PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Women V Spartans Women today.

just_joe
02-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Wondering if anyone knew the score of todays game?

Jpdhfc
02-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Could not care waste of club funds.

MSK
02-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Could not care waste of club funds.Eh ..?..if you dont care just ignore the thread then..:confused:

fatbloke
02-09-2012, 03:03 PM

Naughty naughty:bitchy::greengrin

Hibercelona
02-09-2012, 03:04 PM

I would say the mens team have been a far bigger waste on the clubs funds in the last several years. The ladies really know how to play.

just_joe
02-09-2012, 03:04 PM

bit harsh lol. There have been times I wish we were as good as the womens team.

was just curious to see if anyone knew the score as I know some that play for Spartans.

Jpdhfc
02-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Eh ..?..if you dont care just ignore the thread then..:confused:

Not aloud an opinion then sorry I will leave net now

nonshinyfinish
02-09-2012, 03:09 PM

Bye then.

MSK
02-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Not aloud an opinion then sorry I will leave net nowYou dont care about the score though so why the arsey post ..?...:confused:

woodythehibee
02-09-2012, 03:11 PM

IIRC Hibs don't fund the women's team at all. :bye:

JohnStephens91
02-09-2012, 03:15 PM

I'm not the biggest fan of women's football, but I still don't think it's a waste of money. Not overly interested in it, but it does give girls a chance to play sports in a competitive league where they wouldn't have had a chance originally. If promoting sport and football in the community and enhancing the reputation of Hibernian is a waste of the clubs funds to you then you need to take a look at yourself before coming on and posting something utterly ridiculous.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of women's football, but I still don't think it's a waste of money. Not overly interested in it, but it does give girls a chance to play sports in a competitive league where they wouldn't have had a chance originally. If promoting sport and football in the community and enhancing the reputation of Hibernian is a waste of the clubs funds to you then you need to take a look at yourself before coming on and posting something utterly ridiculous.

I'm not a fan of womens football at all, i have no problems with them playing football, but i too dont want the club to be funding it.

If the club are going to start funding sport in the community, where does it stop Hibernian banjo team, or the Hibernian netball club? Every penny that goes into this is a penny less for the team i support in my opinion.

matty_f
02-09-2012, 03:30 PM

Allowed.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Allowed.

Quieter please.

Squealing pig
02-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Hurry up

Sudds_1
02-09-2012, 03:47 PM

bye then. dont let the door hit yer erkie on the way oot,

Sudds_1
02-09-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm not a fan of womens football at all, i have no problems with them playing football, but i too dont want the club to be funding it.

If the club are going to start funding sport in the community, where does it stop Hibernian banjo team, or the Hibernian netball club? Every penny that goes into this is a penny less for the team i support in my opinion.

Some might argue they have for the past few years given what we've been forced to watch :rolleyes:

just_joe
02-09-2012, 03:52 PM
So im guessing no one knows the score then? lol

The Hibee Harp
02-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Hibs won 4-0! 😄

WindyMiller
02-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Wondering if anyone knew the score of todays game?

Spartan woman.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTv8Jdgka9GhX1Df5tTDxOciA9tM2fME lkOWZ6lmt3cVxkbrxRW1A

Jambo Woman

http://img.tapatalk.com/02789320-625e-4c52.jpg

Viva_Palmeiras
02-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Allowed.

Think it was a pun on "Girls Aloud" or am I giving two much creditt?

nonshinyfinish
02-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Think it was a pun on "Girls Aloud" or am I giving two much creditt?

Phar two much credit.

Tricla
02-09-2012, 05:20 PM

Aye, sod off back to the fifties.

hfc rd
02-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Spartan woman.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTv8Jdgka9GhX1Df5tTDxOciA9tM2fME lkOWZ6lmt3cVxkbrxRW1A

Jambo Woman

Class ;)

CalgaryHibs
02-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Spartan woman.

Jambo Woman

This is the best post of day!! lolo

fatbloke
02-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Spartan woman.

Jambo Woman

Anyone got a phone number for the Spartan woman. Please don't anyone give the Jambo woman my number:greengrin

surreyhibbie
02-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Anyone got a phone number for the Spartan woman. Please don't anyone give the Jambo woman my number:greengrin

You couldnae handle the jambo woman Chas...

At least, I hope not!

:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Ten men and a forklift truck couldnae handle Jambo woman!

JennaFletcher
02-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Aye, sod off back to the fifties.

:top marks

There's a few auld farts to be found on the net sometimes. I bet they've not even bothered their arse to watch a competitive women's game, I think they'd be surprised at how good games like USA v Japan women actually are to watch.

Jonnyboy
02-09-2012, 10:42 PM

There's a few auld farts to be found on the net sometimes. I bet they've not even bothered their arse to watch a competitive women's game, I think they'd be surprised at how good games like USA v Japan women actually are to watch.

Oi - in defence of old farts I've watched a fair few women's footie games and enjoyed them for the most part :greengrin

surreyhibbie
02-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Oi - in defence of old farts I've watched a fair few women's footie games and enjoyed them for the most part :greengrin

Me too! And in any case the club don't support them financially as far as I know so that comment was wrong as well as pathetic.

Edit, I meant the one earlier of course...

JennaFletcher
02-09-2012, 10:53 PM

1) "Thanks for the approval!" said all the female footballers out there.

2) If there was one, you'd definitely be in it!

JennaFletcher
02-09-2012, 10:54 PM

just like any other Hibs game then? :greengrin

Jonnyboy
02-09-2012, 10:55 PM
just like any other Hibs game then? :greengrin

Aye :greengrin

Northernhibee
02-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Disappointed with some of the comments here, if we are to be a "Hibs family" then there's space for everyone. If you're a good footballer and you understand what Hibs are all about, welcome aboard.

I think that a lot of the results from the womans team shows that they get what Hibs class means :flag:

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2012, 11:10 PM
1) "Thanks for the approval!" said all the female footballers out there.

2) If there was one, you'd definitely be in it!

No problem at all, i dont go to the circus as i find that boring, i dont watch womens football for the same reason.

As i said i dont mind anyone playing football, kids, women, elephants whoever or whatever, as long as my money did not fund it.

Brightside
03-09-2012, 09:25 AM

They dont fund the girls teams. But this needs to be encouraged. Girls are supporters too you know.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 09:32 AM
They dont fund the girls teams. But this needs to be encouraged. Girls are supporters too you know.

I'm glad to here that, and agree 100% on your 2nd point.

JimBHibees
03-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Personally thought the womens football tournament in the Olympics was better than the mens. Have seen a few womens games on tv and personally think the standard is very good with more emphasis on skills and less on physical strength. The football that is played at a decent international level is IMO much more watchable than some of the lower league hoofball you get in the main in the UK.

It would be good if the UK could get an infrastructure in place so that girls football is played to the same level of participation as the US as IMO it would help develop a more healthy culture in this country than is there now.

MB62
03-09-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm glad to here that, and agree 100% on your 2nd point.

HEAR :wink:

On a slightly more serious note. I watched Hibs ladies a few seasons ago when they played at St. Marks Park. Was walking through the park, saw Hibs jerseys and thought I would have a look at who was playing, expecting it to be our U19's. Have to say I was very impressed with what I saw (what was IN the jerseys as much as the ability of the players :wink:). From that day I have been a bit of a fan of ladies football, it's came on a ton in the past 10 years or so.
There was also an ex Hibs lady playing for the G.B. Ladies olympic football team and for me, she was one of the star players, Kim Little.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 10:54 AM
HEAR :wink:

On a slightly more serious note. I watched Hibs ladies a few seasons ago when they played at St. Marks Park. Was walking through the park, saw Hibs jerseys and thought I would have a look at who was playing, expecting it to be our U19's. Have to say I was very impressed with what I saw (what was IN the jerseys as much as the ability of the players :wink:). From that day I have been a bit of a fan of ladies football, it's came on a ton in the past 10 years or so.
There was also an ex Hibs lady playing for the G.B. Ladies olympic football team and for me, she was one of the star players, Kim Little.

Yes hear, :greengrin As i keep saying its not for me, i think its a poor product that i dont wish to watch. I'd also be very annoyed if i was contributing towards it, that appears not to be the case though.

