PDA

View Full Version : generic "Kenny Shiels is a muppet" thread (merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3

jimmy-adjovi
02-09-2012, 09:42 PM
The guy is a clown

DaveF
02-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Is there anymore to this or is it just a plain statement of fact?

jimmy-adjovi
02-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Is there anymore to this or is it just a plain statement of fact?

He's on sportscene just now talking rubbish. Would also like to add the highlights package they put together was shocking for the Hibs game. Instead of listening to Shiels' p!sh we could have seen more of the game

Wilson
02-09-2012, 10:02 PM
As far as I could see the presenter was going on about Celtc's dominance and Billy Dodds about how they should have been clear. Seems Kenny was the one keen to emphasise our contribution...

Hibercelona
02-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Now rattling on about how well he thought Hearts played today and the "great team" McGlynn has put together.

:crazy:

givescotlandfreedom
02-09-2012, 10:09 PM
I'd generally agree with the OP but think he's been okay tonight.

Hibercelona
02-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Why are they talking about Sevco?! :grr:

brydekirk
02-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Whats the crack wi that guy's ears, they cannae be real.

offshorehibby
02-09-2012, 10:11 PM
He might be a clown but he did praise Hibs for the results in the last few games and gave them some credit for their second half performance.

davidw
02-09-2012, 10:12 PM
He's on sportscene just now talking rubbish. Would also like to add the highlights package they put together was shocking for the Hibs game. Instead of listening to Shiels' p!sh we could have seen more of the game

had never fully appreciated the ears before - they are amazing.

here's a picture of him being interviewed by Hazel Irvine: kenny_sheils (http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=bfg&um=1&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=899&tbm=isch&tbnid=khvW7oSLMjLzTM:&imgrefurl=http://www.emel.com/blog/2010/09/a-little-nonsense-now-and-then-is-relished-by-the-wisest-men/&imgurl=http://www.emel.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/bfg.jpg&w=450&h=300&ei=W9lDUK6VLeKw0AXj3oGwDg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=828&vpy=448&dur=2461&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=144&ty=96&sig=106010623541815111704&page=1&tbnh=160&tbnw=240&start=0&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:16,s:0,i:186)

Northernhibee
02-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Don't always agree with what he says but I like him. Uncompromising.

joe breezy
02-09-2012, 10:30 PM
He's come out with some crap in the past...

I thought he was quite reasonable on the telly tonight though

Jim44
02-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Shiels made it quite clear that his son joined Sevco purely for the money and Billy Dodds agreed.

FitbaFolkKen
03-09-2012, 01:01 AM
Normally slavers, thought he was quite honest tonight. Keen to emphasise Hibs contribution, nice change!

Danderhall Hibs
03-09-2012, 06:30 AM
Shiels made it quite clear that his son joined Sevco purely for the money and Billy Dodds agreed.

Cos as Dodds said "that's the important thing". We all know that a footballer's not allowed to work post-retiring from football.

joe breezy
03-09-2012, 06:50 AM
And because of his wife who's from Edinburgh...

I don't blame players for taking 7grand a week while they can

Imagine being in that position in your own profession

It's a job - Sheils wasn't getting offers from AC Milan, he could have been playing against Celtic and Hibs for Kilmarnock? So what?

He'll maybe still get to do that in cups and he'll be financially secure

The Harp
03-09-2012, 07:16 AM
Don't always agree with what he says but I like him. Uncompromising.

Agree with you. He comes across as a good guy IMHO, but one who can get a bit carried away at times.
It was Rob Maclean and and that clown, Dodds, who were spouting about how Celtic should've had the game wrapped up and that they had so many players missing that I found annoying. Thought Shiels was quite complimentary of our contribution to the game.

Golden Bear
03-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Normally slavers, thought he was quite honest tonight. Keen to emphasise Hibs contribution, nice change!

:agree:

Also my impression from last night.

Generally I can't make my mind up whether he's a good guy or a bad guy or simply a wind up merchant. He's different that's for sure.

poolman
03-09-2012, 07:34 AM

:agree: he looks like a taxi wi the doors open

dangermouse
03-09-2012, 07:35 AM

When I first saw him on Sportscene last night I thought I was watching a Disney film.

hibsbollah
03-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Watching him talk is like trying to listen to a woman with exceedingly large breasts. Its almost impossible to concentrate on whats being said :agree:

NotoriousLor
03-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Watching him talk is like trying to listen to a woman with exceedingly large breasts. Its almost impossible to concentrate on whats being said :agree:

Or fall asleep for that matter, he has got one of the most boring voices I've ever heard :yawn:

1875er
03-09-2012, 09:09 AM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

hibsbollah
03-09-2012, 09:34 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I bet he goes home to his wife and says 'i was trying to get some tactics over to the players today, and they kept staring at my two massive, pendulous ears like a pack of dogs on heat'.

JIm
03-09-2012, 09:37 AM
And because of his wife who's from Edinburgh...

I don't blame players for taking 7grand a week while they can

Imagine being in that position in your own profession

It's a job - Sheils wasn't getting offers from AC Milan, he could have been playing against Celtic and Hibs for Kilmarnock? So what?

He'll maybe still get to do that in cups and he'll be financially secure

Totally agree. I just find it dissapointing that they are choosing the option to play in Div 3 as opposed to potentially move down south or to another league. I think that shows a lack of ambition. However in a strange way i kind of understand.

PeterboroHibee
03-09-2012, 09:42 AM
I actually thought he was alright on Sportscene last night. Basically admitted alot of the stuff he says is to try and wind opposition fans up, and it seems to work.

joe breezy
03-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Totally agree. I just find it dissapointing that they are choosing the option to play in Div 3 as opposed to potentially move down south or to another league. I think that shows a lack of ambition. However in a strange way i kind of understand.

My mum is good friends with Dean's wife's mum. Dean's wife is from a close family. They're lovely people too.

I can understand Dean's wife wanting to stay close to them.

JimBHibees
03-09-2012, 09:49 AM
The one thing he is though is a very good coach as he had Killie playing the best football of any team in the league last year. Some of their play was excellent. I think he likes to stir things up at times with his comments however at least he isnt afraid to make a comment and doesnt toe the party line.

erin go bragh
03-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Or fall asleep for that matter, he has got one of the most boring voices I've ever heard :yawn:

ks sounds chirpy , compared to Derrick ferguson !

Ggtth

vanNISHtelroy
03-09-2012, 10:55 AM

Thought that most of what Kenny said was perfectly fine...

...although I had turned over to watch Father Ted after they finished talkng about the games and must have missed this bit. Don't think it should have been a surprise though, everyone knew why they were signing for them. Kenny has also already spoke about this in an interview with one of the papers just after Dean joined them.

The Harp
03-09-2012, 11:02 AM
My mum is good friends with Dean's wife's mum. Dean's wife is from a close family. They're lovely people too.

I can understand Dean's wife wanting to stay close to them.

... best not to get too close to those ears though, especially in a high wind.:paranoid:

Peevemor
03-09-2012, 11:04 AM
... best not to get too close to those ears though, especially in a high wind.:paranoid:

He's the only manager that can keep up with Jocky Scott and his jet pack. :agree:

Winston Ingram
03-09-2012, 11:18 AM

Completely agree. I thought he was excellent tonight:agree:

RyeSloan
03-09-2012, 05:34 PM
I find Shiels a bit of a mumbler to be honest and his semi bored drawl is not exactly conducive to good TV.

Sportscene is a bloody embarrassment and is almost unwatchable.

The ‘highlights’ package starts with the goal, no quick run through of line ups and key players or anything….no straight into (poor picture quality) highlights that starts with Celtic in possession and scoring a goal. It then proceeds to show clumsily linked excerpts from the match that give you no feel of how the game actually panned out….it then cuts to the second half without even a summary or round up or stats for the first half and then more of the same choppy poor quality nonsense.

Having been subjected to a mere few minutes of the SPL game of the weekend (there is only 6 games to fit in so no idea why they cannot show extended highlights of at least ONE game) the FIRST comment out of McLean’s mouth is how great it is the Celtic are in the CL Groups and how Scotland needs that soooo much. Next comment out is about Celtic’s transfer policy (Dodds rather bizarrely giving Lennon the blame for signing Rasmussen)….once we have that we love in out the way they finally get round to talking about the game.

Sadly ‘talking’ about the game is a bit of a push and don’t expect any in depth analysis of positioning or tactics or relevant replays to go with some insightful comment…some rather general mumbling based on nothing very much is about it.

Finally WTF is the studio all about? Cables clearly visible trailing behind the horrible looking chairs and a bright yellow/blue montage back drop glaring into every living room trying to give each and every viewer a headache.

