PDA

View Full Version : generic "Kenny Shiels is a muppet" thread (merged)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

LeithBoozy
11-06-2013, 01:10 PM
It seems strange to me, every time somebody slates the old-firm. In Kenny's case PARONOID FC LOL, they don't last long. :wink:

Saorsa
11-06-2013, 01:10 PM
I like kenny shiels, speaks sense most of the time, not afraid to say what he see's :) hope he stays on in scotlandAye, like the time he saw Cairney diving for that stonewall penalty and even with all the evidence put in front of him clearly pointing tae it being so he still wouldnae admit he was wrong and insisted Cairney was a diver. I have nae problem with folk who stand up tae the GFA but he is a absolute roaster.

bingo70
11-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Think the guys an erse.

Imo he didn't say it as he saw it, he said things to be controversial and to keep people talking about him sowhen it inevatibely went tits up with killie he'd ll have a higher profile

blackpoolhibs
11-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Think the guys an erse.

Imo he didn't say it as he saw it, he said things to be controversial and to keep people talking about him sowhen it inevatibely went tits up with killie he'd ll have a higher profile

I agree 100%, some of what he's said last season was complete and utter bollox. It was as if he was trying to think up a more daft thing to say each week.

While i admired his way of playing, if he'd just left me to make my mind up about him through his football then i'd not be agreeing with you.

I have a nagging feeling he's sevco bound, and this has all been about getting him in the door there in some capacity.

Teapot
11-06-2013, 01:44 PM
General feeling seems to be one of anger

Is there any word on who is likely to get the job?

Hopefully you guys get another manger who likes to play football. Killie have been good value for money the last few years.

vanNISHtelroy
11-06-2013, 01:57 PM
KENNY SHIELS HEARTBROKEN -- DAILY RECORD ONLINE

"I'm heartbroken but that is football. It's hard to take but I will just have to get on with it and try and get another job somewhere.

"I think I've left Kilmarnock in really good shape. We have got stability and I've built the foundations.

"But I feel that I've been the victim of falling in love with the football club.

"I tried to over protect the club and that was my biggest weakness. I just want to apologise to the supporters for that.

"I treated the club like my family and I love my family. I loved the football club too. I didn't set out to harm the club but as I tried to protect it from what I felt where injustices, I became a victim of that."

But the former Northern Ireland Under-17 coach insisted he had "no regrets".

He added: "The chairman was good enough to give me the opportunity to manage the oldest club in Scotland and it was an honour to manage a fantastic club.

"It's been something I will treasure the rest of my life. I feel in love with it too much and that was my weakness.

"I want to thank Michael for the opportunity to manage the club because without that opportunity I wouldn't have had some great experiences."

Kilmarnock have yet to comment on the future of Shiels' assistant Jimmy Nicholl but the former boss is in no doubt about who should be his successor.

He said: "I would recommend Jimmy to manage the club and Garry Hay to be his assistant."

:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth

hibs4thecup1988
11-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Aye, like the time he saw Cairney diving for that stonewall penalty and even with all the evidence put in front of him clearly pointing tae it being so he still wouldnae admit he was wrong and insisted Cairney was a diver. I have nae problem with folk who stand up tae the GFA but he is a absolute roaster.

He did dive

givescotlandfreedom
11-06-2013, 02:29 PM
I thought he did a decent job with Killie despite financial constraints and won them the only cup trophy any of us have ever seen. He was a wind up merchant but his job wasn't to be liked by us. I'm shocked if the outbursts against the SFA had any bearing on it if most folk on here were Hibs manager we'd never be out of trouble and some of the stuff he said was right. If we look at the Cairney nonsense it probably helped them decisions too. For all his moaning he liked Hibs too.
Expecting to be slaughtered but I don't mind him and it's one less character out the game hopefully not be replaced by some media darling bore like Williamson, Jumbo Jim or Calderwood.
I still gave him pesters at ER mind!

lEXO
11-06-2013, 02:44 PM
He did dive
No he didn't.................