I also dont have anything against any girl who wants to or indeed does play football, for Hibs or any team. Its a good form of exercise, i loved playing the game and can understand why anyone girl or boy would love it too.

Just to clear this up, i'm not in anyway against this, i'm just against contributing towards it.

Leishy1995
03-09-2012, 11:01 AM
No problem at all, i dont go to the circus as i find that boring, i dont watch womens football for the same reason.

As i said i dont mind anyone playing football, kids, women, elephants whoever or whatever, as long as my money did not fund it.

I personally think you can **** off. You're living in the past. My little sister players for the under 17s and for you too claim it is boring when you've probably never given it a chance in the last few years is stupid. And Scottish women's footballers don't get paid wages yet. But if they did a true Hibs fan wouldn't care if some of his money went on that. Take your outdated views and **** off.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 11:05 AM
I personally think you can **** off. You're living in the past. My little sister players for the under 17s and for you too claim it is boring when you've probably never given it a chance in the last few years is stupid. And Scottish women's footballers don't get paid wages yet. But if they did a true Hibs fan wouldn't care if some of his money went on that. Take your outdated views and **** off.

Well thats me told, and i have completely changed my opinion now. :faf:

Leishy1995
03-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Well thats me told, and i have completely changed my opinion now. :faf:

Laugh all you want you're still way behind the times. If somehow you had been contributing to women's football you wouldn't even know. I think you need to take a look at yourself. Come out of the past.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Laugh all you want you're still way behind the times. If somehow you had been contributing to women's football you wouldn't even know. I think you need to take a look at yourself. Come out of the past.

I was laughing at you and the way you swore, i genuinely found that funny. :faf: I'm quite happy living in 2012 without womens football in my life, a game where Derek Riordan teaches tackling skills, and every goalkeeper is fathered by Zibby Malclownski.

I watched 2 or 3 games in the olympics, and while they try and play the game how i like it, with skill and on the floor, it was like having spaghetti bolognese with quorn, unpalatable and not for me.

Leishy1995
03-09-2012, 11:21 AM
I was laughing at you and the way you swore, i genuinely found that funny. :faf: I'm quite happy living in 2012 without womens football in my life, a game where Derek Riordan teaches tackling skills, and every goalkeeper is fathered by Zibby Malclownski.

I watched 2 or 3 games in the olympics, and while they try and play the game how i like it, with skill and on the floor, it was like having spaghetti bolognese with quorn, unpalatable and not for me.

Living in 2012 would mean you give them equal chances, section 43 came along to the games and enjoyed it.. You can just stick to being outdated though. It suits you. :faf: :faf: :faf:

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Living in 2012 would mean you give them equal chances, section 43 came along to the games and enjoyed it.. You can just stick to being outdated though. It suits you. :faf: :faf: :faf:

No it doesn't, :faf: i dont watch kids football, does that mean i'm against kids football? I dont watch either because i'm not interested. I watch Hibs mens team because i am. And because section 43 went, thats your confirmation its ok for everyone? :faf:

Leishy1995
03-09-2012, 11:34 AM
No it doesn't, :faf: i dont watch kids football, does that mean i'm against kids football? I dont watch either because i'm not interested. I watch Hibs mens team because i am. And because section 43 went, thats your confirmation its ok for everyone? :faf:

Erm no that was me saying that when giving a chance you might actually like it. You don't show support to all branches of Hibernian. But you have said you are actively against contributing to women's football. Even if it's Hibs. So the link to kids football is not relevant.

Brightside
03-09-2012, 11:37 AM

You dont watch kids football either? FFS - bit of a blinkered life you lead. So you have no interest in the youth players coming through the system? Why do you bother watching Hibs? If you only care about the final product go and watch Barca every week.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Erm no that was me saying that when giving a chance you might actually like it. You don't show support to all branches of Hibernian. But you have said you are actively against contributing to women's football. Even if it's Hibs. So the link to kids football is not relevant.

How is it irrelevant? I dont watch it, but understand Hibs have a youth set up that will hopefully bring players through to the 1st team, and i know part of my money will have helped. The 1st time a women player comes through and plays for us, i will change my mind completely and contribute willingly for that privilege.

Any idea when this is likely to happen?

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2012, 11:40 AM

You seem to have a vested interest. BH has been quite clear in his reasons for his opinion, just because your opinion differs it doesnae make him wrong.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 11:42 AM
You dont watch kids football either? FFS - bit of a blinkered life you lead. So you have no interest in the youth players coming through the system? Why do you bother watching Hibs? If you only care about the final product go and watch Barca every week.

How is it irrelevant? I dont watch it, but understand Hibs have a youth set up that will hopefully bring players through to the 1st team, and i know part of my money will have helped. The 1st time a women player comes through and plays for us, i will change my mind completely and contribute willingly for that privilege.

Ahem.

Leishy1995
03-09-2012, 11:44 AM

Probably never considering their is a youth system in place for women at hibs? It's also classed as a different sport too I think. Female players represent Hibs already, just not in the men's team, and for you to completely disregard ability from them and that your money shouldn't contribute to them is not fair on them.

Leishy1995
03-09-2012, 11:45 AM
You seem to have a vested interest. BH has been quite clear in his reasons for his opinion, just because your opinion differs it doesnae make him wrong.

It's not that, it's the way he completely disregarded the women representing hibs, and wouldn't want his money contributing to another branch of Hibernian Football Club.

Brightside
03-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Hibs must have the most negative fans in the country. This is just another example. Its cost you nothing. It encourages the brand amongst young people and families. There is potentially a huge amount of money to be earned from the female supporters of our club. HIBS is not just the 11 players in the pitch on a saturday. Wake up. Move forward.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Probably never considering their is a youth system in place for women at hibs? It's also classed as a different sport too I think. Female players represent Hibs already, just not in the men's team, and for you to completely disregard ability from them and that your money shouldn't contribute to them is not fair on them.

Now we are getting there, no abuse, no swearing just a discussion on why you believe Hibs should fund what is classed a a different sport.

As for completely disregarding their ability, i dont know how may times i have to say this, but its a poor standard to what i like to watch, and THATS WHY I DONT WATCH IT. I watch Hibs play at easter road, but know if i got on a plane at went to spain, i could watch a much better game, but Hibs are my team, not some womens game i find boring and of little interest other than they have our name.

Tell me why in my opinion as thats what it is Hibs should spend some of the money i pay in season ticket money, on a sport thats never going to produce a player for our 1st team?

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 11:55 AM
It's not that, it's the way he completely disregarded the women representing hibs, and wouldn't want his money contributing to another branch of Hibernian Football Club.

And i stand by that.

Leishy1995
03-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Now we are getting there, no abuse, no swearing just a discussion on why you believe Hibs should fund what is classed a a different sport.

As for completely disregarding their ability, i dont know how may times i have to say this, but its a poor standard to what i like to watch, and THATS WHY I DONT WATCH IT. I watch Hibs play at easter road, but know if i got on a plane at went to spain, i could watch a much better game, but Hibs are my team, not some womens game i find boring and of little interest other than they have our name.

Tell me why in my opinion as thats what it is Hibs should spend some of the money i pay in season ticket money, on a sport thats never going to produce a player for our 1st team?

Because Hibs are a company which you support. All a football team is is a business. If they decide to create a new product as part of that business you don't have to use it, you can continue funding your own product that you use. If they do decide to help fund the ladies then why would that bother you? As long as you get to use the product you enjoy you shouldn't bother about the other products. That being said, Scotland as a whole doesn't seem to pay wages to the players in the females branch, which is why they get beat by teams in Germany 8-0. If they did start funding then, the already improving product, would improve a whole lot more. If such a time comes would you then withdraw your season ticket money from hibs because they are expanding into another sector of business?

Brightside
03-09-2012, 12:02 PM

Simple. BUMS ON SEATS. Encourage girls to play for Hibs. You get more supporters on a Saturday. You sell more shirts. It's common sense.