If that’s the best BBC can do they should just give up.

Monts
03-09-2012, 05:59 PM

jdships
03-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Thought he came across quite well last night . Agree with his assessment of the young lads move to Everton .
My problem is with Dodds !
Noticed when talking about the Hibs second goal he was quick to remark that the goalkeeper ' could have done better' and made no reference to the schoolboy mistake for the first .
I find him extremely irritating whenever he is on the ' box' - this idea he has that Scottish football is the OF really p....s me off
Does the producer of ' Sportscene' not look for comentators/summarisers that are able to talk/discuss/describe without letting their bias come to the fore ?

Northernhibee
03-09-2012, 07:40 PM
I find Shiels a bit of a mumbler to be honest and his semi bored drawl is not exactly conducive to good TV.

The ‘highlights’ package starts with the goal, no quick run through of line ups and key players or anything….no straight into (poor picture quality) highlights that starts with Celtic in possession and scoring a goal. It then proceeds to show clumsily linked excerpts from the match that give you no feel of how the game actually panned out….it then cuts to the second half without even a summary or round up or stats for the first half and then more of the same choppy poor quality nonsense.

Having been subjected to a mere few minutes of the SPL game of the weekend (there is only 6 games to fit in so no idea why they cannot show extended highlights of at least ONE game) the FIRST comment out of McLean’s mouth is how great it is the Celtic are in the CL Groups and how Scotland needs that soooo much. Next comment out is about Celtic’s transfer policy (Dodds rather bizarrely giving Lennon the blame for signing Rasmussen)….once we have that we love in out the way they finally get round to talking about the game.

Sadly ‘talking’ about the game is a bit of a push and don’t expect any in depth analysis of positioning or tactics or relevant replays to go with some insightful comment…some rather general mumbling based on nothing very much is about it.

Finally WTF is the studio all about? Cables clearly visible trailing behind the horrible looking chairs and a bright yellow/blue montage back drop glaring into every living room trying to give each and every viewer a headache.

What really, really winds me up is that everything they show you from the game is repeated without fail. Replay goals and at a push red card incidents, but get more of the actual game on show.

Get new commentators on too, every single one without fail is abysmal. Still raging from the St Johnstone game when we subbed on our young striker Ross Campbell and we were "only just ahead" after that ball was cleared after it had crossed the line. I could do much better myself.

hibsbollah
03-09-2012, 07:43 PM

My thoughts exactly. I tend to avoid it, watched it last night and was just embarrassed for myself, my country, and the human race all round. Just horrible viewing.

joe breezy
03-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Dodds is terrible and a proven liar, people like him and, even worse, Traynor, shouldn't be seeing a penny of our license fee

lobster
03-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Needs to speed it up a bit.
Dodds has got it Sussed being paid to talk *****. Good job. :thumbsup:

500miles
03-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Shiels was being asked to comment to much on the games that didn't concern him. He's probably not had a chance to watch the games he was asked to comment on, whereas Dodds, as the paid pundit, should be watching either the full matches, or some very extended highlights of each game before commenting.

I like Sheils, although I felt last night he was trying to watch what he was saying, because he is so often picked on by the press. The fact is, he's a guy who's openly come out and said he doesn't like the OF, partly because of their divisive influence in NI. He speaks his mind, sometimes before he's really thought about it, but, in general, a guy I like.

Jim44
28-09-2012, 09:04 AM
He's at it again but it's only aimed at the Jambos so, fine. He's making a big thing of them being the second biggest club in the SPL and they should be in second place."They are expected to beat us to get into second place (Motherwell and Hibs might have something to say about that) - Kilmarnock at home is the one, it's a HOME win, It's not an X or a 2, it's a 1." etc etc . He's using his psychology skills to play mind games and annoy everyone in the process with his superior knowledge.

RickyS
28-09-2012, 09:46 AM
He's at it again but it's only aimed at the Jambos so, fine. He's making a big thing of them being the second biggest club in the SPL and they should be in second place."They are expected to beat us to get into second place (Motherwell and Hibs might have something to say about that) - Kilmarnock at home is the one, it's a HOME win, It's not an X or a 2, it's a 1." etc etc . He's using his psychology skills to play mind games and annoy everyone in the process with his superior knowledge.

got a link?

Onceinawhile
28-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Kenny shiels is a tube. Best ignored.

JimBHibees
28-09-2012, 10:01 AM
He is really morphing into a pub bore, the type of guy that has an opinion on everything but is ignored.

Kojock
28-09-2012, 10:07 AM
He is really morphing into a pub bore, the type of guy that has an opinion on everything but is ignored.

Who said that. :wink:

Link

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4560706/Top-two-finish-or-you-fail.html

hibee92
28-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Journalists must love him.

Suppose someone has to.

hibsbollah
28-09-2012, 10:18 AM
I can't believe how much he looks like the BFG from the Roald Dahl book. Hes so unbelievably ugly, his ears can only have been designed by Salvador Dali.

SRHibs
28-09-2012, 10:26 AM

TBF he's only stating a fact. Hearts are the second biggest club, and any team should look to win at home.

Kato
28-09-2012, 10:27 AM

Standard "talking up the opposition" pre-match surely?

Managers who couldn't even spell "sighkologee" have done exactly the same for donkey's years, many of them far better at it than him.

It's his post-match myopia and unsporting comments that let him down.

JimBHibees
28-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Who said that. :wink:

Ha, ha. Your not wrong. :greengrin

Piqué
28-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Thank goodness he never played any of these mind games before our game against Killie. Could have completely swung the outcome of the match :wink:

Hibercelona
28-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Winding up the Jambos?

I always knew this Kenny guy wasn't such a bad lad. :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
28-09-2012, 12:24 PM
By his logic in the article and his tipping them for third, that would make Dundee United bigger than us. I'm not into this tadger measuring but that's laughable.

JimBHibees
28-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Winding up the Jambos?

I always knew this Kenny guy wasn't such a bad lad. :wink:

Thin line between winding up and firing up IMO.

EskbankHibby
28-09-2012, 12:44 PM

Here is the problem for me, he doesn't have any skills. They are the transparent ramblings of the attention seeking slaver.

Tricla
28-09-2012, 12:47 PM
tbf he's only stating a fact. Hearts are the second biggest club, and any team should look to win at home.

ltyf!

muzzhfc
28-09-2012, 12:49 PM
love to hate him, he comes out with ignorent comments and makes himself look like a fanny. i know i shouldnt take him seriously but . . . ahh

Jim44
28-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Here is the problem for me, he doesn't have any skills. They are the transparent ramblings of the attention seeking slaver.

I was led to believe he had a degree in psychology.

allezsauzee
28-09-2012, 01:59 PM
The boy's a walloper. End of.

Off the bar
28-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Kenny Shield, twat would have been a more appropriate thread title no?:wink:

EskbankHibby
28-09-2012, 02:47 PM
I was led to believe he had a degree in psychology.

But he still lacks the skills to apply this qualification in an effective way.:greengrin

(actually had to google Kenny Shiels Psychology, 1st hit is this thread then an article in the Herald confirming his degree)

Dashing Bob S
28-09-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm going to swim against the tide here and say that I absolutely love Kenny Shields.

Yes, he more often than not talks utter ludicrous tosh, and more power to his elbow.

But I can remember when managers and coaches just gave opinions, without PR people and agents hanging around, schooling them in 'media presentation skills' and the game was a lot more fun as a result. It's football FFS, we're paying money to freeze our bol-locks off watching men kicking a ball around, there's absolutely nothing rational or sensible about it. So managers shouldn't be like slimy politicians running for office, every utterance preordained by some focus group, or like smarmy television presenters reading from cue cards. They should be like supporters, often reasonable, informed and cerebral, yes, but also sometimes confused, boorish, partisan clowns.

So keep up the good work, KS, you beautiful, irrational, infuriating nutcase that you are. Why? Because you remind me why I still go to football.

mikethehibee69
28-09-2012, 03:12 PM
:top marksAnd also he gave us Dean Shiels :wink:
I'm going to swim against the tide here and say that I absolutely love Kenny Shields.

Yes, he more often than not talks utter ludicrous tosh, and more power to his elbow.

But I can remember when managers and coaches just gave opinions, without PR people and agents hanging around, schooling them in 'media presentation skills' and the game was a lot more fun as a result. It's football FFS, we're paying money to freeze our bol-locks off watching men kicking a ball around, there's absolutely nothing rational or sensible about it. So managers shouldn't be like slimy politicians running for office, every utterance preordained by some focus group, or like smarmy television presenters reading from cue cards. They should be like supporters, often reasonable, informed and cerebral, yes, but also sometimes confused, boorish, partisan clowns.

