PDA

View Full Version : Galbraith told to stay away from East Mains (merged)

Pages : 1 [2]

down-the-slope
15-09-2012, 09:52 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19470659

fife hfc
15-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Why has it got stranger? Hibs told him to rest and they are now going to reassess the situation. What is clear is that Hibs believe the injuries to be in his head than actual physical. To me the BBC are just trying to spin a story they got wrong in the first place.

Golden Bear
15-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Why has it got stranger? Hibs told him to rest and they are now going to reassess the situation. What is clear is that Hibs believe the injuries to be in his head than actual physical. To me the BBC are just trying to spin a story they got wrong in the first place.

:agree:

The use of the word "banish" is totally unnecessary as it conjures up an impression that disciplinary action was instigated against the player and this was not the case.

Not for the first time, the quality of the BBC reporting leaves a lot to be desired.

lucky
15-09-2012, 10:05 AM
It's time for this issue to be finalised. For the benefit of the player and club

down-the-slope
15-09-2012, 10:13 AM
it was the quote 'Hopefully over the next week we should be able to resolve that situation' that i'm really referring to.

If its mental health issues then that's not going to happen, as it does not work that way....

Or is it a 'resolved' that involves a parting of the ways ....

?

Golden Bear
15-09-2012, 10:19 AM
it was the quote 'Hopefully over the next week we should be able to resolve that situation' that i'm really referring to.

If its mental health issues then that's not going to happen, as it does not work that way....

Or is it a 'resolved' that involves a parting of the ways ....

?

Or even "resolved" meaning the period of rest did the trick and he's back training with the squad again.

It's 11.15 on a match day and my glass is half full as opposed to half empty right now.

sahib
15-09-2012, 11:24 AM

The use of the word "banish" is totally unnecessary as it conjures up an impression that disciplinary action was instigated against the player and this was not the case.

Not for the first time, the quality of the BBC reporting leaves a lot to be desired.

Paul Fenwick case was similar.

HibeePaj
15-09-2012, 11:47 AM
I do think it's pretty strange that he was left out the team photo.:confused:

Famous5forever
15-09-2012, 12:05 PM

His contracts up next summer he was a CC Pick i can see him being released as he has not played sinse January i dont think Paddy thinks much of him anyway good luck to the boy in finding a new club

Steve-O
15-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Sounds like he might have depression or something? That's my reading between the lines amateur psychologist opinion, and I am sticking tae it :agree:

Hibercelona
15-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Whatever it is, hopefully the lad gets fighting fit soon and can continue on with his career whether its with Hibs or not.

Eyrie
15-09-2012, 01:39 PM
That, and his squad number being reassigned to Cairney, are more telling than bland PR statements.

J-C
15-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Sounds to me that he's suffering from some sort of depression, if he's had these ongoing medical problems re his injuries, then maybe his mental state has also been effected.

WellingtonHibby
15-09-2012, 01:53 PM
"Whether its with us or another club. ..." That's the most revealing thing pf has said. Don't think he has a future at hubs

The Tubs
15-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Sounds to me that he's suffering from some sort of depression, if he's had these ongoing medical problems re his injuries, then maybe his mental state has also been effected.

It would make me depressed too if I was a tee-totaller.

jdships
15-09-2012, 02:21 PM

Agree with that totally
How is that when Darren Fletcher was advised to rest etc there was support from all over and yet with this young man so many people are ready to make up stories .
Surely it is the lad's private life and he is entitled to be treated with some respect
When the real story is told it will almost certainly have been ' a storm in a tea cup '
:rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
15-09-2012, 02:24 PM
I think its certain that DG will leave Hibs soon.

noiLiviL
15-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Can DG sign for an SFL club on loan out of the transfer window?

He was sitting in front of me our game today (Livi) and with Collins at Hughes in charge and Calum Booth already on loan I was putting 2 and 2 together....maybe getting 5 though!

Thing is, we already have a host of attacking midfielders including 2 left footed players so he is not exactly what we are short of.

Maybe a new start down a level for a few months is what he needs to get his career back on track.

silverhibee
15-09-2012, 05:21 PM
I think its certain that DG will leave Hibs soon.

Take it you mean the next window TQM, the lad would be daft to leave Hibs now as it is not possible for him to sign for another club, if PF has made it clear that DG is not in his plans the lad would just train with the youngsters and move on in January if he can find a club, it keeps him fit and any injuries he has Hibs would be obliged to get him back to fitness.

jdships
15-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Take it you mean the next window TQM, the lad would be daft to leave Hibs now as it is not possible for him to sign for another club, if PF has made it clear that DG is not in his plans the lad would just train with the youngsters and move on in January if he can find a club, it keeps him fit and any injuries he has Hibs would be obliged to get him back to fitness.

