Some kind of delusion perhaps. The lad thinks he's a footballer but hasn't kicked a ball in yonks.

Darren Mackie disease :agree: Anyone got a link to his thing about books/reading? It is a classic!

500miles
07-09-2012, 12:55 PM
sounds like there is something you know that your not telling us :wink:

Personal experience. When I fell ill, my work made it clear that no one - including my bosses- need know the details. I would imagine Danny would be made the same offer regarding the fans.

Scottiedog007
07-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Just seen this posted on main site interesting ??

Treadstone
07-09-2012, 01:48 PM
More questions than answers . Why now ? Story broke 3 days ago. Hope its nothing serious .

Bishop Hibee
07-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Curiouser and curiouser. This thread could run and run..............

lyonhibs
07-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Recent reports in the media have been wide of the mark and hurtful to the player.

Now there's a surprise :rolleyes: We really are cursed with an abominable sports press in Scotland!

Golden Bear
07-09-2012, 01:55 PM
See also the thread further down this page.

:wink:

brog
07-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Recent reports in the media have been wide of the mark and hurtful to the player.

Now there's a surprise
:rolleyes: We really are cursed with an abominable sports press in Scotland!

I agree but Hibs hardly covered themselves in PR glory re this matter. Good luck to the lad & hope he's properly fit soon.

jgl07
07-09-2012, 02:15 PM

Now there's a surprise :rolleyes: We really are cursed with an abominable sports press in Scotland!

Well it's Galbraith's own fault for headbutting Fenlon after training and storming off in a sports car, not to mention never paying back £50 to his destitute uncle.

BSEJVT
07-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Whilst I have absolutley no insider info on this, it wouldnt surprise me if most of DG's injury problems were "in his head" and the club are getting him help with this or finally saying to him rest as long as you want until you feel you are not injured then come back.

I have always found it a bit strange that someone who is "a great trainer" and "widely recognised as the fittest guy in the team" is always injured.

Crying shame if that's the case but injury problems have dogged his career and he is either incredibly unlucky or is always finding twinges that aren't there.

If I am wide of the mark, my sincere apologies to DG

Its probably a bit like taking your car to the garage with a rattle, if they look long enough they will find something they think could cause it and fix it but the rattle is most likely a figment of your imagination in the first place.

scoopyboy
07-09-2012, 02:17 PM

If my information is correct it's not a serious condition as in life threatening, couldn't argue about his footballing career however.

BarneyK
07-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Well it's Galbraith's own fault for headbutting Fenlon after training and storming off in a sports car, not to mention never paying back £50 to his destitute uncle.

Give the laddie a break. It cannae be easy dealing with his rumoured Lyncanthropy. :eek: (Or was that Griffiths...)

Golden Bear
07-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Whilst I have absolutley no insider info on this, it wouldnt surprise me if most of DG's injury problems were "in his head" and the club are getting him help with this or finally saying to him rest as long as you want until you feel you are not injured then come back.

I have always found it a bit strange that someone who is "a great trainer" and "widely recognised as the fittest guy in the team" is always injured.

Crying shame if that's the case but injury problems have dogged his career and he is either incredibly unlucky or is always finding twinges that aren't there.

If I am wide of the mark, my sincere apologies to DG

Its probably a bit like taking your car to the garage with a rattle, if they look long enough they will find something they think could cause it and fix it but the rattle is most likely a figment of your imagination in the first place.

I don't think you're far off the mark and the situation has been the same for a number of years now.

cammy1969
07-09-2012, 02:37 PM
I agree but Hibs hardly covered themselves in PR glory re this matter. Good luck to the lad & hope he's properly fit soon.
i would think its more so bad reporting from the journalist trying to stir things up, why should hibs have to come out and explain every little thing that goes on at the club, maybe just maybe DG didnt want this to be reported in the press as it looks like another set back in his quest to get back to full fitness and him and the club would have liked to kept it private

brog
07-09-2012, 02:46 PM
i would think its more so bad reporting from the journalist trying to stir things up, why should hibs have to come out and explain every little thing that goes on at the club, maybe just maybe DG didnt want this to be reported in the press as it looks like another set back in his quest to get back to full fitness and him and the club would have liked to kept it privateUnless DG didn't want Hibs to make a statement they could have said this 3 days ago & nipped some ludicrous speculation in the bud. I agree they're damned if they do & damned if they don't but the reporting ( & some comments on here ) have been ridiculous.