So keep up the good work, KS, you beautiful, irrational, infuriating nutcase that you are. Why? Because you remind me why I still go to football.

Bostonhibby
29-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Kenny Shiels, psychologist

Do you mean Proctologist?

CraigHibee
29-09-2012, 08:28 AM
he reminds me a little of ivan golak

Posh Swanny
29-09-2012, 09:14 AM

I would agree but his comments aren't the off-the-cuff rants of a passionate loony. They're calculated to affect the other team and the referees. This one and the "how will Hibs cope with being top after being ****** for so long" aren't so bad as they're so obvious that they're never going to do anything but fire the opposition up, but his comments about Cairney diving were more sinister and uttered and continued purely to make referees look more closely next time he or any other Hibs player is fouled in the box. You only have to look at GOC's treatment from refs last season after his stone-waller early in the year was highlighted as a dive by the opposition manager.

Biggie
29-09-2012, 09:31 AM
The boy's a walloper. End of.

Well said that man :top marks

Famous Fiver
29-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Latest Score

Hearts 0 Killie 3

Do some of Mr Shiels fiercest critics on here want to revise their opinion of him?

At this moment I have got a man crush on him!!!!

Mon the Shielsy!!!

Geo_1875
29-09-2012, 03:44 PM
I doubt his inane ramblings have had any effect on todays scoreline. Probably more to do with Kilmarnock being better than the pink team..

Keith_M
29-09-2012, 04:16 PM
I personally prefer to have the game full of 'characters' than have the SPL managed by 12 Craigy Broons. I love it when we have something to talk about, other than how sportsmanlike and diplomatic the opposition manager has been.

Although I do draw the line at Neil Lennon, who really should keep his gob shut.

sesoim
29-09-2012, 04:27 PM
I can't believe how much he looks like the BFG from the Roald Dahl book. Hes so unbelievably ugly, his ears can only have been designed by Salvador Dali.

For someone who is always complaining about racism and other "ism's" on this site, slagging off someone's looks is a bit hypocritical and personal, no? He can't change his looks any more than people can change their skin colour.

Personally, I like him. He talks rubbish some of the time, but he is entertaining, and a decent manager as well.

SRHibs
29-09-2012, 05:06 PM
For someone who is always complaining about racism and other "ism's" on this site, slagging off someone's looks is a bit hypocritical and personal, no? He can't change his looks any more than people can change their skin colour.

Personally, I like him. He talks rubbish some of the time, but he is entertaining, and a decent manager as well.

I made this point in another thread and unsurprisingly it got completely ignored. It was the thread where the objective was to post up pictures of "ugly Yams". I merely questioned why people felt it was OK to torment and dehumanise Steve Fulton because of his looks, yet got their knickers in a twist over a tongue-in-cheek song from the Yams calling us gay? No doubt the lasting effect from having 17000 people chastising you because of your looks is going to be more severe than that of the gay song.

hibsbollah
29-09-2012, 05:43 PM

I never said i wasnt hypocritical. As it is, when an SPL manager has a set of ears that wouldnt look out of place on either side of an Indian elephant, i will continue to point it out, ta. If the site admin wants to get involved i may reconsider, all the time muttering about 'the PC brigade'.

Humo
06-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Kilmarnock manager Kenny Shiels upset by referee in loss to AberdeenHe always has an excuse doesnt he?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/19859616

J-C
06-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Kilmarnock manager Kenny Shiels upset by referee in loss to Aberdeen

He always has an excuse doesnt he?

Pa Broon had a bit of a laugh at his expense when interviewed, you could hear his wee brain ready to say Shiels is an erse and should shut the hell up.

cabbageandribs1875
06-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Kilmarnock manager Kenny Shiels upset by referee in loss to Aberdeen

He always has an excuse doesnt he?

by the law of averages, one week he will get it right :greengrin

Hibs Class
06-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Pa Broon had a bit of a laugh at his expense when interviewed, you could hear his wee brain ready to say Shiels is an erse and should shut the hell up.

:agree: Heard it - he was chuckling his way through, and when he said that he had a lot of respect for Shiels but thought he was mistaken today it did sound like a euphemisim for "Shiels, you're talking s***".

Bobby's Cinema
06-10-2012, 06:52 PM
What a muppet.

I did laugh when he said, "I'm disappointed we tried to play like them. I'd have liked us to try and play with the ball on the deck."

But, What a muppet.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Shiels is making a rod for his own back, because now the post match p1sh is expected and even the days when he may have a point, won't matter as this will get lost. Funny how he can go from honest and refreshing to a complete tit in a matter of months.

Diclonius
03-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Moaning about referees yet again.

Said he gave Inverness a penalty that wasn't one and "he may have a grudge against me because he made a sarcastic remark at the end of the game."

Tricla
03-11-2012, 06:40 PM
He's a boobtit

ancient hibee
03-11-2012, 06:46 PM
He stands up for his club,his players and himself which is just what he should do I would have thought.

Gatecrasher
03-11-2012, 07:02 PM
listened to him on the radio on the way home, he doesny half talk a lot of *****. Boring as well.

thebakerboy
03-11-2012, 07:35 PM
He does talk a lot of absolut b@:+_"£$% but he is right when he says if he says what he believes is true he will be in trouble with the authorities , yet Terry Butcher said ref got it wrong with Killie pen and nothing will happen. Oh of course didn't he once play for a certain oldco team.

Hiber-nation
03-11-2012, 08:04 PM
He's now reporting Euan Norris to the SFA :crazy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20194940

greenlex
03-11-2012, 08:16 PM
The guys a ****ing zoomer. I was srruggling to drive because of my laughing a t him. He says hes not allowed to tell the truth after being asked his opinion on the penalty incidents. Whata lot of complete bollocks. He either thinks they were or they weren't. As long as he doesnt criticise the officials whats the problem Butcher gave his opinion and wont be punished. Shiels is an embrassment.

Spike Mandela
03-11-2012, 08:19 PM
He's the Pub Bore.

ano hibby
03-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Dick Dung just as bad in that interview, Shiels ramblings threw him & he couldn't put one word in front of the other.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Trouble with Shiels is that now he opens his trap, people now assume that it is slavers. Kinda like when players that dive, stop getting fouls even when they are proper hacked.

--------
03-11-2012, 08:30 PM
I honestly don't know what he was trying to say in that interview.

If referees are now wary of him, he's only got himself to blame.

If they don't like him, he's only got himself to blame.

I haven't seen any of the penalty incidents - no doubt BBC will show them on the highlights - but it does seem to me that if you make a habit of accusing opposition players of cheating you won't make many friends in the game. Apparently he was waiting on the touchline for the ref at half time today - the BBC report describes him as being "irate", which with Kenny means red-faced and ready to start yelling.

No player would get away with that sort of confrontational behaviour; why should a manager?

"I work in an industry where I have to give this interview but I'm not allowed to tell the truth," he says. Telling the truth to Kenny means labelling Paul Cairney a diver and a cheat, to take but one example, knowing that Paul would have no real or immediate opportunity to defend himself. Truth to Kenny means bad-mouthing all and sundry whenever the result goes against him.

It's long past time the SFA hauled him up to Hampden Park to explain himself.

Reaper
03-11-2012, 08:36 PM
He does talk a lot of absolut b@:+_"£$% but he is right when he says if he says what he believes is true he will be in trouble with the authorities , yet Terry Butcher said ref got it wrong with Killie pen and nothing will happen. Oh of course didn't he once play for a certain oldco team.

Yeah agreed with him on that bit. The quicker the so called football authorities change their Draconian ways then it may return to what it used to be 'Entertainment'

coco22
03-11-2012, 08:37 PM
I think he gave us all a deep insight when he said he considers himself as 'one of Craig Levein's network of coaches' as an spl manager, while offering him full support (despite having no players in the national setup).

--------
03-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Yeah agreed with him on that bit. The quicker the so called football authorities change their Draconian ways then it may return to what it used to be 'Entertainment'

I'm not quite clear how exactly giving a guy like Shiels compete freedom to criticise and bad-mouth anyone and everyone he chooses would make football more entertaining?

Other than him making a complete idiot of himself every after-match interview he gives?

Is it just me, or is it too much of a coincidence that the weekend after an English referee's reported for inappropriate comments allegedly made to a Chelsea player, Shiels reports Euan Norris for being sarcastic and disrespectful to him and Kilmarnock? It appears that Kenny S can say anything he likes about Euan Norris, and even attack him verbally to his face in public at half-time, but Euan Norris has to be always deeply respectful and punctiliously polite to Kenny S?

Shiels is a verbal bully, and needs to be dealt with. Dean has my sympathy - growing up with THAT for a father must have been interesting - in a Chinese sort of way.