Leishy1995
03-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Hibs must have the most negative fans in the country. This is just another example. Its cost you nothing. It encourages the brand amongst young people and families. There is potentially a huge amount of money to be earned from the female supporters of our club. HIBS is not just the 11 players in the pitch on a saturday. Wake up. Move forward.

Exactly.

Leishy1995
03-09-2012, 12:04 PM
And i stand by that.

But why? What's the point of you saying if any of your money goes toward expanding Hibs as a brand, if they chose too, you'll withdraw that money? What benefit would that have? That would effect the product you want too watch aswell as the club as a whole?

Malthibby
03-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Simple. BUMS ON SEATS. Encourage girls to play for Hibs. You get more supporters on a Saturday. You sell more shirts. It's common sense.

:agree::agree::agree: I quite like women's football, which is probably why I haven't minded having a season ticket at ER recently, but from a pragmatic viewpoint a decent Hibs Women's team creates more interest & more support. Simples.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Because Hibs are a company which you support. All a football team is is a business. If they decide to create a new product as part of that business you don't have to use it, you can continue funding your own product that you use. If they do decide to help fund the ladies then why would that bother you? As long as you get to use the product you enjoy you shouldn't bother about the other products. That being said, Scotland as a whole doesn't seem to pay wages to the players in the females branch, which is why they get beat by teams in Germany 8-0. If they did start funding then, the already improving product, would improve a whole lot more. If such a time comes would you then withdraw your season ticket money from hibs because they are expanding into another sector of business?

I dont support any company, or any business, just the team that come out the tunnel on a Saturday. And jeezus christ, i dont care if they win 8-0 or lose 8-0 none of them will ever play for the team i support.

As for more women supporting Hibs, bring it on, how many are we talking about here?

Leishy1995
03-09-2012, 12:11 PM
I dont support any company, or any business, just the team that come out the tunnel on a Saturday. And jeezus christ, i dont care if they win 8-0 or lose 8-0 none of them will ever play for the team i support.

As for more women supporting Hibs, bring it on, how many are we talking about here?

You're missing the point. Hibs are more a business than a team. And as I said if you support one branch of the business, the males first team, then you put money into the business. But if that business expands you will remove your money from the product you love? Stupid.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 12:14 PM
But why? What's the point of you saying if any of your money goes toward expanding Hibs as a brand, if they chose too, you'll withdraw that money? What benefit would that have? That would effect the product you want too watch aswell as the club as a whole?

Where did i say that, i'm giving my opinion why it shouldn't happen, and will be asking Petrie his view on the subject?

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 12:15 PM
You're missing the point. Hibs are more a business than a team. And as I said if you support one branch of the business, the males first team, then you put money into the business. But if that business expands you will remove your money from the product you love? Stupid.

I wish you would stop making things up to make your point more relevant?

Leishy1995
03-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Where did i say that, i'm giving my opinion why it shouldn't happen, and will be asking Petrie his view on the subject?

You said you didn't want any of your money contributing to hibs ladies, that would be another branch. Expanding the business. I'm not saying it will happen just questioning why you would say such a thing. Considering it would effect the team you watch and the whole compan.

Leishy1995
03-09-2012, 12:18 PM
I wish you would stop making things up to make your point more relevant?

I'm not, I'm using my education in business to explain something to you. You are the one who has stated things that aren't relevant.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 12:20 PM
You said you didn't want any of your money contributing to hibs ladies, that would be another branch. Expanding the business. I'm not saying it will happen just questioning why you would say such a thing. Considering it would effect the team you watch and the whole compan.

Yes i did say i dont want my money going towards it, i dont want my money spent on crap players but they still do it? Point me to where i said i would withdraw my money please? :rolleyes:

lyonhibs
03-09-2012, 12:23 PM

Wow.

Leishy1995
03-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Yes i did say i dont want my money going towards it, i dont want my money spent on crap players but they still do it? Point me to where i said i would withdraw my money please? :rolleyes:

How else would you stop your money contributing to the club? :rolleyes:

Leishy1995
03-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Wow.

Only a slight over reaction.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Only a slight over reaction.

:faf: His or yours? Its a good job you never called me a clown, or you'd have a warning by now? :rolleyes:

Leishy1995
03-09-2012, 12:31 PM
:faf: His or yours? Its a good job you never called me a clown, or you'd have a warning by now? :rolleyes:

Mine haha! My first post was unnecessarily aggressive. The discussion that followed was what I should have been like.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Mine haha! My first post was unnecessarily aggressive. The discussion that followed was what I should have been like.

:agree:

Brightside
03-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Hibs won 4-0 btw. You can follow them on @HibsLadies :flag:

bob12345
03-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Ian Mackay's match report...

SPARTANS were on the wrong end of a 4-0 beating from Hibs in their latest Scottish Women’s League clash. Everything was in place at Spartans Community Football Academy on Sunday, September 2, with the new extension to the main building positively glistening in the bright sunshine. But it was the visiting Hibs side who ran away with the spoils in this cracker of a game. I always watch teams going through their pre-match paces and once again I was totally impressed by the approach and attitude of the Hibs contingent. It appeared to me to be very professional in every way and I gained the impression even then they would win. I was right on this occasion. Not that it was anything but hard work for the Hibees in the very warm (honest) sunshine of the first Sunday in September 2012! The pitch, ah well, the only word that can be applied to that is ‘glorious’! Not so glorious were the Spartans Women’s side on this fine day. They had some good players on top of their form, but for too many of the home side, it was simply toil in the sun and in the end it was Hibs who ran out deserved winners. It would be difficult for me to pick one player out of the Hibs squad as my choice of their best player on the day. However, I did think Caroline Weir, in the No 8 jersey, had a brilliant game. So, too, did the rest of her team-mates in this game. No 10, Lisa Robertson, was in great form and I know that because her mother, sitting in the sunshine on the grassy terracing eating a sausage roll of all things, told me so on numerous occasions. I do not know if Hibs No 4, Frankie Brown, had any of her family watching her at Ainslie Park, but she was another star performer on the right, particularly in the second half. What the hell, here are the names of all the players who contributed to this excellent game:

Spartans - Rachael Harrison, Jo Hutcheson, Ashley Nicolson, Alana Marshall, Claire Crosbie, Louise Mason, Louise Magilton, Lana Clelland, Chloe Fitzpatrick, Diana Barry, Molly McLean, Bobbie Beveridge, Sarah Archibald, Trisha McLaughlin, Nichola Sturrock, Olivia Lukasewich, Louise Young, Louise Moultray, Sarah Ewens, Katie Reilly, Becky Galbraith, Victoria Farquhar, Kirsty Hamilton.

Hibs - Shannon Lynn, Emma Bownlie, Stef Malcolm, Frankie Brown, Susan Fairlie, Hollie Thomson, Kirsty McLaughlin, Caroline Weir, Ellan Pia, Lisa Robertson, Kirsty Smith, Jenna Ross, Rebecca Zoltie, Siobhan Hunter, Joelle Murray, Laura Kennedy Houston.

Referee - Mark Rennie.

