PDA

View Full Version : McPake = Potential Legend

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Love his latest status update on Facebook.

"The Hibees get an excellent point at Celtic Park and the Yams get beaten by Dundee! Great weekend. Enjoy watching Sportscene tonight Hibees..."

:not worth

LeighLoyal
02-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Legend, yes. Best cabbage defender since Franck.

Vault Boy
02-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Fairly certain the Facebook page isn't him, but on Twitter he retweeted the yams score and he referred to Hearts as 'THEY.' Legend in the making indeed! :thumbsup:

I really hope he signs the third year extension on his contract, we need to keep James here for a long, long time. :not worth

TamHibs
02-09-2012, 08:35 PM
That's not actually James McPake's real profile. It's just a page you can like.

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2012, 08:37 PM
That's not actually James McPake's real profile. It's just a page you can like.

You sure? Ach who cares if it winds them up :greengrin

.Sean.
02-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Don't think it's his page mate.

hibees 7062
02-09-2012, 08:40 PM
I think Deegan can go the same way . Same winning mentality as JMcPake :not worth

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Don't think it's his page mate.

Cheers I got that :greengrin

hfc rd
02-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Going to be a big legend like Stanton and Sauzee. I even think he is going to become a future hibs manager.

Phil D. Rolls
02-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Going to be a big legend like Stanton and Sauzee. I even think he is going to become a future hibs manager.

He could be a contender. :agree:

Broken Gnome
02-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Fairly certain the Facebook page isn't him, but on Twitter he retweeted the yams score and he referred to Hearts as 'THEY.' Legend in the making indeed! :thumbsup:

I really hope he signs the third year extension on his contract, we need to keep James here for a long, long time. :not worth

That was so childish. First - 'im in barcelona, what was the hearts score?' Slight tendency to believe he already knew. Second, retweets the response, thirdly, asks 'were THEY at home?'.

Childishly brilliant of course. He'll be approaching Riordan/Murray-like hatred soon.

Westie1875
02-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Fairly certain the Facebook page isn't him, but on Twitter he retweeted the yams score and he referred to Hearts as 'THEY.' Legend in the making indeed!
:thumbsup:

I saw that earlier but he seems to have deleted these tweets now, probably getting too much abuse :greengrin

MSK
02-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Cheers I got that :greengrin8656

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2012, 08:58 PM

Thats the spirit :thumbsup:

Vault Boy
02-09-2012, 08:59 PM
That was so childish. First - 'im in barcelona, what was the hearts score?' Slight tendency to believe he already knew. Second, retweets the response, thirdly, asks 'were THEY at home?'.

Childishly brilliant of course. He'll be approaching Riordan/Murray-like hatred soon.

I saw that earlier but he seems to have deleted these tweets now, probably getting too much abuse :greengrin

The more they hate him, the more we love him! :greengrin
He's one of our own.

MSK
02-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Thats the spirit :thumbsup::thumbsup:

McIntosh
02-09-2012, 09:00 PM
The man is a God!!!!!!

nonshinyfinish
02-09-2012, 09:01 PM

Yaaasss!

3pm
02-09-2012, 09:06 PM
I wish he wouldn't do it for no other reason than these things come back and bit us on the bum.

That being said, I understand why he does it with some of the abuse he takes.

hfc rd
02-09-2012, 09:06 PM

Brilliant! Absolutely love it!!

MSK
02-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Brilliant! Absolutely love it!!Thats the work of Saltire2k ..I just pinched it ...:greengrin

nonshinyfinish
02-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Thats the work of Saltire2k ..I just pinched it ...:greengrin

Could a wise and good-looking admin make that a smiley, please?

Westie1875
02-09-2012, 09:11 PM
I wish he wouldn't do it for no other reason than these things come back and bit us on the bum.

That being said, I understand why he does it with some of the abuse he takes.

I'm glad he does it, about time we had someone on the park who shows them the level of respect they deserve...... none! :greengrin

Barney McGrew
02-09-2012, 09:11 PM

I can't do it but I'll see if one of the ugly ones can :wink:

MSK
02-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Could a wise and good-looking admin make that a smiley, please?Im sure it will be added soon ..:hibees

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2012, 09:12 PM

Nah we'll just get Salty to do it :tee hee:

MSK
02-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Nah we'll just get Salty to do it :tee hee::greengrin

Springbank
02-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Admins, can you remove the unnecessary word "potential" from the thread title?

:flag::flag::flag:

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Admins, can you remove the unnecessary word "potential" from the thread title?