Butcher's interview was a good one - he's talking about the game, about the way his team's playing, the way results are improving for them; he says he thought all three penalty claims were good ones without attacking the referee personally; he gives Kilmarnock credit for their good play and even mentions Ross County's win over Aberdeen. Shiels says Butcher's being 'political' - I would say he's just giving a relaxed, truthful interview at the end of the game.

That's why he won't get into trouble - not because he's somehow being sneaky, or because he once played for Rangers.

Shiels, on the other hand is ALWAYS attacking other people, ALWAYS accusing the opposition of cheating, ALWAYS accusing referees of bias, ALWAYS has a chip on his shoulder about some injustice or other done to him and his team and to them alone.

He's beginning to sound like Vlad on speed.

Jonnyboy
03-11-2012, 09:10 PM
I honestly don't know what he was trying to say in that interview.

If referees are now wary of him, he's only got himself to blame.

If they don't like him, he's only got himself to blame.

I haven't seen any of the penalty incidents - no doubt BBC will show them on the highlights - but it does seem to me that if you make a habit of accusing opposition players of cheating you won't make many friends in the game. Apparently he was waiting on the touchline for the ref at half time today - the BBC report describes him as being "irate", which with Kenny means red-faced and ready to start yelling.

No player would get away with that sort of confrontational behaviour; why should a manager?

"I work in an industry where I have to give this interview but I'm not allowed to tell the truth," he says. Telling the truth to Kenny means labelling Paul Cairney a diver and a cheat, to take but one example, knowing that Paul would have no real or immediate opportunity to defend himself. Truth to Kenny means bad-mouthing all and sundry whenever the result goes against him.

It's long past time the SFA hauled him up to Hampden Park to explain himself.

:top marks

What I got from his interview was his phrase "I never said a word to the ref but his retort was to insult me" or words to that effect. Can anyone explain how it is possible for the ref to 'retort' when nothing has been said to him?

He has a point in some ways regarding the draconian laws but lets be honest, he's a bit of a fruit-loop :wink:

--------
03-11-2012, 09:20 PM

What I got from his interview was his phrase "I never said a word to the ref but his retort was to insult me" or words to that effect. Can anyone explain how it is possible for the ref to 'retort' when nothing has been said to him?

He has a point in some ways regarding the draconian laws but lets be honest, he's a bit of a fruit-loop :wink:

I would welcome a relaxation of the rules to allow managers to express their opinions regarding incidents in the game, John. It might be also a good thing if referees were allowed to explain certain decisions as well, though that might not be entirely a good thing.

But if the rules WERE relaxed to allow managers to be more open, does anyone think Kenny Shiels would respect that? My reading is that yes, he is indeed a fruit-loop, and like certain Ulstermen of my acquaintance, he has a bad habit of 'discussing' things by yelling in the other person's face and absolutely refusing to see any poiint of view but his own.

Just as players play under pressure, a referee officiates under pressure. Both players and referees make mistakes, though not, in my opinion, as many mistakes or as heinous mistakes as spectators, players, and managers will often claim. But the sort of heated, irate confrontations Shiels seems to delight in aren't the way forward.

He may be right - maybe referees don't like him. I don't blame them.

I don't like him either.

lyonhibs
03-11-2012, 10:01 PM
He says he wants to know Terry Butcher's "secret".

I suspect not being a tiresome twat is right up there :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
03-11-2012, 10:04 PM
He says he wants to know Terry Butcher's "secret".

I suspect not being a tiresome twat is right up there :rolleyes:

I'm sure I heard that Shiels has a Psychology Degree so you'd think he'd recognise the symptoms of paranoia - he certainly displays them often enough

Hibs Class
03-11-2012, 10:19 PM
So he moans about not being able to say what he wants to say, then he tries to say what he wants to say by not saying it, and then following a referee allegedly saying something he didnt like, he reports him for speaking his mind! Astonishing. I guess he missed the lesson on irony when he was doing his degree.

machibby
04-11-2012, 12:55 AM

Shiels as ever is economical with the truth - looks to me on the clip on youtube he says something to the ref while also shaking his head at him. Also don't think the penalty he is moaning about was the correct decision by the ref. No doubt Shiels will refuse his humble pie again.

Saorsa
04-11-2012, 01:48 AM
ROASTER :agree:

Hibercelona
04-11-2012, 02:24 AM
I think he's hilarious! :hilarious

He's a fud of the highest order, but i have to give him some credit. He really knows how to rail people in. He seems to get everybody involved in the game, extremely wound up.

It's just words, nobody has to actually listen to his slavering. But I think people listen in anyway, because in a way, it is quite funny to listen to.

MWHIBBIES
04-11-2012, 02:46 AM
His interview after the game was pathetic.

ArmadaleHibs
11-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Five minutes before kick off today on bbc radio Scotland.
Kenny "mouth piece" Shiels was the guest in the studio and when asked about Hibernians change in fortune this season so far he said quote

" I Don't think hibs have improved AT ALL this season. They are no better than last season and are a team who are riding their luck somewhat. Teams like st Johnstone have played them off the park and lost. I see no improvement from last season."

Is he for real. The man is a complete job nockey. He really does have nothing good to say about hibernian.
Bitter twisted boring idiot

Saorsa
11-11-2012, 10:02 PM
****in' boring prick and becoming extremely tiresome.

Pretty Boy
11-11-2012, 10:05 PM
He's a ****ing bore who's trying to be relevant by saying 'controversial' things.

johnbc70
Amazing if he said that - hope someone at Hibs gets a copy and plays it just before kick off next time we face killie. Classless twat.

Mr White
Best ignored, he doesn't believe half of what he says but clearly thinks he's a rival for SAF with the managerial mindgames.

Baldy Foghorn
11-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Loves the sound of his own voice, tries to be controversial..... Welt...

Bostonhibby
11-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Amazing if he said that - hope someone at Hibs gets a copy and plays it just before kick off next time we face killie. Classless twat.

:agree: if they ever need one again he is nailed on for the next Fax machine operator, I thought he was okay a while back but am struggling to find out what the point of his random nonsense actually is.

weedgiehibbie
11-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Seriously?? :confused: :confused:

That tw@t thinks that ending last season in 2nd bottom to currentyl being top (albeit we might not stay there) & pusing for 2nd top spot isint improvement??!!

I was in two minds about going to Rugby Park, not only this season but in the years to come, however i have made up my mind after the aftermath of the penalty incident at Easter Road this season. It is not because of Michael Johnston abstaining in the Rangers vote it is because of you Kenny Sheils that Kilmarnock Football club - a club already suffering financial difficulties - will not be recieving a penny from me :agree:

Jonnyboy
11-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Kenny "mouth piece" Shiels was the guest in the studio and when asked about Hibernians change in fortune this season so far he said quote

" I Don't think hibs have improved AT ALL this season. They are no better than last season and are a team who are riding their luck somewhat. Teams like st Johnstone have played them off the park and lost. I see no improvement from last season."

Is he for real. The man is a complete job nockey. He really does have nothing good to say about hibernian.

And did they just pander to his ramblings or did someone grow a pair and tell him he was talking pish?

clerriehibs
11-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Heard that, and thought tw@t, but (I'm told) he was complimentary about our performance after the game.

HibeeN
:thumbsup:Keep them coming, Kenny. If we've not improved and are sitting top of the league then Killie (and the rest of the SPL) must have drastically dropped their standards from last season. It really is Armageddon! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
I agree with him, in fact there were plenty on here saying the exact same thing when Hughes was in charge.

ArmadaleHibs
11-11-2012, 10:13 PM
And did they just pander to his ramblings or did someone grow a pair and tell him he was talking pish?

To be honest the rest of the studio fell pretty silent on his words as they couldn't believe what they were hearing

NOLA
11-11-2012, 10:14 PM
sounds like he applied for the hibs job at one point and was told to bolt, bitter ever since then IMO

Jonnyboy
11-11-2012, 10:15 PM
To be honest the rest of the studio fell pretty silent on his words as they couldn't believe what they were hearing

I'm not surprised :greengrin

I guess we need to remember that Shiels was heavily (and rightly) criticised on our official website after his truth and honesty outburst following the last time we horsed them :wink:

coco22
11-11-2012, 10:16 PM
didn't hear his whole comment but sure that he said he passed up the opportunity to sign Doyle as well

euansdad
11-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Yip. Relegation battle to top of the league in a few months. No improvement there at all eh

Bostonhibby
11-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Seriously?? :confused: :confused:

That tw@t thinks that ending last season in 2nd bottom to currentyl being top (albeit we might not stay there) & pusing for 2nd top spot isint improvement??!!