There was a strange start to the game, and it was halted while the referee and coaches of both teams tried to find a football that was acceptable, not of the soft variety. One was found, thankfully, while someone was sent to the main building to blow up the balls to the correct pressure. I have not seen that before, I must say. But the ball was well and truly in Hibs’ court for the rest of the game. It is in fact an understatement on my part to say they are ‘well coached’! The football the team in green and white and the passing and movement from the Hibees throughout this game was quite exceptional. The home defence had lots to do and no one better at it than No 16, Canadian student Olivia Lukasewich, and No 22 Victoria Farquhar. Trisha McLaughlin was prominent in the early stages of the game, while the rest of the Spartans players were put through the mill by their opponents. It was obvious to me that Hibs were really fired up for this game and for anyone who loves to see good football being played, well the game at Ainslie Park was a perfect example of this. Trisha McLaughlin was good on the right for Spartans but whenever the No 14 got on the move, she was countered by a great Hibs rearguard. It was in fact, mostly Hibs who attacked in the first half with a glorious move that saw the ball switched from Siobhan Hunter, then to Frankie Brown, on to Kirsty McLaughlin and then back to Hunter, but the cross from the right in to the home goal was overhit, and that let Spartans off the hook! Free kicks to Spartans gave Alana Marshall the chance to put some pressure on the Hibs defence, but her deliveries from set-pieces was quite disappointing. McLaughlin continued to inspire her team-mates with good crosses from the right but, still, Hibs looked the more dangerous side on the attack. And attack they did! The team in the famous green-and-white colours set a punishing pace and Spartans were in fact pushed to the very limit to keep them at bay. Rachael Harrison distinguished herself in the home goal with a brilliant diving save to keep out a great shot from Hollie Thomson. The home side’s hopes were lifted yet again by a good run on the right by Trisha McLaughlin but her well-hit shot at goal went direct in to the hands of Hibs’ keeper, Shannon Lynn. When I noted down ‘after 30 minutes play, no sign of a goal’! I had hardly finished writing that in my notebook when Hibs broke the deadlock. It was a tremendous team goal, with the move starting at the back and it ended with a great low ball from the right, delivered by Kirsty McLaughlin, being knocked in to the net despite a great effort by Jo Hutchison in the Spartans goal to keep it out. 1-0 for Hibs and I thought they really deserved to be in front. Spartans tried so hard to create good passing moves but I thought they lacked confidence and it showed. However, a superb run at the Hibs defence resulted in Sarah Ewens being felled by Emma Brownlie and the free-kick was in sight of the Hibs goal. But, damn it, Alana Marshall’s delivery was poor I have to say. How frustrating for the player it must have been, but that is football! Hibs really started to motor along with Kirsty McLaughlin and Lisa Robertson in the thick of the action. At that stage, I have to say Lisa’s mother had not started on the sausage rolls with her family and friends!!! I must also say I was not offered one of these sausage rolls and there appeared to be plenty to go around. Possibly, I was the only one on that part of the ground WITHOUT a sausage roll!!!! Another free kick to Spartans duly came along and this time Marshall sent in a great ball on target but there was Shannon Lynn to clear the danger. At half-time it was 1-0 to Hibs and sausage rolls all round in the Robertson family! Everything was beautiful for the Hibs contingent and the players went off to the changing rooms to eat I know not what! Whatever it was, they dominated the second half and scored three great goals to put the game well and truly beyond Spartans. I noticed Hibs No 4, Frankie Brown had her sleeves pulled up to her shoulders and goodness me what a great game she had for Hibs on the right. The Spartans defence was run ragged at times and the passing and vision of the Hibs side just got better and better. Caroline Weir looked more and more a real class act and it was akin to a blitz on the home goal at times. Lisa Robertson let fly with a rocket of a shot but it was rising all the time and the ball crashed out of play over the bar. Then came another of these ‘funny’ incidents in the game. A free kick to Hibs on the left had to be taken three times and a Hibs player was booked in to the bargain! “What bloody nonsense,” I muttered to myself! Apparently, the player taking the series of free kicks did not wait when told to for the referee's whistle. “Hi, gies' a sausage roll, Mrs Robertson, to shut me up!” By the way, it was her daughter, Lisa, who was booked in this incident! ‘Ha, that will teach you a lesson, then!’ The free-kick was cleared and when play went to the other end, former Craigmount HS pupil, Claire Crosbie went down injured with a head knock. That caused another break in the play while the Spartans player received attention. Then, wham, bam, and Hibs were 3-0 up. A great shot from Kirsty McLaughlin rebounded off the Spartans crossbar and Caroline Weir slammed home the rebound. After waiting so long for a second goal, along came another and Hibs were cruising at 3-0 with 15 minutes still to play. The goal of the game was still to come, however and when Spartans other goalie, Rachel Harrison, was forced to go outside the 18yd box to head the ball clear, it went straight to Caroline Weir and the Hibs No 8, real class if ever I have seen it, delicately and deliberately chipped the ball over the stranded keeper and in to the empty net. What a super goal to finish the game and I set tracks for the nearby Morrison’s super-store to see if they had any sausage rolls for sale in their café! But then I thought, that Mrs Robertson and her family will likely be there stocking up with fresh supplies and I thought - ‘time to make a quick exit’!

*Thank you to both teams, their coaches and FANS on the terracing for making it such an enjoyable visit to what I think is the best football facility I have seen in my life. Missing from the fans at this game, however, was Gail Swanson, who usually sneaks in free of charge at this lovely football venue!!! Maybe she was too busy making sausage rolls at home?

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2012, 03:34 PM

Is this true?

muirhousehibby
03-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Woman's football pays for itself through sponsorship but the benefits for youth clubs like Spartans Fc and Hutchison Vale Fc who both play in the SWPL top flight league is superb.

Women’s football is generally slower and less aggressive than men's football, but there is much more emphasis on agility and technical ability. The fact that most of these women play simply because they love it is also overlooked.:agree:

Allant1981
03-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Have to say i dont have much interest in womens football but would encourage anyone to play if they can, there are to many people in this country who would rather sit and play playstations than keep fit and healthy, if hibs were to invest in the ladies team i probably would give something to them but probably wouldnt go watch as i think the mens game is a lot quicker and more frantic and im interested in it more

Eyrie
03-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Have to say i dont have much interest in womens football but would encourage anyone to play if they can, there are to many people in this country who would rather sit and play playstations than keep fit and healthy, if hibs were to invest in the ladies team i probably would give something to them but probably wouldnt go watch as i think the mens game is a lot quicker and more frantic and im interested in it more

Good post. We have a successful women's team at Hibs and I'd have no problem with the club providing some financial support to maintain that success. And I'm someone with no interest in women's football.

Northernhibee
03-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Good post. We have a successful women's team at Hibs and I'd have no problem with the club providing some financial support to maintain that success. And I'm someone with no interest in women's football.

Ditto, I want our main team, our youth team and our womens team to all be winning and I don't mind some money going to the youth and womens team to assist in this. The Hibs mentality should be about success at all levels.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2012, 08:04 PM
The youth team is there to generate players for the first team, so, money should go there. The womens team, not so sure to be honest.

Brightside
03-09-2012, 08:24 PM
The youth team is there to generate players for the first team, so, money should go there. The womens team, not so sure to be honest.

A lot of those girls that play for Hibs - or even other teams, go to the games. And they will take a parent with them. One of my girls goes to football, and thats only because she plays at a kids level. To ignore 50% of the population just because its not the traditional income stream is madness. Promote the brand at all levels. Its the main way to bring in more punters. Over the next few generations we will see a huge shift in football fans and income.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 08:31 PM
A lot of those girls that play for Hibs - or even other teams, go to the games. And they will take a parent with them. One of my girls goes to football, and thats only because she plays at a kids level. To ignore 50% of the population just because its not the traditional income stream is madness. Promote the brand at all levels. Its the main way to bring in more punters. Over the next few generations we will see a huge shift in football fans and income.

Who is ignoring 50% of the population? Are you saying women wont come to watch Hibs unless they provide funds for the womens team, who Leishy said its not even classed as the same sport?

What about starting up a disabled Hibs team, we could fund that too under the name of Hibs, we dont want to miss out on the disabled fan either, or maybe a Polish Hibs team, or a Muslim team, christ the possibilities are endless, wont be long before we need a bigger ground.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2012, 08:32 PM
This is going off on a bit of tangent, if its true that Hibs don't invest in the ladies team then fine, but, if they want to invest in other levels apart from the first team, then investment in boys clubs will give them a more tangible return, until, as BH stated earlier female players start turning out for the first team.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Who is going to do the ironing or make the man of the houses tea if these lassies are spending their Sat afternoons at ER? Has nobody thought about the bairns?

Brightside
03-09-2012, 08:42 PM
This is going off on a bit of tangent, if its true that Hibs don't invest in the ladies team then fine, but, if they want to invest in other levels apart from the first team, then investment in boys clubs will give them a more tangible return, until, as BH stated earlier female players start turning out for the first team.

Right we already agree that women will never play in the MENS team......thats not the point. Its about being inclusive to all genders....if only to try and raise the income. Why do you think they have pink hibs scarves? There is vital income to be had lets not be petty about it. As for a disabled hibs team...why not? Whatever happened to the Hibs Family.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Right we already agree that women will never play in the MENS team......thats not the point. Its about being inclusive to all genders....if only to try and raise the income. Why do you think they have pink hibs scarves? There is vital income to be had lets not be petty about it. As for a disabled hibs team...why not? Whatever happened to the Hibs Family.