:flag::flag:

I think 'potential' is correct given his relatively short time at the club.

That being said, next time he knocks one past them and then does a Sparky at their so-called support I shall quickly edit the thread title :aok:

:thumbsup::flag::thumbsup::flag::thumbsup::flag::t humbsup:

givescotlandfreedom
02-09-2012, 09:18 PM
If you asked me what Hibernian FC means to me I'd point you to McPake and say 'him'. There's something about him that captures the entire spirit of the club.

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2012, 09:20 PM

Now added..............

:jmcp::jmcp::jmcp::jmcp::jmcp::jmcp::jmcp::jmcp::j mcp:

Barney McGrew
02-09-2012, 09:21 PM
:jmcp::jmcp::jmcp:

MSK
02-09-2012, 09:22 PM
:jmcp: ....:fenlon.....:giruy:

SteveHFC
02-09-2012, 09:25 PM
:jmcp::jmcp::jmcp::jmcp::jmcp:

nonshinyfinish
02-09-2012, 09:29 PM
:jmcp:

Feels good.

hibees 7062
02-09-2012, 09:43 PM
:jmcp: ....:fenlon.....:giruy:

:top marksSuperb

ArmadaleHibs
02-09-2012, 10:05 PM
💚👈 James mcpakes heart

Vault Boy
02-09-2012, 10:30 PM
:jmcp::jmcp::jmcp: Oooooh, I just wanted a go

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-09-2012, 10:53 PM
I like McPake, but, he has got a long way to go to be talked about in the same breath as Sauzee never mind Stanton!

Jonnyboy
02-09-2012, 10:55 PM
I like McPake, but, he has got a long way to go to be talked about in the same breath as Sauzee never mind Stanton!

:agree: 100%

Captain Trips
02-09-2012, 10:58 PM

McPake is an excellent player but I have long since looked up to them, it makes the usual sale or shafting easier. I will enjoy him while here.

I would though take him into office and see if we can make it a 4yr contract with improved money, we will be extremly lucky to find similar. We should look to build round him.

Northernhibee
02-09-2012, 11:04 PM
McPake is an excellent player but I have long since looked up to them, it makes the usual sale or shafting easier. I will enjoy him while here.

I would though take him into office and see if we can make it a 4yr contract with improved money, we will be extremly lucky to find similar. We should look to build round him.

I'm sure there was an article in the past that revealed that Pat Fenlon thinks that McPake is a player to build a team around, and that he's told the board this. McPake was the #1 signing target this summer.

JohnStephens91
02-09-2012, 11:35 PM
:jmcp: Just wanted a go :greengrin

Peevemor
03-09-2012, 12:05 AM

Nice! :greengrin

edinburghhibee
03-09-2012, 03:00 AM
He's prob the only man that I wouldn't mind if I walked in on him and my Mrs at it doggy, more like i'd wipe the sweat from his brow and ask him how he wants his beer brought to him!

:jmcp::flag::flag::pfgwa

At The Edge
03-09-2012, 04:43 AM
Just because i can

:jmcp::jmcp:

Beefster
03-09-2012, 04:45 AM
If you asked me what Hibernian FC means to me I'd point you to McPake and say 'him'. There's something about him that captures the entire spirit of the club.

I've made this point a couple of times too. The first Hibs player in years that just 'gets it'.

darrenmcintosh2
04-09-2012, 12:10 PM
He's prob the only man that I wouldn't mind if I walked in on him and my Mrs at it doggy, more like i'd wipe the sweat from his brow and ask him how he wants his beer brought to him!

:jmcp::flag::flag::pfgwa

Graphic thoughts now. But. I agree

"Awryt captin fancy a beer wi that "

Tha Cabbage Kid
04-09-2012, 12:40 PM
a hero already!

--------
04-09-2012, 12:51 PM

:agree: 100%

Indeed. :agree:

Or even Matty Jack.

Northernhibee
04-09-2012, 01:58 PM
I'll be honest, I think that technically Hanlon is the better defender.

But he's such a leader and encompasses everything you'd want in a Hibs captain, he's the first name on the teamsheet. Takes no ****, lets everyone know where they need to be and what they should do.

McPake doesn't sleep, he waits.

KSA Hibee
04-09-2012, 02:37 PM

I don't post that often .. and those were prior to "the 19th" ... but the wording of that statement is the first "tears to a glass eye" feeling I've had in months .... couldn't agree more and really wish we had a few more like him !!!