I was in two minds about going to Rugby Park, not only this season but in the years to come, however i have made up my mind after the aftermath of the penalty incident at Easter Road this season. It is not because of Michael Johnston abstaining in the Rangers vote it is because of you Kenny Sheils that Kilmarnock Football club - a club already suffering financial difficulties - will not be recieving a penny from me :agree:

:agree: I try and do a few away trips and Killie was always one but unless something exceptional happens they won't be getting my money either.Have replaced them with St.Mirren, much better class of supporter:greengrin

Shrekko
11-11-2012, 10:18 PM
To say Kenny Shiels has some sort of vendetta against Hibs is utter nonsense.

He's said on umpteen occasions what a great club we are and he'll never forget how we looked after Deano.

Some of the paranoia you read on here's embarrassing.

Jim44
11-11-2012, 10:19 PM
He has got some sort of qualification in psychology apparently but a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous. He clearly has a hatred of Hibs ( maybe it's something to do with his son's relationship with us) and his campaign of mindgames with us is monotonous, disrespectful and unprofessional.

Kato

Who said that?

Jonnyboy

He's said on umpteen occasions what a great club we are and he'll never forget how we looked after Deano.

Some of the paranoia you read on here's embarrassing.

Agree some reactions are OTT Shrekko but what's your view on what he said before today's game?

clerriehibs
11-11-2012, 10:22 PM
He has got some sort of qualification in psychology apparently but a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous. He clearly has a hatred of Hibs ( maybe it's something to do with his son's relationship with us) and his campaign of mindgames with us is monotonous, disrespectful and unprofessional.

Deano has a good relationship with us ... why on earth would that result in his father hating us (if indeed he does, which I doubt, I think he's simply a gobsh*te)?

vanNISHtelroy
11-11-2012, 10:22 PM
He clearly has a hatred of Hibs ( maybe it's something to do with his son's relationship with us) and his campaign of mindgames with us is monotonous, disrespectful and unprofessional.

Didn't listen to your game on the radio (seen first half hour and last 15 mins on the tele), so don't know if Kenny said these things/how he said them...but in the past he has generally spoken well of Hibs and how Dean was treated when he was there etc, so don't thing there is any hatred there!

Bostonhibby
11-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Didn't listen to your game on the radio (seen first half hour and last 15 mins on the tele), so don't know if Kenny said these things/how he said them...but in the past he has generally spoken well of Hibs and how Dean was treated when he was there etc, so don't thing there is any hatred there!

So he's just an erse then, thanks for clearing that up :wink:

coco22
11-11-2012, 10:24 PM

Dont think it's just us, the guy manages to talk sheight about most clubs regularly. Terry butcher offended at his offensive comments re ICT yesterday, for example. He's a prick but at the stage of comical...shake the head and ignore when he 'talks'

NORTHERNHIBBY
Difficulty with Shiels is that there is no distinction between the facts and what he is saying to draw attention to himself.

euansdad
Don't think anyone was saying he has a vendetta, just that assessment above was bonkers

Shrekko
11-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Agree some reactions are OTT Shrekko but what's your view on what he said before today's game?
I'll be honest- I'd need to hear it with my own ears first.

How often has somebody said something that's been misinterpreted or slightly twisted on here?

Sir David Gray
11-11-2012, 10:29 PM
If that statement is correct then he should seek professional help.

Seriously, if he's come out with that nonsense then he's clearly flipped and probably shouldn't be allowed out unsupervised.

vanNISHtelroy
11-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Dont think it's just us, the guy manages to talk sheight about most clubs regularly. Terry butcher offended at his offensive comments re ICT yesterday, for example. He's a prick but at the stage of comical...shake the head and ignore when he 'talks'

What did he say about ICT yesterday?

Jim44
11-11-2012, 10:31 PM
His contention that Hibs are no better than last season is nonsense. By his argument, the reason we spent last season as relegation fodder was simply because we didn't have much luck. I think the fact that we were useless had something to do with it. We're far from the finished item but we're head and shoulders as a team above last season's team. Was it Gary Player who said 'The more I practise the luckier I get'?

Jonnyboy
11-11-2012, 10:32 PM

How often has somebody said something that's been misinterpreted or slightly twisted on here?

Fair comment :thumbsup:

hfc rd
11-11-2012, 10:42 PM
He's simply a knob. I hope we give them a roasting the next time we play them.

machibby
11-11-2012, 10:42 PM
If you stand on your heid, you can almost get where Shiels is coming from!!

coco22
11-11-2012, 10:52 PM
What did he say about ICT yesterday?

He was commenting on the simulation of the ICT players and how it was disappointing the way that they managed to fool the match officials - butcher was interviewed just after and said he was dismayed and offended

stoneyburn hibs
11-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Blah Blah , keep spoutin yer p1sh Shiels , Hibees top of the league

Crazyhorse
11-11-2012, 11:05 PM

He seems like a total oddball. At half time he was eulogising about how good hibs were... fantastic football etc etc.

Jones28
11-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Sheils is a mouthpiece who doesn't know when to shut his gob.

matty_f
12-11-2012, 01:21 AM
Shiels would do better to crack his face and teach his erse to talk.

Hibercelona
12-11-2012, 01:30 AM
We perhaps have rode our luck at times, but we've certainly improved as well.

The main difference between now and last season is players up front who take their chances and a defence that don't make quite as many mistakes at the back.

2 major changes that can easily be the difference between top 6 and bottom 6 at SPL level.

CallumHibs07
12-11-2012, 01:56 AM
reading a dundee utd forum and one posted that shiels said this:

"The goal being disallowed was a cruel blow. They [United] will feel hard done by. But Hibs are top of the league and it's not luck that gets you there. Hibs won the match so fair play to them."

So which is true? :dunno:

Niffy
12-11-2012, 07:12 AM
reading a dundee utd forum and one posted that shiels said this:

So which is true? :dunno:

I read that one on the BBC web updates

hibsbollah
12-11-2012, 08:08 AM
He described us as 'superb' at fulltime and gave us particular credit for being able.to play different ways (ie getting a good cushion scoring great goals and then taking off the strikers and shutting up shop).

marinello59
12-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Shiels would do better to crack his face and teach his erse to talk.

I thought he already had.

Hibernia Na Eir
12-11-2012, 08:50 AM
he was co-commentator on BBC radio all weekend. he sounded creepy! I wondered who the hell it was.

WindyMiller
12-11-2012, 09:07 AM
he was co-commentator on BBC radio all weekend. he sounded creepy! I wondered who the hell it was.

Jim Goodwin was co-commentator on Saturday.

Told us all about how Spoony dived to get him sent off.

:rolleyes:

Lucius Apuleius
12-11-2012, 09:59 AM
I got into the car at the airport with about twelve minutes left. Between then and the end he called us hertz four times. Says it all in my opinion. Either deliberate or he is a moron.

marinello59
12-11-2012, 10:12 AM
I got into the car at the airport with about twelve minutes left. Between then and the end he called us hertz four times. Says it all in my opinion. Either deliberate or he is a moron.

Or both. :greengrin

marinello59
12-11-2012, 10:14 AM

So basically you are saying you are the only person here capable of listening to things correctly and everybody who disagrees with you is merely twisting your words around?

:greengrin

Shrekko
12-11-2012, 04:43 PM
So basically you are saying you are the only person here capable of listening to things correctly and everybody who disagrees with you is merely twisting your words around?

In a nutshell!

Going by the quotes on the BBC web-site and what I caught of him, I'm now starting to very much doubt Shiels said we hadn't improved at all. It makes no sense for anyone to say it and even although he likes to be controversial I think he knows he'd be ridiculed if he said that. The lack of people coming on to confirm that he said it speaks volumes too.

..and as for those questioning what I said about the perceived vendetta- just read what people are implying on the thread.

jdships
12-11-2012, 04:47 PM
He is fast heading to share the title of
EGO MAN OF 2012

With

ALEX SALMOND

jdships
12-11-2012, 04:54 PM

"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

:confused:

Shrekko
12-11-2012, 04:59 PM
"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

So did you hear what he supposedly said?

Anyone accurately observing will notice that he is quoted in black and white as saying that we're not at the top because of luck but we're also meant to believe he said that we haven't improved!

So again- did YOU hear him say it?

ArmadaleHibs
12-11-2012, 05:03 PM
In a nutshell!

Going by the quotes on the BBC web-site and what I caught of him, I'm now starting to very much doubt Shiels said we hadn't improved at all. It makes no sense for anyone to say it and even although he likes to be controversial I think he knows he'd be ridiculed if he said that. The lack of people coming on to confirm that he said it speaks volumes too.

..and as for those questioning what I said about the perceived vendetta- just read what people are implying on the thread.