All women are welcome at easter road, as are disabled. In fact everyone is welcome?

J-C
03-09-2012, 08:52 PM

Could do with a Hibs womens beach volleyball team, knowing our luck it'll be the big fat ugly women in bikini's from Leith that no one wants to look at. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Right, so, lets get this right, there's more chance of people outwith the main demographic turning up to watch the only team at ER that is top priority if the club chuck funds in their direction? How much extra income will be generated? Genuine question as I haven't been educated in economics, well except the home kind and that never went too well! I'm still receiving counselling for my 2nd year apple pie disaster!

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Right, so, lets get this right, there's more chance of people outwith the main demographic turning up to watch the only team at ER that is top priority if the club chuck funds in their direction? How much extra income will be generated? Genuine question as I haven't been educated in economics, well except the home kind and that never went too well! I'm still receiving counselling for my 2nd year apple pie disaster!

I think its more sinister, it seems women are staying away and will only go to easter road to watch proper football if the club sponsor another sport.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2012, 09:11 PM
That apple pie memory is freaking me out! Ms Campbell was a bit of a "progressive" type for the mid 80s, maybe if she had spent more time in the kitchen and less at ER i would've learned a bit more!

Brightside
03-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Why cant we do all? Why so blinkered. If for example they were to provide 10k worth of support to the Hibs Ladies team...and that team go on to win the League again (at a time when womens football has been all over tv) Is that not a good promotion for the hibs brand. Any success for any team with HIBS in the name is good for the overall club.

Eyrie
03-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Why cant we do all? Why so blinkered. If for example they were to provide 10k worth of support to the Hibs Ladies team...and that team go on to win the League again (at a time when womens football has been all over tv) Is that not a good promotion for the hibs brand. Any success for any team with HIBS in the name is good for the overall club.

Exactly. No-one is talking about pouring hundreds of thousands of pounds into our women's team given our current financial situation, but if the amount involved was only £10k it would make no difference to the first team and a big difference to the women's team. A moot point given that it has already been established that no support is given, but disappointing that a few posters are quick to rule it out altogether.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Exactly. No-one is talking about pouring hundreds of thousands of pounds into our women's team given our current financial situation, but if the amount involved was only £10k it would make no difference to the first team and a big difference to the women's team. A moot point given that it has already been established that no support is given, but disappointing that a few posters are quick to rule it out altogether.

10k today 20k the next time, then the disabled team want some, the darts team, the poker team, where does it stop? When they start supplying players for the 1st team, that will be the day i agree with Hibs funding womens football.

bob12345
03-09-2012, 10:41 PM
10k today 20k the next time, then the disabled team want some, the darts team, the poker team, where does it stop? When they start supplying players for the 1st team, that will be the day i agree with Hibs funding womens football.

Without knowing the facts I think it's safe to say 10k could easily fund the whole setup - adult teams, youth teams and all. Let's say the girls and ladies club has 200 or 300 players in it, and half of them identify with the club due to playing for them, and go to 10 games per season. 10 games = £200, £200 x 100 people is £20k. That's before you start talking about parents going too for the younger players.

More or more girls are getting into football and it's up to Hibs whether they want their ladies and girls' club to be left to self finance and technically be the same as any grassroots youth club. Or, like Celtic, they can invest a tiny bit of money in them - the equivalent of 5 players wages for a week - and potentially reap the rewards of a brand new influx of Hibees.

Seems like a no brainer to me, just common sense, whether you like woman's football as a spectator or not. Anyone can come up with arguments such as 'does this mean they'll start funding the domino team'. The answer is no, treat each case on its own merits, and if it's justified then do it.

Leishy1995
03-09-2012, 11:05 PM
To be fair, I think the youth players at women's football have to pay. I'm not sure if that is true don't quote me. I've never been told about that side of my sister's youth development.

BH, I think the fact you keep mentioning all these other teams that currently don't exist is unnecessary. I have not heard of a disabled league. Hibs don't have an official darts team. They have an official ladies team. Stop getting too extravagant. It's just another version of football. That is possibly the most improving sport in terms of popularity. Why on Earth would we attempt to capitalise on such a thing?

Leishy1995
03-09-2012, 11:07 PM
To put it into perspective of amounts of players, their is 3 teams without an age limit, Hibs ladies, Hibs reserves, Hibs 1875, all playing in the senior leagues. Then under 17s, 15s, 13s and possibly another younger age group. Too add too Bob's post.

Hibercelona
04-09-2012, 12:18 AM

The ladies team is a 1st team also. A very talented 1st team.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2012, 01:08 AM
We're going to need to get a bigger boat!

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2012, 06:10 AM
The ladies team is a 1st team also. A very talented 1st team.

And none will ever be good enough to play for Hibs. Nobody has answered Hutchys question on just how many women we are missing out on, and i'd like to know why we are missing out on them?

Would these women we are missing out on only go to watch Hibs if the club provide funds for the womens football team?

Brightside
04-09-2012, 06:43 AM
The grass roots and youth girls pay subs. Not sure about the first team. There really is no point debating this with BH though. Thankfully others have a bit more foresight. GGTTLH

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2012, 07:40 AM
The grass roots and youth girls pay subs. Not sure about the first team. There really is no point debating this with BH though. Thankfully others have a bit more foresight. GGTTLH

Thats right dont debate it, dont answer the questions asked.

Brightside
04-09-2012, 07:58 AM
There is no debate tho BH. The points you make have no substance. You want to quantify how many woman will come through the gate if we support womans football. But you obvioulsy cannot quantify that. In exactly the same way that you cannot quanitify the impact of boys football - or indeed the current academy. Simple business facts apply. To not try and exploit a huge potential support is stupid and short sighted. Luckily the club arent quite so blinkered.

You dont support Girls football....so be it. Move on.

I and many others will be delighted if Hibs do a bit of funding in this space.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2012, 08:07 AM
There is no debate tho BH. The points you make have no substance. You want to quantify how many woman will come through the gate if we support womans football. But you obvioulsy cannot quantify that. In exactly the same way that you cannot quanitify the impact of boys football - or indeed the current academy. Simple business facts apply. To not try and exploit a huge potential support is stupid and short sighted. Luckily the club arent quite so blinkered.

You dont support Girls football....so be it. Move on.

I and many others will be delighted if Hibs do a bit of funding in this space.

Can you explain how the club are ignoring women?

Brightside
04-09-2012, 08:14 AM
THEY arent YOU are. YOU have cleary stated that you dont want to club to support womans football.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2012, 08:41 AM
THEY arent YOU are. YOU have cleary stated that you dont want to club to support womans football.

I have also said i have no problems at all with it, i think its great that everyone who wants to play football is. I dont want the club to fund women's football, all women are welcome at easter road. And when they start supplying players for the 1st team, then the club can fund as many teams as they like.

I will ask again, why stop at womens football?

bob12345
04-09-2012, 09:40 AM
I have also said i have no problems at all with it, i think its great that everyone who wants to play football is. I dont want the club to fund women's football, all women are welcome at easter road. And when they start supplying players for the 1st team, then the club can fund as many teams as they like.

Because it's elite, top of their level, Scottish footballers, that play for Hibs - a football club. Hasn't turned out too badly for Arsenal, has it?

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Because it's elite, top of their level, Scottish footballers, that play for Hibs - a football club. Hasn't turned out too badly for Arsenal, has it?

I have no idea how well or badly its turned out for Arsenal? Is the new ground filled with women now, women who never went to football until they funded a football team?

Nothing is stopping women from going to watch any football team they wish, and the notion that they will come and watch Hibs because we are sponsoring a womens team is ludicrous.

Celtic i believe are funding their womens team, on Saturday their ground was 15 thousand people down on last season, perhaps they need to up the money?

Hermit Crab
04-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Speaking of Spartans i see that the yams are taking their near enough full team down to spartans on friday night for a friendly.

