PDA

View Full Version : Next 2 Games at home v Killie and ICT.

Ken
03-09-2012, 11:52 AM
2 wins and we will have the same points total as we did at Christmas last year. That was after 19 games compared to 7 if we win these game.

Things might actually be looking up :agree:

Chuck Rhoades
03-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Stat shows exactly how poor we were last season.

We have now played four of last season’s top six. The next four games are all winnable. 9pts out of 12pts should be our minimum aim. However, there is no reason why we cannot pick up full points.

Killie (H)
ICT (H)
Aberdeen (A)
Dundee (H)

One step at a time though and I find it impossible to get carried away now after the last three seasons.

3 points and a clean sheet against Killie would be marvelous.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 01:30 PM
While i think both games are winnable, i think we should just concentrate on one game at at time.

The killie game is now the most important game of the season, prepare for it that way and we wont go far wrong.

ahibby
03-09-2012, 01:37 PM
While i think both games are winnable, i think we should just concentrate on one game at at time.

The killie game is now the most important game of the season, prepare for it that way and we wont go far wrong.

I know things appear to be improving but I approach every game as a fan with trepidation. It's typical of Hibs to get results against the OF only to fall flat on their face against smaller clubs at home. Lets not be confident at all, it's too soon for that. I agree that the two games are winnable, but they are also drawable and losable too.

LioNeilMessi
03-09-2012, 02:27 PM
I think the main priority is not getting beat rather than winning every match. So if we were to get a win and a draw over the next two matches I would be very happy. Hopefully with at least one clean sheet :agree:

JIm
03-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Agree with alot of whats said, alot of winnable games coming up. I'd personally be delighted with 7 points out of the next 12.

Lots of progress thus far but not getting carried away.

ronaldo7
03-09-2012, 02:37 PM
One game at a time. Get up for the Killie game, and 3 points in the bag, then move on.

HibbyAndy
03-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Fenlon wants to add players. (http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/188422-pat-fenlon-targets-midfielder-as-rebuilding-job-continues-at-hibernian/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

LeighLoyal
03-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Fenlon wants to add players. (http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/188422-pat-fenlon-targets-midfielder-as-rebuilding-job-continues-at-hibernian/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

I think he's right about holding back youth, but we're going to need more cover for our traditional November to February slump.

Hibercelona
03-09-2012, 03:03 PM
I can't believe the pessimism of some of the fans.

Forget about winning, lets focus on not losing instead?

Well if thats the message we're trying to send out to the players, we'll never move forward as a club.

Winning games like these are a must and we should be making that as clear as possible to the club.

It seems we're far to accepting of defeat.

jacomo
03-09-2012, 03:47 PM

Well if thats the message we're trying to send out to the players, we'll never move forward as a club.

Winning games like these are a must and we should be making that as clear as possible to the club.

I don't think it's pessimism, it's priorities. The mantra of most successful coaches is 'build from the back'. Hibs still look vulnerable but our back 5 at least looks a lot stronger than last term. This should be the foundation on which we build.

Famous5forever
03-09-2012, 03:53 PM
2 wins and we will have the same points total as we did at Christmas last year. That was after 19 games compared to 7 if we win these game.

Things might actually be looking up :agree:

Good shout we have now turned the corner that was a big point v Celtic i expect 2 wins from next fewc games we are Back.:flag:

ahibby
03-09-2012, 04:18 PM

Conditioned to it more than accepting it. Kilmarnock gave Dundee Utd a thrashing and they thrashed us, so let's see what happens. I am not saying we should fear either Killie or ICT but teams do occasionally play below their game at the same time as teams lift their games. It would be a great six points for Hibs to pick up, but I don't ignore stats and if stats say we are unlikely to pick up full points from the next two then if I were a gambler I'd heed the stats. I agree it's a great opportunity to get six points on the board, but we all know how things can turn out with a bit of bad luck or on an off day. Neither should we disrespect teams like Killie and ICT by presuming we're going to win before a ball is kicked.

Hibercelona
03-09-2012, 04:39 PM
I don't think it's pessimism, it's priorities. The mantra of most successful coaches is 'build from the back'. Hibs still look vulnerable but our back 5 at least looks a lot stronger than last term. This should be the foundation on which we build.

Priorities?

Winning should always be on the top of the clubs to do list. If its not, then something is seriously wrong.

We don't need to play a defensive game against these clubs, we just need to go at them. We have what it takes to beat them.

We should never sit back against any club, especially at home.

Hibercelona
03-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Conditioned to it more than accepting it. Kilmarnock gave Dundee Utd a thrashing and they thrashed us, so let's see what happens. I am not saying we should fear either Killie or ICT but teams do occasionally play below their game at the same time as teams lift their games. It would be a great six points for Hibs to pick up, but I don't ignore stats and if stats say we are unlikely to pick up full points from the next two then if I were a gambler I'd heed the stats. I agree it's a great opportunity to get six points on the board, but we all know how things can turn out with a bit of bad luck or on an off day. Neither should we disrespect teams like Killie and ICT by presuming we're going to win before a ball is kicked.

"Presuming" and "expecting" are 2 different things.

Its not disrespectful to expect a club of our size to beat the likes of Killie and ICT.

Past statistics mean nothing. The only thing that matters is what lies ahead. We need to lose this backwards thinking and give the club a clear indication of what we expect from now on. We shouldn't tolerate any less than full commitment each and every week.

If we're capable of performing well one week, then there's absolutely no excuse for not performing equally as well the next week.