Typical of some members on this site to shoot people down for what's said. I can assure you what I put on the original post is near enough word for word what Kenny Shiels said.

My ears are in decent working order

Stevie Reid
12-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Typical of some members on this site to shoot people down for what's said. I can assure you what I put on the original post is near enough word for word what Kenny Shiels said.

Didn't hear it but plenty mates on FB were up in arms about it, many quoted what he said as the same as you. No reason to doubt it.

Shrekko
12-11-2012, 05:09 PM

Being shot down is part of what happens on a forum mate and I only made that comment because I was asked what I thought of it (Shiels saying we hadn't improved).

If that's exactly what he said im surprised more people on here haven't confirmed it and it's in contradiction to what he said at other points in the day.

hibsbollah
12-11-2012, 05:10 PM

:hilarious im hoping to remember that one

Fergus52
12-11-2012, 05:36 PM
I agree with him, in fact there were plenty on here saying the exact same thing when Hughes was in charge.

Am I missing something? Or are you saying you agree that there has been no improvement from last season?

jdships
12-11-2012, 07:37 PM
So did you hear what he supposedly said?

Anyone accurately observing will notice that he is quoted in black and white as saying that we're not at the top because of luck but we're also meant to believe he said that we haven't improved!

So again- did YOU hear him say it?

Oh dear . :rolleyes:
However do you manage to get through your working life based on the premise you only believe anything YOU PERSONALLY hear/ have heard ?
Think about it , the Courts use evidence given to Judges who did not actually hear the accused say it and convict or clear people on that system .
Still , that is your opinion and I accept your right to express it .
Best just left I think !!
:greengrin:wink:

jdships
12-11-2012, 07:46 PM
:hilarious im hoping to remember that one

Here's another good one ( at least I think it is ) which seems to fit !! :greengrin:wink:

“Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”
George Carlin (American Comedian, Actor , Author. )

blackpoolhibs
12-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Am I missing something? Or are you saying you agree that there has been no improvement from last season?

:lips seal :worms:

Shrekko
12-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Oh dear . :rolleyes:
However do you manage to get through your working life based on the premise you only believe anything YOU PERSONALLY hear/ have heard ?
Think about it , the Courts use evidence given to Judges who did not actually hear the accused say it and convict or clear people on that system .
Still , that is your opinion and I accept your right to express it .
Best just left I think !!
:greengrin:wink:

Ok, so you never heard, I never heard it but it's me that can't observe accurately.

The man is quoted on the BBC web-site saying that Hibs are not top of the league by luck. You need to explain to me how that ties in with him saying we haven't improved and are riding our luck.

Largshibby
12-11-2012, 10:53 PM
He's trying to be controversial so that we will get annoyed and sell out the away stand at Rugby Park next month to slag him off. They need to make up for the loss of income with their best pals at Sevco no longer around. Best response is to boycott RP and spend your money on Hibs.

Keith_M
13-11-2012, 01:46 PM

I'm confused. People on here were saying what? That Hibs under Hughes weren't better than the season before or that they rode their luck?

AlbertK86
16-11-2012, 10:13 PM
goes to..................yep you guessed

Kenny Sheils

The man must have to much acid in earlier years !!!

In rave mode again tonight. Accusing Utd players of rolling about looking for penalties but doesn't want to say too much

and best of all

Killie must have the best away support outside the old firm

Rave on ya muppet

Saorsa
16-11-2012, 10:14 PM
what a ****in' erse

Jonnyboy
16-11-2012, 10:15 PM
goes to..................yep you guessed

Kenny Sheils

The man must have to much acid in earlier years !!!

In rave mode again tonight. Accusing Utd players of rolling about looking for penalties but doesn't want to say too much

and best of all

Killie must have the best away support outside the old firm

Rave on ya muppet

You forgot to add how he told the world that Willo Flood is a liar!

AlbertK86
16-11-2012, 10:22 PM
You forgot to add how he told the world that Willo Flood is a liar!

Aye .. sorry... could have gone into a complete rave aboot the raver

the man is making a complete shop front of himself and getting worse as the weeks go by

theonlywayisup
28-11-2012, 06:59 PM
About time...........Heard him on the way home on Saturday and I really would wish the BBC would stop speaking to him. He is sooooooooo boring!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20530742

Kilmarnock manager Kenny Shiels has been served with two separate notices of complaint from the Scottish FA.
The Rugby Park boss must answer for critical remarks made about referee Euan Norris after his side's defeat to Inverness on 3 November.
And he faces further scrutiny following his dismissal on Saturday.
Shiels reacted angrily to Manuel Pascali's early sending off and later called for fourth officials to be "strong characters".
The Northern Irishman has until 5 December to respond to the notices of complaint, with a hearing set for 13 December.
Shiels was sent to the stand for protesting against the red card shown to his captain during the weekend loss to St Johnstone.
And he faces possible punishment for a breach of the SFA's disciplinary Rule 203 (misconduct at a match by dissent, adopting an aggressive attitude and by the use of offensive, insulting or abusive language.)
Earlier this month, Shiels said he was going to report Norris for comments the referee had made at full-time.
"I work in an industry where it's mandatory that I give interviews but I'm not allowed to tell the truth," Shiels told BBC Scotland.
"It wouldn't happen in any other industry in the world and that rankles me.
"[SFA compliance officer] Vincent Lunny will not allow me to give an opinion. You ask him why. I want answers to that."
On that matter SFA rules 68 and 71 will be used to judge Shiels's conduct. Those regulations cover comments made in media interviews and newspaper articles, which "impinge upon the character of a match official".
No report on Norris was ever submitted by the Ayrshire club.

jonty
06-12-2012, 03:53 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20630271

I think 'technically', Kenny, you'll be chancing your arm and risking another ban.

Golden Bear
06-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Aye they are really out to get you Kenny. Someone in the SFA told me so.

J-C
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20630271

I think 'technically', Kenny, you'll be chancing your arm and risking another ban.

The man is a complete tool.

Diclonius
"So, he has completed 90 minutes against St Johnstone and he missed last Saturday, so he will definitely be in the squad - if not starting.
"I think technically I'm right so I'll play him and then see where that takes us."

Down the league with a three point deduction?

Boyle89
06-12-2012, 04:05 PM
I'd be mortified if he was our manager.

Saorsa
Attention seeking disorder or a screw lose?

Hope plays him and they get docked the 3 points and another 3 for good measure.

Phil D. Rolls
You've got to love Kenny - he is the Roy Walker of Scottish Football.

Gingertosser
06-12-2012, 04:08 PM
If he goes ahead with this I'd assume the ref would send the player off as soon as the game kicks off.

or

They hammer the player with a 12 game ban, and award 3 points to Celtic and a 3-0 win, if it's greater than the final score.

in general, it's very stupid, but he is a roaster, so it wouldn't surprise me :rolleyes:

MWHIBBIES
06-12-2012, 04:19 PM
I really hope he plays him just to see what happens.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Well the peace that broke out between managers and ref after Levein got carpeted lasted then...

Isn't it about time that everyone grew up?

Refs took on board constructive criticism, explained decisions to players/managers so players and managers then meet the refs halfway?

i know rugby is not whiter than white but can players/refs not learn a thing or two from their counterparts?

Hibs Class
06-12-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm starting to get concerned that we are watching Shiels having a complete breakdown being played out in public.

Either that or he's an utter c0ck.

hibees 7062
06-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Attention seeking disorder or a screw lose?

Hope plays him and they get docked the 3 points and another 3 for good measure.

And another 3 just for being a tool

AlbertK86
06-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Clearly playing with the media

But none the less he needs a shot of Ballotelli's

Why always me t-shirt

He is a complete b3ll end

Jim44
06-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Four Irish managers in the SPL and three of them are plonkers.

Hibercelona
06-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Do Shiels and Adams have some kind of bet with one another to see who can be the biggest cock in the game?

Hibercelona
06-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Four Irish managers in the SPL and three of them are plonkers.

Thankfully the one good manager is so good that he balances it out against the other 3 roasters.

hfc rd
06-12-2012, 04:44 PM
The guy is just going to get his club into even more trouble if he goes ahead with this. A hefty fine plus a points deduction look to be on the cards. A complete stupid idiot.

Pretty Boy
06-12-2012, 04:45 PM
What a fandan.

Oh he missed 90 minutes of a game he was sent off on because there was 3 minutes injury time so we can count that towards the ban.

Aye good one Kenny.

Mr White
06-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Four Irish managers in the SPL and three of them are angry nordies.
Fixed that for you.

Twa Cairpets
06-12-2012, 04:58 PM
This man is a galloping fudknocker of the highest order, and should be made to wear a silly hat, put in stocks and pointed at as a warning to children of the dangers of sniffing too much glue .