Brightside
04-09-2012, 10:05 AM

I wouldnt stop at Womans Football. Id be looking at ALL possible income streams. We could do a lot more in the asian market as that is an untapped resource. But YOU wouldnt allow that as there are no Asians in the first team I presume?

Brightside
04-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Your view is that there is no correlation between womens football teams being succesfull and young girls getting involved in football and then wanting to go and watch the Hibs first team I disagree based on experience. I cannot quantify as its would cost thousands to do the analysis.

The exact same thing happens with boys. They play football at school, watch on TV, and then pester parents to go to games. I'm lost as to why you dont think this is a good idea.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2012, 10:44 AM
I wouldnt stop at Womans Football. Id be looking at ALL possible income streams. We could do a lot more in the asian market as that is an untapped resource. But YOU wouldnt allow that as there are no Asians in the first team I presume?

:faf: I'd have 11 asians in our first team, i suppose they would have to be men though? Nice try. :rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Have a look at ESPN2 BH, you are in for a treat!

fishybeaver
04-09-2012, 12:09 PM
I watched the 2nd half of this game by accident, 1st time I have ever witnessed women's football, thought it would be a bit of a joke to be honest. I was i stunned at the level off skill and the quality of football from both side's. What was lacking in mussel was more than compensated by determination and skill. I have probably done a 100% u-turn about women's football having actually watched it. Next time they are playing near me, I will make a point of going to watch.

Impressed.

Brightside
04-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Mods - I think the bounce have a Wimins Fitba section.. why not put one on here and then BH can just avoid it and we can keep this stuff away from the First Team section.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Good idea.

GreenPJ
04-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Hibs have been and want to be seen as a community team. Supporting kids, youth and women's football is helping build that community concept. I am sure that as canny as Mr Petrie is made out to be that he must see some sort of return on investment by sponsoring kids/youth/womens football.

JimBHibees
04-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Am I right in saying that the Hibs womens team dont play at East Mains but play somewhere like Broxburn juniors ground? Wouldnt have any issue with Hibs providing training or even match day facilities at EM however anything more than that and possibly offering any spare training gear, equipment tHEn not sure the club should get more involved especially when money is tight and some appear to be losing their jobs behind the scenes at ER.

Leishy1995
04-09-2012, 01:15 PM
BH still hasn't realised the reason their won't be a hibs official darts team is because hibs aren't linked to darts. Women's FOOTBALL is linked to Hibs. So that explains why they'd fund the already created Hibs ladies. I know a lot of girls who claim to be Hibs fans and have never went to games before. And stop talking about them playing for the first team. That's never going to happen, they stop playing mixed at under 13s.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Mods - I think the bounce have a Wimins Fitba section.. why not put one on here and then BH can just avoid it and we can keep this stuff away from the First Team section.

Yip good idea.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2012, 01:28 PM
BH still hasn't realised the reason their won't be a hibs official darts team is because hibs aren't linked to darts. Women's FOOTBALL is linked to Hibs. So that explains why they'd fund the already created Hibs ladies. I know a lot of girls who claim to be Hibs fans and have never went to games before. And stop talking about them playing for the first team. That's never going to happen, they stop playing mixed at under 13s.

Is this the same WOMENS FOOTBALL, that you told us is classed as a different sport? :confused:

And please dont tell me what i can or cant talk about, unless i am breaking any rules i will say what i want to. :rolleyes:

GreenCastle
04-09-2012, 01:28 PM
I watched the 2nd half of this game by accident, 1st time I have ever witnessed women's football, thought it would be a bit of a joke to be honest. I was i stunned at the level off skill and the quality of football from both side's. What was lacking in mussel was more than compensated by determination and skill. I have probably done a 100% u-turn about women's football having actually watched it. Next time they are playing near me, I will make a point of going to watch.

Impressed.

The standard has improved massively over the last few years in the women's game - you only have to look at the quality on show in the Olympics.

If you can't see that then IMHO you have no clue about football.

The women's game will never be the same as the men - for obvious reasons but give it some credit and respect and get out the stone age / sexist thinking that it's just a mans game! I have seen many women's players who are better than those who play for a team at a weekend.

It's like men and women's tennis - same sport - different styles played during the game - but still entertaining.

Regarding the Hibs and Spartans set up - both have very good women's teams and Spartans facilities are better than many SFL clubs so as a club they deserve credit for offering that to the community! I'm not sure how much support Hibs ladies get from the Hibs board - not much I would expect!

Hearts are playing Spartans this Friday at 7.30pm - any Hibs fans going down to cheer on Spartans ? :greengrin

Leishy1995
04-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Is this the same WOMENS FOOTBALL, that you told us is classed as a different sport? :confused:

And please dont tell me what i can or cant talk about, unless i am breaking any rules i will say what i want to. :rolleyes:

Well the two sports don't mix? So yes. And I'm still saying that. But it's linked to Hibs already? Unlike the stupid banjo team you previously mentioned.

And I didn't say you couldn't talk about things. But what you are saying is actually not necessary anymore. The entire discussion is pointless until Hibs as a business decide to take a look into this branch of Hibernian and this side of football.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2012, 01:35 PM

The standard has improved massively over the last few years in the women's game - you only have to look at the quality on show in the Olympics.

If you can't see that then IMHO you have no clue about football.

The women's game will never be the same as the men - for obvious reasons but give it some credit and respect and get out the stone age.

It's like men and women's tennis - same sport - different styles played during the game - but still entertaining.

Regarding the Hibs and Spartans set up - both have very good women's teams and Spartans facilities are better than many SFL clubs!

Hearts are playing Spartans this Friday at 7.30pm - any Hibs fans going down to cheer on Spartans ? :greengrin

I agree the game has come on leaps and bounds, i remember watching Doncaster Belles maybe 10-12 years ago, and it was funny watching them, honestly it made me laugh. The wrong thing i know, but wrongly i was comparing it to mens football.

I watched a few games in the olympics, and the quality was much much better. Its still quite poor compared to the men, but 100 times better than 10 years ago.

Now some may think i live in the stone ages, but i see nothing that connects womens football to mens, other than they are playing the same game?

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Well the two sports don't mix? So yes. And I'm still saying that. But it's linked to Hibs already? Unlike the stupid banjo team you previously mentioned.

I like the banjo.

And I didn't say you couldn't talk about things. But what you are saying is actually not necessary anymore. The entire discussion is pointless until Hibs as a business decide to take a look into this branch of Hibernian and this side of football.

Yes you did, you told me to stop talking about them playing for the first team, i will continue to say it. Its a relevant part of my position on this issue.

Unless we win the roll over euromillions, other than donating a set of strips and the odd football, i hope Hibernian never look into that side of things?

Leishy1995
04-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Yes you did, you told me to stop talking about them playing for the first team, i will continue to say it. Its a relevant part of my position on this issue.

Unless we win the roll over euromillions, other than donating a set of strips and the odd football, i hope Hibernian never look into that side of things?

You like the banjo then. But that point is irrelevant. They are separate branches of sport. Not connected by anything except club names. Arsenal, Everton, Hibs. The difference being the first two invest in their teams. Why would you not want them to attempt to capitalise on a sport improving in popularity? That's just plain stupid.

GreenCastle
04-09-2012, 01:48 PM
I agree the game has come on leaps and bounds, i remember watching Doncaster Belles maybe 10-12 years ago, and it was funny watching them, honestly it made me laugh. The wrong thing i know, but wrongly i was comparing it to mens football.

I watched a few games in the olympics, and the quality was much much better. Its still quite poor compared to the men, but 100 times better than 10 years ago.

Now some may think i live in the stone ages, but i see nothing that connects womens football to mens, other than they are playing the same game?

I enjoyed the women's games in the Olympics more than Team GB men - especially the Canada v USA women semi final - really good match.

Like I said - Don't compare it to the men's game - appreciate that it's different and give it respect as it's not been played and supported financially as much as the mens game over the years at the top level.

The Scottish Women National team has more chance of qualifying for a major tournament before a men's in the near future also so that's worth some support and add to that the women's game in Europe brings in more money than the Scottish lower league men's leagues so they must be doing something right! If you have a daughter it's a pretty good sport to get them involved in right now especially with the Scottish game improving and other opportunities like getting scholarships in the USA available :agree:

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2012, 02:10 PM
I enjoyed the women's games in the Olympics more than Team GB men - especially the Canada v USA women semi final - really good match.