Brooster
07-09-2012, 02:50 PM
So what do Hibs do now about DGs accute bout of skive-aritis?

Sir David Gray
07-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Sounds like he's got some kind of personal condition then.

Otherwise, I don't see why it would be described as a "private matter".

Geo_1875
07-09-2012, 02:58 PM
It would have been worse if Hibs had responded straight away with "It's not a disciplinary matter, it's because he's a crock." They would have been slated for putting the boot into him when he's down. The press in Scotland would have to climb quite far to reach the gutter.

hibbiedon
07-09-2012, 03:16 PM

Hibs respected Danny's privacy and acted with dignity in this affair. It is obviously a personal matter and not a football matter so we should all respect that

biggineurope
07-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Hope the lads ok.

leithsansiro
07-09-2012, 04:10 PM
If what I've heard is right, and I think it is, he'll probably not be back playing for us for quite some time, if ever.

Monts
07-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Pure speculation on my part, but could it be more of a mental strain rather than a physical one? This would tie in with it being a personal matter.

It could be stress due to injuries or similar. Or a close family tradgedy/incident?

There are many ways in which stress or the like can take its toll, and being giving time off (even if they themselves dont think they need it) can be beneficial.

itchy07
07-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Didn't GoC have a similar symptoms whilst 'injured' at Brum?:confused:

Golden Bear
07-09-2012, 05:03 PM

Don't know.

But they seem to be entirely different characters. I don't think for a minute that DG is suffering from skivitis.

scoopyboy
07-09-2012, 05:03 PM
If what I've heard is right, and I think it is, he'll probably not be back playing for us for quite some time, if ever.

I don't think he will play for Hibs again.

I would love for Danny to come out and say he is going to fight to get back into the first team as he wants to be a success at Hibs.

I would love PF to come out and say he can't wait to get a fully fit DG back in the first team.

I can't see any of the above two statements coming out.

The statement on the Official website to me looks like something that was agreed across a table with Hibs on one side and Danny/agent /PFA on the other.

Keith_M
07-09-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm not sure the press are the worst, when it comes to making up stupid stories about our players.

Some of the stuff on the original Galbraith thread was absolutely ludicrous speculation..

Jack
07-09-2012, 05:23 PM

Unless you know of something specific I'd say that's a clear case of slander.

snooky
07-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Unless you know of something specific I'd say that's a clear case of slander.

Libel? :dunno:

SMAXXA
07-09-2012, 05:34 PM
I don't think he will play for Hibs again.

I would love for Danny to come out and say he is going to fight to get back into the first team as he wants to be a success at Hibs.

I would love PF to come out and say he can't wait to get a fully fit DG back in the first team.

I can't see any of the above two statements coming out.

The statement on the Official website to me looks like something that was agreed across a table with Hibs on one side and Danny/agent /PFA on the other.

I'm sure I seen an interview a wee while back when PF said that or something along these lines. I think its a shame for Danny and wish him all the very best, if its nothing to do with his fitness and it is some cover story as a result of hibs wanting him away then fair enough. If he doesn't want to agree to terminate his contract then again fair enough he's within his right. Keep paying him, tell him he doesn't need to train as he's not required, where's the problem.

Obviously that's my position if some of the comments that this is the situation, if its genuinely an illness or personal then I hope he works it out.

Phil D. Rolls
07-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Is their a "Danny Galbraith for Dummies" in print yet?

MotherSuperior
07-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Galbraith is literally miles behind wotherspoon, and even Ivan imo. When you consider the amount of stick said players get, then you have to say it's really unlikely Danny could earn a place in the side. Would love him to prove the majority of us wrong, but he's had a fair crack at the whip and done nothing. Crazy of Calderwood giving him his current deal. The boy must dazzle at training or something, because his first team performances never warranted a even a one year extension imo.

Sudds_1
07-09-2012, 05:44 PM

He talks when he types :greengrin

Golden Bear
07-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Galbraith is literally miles behind wotherspoon, and even Ivan imo. When you consider the amount of stick said players get, then you have to say it's really unlikely Danny could earn a place in the side. Would love him to prove the majority of us wrong, but he's had a fair crack at the whip and done nothing. Crazy of Calderwood giving him his current deal. The boy must dazzle at training or something, because his first team performances never warranted a even a one year extension imo.

DG is an attacking left winger and that is it. CC in his wisdom persisted on playing him on the right and more often than not straight from the sub's bench.

Having said that I totally agree that he failed to fulfill his potential and we might never know the reasons why.