Ross4356
06-12-2012, 05:19 PM
total bell end

HibeeMG
06-12-2012, 05:28 PM
I double dare him to do this! :crazy:

matty_f
06-12-2012, 05:32 PM
He should just change his name to 'look at me!! Look at me!!!' and be done with it.

3pm
06-12-2012, 05:37 PM
There's no chance he'll be playing. We all know that.

He's says some good things but it gets forgotten about in amongst all the nonsense.

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Haha he really is a total wally...........

Hibercelona
06-12-2012, 05:53 PM
There's no chance he'll be playing. We all know that.

He's says some good things but it gets forgotten about in amongst all the nonsense.

I always seem to miss these "good things" that Kenny Shiels apparently comes out with. :confused:

He always seems to come across as a right roaster in any interview i've seen or heard him in.

Hibernia Na Eir
06-12-2012, 06:06 PM
he's a softly spoken Dick.

keep the faith
06-12-2012, 06:17 PM
And who is the other lot who think the spl is out to get them? Oh, his laddies team!!

VickMackie
Do they league rules state that the player will be banned for 2 games after the game they played in was complete or does it state following the red card there will be a penalty of 90 minutes x 2?

He could technically be right but he's still a ****er. I hope he plays him though!

Lennon had a reduced ban on a technicality because the rules didn't say they had to run consecutively.

dchibs
You've got to love Kenny - he is the Roy Walker of Scottish Football.
More like Frank Carson cause THATS A CRACKER.

keep the faith
06-12-2012, 06:19 PM
he's a softly spoken Dick.

Some quality insults on this thread! That might just be my favourite though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-12-2012, 06:38 PM
He will talk his way into the manager's job at Ibrox if he keeps this up.

Seveno
06-12-2012, 06:58 PM
He's just an attention seeking fool. I'd be embarrassed if he was our manager.

All hail Nutsy.

Smiggy 7-0
06-12-2012, 07:06 PM
That'll be 3 points to the TRAMPS then, no matter the score.

Is he a T W A T or just winding us all up, which would still make him a T W A T

If he plays him should also be a 3 point deduction, further ban for player and manager.

brog
06-12-2012, 07:06 PM
I actually quite like Shiels, at least he's not your usual illiterate, subservient wedgie. In this case however he's aff his trolley. Won't happen though, saner counsel at Killie will prevail.

Jones28
06-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Ridiculous...the mans an arse and if he does do this the spl will hammer him and the player

ballengeich
06-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Shiels is a troll. It's best to ignore him. It would do him a favour too, as his record shows that he's a good manager when he concentrates on football.

vanNISHtelroy
06-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Pasca's joined in on twitter

"Manuel Pascali‏@paska29 Im officially in the team for saturday!!!! #buzzin (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23buzzin&src=hash)"

:aok:

DaveF
06-12-2012, 07:37 PM
What a flucking windbag :blah:

The Harp Awakes
06-12-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm starting to get concerned that we are watching Shiels having a complete breakdown being played out in public.

Either that or he's an utter c0ck.

When I heard him the other week ago on the radio talking about how he always told the truth, blah, blah, the thought that the guy was on the verge of a breakdown did go through my head. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.

Phil D. Rolls
06-12-2012, 07:44 PM
More like Frank Carson cause THATS A CRACKER.

Actually, with that deadpan way of delivering comic genius, Buster Keaton comes to mind.

9108 ______9109
Shiels____________Keaton

Sylar
06-12-2012, 07:58 PM

"Manuel Pascali‏@paska29 Im officially in the team for saturday!!!! #buzzin (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23buzzin&src=hash)"

I'm curious as to how you feel about the latest episode in the saga V?

From the outside, the man is embarrassing your club with his antics.

vanNISHtelroy
06-12-2012, 07:58 PM

He knows Kenny is just saying things though!

"Manuel Pascali‏@paska29 Does people think seriously that i will play? Ahahahahahhaha"

vanNISHtelroy
06-12-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm curious as to how you feel about the latest episode in the saga V?

From the outside, the man is embarrassing your club with his antics.

I think we've got used to it. As I said in one of your many threads about Kenny he can say what he wants after what hes managed here.

Interestingly (or not) the red card that the QotS player got for a challenge (possibly) worse than Pasca's against us had his appeal upheld and Pasca didn't!

A Fast Track Tribunal convened today in accordance with the Judicial Panel Protocol to consider the following case:

Player: Stephen McKenna, Queen of the South FC
Match: Kilmarnock v Queen of the South – 1st December 2012
Case: Claim of wrongful dismissal for serious foul play
Outcome: Claim upheld - sanction reduced to a caution for recklessly dangerous play

Golden Bear
08-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Wot ----------- no Pascali?

Now there's a surprise!

Golden Bear
08-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Looks like there could be a fans boycott of today's Killie v Celtic game ----------------------- by both sets of fans!

The attendance will be interesting because the stadium looks empty.

:hmmm:

Golden Bear
08-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Craig Burley thinks that Craig Thomson is one of the "better referees".

Aye fine Craig - whatever you say.

vanNISHtelroy
08-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Looks like there could be a fans boycott of today's Killie v Celtic game ----------------------- by both sets of fans!

The attendance will be interesting because the stadium looks empty.

:hmmm:

About 6400 and odds when I finished at turnstiles.

First time Celtic or Rangers have been given only one stand in ages. They haven't even sold out the Chadwick.

Jim44
08-12-2012, 03:35 PM
While admitting defeat, Shiels still gets his wee controversial digs. "We had to play with players under suspemsion today, but that's a problem Celtic never have." He might have a point but when will he ever give an interview without looking for excuses? He also said that Celtic had time to play as Kilmarnock stand off from opposing players unfortunately. Well why don't you as manager do something about it?:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2012, 04:00 PM
While admitting defeat, Shiels still gets his wee controversial digs. "We had to play with players under suspemsion today, but that's a problem Celtic never have." He might have a point but when will he ever give an interview without looking for excuses? He also said that Celtic had time to play as Kilmarnock stand off from opposing players unfortunately. Well why don't you as manager do something about it?:rolleyes:

The more the weeks go on, the bigger a dick he makes of himself. He's not a character as dick young likes to make out, he's a erse who likes to hear his own voice, and thinks he knows better than everyone else. :rolleyes:

theonlywayisup
14-12-2012, 08:09 PM
He is at it again.:rolleyes: He is getting to be a bore!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20732353

Kilmarnock manager Kenny Shiels is accusing a match official of an "outrageous fabrication" of evidence against him.
Shiels asserts that Andrew Dallas, the fourth official in Killie's league match against St Johnstone, invented a story that led to him being dismissed.
The Kilmarnock boss was sent to the stand after Dallas reported him for misconduct on the touchline.
But a Scottish FA judicial panel chose not to punish Shiels over the incident.
He was found in breach of rule 203 relating to misconduct but the panel ruled no further sanction was necessary.

The Northern Irishman told BBC Scotland that he presented video evidence to back up his case against a charge of "dissent, adopting an aggressive attitude and by the use of offensive, insulting or abusive language".

Shiels insists that he does not want Dallas to be punished but wants him to "do his job properly".
Dallas has been unavailable for comment.
Shiels was ordered out of the dug-out by referee Stevie O'Reilly during the 2-1 home defeat by St Johnstone on 24 November.
This followed an exchange with Dallas after the dismissal of Kilmarnock captain Manuel Pascali early in the match.
"I was totally exonerated, yet I had to sit in the stand for a whole game," was Shiels' view of the panel's decision.
"I brought in evidence to disprove the fourth official, who fabricated stuff to try and incriminate me. I don't like that.
"I'm not going to lie down to these people.
"The fabrication was outrageous - at least four different things that were said about me - but he wasn't aware I had visual evidence on my laptop.
"I think it was to get me into trouble. I'm sure it was to get me into trouble. There is no maybes about it and I would like some answers.

"If I hadn't brought the evidence, I'd have got another four matches"

"He [Dallas] made the decision for the sending off, he made the decision to call the referee over to speak to me.
"He had to substantiate a really good story to back that up. He tried but he wasn't aware I had evidence on camera."

Jonnyboy
14-12-2012, 08:40 PM
He is at it again.:rolleyes: He is getting to be a bore!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20732353

Kilmarnock manager Kenny Shiels is accusing a match official of an "outrageous fabrication" of evidence against him.
Shiels asserts that Andrew Dallas, the fourth official in Killie's league match against St Johnstone, invented a story that led to him being dismissed.
The Kilmarnock boss was sent to the stand after Dallas reported him for misconduct on the touchline.
But a Scottish FA judicial panel chose not to punish Shiels over the incident.
He was found in breach of rule 203 relating to misconduct but the panel ruled no further sanction was necessary.