The point is I haven't seen/heard any report/statement from PF to that effect - has anybody seen or heard such a statement ?
Until that happens why not just support the lad as a HFC player ? :rolleyes:

silverhibee
15-09-2012, 06:02 PM
The point is I haven't seen/heard any report/statement from PF to that effect - has anybody seen or heard such a statement ?

Where have i said i am not supporting the lad, he will be at Hibs until the next window and he gets my support while he is a Hibs player, does it look like he is going to be in the managers plans, and what's with the :rolleyes:

scoopyboy
15-09-2012, 06:42 PM

PF would not come out with such a statement, if he hadn't worked it out himself then Hibs would have advised him.

Legally Hibs have to watch what they publically state, employment protection and other such legislation means such statements are non starters.

I doubt DG will ever start another Hibs match.

He will leave Hibs sooner than later, the only question is when.

jdships
15-09-2012, 06:52 PM

I apologise if I put that over badly
The point I was trying to make, using your quote ' if PF has made it clear that DG is not in his plans ' , was to illustrate the fact that all has been published /written about DG and his 'problem' is simply rumour
It is , until it is resolved , his /HFC business and nobody else's surely
My two lads at EM flatly refuse to even discuss it which is as it should be IMO . Therefore like most other posters I can add nothing factual.
Good luck to DG whatever happens

scoopyboy
15-09-2012, 07:18 PM
The point I was trying to make, using your quote ' if PF has made it clear that DG is not in his plans ' , was to illustrate the fact that all has been published /written about DG and his 'problem' is simply rumour
My two lads at EM flatly refuse to even discuss it which is as it should be IMO . Therefore like most other posters I can add nothing factual.

Your two lads are perfectly correct not to discuss it, they are protecting a clubmate and fellow professional.

The same however cannot be said of Billy Brown who betrayed a confidence and went scarpering to his BBC mate.

I agree, good luck to DG.

IWasThere2016
15-09-2012, 07:25 PM

I don't see anyway back for him. I think the club will want to resolve matters. When is the question IMHO - not if.

silverhibee
15-09-2012, 07:34 PM

Maybe i was meaning he had said this to DG, but he can't go public with that to the press as Scoops has explained the reasons why.

Have always heard good things about the lad from other players, a good pro footballer who has sadly been hampered with injuries in his career.

As you say, best of luck to the lad in the future. :aok:

The Voice Of Reason
15-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Your two lads are perfectly correct not to discuss it, they are protecting a clubmate and fellow professional.

The same however cannot be said of Billy Brown who betrayed a confidence and went scarpering to his BBC mate.

Oh Billy - very poor show.

TornadoHibby
16-09-2012, 08:03 PM
PF would not come out with such a statement, if he hadn't worked it out himself then Hibs would have advised him.

Legally Hibs have to watch what they publically state, employment protection and other such legislation means such statements are non starters.

I doubt DG will ever start another Hibs match.

He will leave Hibs sooner than later, the only question is when.

I heard an 'informed view' of what 'may be' at the root of this continued supposition but wouldn't dream of repeating what I was told as I have no means of verifying its absolute accuracy!

I think that any Hibs player deserves at least the chance for any internal club matter affecting him to be dealt with in a manner of absolute discretion and privacy!

However, it seems to me that the time accustomed red top policy of 'never letting the truth get in the way of a good story' has been getting exercised by a number of people who suggest they know the player and the issue(s) when they probably don't in terms of 'absolute accuracy'!!!!!

Last thing young Danny needs right now probably IMO! :confused:

Jonnyboy
16-09-2012, 08:27 PM

Spot on Scoopy :agree:

Billy Brown = Jambo (dinnae anybody insult me by saying he was a Hibby as a laddie)

Brian McLauchlan - Jambo (erse licker of the highest order)

jacomo
16-09-2012, 09:41 PM

Seems DG was left out of this season's squad photo, which is a fairly clear indication of his future prospects at our club.

He's obviously not fit to play and it's a shame it hasn't worked out for him or Hibs... Hopefully he will rebuild his career somewhere else.

silverhibee
20-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Anyone know if the lad has returned back to training with the squad yet.

ronaldo7
20-09-2012, 05:06 PM

Billy Brown = Jambo (dinnae anybody insult me by saying he was a Hibby as a laddie)

Said this all along J.

Cannae stand the trumpet.

--------
20-09-2012, 05:35 PM

:agree: Being wise after the event, I know, John, but he should have been punted as soon as Pat arrived.

And McLauchlan was far too much around the place when Hughes was in charge, IMO.

Jonnyboy
20-09-2012, 07:44 PM
:agree: Being wise after the event, I know, John, but he should have been punted as soon as Pat arrived.

And McLauchlan was far too much around the place when Hughes was in charge, IMO.

Agreed Doddie. They were thick as thieves or in Yogi's case maybe just thick :greengrin