Like I said - Don't compare it to the men's game - appreciate that it's different and give it respect as it's not been played and supported financially as much as the mens game over the years at the top level.

The Scottish Women National team has more chance of qualifying for a major tournament before a men's in the near future also so that's worth some support and add to that the women's game in Europe brings in more money than the Scottish lower league men's leagues so they must be doing something right! If you have a daughter it's a pretty good sport to get them involved in right now especially with the Scottish game improving and other opportunities like getting scholarships in the USA available :agree:

You say dont compare it to the mens game, but its difficult not to? For me its black or white, this is like any other sport, it needs to find its own level, and support itself. If there is a viewing public willing to pay and watch this, then it will sink or swim on the figures it achieves.

I have supported Hibs for over 45 years, and when i say support, its the mens team i support. I keep hearing how skint the game is, and how we are cutting back on this or that. I have no problem with womens football, but if it takes funds away from the team i support, then its a penny too much in my opinion.

The argument about bringing in more support is very vague, and i dont believe the arguments for stand up to any scrutiny?

When watching SSN, and it brings up the league tables for the womens league, i always smile when i see them near the top, i have nothing against them but for me they need to fund their own football team, as i will never go watch one game they will ever play.

GreenPJ
04-09-2012, 02:24 PM
You say dont compare it to the mens game, but its difficult not to? For me its black or white, this is like any other sport, it needs to find its own level, and support itself. If there is a viewing public willing to pay and watch this, then it will sink or swim on the figures it achieves.

I have supported Hibs for over 45 years, and when i say support, its the mens team i support. I keep hearing how skint the game is, and how we are cutting back on this or that. I have no problem with womens football, but if it takes funds away from the team i support, then its a penny too much in my opinion.

The argument about bringing in more support is very vague, and i dont believe the arguments for stand up to any scrutiny?
When watching SSN, and it brings up the league tables for the womens league, i always smile when i see them near the top, i have nothing against them but for me they need to fund their own football team, as i will never go watch one game they will ever play.

Do you believe Tight Rod would be spending money if he did not think it would bring a benefit?

hibbybob
04-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Should women play football?

Answer from 50 seconds onwards :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEol7v7cA7Q

Leishy1995
04-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Do you believe Tight Rod would be spending money if he did not think it would bring a benefit?

Every penny that man spends will be to benefit the club as a whole. And if he sees women's football as a gold mine for Hibs the overall business, he will go for it.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2012, 03:05 PM

How much is he spending, and what benefits are occurring, facts and figures please?

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Is this thread still ongoing?!!!

GreenPJ
04-09-2012, 03:37 PM
How much is he spending, and what benefits are occurring, facts and figures please?

Are you as diligent about all of the accounts and spend of Hibernian football club? I have no idea what is being spent, however, on the basis that he is frugal am guessing its not much and its his and the board's responsibility that they spend the money that they see fit in helping promote and benefit Hibernian football club.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Are you as diligent about all of the accounts and spend of Hibernian football club? I have no idea what is being spent, however, on the basis that he is frugal am guessing its not much and its his and the board's responsibility that they spend the money that they see fit in helping promote and benefit Hibernian football club.

I agree, and hope if we are spending anything, its a nominal amount or just donations of shirts and balls.

Baldy Foghorn
04-09-2012, 05:09 PM
I blame Dee Hepburn for all of this............

Jonnyboy
04-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Dunno if anyone else watched the Paralympic GB footie today. It involved partially sighted and therefore disabled players who all wore blindfolds to ensure parity as some have a better range of vision than others. They use a ball with ball bearings inside it and use that sound to determine where the ball is. Their ability was outstanding, given their disability.

Why am I raising this here? During the commentary it was stated that Premiership clubs West Brom, Everton and others have disabled clubs affiliated to them. These Premiership clubs help with funding, coaching etc.

For BH - is it not the case that the ladies team and any disability based team is simply part of the Hibernian family? I doubt very much if Hibs fund the ladies to any great extent but if they are part of this inclusive family the club likes to foster then so be it. I honestly don't think for one microsecond that any sum given to the ladies team is detracting from what is available to PF

The Hibee Harp
04-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Those doubting the skill and talent of the ladies should come down to Albyn Park, Broxburn on Sunday. Only goal difference separates third placed Hibs from Celtic in second and its sure to be a cracker!

Pay at the gate entry £5.00

Concessions -OAP and U16 £3.00
Programme £1.00

:flag::thumbsup::agree:

Brightside
05-09-2012, 08:50 AM
So its actually making money for Hibs? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2012, 08:54 AM
So its actually making money for Hibs? :greengrin

It might be, but look at the social unrest its causing between man and wife, boyfriend and girlfriend, even girlfriend and girlfriend?

How many partners are left alone to fend for themselves, while the other half is out playing football enjoying themselves?

Brightside
05-09-2012, 09:42 AM
hahaha....yer just a moody bar steward BH eh. Cmon the Hibs Burds!

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Cmon the Hibs Burds!

Oo-er missus!

weecounty hibby
05-09-2012, 08:56 PM
When Hibernian Football Club was formed am i right in thinking that there was also a Hibernian athletic club and Hibernian swimming club? My point is that anything with the Hibernian name that is succesfull and good for the community can only be a positive thing for Hibernian FC. For that reason i think Hibs ladies is a good thing and should recieve a small amount of support from the Club. That may be something as simple as providing strips or training/playing facilities

Woodrow
07-09-2012, 12:55 AM
It might be, but look at the social unrest its causing between man and wife, boyfriend and girlfriend, even girlfriend and girlfriend?

How many partners are left alone to fend for themselves, while the other half is out playing football enjoying themselves?

Hibernian FC = family club
Family = sons, daughters, mums, dads, grandparents, cousins, all included ...
Anyone else = unfortunate or sad or backward or lonely or sawdustbaws or other (WTF are you on about)?

Twa Cairpets
07-09-2012, 08:15 AM

I've stayed off this thread but your argument here is based on misconception and lack of understanding of facts.

1. Women's football is the biggest growing sport in the UK and the world. This, at a raw level, means there are more girls/women who are now playing football, and developing a love for the game who previously wouldn't have been. In the South East of Scotland the growth of clubs and players has been greater than the rest of the country. These are facts.
2. The pinnacle of the sport is men's football in terms of appeal, marketing, history and intensity. It is likely to remain the case, and while it may happen at adult level, I suspect we are a long way from a women playing for Hibs 1st team due to physical differences if nothing else.
3. You can take the view therefore that the two sports are separate, like you, or you can take the view that girls who love football are going to want to watch the game at the top level they have access to, which in the SE of Scotland is us or them over the road. Hibs being seen to be a women's football friendly club be either through relatively minimal funding or whatever, are investing in tapping into a revenue stream.

The question should be not why should Hibs fund the girls/womens section, but why the bloody hell aren't they. Appropriate, focused investment in this area could yield massive dividends. The figure that been plucked out of the air is £10K. That would be roughly 20 kids getting ST's with an adult who previously wouldn't have done. That money goes straight to the first team BH.

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2012, 02:52 PM
I've stayed off this thread but your argument here is based on misconception and lack of understanding of facts.

1. Women's football is the biggest growing sport in the UK and the world. This, at a raw level, means there are more girls/women who are now playing football, and developing a love for the game who previously wouldn't have been. In the South East of Scotland the growth of clubs and players has been greater than the rest of the country. These are fact
2. The pinnacle of the sport is men's football in terms of appeal, marketing, history and intensity. It is likely to remain the case, and while it may happen at adult level, I suspect we are a long way from a women playing for Hibs 1st team due to physical differences if nothing else.
3. You can take the view therefore that the two sports are separate, like you, or you can take the view that girls who love football are going to want to watch the game at the top level they have access to, which in the SE of Scotland is us or them over the road. Hibs being seen to be a women's football friendly club be either through relatively minimal funding or whatever, are investing in tapping into a revenue stream.