The Northern Irishman told BBC Scotland that he presented video evidence to back up his case against a charge of "dissent, adopting an aggressive attitude and by the use of offensive, insulting or abusive language".

Shiels insists that he does not want Dallas to be punished but wants him to "do his job properly".
Dallas has been unavailable for comment.
Shiels was ordered out of the dug-out by referee Stevie O'Reilly during the 2-1 home defeat by St Johnstone on 24 November.
This followed an exchange with Dallas after the dismissal of Kilmarnock captain Manuel Pascali early in the match.
"I was totally exonerated, yet I had to sit in the stand for a whole game," was Shiels' view of the panel's decision.
"I brought in evidence to disprove the fourth official, who fabricated stuff to try and incriminate me. I don't like that.
"I'm not going to lie down to these people.
"The fabrication was outrageous - at least four different things that were said about me - but he wasn't aware I had visual evidence on my laptop.
"I think it was to get me into trouble. I'm sure it was to get me into trouble. There is no maybes about it and I would like some answers.

"If I hadn't brought the evidence, I'd have got another four matches"

"He [Dallas] made the decision for the sending off, he made the decision to call the referee over to speak to me.
"He had to substantiate a really good story to back that up. He tried but he wasn't aware I had evidence on camera."

Doesn't want Dallas punished but then slays him on a public forum!

Shiels would be less of a bore if the BBC stopped treating him as 'good entertainment' and started telling him to cut out the pish he spouts

Broken Gnome
14-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Doesn't want Dallas punished but then slays him on a public forum!

Shiels would be less of a bore if the BBC stopped treating him as 'good entertainment' and started telling him to cut out the pish he spouts

He's a master of public flogging and mass outrage disguised as moral do-gooding .

And by master, I mean repetitive, self-righteous and self-important ****.

Jim44
14-12-2012, 09:23 PM
This is more than just mouthing generally. He is making serious accusations against an official, which if true could be the end of Dallas Jnr. or if untrue could have serious implications for himself. Surely all his nonsense is not him trying to work his ticket out of Rugby Park.

Bostonhibby
14-12-2012, 09:46 PM
When I heard him the other week ago on the radio talking about how he always told the truth, blah, blah, the thought that the guy was on the verge of a breakdown did go through my head. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.

The next Fax machine operator - seems to tick all the boxes, you heard it here first :wink:

Jonnyboy
14-12-2012, 10:10 PM
He's a master of public flogging and mass outrage disguised as moral do-gooding .

And by master, I mean repetitive, self-righteous and self-important ****.

He's also a master bater :greengrin

ballengeich
14-12-2012, 11:02 PM
This is more than just mouthing generally. He is making serious accusations against an official, which if true could be the end of Dallas Jnr. or if untrue could have serious implications for himself. Surely all his nonsense is not him trying to work his ticket out of Rugby Park.

You're correct about the importance of this. Shiels has alleged that a premier league referee lied with the intention of getting him into trouble. The SFA have to investigate what happened. It's reminiscent of the Dougie MacDonald affair. I don't see how both Dallas and Shiels can be involved in the SPL by the end of the season.

number9dream
15-12-2012, 12:26 AM
You're correct about the importance of this. Shiels has alleged that a premier league referee lied with the intention of getting him into trouble. The SFA have to investigate what happened. It's reminiscent of the Dougie MacDonald affair. I don't see how both Dallas and Shiels can be involved in the SPL by the end of the season.

The fact Shiels didn't get any punishment for this one (it's hard to keep up with all of the charges against him) suggests he might have a case.
He uses the word exonerated, while SFA say he did breach the rule but no sanction was imposed.
He seems quite smug about his video evidence, so maybe Dallas jnr was at it.
Calling a match official a liar is serious business...

marinello59
15-12-2012, 06:14 AM
Kenny Shiels does say too much at times and he perhaps does have an inflated view of his own importance. But I'd rather have guys like him willing to speak out than the boring old platitudes we normally get from managers and players. Far to often we get so called in depth interviews which merely consist of a manager stating the bleeding obvious or adhering to some party line. The SPL needs characters like him to stir the pot a bit otherwise the boredom would become terminal.

Hibercelona
15-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Kenny Shiels does say too much at times and he perhaps does have an inflated view of his own importance. But I'd rather have guys like him willing to speak out than the boring old platitudes we normally get from managers and players. Far to often we get so called in depth interviews which merely consist of a manager stating the bleeding obvious or adhering to some party line. The SPL needs characters like him to stir the pot a bit otherwise the boredom would become terminal.

Theres "speaking out" and theres "spouting pish"

Guess what Kenny Shiels does?

He'll be a perfect match for the next hun managerial role with his "everyone is against me, but I don't care" attitude.

marinello59
15-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Theres "speaking out" and theres "spouting pish"

Guess what Kenny Shiels does?

He'll be a perfect match for the next hun managerial role with his "everyone is against me, but I don't care" attitude.

I dont agree with much he comes out with but I am glad he says it. How often are press statements from our club denounced on here as repeating the same old cliches? He must be doing something right, he is getting his club talked about much more than they normally would be.

Mr White
15-12-2012, 01:45 PM
I dont agree with much he comes out with but I am glad he says it. How often are press statements from our club denounced on here as repeating the same old cliches? He must be doing something right, he is getting his club talked about much more than they normally would be.

It'll be interesting to see if that leads to harsher or more lenient treatment from referees between now and the end of the season. I think that's his aim, to kick up so much fuss that refs think twice about giving marginal decisions against killie. Don't think its going to work out for him though.

Phil D. Rolls
15-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Good grief the Killie manager's a bear!
No he's not he's a wearing a track a suit!

s.a.m
15-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Good grief the Killie manager's a bear!
No he's not he's a wearing a track a suit!

na na na na na na naaaaaaaaaaaah boom tish

(I had this on a Muppets tape (which one of my children ate), which no longer seems to ba available - one of my favourite records of all time!)

Hibercelona
15-12-2012, 02:57 PM

Sorry, but he isn't doing something right at all.

It's true that he's drawing more attention towards Kilmarnock, but none of it is good attention.

The mans a complete buffoon and not a "breath of fresh air" that some people are trying to make him out to be.

Phil D. Rolls
15-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Sorry, but he isn't doing something right at all.

It's true that he's drawing more attention towards Kilmarnock, but none of it is good attention.

The mans a complete buffoon and not a "breath of fresh air" that some people are trying to make him out to be.

/If you say so.

Hibs Class
15-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Every day I become more convinced that Shiels is suffering from a messiah complex, Either that or it's a brilliant season-long wind-up which he is doing superbly to sustain.

brog
23-12-2012, 07:18 PM
You won your team a point today! By your unjustified & lengthy rant against a non existent Paul Cairney dive at ER, the ref decided not to give us a pen today & to book PC, with a suspension as an added bonus! Would be nice to see the ref hold his hands up & apologise for his error but I think Yams will be history before that happens!

Gatecrasher
23-12-2012, 07:21 PM
I bet he wont be complaining about the ref this week, Stonewall pen IMO.

Baldy Foghorn
23-12-2012, 07:21 PM
You won your team a point today! By your unjustified & lengthy rant against a non existent Paul Cairney dive at ER, the ref decided not to give us a pen today & to book PC, with a suspension as an added bonus! Would be nice to see the ref hold his hands up & apologise for his error but I think Yams will be history before that happens!

It was never a dive, wonder if KS will mention it in any post match interview (probably not)

Hibeesmad
23-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Anybody know what game cairney will miss?

vanNISHtelroy
23-12-2012, 07:27 PM
It was never a dive, wonder if KS will mention it in any post match interview (probably not)

Think Jimmy Nic did the post match interviews last week and this while Kenny is banned to the stand.

SkintHibby
23-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Anybody know what game cairney will miss?

Dundee

JimBHibees
23-12-2012, 07:42 PM
It is absolutely ludicrous in this country that bookings are not able to be appealed. If obvious mistake as in this case and which causes a suspension they should be overturned.

lord bunberry
23-12-2012, 07:43 PM
He might have a moan about the penalty they should have had

hibees 7062
23-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Think Jimmy Nic did the post match interviews last week and this while Kenny is banned to the stand.

What a difference , gave us compliments as well :agree:

sbell1875
23-12-2012, 08:49 PM
From my position it looked a penalty. In fact, probably more of a penalty than the one earlier in the season and that was a stonewaller!

All in all though, I thought other than the first 10 mins we were by far the better team and it was a very good team performance. I just wish Cairney had taken that golden chance he had!