SMAXXA
07-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Galbraith is literally miles behind wotherspoon, and even Ivan imo..

I disagree, you'd be lucky to find a yard between either of them never mind a mile. Don't forget the amount less games he has played unlike those 2 mentioned.

Don't get me wrong he hasn't showed anything but I do feel a bit sorry for him with his lack of games, for whatever the reason may be.

HibbyAndy
07-09-2012, 07:39 PM
DG Wont play again for Hibs.Ever.

CabbageBoy
07-09-2012, 08:24 PM
It would have been worse if Hibs had responded straight away with "It's not a disciplinary matter, it's because he's a crock." They would have been slated for putting the boot into him when he's down. The press in Scotland would have to climb quite far to reach the gutter.

Absolutely. One of my projects is saving in the region of £6m a year to the public purse; last weekends Sunday Times and Sunday Herald turned that into a bad news story, because the problem had been there to be fixed.

Seveno
07-09-2012, 09:54 PM

Pedant alert.

It's defamation in Scotland.

SMAXXA
07-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Out of interest, whats "Agent Scotlands" take on the DG position, since he seems to be the gospal :cb

lucky
08-09-2012, 12:28 AM
DG could be back training on Monday according to his agent in today's Scotsman.

1875godsgift
08-09-2012, 12:39 AM

The boy's a good 'un, give him a chance.

Beefster
08-09-2012, 07:52 AM

Miraculous recovery if that happens.

The boy's a good 'un, give him a chance.

The boy needs to move on because he hasn't done it for Hibs. He just appears to be being treated poorly by Hibs in trying to get him to move on.

The Falcon
08-09-2012, 08:04 AM
The boy needs to move on because he hasn't done it for Hibs. He just appears to be being treated poorly by Hibs in trying to get him to move on.

Makes a wee change from players, who want to move, and their agents, trying to get them one, disrespecting the club (not just our club). It dosent make it right though but perhaps the club is toughing up a bit.

Thats if any of this is even remotely true :greengrin

Gala Foxes
08-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Hope that everyone that came out with the "drunk at training, disruptive influence, attitude problem" rubbish are suitably ashamed.

Galbraith is a lad that has been a dedicated footballer since he was a kid, I regularly saw him practising free kicks in the local park down here before he signed for Man Utd. He needs to recover from a long period of injury, get a run playing football and rebuild his confidence

As I say, some people that fabricate nonsense should be pretty ashamed

Golden Bear
08-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Hope that everyone that came out with the "drunk at training, disruptive influence, attitude problem" rubbish are suitably ashamed.

Galbraith is a lad that has been a dedicated footballer since he was a kid, I regularly saw him practising free kicks in the local park down here before he signed for Man Utd. He needs to recover from a long period of injury, get a run playing football and rebuild his confidence

Excellent post.

Some of it was under the guise of "irony" or "sarcasm" or even :fishin:

Retrospectively all of these thing can of course be conveniently used as the get out of jail card.

J-C
08-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Miraculous recovery if that happens.

How?? If he's been overtraining and it's hampered his recovery, then a good weeks rest will do him the world of good.

He is another who's shown glimpses but maybe he's a bit injury prone and never really had a good run in the team to come good.

Beefster
08-09-2012, 03:45 PM
How??

In under 24 hours, he's gone from having ongoing medical problems which will require further reassessment to being back training in two days.

J-C
08-09-2012, 09:10 PM
In under 24 hours, he's gone from having ongoing medical problems which will require further reassessment to being back training in two days.

Original post re Galbraith missing from East Mains dated 3rd, todays post re agent saying may be back monday ( which will be the 10th ) I make that a 7 day lay off, no miracles here, just a weeks rest. :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
08-09-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm not going to be drawn in by current circumstances concerning DG's allowed time away from East Mains.....

I will say however, his goal at Parkhead aside, DG has shown absolutely diddly squat in a Hibs jersey. Similar to AOB in that he has pace, just doesn't utilise it....He also shirks tackles and will cop a sore one that way....IMO it would be best for both Club and Player if his contract was bought out, getting him off the books.............

scoopyboy
08-09-2012, 10:45 PM

It's is easy as that eh.

When Danny signed for Hibs I was really excited, one of the guys ( that has been a good mate of mine in the bowling circles for 30 years) laddie played in the same Hutchi team as Danny and he said he was easily the best laddie he had ever seen.

A natural finisher and great attitude along with everything a boy could want in footballing terms.

Well if I'm being honest I haven't seen it.