If he keeps it up I can see my autographed and framed Sauzee Hibs top & photgraphs getting some new companions :greengrin

Le God meets McGod :flag:

Scouse Hibee
04-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Wow it doesn't take much to be quoted as a potential legend these days!

leithsansiro
04-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Legend? Potential future manager? On the back of a six months play and coming across as being in tune with his support? Fair enough I suppose, but I think he's probably just very clever at endearing himself to fans. I doubt he'd be thought of in the same way if he had been playing alongside any other players who were good leader types, such as big Franck.

That said, I love the guy in a slightly inappropriate man-crush kind of way...

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2012, 03:51 PM
He's exactly what the club needed, i can only speak for myself but i have never felt so unnatached from the club as i had felt in the last couple of seasons.

He has single handedly galvanised the team and the support back on the same track. We have had too many players who had no connection with the club or its support, he's changed that and has got others buying into it too.

Maybe not a legend yet, but he's working on it. :top marks

.Sean.
04-09-2012, 05:17 PM
He's exactly what the club needed, i can only speak for myself but i have never felt so unnatached from the club as i had felt in the last couple of seasons.

He has single handedly galvanised the team and the support back on the same track. We have had too many players who had no connection with the club or its support, he's changed that and has got others buying into it too.

Fantastic post mate :aok:

You could see how much the club means to him at full-time on Satuurday. A great mutual appreciation betweeen himself and the supporters exists.

ancient hibee
04-09-2012, 05:56 PM
I agree that he is an outstanding leader but already we are leaking goals-joint highest against I think.

pontius pilate
04-09-2012, 06:01 PM
I wonder tho if pf and james have got to-gether and bounced ideas off each other ob what the captain should be doing to galvanise the team and the support. My only slight criticism is i wish he/ they would leave the talking on the pitch

matty_f
04-09-2012, 06:16 PM

I think Fenlon takes some credit there as well, to be fair.

Other than that - spot on.

For the first time in ages, we have a "fan's favourite".

theonlywayisup
04-09-2012, 07:42 PM
James McPake, James McPake

:jmcp::jmcp::jmcp:

Such a simple, but great chant too.........imagine that at Tiny in the New Year Derby after he scores the winner.

One Day Soon
04-09-2012, 07:55 PM

Good fun is that.

McPake a Hibs legend? He's on the right path. Like Scott Brown...

jdships
04-09-2012, 08:55 PM

:agree::top marks
Was waiting for some one to post that so I wouldn't be the first to say it :greengrin:wink::rolleyes:

weecounty hibby
04-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Hes good, very good in fact. He is definitely captain material and just what we have been crying out for for years now............ But lets see if he stays longer than a season and a half and keeps playing well and then extends his contract or if he leaves to join the OF or back to England for more cash. To be a legend you need to have given sterling service over a long period, lifted a trphy as a plyer for us or been exceptional in a short time in my opinion. James, i hope, will become a legend for the first two reasons.

Leishy1995
05-09-2012, 11:49 AM

bighairyfaeleith
05-09-2012, 03:30 PM
This thread is a little creepy

:eek:

Hibby Gav
05-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Mcpake is just doing what we should expect all our players to do.
100% effort, determination and desire for the badge.
Legend ? Well we will see I hope so, but then I think we deserve a team of legends

GGTTH

Kaiser_Sauzee
05-09-2012, 07:57 PM
I asked James to help me put in a cooker as he has the relevant gas certificates.

Not only did he do that, he cooked me a very lovely Lasagne with home made garlic bread. I like extra mushrooms in it. Didn't need to tell him this....he just knew.

Kaiser_Sauzee
05-09-2012, 07:58 PM
The above post is a load of mince.

R'Albin
05-09-2012, 09:27 PM

Does my head in when folk say this. Do we have to wait until he's 50 and won at least 4 cups with Hibs before we call him a legend?

lyonhibs
05-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Does my head in when folk say this. Do we have to wait until he's 50 and won at least 4 cups with Hibs before we call him a legend?

No but more than 7 months at Hibs and a few wins over Hearts would be a good start.

"Legend" is a woefully overused word, a fact that bears out how utterly deprived of decent, committed professionals we - as a support - have been these past few years.

NAE NOOKIE
06-09-2012, 06:45 AM
Ach ... ye dinnae have to win cups and leagues to be a legend. Frank never won nuffin wi us, but his attitude and on field genius made him a legend even after only playing a few seasons with the club.

McPake aint a skilled player like big Frank .... but he has the same attitude and that will do for me. More like him please.

Scouse Hibee
06-09-2012, 07:27 AM

Of course not, the criteria has long since changed!