PDA

View Full Version : Sparky's uncle not a happy chappy :(

cabbageandribs1875
03-09-2012, 01:36 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4517496/Hibs-star-sued-by-uncle-for-500.html

THE furious uncle of Hibs striker Leigh Griffiths launched a blistering attack on the star last night in a row over a £500 loan.

hibee92
03-09-2012, 02:42 AM
Typical bull**** journalism from the sun from top to bottom. Didn't even get his name right.

Nothing to see here.

dp00
03-09-2012, 05:14 AM
O dear.... Just what we need.... Good to see the sun pay attention tho, the burn down tynecaste was from a fake account. Sure mcpake and a few other players tweeted this

That said... How the hell can a footballer be strapped for cash ? What is he on around 2/3k a week ?

DevonLoch
03-09-2012, 06:23 AM
The Scottish Hun breaks bad news story on Hibs striker. Nothing new or newsworthy there. Just another poorly written article with little or no substance blown out of all proportion. Journalism of the lowest order in keeping with their proven track record of printing lies or grossly exaggerated tales to sell papers. Boycott this rag.

http://the-sun-lies.blogspot.co.uk
http://fr.twitter.com/the_sun_lies
http://www.anfieldroad.com/dont-buy-the-sun/
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/11/10/james-murdoch-apologises-for-the-suns-hillsborough-lies/

Aldo
03-09-2012, 06:32 AM
Scrapping the bottom if the preverbial barrel. Why o why would the uncle do this.... O wait a minute for dosh.

Hope LG just ignores this.

****bag journalism

phantomscotsman
03-09-2012, 06:35 AM
I know his uncle and can't believe he has been duped by the sun... Total rag of a paper... certainly will not be making an attempt to speak to him from now on....

Hainan Hibs
03-09-2012, 06:42 AM
Wouldn't wipe my backside with that paper. That article was cringeworthy from start to finish.

lyonhibs
03-09-2012, 06:45 AM
Whilst the Sun isn't even toilet paper, if the basic point of the story is true, and Sparky does still owe his Uncle the dosh and is being a prat about paying it back, then he needs to give himself a shake, pay it back and employ a Financial advisor pronto. Top league footballers with 2 brain cells to rub together should not be getting into a financial pickle with their weekly wages.

Hainan Hibs
03-09-2012, 06:48 AM
Top league footballers with 2 brain cells to rub together should not be getting into a financial pickle with their weekly wages.

Especially when earning more in a week than many do in a month.

Heedersnvolleys
03-09-2012, 06:53 AM
This strikes me as "Hibs boss in papers again moaning about how the media is against us". The Sun then gets a non-story as if to say "you bring it on yourself" or "we give you something else to moan about".

ScottB
03-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Why anyone ever picks up the likes of the Sun or the Record, or even goes on to their websites is beyond me!

EdinMike
03-09-2012, 07:14 AM
Clicked on it. Saw it was The Sun. Closed it.

Don't believe the hype kids !

Golden Bear
03-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Why anyone ever picks up the likes of the Sun or the Record, or even goes on to their websites is beyond me!

Because they love controversy and they can then go on to Hibs net to vent their spleen.

:coffee:

givescotlandfreedom
03-09-2012, 07:38 AM
Collins had the right idea when banning the papers that stirred it up about us.

CB_NO3
03-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Thats what we get for drawing with one of the Old Firm :)

EH6 Hibby
03-09-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm in total disbelief that this is even considered newsworthy, I'm blown away that this is front page news. Pathetic.

Beefster
03-09-2012, 08:10 AM
If this was a Hearts player, we'd be lapping it up.

Aldo
03-09-2012, 08:20 AM

Yeah we would be but forgotten in 5 minutes tho. Front page news wot a lot of crap.

DarrenSQH
03-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Imagine the fake headlines if we had won.

So he has punched fenlon, burnt down a stand and owes £500.

SlickShoes
03-09-2012, 08:30 AM
A mate owes me money and he is late on the payment, I expect to see the story in the sun tomorrow morning.

hibsbollah
03-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Is that supposed to be newsworthy? :hilarious

Viva_Palmeiras
03-09-2012, 08:37 AM
The good news is uncle got paid for said article so has likely recouped the amount due and some.

Best way to deny oxygen to the Sun is not only to buy but not to click through (parr of revenue generating model) or post on here regarding it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2012, 10:10 AM
A mate owes me money and he is late on the payment, I expect to see the story in the sun tomorrow morning.

Same here, Its only been about 10 years tho, so, doubt its headline news anymore!

cabbageandribs1875
03-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Typical bull**** journalism from the sun from top to bottom. Didn't even get his name right.