The question should be not why should Hibs fund the girls/womens section, but why the bloody hell aren't they. Appropriate, focused investment in this area could yield massive dividends. The figure that been plucked out of the air is £10K. That would be roughly 20 kids getting ST's with an adult who previously wouldn't have done. That money goes straight to the first team BH.

I keep hearing this, how investment in ladies football could yield massive dividends, i dont believe it for one minute. If this was the case we'd be better investing in a fishing team, a Hibs fishing team would earn the club much more. Fishing is the countrys biggest sport, and these fishermen and women are part of the community. We'd need a bigger ground if we could tap into this?

Hell one of two might even be good enough for the 1st team if we cast the net far enough?

marinello59
08-09-2012, 03:04 PM
I keep hearing this, how investment in ladies football could yield massive dividends, i dont believe it for one minute. If this was the case we'd be better investing in a fishing team, a Hibs fishing team would earn the club much more. Fishing is the countrys biggest sport, and these fishermen and women are part of the community. We'd need a bigger ground if we could tap into this?

Hell one of two might even be good enough for the 1st team if we cast the net far enough?

Given the amount of fishing you do on here I can only assume self interest is at the heart of this idea.:na na:

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Given the amount of fishing you do on here I can only assume self interest is at the heart of this idea.:na na:

I' dont know what you men, i have not been a fan of any kind of Rod for quite a while? :greengrin

marinello59
08-09-2012, 04:48 PM
I' dont know what you men,

Have you been watching 'allo, 'allo again? :greengrin

Just Alf
08-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Not read all this thread ( on my phone)

Womens footy is worth it too for one simple reason...

Neighbours lass plays in one of the kiddy teams ( under 15s ?) and they're a bit Yammish.... Or were.... Over the past year (despite our results) they've started heading to ER on a regular basis

Little acorns etc :-)

nonshinyfinish
08-09-2012, 05:46 PM

I can only assume that this is deliberately disingenuous.

Twa Cairpets
09-09-2012, 03:31 PM

Ok.
1) Women's/Girls football is still football. The highest level of football in Edinburgh are the SPL teams. If you are a footballer of either sex, if you want to watch football at the top level it therefore is likely to be Hibs or Hearts. The more that girls in particular have access to the sport, and Hibs promote it, the more opportunity there is for them to roll through the turnstiles for the first team. As I said - a small investment has the potential to yield many times in excess of the outlay. I've taken my girls team to see Hibs - they (the club) were great. 26 comps for kids who wouldn't have been to the game, stadium tour. They spent hundreds in the club shop, on programmes etc. A couple have been back. Your viewpoint is based on, I'd suggest, false assumptions.
2) Gonnae drop this "why not invest in darts/fishing rubbish". Its a football club, so football activities are all that are relevant. Your point is fatuous.

blackpoolhibs
09-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Ok.
1) Women's/Girls football is still football. The highest level of football in Edinburgh are the SPL teams. If you are a footballer of either sex, if you want to watch football at the top level it therefore is likely to be Hibs or Hearts. The more that girls in particular have access to the sport, and Hibs promote it, the more opportunity there is for them to roll through the turnstiles for the first team. As I said - a small investment has the potential to yield many times in excess of the outlay. I've taken my girls team to see Hibs - they (the club) were great. 26 comps for kids who wouldn't have been to the game, stadium tour. They spent hundreds in the club shop, on programmes etc. A couple have been back. Your viewpoint is based on, I'd suggest, false assumptions.
2) Gonnae drop this "why not invest in darts/fishing rubbish". Its a football club, so football activities are all that are relevant. Your point is fatuous.

Gonnae no tell me what to dae? :rolleyes: Football for women is classed as a different sport apparently, and if its spondulucks you want more of why dismiss darts or fishing? Are the people who partake in these sports not part of the community?

Twa Cairpets
09-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Gonnae no tell me what to dae? :rolleyes: Football for women is classed as a different sport apparently, and if its spondulucks you want more of why dismiss darts or fishing? Are the people who partake in these sports not part of the community?

If you're going to continue to put up an argument that has been shot to pieces by half a dozen different posters, I think I've every right to suggest that you refrain from repeating it. Its a different sport only insofar as its split along gender lines - to suggest its a different sport is just stupid, I'm afraid. Its called football, it has the same laws, and its governed by the SFA in Scotland and FIFA internationally. That'll do for me.
You can persist in this "darts players are part of the community line", but I'm deeply hoping that you're trolling here because I can't believe anyone would be so pig-headed in pursuing this line of argument.

The Hibee Harp
09-09-2012, 04:55 PM
For anyone interested, the girls beat Celtic 2-0 this afternoon. :thumbsup::flag:

blackpoolhibs
09-09-2012, 06:09 PM
If you're going to continue to put up an argument that has been shot to pieces by half a dozen different posters, I think I've every right to suggest that you refrain from repeating it. Its a different sport only insofar as its split along gender lines - to suggest its a different sport is just stupid, I'm afraid. Its called football, it has the same laws, and its governed by the SFA in Scotland and FIFA internationally. That'll do for me.
You can persist in this "darts players are part of the community line", but I'm deeply hoping that you're trolling here because I can't believe anyone would be so pig-headed in pursuing this line of argument.

If you cared to read the thread properly, its not me that calls it a different sport, but the football authorities apparently? I await this influx of women just waiting to stampede on the holy ground, perhaps i'd have been better getting a 3 year season ticket to make sure of my seat?

You can call it pig headed all you like, but there's more chance of a fisherman playing for hibs than any women, and they ARE part of the community, as are dart players. And i'd put money on there being more of them at easter road each week than women footballers?

Twa Cairpets
09-09-2012, 06:12 PM
If you cared to read the thread properly, its not me that calls it a different sport, but the football authorities apparently? I await this influx of women just waiting to stampede on the holy ground, perhaps i'd have been better getting a 3 year season ticket to make sure of my seat?

You can call it pig headed all you like, but there's more chance of a fisherman playing for hibs than any women, and they ARE part of the community, as are dart players. And i'd put money on there being more of them at easter road each week than women footballers?

Are you deliberately being fatuous or genuinely missing the point?

Read the points raised about why it makes sense before you carry on hoisting your particular straw man argument of fishermen.

blackpoolhibs
09-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Are you deliberately being fatuous or genuinely missing the point?

Read the points raised about why it makes sense before you carry on hoisting your particular straw man argument of fishermen.

I'm being 100% genuine, but i'm willing to bet our crowds wont go up just because we have an affiliation with a womens team.

And we wont make any significant money through this if any?

Women will come and watch Hibs because they want to, they are as welcome as anyone, but to suggest as some have we are ignoring 50% of the population is bollox. Everyone is welcome at easter road, womens footballers, darts players or fishermen, why wouldnt they be?

Twiglet
09-09-2012, 06:40 PM
For anyone interested, the girls beat Celtic 2-0 this afternoon. :thumbsup::flag:

:thumbsup: Even the BBC have picked up the story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19538681

Twa Cairpets
09-09-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm being 100% genuine, but i'm willing to bet our crowds wont go up just because we have an affiliation with a womens team.

And we wont make any significant money through this if any?

Women will come and watch Hibs because they want to, they are as welcome as anyone, but to suggest as some have we are ignoring 50% of the population is bollox. Everyone is welcome at easter road, womens footballers, darts players or fishermen, why wouldnt they be?

How do players fall in love with the game? With boys, its because it has been the social and cultural norm for boys to play and watch football. It hasn't been for girls until now. To take your point "Women will come and watch Hibs because they want to" how do you get girls to want to? One way is clearly by having them involved in playing the game - maybe not necessarily at Hibs - but make Hibs aspirational for them. If a girl plays football for Hibs is it more or less likely that she will want to come and watch the senior team? I don't think we are ignoring 50% of the population, but what we are (potentially) doing is not exploiting the opportunity presented by the major growth in that is happening right now in girls and women's football. I cannot see how you can possibly think that an extra 4,000 kids who had previously not played football being essentially ignored by the club, as you seem to want, is a bad thing? (Figure is roughly the regions share of targeted growth in registered players over next five years).

And its very magnanimous for you to accept that they'll be welcome.