How long do you give him to get a run of playing football?

Should we give him another contract beyond the end of the current season?

I would love to see him recovering and playing really well but I don't think it will happen.

Another thing is if he can't cut it at Hibs the only way his career will go is down.

Danny's career is unfortunately hanging by a thread.

HoboHarry
09-09-2012, 12:16 AM
It's is easy as that eh.

When Danny signed for Hibs I was really excited, one of the guys ( that has been a good mate of mine in the bowling circles for 30 years) laddie played in the same Hutchi team as Danny and he said he was easily the best laddie he had ever seen.

A natural finisher and great attitude along with everything a boy could want in footballing terms.

Well if I'm being honest I haven't seen it.

How long do you give him to get a run of playing football?

Should we give him another contract beyond the end of the current season?

I would love to see him recovering and playing really well but I don't think it will happen.

Another thing is if he can't cut it at Hibs the only way his career will go is down.

Danny's career is unfortunately hanging by a thread.
I get the feeling that you know more than you are letting out. I don't expect to to tell what it is but would that be a true statement?

Beefster
09-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Original post re Galbraith missing from East Mains dated 3rd, todays post re agent saying may be back monday ( which will be the 10th ) I make that a 7 day lay off, no miracles here, just a weeks rest. :confused:

I think you know the point I'm making. It was less than 24 hours between Hibs' statement saying he had an 'ongoing medical condition' that requires complete rest and his agent saying that he might be back training on Monday.

You can spin it however you want. I find that a tad odd.

Eyrie
09-09-2012, 10:00 AM
I'll add to that the original story was that Galbraith had been "told to stay away". Why was there a story in the first place? Why wasn't the original story that the player had been given a week's rest? Instead it's only following a meeting with the player's agent that the story is changed from "told to stay away" to "given a week off on medical grounds".

"A tad odd" is a fair summation.

Geo_1875
09-09-2012, 10:28 AM
I'll add to that the original story was that Galbraith had been "told to stay away". Why was there a story in the first place? Why wasn't the original story that the player had been given a week's rest? Instead it's only following a meeting with the player's agent that the story is changed from "told to stay away" to "given a week off on medical grounds".

"A tad odd" is a fair summation.

Probably because that wouldn't have been "newsworthy". Again Scottish journalists create their own "stories".

Caversham Green
09-09-2012, 11:32 AM
I think you know the point I'm making. It was less than 24 hours between Hibs' statement saying he had an 'ongoing medical condition' that requires complete rest and his agent saying that he might be back training on Monday.

You can spin it however you want. I find that a tad odd.

It appears that he was 'told to stay away' on Monday because, according to the club statement "the club's medical team and the player felt that a short break from training would assist in his rehabilitation...". That's a week off - short break? - agreed between the club and the player. Requiring complete rest was never mentioned and the club would not have needed to comment at all if a half-baked journalist hadn't got wind of it and spun his own story with a cryptic tweet.

Spin? We're all guilty of it sometimes.

Brooster
09-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Make that 4 months rest because thats how long he has been missing.

Caversham Green
09-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Make that 4 months rest because thats how long he has been missing.

So was he told to stay away in May? That makes Mclauclin's tweet even more of a non-story.

I'm reluctant to say this, but this feels a bit like the case of Chris Armstrong at Reading. Chris was voted the fans' player of the year for 2008-09 but was out of the squad for all but a handful of games for the following season, with the club trying various stop-gap measures to cover his position. There was some speculation that he had fallen out with the manager, wanted a transfer or even had insulted John Madejski, but it was eventually announced towards the end of the 2010-11 season that he was being forced to retire because he had MS. He had his first attack just before the end of his POTY season but had wanted to keep playing at the highest possible level for as long as possible. The club and everyone that knew about his condition kept it quiet until he made his own decision to retire.

I hope I'm wrong, but I do get the feeling that there's more to Danny's medical condition than just footballing injuries.

scoopyboy
09-09-2012, 01:06 PM
I get the feeling that you know more than you are letting out. I don't expect to to tell what it is but would that be a true statement?

Yes I do know more but out of respect to Danny and Hibs I'm not prepared to elaborate.

Not my place and if Danny and Hibs won't reveal then I can't either.

IMO the statement released on the web site means SFA, apart from clearing Danny of any disciplinary wrongdoings.

Brooster
09-09-2012, 02:39 PM
No nothing like that Cav thankfully. DG has been out injured for these last few months.