Nothing to see here.

looks like correct spelling to me :confused:

Whilst the Sun isn't even toilet paper, if the basic point of the story is true, and Sparky does still owe his Uncle the dosh and is being a prat about paying it back, then he needs to give himself a shake, pay it back and employ a Financial advisor pronto. Top league footballers with 2 brain cells to rub together should not be getting into a financial pickle with their weekly wages.

exaxctos, i like to keep an open mind on these articles, always nice to hear from both sides :agree: can you imagine some posters on here on court duty for a murder trial, guilty m'lord, judge says, have you heard both sides evidence yet ? naw...i just hink he's guilty :hilarious

Because they love controversy and they can then go on to Hibs net to vent their spleen.

:coffee:

if that's directed at me can you elaborate please ? vent my spleen ? about what exactly ? :confused: just in case you haven't noticed, it's the 21st century and freedom of speech etc etc, as far as i know you aint the .net censorship officer on here, if you don't like seeing newspaper articles showing any of our players in a bad light(whether rightly...or wrongly...you decide) then don't read the link, it's really quite simple, freedom of choice etc etc :cb

Hermit Crab
03-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Move along people nothing to see here except the usual pish from the sun trying to start a hate campaign against our player. If that was an OF player not a word would be said. :rolleyes:

cabbageandribs1875
03-09-2012, 11:14 AM
I know his uncle and can't believe he has been duped by the sun... Total rag of a paper... certainly will not be making an attempt to speak to him from now on....

not for me to say, but if i knew his uncle i would be asking him personaly for his side of the story, and if he has been paid back, why would he even be contemplating taking legal advice ? if i had been paid back money from my nephew i certainly wouldn't make a fool of myself by deliberately lying to a newspaper, theirs actually usually 3 sides to a story....his version....and his version...and somewhere in the middle is the truth :)

Part/Time Supporter
03-09-2012, 11:14 AM

If it was a Hearts player, it wouldn't be in the Scottish Sun because there is a Yam journo there who controls these kind of stories.

dangermouse
03-09-2012, 11:17 AM
looks like correct spelling to me :confused:

Disabled Norman said: “Near the end of April I got a phone call from my daughter Vivien. She said she though Lee was in a “bit of bother” as he had asked her to lend him £300.

cabbageandribs1875
03-09-2012, 11:18 AM
If it was a Hearts player, it wouldn't be in the Scottish Sun because there is a Yam journo there who controls these kind of stories.

well he missed this bit about his beloved hertz then

Templeton’s agent David Baldwin also hit out at Jambos last night.
He added: “I think if it was any club other than Hearts and they made those comments about you it would be upsetting but because it’s Hearts it is just laughable now.
“It’s their usual ‘nonsensical rant at a departing player’ and they don’t like factual information getting in the way of a good rant.

:)

archiebald
03-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Think there is only one uncle :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
03-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Disabled Norman said: “Near the end of April I got a phone call from my daughter Vivien. She said she though Lee was in a “bit of bother” as he had asked her to lend him £300.

sorry, i didn't even notice that myself, at least the name in the title is correct :greengrin but, maybe...just maybe....that's what he's always called his nephew :) perfectly feasable

VickMackie
03-09-2012, 11:25 AM
He threatened to burn down their stadium. :faf: what a load of crap!

Part/Time Supporter
03-09-2012, 11:26 AM

He added: “I think if it was any club other than Hearts and they made those comments about you it would be upsetting but because it’s Hearts it is just laughable now.
“It’s their usual ‘nonsensical rant at a departing player’ and they don’t like factual information getting in the way of a good rant.

That's a football story (argument between Templeton and HMFC), not this kind of personal crap.

Beefster
03-09-2012, 12:02 PM

That's a football story (argument between Templeton and HMFC), not this kind of personal crap.

He missed this story too.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4252391/You-Cheatin-Heart.html

EH6 Hibby
03-09-2012, 12:38 PM

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4252391/You-Cheatin-Heart.html

That looks like it's been written from a Hearts fan slant imo, full of digs at the ex and Rudi is now "Stunning" new girlfriend.

Baldy Foghorn
03-09-2012, 01:39 PM
1.- It should NEVER have made the front page....
2.- Obviously the Uncle has went to the press for his own motives
3.- It this is deemed worthy of publication, then maybe I should phone the Sun, my Sister gave me a fiver loan in 1982, and I have been avoiding her since... (no wait cancel that, I would drop myself right in it, DOH)

Beefster
03-09-2012, 01:43 PM
That looks like it's been written from a Hearts fan slant imo, full of digs at the ex and Rudi is now "Stunning" new girlfriend.

It basically quotes their twitter spat so the digs are from Skacel himself.

The Sun's a rag that will print any story about anyone remotely recognisable to their readership. Any sort of conspiracy theory that this is some exclusively anti-Hibs agenda is just paranoid rubbish IMHO.

erin go bragh
03-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Sparkys tweeted
I have one word for the scottish sun - EMBARRASING!!!! trying to ruin my life ,but writing absolute nonsence.