Saorsa
11-06-2013, 02:45 PM
He did diveBollocks

LeighLoyal
11-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Pretty harsh. He shot from the hip, but surely did pretty well for them. feel a bit sorry for the guy.

leither17
11-06-2013, 04:08 PM
He did dive

there is a photo somewhere showing clear contact

Baldy Foghorn
11-06-2013, 04:11 PM
He did dive

Definite contact, he was tripped......

allezsauzee
11-06-2013, 04:22 PM
I dare say I'm in the minority on here but i have a great deal of respect for Kenny Shiels. I think he did a good job in his time at Killie. He spoke his mind and fair enough spouted a load of pi$h at times, but I think he comes over as a very genuine and decent man. Says everything about their board that they have blamed it on the touchline bans that he has received so when it inevitably goes pear shaped for them in the next few years, they won't be blamed for making an error of judgement (so they think).

PISTOL1875
11-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Nothing wrong in the slightest with Kenny Shiels. manager who speaks his mind and makes a noise when his team gets a raw deal.. Hypocritical fans in this country make a lot of noise about bad officials are , then a manager speaks out against them and he is lambasted by the computer hardmen...

lEXO
11-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Nothing wrong in the slightest with Kenny Shiels. manager who speaks his mind and makes a noise when his team gets a raw deal.. Hypocritical fans in this country make a lot of noise about bad officials are , then a manager speaks out against them and he is lambasted by the computer hardmen...Aye. Not always agreed with some of what he said, but a fair bit was sensible and honest. I also noticed that the SFA charged killie with not making sure he followed protocol. Have they done this with Celtic with Lennon or any other manager?

Hibrandenburg
11-06-2013, 05:50 PM

Doesn't mean he didn't take a dive.

lEXO
11-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Doesn't mean he didn't take a dive.
The tv replays show he was caught. Also given the amount of retrospective bans handed out this year I,m sure that he would have got one had they thought he had.

vanNISHtelroy
11-06-2013, 07:25 PM
According to STV there was around 150 protesters at Rugby Park tonight....video on youtube of folk shouting abuse at MJ too

Big Sexy Dave
11-06-2013, 08:05 PM
According to STV there was around 150 protesters at Rugby Park tonight....video on youtube of folk shouting abuse at MJ too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEB2ojhj4RE

blackpoolhibs
11-06-2013, 08:06 PM
150 protestors, get them to go on a Saturday and the home crowd doubles.

vanNISHtelroy
11-06-2013, 08:12 PM
150 protestors, get them to go on a Saturday and the home crowd doubles.

:rolleyes:

kentao
11-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Well Done to the killie fans. They have shown more fight and desire about losing a manager than our pink chums have for their clubs future.

Its a shame to see Shiels go, he was a character that our game needs to questions the SFA, Referees and media. The man says what a lot of supporters think and isn't scared to have a view and opinion on controversial matters and say things how it is.

All the best Kenny and thanks for the kind words about our club and supporters.

OsloHibs
11-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Kenny said aloud (sometimes) what we all thought, he certainly had no fear and I applaud him for that. The Johnny Rotten of football! :wink:

GlenrothesHibee
11-06-2013, 09:53 PM
All the best to Kenny. Decent guy who always got behind his players 100% whether they were in the right or not. Very good manager. I think Killie will regret this decision very soon. Another good club being ruined by people who know nothing about football.

Saorsa
11-06-2013, 10:21 PM

Definite contact, he was tripped......

The tv replays show he was caught. Also given the amount of retrospective bans handed out this year I,m sure that he would have got one had they thought he had.

http://i41.tinypic.com/otj993.jpg

Defender absolutely naewhere near the ball, clear trip, stonewaller IMO

silverhibee
11-06-2013, 10:41 PM
It was a penalty.

Liked Kenny Shiels and hope he gets a job soon, hopefully in the SPL as Scottish football need guys like him.

Swedish hibee
12-06-2013, 01:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEB2ojhj4RE

Well done Killie fans :aok: Anarchy always welcome in life.

hibs4thecup1988
12-06-2013, 08:44 AM

Sorry didn't mean to cause arguments :greengrin:
I personally thought he went down far too easily and was lucky to get the pen.