So was he told to stay away in May? That makes Mclauclin's tweet even more of a non-story.

I'm reluctant to say this, but this feels a bit like the case of Chris Armstrong at Reading. Chris was voted the fans' player of the year for 2008-09 but was out of the squad for all but a handful of games for the following season, with the club trying various stop-gap measures to cover his position. There was some speculation that he had fallen out with the manager, wanted a transfer or even had insulted John Madejski, but it was eventually announced towards the end of the 2010-11 season that he was being forced to retire because he had MS. He had his first attack just before the end of his POTY season but had wanted to keep playing at the highest possible level for as long as possible. The club and everyone that knew about his condition kept it quiet until he made his own decision to retire.

I hope I'm wrong, but I do get the feeling that there's more to Danny's medical condition than just footballing injuries.

sahib
09-09-2012, 04:17 PM

Might be just something painful and persistent rather than career or life threatening. Piles or an ingrown toenail, hopefully.

Hibby86
10-09-2012, 07:37 AM
danny was told after the final he wasnt in fenlons plans for the future, but as he was injured at the time hibs legally cant release him. danny worked his way back to fitness and after one full training session hibs declared him as fully fit he was offered a part of his salary as a pay off but he refused. he was then contacted by the club via email and told to stay away from EM. he showed the email to his agent and fraser wishart of the PFA and was advised they couldnt do that. the reason the story broke was danny was out walking and bumped into billy brown and he asked why he was not training so danny explained he had been told to stay away. BB then contacted brian mcclachin at bbc

Caversham Green
10-09-2012, 07:37 AM
No nothing like that Cav thankfully. DG has been out injured for these last few months.

Well that's good to know (in relative terms). It does mean some questions remain - the club generally seems to treat players with long-term problems quite well (e.g. Dean Shiels) but in this case they seem to be distancing themselves from Danny.

Or is it really just a case of 'injured player doesn't train shocker'? Either way, no more speculation from me.

JimBHibees
10-09-2012, 08:54 AM
danny was told after the final he wasnt in fenlons plans for the future, but as he was injured at the time hibs legally cant release him. danny worked his way back to fitness and after one full training session hibs declared him as fully fit he was offered a part of his salary as a pay off but he refused. he was then contacted by the club via email and told to stay away from EM. he showed the email to his agent and fraser wishart of the PFA and was advised they couldnt do that. the reason the story broke was danny was out walking and bumped into billy brown and he asked why he was not training so danny explained he had been told to stay away. BB then contacted brian mcclachin at bbc

Incredible if any truth in that story especially bit in bold.

offshorehibby
10-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Well that's good to know (in relative terms). It does mean some questions remain - the club generally seems to treat players with long-term problems quite well (e.g. Dean Shiels) but in this case they seem to be distancing themselves from Danny.

Or is it really just a case of 'injured player doesn't train shocker'? Either way, no more speculation from me.

It sounds like Hibs have stood by him in 'ALL' his injury's since he came to Hibs. Was told a few months back that he would not be part of PF/Hibs future plans. When Hibs deemed him to be fit they offered a package to leave and further his career somewhere else. Sounds like he doesn't want to further his career.
As for BB he should keep his snout out.

J-C
10-09-2012, 09:42 AM

Another case of ex player/coach has gripe with the club and ever ready to spread gossip to the detriment of the club.

copycat
10-09-2012, 09:59 AM

hahaha nice first post!!

Brooster
10-09-2012, 11:49 AM
hahaha nice first post!!

And very very close to the mark.

CallumLaidlaw
10-09-2012, 11:55 AM
So the morale of the story is Billy Brown is a &@£&!
Which we all knew

hibbymac
10-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Which we all knew

Why ?? If what Hibby86 has posted is true and it seems to be confirmed by a "well kent poster", I think it shows the Club and Pat Fenlon up for treating a player poorly and then putting out lies/spin about the situation. If this was Hertz treating a player like this we would be all over it.

JimBHibees
10-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Which we all knew

Certainly seems to do. Dear oh dear how bitter is that. Brian, Brian, its Billy got a wee story about Hibs for you. :rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
10-09-2012, 12:48 PM
hahaha nice first post!!

Very harsh as the post is uncannily accurate. Didnt know about BB though.

silverhibee
10-09-2012, 05:04 PM
And very very close to the mark.

silverhibee
10-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Very harsh as the post is uncannily accurate. Didnt know about BB though.

Kato
10-09-2012, 08:22 PM

Birdseye Potato Waffler