This is the same paper that today said we won our first league point at darkheed in 34 months ,,,,:cb fin muppets .

ggtth

Future17
03-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Rudi is now "Stunning" new girlfriend.

What's he using? Roofies or a cattle prod?

jacomo
03-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Collins had the right idea when banning the papers that stirred it up about us.

Except that they then stirred it up even more and sadly some of our fans bought it.

Scouse Hibee
03-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Wouldn't read that ****** of a paper in any shape or form.

silverhibee
03-09-2012, 04:51 PM

It wouldn't be in this rag.

silverhibee
03-09-2012, 04:56 PM

****ing spot on. :agree: DW :agree:

SkintHibby
03-09-2012, 04:58 PM
I was in the garage first thing this morning and passed the newspaper stand and noticed The Sun headline of 'Hibs Star', 'Uncle' and "£500".

I just carried on my merry way and never even gave it another seconds thought. This newspaper cannot be taken seriously at all.

silverhibee
03-09-2012, 05:06 PM

This person has no control of what is said in the sports section, he does when it is front page news regarding Hibs players though, he didn't like it when his paper was fined for contempt of court after a ex Hibs player was found Not Guilty after a trial, they weren't the only press or media to be fined either but this person seems to have taken a grudge on all Hibs players after getting his knuckles wrapped by the courts. He is a yam and gets most of his stories of brokeback.co.

Hibercelona
03-09-2012, 05:11 PM
A complete waste of trees.

silverhibee
03-09-2012, 05:12 PM

Was it a front page story in that rag or tucked away on page 27.

Hibrandenburg
03-09-2012, 05:15 PM
A complete waste of trees.

Wouldn't want to dirty my bum with it.

nonshinyfinish
03-09-2012, 07:45 PM

:hilarious

basehibby
03-09-2012, 09:06 PM
What a ****my rag of a joke paper the Sun is!

The very fact this is deemed front page news is an embarassment in itself - even if it were true which I severely doubt. They are proven liars afterall.

blaikie
03-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Even if he did take the money, the auld ******* needs a good slap for going to the papers with family! Old decrepit prick!

basehibby
03-09-2012, 09:37 PM
This person has no control of what is said in the sports section, he does when it is front page news regarding Hibs players though, he didn't like it when his paper was fined for contempt of court after a ex Hibs player was found Not Guilty after a trial, they weren't the only press or media to be fined either but this person seems to have taken a grudge on all Hibs players after getting his knuckles wrapped by the courts. He is a yam and gets most of his stories of brokeback.co.

How appropriate - I suppose that means the scottish sun is actually literally a jam-rag

Beefster
03-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Was it a front page story in that rag or tucked away on page 27.

No idea. I've not bought a newspaper for about a decade, never mind The Sun!

We've had they won't print stories about Hearts players. When that turned out wrong, it was only personal stories about Hearts players that they won't print. When that turned out wrong, it was only negative personal stories about Hearts players that they won't print. When that turned out wrong, we're now saying that they bury them on page 27.

I'll keep to the belief that they'll print whatever pish they think will sell a few more papers, irrespective of what team a particular player might play for.

EH6 Hibby
03-09-2012, 10:22 PM

Oops. :hilarious

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2012, 03:58 PM

name the guilty one :jamboclow get gordon smart(showbiz editor at the sun....and hibby) to give him a wee slap :cb

No idea. I've not bought a newspaper for about a decade, never mind The Sun!

snap !

I'll keep to the belief that they'll print whatever pish they think will sell a few more papers, irrespective of what team a particular player might play for.

exactos :agree:

Elephant Stone
04-09-2012, 04:20 PM

This "Yam journo" must've been on holiday when they were covering the Craig Thomson stories. He sure picks his moments.

It basically quotes their twitter spat so the digs are from Skacel himself.

The Sun's a rag that will print any story about anyone remotely recognisable to their readership. Any sort of conspiracy theory that this is some exclusively anti-Hibs agenda is just paranoid rubbish IMHO.

Spot on. They will smear absolutely anyone to appease the sheep who buy it, anyone who thinks otherwise is a total idiot.

hibsbollah
04-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Another Sun headline, from 1992

http://yfrog.com/mmc1ejsj

Beefster
04-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Another Sun headline, from 1992

http://yfrog.com/mmc1ejsj

Spoof created by the Sun themselves.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00943/Giant-Leaps_p128-12_943842j.jpg

hibsbollah
04-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Damn that pesky satire.

One Day Soon
04-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Spoof created by the Sun themselves.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00943/Giant-Leaps_p128-12_943842j.jpg

I'm thinking perhaps the by line gives it away. Or maybe there really was a journalist called Dot Comme....

nonshinyfinish
04-09-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm thinking perhaps the by line gives it away. Or maybe there really was a journalist called Dot Comme....

Dot Cotton's brother. (Is this right? --Ed.​)