Personal opinion though

Big Sexy Dave
12-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Well Done to the killie fans. They have shown more fight and desire about losing a manager than our pink chums have for their clubs future.

Its a shame to see Shiels go, he was a character that our game needs to questions the SFA, Referees and media. The man says what a lot of supporters think and isn't scared to have a view and opinion on controversial matters and say things how it is.

Did Hertz not collect 50 grand? why's no one bought Killie if they hate their chairman so much?

Prof. Shaggy
12-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Did Hertz not collect 50 grand? why's no one bought Killie if they hate their chairman so much?

Nothing today, then?

Maybe tomorrow...:wink:

vanNISHtelroy
13-06-2013, 08:11 AM
There's talk (there's always been talk) that local business woman and lifelong fan wants to buy the club and is interested in community ownership buying the club but dunno if it'll happen.

For all his crap about bring willing to sell etc. MJ asked for a five year plan before he even named his price for his shares (believed to be couple of hundred thousand) which he got for a pound from his golfing buddy Jamie Moffat.

The bank want anyone coming in to be able to guarantee the £9m debts too which makes a fans group takeover a tad unlikely.

At the minute only thing we can to is try and force him to sell/force the bank to force him to sell. Being done through protests, people not renewing season tickets, cancelling club lotto lines, some folk have cancelled nights/functions booked in hotel and general Not A Penny More into the club until he is done.

bingo70
13-06-2013, 08:17 AM
There's talk (there's always been talk) that local business woman and lifelong fan wants to buy the club and is interested in community ownership buying the club but dunno if it'll happen.

For all his crap about bring willing to sell etc. MJ asked for a five year plan before he even named his price for his shares (believed to be couple of hundred thousand) which he got for a pound from his golfing buddy Jamie Moffat.

The bank want anyone coming in to be able to guarantee the £9m debts too which makes a fans group takeover a tad unlikely.

At the minute only thing we can to is try and force him to sell/force the bank to force him to sell. Being done through protests, people not renewing season tickets, cancelling club lotto lines, some folk have cancelled nights/functions booked in hotel and general Not A Penny More into the club until he is done.

Dangerous game you're playing in the current climate, surely you all support Kilmarnock fc and not Kenny Shiels.

Maybe worth remembering it wasn't so long ago Killie fans were saying Shiels didn't have a clue and wanted rid of him, you were wrong then, who's to say you're not wrong now? You might get someone better than Shiels.

vanNISHtelroy
13-06-2013, 08:17 AM

ETA: although he was unpopular with large sections if the support until Kenny was sacked it was maybe only 50-60% of fans wanted rid of him that's now maybe 90% (unbelievably [to me anyway]some people still back him).

And Kenny was only officially sacked on Tuesday so raising the money by now might have been a push with no official fans things organised yet.

Things may be clearer after the fans association AGM on Saturday!

vanNISHtelroy
13-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Dangerous game you're playing in the current climate, surely you all support Kilmarnock fc and not Kenny Shiels.

Maybe worth remembering it wasn't so long ago Killie fans were saying Shiels didn't have a clue and wanted rid of him, you were wrong then, who's to say you're not wrong now? You might get someone better than Shiels.

Some Killie fans wanted rid of Shiels. Think there were quite a few who were frustrated with him but could see what he was trying to do and would still back him (fell in that group myself).

We could get someone decent. To be fair to MJ he appointed Jimmy Calderwood who kept us up, Mixu who I thought would be a terrible appointment and Kenny.

bingo70
13-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Some Killie fans wanted rid of Shiels. Think there were quite a few who were frustrated with him but could see what he was trying to do and would still back him (fell in that group myself).

We could get someone decent. To be fair to MJ he appointed Jimmy Calderwood who kept us up, Mixu who I thought would be a terrible appointment and Kenny.

There was a thread dredged up recently from 2011 and pretty sure you were on it saying that Shiels didn't have a clue and wanted him sacked, suppose what i'm saying is that fans get it wrong sometimes (probably most of the time to be honest) so for fans to start boycotting the club and putting your future in doubt is bonkers IMO.

As for this fan ownership thing, i just dinnae get it, clubs can't get enough punters to pay £35-£40 p/month for a season ticket where there's a tangable benefit but they think they can get enough fans to donate for no obvious benefit? What happens if fans pull out when they realise they can't afford it but the budgets been set, do the other fans have to increase their pledge?

vanNISHtelroy
13-06-2013, 08:32 AM
There was a thread dredged up recently from 2011 and pretty sure you were on it saying that Shiels didn't have a clue and wanted him sacked....

Don't remember that to be honest but I have been guilty of typing things on here and other forums in frustration about the club I love (which I'm sure we all have to some degree)

--------
13-06-2013, 09:19 AM

Absolutely totally obvious it was a penalty - no question at all.

IIRC the goalkeeper confronted Cairney with his fists raised, about which nothing was done; and Shiels came out with the line that even although he had been 50 yards away with an obstructed view but it was clear to him that Paul C dived.

He has a background in psychology which suggests to me that a lot of his rantings were attempts to play mind games with the referees and the opposition.

When he was raving about someone else he could be slightly amusing - a bit like a guy I used to know who'd get drunk and wander out into the street bellowing that the Martians were coming and everybody get indoors. Once was funny; more than once was a complete pain in the butt.

Part/Time Supporter
14-06-2013, 01:11 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22904404

bigwheel
14-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Isn't it remarkable that the Killie fans are protesting more about losing their manager than the yams are about losing their club ???

It's nice to see at least one set of supporters care ...

14-06-2013, 01:23 PM

Exactly what I thought after watching that video!

vanNISHtelroy
14-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Henning Berg and Allan Johnston have been interviewed for the vacant manager's job at Kilmarnock.

STV understands the pair spoke to club officials on Friday as the SPL side seek a replacement for Kenny Shiels, who left earlier this week by mutual agreement.
Berg has been out of work since leaving Blackburn Rovers on December 27, having spent just 57 days in charge.
The Norwegian ended his playing career in Scotland with Rangers, having won the English Premier League with both Blackburn Rovers and Manchester United.
Berg, 43, also has managerial experience with Norwegian clubs Lyn and Lillestrom.
Johnston is currently in charge at Queen of the South and was named as the country's manager of the year after guiding the side to success in both the Second Division and Challenge Cup.
A former Kilmarnock player, the 39-year-old has only been in charge at Palmerston Park for one season in what is his first managerial role.
STV understands interviews with other candidates will take place next week with the club aiming to appoint a new boss as quickly as possible.
(STV)

Not surprised to see Johnston linked although we would have to pay compensation....amazed to see Berg linked but suppose he worked under crazy owners at Blackburn!

vanNISHtelroy
15-06-2013, 10:50 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/constant-abuse-need-police-protection-1954070

Poor MJ maybe we should organise a collection to help him.

The Daily ****** should (but won't) be embarrassed by that one sided article. Oh wait MJ didn't want to relegate Rangers, and said this week he thought the wrong decision was made...maybe that gained their support.

Part/Time Supporter
15-06-2013, 10:56 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/constant-abuse-need-police-protection-1954070

Poor MJ maybe we should organise a collection to help him.

The Daily ****** should (but won't) be embarrassed by that one sided article. Oh wait MJ didn't want to relegate Rangers, and said this week he thought the wrong decision was made...maybe that gained their support.

Keevins (yes, I know he's a ****tard) seems to be suggesting that because Jambos haven't protested much against Romanov et al, Killie fans shouldn't protest against Johnston?

Truly bizarre.

God Petrie
15-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Always liked Shiels after his comments about our away support for the quarter final. Seems most of his daft remarks are just mind games.

Congratulations to the Kilmarnock fans on caring about their club and acting like real supporters unlike those bunch of pathetic twats from gorgie.

Onceinawhile
15-06-2013, 12:54 PM
I know were a wee bit away from it now, but the dive allegation against cairney worked and we were denied a stonewaller at rugby park the next time because of it. Can't remember if cairney got booked, but we definitely didn't get the penalty.